PDA

View Full Version : HAWKS find a Smith for Gasol trade "LAUGHABLE"

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 12:40 AM
"Multiple reports over the last month or so have indicated that the Hawks aren't interested in trading for Pau Gasol, and HoopsWorld's Steve Kyler notes that it continues to be the case, as Hawks officials find the idea they would think about such a trade "laughable." Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times wrote this weekend that the Hawks had asked the Lakers over the summer about their interest in trading Gasol for Josh Smith, adding that the Lakers rejected the idea. Bolch speculated that the Lakers might be warming to the idea of acquiring Smith, but Kyler says the Hawks have never wanted to trade for Gasol."

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/12/hawks-remain-uninterested-in-pau-gasol.html

Mitch Kupchak you've been advised. :D

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Pau > Smoove

ugafan
12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
No reason to trade for Pau. Lakers fans who wants Smoove can go **** themselves.

*Silver&Black*
12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Pau > Smoove

Then keep him. We are fine with Smith, our cap situation, and record so far this year. Are the Lakers fine with Gasol and record so far?

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 12:43 AM
We don't even want smoove, that's what makes this funny.

It would just be better anyways if we let Pau's contract expire so we can sign a big name Free Agent in 2014. If Dwight stays we can team him up with another star.

Vinny642
12-18-2012, 12:45 AM
We don't even want smoove, that's what makes this funny.

Or Gasol either

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Then keep him. We are fine with Smith, our cap situation, and record so far this year. Are the Lakers fine with Gasol and record so far?

Not fine with the record, but fine with Gasol. THings will get better when the Canadian Boy Toy comes back.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 12:47 AM
No reason to trade for Pau. Lakers fans who wants Smoove can go **** themselves.

Nobody wants smith bro. You can keep him.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Or Gasol either

Good for us. Like I said, Lakers should keep him and let his contract expire.

shep33
12-18-2012, 12:49 AM
This trade doesn't really make sense for either side. I'd keep Pau over Smith though just for financial reasons (and I think Pau is better). I've said it like 100X but once again...whoever trades for Smith and wants to keep him is going to have to pay the dude big money. He's going to get an 80 mill deal from somebody.

Is he worth it? I dunno, that's up to you.

Teeboy1487
12-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Smith sucks. We have enough volume shooters on the team. I don't know why anyone would entertain this idea.

Andrew32
12-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Funny since Gasol wrecked Smith last time they went h2h.

:)

Healthy Pau is still better.

Pakman
12-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Pau > Smoove

Then keep him. We are fine with Smith, our cap situation, and record so far this year. Are the Lakers fine with Gasol and record so far?your fine with mediocrity every year too I assume. Lulz

bucketss
Not fine with the record, but fine with Gasol. THings will get better when the Canadian Boy Toy comes back.

yeah he definitely should shore up that defense!!

ACanadian
Hey guys!

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/d53/sports/basketball/article4785833.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Bargnani31.jpg

waveycrockett

Pau is a 7 foot center masquerading at PF. Smith a is an athletic SF masquerading as a PF. 1 on 1 he should wreck him

chinakobefan
12-18-2012, 12:56 AM
The Hawks won't win a championship this year, this decade or this century either way, so what difference would it make?

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 12:57 AM
yeah he definitely should shore up that defense!!

Funny thing is, he actually would. Less turnovers, less fast break points. That's where we get beat. Nice try though, you were actually right, despite your failed attempt at being sarcastic.

Vinny642
12-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Good for us. Like I said, Lakers should keep him and let his contract expire.

The Lakers don't want him lol, they should just let his contract expire though

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 12:58 AM
The Hawks won't win a championship this year, this decade or this century either way, so what difference would it make?

:clap:

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 01:00 AM

Of course we don't want him. Otherwise we wouldn't let his contract expire. . . .

We'd be better off keeping pau than trading for smith tho.

Vinny642
12-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Of course we don't want him. Otherwise we wouldn't let his contract expire. . . .

We'd be better off keeping pau than trading for smith tho.

Meh, that remains to be seen...

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Meh, that remains to be seen...

I'm not talking about this year. I'm talking about being players in 2014 free agency.

shep33
12-18-2012, 01:04 AM

Honestly, it's better if we just keep Pau and let him expire than sign Smith to a huge deal. Don't get me wrong I don't think the Hawks would ever do this, and I hope we don't ever do this deal if it somehow comes to fruition.

Check this out http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

After next season we have Nash under contract only. We still haven't even used our amnesty either. So if Nash sucks by then we can deal him in the summer (expiring contract) or amnesty him, and we have nobody left under contract lol. Huge summer of free agents that year, and if Dwight stays we can build a pretty crazy team around him with young talent. Who know maybe the old buggers like Kobe and Pau stick around for cheap contracts (Kobe will probably retire I'm guessing).

The problem with getting a player like Smith is that he ruins a lot of flexibility if that happens.

Avenged
12-18-2012, 01:04 AM
It is laughable. Thank God this won't happen. :phew:

bucketss
12-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Funny thing is, he actually would. Less turnovers, less fast break points. That's where we get beat. Nice try though, you were actually right, despite your failed attempt at being sarcastic.

i was being serious:confused:

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Honestly, it's better if we just keep Pau and let him expire than sign Smith to a huge deal. Don't get me wrong I don't think the Hawks would ever do this, and I hope we don't ever do this deal if it somehow comes to fruition.

After next season we have Nash under contract only. We still haven't even used our amnesty either. So if Nash sucks by then we can deal him in the summer (expiring contract) or amnesty him, and we have nobody left under contract lol. Huge summer of free agents that year, and if Dwight stays we can build a pretty crazy team around him with young talent. Who know maybe the old buggers like Kobe and Pau stick around for cheap contracts (Kobe will probably retire I'm guessing).

The problem with getting a player like Smith is that he ruins a lot of flexibility if that happens.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Smith would limit us big time. Don't need smith. Let Pau's contract expire.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 01:07 AM
i was being serious:confused:

http://u1.ipernity.com/15/57/65/8095765.121d6f53.jpg

shep33
12-18-2012, 01:10 AM
I think there are like 3 Laker fans on PSD that are actually for this deal. Don't think there are any Hawks fans that want this deal either.

I mean nobody wants this to happen lol, so why are we arguing about it?

Vinny642
12-18-2012, 01:10 AM

I don't think you can amnesty Nash, because the amnesty was for the deals already in place, We couldn't even amnesty Gordon right now.

I agree that it is smarter to keep Gasol. But on the other hand, it wouldn't make sense for the Hawks to do it either.

LakersMaster24
12-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Never been a big fan of Smith.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Only players that can be amnestied are those that are under contract before the new CBA and are still with the team that they signed that contract with.

Lakers + Giants
Hawks don't want Pau, Lakers don't want Smith. Simple as that.

shep33
I don't think you can amnesty Nash, because the amnesty was for the deals already in place, We couldn't even amnesty Gordon right now.

I agree that it is smarter to keep Gasol. But on the other hand, it wouldn't make sense for the Hawks to do it either.

True True True, Nash had to have been on the roster when the amnesty was integrated in the new CBA. My bad, thanks for this fix.

I agree with you 100%. Hawks shouldn't do it, Lakers probably shouldn't do it. Doesn't really make sense for either side.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Trading Pau for a $19.0M Trade Exception is probably better than trading for Josh Smith.

DeyAce
12-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Both are mediocre

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 01:23 AM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/12/hawks-remain-uninterested-in-pau-gasol.html

Mitch Kupchak you've been advised. :D

You better start assuming this fact.

What Lakers Want lakers get.

Is in Hawks roof if they want directly Gasol or a three way deal.

If Lakers really want J smith ( wich would be a mistake) they will get him.

Whats Dwights adress in Brooklyng?
O ....dammm.:D

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Both are mediocre

BUt only 1 can be called....CHAMPION!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-18-2012, 01:24 AM

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh and of course there is always the chance that if they **** around too much Mitch uses his Jedi tricks and lakers end up getting Smith and keeping gasol.

Something like Artest, and ****. :D

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Oh and of course there is always the chance that if they **** around too much Mitch uses his Jedi tricks and lakers end up getting Smith and keeping gasol.

Something like Artest, and ****. :D

haha. This.

BULLSFAN0810
12-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Smith isnt worth it. Pau was staple of Lakers low post scoring.. a champion. Atl holding on to a loser who hasnt raised his level or the franchise....and he shoots worse than Artest. Only good thing is to pair him with Howard and be smaller but more defensively quicker

lakers4sho
12-18-2012, 01:31 AM
I think there are like 3 Laker fans on PSD that are actually for this deal. Don't think there are any Hawks fans that want this deal either.

I mean nobody wants this to happen lol, so why are we arguing about it?

handle

sp1derm00
12-18-2012, 01:44 AM
It's funny because Laker fans don't want Smith and Hawk fans don't want Pau.

But if you look at the needs of the fans respective teams, the Hawks would benefit a LOT from a reliable post player like Pau, who happens to be one of the best, if not the best passing big in the league.

Meanwhile, the Lakers' transition defense would be a lot better with Smith and once Nash is back, Smith is fully capable of taking on the Amare roll in the pick and roll.

Funny.

MrfadeawayJB
12-18-2012, 01:52 AM
laughable :laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 02:09 AM

Are you also satisfied with the amount of rings you guys have ? Or how about the first round exit you'll be receiving this year?

raiderposting
12-18-2012, 02:09 AM
2013-sign dwight
2014, get rid of nash.
Sign Monta Ellis and Rudy gay
Chalmers MLE

Chalmers
Ellis
Gay
-
Howard

shep33
12-18-2012, 02:12 AM
handle

Yeah, he might be the only one actually lol. Handle has some awesome posts, he hasn't been around too much lately though :(

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 02:13 AM

Finally something I can agree with you on.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 02:16 AM

Lol this

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-18-2012, 02:38 AM
LOL! @ all the lakers fans that are butthurt and dont want smith all of the sudden...smith is clearly the better player at this point in their career, and im not even a Josh Smith fan...i honestly wouldnt want either of them...Gasol is a girly man and Josh Smith is a knucklehead that thinks hes a 3 point shooter

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-18-2012, 02:39 AM
LOL! @ all the lakers fans that are butthurt and dont want smith all of the sudden...smith is clearly the better player at this point in their career, and im not even a Josh Smith fan...i honestly wouldnt want either of them...Gasol is a girly man and Josh Smith is a knucklehead that thinks hes a 3 point shooter

Josh Smith is a low IQ player. Pau is a High IQ player.

I'll take High IQ girly 2 championship ring winner over JSmoove or even Amare any day of the week.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 02:43 AM

you find it laughable that laker fans don't want smith all of a sudden but quickly point out that smith is a horrible shooter and has a low IQ. Yea, now you see why we don't want him? Nice try though.

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Lakers fans have come out from under the rock they've been hiding under this season. I lost track of how many Lakers fans wanted Smoove for Gasol. Now it gets shut down by the HAWKS and Lakers fans acting like that never happened lol.

Andrew32
12-18-2012, 02:55 AM
I'll take High IQ girly 2 championship ring winner over JSmoove or even Amare any day of the week.
There was nothing "girly" about Championship Gasol.

He was tough as nails in the paint and was destroying everybody.

He made life hell on some opposing defenses and came through big when the Lakers needed him the most.

I still don't view him as soft.
He just isn't the same physically which allows others to abuse him at times.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Lakers fans have come out from under the rock they've been hiding under this season. I lost track of how many Lakers fans wanted Smoove for Gasol. Now it gets shut down by the HAWKS and Lakers fans acting like that never happened lol.

you lost track huh? Haha, it wasn't even that many fans that wanted him. Just the ones desperate for a move.

Hiding under a rock? We've been here despite all the laker bashing threads. You still seem a little upset that you didn't get dwight. you poor thing.

shep33
12-18-2012, 03:05 AM
you lost track huh? Haha, it wasn't even that many fans that wanted him. Just the ones desperate for a move.

Hiding under a rock? We've been here despite all the laker bashing threads. You still seem a little upset that you didn't get dwight. you poor thing.

This. Once we got Dwight and Nash, nobody really cared for Smith in the Laker forums, so i don't know what Wavey is talking about.

shep33
12-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Don't take the bait Laker fans.

sharqstealth
12-18-2012, 03:06 AM

You nailed it on the head!:bang:

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 03:07 AM
This. Once we got Dwight and Nash, nobody really cared for Smith in the Laker forums, so i don't know what Jmoney is talking about.

LMAO. You mean DMF? haha

Seriously, maybe this was true before the dwight trade but not after we acquired both nash and dwight. Pure BS and failed trolling.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 03:10 AM
Don't take the bait Laker fans.

we all know it's bait. That's all wavey does. "Wow".

She's just mad she's not as good as DMF used to be. Poor thing.

lakersfan01
12-18-2012, 03:23 AM
One overrated bum for another, stop being a tire kicker lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 04:08 AM
There was nothing "girly" about Championship Gasol.

He was tough as nails in the paint and was destroying everybody.

He made life hell on some opposing defenses and came through big when the Lakers needed him the most.

I still don't view him as soft.
He just isn't the same physically which allows others to abuse him at times.

I love Pau but after Shannon brown raw dogged his girl he turned into a full blown female.

Iron24th
12-18-2012, 04:15 AM

Like you never said "dwight will never be a Laker" all summer long huh?

Funny...

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 04:29 AM
we all know it's bait. That's all wavey does. "Wow".

She's just mad she's not as good as DMF used to be. Poor thing.

Wait wavey and Dmf are women ?

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 05:00 AM

Wtf?

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 05:01 AM

pretty obvious.

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 05:07 AM
pretty obvious.

lmao pathetic

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 05:11 AM
lmao pathetic

Wait. So are you ? I don't get it.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-18-2012, 05:13 AM
lmao pathetic

Only thing pathetic is you always trying to bait laker fans... Loser

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Only thing pathetic is you always trying to bait laker fans... Loser
Baiting is telling Lakers fans they can't have what they want? Ok. Your team is garbage this year bro deal with it

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Wait. So are you ? I don't get it.
No

Losoway
12-18-2012, 05:29 AM
LMAO @ WE DONT WANT SMITH.

lakers fans crack me up

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Baiting is telling Lakers fans they can't have what they want? Ok. Your team is garbage this year bro deal with it

New coach and broken line up will do that to you . Watch what kind of fire the lakers catch to end the season. We're so underrated I love it.

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 05:36 AM

lakers fans crack me up

They must think the Lakers forum is a private country club and nobody else can read whats posted there LOL

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 05:39 AM

lakers fans crack me up

Smith is a ****. We need a smart gasol. Once he finds his balls again he'll be ok.

Losoway
12-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Like i said before. NOBODY WANTS GASOL. you will be lucky if u get some solid role players for him. The lakers been shopping him since last year.

Losoway
12-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Smith wil bring toughness to the lakers. Along with INCREDIBLE DEFENSE.

METTA-SMITH-HOWARD . scary

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 05:43 AM
I'd bet you would take him for miss kardashin wouldn't you.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Smith wil bring toughness to the lakers. Along with INCREDIBLE DEFENSE.

METTA-SMITH-HOWARD . scary

Sounds like a turnover machine.

ldawg
12-18-2012, 05:52 AM
Smith is a decent player sorry shooter but athletic. Smith will be over paid in a few months so Hawks can keep him. The only way i would want smith if he is not sign to a max deal. Hawks will give him a jj deal they can have that.

NYtilIdie
12-18-2012, 05:55 AM
your fine with mediocrity every year too I assume. Lulz

You're in no position to laugh at another team's mediocrity.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-18-2012, 06:20 AM

Come talk to me in june

Losoway
12-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Come talk to me in june

you will be the first person i write when the lakers fail

Avenged
12-18-2012, 05:34 PM

You make no sense. Laker fans are butt hurt because of this but then you go on to say he's a knuckehead and a poor shooter.

Keep trying. You're almost there.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
you will be the first person i write when the lakers fail

Do you think miami takes out the nets in 4 or 5 games in the playoffs this year?

beasted86
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Pau sucks this season, is on the decline physically, and is 32 with another year at $19.2M.

Why on earth would the Hawks trade a 27 yr old Josh Smith on an expiring contract for that bum?

They just traded away all their bad contracts and are on the path to rebuilding, and they'd add a 32 yr old on a bad contract why again???

ldawg
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Pau sucks this season, is on the decline physically, and is 32 with another year at $19.2M.

Why on earth would the Hawks trade a 27 yr old Josh Smith on an expiring contract for that bum?

They just traded away all their bad contracts and are on the path to rebuilding, and they'd add a 32 yr old on a bad contract why again???Simple, so they can win a title.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2012, 10:20 PM

They just traded away all their bad contracts and are on the path to rebuilding, and they'd add a 32 yr old on a bad contract why again???

Why would the lakers want smith though? Neither team wants the other teams PF. . .

waveycrockett
12-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Why would the lakers want smith though? Neither team wants the other teams PF. . .

Clearly as the article states the Lakers want Smith and the Hawks dont want LA's washed up PF

Hellcrooner
12-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Clearly as the article states the Lakers want Smith and the Hawks dont want LA's washed up PF

If the Rusky managed to threat Mitch K to death to trade him "lakers trash" for Hump and fillers you would overnight become "trash" number 1 fan :D

Raidaz4Life
12-19-2012, 12:49 AM
I'd rather trade with the wolves or raptors than any deal revolving around Smith.... eh just getting sick to my stomach thinking of it.

noodle
12-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Pau > Smoove

Not in D'antoni's system.

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2012, 04:22 AM

You believe everything you read. That's why you were so sure Dwight would end up in Brooklyn. Haha. You still mad.

STL Don
12-19-2012, 05:23 AM
I wouldn't go that far there, ATL. I'd say that statement is pretty laughable, not comparing a man who's been the 2nd best player ON A CHAMPIONSHIP team....twice. Almost 3 times :D to a man...well...who's been nothing more than an all-star snub.

HowFit
12-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Laughable is an understatement...

c.c.
12-19-2012, 08:20 AM
I found it laughable since it was first rumored

c.c.
12-19-2012, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't go that far there, ATL. I'd say that statement is pretty laughable, not comparing a man who's been the 2nd best player ON A CHAMPIONSHIP team....twice. Almost 3 times :D to a man...well...who's been nothing more than an all-star snub.

But no Kobe, no Championship

The Bard
12-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Smith would not have the wits to be in a playoff team.

thenaj17
12-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Pau is a 7 foot center masquerading at PF. Smith a is an athletic SF masquerading as a PF. 1 on 1 he should wreck him

So you're saying Dwight Howard should wreck LeBron James 1 on 1? Not a chance.

If anything, Smith should be too quick for Gasol. Flawed logic there...

Rockice_8
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Everyone finds it laughable except the LA homers.

Max.This
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
it was a joke when lakers fans started mentioning it in the first place. Smith is better than Gasol in this stage of their careers. Smith is in his prime and Gasol looks frail and "amare" prone.

Hellcrooner
12-19-2012, 12:56 PM
But no Kobe, no Championship

and no pau no championship.
So what?

BigEric
12-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Jingle Pringles

Vinny642
12-19-2012, 03:10 PM
True True True, Nash had to have been on the roster when the amnesty was integrated in the new CBA. My bad, thanks for this fix.

I agree with you 100%. Hawks shouldn't do it, Lakers probably shouldn't do it. Doesn't really make sense for either side.

Its not even that he had to be on the roster, he'd have to have the same deal as he did when it was integrated just like Eric Gordon, we had him before the deal, but since he has a new deal we cannot use it on him. SADLY

The goods
12-19-2012, 03:33 PM
I hate to say this because I love Atlanta and its my hometown, but they have nothing to laugh at in fact they have nothing to be proud of their laughing at our trade while we're laughing at their franchises history.