PDA

View Full Version : Pau, Jefferson & Milsap, Jennings, Verajo, Calderon all apparently on the Block!

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-targets

Here is another link as well.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...rade-deadline/

I really think the best trade possible for the Lakers is Pau Milsap and Mo Williams for Pau. This would shore up the backup PG position and gives you a borderline all star in Milsap. Keep this thread in place as this is not speculative and some of these guys on the list will be traded.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4sn6qa

If not you can also call Cleveland and Minnesota for a three way trade with Verajo, D. Williams and Barea come back our way..

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cheyfv9

What ever the case may be you can also inquire about Jennings and pieces as well.

I personally would like the Utah deal to happen as I think that puts the Lakers in contention again until 2014 when they can look at Lebron and Maybe K. irving.

We cannot sit and wait around for Nash to get healthy and experiment with Pau unless you want to continue what has happened to the Lakers in the past 2 weeks. No way can you risk missing the playoffs imo. It finals or bust and you cannot get there without making the playoffs. I think this team can get it together if they get there. Make the move if its there because no matter what happens Pau will only have the expiring contract as a bargaining chip which is sad. Get what you can now as his value is diminishing.

Utah will have a solid 4-5 that will help develop their younger bigs.

Cleveland...I am not quite sure why they want to trade Verajo?

I can see why Milwaukee would want to trade Jennings or Ellis.

Lakers4life08
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
lakers won't trade anything or will trade only for players with contracts until 2014....becouse they wanna rebuild in 2014 and will have only howard and nash with contracts

IndyRealist
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't trade Milsap and Mo for Gasol. That's a really uneven deal. Milsap's playing some the best ball of his career while Pau has been sucking. AND that does nothing to alleviate their crowded frontcourt, while also gutting their backcourt. Why would that deal even occur to anyone?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Calderon and Bargnani for Al Jefferson.

netsgiantsyanks
12-16-2012, 08:48 PM
i wouldn't mind the nets going for millsap, though it probably wouldn't fall through. nets don't have enough pieces.

CB29
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM

i posted that in the raps trade thread... That would be incredible for us.

koreancabbage
12-16-2012, 09:02 PM

i rather do something for Milsap but Jefferson is a beast offensively still

Stunner
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
How about

Bulls : Milsap

Nets : Boozer and 2013 1st

Jazz : Hump and Brooks

farren.louis
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
The player that should be looked at the most, I Josh smith for alanta.. Boston, Lakers, OKC, Houston. Each team needs him.

Stunner
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I always felt Josh Smith should either be in L.A. or NY

5ass
12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4glutj

Lakers get: Milsap, Howard, JJ Barea, Raja Bell.
Twolves get: Pau.
Jazz get: Derrick Williams, Memphis' 1st round pick from the wolves, and their own 1st round pick from the wolves.

Lakers get Milsap who might be a better fit next to Howard. Barea would be their best back up PG.

Roster:
Nash/Barea/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Bell
Artest/Kobe/Howard
Milsap/Artest/Hill
Howard/Hill

T-wolves get Pau at C, probably a great fit next to Love. The wolves can then use pekovic as trade bait. (send him to the magic for instance to get Redick)

Roster:
Rubio/Ridnour
Redick/Shved/Roy
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Kirilenko/Steimsma
Pau/Love/Steimsma

Utah get a young PF/SF combo in Derick Williams to help replace Milsaps minutes. They get 2 1st round picks, including their own which is the most important piece for them as they can afford to have a bad season and get a high pick. They can still use Al Jefferson as trade bait. (maybe to the sixers for Moultrie, Brown, and a 1st)

Roster:
Williams/Watson
Hayward/Foye
Evans/Williams
Favors/Williams
Kanter/Favors

get rid of a lot of salary, and get 3 1st round picks in next years draft.

Stunner
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I dont think anyone wants to trade for Roy and his knees especially after the latest surgery. Wolves are stuck with him unless they are sending Love along in a deal.

Deezy3
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
I think the Grizzlies should trade for Calderon, as it makes sense because we have Marc Gasol who knows Calderon personally, but i dont know if Calderon would accept being backup PG. I do not like Bayless that much, so i wouldn't mind giving him back to Toronto.

FriedTofuz
12-16-2012, 09:28 PM
i rather do something for Milsap but Jefferson is a beast offensively still

milsap please!

shep33
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I dont think anyone wants to trade for Roy and his knees especially after the latest surgery. Wolves are stuck with him unless they are sending Love along in a deal.

Yeah we don't need Roy anyways really. Meeks has played extremely well for us since D'antoni's arrived

5ass
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM

alright replace him with josh howard.

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I would rather take Kirelenko over Roy..or even Pekovic for another trade.

Besides Minnesota would need to give up more for Pau. Anyone not names K. Love and Rubio I suppose.

5ass
12-16-2012, 09:42 PM
no way, pau's trade value is at an alltime low. Kirilenko alone probably has as much value as pau.

BullsFTW
12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Pau for Bargnani & Calderon makes sense

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
no way, pau's trade value is at an alltime low. Kirilenko alone probably has as much value as pau.

Believe it or not there are still teams out there willing to pay a premium for a player like Pau. Wolves have already offered Pek, Ridnour and williams by the way....

Calderon and Bargs is an idea but I would not want a worst defender than Pau. Plus Bargs is playing horrible this year and is injured and no time table on his return....No thanks.

Maybe Ryan Anderson in a three way trade with the Wolves and Lakers is more realistic.

5ass
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Believe it or not there are still teams out there willing to pay a premium for a player like Pau. Wolves have already offered Pek, Ridnour and williams by the way....

Calderon and Bargs is an idea but I would not want a worst defender than Pau. Plus Bargs is playing horrible this year and is injured and no time table on his return....No thanks.

Maybe Ryan Anderson in a three way trade with the Wolves and Lakers is more realistic.
Pek, Ridnour, and Williams isnt much. In that trade they would be giving up Barea, Ridnour and 2 1sts (one of which is probably a lottery pick).

smith&wesson
12-16-2012, 09:57 PM
calderon and bargs for aljeff

shep33
12-16-2012, 09:57 PM

I would stop cheering for the Lakers if we got Bargs.

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Pek, Ridnour, and Williams isnt much. In that trade they would be giving up Barea, Ridnour and 2 1sts (one of which is probably a lottery pick).

I think Barrea has an one more year compared to Ridnour so not sure if the Lakers would take that or not.

I think they are still gearing up for 2014 to make a run a prime FA's.

I do think if they can somehow get Mislap they should resign him as he would be valuable and a contributor to the teams success. They can also save 7-9 million a year on Milsap compared to Pau.

5ass
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I think Barrea has an one more year compared to Ridnour so not sure if the Lakers would take that or not.

I think they are still gearing up for 2014 to make a run a prime FA's.

I do think if they can somehow get Mislap they should resign him as he would be valuable and a contributor to the teams success. They can also save 7-9 million a year on Milsap compared to Pau.

Then replace Ridnour with Barea in the trade. The twolves will not hold up the deal to not give up Ridnour who anyway is probably equally as good as Barea.

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Then replace Ridnour with Barea in the trade. The twolves will not hold up the deal to not give up Ridnour who anyway is probably equally as good as Barea.

It will be interesting because I do not see the Lakers settling on the Minnesota deal unless a 3rd team is involved.

I would like to have Calderon as a backup to Nash and a starter for now if we can keep Pau.

If Toronto is insistent on getting Pau they may need to consider moving Derozan or Lowry or that combination together.

The Lakers rarely lose on a trade. The shaq one comes to mind...

mjt20mik
Bargnani for Millsap straight up

NYYCowboys
How about

So the Bulls get the best player in the deal by trading a contract no one wants and a 1st round pick? And the Nets trade Hump and Brooks for a contract no one wants??? Makes no sense.

5ass
12-16-2012, 10:19 PM
It will be interesting because I do not see the Lakers settling on the Minnesota deal unless a 3rd team is involved.

I would like to have Calderon as a backup to Nash and a starter for now if we can keep Pau.

If Toronto is insistent on getting Pau they may need to consider moving Derozan or Lowry or that combination together.

you might be overvaluing pau a bit. You do realize he's being paid 19 mill and is injured?

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 10:20 PM
So the Bulls get the best player in the deal by trading a contract no one wants and a 1st round pick? And the Nets trade Hump and Brooks for a contract no one wants??? Makes no sense.

This is not going to happen..come on now...

The Bulls are basically stuck with Boozer and they should not have signed him long term in the first place.

I think the Bulls would have a tough time getting candy and peanuts for him at this point.

I mean really..who would want that ugly contract?

GiantsSwaGG
12-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Amare for varejo

Twinsfan24
12-16-2012, 10:21 PM

I don't think we will try and trade for Pau at all. I would hope we wouldn't give up Pek and Barea for Pau. Pau is old and on the decline. Pek is on his way up and young, this would possibly one of the worst decisions ever if Kahn really trys to get Pau...

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 10:24 PM
you might be overvaluing pau a bit. You do realize he's being paid 19 mill and is injured?

Yes, Pau has tendinitis right now but is scheduled to play this coming Tuesday against the Bobcats at home.

Bargs is out and no time table. Pau could have played the last 5 games but the Lakers were more precautionary with him by sitting him.

I do not overvalue Pau as I do not think they can get an all star in return for him right now. Last season they might have been able to.

I think they should have take Dragic, Scola, Martin and a 1st rounder for him last year. But that just me...Hell I would have loved to see Lowry and Scola for Pau and that was a realistic trade.

TrueFan420
12-16-2012, 10:27 PM

Jazz get: Derrick Williams, Memphis' 1st round pick from the wolves, and their own 1st round pick from the wolves.

Lakers get Milsap who might be a better fit next to Howard. Barea would be their best back up PG.

Roster:
Nash/Barea/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Bell
Artest/Kobe/Howard
Milsap/Artest/Hill
Howard/Hill

T-wolves get Pau at C, probably a great fit next to Love. The wolves can then use pekovic as trade bait. (send him to the magic for instance to get Redick)

Roster:
Rubio/Ridnour
Redick/Shved/Roy
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Kirilenko/Steimsma
Pau/Love/Steimsma

Utah get a young PF/SF combo in Derick Williams to help replace Milsaps minutes. They get 2 1st round picks, including their own which is the most important piece for them as they can afford to have a bad season and get a high pick. They can still use Al Jefferson as trade bait. (maybe to the sixers for Moultrie, Brown, and a 1st)

Roster:
Williams/Watson
Hayward/Foye
Evans/Williams
Favors/Williams
Kanter/Favors

Twolves give up too much for gasol and la gets way to much

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't think we will try and trade for Pau at all. I would hope we wouldn't give up Pek and Barea for Pau. Pau is old and on the decline. Pek is on his way up and young, this would possibly one of the worst decisions ever if Kahn really trys to get Pau...

You know I really like Pek but I don't think he fits what the Lakers want to do...so don't worry about that. I think they much rather have Kirelenko.

I just have a feeling that Pau can be a better player on another team that emphasizes him in the offense.

Six-8-TheWizard
12-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Yes, Pau has tendinitis right now but is scheduled to play this coming Tuesday against the Bobcats at home.

Bargs is out and no time table. Pau could have played the last 5 games but the Lakers were more precautionary with him by sitting him.

I do not overvalue Pau as I do not think they can get an all star in return for him right now. Last season they might have been able to.

I think they should have take Dragic, Scola, Martin and a 1st rounder for him last year. But that just me...Hell I would have loved to see Lowry and Scola for Pau and that was a realistic trade.

I heard it was at least 3 weeks, but then from that point who knows. I don't think hes going to try to rush back either

Stunner
12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Some Nets fans said they would like Boozer with their current line up , plus the chemistry with Boozer and D will . The Nets need an offensive PF and Boozer has been pretty solid this year. Jazz get a sg which they have been looking for a long time and a PF to come off the bench so Favors can finally get his mins. Its a nice trade all around its just people dont like to see the Bulls get anything and thats understandable. And Boozer contract isnt that ugly compared to Amare who hardly plays and we're talking about a team that traded for Joe Johnson's contract...

AI4MVP
12-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Seriously?

AI4MVP
12-16-2012, 10:51 PM
I would rather take Kirelenko over Roy..or even Pekovic for another trade.

Besides Minnesota would need to give up more for Pau. Anyone not names K. Love and Rubio I suppose.

Kirilenko>Paul.

waveycrockett
12-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Jefferson to the NETS!!!

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Millsap and Williams for pau getter done Mitch!

netsgiantsyanks
12-16-2012, 11:06 PM
How about

:no:

Swift Game
12-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Kirilenko>Paul.

Seriously....Pau is the superior player compared to Kirelenko still..Not sure what game you watch. :punish:

Arch Stanton
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM

I really think the best trade possible for the Lakers is Pau Milsap and Mo Williams for Pau. This would shore up the backup PG position and gives you a borderline all star in Milsap. Keep this thread in place as this is not speculative and some of these guys on the list will be traded.

If not you can also call Cleveland and Minnesota for a three way trade with Verajo, D. Williams and Barea come back our way..

What ever the case may be you can also inquire about Jennings and pieces as well.

I personally would like the Utah deal to happen as I think that puts the Lakers in contention again until 2014 when they can look at Lebron and Maybe K. irving.

We cannot sit and wait around for Nash to get healthy and experiment with Pau unless you want to continue what has happened to the Lakers in the past 2 weeks. No way can you risk missing the playoffs imo. It finals or bust and you cannot get there without making the playoffs. I think this team can get it together if they get there. Make the move if its there because no matter what happens Pau will only have the expiring contract as a bargaining chip which is sad. Get what you can now as his value is diminishing.

No offense but the trade for Cleveland is god awful. AV for Pekovic and Duhon, no thanks.

tripleplay2007
12-16-2012, 11:56 PM
All of you making post saying the Jazz should trade Milsap for Gasol or Bargz are so stupid. You guys must be 13 or some ****. That makes no sense for the Jazz. They already have a crowded post with Jefferson, Milsap, Favors, and Kanter. Why on earth would you want to bring in another post. If they were to make a move at all I could see them move one of those guys to the Celtics for Paul Pierce. Makes perfect sense for both sides if Boston wants to let Pierce go. I'm not sure how it would work financially but that's just an idea. The only way I can see the Jazz letting one of those guys go is for a SF or SG. Mo Williams has been playing good basketball at the point so far this year.

Another move I could possibly see is Boston trade Rondo for Jefferson and Mo Williams. That's another move that makes a lot of sense.

Boston isn't looking so hot and they're always shopping their players.

tripleplay2007
12-16-2012, 11:58 PM
So many of you Lakers and Knicks fans on this site are completely delusional and bias af.

Hellcrooner
12-17-2012, 12:15 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3vmw5l

makes sense for everyone.

Blink
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Somebody please take Prince from Detroit.

waveycrockett
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Boozer is still a beast i dont get why people hate on him

Fresno
12-17-2012, 12:30 AM

Mo Williams = Jose Calderon

Fair swap.

But Millsap & Jefferson are of far more value together than Pau Gasol.

They may not have the career resume but both are 5+ years younger and just as productive.

NSJ
12-17-2012, 12:46 AM

Roster:
Nash/Barea/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Bell
Artest/Kobe/Howard
Milsap/Artest/Hill
Howard/Hill

Roster:
Rubio/Ridnour
Redick/Shved/Roy
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Kirilenko/Steimsma
Pau/Love/Steimsma

Roster:
Williams/Watson
Hayward/Foye
Evans/Williams
Favors/Williams
Kanter/Favors

Thats gotta be a joke right lol so many things wrong with your post.

Hellcrooner
12-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Mo Williams = Jose Calderon

Fair swap.

But Millsap & Jefferson are of far more value together than Pau Gasol.

They may not have the career resume but both are 5+ years younger and just as productive.

And both are gonna bolt for nothing.

Pau > Nothing in my book.

BullsFTW
12-17-2012, 01:09 AM
I would stop cheering for the Lakers if we got Bargs.

What's sad is the bandwagon Lakers fans have already stopped cheering.

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Some Laker fans seem to think a 32 year old Pau has a ton of trade value.

Millsap and Mo Williams >>>>>>>> Pau

BullsFTW
12-17-2012, 01:12 AM
So many of you Lakers and Knicks fans on this site are completely delusional and bias af.

I agree. I'm biased as well, but the level that many of the Lakers & Knicks fans are in is ridiculous.

tripleplay2007
12-17-2012, 01:31 AM

Makes no sense for Utah. Why trade a younger PF and a younger PF for a older unhealthy player at the same positions? Let me guess your a Lakers fan?

Swift Game
12-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Utah will more than Likely trade one of the PF's...Either Milsap or Jefferson...I think they would much rather keep Milsap since they did not give up much to get Jefferson.

I don't understand why some fans in here get defensive when we are talking trade ideas...its really laughable how some get frustrated when no one in here actually has control any of this....Enjoy it for what it is and if you don;t like it stop reading and move on.

waveycrockett
12-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Lakers fans seem to think by trading Pau they also are trading along 1 or 2 of those Finals trophies with him. Dude is a shell of what he was. West Coast Amare.

Swift Game
12-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Lakers fans seem to think by trading Pau they also are trading along 1 or 2 of those Finals trophies with him. Dude is a shell of what he was. West Coast Amare.

Well Amare has yet to win Jack...Even in their primes Pau ate up Amare for breakfast buddy. I know Houston has not done jack since Olajuwan but stop hating bro its pathetic.

Enjoy Harden and the Rockets and hopefully they make the playoffs.

tripleplay2007
12-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Well Amare has yet to win Jack...Even in their primes Pau ate up Amare for breakfast buddy. I know Houston has not done jack since Olajuwan but stop hating bro its pathetic.

I'm sure he wasn't talking about prime; he was talking about their trade value now.

I would take Gasol in his prime any day, he actually wouldn't even be discussed in trade talks if he were still legit but he's softer now then he's been in the past with the Lakers offense so his trade value has decreased a ton. All this **** Kobe's been talking about him lately isn't helping him as trade bait either.

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 02:56 AM

Not sure if serious

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-17-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm sure he wasn't talking about prime; he was talking about their trade value now.

I would take Gasol in his prime any day, he actually wouldn't even be discussed in trade talks if he were still legit but he's softer now then he's been in the past with the Lakers offense so his trade value has decreased a ton. All this **** Kobe's been talking about him lately isn't helping him as trade bait either.

Kobe talking ****? Really when he's only told him to put his big boy pants on and that's about it, recently he said he sees Gasol like a brother and that he wants him to succeed etc. please stop talking out of your ***

Swift Game
12-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Not sure if serious

Bro i like the sig....maybe its blurred your reception of NBA players...

80% or more would take Pau over Amare....And yes he would have ate him up for Lunch and Dinner as well..

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Bro i like the sig....maybe its blurred your reception of NBA players...

80% or more would take Pau over Amare....And yes he would have ate him up for Lunch and Dinner as well..

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=stoudam01&p2=gasolpa01

Just stop now, Amare may not be the best defender but its not like Pau is anything more than an average defender either. Amare is banged up now but its no question who performed better head to head over their careers.

Even career numbers favor Amare. More efficient scoring, higher scorer ppg and only .6 less rebounds per game on almost a full 2 minutes less per game in his career.

Do your homework before you throw out dumb statements.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/996/pau-gasol

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1727/amare-stoudemire

waveycrockett
12-17-2012, 03:26 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=stoudam01&p2=gasolpa01

Just stop now, Amare may not be the best defender but its not like Pau is anything more than an average defender either. Amare is banged up now but its no question who performed better head to head over their careers.

Even career numbers favor Amare. More efficient scoring, higher scorer ppg and only .6 less rebounds per game on almost a full 2 minutes less per game in his career.

Nice job.

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 03:27 AM
@Swift Game

Yea, thought so...

Swift Game
12-17-2012, 03:36 AM

Bro, you can pull out all the stats you want but at the end of the day any one with some basketball sense is taking Pau over Amare period. Amare has had some good team mates around him and was still not able to get it done..

Do you remember what Pau did to Orlando and Boston in the Finals??? He ate up Garnet in the Finals in 2010 and he was still one of the best defenders..don't get me wrong was a big fan of Amare for a long time but he was never an elite 4 imo. Good not great.

Amare could not hold Pau's jock when you are talking about crunch time in the playoffs from 2008-2010...:facepalm:

Thought so Chump...

Step to my level anytime and I will serve you a cold one..

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 03:49 AM
Bro, you can pull out all the stats you want but at the end of the day any one with some basketball sense is taking Pau over Amare period. Amare has had some good team mates around him and was still not able to get it done..

Do you remember what Pau did to Orlando and Boston in the Finals??? He ate up Garnet in the Finals in 2010 and he was still one of the best defenders..don't get me wrong was a big fan of Amare for a long time but he was never an elite 4 imo. Good not great.

Amare could not hold Pau's jock when you are talking about crunch time in the playoffs from 2008-2010...:facepalm:

Thought so Chump...

Internet thug on the loose!

Lmao, each one of your posts is getting dumber and dumber. Amare had some good team mates around him yes, but did he have Kobe Bryant? The year Amare and Nash would have won it all Stern robbed Phoenix by suspending Amare when he took a step onto the court when Horry leveled Nash.

And why are you mentioning playoffs when Amare CLEARLY has better playoff numbers than Pau and there 1v1 playoff record also favors Amare.

What relevance does Pau beasting on Orlando and the Celtics have any relevance to Amare. You do realize Amare would beast a prime Tim Duncan in the playoffs, is that supposed to mean anything?

And not an Elite 4 in his prime? Please just stop you really sound dumb. Im stating facts your posting Homerish opinions, serving me a cold one? Good job, good effort. Llulz :facepalm:

shep33
12-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Pau > Amare

Monta is beast
12-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Pau makes players around him better, Amare' does not.

LaLa_Land
12-17-2012, 04:19 AM
The concept of a human believing Amare is better than Pau is a sign of an impending apocalypse.

Pau is internationally recognized, dominates on a consistant basis in the international field, has won two championships, and is widely known as the most skilled big man in the game - regardless of his lackluster play this year.

^ all things that Amare will never accomplish.

Hellcrooner
12-17-2012, 04:31 AM
why are you all answering to the dude?
He has an opion.
everyone has one.
we all have this hole on our back too you know?

There are people thinking the world is ending on 21th and that some fairies come to collect teeth.
live and let live.

Swift Game
12-17-2012, 04:40 AM
Internet thug on the loose!

Lmao, each one of your posts is getting dumber and dumber. Amare had some good team mates around him yes, but did he have Kobe Bryant? The year Amare and Nash would have won it all Stern robbed Phoenix by suspending Amare when he took a step onto the court when Horry leveled Nash.

And why are you mentioning playoffs when Amare CLEARLY has better playoff numbers than Pau and there 1v1 playoff record also favors Amare.

What relevance does Pau beasting on Orlando and the Celtics have any relevance to Amare. You do realize Amare would beast a prime Tim Duncan in the playoffs, is that supposed to mean anything?

And not an Elite 4 in his prime? Please just stop you really sound dumb. Im stating facts your posting Homerish opinions, serving me a cold one? Good job, good effort. Llulz :facepalm:

What relevance you ask? How about 2 NBA titles and 3 finals appearances straight for Pau. He was a major contributor toward those titles. Amare has not even made the NBA Finals.

Remember that players are measured by what they do when it matters..The playoffs.

Any how you look like a fool and anyone can clearly see that. I am done...titles speak stats dont....Oh that's right...his nickname is STAT...there you go...:cool:

waveycrockett
12-17-2012, 04:43 AM
I can't believe you guys are arguing over who is less washed up in 2013. I dont think there is any debate that in their primes Amar'e was better.

Losoway
12-17-2012, 04:46 AM
prime amare was light years better then pau gasol. you young kids on psd dont know ****.

btw . im reading this thread and 90 percent of the trades are favored towards the lakers. when will you realize. NO team is willing to give up anything worth it for gasol

waveycrockett
12-17-2012, 04:49 AM
When Amare was in PHX he finished in the MVP race top-5 a few times. Pau never did that. When Amare was in PHX did was a freak of nature. If he ever learned to play defense he would have been a top-5 PF of all time.

Hellcrooner
12-17-2012, 04:56 AM
When Amare was in PHX he finished in the MVP race top-5 a few times. Pau never did that. When Amare was in PHX did was a freak of nature. If he ever learned to play defense he would have been a top-5 PF of all time.

:facepalm:

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-17-2012, 05:46 AM
prime amare was light years better then pau gasol. you young kids on psd dont know ****.

btw . im reading this thread and 90 percent of the trades are favored towards the lakers. when will you realize. NO team is willing to give up anything worth it for gasol

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-17-2012, 05:46 AM

amos1er
12-17-2012, 05:52 AM

:laugh2:

I am seriously considering replacing Andrew's sig quotes with this. Too funny.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-17-2012, 06:19 AM
this is kinda like comparing a prime t-mac to kobe...c'mon now

amos1er
12-17-2012, 06:23 AM

I'll second that...:facepalm: :facepalm:

waveycrockett
12-17-2012, 06:38 AM
:laugh2:

I am seriously considering replacing Andrew's sig quotes with this. Too funny.

Lakers homer gunna homer. Amare in his prime was Blake Griffin with a jump shot. Pau was great but nothing close to that.

amos1er
12-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Lakers homer gunna homer. Amare in his prime was Blake Griffin with a jump shot. Pau was great but nothing close to that.

Look who's talking Amare boy blue. ;)

Losoway
12-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Prime amare wasnt better then pau gasol?? lmaooo

ah man .this thread is pure comedy

NYYCowboys
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
I don't get what's so funny comparing prime Amare to Gasol.

Prime Amare had a PERs of over 25 (26.71 in 04-05 and 27.29 in 06-07), and was in the low 20s for almost all his other years. Pau never came close to Amare's prime numbers. Pau's career high per was 24.22 in 06-07, and was mostly in the low 20s his entire career. Pau has definitely been the more consistent player, but prime Amare was very, very good.

To put it into perspective Melo has a 26.08 PER (a career high) this season, and his getting MVP consideration. Amare's two best seasons were better according to this stat. And his 27.29 was better than any season Tim Duncan had according to this stat too. Not even comparing Duncan to Amare, but still it shows you how good he was in his prime. I know PER isn't everything, but I think it's one of the more accurate stats for overall performance.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-17-2012, 08:35 AM
The article about Jennings is just a rehash of last season's quote for checking out a large market. Even though he'd be a RFA and Bucks can match all offers.

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Llulz, you Laker homers are hilarious.

Prime Amare >> Pau.

The numbers back it up as well, and don't give me the whole Championship BS when Pau is playing with Kobe Bryant on his team.

Numbers back up my argument, if any of you homers would look at them you would see.

Hellcrooner
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
wake me up when amare learns to rebound and deffend :yawn:

futureman
12-17-2012, 02:33 PM

The jazz won't give up their starting point guard and not to mention their only decent point guard You would have to give us Nash.

smith&wesson
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
calderon, bargnani, fields for all jeff and mo williams

:cheer:

raidersrock99
12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
I think Marcus thortonmmay end up,on the block

HowBoutDemBulls
12-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Any team want Rip Hamilton in exchange for a half way decent back up C?

thrice4
12-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Any team want Rip Hamilton in exchange for a half way decent back up C?

Is Rip doing bad this year? Samuel Dalembert for him would make sense but I don't think they would trade in the division.

HowBoutDemBulls
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Is Rip doing bad this year? Samuel Dalembert for him would make sense but I don't think they would trade in the division.

He's been out with a minor injury but he has had a good year, some nice scoring nights.

The Bard
12-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Milsap sounds like a ****ing tree.

TheMoneyTeam
12-17-2012, 05:29 PM
The player that should be looked at the most, I Josh smith for alanta.. Boston, Lakers, OKC, Houston. Each team needs him.

Los Angeles could definitely use Smith's athleticism and penchant for easy fast break points. He and Howard would beast down low.

shep33
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Honestly I'm fine with Pau, but if we did trade him, I'd rather get Milsap than Smith. Now, I don't think ATL would trade Smith to us anyways, so it doesn't really matter. Somebody is going to give Smith a huge deal... That's pretty scary. He's a good player, but offensively he's a mess and I'd be weary of how his game looks if he loses his leaping ability.

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Honestly I'm fine with Pau, but if we did trade him, I'd rather get Milsap than Smith. Now, I don't think ATL would trade Smith to us anyways, so it doesn't really matter. Somebody is going to give Smith a huge deal... That's pretty scary. He's a good player, but offensively he's a mess and I'd be weary of how his game looks if he loses his leaping ability.

No offense to you and some of the Laker fans in here, but do you not realize the only reason Millsap and Jefferson are on the block is because they have both Kanter and Favors as well, unless another 1-2 teams are involved in the trade there is no way Utah wants anything to do with Pau.

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 06:36 PM
wake me up when amare learns to rebound and deffend :yawn:

And yet Pau averages .1 more rebounds per 36 on equally as bad defense while Amare averages 4 more points a game over his career and a 53% fg to Paus 51%.

My God some of you are slow

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01.html

mjt20mik
12-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Millsap for Bargnani.. please god

DeRaptor95
12-17-2012, 07:01 PM

Please make this happen!!!

DeRaptor95
12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Millsap for Bargnani.. please god

Milsap is the better one but id be happy with Jefferson if we can get him

iam brett favre
12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
The trades people on here are proposing for the Jazz are ****ing absurd.
Millsap and Jefferson are both absolute beasts.

murphturph
12-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Pau>Amare... Unbiased opinion

tripleplay2007
12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
No offense to you and some of the Laker fans in here, but do you not realize the only reason Millsap and Jefferson are on the block is because they have both Kanter and Favors as well, unless another 1-2 teams are involved in the trade there is no way Utah wants anything to do with Pau.

I've said the same thing about 3 times in this thread but each post gets ignored by those dumb *****. Don't say no offense when they are that stupid.

mjt20mik
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
The trades people on here are proposing for the Jazz are ****ing absurd.
Millsap and Jefferson are both absolute beasts.

So is Bargnani :rolleyes: :(

Hellcrooner
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
And yet Pau averages .1 more rebounds per 36 on equally as bad defense while Amare averages 4 more points a game over his career and a 53% fg to Paus 51%.

My God some of you are slow

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01.html

1 36 minutes projects are very nice.
I guess some scrub out there that played 1 minute and scored a bucket would score 72 ppg

2 lets forget assists, blocks, turnovers etc comparing players.

Dude get back to your cave and pass whatever you are smoking, must be very good.

tripleplay2007
12-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I guess some scrub out there that played 1 minute and scored a bucket would score 72 ppg

Dude get back to your cave and pass whatever you are smoking, must be very good.

Lol, bias Lakers fan.

Swift Game
12-17-2012, 07:57 PM
What a lot of people fail to realize is that Jefferson, Williams and Milsap are currently on the final year to their respective contracts. I can assure you fans out there that do not understand the business standpoint of the NBA one or all of those guys well be gone next season...

How many FA's are scrambling to play in Utah?? Not many I bet. For Utah they will move some of these guys by default whether you like it or not due to the fact that they know they will not be able to resign them...For example D. Williams and Boozer...

The majority of their better players have come from trades because Utah is not a market where the prime time players want to play. Not to mention what they get from the Draft.

So in the end sometimes its not about receiving fair value in return for some smaller market teams and Utah is well aware if this. Utah is a middle tier team that may or may not make the playoffs. They were good for many years with Stockton and Malone because they drafted those guys.

Its not like a Lebron, Durant or Kobe would ever sign with a team like Utah. That is why they rely on the draft and other trades. Do you think Utah got a fair return for Deron Williams? I don't think so. They did not receive an all star in return.

shep33
12-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Oh obviously, I never said a straight up deal would work.

tripleplay2007
12-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh obviously, I never said a straight up deal would work.

Lol.

Lil Rhody
12-17-2012, 09:01 PM

Thought so Chump...

Garnet was hurting from 09 till 11 so he ate up a guy that was hurt wow

Lil Rhody
12-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Al Jefferson come back to Boston. Idk about salary wise but green bass lee and some picks for Big Al...... Aw man Tommy would be so pumped ( celtics fans know what I'm talking about)

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 09:44 PM

llulz, good job good effort. Laker fans are funny

Fresno
12-17-2012, 09:46 PM
What a lot of people fail to realize is that Jefferson, Williams and Milsap are currently on the final year to their respective contracts. I can assure you fans out there that do not understand the business standpoint of the NBA one or all of those guys well be gone next season...

How many FA's are scrambling to play in Utah?? Not many I bet. For Utah they will move some of these guys by default whether you like it or not due to the fact that they know they will not be able to resign them...For example D. Williams and Boozer...

The majority of their better players have come from trades because Utah is not a market where the prime time players want to play. Not to mention what they get from the Draft.

So in the end sometimes its not about receiving fair value in return for some smaller market teams and Utah is well aware if this. Utah is a middle tier team that may or may not make the playoffs. They were good for many years with Stockton and Malone because they drafted those guys.

Its not like a Lebron, Durant or Kobe would ever sign with a team like Utah. That is why they rely on the draft and other trades. Do you think Utah got a fair return for Deron Williams? I don't think so. They did not receive an all star in return.

Utah isn't moving those guys to get a highly paid veteran when the purpose of the talk of them letting Millsap, Jefferson, & Mo Williams go is to start up their youth movement.

Their youth movement means they're trying to become bad & take the growing pains that come with playing their young draft picks who have been taking a back seat to them. They have a 21 year old Derrick Favors & 20 year old Enes Kanter to replace Millsap/Jefferson.

The Jazz have 2 1st rounders in 2013 as well.

Its not about cap space, just trying to rebuild.

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 09:55 PM
I've said the same thing about 3 times in this thread but each post gets ignored by those dumb *****. Don't say no offense when they are that stupid.

Your right lol, some of them are so dumb. Jodie Meeks for Lebron next week? :speechless:

tripleplay2007
12-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Your right lol, some of them are so dumb. Jodie Meeks for Lebron next week? :speechless:

"It's completely fair, Meeks has one of the best outside jump shots in the game. I know salaries don't match but I'm sure Miami will be fine paying out the rest of LeBron's contract to make it work" - Lakers Fans

RonE Coleman
12-17-2012, 10:40 PM
"It's completely fair, Meeks has one of the best outside jump shots in the game. I know salaries don't match but I'm sure Miami will be fine paying out the rest of LeBron's contract to make it work" - Lakers Fans

:laugh:

VinceCarter
12-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Throw MarShon Brooks on that list too.

Tai_chi_bbc
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Using stats to compare the two are stupid. Prime amare played on an uptempo suns team that resulted in more opportunities to rebound, block, score etc. Pau was playing in the triangle, not to mention second fiddle to Kobe