PDA

View Full Version : Lakers or Clippers

Tymathee
12-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Interesting discussion on local LA radio.

If you had to bet everything you own on either the Lakers or the Clippers to win it all, not to have the best record, higher seed etc but to make it all the way and win it, who do you put it on?

Vegas Odds:

LA Clippers 8-1
LA Lakers 6-1

seikou8
12-18-2012, 05:11 PM
right now clips

Cracka2HI!
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Anyone who would actually do this for the Lakers doesn't own much. Silly either way.

Heediot
12-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Clippers. But I'm not sleeping on the Lakers unless they do crap with Nash.

lakersiznumber1
12-18-2012, 07:35 PM
right now clips is better team but im going with lakers they got kobe and anything can happen in playoffs. if the rest of the team plays half as hard as he does then its lights out

conway429
12-18-2012, 07:41 PM
^ ok thanks "lakersiznumber1".....

Clippers pretty easily IMO, better team -- more talent, better chemistry, way better bench

ManRam
12-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I'd take the gamble and take LAL.

The Clippers are the better team right now, but I'm not certain they're truly championship caliber (very close). The Lakers aren't at all right now, but they have a tremendous amount of upside. If things come together like we all thought it would during the preseason, then I think they can vault up to championship caliber. I'd take that gamble over the safer pick.

Nash will help the offense a ton, if for no other reason than getting the ball out of Kobe's hands so much (not saying he's a detriment, but it leads to predictable offense and he's been a TO machine). I think Pau will figure it out, and that he and Dwight can be the perfect compliments I thought they'd be. With Jamison, Blake, Morris, Hill and Meeks off the bench (instead of starting in some of their cases) their depth should contribute marginally better.

I'm a gambling man.

:shrug:

Hawkeye15
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Clippers. CP3 with legit championship help gives me a boner

ChiSox219
12-18-2012, 08:27 PM
A CP3-Nash 7 game series would be so badass

DreamShaker
12-18-2012, 08:37 PM
I am not a betting man, but you'd be tempted to go with Kobe and the Lakers out of familiarity. I am not a big fan of either coach, but the Clips are better and deeper. I would feel bad about either one. Both seem shaky to me.

lakers4sho
12-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd take the gamble and take LAL.

The Clippers are the better team right now, but I'm not certain they're truly championship caliber (very close). The Lakers aren't at all right now, but they have a tremendous amount of upside. If things come together like we all thought it would during the preseason, then I think they can vault up to championship caliber. I'd take that gamble over the safer pick.

Nash will help the offense a ton, if for no other reason than getting the ball out of Kobe's hands so much (not saying he's a detriment, but it leads to predictable offense and he's been a TO machine). I think Pau will figure it out, and that he and Dwight can be the perfect compliments I thought they'd be. With Jamison, Blake, Morris, Hill and Meeks off the bench (instead of starting in some of their cases) their depth should contribute marginally better.

I'm a gambling man.

:shrug:

^this

Clippers playing at their best isn't championship material. Not saying they're not a good team, but there are better teams. Lakers when all are clicking are downright scary.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Lakers.

Reason?

I dont trust Paul and Griffins health .

If one of them gets out no ring.

Lakers can afford to miss one of the top 4 players and still win a ring

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 08:58 PM
This is a dumb question. A D'Antoni coached team going all the way??? LMFAOOOO I'll take the CP3 coached team

justinnum1
12-18-2012, 08:58 PM
clippers easily

Faneik
12-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Lakers.

Reason?

don't think so

no kobe - no ring

no dwight - no ring

no gasol - no ring

ohreally
12-18-2012, 09:00 PM
I'd sit that one out, unless if I only lose if the other team of the two actually did win it all.

Lakers at least have the possibility with Nash not having played yet. I don't see the Clippers at all. Put a healthy Bogut on the Warriors and I'd soner put my money on them.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 09:33 PM
don't think so

no kobe - no ring

no dwight - no ring

no gasol - no ring

actually you missed the only one that i think no him no ring wich is nash.

Baller1
12-18-2012, 09:35 PM
The Clippers. I've seen nothing from the Lakers to make me think I could win money off of them. Meanwhile the Clippers are starting to look like they have the ability to beat anyone at any time.

RonE Coleman
12-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Lakers.

Reason?

Lmao your such a clown, if they lose Kobe or Dwight there is 0 chance they can win a ring. Plus Mike NoD' Antoni is the coach.

Faneik
12-18-2012, 09:41 PM

actually you missed the only one that i think no him no ring wich is nash.

agree to disagree

kblo247
12-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Clippers. CP3 with legit championship help gives me a boner

Then playoff comes, they draw Tony Parker and he pisses himself like 2 times before.

I'm going Lakers simply because Paul isn't that big a playoff player himself as he doesn't step up and score when his team needs it in the real season, and its hurt them as a Hornet and Clipper. You can call it playing the right way, but it ain't winning ****, and it ain't putting them in position to win when he caps his own scoring when teams need it likes he has done in the playoff series they have lost. He's not ago down swinging type

To add to it Barnes has had three horrible disappearing acts in the playoffs recently. They need to rely on Odom, Hill, and Billuos all who have more question marks than Pau or Nash physically. They are a regular season squad deep 1-12 but without a noticeable playoff guy on the roster (unless Blake evolves), and their record right now is relying heavily on Crawford and Matt. Least LA has guys who know what it's like to be in big games and win them, that are actually capable of playing on their roster. Lastly I just don't trust Vinny because he makes me scratch my head and did even in Chicago

Hawkeye15
12-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Then playoff comes, they draw Tony Parker and he pisses himself like 2 times before.

I'm going Lakers simply because Paul isn't that big a playoff player himself as he doesn't step up and score when his team needs it in the real season, and its hurt them as a Hornet and Clipper. You can call it playing the right way, but it ain't winning ****, and it ain't putting them in position to win when he caps his own scoring when teams need it likes he has done in the playoff series they have lost. He's not ago down swinging type

To add to it Barnes has had three horrible disappearing acts in the playoffs recently. They need to rely on Odom, Hill, and Billuos all who have more question marks than Pau or Nash physically. They are a regular season squad deep 1-12 but without a noticeable playoff guy on the roster (unless Blake evolves), and their record right now is relying heavily on Crawford and Matt. Least LA has guys who know what it's like to be in big games and win them, that are actually capable of playing on their roster. Lastly I just don't trust Vinny because he makes me scratch my head and did even in Chicago

I mean, I knew your answer....

Jint.
12-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Paper Clipps..

c.c.
12-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Clippers over the Lakers but Rockets overall!!!!

ManRam
12-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Not sure I'm buying the "Chris Paul isn't good in the playoffs" argument at all though.

kylem4711
12-19-2012, 12:01 AM
so far the count is
laker fans - 17
everyone who is not a myopic laker fan - 21

RealLiveBear
12-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Thunder

Cracka2HI!
12-19-2012, 02:07 AM
^this

Clippers playing at their best isn't championship material. Not saying they're not a good team, but there are better teams. Lakers when all are clicking are downright scary.

This is awesome! I LOVE Laker fans like you!! I really want some analysis on this. The last sentence is just pure brilliance! So when have we seen the "downright scary" team? Are you talking about the dominant 4 point win over the Generals oh sorry I mean Wizards the other night :laugh2:

I know I am mocking you, but I'd really like you to answer the question. This form of the Lakers has been nothing but an average to horrible team.

DragonJaii
12-19-2012, 02:12 AM
CLips as of now

Cracka2HI!
12-19-2012, 02:18 AM

To add to it Barnes has had three horrible disappearing acts in the playoffs recently. They need to rely on Odom, Hill, and Billuos all who have more question marks than Pau or Nash physically. They are a regular season squad deep 1-12 but without a noticeable playoff guy on the roster (unless Blake evolves), and their record right now is relying heavily on Crawford and Matt. Least LA has guys who know what it's like to be in big games and win them, that are actually capable of playing on their roster. Lastly I just don't trust Vinny because he makes me scratch my head and did even in Chicago:laugh2:

tripleplay2007
12-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Clippers!

lakers4sho
12-19-2012, 02:37 AM
This is awesome! I LOVE Laker fans like you!! I really want some analysis on this. The last sentence is just pure brilliance! So when have we seen the "downright scary" team? Are you talking about the dominant 4 point win over the Generals oh sorry I mean Wizards the other night :laugh2:

I know I am mocking you, but I'd really like you to answer the question. This form of the Lakers has been nothing but an average to horrible team.

My god, I already told you in the other thread to learn some reading comprehension before coming at me.

What part of "when all are clicking" are you having trouble understanding?

Cracka2HI!
12-19-2012, 02:55 AM
Clippers!TP!!! NO Fn way!!!

My god, I already told you in the other thread to learn some reading comprehension before coming at me.

What part of "when all are clicking" are you having trouble understanding?Perfect comeback, ignore the question and question my reading skills! Typical. Once again it is you that is having trouble understanding. I asked a simple question. The Lakers haven't clicked. You saying they are better than a team on a 10 game winning streak "when clicking" is just something I would really like to see you attempt to explain. There, that time I didn't even "come at you". If you want to just admit it was a post you made because you are a fan of the Lakers I would accept that.

Clippersfan86
12-19-2012, 03:10 AM
"When" as if the Lakers are ever guaranteed to mesh and dominate like that. Some Laker stans in serious denial. Clippers don't look like a championship team? Great record vs the NBA's other elite teams and winning by an average margin of over 15+ points during this 10 game win streak. Crazy thing is they are still short Billups and Hill. I think the Clippers are not only better than even I expected but at 100 percent strength could win the championship this year.

John Walls Era
12-19-2012, 05:01 AM
If I had to risk it all it would easily be Lakers. Clippers are cursed. Lakers always have the rigg factor. The Lakers are just an easier team for the NBA to sell.

STL Don
12-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Premature topic.

Without Nash, certainly the Clippers. They're one of the better teams in the league and do have some of the pieces you need in winning a ring, however, once Nash does return, I believe they'll be the favorites once things get settled and the Lakers find their balance.

kblo247
12-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Not sure I'm buying the "Chris Paul isn't good in the playoffs" argument at all though.

Didn't say not good, I said not great because he caps himself.

He is the one guy who literally can have it going in playoff games and then stop shooting the ball and exploiting his matchup or looking to score because he wants to get others involved even when they are missing. It's cost him him before.

And yeah Tony Parker does have papers on him in the postseason.

Nothing about his playoff career screams great, not his teams success, not his prolonged numbers. Nothing really as he has had flashes or games, but not one great run where he's just totally took over and placed his stamp on it.

HowFit
12-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Clippers...

todu82
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
The Clippers

HaruSoul
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I have a feeling Nash is going to come back and they Lakers will take off, however if I am betting everything on this, I would just go hunt down Nash and guarantee I win.

benzni
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
tough to be on either with the Heat and Thunder around but I would take Lakers

kylem4711
12-19-2012, 10:10 PM
If I had to risk it all it would easily be Lakers. Clippers are cursed. Lakers always have the rigg factor. The Lakers are just an easier team for the NBA to sell.

this is the only acceptable answer if you picked the lakers.

Tymathee
12-20-2012, 05:04 PM
know what I forgot to add?

Here are the Vegas Odds

Clippers 8-1
Lakers 6-1

Cracka2HI!
12-20-2012, 05:43 PM
WOW! That's pretty amazing. Anyone taking the Lakers for a whopping 6/1 investment? That's probably the worst odds I've ever seen for a team. Anyone that would make that bet right now isn't very smart. I got 100 on the Clipps at 30/1! That's a good bet!

AIRMAR72
12-20-2012, 05:47 PM
this thread for kids..

Sactown
12-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Clippers are obviously the safe choice, while the Lakers are the gamble.
Also, am I the only one who is starting to think that perhaps the Lakers don't have as much talent as advertised? Obviously they don't have all their Key players, but I'm starting to wonder if a championship is really the direction they're headed.

JasonJohnHorn
12-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Any choice other than the Clippers doesn't make sense considering how badly the Lakers are palying right now, and 'Antoni isn't helping things

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Who you should want to win is the Clippers. It makes it where star players don't mind playing for franchises not known for anything yet.

b-ballistic
12-21-2012, 06:59 PM
^ ok thanks "lakersiznumber1".....

Clippers pretty easily IMO, better team -- more talent, better chemistry, way better bench

agree