PDA

View Full Version : Better circus NBA finals shot?

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Jordan basically switching the ball from right to left on the whole lakers team in mid air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7vsjOHq5E0

Or

Kobe slight switch of hands and hanging in the air moving laterally to get it over Dwight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jamZf5u5jCw

LAKERS4LIFE!!
12-18-2012, 05:25 PM
People will probably say Jordan but Kobe's is much more difficult. Jordan pretty much had no one guarding him while Kobe had the defensive player of the year on him.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM
People will probably say Jordan but Kobe's is much more difficult. Jordan pretty much had no one guarding him while Kobe had the defensive player of the year on him.

I agree Kobe's was more difficult but to say Jordan wasn't guarded by anyone is false he just made it seem that way lol

Money_23
12-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Kobe's shot is way more difficult. But you probably need giant mitts to do what Jordan did.

dh144498
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
objectively speaking Kobe's shot was way tougher.

nickdymez
12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Someone is going to come in here and say Lebrons was better. Whenever you mention Kobe or Jordan, Lebronies come in and force him down our throat...

Anyway, Kobes was more difficult imo

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Kobe's shot is way more difficult. But you probably need giant mitts to do what Jordan did.

^^^^

Borough
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
the ability to switch hands like that in mid air is crazy hard, ive always tried to do that Jordan move, Kobes was equally impressive its really a toss up for me

dh144498
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
the ability to switch hands like that in mid air is crazy hard, ive always tried to do that Jordan move, Kobes was equally impressive its really a toss up for me

you'll need a big enough hand size first to do what Jordan did. His hands developed his post game alot because he was able to switch the ball between hands with great ease than most others.

blahblahyoutoo
12-18-2012, 05:57 PM
voted jordan for nostalgia reasons.
and i agree that he switched hands for no reason, other than to make the highlight reel. what a showboater.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Someone is going to come in here and say Lebrons was better. Whenever you mention Kobe or Jordan, Lebronies come in and force him down our throat...

Haven't seen anyone bring up Lebron yet. Looks like your streak of being wrong continues.

Celtics33
12-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Both are very tough shots, but I just think Jordan's shot just mean't so much more than Kobe's shot. That shot still brings back memories for me, I just don't feel the same with the other one although it was a difficult shot in its own right.

dh144498
12-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Haven't seen anyone bring up Lebron yet. Looks like your streak of being wrong continues.

or they came in with the intention of doing that but then saw his post.

nickdymez
12-18-2012, 06:04 PM

exactly. This rap kid keeps trying to start **** with me. I dont know what his deal is at all....

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
exactly. This rap kid keeps trying to start **** with me. I dont know what his deal is at all....

What do you mean? I constantly try to be your friend despite your trolling but you're so mean.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM

Ehhh. You'd have to prove it. His post was an exaggeration to show his hate for Lebron. No one was actually going to bring up anything else outside of the 2 topics.

nickdymez
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Ehhh. You'd have to prove it. His post was an exaggeration to show his hate for Lebron. No one was actually going to bring up anything else outside of the 2 topics.

Why do you keep messaging me?

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Why do you keep messeging me?

Because you're awesome and my best friend.

nickdymez
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Because you're awesome and my best friend.

Hey bro, chill out with that weird **** please...

MassoDio
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
The OP's question isn't which is more difficult, it is which is the better shot.

I answered both are equally impressive.

Jordan explained why he switched hands, and it wasn't to make the highlight reel. He thought Perkins was going up for the block, which he started to and brought his hands back down. What is impressive about that play is that:

a) Perkins knew he wasn't going to block Jordan's dunk, which is why he brought his hands back down. He had no shot at defending it.

b) Jordan not only had the where-with-all to switch hands to avoid being blocked, he was able to control the ball well enough to switch hands and finish the lay-up. It isn't easy to make a last second decision like that, switch hands, and control the shot.

Plus, it meant more in the bigger scheme of things in that, it was Jordan's first finals. It was him not only getting over the hump, but that play demoralized the Lakers. That was the the proverbial nail. It just said "This is Jordan's time". And it was for the next decade.

The Kobe shot had a higher degree of difficulty and was against a premiere defender. So by that measure, it was just as impressive.

That being said, there are probably a ton of more impressive shots from both of them, even in the finals.

dh144498
12-18-2012, 06:11 PM

true. I think it's better to just leave it alone.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Hey bro, chill out with that weird **** please...

I'm only trying to be friendly.

nickdymez
12-18-2012, 06:14 PM
lol. I dont see why Mods arent seeing this guy blantently harrass me

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
lol. I dont see why Mods arent seeing this guy blantently harrass me

You aren't the only one I VM about that stuff. Not like I'm "harassing" you as an individual.

Klivlend
12-18-2012, 06:19 PM

...and whenever someone mentions Kobe, along comes this chick that hates on LeBron.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Both are very tough shots, but I just think Jordan's shot just mean't so much more than Kobe's shot. That shot still brings back memories for me, I just don't feel the same with the other one although it was a difficult shot in its own right.

The question didn't ask about your memories.