PDA

View Full Version : Bynum questions Laker defense, post plays,bench

Longhornfan1234
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/12/16/bynum-questions-laker-defense-post-plays-bench/75198/

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Bynum on the Dwight Howard trade: "Personally, I think they traded No. 1 for No. 2."

Bynum: "Dwight's a great player, but he's going to have to get accustomed to playing with Kobe and not touching the ball every single play."

https://twitter.com/KevinDing

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 06:46 PM
:laugh: No ****ing way. How delusional is this kid.The chances of him playing another 300 games is slim to none.

He also takes a shot at Kobe .If it weren't for Kobe and Gasol playing his role he wouldn't have a ****ing thing!

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:48 PM
:laugh2: oh Andrew, keep it coming kid. I love this guy. We need some holiday cheer. :laugh2:

ZebraCity916
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
:laugh:

How embarrassing......

JNA17
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Coming from a guy who got injured from bowling. :laugh:

Sly Guy
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
lol, something about the guy making comments from the sidelines always makes me laugh.

More-Than-Most
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Lol I love Bynum.

tripleplay2007
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Bynum needs to worry about his own health and getting on the court for the 76ers.

waveycrockett
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Coming from a guy who got injured from bowling. :laugh:

I think it's time to change that sig buddy lol

Iron24th
12-16-2012, 07:03 PM
I think it's time to change that sig buddy lol

I think you can change yours as well.

Linsanity had a two weeks career.

waveycrockett
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I think you can change yours as well.

Linsanity had a two weeks career.

except mine wasn't meant to be taken serious. Not even a Rockets fan.

Mamba Sting
12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
bynum can f off! the lakers are going to be fine. kobe is playing at an MVP worthy level right now so that backhanded comment wasnt necessary

tripleplay2007
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
except mine wasn't meant to be taken serious. Not even a Rockets fans.

Lmao. Not gonna lie, every time I've read one of your post I'd see the Lin sig and shake my head.

Iron24th
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
except mine wasn't meant to be taken serious. Not even a Rockets fans.

Like when you said all summer long dwight will never be a Laker?

Ok fine :rolleyes:

waveycrockett
12-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Like when you said all summer long dwight will never be a Laker?

Ok fine :rolleyes:

Yea hows that working out.:facepalm:

seikou8
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
fail bynum

richiesaurus310
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Lmao how about Bynum plays a games this season then he can tweet all he wants.

Avenged
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Misguided. Why don't you put the part where it says it helped his game because kobe demands a lot of attention.

Besides he's right about the bench and defense. Is he not allowed to have his opinion about the Lakers but everyone in this forum is? Lol

rocket
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
God I ****ing love Bynum

JdKing7
12-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah i used to like bynum but what a joke he has become

DreamShaker
12-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Did yall see his hair in that article? He looks like one of The Beatles!

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
He didn't call himself #1, did he? NAH, he can't be that stupid.

KingPosey
12-16-2012, 07:53 PM
except mine wasn't meant to be taken serious. Not even a Rockets fan.

Well if it is a joke its not a good one. Its literally just Lin doing a reverse lay up. Wheres the joke aspect lol?!

Tony Perkis
12-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I agree that he's a much better player for the lakers when healthy than dwight is. Dwight's offensive game is awful. Anytime he gets an open look near the basket, they foul him and he splits free throws. A win for the Defense.

Cal827
12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- Andrew Bynum played seven seasons with Kobe Bryant as his teammate before being traded to the Philadelphia 76ers this summer. He shared success with his fellow prep-to-pros product, making three NBA Finals, winning two championships and even both being named All-Stars last season.

But by the end of his time in L.A., Bynum felt that Bryant's ball-dominant ways hurt his development as one of the league's best centers.
"I thought it really helped me a lot obviously at first, because he draws so much attention it's hard for guys to double team and key on you, so it helped me tremendously," Bynum told a group of L.A. reporters before the Lakers played the Sixers on Sunday. "Later, I felt I was able to get the ball more and do more things with the ball, so I could definitely see how it could stunt growth."

Despite not logging a minute with his new team yet because of knee problems, Bynum still has a very high opinion of where he currently ranks among the game's big men.

"Personally I think they traded No. 1 for No. 2," Bynum said, referring to the Lakers acquiring the 27-year-old Dwight Howard as the major part of the four-team exchange that landed him in Philly.

The 25-year-old Bynum warned that Howard will have to get used to the balancing act of playing alongside Bryant.

"I think Dwight is a great player, but he's going to have to get accustomed to playing with Kobe and not touching the ball every single play," Bynum said.

Of course, Howard is giving the chance to make those adjustments by being on the court. He hasn't missed a game all season after undergoing back surgery in the offseason. Bynum, meanwhile, has yet to suit up for the Sixers but sounded optimistic about his health on Sunday.

"Actually I'm feeling better and the pain is down in both knees, which is good," Bynum said. "But, there could be something floating around in there."

Bynum has an MRI scheduled for Thursday in New York City to examine both of his knees. He said his right knee has improved considerably, but he is still feeling discomfort in his left one.

"The update really is I'm feeling much better, I would say, than the initial state of injury," Bynum said, detailing how he has been able to add shooting drills to his rehab process. "When I see the doctor, hopefully I will be cleared for impact."

Bynum has yet to be able to run, however.

"I'm going to have to work extremely hard to get back into form," said Bynum who also revealed that he wasn't sure if his offseason trip to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy helped him or hurt him. "Obviously I've been off for quite some time now. It's kind of ridiculous. But, I'm just looking forward to getting back on the treadmill and running for the first time this entire summer."

Bynum could still not pinpoint the exact stress that caused his knees to become hurt in the offseason, noting that whatever happened came during his regular offseason training regimen.

"I don't think it was avoidable," Bynum said. "I just think it's something I have to go through."

While Bynum has been sidelined, he's paid attention to the struggles of his former team. However, the only teammate he's kept in touch with is Pau Gasol and he also hasn't spoken to Howard since the trade.

"They're just struggling," Bynum said of the Lakers' 10-14 start to the season. "They got injuries and they're not posting the ball, so, that's tough too."

Bynum wasn't done there.

"They got to make a commitment to defense, No. 1, and No. 2, I think they're going to have to post the ball within a system that's going to do that," he said. "Obviously the talent is there to win a championship from a starter's point of view, anyway. I think they struggle a little bit off the bench, so that kind of hurts, too."

Bynum said he has "no regrets" about the path that led him out of L.A. He added "my time is done there" and that the location of where he plays isn't as important to him as him being healthy enough to allow him to play.

"It doesn't really matter to me where I play as long as I get to," Bynum said.

The Lakers play the Sixers again New Year's Day, so it is very unlikely Bynum will get the opportunity to play against the only other team he's played for in his eight-year career.

"You want to play against your old team always," Bynum said. "It's just a shame. I don't know when I'll be back. I guess I'm just excited to play any game at this point."

Via: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8753097/andrew-bynum-philadelphia-76ers-says-kobe-bryant-stunted-development-los-angeles-lakers

Ah Bynum :laugh2:

gaughan333
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
So did being immature and consistently hurt.

0nekhmer
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
He's a bigger troll than all of this board combined!!

JasonJohnHorn
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Bynum has a great career as an analyst ahead of him!

Seriously though, he is right about the Lakers in everything he said. As fro trading 1 (bynum) for 2 (Howard), I like his confidence. He has a better offensive game than Dwight, and managed more rebounds last season with Gasol helping clear the glass than Dwight is averaging this season.

Obvioulsy, looking at the level Dwight has played in the past, he is the best C in the league, even with a slow start this season, but I like that Bynum has the confidence to say he is the best C in the league.

Sssmush
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXk5ru5gJQM

kblo247
12-16-2012, 08:30 PM
To be fair, he quesxtioned Phil out loud for playing Lamar over him after Phil left. But stats say Kobe made bynum better by his presence whereas Dwight aint even fully healthy yet as he admittedly cant olay 40 minutes without being tired

kblo247
12-16-2012, 08:34 PM
They traded the number 1 for the number 2, lmao. Andrew played one healthy year for LA and made one all star team. He averaged 7 and 6 in their title runs, while being benched for Odom in every game and being a glorified sixth man who started as Kobe, Pau, Lamar, Fish, and Trev/Ron all have more claim to those rings

He didn't do himself no favors either by skipping out on huddles, shooting, 3s and no showing his exiot meeting with Mitch, Jerry and Jim.I mean who has the bals to no show an exit meeting?

heyman321
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM
lol @ tag : nikdymez u mad?

Kaspa
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
If by "stunted his play" he means (made him and NBA Champion) he's right....damn that Kobe! :crazy:

GunFactor187
12-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Ungrateful @$$...:facepalm:

beliges
12-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Bynum should give Kobe half his paycheck.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 09:03 PM
If by "stunted his play" he means (made him and NBA Champion) he's right....damn that Kobe! :crazy:

Bingo! That little punk *** kid will never learn.

JNA17
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
I didn't know getting injured and winning twp championships anyway stunted a player's career. 0_0

Hulk6
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM
pwnd

shep33
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM
We need to call Philly and offer Dwight for Bynum. Regrowth time baby

farren.louis
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Kobe is not a great leader thats for sure, I think we all know that, but bynum need to take some responsibilty for his action, he should have takin his career in La serious

shep33
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
If you look at Bynum's numbers when Kobe was out last year, the dude shot like 40% from the field.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
:laugh2: at the tags.

ldawg
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
LOL... Bynum are you for real man? Dude you were always broken. Injuries stunt your growth. You were never the Best big man in LA any way. When they did give you the wheel you ran them into a ditch. The ditch was so deep they are still trying to crawl out. They did land Howard but you was to be traded long time ago. For Melo or Bosh. Dude you cant be real. If anything you held Lakers back hoping on potential. Now you are doing the same to Sixers.

Iron24th
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Yea hows that working out.:facepalm:

Lol this is not about how it's working, this is about a statement you made all summer long, how does it feel to always be wrong? :eyebrow:

GiantsSwaGG
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm waiting for sixers fans to defend this :laugh2:

RLundi
12-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Nickdymez is definitely mad.

Alayla
12-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm waiting for sixers fans to defend this :laugh2:

theres nothing to defend hes not the best center but hell hes getting more flak for thinking he is then when raymond felton called himself the best PG

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 11:46 PM
I hope he does eventually come back healthy. I mean c'mon, I as a Laker fan watched him from the days of him looking like Fat Albert and coming back at Shaq after being dunked on by him.

I want him to do well and see if he can become a legit franchise player.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-17-2012, 02:49 AM
I hope he does eventually come back healthy. I mean c'mon, I as a Laker fan watched him from the days of him looking like Fat Albert and coming back at Shaq after being dunked on by him.

I want him to do well and see if he can become a legit franchise player.

Why? The ****ing guy is so immature And is now taking shots at Kobe . The one who gift wrapped 2 rings for him and put them under the Christmas tree for him.What has Bynum done for us these past 2 years ? He gave up on us vs okc. He's just a spoiled little *****.

naps
12-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Kobe doesn't share the ball with teammates. Bynum is not the first player to say it. Old story told by another player...sigh.

Losoway
12-17-2012, 04:48 AM
i actually agree with bynum on one thing " dwight needs to learn how to adjust playing with kobe not touching the ball every season. dwight seriously looks like he wants to kill kobe sometimes

shep33
12-17-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm a big fan of Drew, but check out Bynum's offensive numbers without Kobe in the lineup. Turrible. Dude barely had to face double teams with Kobe and Pau out there.

If you double Bynum it's a turnover waiting to happen. He has no clue how to handle a double team.

waveycrockett
12-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Lol this is not about how it's working, this is about a statement you made all summer long, how does it feel to always be wrong? :eyebrow:

Right now? Awesome cause you guys suck

marsza
12-17-2012, 04:57 AM
..and I question Bynum's haircut.

jerellh528
12-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Kobe doesn't share the ball with teammates. Bynum is not the first player to say it. Old story told by another player...sigh.

Ofcourse out our this whole thing, naps the andrew32 clone takes a jab at Kobe... Smh.
But anyways, I love Bynum right now, he is a riot and maybe one of the most entertaining characters in the league right now... I literally laugh my *** off at anything he does or says. Please come back from injury Andrew!

amos1er
12-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Bynum has two rings because of Kobe. He wouldn't have been traded if he didn't want to be the man so much and just focused on rebounding and defense like he did when the Lakers were winning championships. Funny how people chastise Kobe for wanting to be the man under Shaq, yet they praise Bynum for the same thing (wanting to be the man under Kobe) while still chastising Kobe. I have never seen an athlete take more crap over every little thing over the years like Kobe. In every possible scenario Kobe is made to be the villain to matter the contradiction. It's just laughable after a certain point.

c.c.
12-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Them meds for his knees are messing with his mind!

Iron24th
12-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Right now? Awesome cause you guys suck

Since you're always wrong, we'll not suck too long and you'll be left alone with your hate :eyebrow:

kobe4thewinbang
12-17-2012, 06:42 AM
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/12/16/bynum-questions-laker-defense-post-plays-bench/75198/

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Bynum on the Dwight Howard trade: "Personally, I think they traded No. 1 for No. 2."

Bynum: "Dwight's a great player, but he's going to have to get accustomed to playing with Kobe and not touching the ball every single play."

https://twitter.com/KevinDingSo it's Kobe's fault that Bynum rejected the wisdom of Kareem? It's Kobe's fault that Bynum has no heart? Doesn't care who he plays for? Yeah, sure.... Bynum needs to look in the mirror, get rid of the Prince hair, and earn respect by giving a damn for once.

kobe4thewinbang
12-17-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm a big fan of Drew, but check out Bynum's offensive numbers without Kobe in the lineup. Turrible. Dude barely had to face double teams with Kobe and Pau out there.

If you double Bynum it's a turnover waiting to happen. He has no clue how to handle a double team.My sentiments exactly. Bynum's an unskilled clown. His only response to a double team is to fire a "shot" over four arms.

kblo247
12-17-2012, 09:25 AM
If you look at Bynum's numbers when Kobe was out last year, the dude shot like 40% from the field.

Hey give him some credit, like Ireland reported during the game when he mentioned the quotes, Bynum shot 42% on 19 attempts per game.

Lets just ignore that with Kobe, Bynum still took the most fga of Cs unless if you call Aldridge or Brgs one, on average

kblo247
12-17-2012, 09:27 AM
So it's Kobe's fault that Bynum rejected the wisdom of Kareem? It's Kobe's fault that Bynum has no heart? Doesn't care who he plays for? Yeah, sure.... Bynum needs to look in the mirror, get rid of the Prince hair, and earn respect by giving a damn for once.

Kobe told him tell Kareem he's taught you enough, you don't need to learn any more. And he also said you no what skip out on the exit meeting with the GM, owner, and your boy Jim who always went to bat for you.

benzni
12-17-2012, 09:32 AM
bynum is correct. he is the g.o.a.t and he will win the mvp this year :P

ttam68
12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Everything he said was true besides being the #1 center, and I like that he said that too. This is basically a First Take type thread where everyone *****es about nothing because they're bored.

Before the season, analysts talked about Bynum needing to learn to adjust to double teams. Without Kobe, he'd have a lot more experience facing them. His comments were tame and he expressed both sides of the coin.

As for the Lakers, let's not pretend he's the only one who thinks they have a ****** bench, need to focus on defense, and need to better utilize their post players once Gasol gets back.

The goods
12-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Shouldn't Bynum be rehabbing his knees, its funny that he's half of kobes age and Kobe has better knees and health than this kid, maybe you should stop bowling, partying and dissing other teams and work on staying healthy.

ldawg
12-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Bynum is a comic. Let me see Bynum has yet to play a full season, played behind Pau and Odom, Came off the bench most of the time, played 30mpg 1 season with his lack of stamina Yet Kobe held him back? That **** just dont make no darn sense. Who is holding him back on Sixers? Dude has yet to score a single point and log a single second. Aint nothing worst than a paper champ. In Bynum mind he was the MVP to a team that won 2 rings with little help from him. Mr Bynum Sixers play at a fast pace lets see how you hold up when they sprint down the court only to see you at half court. Health held you back my Bynum. If you were not injured so much with the team having to bring you on slowly playing limited minutes maybe just maybe you would have grown as a player with experience.
Two things Bynum made clear he want to touch the ball on every play even if he is last man down and winning rings is not his goal.

stawka
12-18-2012, 12:54 AM
I find it funny that most Laker fans are talking smack about him, yet when he was a Laker, most of you guys considered him a God.

Goes to show the amount of homer'ism around here is ridiculous

ldawg
12-18-2012, 06:09 AM
I find it funny that most Laker fans are talking smack about him, yet when he was a Laker, most of you guys considered him a God.

Goes to show the amount of homer'ism around here is ridiculousDude you a talking from a none Laker fan point of view. To give you credit it was a split but many of us wanted him gone years ago when Melo and Bosh was available. Bynum is one frustrating player and sixers is getting a taste of that. Dude played good for 2 months out of each season. With those two months he wanted to be the man. Talent is not his issue its health and stamina and the desire to be the focal point in those two months. To be the man you can not be a 2 month 25mpg player. If sixers look over their shoulder waiting on Bynum where would they be? Bynum has to be the one of the least reliable players in the NBA, how do you hurt a knee bowling?

stawka
12-18-2012, 07:12 AM
I agree with everything you said, EVERYTHING you said. But it still stands that he was apparently the best C in the league and the next great Laker and all that sort of crap, and now that he's gone he's all of a sudden garbage and Laker fans are laughing at him and the 76ers

JiffyMix88
12-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I love Bynum for speaking the TRUTH