PDA

View Full Version : Ring Ceremony Night - Acceptable to boo a team that won it all?

JordansBulls
12-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Watching the ring ceremony night back in 2007 season between Chicago and Miami and with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter Chicago is up 47-25, but there are boos coming down in the arena on the team that had just won it all the season before. I don't remember if it happened in 2011 with Miami vs Dallas where Dallas was getting blown out, but how do you access the situation?

Do you think it is right to boo the team on ring ceremony night for a team that just won the title even though they are getting blown out that game?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Sure.

Step your ****ing game up. You won last year. This is a new year.

tripleplay2007
12-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Sure.

Yep

tapajafri
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
No reason to be getting blown out like that in the first game of the new season.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
If they are getting blown out ? Sure why not. As champs there is no reason for you to come out flat when you just proved you are the best team in the nba.

mjt20mik
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Sure.

Truth.

KnicksorBust
12-16-2012, 06:35 PM
I picked yes because of your wording. It's acceptable to do a lot of things. Should a fan base boo their home team after just winning the chip? Hell no. This is why Eli Manning gets a pass for life in my book.

After seeing Yankees fans boo Jeter, I learned anything is possible.

JasonJohnHorn
12-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey... fans pay for their tickets. If they want to boo, or cheer... it's up to them. And if the team playing wants the fans to cheer for them, especially at home, give them something to cheer about.
There are of course limits to what fans get to do, but I think either cheering or booing is certainly within their rights. Using racial slurs of thowing food and drink items (or anything else for that matter) at players is of course out of line.

You cannot rest on your past accomplishments, especially when you are the champs. When you win it all, every other team in the league circles the date on the calender when they play you. They want to measure themselves against the best. You'd better be prepared to give it 100% every night.

Bishnoff
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Only losers boo. It’s called tall poppy syndrome.

stawka
12-16-2012, 07:45 PM
I think what JB really means is: Is it acceptable for other fan bases other than Miami to boo their team on ring ceremony night after winning the title?

JordansBulls
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey... fans pay for their tickets. If they want to boo, or cheer... it's up to them. And if the team playing wants the fans to cheer for them, especially at home, give them something to cheer about.
There are of course limits to what fans get to do, but I think either cheering or booing is certainly within their rights. Using racial slurs of thowing food and drink items (or anything else for that matter) at players is of course out of line.

You cannot rest on your past accomplishments, especially when you are the champs. When you win it all, every other team in the league circles the date on the calender when they play you. They want to measure themselves against the best. You'd better be prepared to give it 100% every night.

But I would think on ring night the main goal you go is for the celebration mainly.

kblo247
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I thought they restructured ring night after that blowout . So that you can do the ceremony and still go thru warmups before the game, over warmups, ceremony, game

Cal827
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
If they had HCA then absolutely not :D