PDA

View Full Version : Report: 76ers looking to acquire starting Center, may trade Andrew Bynum

Fresno
12-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Buzz: Bynum is still experiencing left knee pain that has kept him from making his debut with the Sixers, but is hopeful he can return sometime in 2013. He becomes a free agent at the end of the season and was expected to command a five-year contract approaching $100 million. His health problems threaten to substantially reduce that number.

One NBA general manager said the Sixers have been making trade inquiries about adding a starting caliber center.

"They got to be a little panicked now," one GM said. "They could get a really interesting deal for him. I could see them doing that."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s-top-trade-candidates-000418190.html

If Bynum wont play this season and they dont want to commit financially to him, why not see if they can get good assets from a team willing to take a risk?

Spimtrap
12-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Bynum's knees are such a shame. I was really excited for his debut with Holiday and Turner, especially with Holiday's emergence and Turner's improvement this year.

tapajafri
12-15-2012, 03:06 PM
No surprise here.... and probably a good move for the 76ers. The guy is always hurt, and doesn't even care for the game of basketball anyways. No passion, no leadership, bad teammate, etc. No reliability. Too bad too because he's a talented player.

SportsFanatic10
12-15-2012, 03:09 PM
lol...brutal, i feel bad for them. his value has really taken a hit.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Pure speculation. In a few days, Rob Thorn will come out and deny this.

tapajafri
12-15-2012, 03:13 PM

May be speculation, but it's something the 76ers should highly consider.

shep33
Dallas maybe? Kaman + fillers?

bucketss
you're not allowed to trade injured players right?

LA RO
12-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Who would give him 100 million dollar deal?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2012, 03:16 PM
I think you are unless the team that is trading for that injured player waives the right to do a physical?

Maybe someone can check up on that?

Dwight was still injured when he was traded to the Lakers.

Green_Monster
12-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Dallas maybe? Kaman + fillers?

No way. He's injured, but is still very good.

Fresno
12-15-2012, 03:17 PM
As long as the team waives the physical knowing the player is injured.

29$JerZ
12-15-2012, 03:19 PM
If the team that traded away Iggy and a Pick for him doesn't want to keep him and has Brown/Hawes as their Center that should be a red flag for every other trade partner.

They are pretty much stuck with him or they will not re-up him.

FOXHOUND
12-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I feel deeply sorry for whichever team ends up stuck with Bynum. Cut your losses Philly, the guy is a bum.

Fresno
12-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Who would give him 100 million dollar deal?

The only team who can give him a $100 Million dollar deal is Philadelphia.

There is no way at this point they even give him $70 Million, but some team will.

shep33
12-15-2012, 03:20 PM
No way. He's injured, but is still very good.

It's a pretty bad injury though. Considering he has 2 bad knees now that are already arthritic, his value is dropping pretty fast. Also there are issues with his attitude that might scare some teams.

I'm a big fan of Drew, love his game, but paying him 60-100 mill is a scary scenario.

Fresno
12-15-2012, 03:23 PM
If the team that traded away Iggy and a Pick for him doesn't want to keep him and has Brown/Hawes as their Center that should be a red flag for every other trade partner.

Philly only gave up Iggy(who they had shopped for years), an unproven Maurice Harkless, & an unproven Nikola Vucevic. That is great value for Bynum assuming they can flip him for someone useful.

Miami is the one who has their 1st round pick this year from the Arnett Moultrie trade.

Green_Monster
12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
It's a pretty bad injury though. Considering he has 2 bad knees now that are already arthritic, his value is dropping pretty fast. Also there are issues with his attitude that might scare some teams.

I'm a big fan of Drew, love his game, but paying him 60-100 mill is a scary scenario.

Yeah, he won't get the money he wants until he proves he is healthy and plays well.

But I don't think a deal with Kaman as the main piece would work for a guy who people said was the 2nd best Center in the league last year.

29$JerZ
12-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Philly only gave up Iggy(who they had shopped for years), an unproven Maurice Harkless, & an unproven Nikola Vucevic. That is great value for Bynum assuming they can flip him for someone useful.

Miami is the one who has their 1st round pick this year from the Arnett Moultrie trade.

It was a good trade for Philly because they have wanted t let Iggy go for a while now and Evan Turner has room to grow alone.

I don't know how much they'll get from Bynum though.
He is reaching Greg Oden status with his injuries. He'll probably get picked up if Philly waives him or just declines maxing him out but I don't see anyone trading anything for him.

NYYCowboys
12-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Bynum for Amare :laugh2: :hide:

DeyAce
12-15-2012, 03:35 PM
His knees are cashed. Who would want him?

ichitownclowni
12-15-2012, 03:38 PM

This

king4day
12-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I'd trade Gortat for him in some kind of deal. Worst case, he walks and we continue to rebuild.

nycericanguy
12-15-2012, 03:48 PM

That's a hell of a package, all young players are "unproven".

You make it seem like PHI gave up nothing...lol. 3 1st rounders (2 just outside the lottery) and a 28 year old All star is ALOT!

Yes PHI probably needed to move on from Iggy, but they could at the very least have gotten Afflalo and a 1st from him for DEN if they dealt with them directly. And AAA would have been such a great fit in PHI, along with keeping Vujovic, Harkless and their pick.

nycericanguy
12-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I wonder if CLE would take a chance on Bynum and trade Varajo?

Bynum & Irving would be a nightmare together if Bynum ever got healthy.

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 03:53 PM
ugh he is such a ?. I mean would I like a guy of his talent in Dallas hell yes. But his injuries character at this point has me hoping we stay clear.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm wondering if this is smoke screen. Maybe Bynum doesn't want to play in Philly, he let it be known to the Sixers, and stayed injured. I mean he went for the treatment after the trade right?

FOXHOUND
12-15-2012, 03:54 PM
They're looking for a starting center, which Vucevic is proving to be in Orlando. He's also only 22-years old. Orlando has proven to be a genius in taking him instead of Bynum lol, go figure.

FOXHOUND
12-15-2012, 03:58 PM
ugh he is such a ?. I mean would I like a guy of his talent in Dallas hell yes. But his injuries character at this point has me hoping we stay clear.

I can see Dallas going for it, if he does indeed become available. Right now his value is shot, adding injuries onto the already value killing lack of contract. They have to go all in, being Dirk is questionable as it is and his time left is seriously short.

Best case: Bynum comes back, is back at his 2nd best center in the NBA level, stays healthy, helps Dallas compete with Dirk and Mayo and becomes their centerpiece for the future.

Worst case: His knees are shot, he doesn't play at all this year. They sign him to a one year deal, if they don't land any other center, so he can go back to playing for a contract and proving himself again. Or, they let him walk and start their new future led by Mayo and co.

Dade County
12-15-2012, 03:59 PM

Tell the Lakers that

Chronz
12-15-2012, 04:11 PM
If Im Washington I trade Nene or Okafor for him.

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I can see Dallas going for it, if he does indeed become available. Right now his value is shot, adding injuries onto the already value killing lack of contract. They have to go all in, being Dirk is questionable as it is and his time left is seriously short.

Best case: Bynum comes back, is back at his 2nd best center in the NBA level, stays healthy, helps Dallas compete with Dirk and Mayo and becomes their centerpiece for the future.

Worst case: His knees are shot, he doesn't play at all this year. They sign him to a one year deal, if they don't land any other center, so he can go back to playing for a contract and proving himself again. Or, they let him walk and start their new future led by Mayo and co.

If that was the scenario I'd be in 100%. But chances are he will still command big money and a long term deal due to the lack of star potential players in the league.

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-15-2012, 04:15 PM

*ROD Thorn

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-15-2012, 04:16 PM

LoL yeah im sure Philly is just dying to have NeNe or Okafor

Dade County
12-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I can see him coming off the HEAT bench and playing 55 games a year... Saving him for a playoff run.

Bynum needs to go to a stack team, because he will not be able to handle a long season carrying a team.

Romo2Bryant
12-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I can see him coming off the HEAT bench and playing 55 games a year... Saving him for a playoff run.

Bynum needs to go to a stack team, because he will not be able to handle a long season carrying a team.

Heat don't have enough trade assets. There obviously not gonna trade James, Wade, or Bosh.

nycericanguy
12-15-2012, 04:22 PM

either is better than what they have now.

Not a bad trade idea, I think Collins could get alot more out of those guys

kobe4thewinbang
12-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Who would want him? That's like trading for Greg Oden. I can see teams giving up a mediocre or expendable player, but only a foolish GM would trade away someone good for Bynum who could never play well again. Who could absorb his contract and attitude? Maybe for a 2nd round pick or Kosta Koufos? Philadelphia would probably have to absorb a bad contract too.

Romo2Bryant
12-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I could potentially see Hornets giving up Ryan Anderson and Robin Lopez. The Hawks always wanted a real center so they might consider trading Josh Smith or Al Horford. Another team is the Suns they could trade Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye... I can see more teams but those teams sounds realistic destinations.

I personally wouldn't trade someone good for Bynum, but I can see a GM making a gamble...

Chronz
12-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Can you name any center making Bynum type money that they would want? Or any combination of an expiring contract and prospective center? Its pretty hard to find any realistic options.

Dade County
12-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Heat don't have enough trade assets. There obviously not gonna trade James, Wade, or Bosh.

How do I say this...

A team that is trading for Bynum doesn't have to give up a lot of assets. He can't last an entire season carrying a team, so all stack teams have to do is sign him for the cheap when this seasons ends, or trade draft picks and fillers for him.

The HEAT can do that easy, you are thinking a team has to give Philly Gold and get back copper knees...smh

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2012, 04:27 PM
*ROD Thorn

Ha thanks.

kobe4thewinbang
12-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I could potentially see Hornets giving up Ryan Anderson and Robin Lopez. The Hawks always wanted a real center so they might consider trading Josh Smith or Al Horford. Another team is the Suns they could trade Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye... I can see more teams but those teams sounds realistic destinations.

I personally wouldn't trade someone good for Bynum, but I can see a GM making a gamble...Maybe Phoenix due to Frye's heart condition and Gortat's frustration. Atlanta would never give up Horford/Smith for a broken shell like Bynum. I doubt NO would take such a risk either. Anderson could be traded for more.

Romo2Bryant
12-15-2012, 04:30 PM
How do I say this...

A team that is trading for Bynum doesn't have to give up a lot of assets. He can't last an entire season carrying a team, so all stack teams have to do is sign him for the cheap when this seasons ends, or trade draft picks and fillers for him.

The HEAT can do that easy, you are thinking a team has to give Philly Gold and get back copper knees...smh

I understand what you're saying, but I just see a GM making a dumb decision by trading a lot for Bynum(when they shouldn't)... Like I said in my last post someone is gonna make a gamble, and will backfire them in the end.

kobe4thewinbang
12-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I just see a GM making a dumb decision by trading a lot for Bynum(when they shouldn't)... Like I said in my last post someone is gonna make a gamble, and will backfire them in the end.Maybe Orlando, lol. Their whole FO is whacked.

Romo2Bryant
12-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe Orlando, lol. Their whole FO is whacked.

lol imagine if he got traded to the Bobcats...

mrblisterdundee
12-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Bynum's injury risk, along with not being able to trust him, significantly lowers his trade value. The 76ers would most likely have to take a loss if they really want to get rid of him.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 04:38 PM

:laugh:

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 04:41 PM

Lol.

Byron Mullens + Gerald Henderson + Ben Gordon + First

for

Bynum

I don't even know ahaha

Kemba
Taylor
MKG
Bismack
Bynum

is pretty decent if healthy

jason17
12-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Good trade for both. 76ers need a bigman and nene and okefor are better than nothing.

Wiz wanna get rid of contracts so bynum last year in contract would be worth it.

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Good trade for both. 76ers need a bigman and nene and okefor are better than nothing.

Wiz wanna get rid of contracts so bynum last year in contract would be worth it.

It makes sense in a loose translation. I'm sure your enthusiam in the deal has nothing to do with being a Washington fan lol.

GiantsSwaGG
12-15-2012, 04:45 PM
it was a stupid trade to begin with

kobe4thewinbang
12-15-2012, 04:47 PM
lol imagine if he got traded to the Bobcats...Bobcats are very, very slowly getting better. Not sure Bynum would do well there, though, if he even plays. They've made dumb trades before though.

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 04:47 PM
it was a stupid trade to begin with

No to begin with it was a great deal for Philly. Iggy's tenure was long over they wanted Turner and Young to develop further and they got what should have been the second best big in the NBA. Initially it was a brilliant deal by Philly.

kobe4thewinbang
12-15-2012, 04:48 PM
No to begin with it was a great deal for Philly. Iggy's tenure was long over they wanted Turner and Young to develop further and they got what should have been the second best big in the NBA. Initially it was a brilliant deal by Philly.Yeah, they didn't see Bynum's health issues getting worse did they? Trading Iguodala made sense.

GiantsSwaGG
12-15-2012, 04:49 PM
No to begin with it was a great deal for Philly. Iggy's tenure was long over they wanted Turner and Young to develop further and they got what should have been the second best big in the NBA. Initially it was a brilliant deal by Philly.

how when the guy has knee problems that will bother him for the rest of his career? It wasn't a smart move and the sixers with Iggy took the Celtics to 7 games in the con finals. Bynum knees are made of glass. Thats like trading for Amare. It doesn't make sense

NYYCowboys
12-15-2012, 04:50 PM

This. I thought it was a really shrewd move when they first did it. They were looking to deal Iggy for a while, and got back possibly the 2nd best C in the NBA. Sad for Philly fans that so far it's been a disaster.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 04:55 PM
^^^ your sig quote is making me want to pee hysterically. :laugh2:

Max.This
12-15-2012, 04:57 PM
How do I say this...

True but doesn't Bynum hate basketball? He prefers to make as much money as possible over championship. He won't take less money, yet alone substantially less money like a vet min.

310Casper
12-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Laker fan here, trust me when I tell you this: Bynum is not worth it.

Any team that gets him will cringe and have heart palpitations every time he falls. His knees + the fact that he's a 7+ feet + his lack of killer instinct and desire = Fail.

He will crush whatever franchise he goes to if they pay big money for him. He gets injured while already injured...he's that kind of guy.

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 04:59 PM
how when the guy has knee problems that will bother him for the rest of his career? It wasn't a smart move and the sixers with Iggy took the Celtics to 7 games in the con finals. Bynum knees are made of glass. Thats like trading for Amare. It doesn't make sense

Bynum was coming off a career year when he was supposed to be healthy. Philly didn't know he'd stop caring.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Bynum for Humphries and Teletovic.

Get it done Billy!!

jason17
12-15-2012, 05:04 PM
It makes sense in a loose translation. I'm sure your enthusiam in the deal has nothing to do with being a Washington fan lol. And as a wiz fan idc anymore 3-17 and poor FO i knoe will be interested we are foolish look at our contract with players. We would give bynum 100 mil even injured watch it happen.

Edit: how bad are his knees. Maybe if hes healthy by next year like 100% and 100 motivated.

TheMoneyTeam
12-15-2012, 05:04 PM

That's only in video games. In professional sports as long as a player passes recipient team's physical he can be traded... I believe.

TheMoneyTeam
12-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Philly should definitely strike while the irons hot.

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 05:07 PM
I'd rather give Bynum 100 mil then trade him for a scrub center since we aren't winning **** with a scrub center

A healthy Bynum with jrue and ET= :drool:

Evolution23
12-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Bynum for healthy knees?

GeekInThePink
12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Bynum for Humphries and Teletovic.

Get it done Billy!!

:eyebrow:

JOhnnyTHaJet
I'd rather give Bynum 100 mil then trade him for a scrub center since we aren't winning **** with a scrub center

But thats a HUGE if. To give 100 mil to a guy who may not be healthy consistently would be a huge concern.

Might as well trade him now if they can acquire a decent big.

JOhnnyTHaJet

I'm very very serious.

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 05:11 PM

But thats a HUGE if. To give 100 mil to a guy who may not be healthy consistently would be a huge concern.

Might as well trade him now if they can acquire a decent big.

Meh il take my chances with Bynum getting healthy over humphries bringing any value to the sixers

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 05:13 PM
And as a wiz fan idc anymore 3-17 and poor FO i knoe will be interested we are foolish look at our contract with players. We would give bynum 100 mil even injured watch it happen.

Edit: how bad are his knees. Maybe if hes healthy by next year like 100% and 100 motivated.

Even if he was 100% healthy. He will never be 100% motivated.

I'll tell you whats going to happen this off season.

A desperate franchise will sign him to a near max/max offer. He will look back and say I barely played last year got caught messing around. Got accused of not caring about basketball and couldn't really prove them wrong and I still got paid. . . you think he gives 110% effort? Nope. He will likely never care again due to the money he will be drowning in.

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 05:13 PM

I'm very very serious.

Sixers are better off with Kwame brown

:shrug:

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Sixers are better off with Kwame brown

:shrug:

Meh il take my chances with Bynum getting healthy over humphries bringing any value to the sixers

Clearly it was sarcasm.

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 05:16 PM
And as a wiz fan idc anymore 3-17 and poor FO i knoe will be interested we are foolish look at our contract with players. We would give bynum 100 mil even injured watch it happen.

A desperate franchise will sign him to a near max/max offer. He will look back and say I barely played last year got caught messing around. Got accused of not caring about basketball and couldn't really prove them wrong and I still got paid. . . you think he gives 110% effort? Nope. He will likely never care again due to the money he will be drowning in.

You're right, him shooting hoops at Dave and busters and going to strip clubs is messing around

He should be locked in a closet

GeekInThePink
12-15-2012, 05:17 PM
my bad.

jason17
12-15-2012, 05:18 PM

O i agree. Can you guess which desperate franchise?

Ill give you a clue.

They wear red white and blue and have a wizard as a logo.

Or bobcats.

shep33
12-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Question you have to ask yourself. Will Bynum even play again?

SMH!
12-15-2012, 05:20 PM

yes

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 05:21 PM

The most likely scenario is he plays again but is only dominant in spurts

As in he's a former shell of himself

Sixers should sign him to a max deal and only use him in the playoffs :laugh:

jason17
12-15-2012, 05:22 PM
You're right, him shooting hoops at Dave and busters and going to strip clubs is messing around

He should be locked in a closet

And party in nba booths.

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Fun fact: sixers have the best record from that trade (compared to lakers, magic, and nuggets)

Yet they are barely .500, but then again the player they got from the trade hasn't played a single minute

shep33
12-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Even if Philly doesn't sign him they're fine . Would've paid iffy 16 mill next year. So they save quite a bit.

Cracka2HI!
12-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I wonder if CLE would take a chance on Bynum and trade Varajo?

Bynum & Irving would be a nightmare together if Bynum ever got healthy.

He's already said he'd play in Cleveland too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIhTeh3UYtw

On a serious note, I think to Denver for Javale McGee makes the most sense. Denver might take the risk that Bynum can put them over the top and make them a contender...even if it's just for 1 year. I doubt they would give him a max deal. McGee is basically expendable to them. It might put 2 knuckleheads in a better situation.

DoMeFavors
12-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Gasol for Bynum, have Dwight start at PF

2-ONE-5
12-15-2012, 06:22 PM
LOL no^.

no where does it say we are considering trading him and if you have seen our Centers you would understand that we desperately need one right now.

onlythisfar41
12-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Gasol for Bynum, have Dwight start at PF

I have such a hard time believing that you are really as dumb as you sound on this forum. However with each post you make you just dig yourself deeper and deeper in how your perceived here.

2-ONE-5
12-15-2012, 06:31 PM

um maybe bcuz Bynum stayed healthy all season last year in a year where players were dropping like flies.

76ersai0309
12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Bynum for Amare :laugh2: :hide:

I made this trade in NBA 2k13!

cuttydoesit6
12-15-2012, 06:46 PM
get on this Houston! Harden + Bynum would be crazy good offensively

Vee-Rex
12-15-2012, 06:59 PM
He's already said he'd play in Cleveland too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIhTeh3UYtw

On a serious note, I think to Denver for Javale McGee makes the most sense. Denver might take the risk that Bynum can put them over the top and make them a contender...even if it's just for 1 year. I doubt they would give him a max deal. McGee is basically expendable to them. It might put 2 knuckleheads in a better situation.

Cavs are better off waiting until Bynum's contract ends, then potentially signing him. Imagine if they could get a good piece or two for Varejao, draft a top 3 pick, then sign Bynum in the offseason. That would be nice!

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 07:10 PM
get on this Houston! Harden + Bynum would be crazy good offensively

Asik for bynum, id do that easily

Raps08-09 Champ
12-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Gortat (and filler) for Bynum is a realistic trade.

NYKNYGNYY
12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Diff position then a.I but there not gonna get a player of his caliber so they really lost out ..maybe get someone like Nene?

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Gortat (and filler) for Bynum is a realistic trade.

:puke: i dont want gortat

give me asik

NYKNYGNYY
12-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Noone knows what's going on with bynums knees /mentality its a huge risk so i see a team like Washington with nothing to lose which is a young team throwing Nene and maybe a few prices for bynum anyone agree

yaswaggin
12-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Noone knows what's going on with bynums knees /mentality its a huge risk so i see a team like Washington with nothing to lose which is a young team throwing Nene and maybe a few prices for bynum anyone agree

nene has a huge contract he hasnt lived up for

sixers wouldnt trade bynum for nene anyways, injured bynum or not.

if sixers are only gonna get crappy pieces in trade bait, they would decline all offers and either take the risk and resign bynum or simply jus let him walk away

NYKNYGNYY
12-15-2012, 07:27 PM

if sixers are only gonna get crappy pieces in trade bait, they would decline all offers and either take the risk and resign bynum or simply jus let him walk away

Well that's true but someone like a NeNe maybe amderson.v since he's 30 n the rest od the team is in young 20's Idk if verajo will stay past his contract whats he got 2 years or 1

kblo247
12-15-2012, 07:30 PM

I feel the best teams for his knees are Detorit and Phoenix. Detroit did do a heck of a job with Dice and Webber.

mamba24
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM

Bynum and Dwight were both injured when they were traded this last summer.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Boy am I glad he's gone .He's seems like a cool cat and probably a chill person to hang out with, but as a professional athlete the guys a ****ing clown. I mean the kid has mad potential to be something special. He rather bone *****es and party. I guess it's hard for kids to be handed millions of dollars and be smart with it and smart with their decisions.

YouAreSoWrong
12-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Ok...

I say this with every post...I don't post often...but with how dumb some people are I have to...

Cold Hard Facts

**BYNUM WILL NOT GET 5 YEARS 100 MIL. I keep seeing people say..."yeah he will demand it"...you won't be able to demand that type of money after this injury. He will get a healthy amount of money dont get me wrong...but not 100 mil 5 years.

**LAST SEASON VS. THIS SEASON. WINNING % SIMILAR. People are acting like this was a GOD awful trade for the 76ers. I'd gladly like to entertain anyones alternatives to making that deal at the time it was made...where we thought he could even be ready for the opener. We get rid of Iggy, give up our young center, give up our top 1st rd pick...and how has that influenced our winning %??? Pretty much hasn't. Take a Gamble. Trade Your Best Player. Hasn't Paid Off. Same Win %. I'll take that ANY DAY...and Evan Turner has flourished with minutes.

**Bynum STILL has value. Someone said he's almost at Greg Oden Status...STOP. Dude couldn't sniff a court without hurting something. Bynum at least has played in over 50% of his games in the 3 seasons prior to this one. Also, Bynum is considered a top Center when healthy. Oden was never. Trade Ideas for Kaman, etc. STOP. He's worth more than that. You won't get a superstar but you will get a team that has a star/a player on his way to being one that could take a gamble on him.

**Teams like that in my mind:
Bobcats (Kemba Walker)
Cavs (Kyrie Irving)
Rockets (James Harden)

3 Teams that have some pieces to work an attractive package to offer the sixers that isn't insulting but acknowledges it's a gamble. And they get to keep THEIR star.

We don't need to necessarily get a Center back in the deal either...but with those 3 teams- Biyombo (verry raw, only 20 but real good potential), Varajaeo, Asik...those are good pieces to start with that give us a solid Center and some young pieces to build with/draft picks.

If it doesn't pan out...they really didn't lose anything devastating to the franchise...and it can't hurt us from our end.

shep33
12-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Hope he goes to the Suns. Their witch doctors can heal him up better than any other team

greg_ory_2005
12-15-2012, 08:15 PM
We might be willing to give you Bargs.

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I'd be upset if Colangelo did something hasty to save his job like Jonas + Bargs or Jonas and anyone lol.

lakersfan01
12-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Bynum passed up on a $80 million offer from the Lakers... bad choice for him, good for us.

Vinny642
12-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I'll take him, Bynum and Davis would be amazing

SeoulBeatz
12-15-2012, 08:30 PM
There's no doubt we're looking for a starting C, but we're not trading Bynum to get him, that just doesn't make sense.

We have a lot of wings who are underperforming right now, Nick Young and Dorell Wright (ESPECIALLY) who could fetch a decent C, certainly not a starting caliber C, but hopefully one that can at least contest a couple shots here and there.

I'd take any center in the league over Spencer Hawes. That much is certain.

Such a damn shame because Jrue (18.5, 3.9, 8.9) and E.T (15.4, 7.2, 4.1) are finally becoming the backcourt that we'd hoped for.

With Bynum at C the I'd say the Sixers would have a chance at being contenders, without him, we're stuck in mediocrity once again.

SeoulBeatz
12-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Ok...

I say this with every post...I don't post often...but with how dumb some people are I have to...

Cold Hard Facts

**BYNUM WILL NOT GET 5 YEARS 100 MIL. I keep seeing people say..."yeah he will demand it"...you won't be able to demand that type of money after this injury. He will get a healthy amount of money dont get me wrong...but not 100 mil 5 years.

**LAST SEASON VS. THIS SEASON. WINNING % SIMILAR. People are acting like this was a GOD awful trade for the 76ers. I'd gladly like to entertain anyones alternatives to making that deal at the time it was made...where we thought he could even be ready for the opener. We get rid of Iggy, give up our young center, give up our top 1st rd pick...and how has that influenced our winning %??? Pretty much hasn't. Take a Gamble. Trade Your Best Player. Hasn't Paid Off. Same Win %. I'll take that ANY DAY...and Evan Turner has flourished with minutes.

**Bynum STILL has value. Someone said he's almost at Greg Oden Status...STOP. Dude couldn't sniff a court without hurting something. Bynum at least has played in over 50% of his games in the 3 seasons prior to this one. Also, Bynum is considered a top Center when healthy. Oden was never. Trade Ideas for Kaman, etc. STOP. He's worth more than that. You won't get a superstar but you will get a team that has a star/a player on his way to being one that could take a gamble on him.

**Teams like that in my mind:
Bobcats (Kemba Walker)
Cavs (Kyrie Irving)
Rockets (James Harden)

3 Teams that have some pieces to work an attractive package to offer the sixers that isn't insulting but acknowledges it's a gamble. And they get to keep THEIR star.

We don't need to necessarily get a Center back in the deal either...but with those 3 teams- Biyombo (verry raw, only 20 but real good potential), Varajaeo, Asik...those are good pieces to start with that give us a solid Center and some young pieces to build with/draft picks.

If it doesn't pan out...they really didn't lose anything devastating to the franchise...and it can't hurt us from our end.

Great post.

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Miller, Chalmers, Joel and Pittman. Deal?

Yes? Ok, great. I'll go ahead and start packing Pittman's bags.

JeffG20
12-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I'll take him, Bynum and Davis would be amazing

unless we are starting a team called the Injury Prone all stars i'd pass on him in a heartbeat. not to mention our Medical staff is on par with portlands lol.

NO, No, and Hell no to Bynum.

jason17
12-15-2012, 08:49 PM

Nenes not crappy tho and wizards probably would add something else .

j0nyj0n
12-15-2012, 08:52 PM
what are the chances we can land mKG and biyombi for bynum? Jordan's not super high on either and he definitely needs to sell tix/win now.

Mave1002
12-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Need a center?

Jordan Hill for Dorell Wright, straight up. :cool:

Vinny642
12-15-2012, 09:17 PM
unless we are starting a team called the Injury Prone all stars i'd pass on him in a heartbeat. not to mention our Medical staff is on par with portlands lol.

NO, No, and Hell no to Bynum.

It'd be a fun team to play with on NBA 2k tho ;)

JeffG20
12-15-2012, 09:21 PM
It'd be a fun team to play with on NBA 2k tho ;)

i'll give you that my friend

Vinny642
12-15-2012, 09:24 PM
i'll give you that my friend

Thats all that matters, I can drop 30 with Rivers, get like 20 assists with Vasquez, and get 20-10-3 with Davis

TheNumber37
12-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Small ball with Varajeo?

Fresno
12-15-2012, 09:54 PM
what are the chances we can land mKG and biyombi for bynum? Jordan's not super high on either and he definitely needs to sell tix/win now.

Jordan can sign Bynum outright this offseason without having to move either player. The Bobcats aren't in win now mode at all either, the ticket sales will come.

j0nyj0n
12-15-2012, 10:22 PM
^no way bynum chooses to go to charlotte over dallas or even atlanta. he's going to have to give up something.

Alayla
12-15-2012, 10:28 PM
The OP is false 100% i can assure you of that much. We are not trading Bynum and there is a reason i know this article has no credibility. the way they said Bynum might play in 2013. It came from Bynum himself that the worst case scenario right now is around FEB.
Also Rod thorn is not our GM anymore for people who keep mentioning him js.
Id say its a safe bet to say we are looking for a center. but Bynum wont be offered in any way
The only way i could see Bynum being traded is a sign and trade atfer the season.

SACNYY
12-15-2012, 10:45 PM
lol That's crazy.

Cracka2HI!
12-15-2012, 11:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c8bhu2j

I think the 76ers and Bucks are a good fit. I'm not sure if Philly would be interested in Ellis, maybe it would be some kind of 3 team deal.

Dade County
12-16-2012, 01:41 AM
True but doesn't Bynum hate basketball? He prefers to make as much money as possible over championship. He won't take less money, yet alone substantially less money like a vet min.

If someone is willing to give him another big pay day, I don't blame him. I just thought he would like winning more rings, while having NO pressure on him for the next 3 years.

No one should give him over 50mil... I am serious!

Dade County
12-16-2012, 01:43 AM
lol That's crazy.

Nice sig .... :laugh:

I agree!!!

NBA = Entertainment :clap:

jason17
12-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Wizards will get him watch.

ryder78c
12-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Blazers need to be all over this players + picks and cash
Something like Hickson,leonard,Claver,Freeland,nolan smith,next years 1st pick unprotected and both this years and year afters 2nd round picks plus cash

Bynum
Aldridge
Batum
Matthews
Lillard

amos1er
12-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Glad to be rid of Bynum. Always said he had no heart.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-16-2012, 08:17 AM
How about Gooden for Richardson? Both same length of contracts. Dalembert is in Skiles doghouse as well. So he could be dealt. Teams will like his expiring contract.

nyKnicks126
12-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Bynum Turner and picks for K. Love..

nycericanguy
12-16-2012, 09:52 AM
The OP is false 100% i can assure you of that much. We are not trading Bynum and there is a reason i know this article has no credibility. the way they said Bynum might play in 2013. It came from Bynum himself that the worst case scenario right now is around FEB.
Also Rod thorn is not our GM anymore for people who keep mentioning him js.
Id say its a safe bet to say we are looking for a center. but Bynum wont be offered in any way
The only way i could see Bynum being traded is a sign and trade atfer the season.

I'm pretty sure Bynum was just talking out of his *** when he said that.

he hasn't even had the big Dec 20th checkup so how can he know that its only another month or so worst case? If that's the worst case scenario what is the best case? 2-3 weeks? because I certainly don't see that.

Alayla
12-16-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty sure Bynum was just talking out of his *** when he said that.

he hasn't even had the big Dec 20th checkup so how can he know that its only another month or so worst case? If that's the worst case scenario what is the best case? 2-3 weeks? because I certainly don't see that.

I think the man knows better than u do how his own knees feel

nycericanguy
12-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I think the man knows better than u do how his own knees feel

so then why aren't PHI fans ecstatic?

Wouldn't that be HUGE news if the "worst case" scenario is just 4 weeks away?

wouldn't that mean he's about getting ready to practice and maybe could be back in 2-3 weeks?

Bynum isn't exactly a bright fellow... i think he just wanted to say something positive.

yaswaggin
12-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Bynum Turner and picks for K. Love..

I wish but Kahn isn't that dumb

Alayla
12-16-2012, 10:15 AM

wouldn't that mean he's about getting ready to practice and maybe could be back in 2-3 weeks?

Bynum isn't exactly a bright fellow... i think he just wanted to say something positive.

Philly fans are not going to be ecstatic no matter what first of all the majority of us are negative all the time about everything.
Alot of Philly fans are more or less convinced he doesn't want to be here.
but assuming negitively is pointless

Alayla
12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Unless there is evedence he wont be back this season why take it at face value not to mention this is another GM outside of the sixers speculating.

Jroz
12-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey atleast they didn't sign him to 5 years 100mil yet!!

yaswaggin
12-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Philly fans are not going to be ecstatic no matter what first of all the majority of us are negative all the time about everything.
Alot of Philly fans are more or less convinced he doesn't want to be here.
but assuming negitively is pointless

Stop speaking for us :facepalm:

Seems to me you are the negative one

c.c.
12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
I say let him walk then sign Greg Oden lol

knicksfan42
12-16-2012, 11:12 AM
76ers should definitely hold on to Bynum, because when healthy he is the clear cut 2nd most dominant center in the NBA.

If healthy, Jrue + Bynum is a core that you can build a contender around. Its all about winning chips and a healthy Bynum gives them the best chance at competing for one. You don't trade that for 5-7 seeds for years to come.

69centers
12-16-2012, 11:26 AM
I say let him walk then sign Greg Oden lol

Oden probably has a better chance of playing this year than Bynum.

KingOf215
12-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Kevin Love seems like he's wanting to leave Minnesota. Love to the city of brotherly love for bynum?

2-ONE-5
12-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Stop speaking for us :facepalm:

Seems to me you are the negative one

this.

there are not many in the sixers forum who actually believe Bynum doesnt want to be in the city closest to his home

DitchDat
12-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Bynum is a bum.