PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio making season debut tonight

chicagocubsfan
12-15-2012, 05:37 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8749595

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Saw this earlier. Sucks that it's against Dallas.

topdog
12-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Ru-bi-o! Ru-bi-o! Ru-bi-o! Ru-bi-o!

:cheer:

HYFR
12-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Good for him

HYFR
12-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Hope he stays healthy

lilchuckdoubles
12-15-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RYlKOecCSM

Chronz
12-15-2012, 06:26 PM
I feel like hes overrated, I felt robbed that we never got to see him come back down to earth after a hot start (though we were beginning to see it happen). Could be wrong tho

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 06:44 PM
I feel like hes overrated, I felt robbed that we never got to see him come back down to earth after a hot start (though we were beginning to see it happen). Could be wrong tho

Trolls willl troll

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2012, 06:44 PM

I don't think Hawkeye would appreciate this post. :laugh2:

Chronz
12-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Trolls willl troll

A Minny fan that doesnt welcome criticism to Ricky Rubio. No ****ing way!!!

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 06:51 PM
A Minny fan that doesnt welcome criticism to Ricky Rubio. No ****ing way!!!

You said he inevitably would have came back down to earth if he stayed healthy with absolutely nothing to back it up, how else should I take it?

Chronz
12-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't think Hawkeye would appreciate this post. :laugh2:

All Im saying is that there was a difference between Rubio's first 21 games and his next 20.

Through his first 21 games he had TS% of .500 an offensive rtg of 104, it dropped to .450 and 96 respectively to finish the season, all while getting less assists and more turnovers.

They did try to play him too much at SG so thats probably the main reason but still, his shooting was hot for someone who was never a consistent shooter before that span. Hes still a defensive stud, Im just saying I think hes a tad overrated.

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 06:54 PM
All Im saying is that there was a difference between Rubio's first 21 games and his next 20.

Through his first 21 games he had TS% of .500 an offensive rtg of 104, it dropped to .450 and 96 respectively to finish the season, all while getting less assists and more turnovers.

They did try to play him too much at SG so thats probably the main reason but still, his shooting was hot for someone who was never a consistent shooter before that span. Hes still a defensive stud, Im just saying I think hes a tad overrated.

That's fair.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2012, 06:54 PM

I do wonder how he's going to look after time off from the ACL tear.

Chronz
12-15-2012, 06:55 PM
You said he inevitably would have came back down to earth if he stayed healthy with absolutely nothing to back it up, how else should I take it?

I never said inevitably, I said I FELT we never saw him come down to earth. And its not based on nothing, its based on what little I knew of him before the NBA and how his shooting progressively worsened as the year went on.

I think its fair to question just who he is as a player at this point.

Should take some time to get up to speed again but it wont exonerate everything forever. I was having serious doubts before he got injured.

mngopher35
12-15-2012, 06:56 PM

Overrated by some, yes. Where do you see him as a player? I believe his passing ability and court vision rank up there near the top (and in his prime I think he could/will be best in the league in these areas). On top of this he has good defense and can create steals and charges without gambling too often. That being said he's not a top 10 pg yet and his scoring is pretty horrible. He needs to learn to finish at the hoop and/or get a go to scoring option (like a floater) to help him in the lane. He can shoot the 3 at an ok rate but it will never be a huge positive and I could even see his percent drop a little from last year. If he can figure out a way to score more efficiently I think he could end up being a top 5 pg in the league in his prime or better (big if, we need to see how he develops his game). I think he understands the game very well and if healthy should be able to at the very least turn into a top 10 pg within a couple years. Is this somewhat how you see him or do you believe it's overrating him?

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 06:56 PM

It'll take him a while to get up to full speed. I would expect a few threads saying that Rubio has lost his touch before late January. Or maybe he will surprise all of us and come storming out of the gate. Every guy comes back form these types of injuries in different ways.

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 06:58 PM
I never said inevitably, I said I FELT we never saw him come down to earth. And its not based on nothing, its based on what little I knew of him before the NBA and how his shooting progressively worsened as the year went on.

I think its fair to question just who he is as a player at this point.

Should take some time to get up to speed again but it wont exonerate everything forever. I was having serious doubts before he got injured.

To be fair, you didn't say the word "inevitable", but you sure implied it was inevitable. Sure he regressed a little, but he also improved in some areas, namely his defense.

JesusNYY_Savior
12-15-2012, 07:12 PM
i love the kids game.. and i am very excited to see that he is healthy again.. I hope some timberwolves games are nationally televised because i could watch rubio run the point all day

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 07:13 PM
i thought love came back WAY TOO EARLY.

his shooting stroke is WAY off

imo rubio is probably coming back too early too, should have waited until both were 100%

Chronz
12-15-2012, 07:19 PM
To be fair, you didn't say the word "inevitable", but you sure implied it was inevitable. Sure he regressed a little, but he also improved in some areas, namely his defense.

Agreed, Im as interested in seeing his defense as I am seeing his offensive improvements. The defensive numbers were staggering, I see alot of Kidd comparisons on that end, only better at defending 1's. I would agree with that based on initial impressions, which is something I wouldnt have believed before he came to the NBA so maybe Im wrong about his shooting as well. Im just not a fan of steady downward spirals in offensive efficiency.

topdog
12-15-2012, 07:24 PM
i thought love came back WAY TOO EARLY.

his shooting stroke is WAY off

imo rubio is probably coming back too early too, should have waited until both were 100%

Love had to come back - too many other bodies going down. That said, he needs to adjust to be limited and take few shots especially outside of 10-15 feet.

iamsteel
12-15-2012, 07:26 PM
He won't play more than 15 minutes anyway. He needs to be slowly injected into the lineup. Still exciting.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Rubio is not overrated. The kids a stud. Just give him a chance and he'll prove you wrong .

Hawkeye15
12-15-2012, 08:34 PM

His defense isn't overrated, and he did in fact make Pek and others better. But his horrific scoring ability (or disability?) basically offset him improving anyone else on that end. At this point, until he proves he can keep defenses honest and finish at the rim even a little bit, yes, his overall game is overrated.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Agreed, Im as interested in seeing his defense as I am seeing his offensive improvements. The defensive numbers were staggering, I see alot of Kidd comparisons on that end, only better at defending 1's. I would agree with that based on initial impressions, which is something I wouldnt have believed before he came to the NBA so maybe Im wrong about his shooting as well. Im just not a fan of steady downward spirals in offensive efficiency.

Teams started planning for him more, his shooting and finishing ability were exposed. Supposedly he has been working with Porter on his shot, but don't we hear that about every player and their weakness when they aren't playing? Proof will be in the pudding.

I do want to see him and Shved with each other on the floor. Both amazing passers, great at tempo, ball handling, and Shved can shoot lights out, something he is slowly showing after his opening 8 game crap-a-thon at shooting.

Taimla
12-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Lol just turned on Wolves game and it didn't take long til Rubio made me smile :D Welcome back.

Chronz
12-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Hes tearing it up right now

thechom80
12-15-2012, 09:48 PM
That pass to Steamer. Wow.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2012, 09:55 PM
his passing instincts are stupid good

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-15-2012, 09:57 PM

Agreed.

JLynn943
12-15-2012, 10:09 PM

He's no JJ BAREA though

/balkis

Hawkeye15
12-15-2012, 10:11 PM
He's no JJ BAREA though

/balkis

haha, right?

Barea is the absolute worst post feeder I have seen in the pro's. He has zip timing, and throws it straight into traffic. His skip passes (when he does actually pass), are good.

THE MTL
12-16-2012, 12:11 AM
People now realize why Rucky Rubio is the true franchise player in Minny. No love? No problem against a pretty good team in Dallas.

18minutes and gets 9 assists! His stats arent empty folks.

b@llhog24
12-16-2012, 12:15 AM
People now realize why Rucky Rubio is the true franchise player in Minny. No love? No problem against a pretty good team in Dallas.

Figured you would show up here.

heyman321
12-16-2012, 12:17 AM
JJ Barea is better. He's better than Kevin Love.

seikou8
12-16-2012, 12:26 AM

:facepalm:

Cal827
12-16-2012, 12:30 AM
JJ Barea is better. He's better than Kevin Love.

"JJ Barea is better than the Love Child of Lebron James and Michael Jordan on Steroids."

Balkis2k12

Sota4Ever
12-16-2012, 12:37 AM
I see Balkis had a lasting effect on all of us.

heyman321
12-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Man is there a video replay where Rubio passed it NO LOOK BEHIND THE BACK THROUGH ELTON BRAND'S LEGS?!? That was dirty.

THE MTL
12-16-2012, 12:43 AM
:facepalm:

You might not believe me, but wait till the end of the season. Ricky Rubio is the Steve Nash to the Wolves, and Love is the running mate PF. If the Wolves ever want to go anywhere, it will be Rubio who leads them. His leadership intangibility and passing skills are top tier

Sota4Ever
12-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Who cares who is number 1 or number 2. They are both critical to us getting into the playoffs and also making a run in the playoffs. This Love crap has gotten out of control.

Sactown
12-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Love gets so much hate, people would like him more if he just didn't get so many rebounds lol.

Sota4Ever
12-16-2012, 12:50 AM
It is getting crazy now. Go on the wolves board.

THE MTL
12-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Love gets so much hate, people would like him more if he just didn't get so many rebounds lol.

I just think he's vastly overrated. Top 10 NBA player? Elite player? Best PF in the league?

No I would like him more if a 40pt 20reb game from him actually resulted in a win. You're teammates might suck, but get them involved.

Rubio has the same teammates as Love, but can get 9 assists from them in 18min!!!! Now I know Love is not the PG (imma repeat that for the idiot who quotes me about Love not being the PG).....but what I'm just trying to do is put things in perspective. A franchise player is supposed to make others around him better

THE MTL
12-16-2012, 12:56 AM
It is getting crazy now. Go on the wolves board.

Nah, because all of Wolves fans are going to gang up on me for talking about your guy Kevin Love lol. I know better than that.

But honestly, I just want you to check back with me at the end of the season, when the Wolves are in the playoffs (which I believe they will). You'll see Ricky Rubio being that reason and I also predict a decline in Love's stats too.

Hellcrooner
12-16-2012, 01:04 AM
18 minutes 8 points 9 assists 4 rebounds 3 steals?

Man, ive missed this guy.
Who was laughin the other day at the notion that Rubio is one of the posible candidates for a 4 double one of these days?

thechom80
12-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Nah, because all of Wolves fans are going to gang up on me for talking about your guy Kevin Love lol. I know better than that.

But honestly, I just want you to check back with me at the end of the season, when the Wolves are in the playoffs (which I believe they will). You'll see Ricky Rubio being that reason and I also predict a decline in Love's stats too.

Since we've all been talking equal, if not more **** about KLove, you're probably safe to pay a visit. I will say though, we all need to calm down on the Love ********. (Wolves fans included) So stoked that Ricky is back. He makes everyone, including Love better (Love does the same for Ricky).

Wickyyyy Wuuuuubio!!!

STL Don
12-16-2012, 04:41 AM
The Timberwolves are not my team but I do love this league and I can admit that I'm very happy to see Rubio back. I was very impressed with the off-season they had and I have high expectations for them.
First, it starts with Rubio and Love, their two very most important players. Now that they're back and healthy, they can really get the ball rolling. Fortunately for them, they signed AK-47 in the offseason bringing him back into the NBA, and he really did a lot of good for the team while there two best players were out. Thanks to him and a few others, the Timberwolves are still very much alive and are looking at there 1st playoff birth in quite some time.

Glad to see Rubio have a nice game off the bench, those T-Wolves are loaded with PG's. I wish they'd help the Lakers out and spare us one of them, any one of them, they can either pick themselves, or from a hat, i don't even care lol.

PurpleJesus
12-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Rubio is seriously something special.

Oefarmy2005
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
The Timberwolves are not my team but I do love this league and I can admit that I'm very happy to see Rubio back. I was very impressed with the off-season they had and I have high expectations for them.
First, it starts with Rubio and Love, their two very most important players. Now that they're back and healthy, they can really get the ball rolling. Fortunately for them, they signed AK-47 in the offseason bringing him back into the NBA, and he really did a lot of good for the team while there two best players were out. Thanks to him and a few others, the Timberwolves are still very much alive and are looking at there 1st playoff birth in quite some time.

Glad to see Rubio have a nice game off the bench, those T-Wolves are loaded with PG's. I wish they'd help the Lakers out and spare us one of them, any one of them, they can either pick themselves, or from a hat, i don't even care lol.

We'll give you Barea or Ridnour for Jordan hill.