PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson on Lakers: No Bueno

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 04:07 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/13/phil-jackson-los-angeles-lakers-i-would-not-return/#ixzz2ExhBVDGr

Pretty much said he is not interested in coaching them and that he doesn't think they're championship material. Some have been speculating that the Lakers management knew this all along and have decided to feature the high scoring Kobe to save face.

Ebbs
12-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Sour grapes

NBAfan4life
12-16-2012, 04:24 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/13/phil-jackson-los-angeles-lakers-i-would-not-return/#ixzz2ExhBVDGr

Pretty much said he is not interested in coaching them and that he doesn't think they're championship material. Some have been speculating that the Lakers management knew this all along and have decided to feature the high scoring Kobe to save face.

Yeah Dnewguy the Laker management put together the most expensive roster in the history of the league because they don't think they can win. You sir are a ****** go enjoy your team rather than troll the Lakers.

Cal827
12-16-2012, 04:24 AM
Phil Jackson is Overrated.

Come at me Laker/Bull fans. I'm looking for a brawl.

waveycrockett
12-16-2012, 04:27 AM
He should coach the Clips

shep33
12-16-2012, 04:44 AM

I'm pretty sure you just made this last part up

AddiX
12-16-2012, 04:49 AM

He probably did but I loled

shep33
12-16-2012, 04:51 AM
I know we suck, but you've been baiting a lot of Laker fans lately. Don't understand your thread title either. Where does he say the Lakers are "no good"? And in Spanish?

LA4life24/8
12-16-2012, 05:04 AM
pretty sure a thread was made about this already... yes the lakers would possibly be better off with phil at this point in time, and yes he most likely is done with the lakers as kobe is most likely to retire before dantonis deal is up, with that being said:

Phil should really not coach any other team!

for those who say he should coach the clippers... does there roster look anything like a phil jackson roster?? NO!!! if anything dantoni should be coaching the clips and phil should be with the lakeshow

and agree with shep phil doesnt really say they are awful at any stretch, i believe he says something along the lines of, at this point they are not championship material or they are not playing championship bball

either way phil is a bit bitter at not getting to coach this team, as was jim buss being bitter and not hiring phil in the first place

ps the only save face reason for dantoni being hired is that his system is generally very basic and bench players/ not so well rounded players can excel in his system
why this works is that the lakers bench is kind of awful, not a lot of high bball IQ players and they needed an easy system to learn, not PHILS triangle in which a lot of starting quality players even have trouble learning

LAKERMANIA
12-16-2012, 05:11 AM

:pity:

Sactown
12-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Even if Phil did say all of that, what would you expect him to say?? "Yep the Lakers are championship material, and I don't get to coach them because the FO thought Mike D is a better coach than me!" Phil has always played head games with the media

rocketfuel
12-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Phil just tells it like it is. People call it head games, but sometimes he just says what everyone is thinking. And yes, he'd rock that roster. That roster should be tearing up the league.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Phil just tells it like it is. People call it head games, but sometimes he just says what everyone is thinking. And yes, he'd rock that roster. That roster should be tearing up the league.

So true...no one could have predicted they will start off 0-11

Jesse2272
12-16-2012, 12:57 PM

That would be awesome

raiderposting
12-16-2012, 01:00 PM
i bet secretly dnewguy would love to give kobe some brain. He hates the feelings he's having so he keeps making threads baiting kobe and the lakers so he can shield his true feelings.

Vinny642
12-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Im not surprised Jackson wouldn't want to return, they did him dirty and now are suffering

Badluck33
12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
i got into an argument with a head coach over in the Euroleague about Phil Jackson being over-rated. I said he was over-rated and he kept giving me example after example and well....

bottom line, he made me look silly.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
i bet secretly dnewguy would love to give kobe some brain. He hates the feelings he's having so he keeps making threads baiting kobe and the lakers so he can shield his true feelings.

Unfortunately Kobe does not pass his ball.

HouRealCoach
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Lololololol

KnicksorBust
12-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Let's not forget that he did retire. He may be mentaly sharp but he's got an old suffering body. I don't think him saying he's not interested anymore should shock any of us. Sure the idea of coaching Dwight Howard and Nash instead of Fisher/Bynum got him thinking again... but if there is any coach who can leave the game with a satisfied career it's PJ.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah Dnewguy the Laker management put together the most expensive roster in the history of the league because they don't think they can win. You sir are a ****** go enjoy your team rather than troll the Lakers.

I know , what a ******* that guy is.

tripleplay2007
12-16-2012, 04:17 PM

That would be great lol.

tapajafri
12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
:pity:

He is overrated though. Great coach, but overrated.

However what he is underrated for is getting bryant to play team ball from 2009-2010. Well, it wasn't really TEAM ball, it was just team ball by kobe's low standards.... and Phil managed to somehow make kobe look like a team player. Phil is a great coach just for that, because getting kobe to look like a team player (even though it's not really team basketball) is something 99% of the coaches out there can't do.

And we saw Phil's stint with the lakers come to an end in 04 because of....oh yeah.... kobe

TheMoneyTeam
12-16-2012, 04:19 PM

It seems as though you're speculating other "people's" speculation. We need to just enjoy the game of basketball before it completely tanks and let the Lakers be. There's no need to troll.

c.c.
12-16-2012, 04:46 PM
He's speaking the truth!

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
I know , what a ******* that guy is.

Why are you so mad tho!...opps, my bad, you're a Lakers fan.

xxplayerxx23
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Phil is nothing without four top 30 players in NBA history :p

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Why are you so mad tho!...opps, my bad, you're a Lakers fan.

4,561 posts and sadly 4,500 of them are about baiting kobe and the lakers!

LakersMaster24
12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I knew this thread was by dnewguy before I even clicked on it. The dude gets orgasms over anything negative concerning the Lakers.

Find a hobby or something.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
I knew this thread was by dnewguy before I even clicked on it. The dude gets orgasms over anything negative concerning the Lakers.

Find a hobby or something.

I rarely even mention the Lakers, look at my previous posts/comments...Majority of my post about the Lakers have also been positive. Try again

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:21 PM
4,561 posts and sadly 4,500 of them are about baiting kobe and the lakers!

more like 5 of them have been about the Lakers...try again!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
So um, why hasn't OP been perma yet?

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
So um, why hasn't OP been perma yet?

For what? You guys are really taking out your anger on someone else. I am not the reason your team is 4 games under .500...I created a tread about something in the Lakers forum and yet you accuse me of trolling? SMH

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
For what? You guys are really taking out your anger on someone else. I am not the reason your team is 4 games under .500...I created a tread about something in the Lakers forum and yet you accuse me of trolling? SMH

Posters like you, NYSpirit1, el hidalgo, naps, Andrew32 have been doing this crap for months now. Mods have been notified and are fully well aware of all your guys' baiting and trolling over this time period. This is nothing new. It's posters like you who are the instigators and us Lakers fans respond with one thing and get banned for it while you guys escape unscathed.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol

"Congrats for the great game today @josemcalderon8 !! Triple double and a win, you can't ask for anything else! Keep it up mate!"

instead of practicing, he's watching the Raptors while his fan base are busy screaming at me in here. SMH

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Posters like you, NYSpirit1, el hidalgo, naps, Andrew32 have been doing this crap for months now. Mods have been notified and are fully well aware of all your guys' baiting and trolling over this time period. This is nothing new. It's posters like you who are the instigators and us Lakers fans respond with one thing and get banned for it while you guys escape unscathed.

You think the moderators and the world are conspiring against you? Last I checked you don't own the Lakers, I can talk about them just as much as you can so please, enough with your little kid stuff.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol

"Congrats for the great game today @josemcalderon8 !! Triple double and a win, you can't ask for anything else! Keep it up mate!"

instead of practicing, he's watching the Raptors while his fan base are busy screaming at me in here. SMH

From yesterday:

@KevinDing of the OC Register

Good news for the Lakers: Pau Gasol got back on the court today for the first time in two weeks and successfully went through 90 minutes of running, shooting and other individual basketball drills.

He told me yesterday that he had graduated to basically no pain from the tendinitis in his knees during three days on the treadmill. Now he didn't have any problems advancing to on-court work today.

The next step will be seeing how his knees feel tomorrow after the stress of today. If things go well, Gasol could be back for the Lakers' home game against Charlotte on Tuesday -- with the next game after that not till Saturday at Golden State. about 22 hours ago

STOP TROLLING!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
You think the moderators and the world are conspiring against you? Last I checked you don't own the Lakers, I can talk about them just as much as you can so please, enough with your little kid stuff.

Nope, mods know fully well what's going on. They banned el hidalgo for his excessive trolling. They will soon ban you. Remember how one of your troll threads got completely DELETED yesterday?

Don't worry, they have full eyes on you.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:33 PM
From yesterday:

@KevinDing of the OC Register

STOP TROLLING!

Trolling who? You? I have no right to my opinion because Gasol plays for the Lakers now? Give it up already, you're looking ridiculous

Cal827
12-16-2012, 05:33 PM

Maybe the mods feel that some of you guys are overreacting to some of thier comments? I mean, I do agree that some of the mentioned posts appear to be of baiting intentions, but other times, I see them provide logical support for their argument, then just get *** on by someone like Nikdymez for not bowing down to Kobe.

You are a good fan KB and for the most part help shape the good opinion of the fanbase, but you gotta admit, there are some guys from your forum that are over the top as well. I'm not trying to judge a single team's fans as a whole; It's like that for every fanbase, but since the Lakers are a big market, it is seen a bit more often from you guys.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Nope, mods know fully well what's going on. They banned el hidalgo for his excessive trolling. They will soon ban you. Remember how one of your troll threads got completely DELETED yesterday?

You're overtly emotional...moving on.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Trolling who? You? I have no right to my opinion because Gasol plays for the Lakers now? Give it up already, you're looking ridiculous

You're not even knowledgeable. You don't even know when Pau practiced and you're like 'oh well Lakers fans should be mad at Pau'

The hell is wrong with you son!?!? You're more obsessed with the Lakers than you are with your own team. You contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on PSD. You have been, are and will ALWAYS BE THE BIGGEST TROLL OF THEM ALL. You're like the Michael Jordan and Hulk Hogan of Trolls on PSD.

Cal827
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
You're not even knowledgeable. You don't even know when Pau practiced and you're like 'oh well Lakers fans should be mad at Pau'

The hell is wrong with you son!?!? You're more obsessed with the Lakers than you are with your own team. You contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on PSD. You have been, are and will ALWAYS BE THE BIGGEST TROLL OF THEM ALL. You're like the Michael Jordan and Hulk Hogan of Trolls on PSD.

:laugh:

DoMeFavors vs Dnewguy 2013 :dance:

Winner gets the troll title.... Loser leaves PSD for good!

Oh wait...

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Maybe the mods feel that some of you guys are overreacting to some of thier comments? I mean, I do agree that some of the mentioned posts appear to be of baiting intentions, but other times, I see them provide logical support for their argument, then just get *** on by someone like Nikdymez for not bowing down to Kobe.

You are a good fan KB and for the most part help shape the good opinion of the fanbase, but you gotta admit, there are some guys from your forum that are over the top as well. I'm not trying to judge a single team's fans as a whole; It's like that for every fanbase, but since the Lakers are a big market, it is seen a bit more often from you guys.

You're right Cal827, there are a couple of Laker fans like that, and I know who you're talking about, but they most come in and respond to the troll threads and posts and all hell breaks loose. Rarely are they the ones initiating the trolling around here.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM

The irony, you spend all day insulting me personally and yet I am the troll.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
:laugh:

DoMeFavors vs Dnewguy 2013 :dance:

Winner gets the troll title.... Loser leaves PSD for good!

Oh wait...

Tbh, DMF's comments are kinda way over the top, but the guy does not have a seething hate for other fan bases. He just likes to raise the esteem of his own team. He's actually entertaining and he means not ill intent or malice. But dnewguy, well yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone knows his reputation. And I've heard it's been going on for yrs now.

dnewguy
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
You're right Cal827, there are a couple of Laker fans like that, and I know who you're talking about, but they most come in and respond to the troll threads and posts and all hell breaks loose. Rarely are they the ones initiating the trolling around here.

i've reported you btw, i'll let the mods be the judge.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:40 PM
The irony, you spend all day insulting me personally and yet I am the troll.

Personally? I haven't insulted you dnewguy.

Did I say anything about your family members? No

Did I say anything about you personally? No

I am simply calling you the biggest Troll here. Why you are so well protected here is beyond my understanding.

Anyways, I'm done with you as well. May the Mods of PSD and God have mercy on your soul.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM

Yes, let them decide, because I honestly haven't insulted or baited or trolled in this thread at all. You're the one assuming wrong things, always brining Kobe into a negative light, and then out of nowhere, you start talking about Pau Gasol and giving false news about him and saying that Lakers fans should be pissed at him.

Cal827

:facepalm:

ILLUSIONIST^248
I rarely even mention the Lakers, look at my previous posts/comments...Majority of my post about the Lakers have also been positive. Try again

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanks Cal827, I might not converse with you much, but it's good to see that you and a few others here have my back. Much appreciated.

This TROLL in particular MUST BE STOPPED NOW!!!!!!

ILLUSIONIST^248

You start a thread to be a troll and now your reporting people . I'm guessing your in your teens still.

Cal827
Unfortunately Kobe does not pass his ball.

Knowing that he gets about 5.0 assists per game in his career, isn't this comment considered trolling/baiting?

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Knowing that he gets about 5.0 assists per game in his career, isn't this comment considered trolling/baiting?

Sure is!

Cal827
12-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol

How about this one? You think players don't watch other players ball when they are off? I'm sure Lebron has watched Durant and Vice Versa on the off days. Hell, they probably call or text each other saying, you had a great game. These guys are friends; that's what friends do. A shout-out is harmless. It's not like he said, "can't wait to be on your team!"

Also, Gasol is hurt, no? You expect him to be practicing 24 hours on damaged Knees?

Cal827
12-16-2012, 05:48 PM

Finally, this one. This one is just asking for trouble, literally. I'm going to report this poster for intentional trolling. :D

..... Oh Wait....

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:48 PM
How about this one? You think players don't watch other players ball when they are off? I'm sure Lebron has watched Durant and Vice Versa on the off days. Hell, they probably call or text each other saying, you had a great game. These guys are friends; that's what friends do. A shout-out is harmless. It's not like he said, "can't wait to be on your team!"

It's not even that. He misinforms other posters making other players and team's fan bases look bad. I proved to him that Pau was practicing hard running up and down the floor for 90 minutes, so why should Lakers fans be pissed at Pau when he's trying his hardest to come back from injury?

He changed the topic from Phil and Kobe to now Pau and Lakers fans.

Trolling at its best.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Finally, this one. This one is just asking for trouble, literally. I'm going to report this poster for intentional trolling. :D

..... Oh Wait....

And we know that you're intent was joking, especially with the smily face, so no one is going to react to it crazily other than maybe a chuckle here or there.

LakersMaster24
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Wasn't dnewguy supposed to perma ban himself after Dallas beat Heat?

Sssmush
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM

as they go into the fancy wine-bar restaurant to whine about how unfair it all is, and plot ways for Phil to get back into power as head coach/GM/owner

Philapsychosis
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM

Haha these little tirades are the corniest things I have read in a while. The mods are onto you man, that's some serious business. You come off like a child. It's a message board. Maybe it would actually be a positive thing for some of you to get banned. It doesn't seem like you guys get out much.

SwatTeam
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I just read 2 pages from 2 trolls arguing about who's more of a troll. You're both trolls. Accept it. Live the Troll dream. Fight for your troll causes. March the capital with hands firmly clasped together and make sure your troll voices are heard. The problem with the troll community today is that there is too much troll on troll crime. If the trolls can work together to annoy people then the world will be a more annoying place to live. The mind of a troll is a terrible thing to waste.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Wasn't dnewguy supposed to perma ban himself after Dallas beat Heat?

Lol really? Why

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Haha these little tirades are the corniest things I have read in a while. The mods are onto you man, that's some serious business. You come off like a child. It's a message board. Maybe it would actually be a positive thing for some of you to get banned. It doesn't seem like you guys get out much.

I can't stop laughing at that sig.:laugh:

madvillian9
12-16-2012, 07:00 PM

Go get laid man

madvillian9
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Lol really? Why

He had a bet with whoever, no clue who at this point, and if the heat lost, dnewguy had to walk away forever from PSD and vice versa if dallas lost for the other guy. Obviously dnewguy didn't honor his bet. Says it all.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Go get laid man

C'mon man, really? :pity:

ElChinoLatino
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Personally? I haven't insulted you dnewguy.

Did I say anything about your family members? No

Did I say anything about you personally? No

I am simply calling you the biggest Troll here. Why you are so well protected here is beyond my understanding.

Anyways, I'm done with you as well. May the Mods of PSD and God have mercy on your soul.

This is so cute. You two should get married.

Cracka2HI!
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
i got into an argument with a head coach over in the Euroleague about Phil Jackson being over-rated. I said he was over-rated and he kept giving me example after example and well....

bottom line, he made me look silly.I don't necessarily think he's overrated, but it's really easy not to look silly in argument about him being overrated.

Phil is nothing without four top 30 players in NBA history :p
There it is. No coach has ever coached greater player except maybe Auerbach. They are great coaches but it is no coincidence that the team coaches who coached the greatest players lead in Championships.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
He had a bet with whoever, no clue who at this point, and if the heat lost, dnewguy had to walk away forever from PSD and vice versa if dallas lost for the other guy. Obviously dnewguy didn't honor his bet. Says it all.

Lol wow, Everyone should put him on the ignore list then as if he was banned. Who does that and has the balls to keep showing their face ?

JdKing7
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM

Lol seriously. I can't help but to laugh at that. WTF was he thinking.

madvillian9
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Lol wow, Everyone should put him on the ignore list then as if he was banned. Who does that and has the balls to keep showing their face ?

I just don't think that many people really care about him at this point. Guys like the one is this thread need to learn to ignore him.

BullsFTW
12-16-2012, 09:51 PM

He did have talented teams, and coached the three most dominant players in their era at their primes (Jordan, Shaq, & Kobe). So no argument for me.

croce_99
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Majority of the posts are off topic. If a lakers mod wants to open it back up, feel free