PDA

View Full Version : Tom Thibodeau and Bulls Management in a 'Cold War' as Thibs Plays Starters Heavy Min.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2012, 07:08 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Bulls management is unhappy with the way Tom Thibodeau plays his starters heavy minutes, leading one insider to say that the two factions are locked in a "cold war." Thibodeau's bosses should remember that the Spurs loaded up Tim Duncan's minutes early in his career, and he has to do the same with some of his players as he tries to continue to win without Derrick Rose.

rocket
12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
ok

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 07:23 PM
They are really going to argue with what he's done for that organization thus far?

nycericanguy
12-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I mean he's riding Noah & Deng like freakin secretariet!

Bulls shoulda kept Asik, they let him go and now have no backup C, yet they pay $8-9m per for a 5ppg 28 year old bench player with little upside...:facepalm:

JordansBulls
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Well this is from hoopshype.

tripleplay2007
12-15-2012, 07:45 PM
ok

****** post whore.

Sactown
12-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Kings trade Keith Smart plus John Salmons 4 Thibs, gives the Bulls a SG.

smiddy012
12-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Bulls shoulda kept Asik, they let him go and now have no backup C, yet they pay $8-9m per for a 5ppg 28 year old bench player with little upside...:facepalm:

Boozer sucks at defense, we'll probably amnesty him soon, Taj is all-NBA 2nd team at defense (without even getting starter's minutes). Asik is good, but Noah's beasting this season, and he'll be here longer than Boozer.

Try having a clue before you liberally use the facepalm that you deserve.

justinnum1
12-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Eh. Not an issue. Thibs is legit.

JasonJohnHorn
12-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Chicago is at the top of the central division right now when most people thought they would likely be a lottery team without Rose. I'd have to say he's been doing a pretty phuqing great job with the limited tools he has.

But Bulls management has been known to cut their losses. This happened in the 80's when Jordan was out most of the season and they didn't want him to come back because they figured they weren't in a position to win it all regardless and sooner would have gotten a high pick to place alongside Jordan. Jordon talked about this on Letterman years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vxRSn_qqc
(jump to 1.55 in the video to hear Jordan talking about it)
So yeah... Bulls management will give up on a season. And they are more than happy to fire a coach who is doing a good job. Just ask Doug Collins.

akagiredsuns
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM

Do u hear yourself when u talk? Wow just :facepalm:

ChiSox219
12-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Chicago is at the top of the central division right now when most people thought they would likely be a lottery team without Rose. I'd have to say he's been doing a pretty phuqing great job with the limited tools he has.

But Bulls management has been known to cut their losses. This happened in the 80's when Jordan was out most of the season and they didn't want him to come back because they figured they weren't in a position to win it all regardless and sooner would have gotten a high pick to place alongside Jordan. Jordon talked about this on Letterman years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vxRSn_qqc
(jump to 1.55 in the video to hear Jordan talking about it)
So yeah... Bulls management will give up on a season. And they are more than happy to fire a coach who is doing a good job. Just ask Doug Collins.

But Bulls management didn't give up on the season, they kept their overpriced core together and replaced their bench with spare parts in hopes that they could be competitive until Derrick returns. Why they wouldn't expect the starters to get heavy minutes with a weaker bench is beyond me.

effen5
12-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Yeah we've had salmons before, no thanks

waveycrockett
12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
WTF is wrong with the Bulls FO/Ownership and their history of horrible relationships with GREAT coaches?? Doug Collins, Phil Jackson and now Thibs? I hope they piss this guy off enough for him to leave

shep33
12-15-2012, 08:11 PM
I love Pau, but I'd trade Pau for Thibs lol. Thibs + Dwight and Metta= :drool:

waveycrockett
12-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I love Pau, but I'd trade Pau for Thibs lol. Thibs + Dwight and Metta= :drool:

I honestly think Thibs is going to be the HC of the Lakers next year. Dont see him dealing with BS of Bulls ownership anymore

ZebraCity916
12-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Do u hear yourself when u talk? Wow just :facepalm:

It was sarcasm.

Sactown
12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah we've had salmons before, no thanks

I was joking lol, I was hoping the bulls would do the same as the Kings, get him again when he's older and paid more lol.

Sactown
12-15-2012, 08:19 PM
It was sarcasm.

It's okay Zebra! Let them think I'm serious, It's step #1 under plans to rule the world!

BcEuAbRsS
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I honestly think Thibs is going to be the HC of the Lakers next year. Dont see him dealing with BS of Bulls ownership anymore

What? If Thibs had doubts about the FO he wouldn't of just signed his new deal.

effen5
12-15-2012, 08:33 PM

:facepalm: he just signed a new contract

el hidalgo
12-15-2012, 08:33 PM

what? bulls FO is notorious for being one of the best and most loyal. reinsdorf always has his old players and coaches covered. pure ignorance right here

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-15-2012, 09:13 PM
:facepalm: he just signed a new contract

He's doesn't watch basketball. He takes random shots hoping he's right.

ManRam
12-15-2012, 09:30 PM

I think those thoughts were off base to start with. Rose is integral to that team, but not as integral as that defense is. THey're still the league's best defensive team (maybe second), and that alone will usually get you into the playoffs. The bench was overhauled, but they brought in some capable sparkplugs.

Thibs should be allowed to do whatever he wants. He's one of the league's very best. I get why it could be worrisome, but whatever. Deng and Noah are really the only guys getting a ton of run. Noah can handle it...Deng is a bit more fragile. But whatever. Deng's used to it by now. Thibs is trying to win games.

Seems like an overblown story. The Bulls have a great FO, and Thibs is a great coach. It can't be this bad.

THE MTL
12-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Its the Bulls organization fault! They were cheap and wanted to tank; therefore didnt resign any of their quality free agents but instead picked up vet min crap. THibs has no choice but to play his starters big minutes. You gave him no choice but not adding additional help knowing that Rose was going to miss majority of the season.

nytunnelvision
12-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Hahaha. Does he also tell them "Lets go lets go lets gooooo!"

effen5
12-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Its the Bulls organization fault! They were cheap and wanted to tank; therefore didnt resign any of their quality free agents but instead picked up vet min crap. THibs has no choice but to play his starters big minutes. You gave him no choice but not adding additional help knowing that Rose was going to miss majority of the season.

They didn't want to tank, they needed to unload money. Our bench is actually playing pretty damn well right now. Besides its not like luol isn't used to this. He played a ton of minutes last year as well.

Bulls_fan90
12-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Eh. Not an issue. Thibs is legit.

Yup. Bulls management should be thanking their lucky stars Thibs is the Bulls coach.

TeamSeattle
12-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Hahaha. Does he also tell them "Lets go lets go lets gooooo!"

Dantoni FTW

THE MTL
12-16-2012, 12:35 AM
They didn't want to tank, they needed to unload money. Our bench is actually playing pretty damn well right now. Besides its not like luol isn't used to this. He played a ton of minutes last year as well.

You know why cause ur cheap @$$ organization didnt want to pay a penny on the luxury tax. Seriously keeping your guys would have cost you maybe 2 million in taxes. But then again, since the luxury tax was created the Bulls is one of 2 organizations to have NEVER paid the tax

AddiX
12-16-2012, 12:40 AM
I agree with bulls management, rose was laboring, was clearly over used, fighting injuries, thib used him till roses body gave out.

MR.TRIPDUB
12-16-2012, 01:02 AM
I think those thoughts were off base to start with. Rose is integral to that team, but not as integral as that defense is. THey're still the league's best defensive team (maybe second), and that alone will usually get you into the playoffs. The bench was overhauled, but they brought in some capable sparkplugs.

Thibs should be allowed to do whatever he wants. He's one of the league's very best. I get why it could be worrisome, but whatever. Deng and Noah are really the only guys getting a ton of run. Noah can handle it...Deng is a bit more fragile. But whatever. Deng's used to it by now. Thibs is trying to win games.

Seems like an overblown story. The Bulls have a great FO, and Thibs is a great coach. It can't be this bad.

Thibs' Chicago = Larry Brown's sixers

flclfanman
12-16-2012, 01:26 AM
This wouldn't be a big deal if we kept Asik.

I know Thibs is a grinder, but look at what he's done this year:

No Rose

No Rip

Virtually no Hinrinch and we're 4 games above .500

flclfanman
12-16-2012, 01:44 AM
You know why cause ur cheap @$$ organization didnt want to pay a penny on the luxury tax. Seriously keeping your guys would have cost you maybe 2 million in taxes. But then again, since the luxury tax was created the Bulls is one of 2 organizations to have NEVER paid the tax

The FO is bound by what the owner wants to do. Reinsdorf doesn't want to go over the cap. I'm sure the Bulls would spend money to get better, but they cant if the owner doesn't want to

effen5
12-16-2012, 01:47 AM

Cheap *** or smart? Because the Knicks have been over the luxury cap the last decade and has only had one decent season...this one.

sep11ie
12-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Ok, so he likes to win. What a bad coach.

Captain Moroni
12-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Thibs is great, no one is opposing that. But ownership has every right to criticize him overusing his players. They do own the team.

DeyAce
12-16-2012, 02:07 AM
all he does is win

SDBearsFan
12-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Frankly, the source of this makes it a non-story.

It's simple, people: Reinsdorf is a cheap *** bastard, GarPax get Thibs garbage to stay under the cap, Thibs pushes back by making the starters grind out minutes, and Derrick Rose rides in on a unicorn to save the day. Nothing to see here, folks.

Shammyguy3
12-16-2012, 03:25 AM

The Bulls are currently set to pay the luxury tax, just over $3M actually (and that's without keeping those guys, by the way --- all of which have been replaced just fine outside of Asik, but that's allowing Noah to play a lot more which is good). So, explain how they're cheap please.

pd1dish
12-16-2012, 12:48 PM

what...???? he just signed a contract extension for 4 years...hes not going to leave. btw, Jeremy Lin sucks

Badluck33
12-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Heres the thing...

The Bulls practices are what are labor intensive. Not the games. In fact....

Luol Deng said before that he don't care about the minutes played. The games are easy for him because the practices are so difficult.

&

former bull C.J. Watson:

Watson may not have shed much light on his offseason comment about Rose, but left no doubt when asked if he missed Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau's practices.

"No," he said. "Not at all. I like these 30, 45-minute practices."

effen5
12-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Heres the thing...

The Bulls practices are what are labor intensive. Not the games. In fact....

Luol Deng said before that he don't care about the minutes played. The games are easy for him because the practices are so difficult.

&

former bull C.J. Watson:

Probably why they are so average

rickshaw
12-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Boozer sucks at defense, we'll probably amnesty him soon, Taj is all-NBA 2nd team at defense (without even getting starter's minutes). Asik is good, but Noah's beasting this season, and he'll be here longer than Boozer.

Try having a clue before you liberally use the facepalm that you deserve.

Taj is all-NBA second team at defense?

effen5
12-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Taj is all-NBA second team at defense?

No he's not.

CavsYanksDuke
12-16-2012, 01:37 PM
ok

Are you happy with that post? Do you think countless people read that and thought, "OMG! THAT GUY IS SO ORIGINAL AND HILARIOUS!"

No, they and I view you as an annoying nuisance that contributes nothing to these boards except the departure of exasperated posters who take the time to put together a coherent thought only for an imbecile to simply respond with an "ok" like the subject has nothing to do with sports. This is a huge issue, as their best player is out, and it raises several worthwhile basketball strategy discussions.

But hey, you're the coolest guy on PSD, so I'll let it slide.

Bulls_fan90
12-17-2012, 07:26 AM
Cheap *** or smart? Because the Knicks have been over the luxury cap the last decade and has only had one decent season...this one.

You win young fella, you win. :burn:

Muttman73
12-17-2012, 02:53 PM

wrong...wrong, um wrong

stick to what you know, the Knicks, whatever...