12-18-2012, 02:57 AM
People make cases for it

I say no.

0nekhmer
12-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Maybe in the prehistoric museum

hail2skins4life
12-18-2012, 03:03 AM
not right now. if he gets another ring or 2 with the heat then i would put him in

RonE Coleman
12-18-2012, 03:05 AM
In before close.

Cal827
12-18-2012, 03:09 AM
As of now, the guy is basically a 20-9 player. If he can keep it up for a bit, then I don't see why not.

Legitimate
12-18-2012, 03:13 AM
If he was still on the raptors, no. but now that he's on the heat, yes. :D

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 03:18 AM
No way.

Mr_Jones
12-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Probably a bit too premature ejaculation to be thinking about this.

naps
12-18-2012, 03:22 AM
If he keeps this level of play up for a few more seasons then absolutely. Dude is what like 27 or 28? I see no reason why he won't make it specially if he adds another ring to his resume.

lakersfan01
12-18-2012, 03:29 AM
:laugh2:

ThuglifeJ
12-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Probably a bit too premature ejaculation to be thinking about this.

in the Raptors forum Carter's jersey being hung in raftors was being discussed. A couple posters said Bosh's uni needs to be hung over Carter's, meaning Bosh is HOF material, which shocked me cuz I didnt think he was at all.

so I made this thread to see if other people thought Bosh was too.

I dont see how him having a ring puts him any higher when he's not even the 2nd best player on the team (usually winning a ring as the man on the team is what gets you in the HOF, 3rd player gets little HOF recognition unless they were already a HOF player)

heyman321
12-18-2012, 03:41 AM
Not even CLOSE!! you guys are crazy.

Mr_Jones
12-18-2012, 03:41 AM
in the Raptors forum Carter's jersey being hung in raftors was being discussed. A couple posters said Bosh's uni needs to be hung over Carter's, meaning Bosh is HOF material, which shocked me cuz I didnt think he was at all.

I dont see how him having a ring puts him any higher when he's not even the 2nd best player on the team (usually winning a ring as the man on the team is what gets you in the HOF, 3rd player gets little HOF recognition unless they were already a HOF player)

WHAT EVER, BRO. You're mad at your Dad, not at me, I forgive you.

The_Jamal
12-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Interesting discussion. I could see Bosh being a HoF in the same way guys like Worthy or Dennis Johnson are in the Hall. Statistically, he's well on his way to having HoF numbers and he's just entering his prime now at 28. If he keeps up this production through his prime, adds a few all-star games and possibly another ring or 2, you'd be hard-pressed to find a player with that sort of resume who isn't in the hall

Gibby
12-18-2012, 04:01 AM
How does a 7 time all star not make it. Has a career PER of 20.9. There are a lot of 2nd and 3rd options in the hall of fame.

Even before he joined the heat, he was 5 time all star with a PER over 21.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 04:02 AM

:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2:

Gibby
12-18-2012, 04:04 AM

Bosh was a 5 time all star before he joined the heat.

ThuglifeJ
12-18-2012, 04:18 AM
and? 5 all star appearances doesnt make you a HOFer.

well i guess the HOF is pretty leniant. Kinda pathetic there are 4 time all stars in there.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Maybe.

Leaning for yes.

I mean he has an olympic gold and a ring.

You wont find many players with both things and not in the hof.

Chavacano
12-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Maybe.

JordansBulls
12-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes and quite easily now. Dude is already a 7x allstar and will be a 8x allstar with a championship ring now.

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't see why he wouldn't, unless his numbers suddenly drop. Likely though, he wins at least one or two more rings, continue to make All-Star teams for several years, and continues posting near 20/10 numbers... why wouldn't he?

You look at teams like the Lakers and the Celtics and the Bulls, they all have at least three HOFers on their rosters (Worthy, Kareem, Magic; Bird, McHale, Parish; Jordan, Pippen, Rodman). I mean, he is a champion and a 7 time all-star with more all-star appearances on the way, coupled wiht his championship and gold medals. I would like to see him rebound the ball a little better though. Plus he won the eastern-conference player of the month award in January of 2007 ;-)

Swashcuff
12-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah Bosh without a doubt gets into the Hall once he keeps up his level of production and keeps winning while in Miami, if the world ended Friday he would not have been HOF worthy however.

SteBO
12-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah Bosh without a doubt gets into the Hall once he keeps up his level of production and keeps winning while in Miami, if the world ended Friday he would not have been HOF worthy however.
My thoughts here as well. I need to see more from him for it to even be in consideration. So far though, I have no complaints. Time will tell.....

Swashcuff
12-18-2012, 10:21 AM
and? 5 all star appearances doesnt make you a HOFer.

well i guess the HOF is pretty leniant. Kinda pathetic there are 4 time all stars in there.

There is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more that goes into making the Hall than ASG appearances.

If we take BBRef HOF rating system (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html) as a guide (by no means is this fool proof but its a guide) Bosh is at this point has a very good shot (that could go down if he regresses as a player). You however would dislike this system for one reason and one reason only. He's ahead of Carter which makes it pointless had it been the other way around however I'm quite certain you'd love it.

Jarvo
12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Why won't he be? And if you Gasol fans say he does Bosh does too.

Lakers4life08
12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
hell no,if Bosh HOF,so David Lee and a lot of others should be HOF...Bosh is good player star player....but he is not superstar and no team would win ring with him as 1 or 2 option of the team

justinnum1
12-18-2012, 10:48 AM
for sure

Swashcuff
12-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Gasol's FIBA accomplishments are more impressive than Bosh's all things considered.

prodigy
12-18-2012, 10:50 AM
ummm, no! I think its nuts to even consider Bosh anywhere near HOF status. Maybe thats just me But the guy is not a difference maker at all. not only that but he's weak, soft and a quiter.

prodigy
12-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Jordan, Magic, Bird, Bosh. which one don't fit?

Swashcuff
12-18-2012, 10:59 AM

I urge you to take a quick look at the Basketball Hall Of Fame (http://www.nba.com/history/hall-of-fame-inductees/index.html) before you continue posting.

ManRam
12-18-2012, 11:02 AM
He's a lot closer than you guys are giving him credit. Two more rings and he's a lock. I think he'll make it regardless.

And if you're comparing his career to David Lee's well, shame on you.

The "Jordan, Magic, Bird, Bosh" comment is silly too. Compare him to the lower echelon of the HOF and he'll fit in a lot better.

justinnum1
12-18-2012, 11:04 AM

:facepalm:

prodigy
12-18-2012, 11:05 AM
I urge you to take a quick look at the NBA Hall Of Fame (http://www.nba.com/history/hall-of-fame-inductees/index.html) before you continue posting.

So you wanna just keep adding to the junk thats in there? not me. But looking at that list he prob will get in. :facepalm:

BTW i see alot of heat fans(lol) saying Bosh should be in the HOF? shocker.

prodigy
12-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Compare him to the lower echelon of the HOF and he'll fit in a lot better.

This is why he's not a HOF'er. If we have to compare him to the crap the NBA puts in there then he's not a HOF'er. case closed

Swashcuff
12-18-2012, 11:13 AM
This is why he's not a HOF'er. If we have to compare him to the crap the NBA puts in there then he's not a HOF'er. case closed

You didn't even know who was in the HOF so how on earth can you even know enough about the game to know the value of those players who are not seen on the level of Magic, Michael and Bird?

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2012, 11:16 AM
hell no,if Bosh HOF,so David Lee and a lot of others should be HOF...Bosh is good player star player....but he is not superstar and no team would win ring with him as 1 or 2 option of the team

Using that logic, you would exclude a great number of HOF players. Dennis Rodman for example, would not be a great 1st, 2nd or evern 3rd or 4th option, yet he is still a HOF.

Robert Parish was never more than a third option throughout his career in Boston and he is a HOFer.

And I'm not sure David Lee isn't worthy of HOF consideration. He is a very talented player and if he finds himself in a winning situation, like Pau and Bosh did after several seasons in a losing situation, he would be just as likely a candidate for the HOF as any other 20/10 players.

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2012, 11:22 AM
I dunno understand why so many people think that a 7times all-star (and counting) who has olympic gold is absolutely not in the conversation for hte HOF? This defies logic to me.

Big Zo
12-18-2012, 11:25 AM

The white guy? lol

ManRam
12-18-2012, 11:25 AM

That's a terrible argument though. The Hall of Fame is what it is. I agree that it is a bit too easy to get in to (not by much), but that's not Bosh's fault. He doesn't have to do a whole lot more to fit in.

THey aren't just suddenly going to change their standards, sorry.

blystr2002
12-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Why not just let every very good player in. The Hall of Very Good sounds about right. The HoF should be reserved for dominant elite players. Eventually, letting too many very good to low end all stars in waters down the HoF and it loses its value.

As for Bosh, he is an all star caliber player right now, but that does that make him an all-time player. His he really dominating his generation or even a top 3 PF throughout his career.

JiffyMix88
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
WHAT EVER, BRO. You're mad at your Dad, not at me, I forgive you.

Well I'm glad you forgave him cause I damn sure ain't! :mad:

MackSnackWrap
12-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Career averages of 20-9, 7 time all star 28 years old barring injury and another title or 2 mos def.. The hate without logic is crazy.

DitchDat
12-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't think so

Celtics33
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Maybe with his credentials as a 20-9 guy and a championship, but I think he will definitely be in there with another ring or two.

SteBO
12-18-2012, 11:35 AM
So you wanna just keep adding to the junk thats in there? not me. But looking at that list he prob will get in. :facepalm:

BTW i see alot of heat fans(lol) saying Bosh should be in the HOF? shocker.
Do you think Pau Gasol is HOF player?

king4day
12-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I put maybe. If he retired today, no. But he's got a lot of time to things to change that.

blystr2002
12-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Career averages of 20-9, 7 time all star 28 years old barring injury and another title or 2 mos def.. The hate without logic is crazy.

It is not hate. Most people would agree he is an all star caliber player and would want him on their team, but at anytime has he been one of even the best 3 players at his position in the league. It is just about having a higher standard for the HoF. Not every all star is an all time great that is another level higher.

SteBO
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
It is not hate. Most people would agree he is an all star caliber player and would want him on their team, but at anytime has he been one of even the best 3 players at his position in the league. It is just about having a higher standard for the HoF. Not every all star is an all time great that is another level higher.
Agreed, but there's a lot of time left for him. He's only 28 years of age. Right now, I'd say no. But it's still very early.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2012, 11:55 AM
he will likely finish his carrer around 18 and 8 and never accomplished anything as the man. he shouldnt even be put on a ballot. HOF is for legends not really good players.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 12:00 PM
he will likely finish his carrer around 18 and 8 and never accomplished anything as the man. he shouldnt even be put on a ballot. HOF is for legends not really good players.

I wouldnt call Taking a team whose second best player was Jose Calderon to the playoffs as " doing nothing as the man".

--23--
12-18-2012, 12:06 PM
:laugh2: no way

mjt20mik
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Now no.

Assuming he plays for another 6-8 years, Yes.

mjt20mik
12-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I wouldnt call Taking a team whose second best player was Jose Calderon to the playoffs as " doing nothing as the man".

Jose is the walking triple double. If anything Jose carried him :D:rolleyes::p

2-ONE-5
12-18-2012, 12:25 PM

and didnt get out of the first round even as the 3 seed and div. champs

todu82
12-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I like Bosh but I doubt very much he ever makes the Hall of Fame.

Money_23
12-18-2012, 02:04 PM
100% no as of now.

BKdoubleStacker
12-18-2012, 02:27 PM
close, but I dont think so

Heediot
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM

Rofl. IF his team was out west that year, he wouldn't even sniff the playoffs. The east was weak!

KnickaBocka.44
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Right now I don't think he is even close.

jayjay33
12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Not even CLOSE!! you guys are crazy.

You clearly know nothing about the basketball hall if fame if you think that. Lol

John Walls Era
12-18-2012, 02:33 PM
I urge you to take a quick look at the Basketball Hall Of Fame (http://www.nba.com/history/hall-of-fame-inductees/index.html) before you continue posting.

They're a lost cause, I realize that a few days after I joined. I always see you replying with a bunch of knowledge and facts, but it all gets watered down due to every other post.

jayjay33
12-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Compare him to the lower echelon of the HOF and he'll fit in a lot better.

Maybe you are not being clear
enough. I assume you are saying he "will" get in , but that you just don't think he should?

Other wise what you just wrote does not make any sense.......

Jint.
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
no.. Bosh forum

Pistol_Pete
12-18-2012, 02:59 PM
If you said, "should Chris Bosh be in the HOF?" I would be inclined to say no.

But, if you said "There's a guy who is a 7x all-star, has 1 Olympic Gold Medal, 1 NBA championship, career averages of 20/9, and is the all-time leading scorer in franchise history (Toronto), should he be in the HOF? you'd likely say hes. It's possible that he gets another championship and a number of AS appearances. He'd likely make it in on that.

Kobe2324
12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
i say no, slight chance but no...

sep11ie
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Here the OP's "case" he made...

"I say no.". Great input to your own thread buddy...

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-18-2012, 03:26 PM
haha HELL NAW.

ManRam
12-18-2012, 03:33 PM
It's easy to come up with a bunch of stats and say "he's one of only X players to do such and such"...but...

Every player in NBA history that has averaged 19 points, 9 rebounds, a PER of 20 and .15 WS/48 is in the Hall of Fame (or will be: TD, KD, Shaq, Yao...Blake Griffin withstanding). There's 18 of them, from Mikan, to Pettit, to Wilt, to Kareem, Bird, MaloneS, Chuck, Hakeem, DRob, Yao...it's elite company.

Throw in the fact that he's been to 8 all star games (he'll make his 8th this year), every single person that's been to 8 is in the Hall that's been eligible, except Larry Foust. Mutombo, AI, Shaq, GP and Yao will make it too. Active players with 8+ are Kobe, KG, TD, Dirk, Ray, Kidd, Pierce, Vince, LeBron, Nash and Wade.

He's won a ring, which helps his cause immensely.

He's not in if he retired now, but to everyone laughing it off, you're just flat out wrong. He's one of the 10-15 most viable candidates currently playing.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 03:42 PM
pierce
kg
lebron
wade
duncan
parker
manu
dirk
kobe
pau
nash
dwight
cp3
durant
shaq
iverson

maybe
rondo
melo
bosh
rose
artest
wallace
billups
t-mac
carter
ben wallace.
Ming.

thekmp211
12-18-2012, 03:49 PM
lol barring a freak injury or a MonStars talent drain, Bosh will be a lock when he retires and probably a few seasons beforehand.

I swear I can't even figure out what some people think it takes to get into the HoF.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-18-2012, 03:53 PM
From reading this thread, I've learned that the NBA forum is a bit dumber than I thought. People in here are really underrating Bosh, and with having a gold medal, now an NBA championship, to go along with making it to the all star game 7 times and counting he'll probably make it.

Just looking at Bosh's résumé compared to some HOF's he's already got a better list of achievements.

Swashcuff
12-18-2012, 03:56 PM
lol barring a freak injury or a MonStars talent drain, Bosh will be a lock when he retires and probably a few seasons beforehand.

I swear I can't even figure out what some people think it takes to get into the HoF.

:laugh2:

Good one. So true though guys don't even know who is in the hall and what they did to get there but think because its suppose to be a oh so magnificent HOF Bosh isn't supposed to be there, truth is 20 years from now they'd look back and only then appreciate how good he was when he was in the league and how his career stacked up to others.

LAKobeBryant
12-18-2012, 04:23 PM

i lol'd museum haha

Avenged
12-18-2012, 04:59 PM

LOL Pau has accomplished a lot more than Bosh.

mavwar53
12-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Not close right now, he may have a chance but his best seasons being with a losing team doesn't help his case.

TheSource
12-18-2012, 05:08 PM
He became the Raptors franchise player in 7 seasons and is playing well in Miami, I don't see why not if he continues to get rings.

MackSnackWrap
12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
LOL Pau has accomplished a lot more than Bosh.

Bosh has one ring whereas Pau has 2 bosh was a crucial part of the ring last year, his numbers are just as good as Paus if not better, he took the team 2 playoffs twice when he was the man where as Pau couldnt get his team a .500 record. Bosh has yet to hit his prime and Pau is out of it so Bosh has his best years ahead. If Pau is better than Bosh which he isnt IMO its not by alot. Id like for you to prove me otherwise.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Lol of course he will make it.

dh144498
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Bosh has one ring whereas Pau has 2 bosh was a crucial part of the ring last year, his numbers are just as good as Paus if not better, he took the team 2 playoffs twice when he was the man where as Pau couldnt get his team a .500 record. Bosh has yet to hit his prime and Pau is out of it so Bosh has his best years ahead. If Pau is better than Bosh which he isnt IMO its not by alot. Id like for you to prove me otherwise.

Grizzlies
03-04 50-32

04-05 45-37

05-06 49-33

?

And Bosh is currently in his prime and he has been since like 06.

MackSnackWrap
12-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Grizzlies
03-04 50-32

04-05 45-37

05-06 49-33

?

Wow and know how i forgot about that, my fault but i still feel that Bosh is just as good Pau Gasol if not better, it cannot be overlooked that Bosh's supporting cast was very weak but he did still take them to the playoffs a couple times. And Bosh and Pau have very similar numbers and achievements so to say one person is in the HOF and the other is unfair.

MackSnackWrap
12-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Grizzlies
03-04 50-32

04-05 45-37

05-06 49-33

?

As for his prime Chris still has about 2-3 years of his best basketball IMo

dh144498
12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Wow and know how i forgot about that, my fault but i still feel that Bosh is just as good Pau Gasol if not better, it cannot be overlooked that Bosh's supporting cast was very weak but he did still take them to the playoffs a couple times. And Bosh and Pau have very similar numbers and achievements so to say one person is in the HOF and the other is unfair.

yes they both put up very similar numbers and percentages. But i think what gets Gasol over into the HOF right now (outside of his 2 championships) is that he is a breakout player from Europe.

I honestly just can't picture the same HOF chances for Bosh even if he gets his 2nd ring.

Avenged
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Bosh has one ring whereas Pau has 2 bosh was a crucial part of the ring last year

Yes, Bosh has 1 ring, Pau has 2... Who are you arguing for there?

he took the team 2 playoffs twice when he was the man where as Pau couldnt get his team a .500 record.

Pau took his team (Grizzlies) to the playoffs 3 times. First year making it they were 50-32 [Good enough for the 6th seed out West]. The next year they made the playoffs as an 8th seed. And the year after that as a 5th seed with a record of 49-33. Didn't reach 50, but why is that important when discussing HOF? He got them the 5th seed that year so..

Bosh has yet to hit his prime and Pau is out of it so Bosh has his best years ahead. If Pau is better than Bosh which he isnt IMO its not by alot. Id like for you to prove me otherwise.

This doesn't matter. Pau is 4 years older, and already has an impressive resume NBA and FIBA.

Pau Gasol

2× NBA champion (2009–2010)
4× NBA All-Star (2006, 2009–2011)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2002)
All-NBA Second Team (2011)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2009–2010)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2002)
FIBA World Championship MVP (2006)
EuroBasket MVP (2009)
Spanish King's Cup MVP (2001)
Spanish League Finals MVP (2001)
All-Euroleague Second Team (2001)
7× European Player of the Year
2× FIBA Europe Player of the Year (2008–2009)
2× Mister Europa Player of the Year (2004, 2009)
3× Euroscar Player of the Year (2008–2010)
3x Gold medal winner
1x Bronze winner
4x Silver winner

Chris Bosh

NBA champion (2012)
7× NBA All-Star (2006–2012)
All-NBA Second Team (2007)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
Toronto Raptors all-time leading scorer
1x Gold Medal winner
2x Bronze winner

You tell me what's more impressive. We're discussing HOF here not who's the better player right now.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 06:14 PM

you should really check your facts.

MackSnackWrap
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Yes, Bosh has 1 ring, Pau has 2... Who are you arguing for there?

Pau took his team (Grizzlies) to the playoffs 3 times. First year making it they were 50-32 [Good enough for the 6th seed out West]. The next year they made the playoffs as an 8th seed. And the year after that as a 5th seed with a record of 49-33. Didn't reach 50, but why is that important when discussing HOF? He got them the 5th seed that year so..

This doesn't matter. Pau is 4 years older, and already has an impressive resume NBA and FIBA.

Pau Gasol

2× NBA champion (2009–2010)
4× NBA All-Star (2006, 2009–2011)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2002)
All-NBA Second Team (2011)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2009–2010)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2002)
FIBA World Championship MVP (2006)
EuroBasket MVP (2009)
Spanish King's Cup MVP (2001)
Spanish League Finals MVP (2001)
All-Euroleague Second Team (2001)
7× European Player of the Year
2× FIBA Europe Player of the Year (2008–2009)
2× Mister Europa Player of the Year (2004, 2009)
3× Euroscar Player of the Year (2008–2010)
3x Gold medal winner
1x Bronze winner
4x Silver winner

Chris Bosh

NBA champion (2012)
7× NBA All-Star (2006–2012)
All-NBA Second Team (2007)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
Toronto Raptors all-time leading scorer
1x Gold Medal winner
2x Bronze winner

You tell me what's more impressive. We're discussing HOF here not who's the better player right now.

Its the NBA not the Euro League so all that should be invalid. Its all ball not where you played it. Bosh could still get more rings, heat are contenders, lakers arent right now. Bosh has more all star appearance with less years played other than Pau has the rookie of the year award and more all nba teams by a few, Bosh has more years of his best ball in him where as Pau is on the decline. All that aside stats are pretty similar Bosh isnt off by much and its very likely he could end up having more rings, getting more all star appearance and accolades.

MackSnackWrap
12-18-2012, 06:24 PM

you should really check your facts.

I realized and acknowledged my mistake already.

ManRam
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Pau is an infinitely more qualified candidate, there's no way around it. Not sure how that became a discussion. His accolades are just far more impressive.

But Bosh just needs to play at an AS level for a few more years, win another ring, and he's a lock. Pau is already a lock.

dh144498
12-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Its the NBA not the Euro League so all that should be invalid. Its all ball not where you played it. Bosh could still get more rings, heat are contenders, lakers arent right now. Bosh has more all star appearance with less years played other than Pau has the rookie of the year award and more all nba teams by a few, Bosh has more years of his best ball in him where as Pau is on the decline. All that aside stats are pretty similar Bosh isnt off by much and its very likely he could end up having more rings, getting more all star appearance and accolades.

I hope you realize that it's called "Basketball HOF" not "NBA HOF", so everything basketball related outside of the NBA counts.

ThuglifeJ
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM

Jordan really wasnt all that great on the Wizards an wasnt an outstanding rebounder by any means.

just saying I dont get why he was a lock

Bruno
12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
yes.

people tend to over-rate what it takes to get into the hall. he's a gold medalist, an nba champion, he'll retire with nice numbers and a lot of all-star appearances.

TylerSL
12-18-2012, 08:11 PM
As of now, no. However, if he keeps his production up and wins 2 more rings or so I would say absolutely. He is a career 20 pts, 9 rebs, on .493 FG%. Bosh is a 7 time All Star and will be in several more. By the time he is done playing he should have 20000+ points, and 10000+ rebounds. Add that with 3 or so rings and I would say yes he is.

Hawkeye15
12-18-2012, 08:13 PM
not yet, but he has a chance to get in if he enjoys individual and team success for the next few years.

Hawkeye15
12-18-2012, 08:14 PM
yes.

people tend to over-rate what it takes to get into the hall. he's a gold medalist, an nba champion, he'll retire with nice numbers and a lot of all-star appearances.

good point, which is why I was on the fence before I said no. The basketball HOF is so much easier to get into versus baseball or football.

Max.This
12-18-2012, 08:15 PM
He should be, but it wouldnt be by a landslide.

abe_froman
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
yeah def will be

abe_froman
12-18-2012, 08:22 PM
yes.

i know.i reall dont know why they do,maybe they are taking it as their own personal hof instead of saying if they actually think he'll make it in to the hof,or just are colored by emotions of players/teams "i love/hate him or team he's n so yes/no).it def is odd that people do that,think/say its harder to get in than it really is

Swashcuff
12-18-2012, 08:38 PM

Dude stop just stop you have been owned and its clear that your knowledge on Pau and the game needs some serious brushing up on. Pau has had a better career thus far in the NBA and out of it, as of right now he deserves a HOF nod over Bosh.

prodigy
12-20-2012, 11:55 PM
You didn't even know who was in the HOF so how on earth can you even know enough about the game to know the value of those players who are not seen on the level of Magic, Michael and Bird?

LMAO!! i know all the great players who deserve to be in there and are in there. I know darn well you don't know 3/4 of those people in the HOF. Like the all ginger team? wtf!

This is an opinion forum, no way in heck i put Bosh in the HOF.

kozelkid
12-20-2012, 11:56 PM
yes.

Exactly. Sad, but true. How many multiple all-star players do yall know that DON'T make the hall?

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Exactly. Sad, but true. How many multiple all-star players do yall know that DON'T make the hall?

Not only that but 8 allstar apperances including this year along with a ring.

dtmagnet
12-21-2012, 12:30 AM
The basketball hall of fame isn't really that exclusive of a club like the baseball hall of fame, I'm sure he'll make it.

C-Wick925
12-21-2012, 12:55 AM
/thread

amos1er
12-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Wow...I can't believe there are so many Bosh haters out there. I've seen a lot less worthy players make the HOF. He surely has enough All-Star appearances to warrant making the HOF. Plus he has a ring as a legit side kick.

Sadly, I suspect it's the Lebron nutthuggers who are not giving him his due so they can claim that Lebron did not have two HOFers along side him when he got his ring. He is a career 20 and 9 guy...sorry Lebron fans...he is going to get in the Hall of Fame. Sad that your all so quick to discredit this guy just because his own personal success takes way from the glory of your idol. Truly sad.

SportsFanatic10
12-21-2012, 12:57 AM
when his career is finished he'll have done enough to get in almost for sure imo.

amos1er
12-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Dude stop just stop you have been owned and its clear that your knowledge on Pau and the game needs some serious brushing up on. Pau has had a better career thus far in the NBA and out of it, as of right now he deserves a HOF nod over Bosh.

It's sad that Kobe and Lebron fans are discrediting players on their own teams with the sole motivation of saying that their favorite player didn't need as much help as the other guy. This is silly. Both Pau and Bosh are future Hall of Famers. Anyone who cannot admit this truly deserves a :facepalm:.

Oh and obviously as of right now Pau is more Hall of Fame worthy than Bosh.

benzni
12-21-2012, 10:34 AM
not at all

JordansBulls
12-21-2012, 12:08 PM
not at all

Explain then? Because Rodman got in with 2 allstar appearances. Mullin got in with 5 allstar appearances.

Wisdom Listens
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Bosh probably would have for sure been a HOFer if he stayed with the Raptors. He is overshadowed now by Wade and James, and his numbers have taken a hit as a result.

Daze9900
12-21-2012, 12:26 PM
If he does make it's not a first ballot

Steelers23_06
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
You guys are crazy on this sight. I feel if your a top ten player of your time at your position your a HOFer. And bosh is a top ten power foward since he was in tor arguably top 5 in certain seasons. He proved his value to this team when he went down in the playoffs. He's just hitting his prime and you guys are already writing him off. He's avg 18 as the 3rd option playing next to megastars wade and lebron. So points aren't easy to come by you have to be efficient. Also he's playing against centers because of miamis positionless playstyle and still being just as effective. He is averaging the same amount as the clippers leading scorer Blake griffin which alone tells how good he is doing. I'm not dying he's a first ballot but if they win 2 more its hard to say a 3 time champ that was a key piece to getting there doesn't make it. Hell even if they only win one more I out him in. Like pau IMO is a future HOFer already. He did his thing while in Memphis then helped Kobe get two rings. Was he amazing know but he was a quality consistent player and played a major role in hoisting the 2 trophies.

KnickaBocka.44
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Explain then? Because Rodman got in with 2 allstar appearances. Mullin got in with 5 allstar appearances.

Mullin also made an All-NBA team 4 times, Rodman twice. Rodman made 7 All-Defense 1st teams and was one of the best rebounders the modern game has ever seen, if not the best. Bosh has made 1 All-NBA team and it's not clear that he will make another one.

Steelers23_06
12-21-2012, 12:35 PM

That's a horrible argument all star games don't mean jack when it comes to HOF

naps
12-21-2012, 12:40 PM
yes.

This.

This is a no brainer at this point assuming no drastic injury shortens his career in near future. I don't understand how so many kids voted no on this poll.

Lakerfan In NY
12-21-2012, 03:04 PM

You have to remember something: It's not called the NBA hall of fame but the basketball hall of fame. Mullins college career way out shadows Bosh's. Body of work gentlemen gets you in... What else have you done for the game of basketball. Not to mention, it depends on who else was on the ballot. But Chris Bosh isn't a HOFer. That doesn't take away from his game but there is such a rush to put every good players into a HOF discussion. There are great players & there are HOF players. Chris Bosh....RIGHT NOW...Is a great player.

PS: Gasol is a HOF. Not bc of his NBA career but bc of his internmational dominates & NBA career.

There are in the NBA right now maybe 10-12 HOFers & a sh-t load of maybe all depending on how the rest of their career goes.

nickdymez
12-21-2012, 04:03 PM
If he keeps this level of play up for a few more seasons then absolutely. Dude is what like 27 or 28? I see no reason why he won't make it specially if he adds another ring to his resume.

Oh ok, rings matter now. :rolleyes:

nickdymez
12-21-2012, 04:06 PM
This is a joke. A guy who couldnt lead his team to the playoffs should be in the hof?? :facepalm:

kozelkid
12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
This is a joke. A guy who couldnt lead his team to the playoffs should be in the hof?? :facepalm:

Except he has... Twice.

nickdymez
12-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Except he has... Twice.

kozelkid
12-21-2012, 04:25 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boshch01.html

Look at his playoffs stats, WITH Toronto. Unless you're suggesting it was the leadership of TJ Ford, which I wouldn't put past you.

ThuglifeJ
12-21-2012, 04:28 PM
You have to remember something: It's not called the NBA hall of fame but the basketball hall of fame. Mullins college career way out shadows Bosh's. Body of work gentlemen gets you in... What else have you done for the game of basketball. Not to mention, it depends on who else was on the ballot. But Chris Bosh isn't a HOFer. That doesn't take away from his game but there is such a rush to put every good players into a HOF discussion. There are great players & there are HOF players. Chris Bosh....RIGHT NOW...Is a great player.

PS: Gasol is a HOF. Not bc of his NBA career but bc of his internmational dominates & NBA career.

There are in the NBA right now maybe 10-12 HOFers & a sh-t load of maybe all depending on how the rest of their career goes.

Thank you!

They let Bosh in and standards are lowered once again. Stop saying he's just hitting his prime? Even if he is "now" he's still 3rd option on his team so it wont matter a ton. If you're on a HOF player on your own team you sould be able to win at least a playoff series especially in the East.

People use that argument all the time for Tmac, when has Bosh ever brought the Raptors outa first round? Okay..so that's not an easy task but for a HOF consideration it needs to be done..

Ty Fast
12-21-2012, 04:53 PM
not yet but maybe but i dont think he will be

ThuglifeJ
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Poll dont lie