PDA

View Full Version : Demar Derozan

Raps Insider 12
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I wanted to ask people outside of the Raptors Fanbase of what they think of Derozan.

bucketss
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
:laugh:

sep11ie
12-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Sepmar Seperozan.

BALLER R
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
People outside of raptor land will tell you he's overpaid. People that don't even watch raptor games will say Derozan is a scrub.

Kenny
12-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Best way to judge players is when they are facing your team and what your feeling as your watching them. Derozan isn't a guy that I worry about.

smith&wesson
12-17-2012, 04:46 PM
i dont like being excluded lol

Ill21
12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Starter on a team like Toronto, good bench player on contenders.

LAKobeBryant
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Horrible cant shoot the 3 consistently

Gritz
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
An ugly dude desparately in need of proactiv

heyman321
12-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Bench player, he'd be good for a 6th man.

bucketss
12-17-2012, 04:58 PM

he got braces slightly less ugly now bahaha

bucketss
12-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Starter on a team like Toronto, good bench player on contenders.

would he start on the knicks?

HowBoutDemBulls
12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Puts up pretty good scoring, steals, and rebound numbers, but he can also shoot a bad percentage and only give you 12 points on some nights. He also cannot shoot the three and sucks as far as assists go. He still needs to improve but he is a good player, maybe even a top 10 SG

greg_ory_2005
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM

:laugh2:

He's getting a bit more handsome these days though

AddiX
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Best way to judge players is when they are facing your team and what your feeling as your watching them. Derozan isn't a guy that I worry about.

Great way to put it.

Yeah hed talented but he when is he going to get a jumper and when is he going to be consistent.

I thought he would of developed much more by now from his rookie season.

bucketss
12-17-2012, 05:12 PM

He's getting a bit more handsome these days though

http://media.philly.com/images/600*450/20110223_dn_g1high23s.JPG

he improved on this gotta give him some credit

AddiX
12-17-2012, 05:48 PM
http://media.philly.com/images/600*450/20110223_dn_g1high23s.JPG

he improved on this gotta give him some credit

Cot damn! I never realized how ugly he was..

Dude has the same amount of space between each tooth! Tell tht boy to shut his mouth he's scaring the kids...

heyman321
12-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah he's a multimillionaire now, I doubt he will have problems with his teeth.

Celtics33
12-17-2012, 09:59 PM
I think he's got the potential to be a starter on a good team, but right now he would be best utilized off the bench on a playoff team.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-17-2012, 10:04 PM
On a playoff team, he can be a very effective in a 6th man role. He can probably be a start on playoff teams as well but he won't be posting up the type of numbers he'd post if he were on the Raptors.

mjt20mik
12-17-2012, 10:08 PM

lol. :clap:

kenzo400
12-17-2012, 10:16 PM
I would love to see pictures of the people here calling him ugly lol

jon32
12-17-2012, 10:16 PM
right now hes a good 6th man off the bench to give ya some scoring , but I like how hes developed this year on both ends.......in a year I think he could be a starter on most teams if he keeps developing.

Il Mago50
12-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Well that's a buzzkill to any Raptors fans that were also hoping to hear:

"He just feels to me like he's the second coming of Jordan"

"His stats might not jump out at you but I think he's a star already"

"He isn't overpaid"

"He's got the makings of a superstar if his acne clears up"

We need to deal him.

nirvana235
12-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Where's the "bench player on Italian league" option?

JasonJohnHorn
12-17-2012, 11:21 PM
I honestly don't think he would even make it into the rotation on a championship team. I mean, look at OKC and MIA, there is no way he's getting into the rotation in either of those teams.

His FG% is up a little from last season, but it's still not where it should be. I mean, he had a great FG% in his rookie season... what happened?

I'm a Raptors fan, so I would like to see him do well and become a legit All-Star, but I just don't see it happening. He has increased his rebounding and decreased his turnovers, which is nice to see, but I can still think of at least 20 SGs I'd rather have than him at this point.

Gibby
12-17-2012, 11:45 PM
On most contenders he is a bench player. I am a raptor fan, i think he is overpayed (not surprising since our gm is BC) and overhyped. He scores because he plays on a bad team. He is not a good three pointer shooter, not a good playmaker and his defence at best is average. He can get to the rim when defences aren't focused on him.

RealLiveBear
12-17-2012, 11:58 PM
He's really starting to come into his own this season. This would be a better question next year.

dalton749
12-18-2012, 12:03 AM
hes good enought to start on:
new york, chicago, atlanta, boston, philli, charlotte, detroit, clevland, washington, toronto
clippers, grizzlies, warriors, twolves, utah, pheonix,
some teams give or take what theyre looking for but he is a starter and solid 3rd option on a few playoff teams

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 05:56 AM
I honestly don't think he would even make it into the rotation on a championship team. I mean, look at OKC and MIA, there is no way he's getting into the rotation in either of those teams.

What? Are you saying that using the scenario where you just plug him in the team without taking someone out? Doesn't make sense to do that considering that doesn't happen in real life.

Obviously he won't play as much on the Heat considering they have the best SG combination in the league and Lebron holding down the SF position. But even then, you can replace someone like Battier on the Heat with Derozan and he'll still get mins. His game is made for the fast break offense the Heat have.

The Thunder also have Durant, and Martin playing a lot of mins to score, so Derozan is not really needed compared to someone like Thabo because Thabo is there for defense.

But let's go through the list of all the playoff teams so far in the league and look at their wing players.

NYK - They have Ronnie Brewer and Jason Kidd starting. Derozan can have a role if those 2 are seeing minutes. Derozan can be just as effective as Battier can on the Heat, especially if he sees the open floor fast break alongside Wade/Lebron.
Heat - Battier is playing like 25 mins.
ATL - Has Korver starting. If Korver has a role, Derozan can have one too.
Chicago - Belinelli is their starter. Derozan is better.
Brooklyn - Jerry Stackhouse is their main wing backup. Derozan would definitely be a better option and would have a role on that team.
Milwaukee - They have guys like Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and Marquis Daniels playing 24 mins a game. Derozan is better than both, though he might not fit the team since they have enough guys shooting the ball as it is.
Indiana - Lance Stephenson plays 26 mins on that team. Derozan could probably find the same amount of mins if you replaced Stephenson with Derozan.
Boston - They are stacked at the SG with Terry, and Lee. He wouldn't have a role on that team because that's their deepest position.
OKC - Already addressed
Clippers - They have Butler and Green playing 40 mins combined. Derozan could probably have a role if those 2 can.
Spurs - Stephen Jackson plays 24 mins to chuck the ball
Grizzlies - Pndexter and Ellington combine for 40 mins. See Clippers
GSW - They are heavy at SF, SG and PG. Richard Jefferson got to average 14 mins so far this season. So Derozan will get some mins and could probably steal some from Jack, and Rush.
Wolves - Malcom Lee averages 18 mins to chuck. He could probably find minds on the Wolves.
Nuggets -Denver is deep, but players like Chandler and Brewer, who he's arguably both better than, get 20 mins a game. So replace 1 with Derozan and he has a role.
Jazz- Randy Foye and Jamal Tinsley average 40 mins comined. See Clippers.

So it turns out for most playoff teams, there are players he's better than that are getting considerable amount of mins. So why wouldn't he have a role of some of those teams?

His FG% is up a little from last season, but it's still not where it should be. I mean, he had a great FG% in his rookie season... what happened?

His FG% is 10th best for SG's (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/fieldGoalPct/position/shooting-guards) in the league, and 6th best for SG's taking more than 10 FGA/game. He has a higher FG% than a lot of other star SG's like Harden, Iggy, Crawford, etc, despite taking almost the same amount of FGA. If you compare him to SF's instead of SG's, only 10 players (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/fieldGoalPct/position/small-forwards) would have a better FG%. Even then, half of the players on that list (Lebron, Carmelo, Thad Young, Carmelo, Faried, Kirilenko and even Durant) have played considerable amount of their mins at the PF position. Shooting 45% from the field is by no means bad for a wing player.

His FG% was high as a rookie obviously because he was the 5th option on the offense. He is now getting the ball more, so that means more shot attempts and the defense is focusing on him more. Now, he's being guarded the best wing defender on opposing teams (he's been guarded by A.Iguodala, P.George, G.Wallace, T.Sefolosha, C.Parsons, etc) a very noteworthy amount of time on the floor, the same guys who would typically guard the Lebrons, Durants, Wades, Kobes, etc of the league.

I'm a Raptors fan, so I would like to see him do well and become a legit All-Star, but I just don't see it happening. He has increased his rebounding and decreased his turnovers, which is nice to see, but I can still think of at least 20 SGs I'd rather have than him at this point.

I'm not saying I disagree with this and I can probably name 15 off the top of my head myself, but just because there are at least 20 SG's better than him, doesn't mean he can't have a role on a good team.

Derozan isn't a superstar by any means and he never will be. He will probably never even make the all-star game, but he's a very serviceable player on the court and could help contending teams depending on what that team's make up is.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-18-2012, 06:35 AM
On most contenders he is a bench player. I am a raptor fan, i think he is overpayed (not surprising since our gm is BC) and overhyped. He scores because he plays on a bad team. He is not a good three pointer shooter, not a good playmaker and his defence at best is average. He can get to the rim when defences aren't focused on him.

He's getting to the rim while seeing the same defenders that the best wings in the league face.