PDA

View Full Version : Trade Conversations Expected To Increase With Arrival Of Dec. 15

spreadeagle
12-15-2012, 02:08 PM
So who is going where??......

Most NBA players who signed contracts during the past offseason become eligible on Saturday to be traded. What that means: With a much larger pool of players available for deals, NBA general managers will start spending a lot more time on the phone in the coming weeks.

"It's about to heat up on Dec. 15," one Eastern Conference general manager said. "Conversations are definitely happening because once Dec. 15 comes, the pool increases. You've heard a lot of rumors about Pau Gasol, Andrea Bargnani. The names are only going to grow on Dec. 15."

From conversations with several NBA executives, here's a list of players whose names figure to frequently surface in trade talks between now and the league's Feb. 21 deadline for deals.

Andrea Bargnani (Getty Images)Andrea Bargnani: Toronto Raptors, 27, PF-C

Contract status: Three years, $33.25 million remaining. Player opt-out in 2014. Due 5 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Bargnani is sidelined with elbow and wrist injuries, tempering his short-term value. He hasn't lived up to the hype and injuries have been a concern throughout his career. Still, the young 7-footer can score and remains a sharp 3-point threat.

"Toronto definitely wants to move Bargnani," one NBA GM said.

Marshon Brooks: Brooklyn Nets, 23, SG

Contract status: Making $1.1 million in second year of rookie contract.

Buzz: Brooks had a sensational rookie season averaging 12.6 points. But with the addition of Joe Johnson, Brooks has averaged just 6.2 points through his first 14 games this season. Sources said the Nets dangled Brooks in offseason trade talks, but his low contract number makes it difficult to get much of a return for him in a deal.

"They are one of the rare teams that can afford to keep their team at a championship level financially," an NBA GM said. "For them, the development of young players isn't important because they can overspend."

Andrew Bynum: Philadelphia 76ers, 25, C

Contract status: Making $16.1 million in last year of contract.

Buzz: Bynum is still experiencing left knee pain that has kept him from making his debut with the Sixers, but is hopeful he can return sometime in 2013. He becomes a free agent at the end of the season and was expected to command a five-year contract approaching $100 million. His health problems threaten to substantially reduce that number.

[Related: Kobe Bryant still sees hope in Lakers' rough start]

One NBA general manager said the Sixers have been making trade inquiries about adding a starting caliber center.

"They got to be a little panicked now," one GM said. "They could get a really interesting deal for him. I could see them doing that."

Jose Calderon: Toronto Raptors, 27, PG

Contract status: Making $10.5 million in last year of contract. Due a 10 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Calderon has been mentioned as a possible trade candidate for years and has been linked with the Los Angeles Lakers in the past. Raptors starting point guard Kyle Lowry is expected to be sidelined another week with a partial tear to his right triceps muscle, but that shouldn't keep Calderon from being shopped.

"I believe 100 percent that they're trying to trade him," one GM said.

Tyreke Evans: Sacramento Kings, G-F, 23

Contact status: Making $5.2 million in final year of contract year. Will be a restricted free agent at end of the season.

Buzz: Evans recently had a positive conversation about his future with Kings general manager Geoff Petrie, a source close to the guard said. Evans thinks the franchise could match any offer sheet he potentially signs next offseason and would prefer to return to the Kings to prove he is a franchise player. But can the Kings afford him?

"If they can't pay him, they'll just move him," one GM said.

Pau Gasol Pau Gasol: Los Angeles Lakers, 32, PF

Contract status: Making $19 million this season and due $19.2 million next season. Due a 15 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Gasol was nearly dealt to the Houston Rockets last year and continued to be the center of trade whispers. The Lakers, however, aren't expected to seriously consider any deals for him until after he returns and gets a chance to play with Steve Nash, who is also currently sidelined. If a move does happen with Gasol, it will likely be much closer to the trade deadline.

"I believe that the message being conveyed to wait and see with Nash is accurate," one GM said.

Tyler Hansbrough: Indiana Pacers, 27, PF

Contract status: Making $3.1 million in final contract year. Will be restricted free agent at end of the season. Buzz: Hansbrough is averaging career-lows of six points, 4.2 rebounds and 16.1 minutes, but could be a good frontcourt addition for needy teams. By moving Hansbrough, the Pacers could potentially add a wing player to help soothe the loss of injured small forward Danny Granger.

"I'm surprised they haven't been playing him," one GM said of Hansbrough.

Gerald Henderson: Charlotte Bobcats, G-F, 25

Contract status: Making $3.1 million in final contract year. Will be a restricted free agent at end of the season.

Buzz: Henderson averaged 15.1 points last season and seemed to be coming into his own. A foot injury early this season, however, forced him to miss 13 games. The Bobcats have since primarily started rookie Jeff Taylor instead and a league source said the team is open to trading Henderson.

"If they don't look like they can afford him, they are probably going to move him," one NBA GM said. "They were playing their best basketball when he was hurt."

Kevin Love: Minnesota Timberwolves, 24, PF

Contract status: In first year of a four-year, $60 million contract. Can opt out after the 2014-15 season.

Buzz: In an interview with Yahoo! Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski, Love recently questioned the direction of the franchise under owner Glen Taylor and general manager David Kahn. Love isn't happy about not getting a five-year maximum contract, and some teams might try to explore acquiring him from Minnesota.

"I don't think that's a match that is permanent in Minnesota," a rival assistant GM said. "I'm not saying they're shopping, but if they can get the right deal they would look at it. And I don't think he wants to be there."

Paul Millsap (AP)Paul Millsap: Utah Jazz, 27, PF

Contract status: Making $8.6 million in final contract year.

Buzz: The Utah Jazz are in the playoff hunt and have two starting big men in the last years of their deals in Millsap and Al Jefferson. Utah also has two talented young big men in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. Any big move by new general manager Dennis Lindsey, however, could disrupt Utah's playoff hopes.

"I would think they would more likely trade Millsap over Jefferson because he is going to be harder to keep," one GM said. "He's made less money than Jefferson and he will go to the highest bidder."

Timofey Mozgov: Denver Nuggets, 26, C

Contract status: Making $3.1 million in last year of contract. Will be a restricted free agent at end of the season.

Buzz: Of their three centers, the Nuggets are most willing to part with Mozgov, who has proven in his short NBA career and Olympic play that he is a serviceable big man. The Nuggets probably won't try to re-sign him with two other free agents on the horizon: guard Andre Iguodala and reserve swingman Corey Brewer.

"It's logical because they have three centers and it's hard for [coach George] Karl to play them all," one NBA GM said. "The Nuggets are not a big revenue-generating team and they're not going to pay the tax."

Anderson Varejao: Cleveland Cavaliers, 30, PF-C

Contract status: Has $27.1 million remaining over final three years of contract. Due 5 percent bonus if traded.

Buzz: Varejao is having an All-Star season, averaging 14.3 points and 14.8 rebounds through 22 games. Cleveland, however, has one of the NBA's worst records so teams will at least ask about the availability of Varejao, whose stock is rising by the day.

"He is a target for trade, but I don't think Cleveland wants to trade him," one GM said. "There is a distinction between players teams might want to move and players teams want to have."

Derrick Williams: Minnesota Timberwolves, 21, F

Contract status: Making $4.8 million in second year of rookie deal.

Buzz: Williams has had a disappointing career in Minnesota after being selected second overall in the 2011 draft. The highest draft choice in franchise history has been earning DNP-CDs or short-minute stints under coach Rick Adelman. Both sides would be happy with a move.

"They will move him in a heartbeat if they could," one rival team executive said. "I don't think the coaches are that high on him. You have to get something for him now because the longer he sits, the more people think he can't play."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s-top-trade-candidates-000418190.html

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Pau is not going anywhere.

lakers4sho
12-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Calderon for Ebanks, duhon, and blake get it done mitch

Heediot
Calderone is so young!

shep33
Derrick Williams is a goner. One of Milsap and Jefferson should be traded,

Marshon? Really? You aren't going to find many guys with equal value for his tiny contract

Like the article says, Gasol might get moved closer to the deadline

shep33
12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Isn't Calderon 31?

spreadeagle
12-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Isn't Calderon 31?

lol ya I think so, must be a misprint

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Don't think Pau, Bynum, Love, and Varejao get traded. Nothing of significance will happen for at least a month and a half.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 02:25 PM
I honestly see the Nets trading Marshon. If they are smart they'd package him w/ Blatche. Maybe to Utah, maybe Cleveland, maybe Sacramento.

I'm shocked to not see Steve Novak on the trade list. Or Iman Shumpert. Love him but he has value and you never know w/ injuries like those. Thomas is gone, or Camby atleast.

Mcdoh
12-15-2012, 02:26 PM
swap pau and wes..

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Calderon + Bargs for Pau would be cool

netsgiantsyanks
12-15-2012, 02:28 PM
I honestly see the Nets trading Marshon. If they are smart they'd package him w/ Blatche. Maybe to Utah, maybe Cleveland, maybe Sacramento.

I'm shocked to not see Steve Novak on the trade list. Or Iman Shumpert. Love him but he has value and you never know w/ injuries like those. Thomas is gone, or Camby atleast.

for who exactly?

shep33
12-15-2012, 02:30 PM

I just can't see it happening though. Bargs has literally no value right now. They're actually a better team with him not playing, and he's always injured

RipCity32
12-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Greg Monroe and Stuckey for Kevin Love

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 02:32 PM
for who exactly?

you could get Favors or CJ Miles. The Knicks I'd guess they'd be up for bigs. Someone to help Tyson through out the season.

netsgiantsyanks
12-15-2012, 02:37 PM
you could get Favors or CJ Miles. The Knicks I'd guess they'd be up for bigs. Someone to help Tyson through out the season.

doubt they would give favors back to the nets, though i would cream my pants if it happened. :drool:

ChickenSouvlaki
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Raps should trade Bargs, Calderon and whoever else they can to attain as many 2014 1st rounders as they can. Then hopefully they luck out and get a shot at Wiggins because he's likely the only chance they have at retaining a superstar.

Spimtrap
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I had no idea Hansbrough was that old.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 02:48 PM
doubt they would give favors back to the nets, though i would cream my pants if it happened. :drool:

2 more yrs. and 4 M, he's getting paid soon. Tele + Brooks might do it. But your right that ain't happening.

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Greg Monroe and Stuckey for Kevin Love

I like Monroe, but a big NO on Stuckey. The guy can't shoot and does not fit our offense as he is more of an isolation guy on the perimeter.

Spimtrap
12-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I like Monroe, but a big NO on Stuckey. The guy can't shoot and does not fit our offense as he is more of an isolation guy on the perimeter.

Do the Wolves have any bad contracts? Stuckey only has 1.5 years left. I agree that he wouldn't fit the Wolve's offense though.

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
I had no idea Hansbrough was that old.

Well he played a full-4 in college and has flown under the radar in the pros for the last few years, so that makes sense.

Il Mago50
12-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Bargnani and Calderon for Lebron, get it done

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Do the Wolves have any bad contracts? Stuckey only has 1.5 years left. I agree that he wouldn't fit the Wolve's offense though.

Not really. McHale cleaned house a little before Kahn came in and Kahn has done a good job getting rid of any bad contracts the last few years, while creating one himself in Milicic whom we amnestied. The only bad contract I could think of would be Roy if he didn't have an injury clause.

SirSkyHook
12-15-2012, 03:01 PM

Knicks would be idiots to let go of Novak. He's a shooter that can coexist with other shooter, and if you notice he gets hot not only when his shot is falling but even if its a teammates on fire he lights up, thats rare. I'll take him in a hot second. You dont just get rid of players becuase ther stock has risen. If they fit your team and they are excelling in the direction your going, you keep them. The Knicks without Novak just dosent seem that scary. The whole time they were lighting up my Lakers i was like please dont bring Novak in, please dont bring Novak in lol.

I would put Shumpert on the trading block becuase you just dont know what kind of player he will be after the injury. Thomas is stability and so is Camby. You should be happy with the balance of your team, and not be so quick to dump them.What you see on the court from them, or dont see is not ther true value. Its what the do in practice on the road and on the bench that makes them valuable.

At this point i'll give you Jamison for anyone of them, lol. He'll give you points but for every point he scores he gives back on defence .

dhopisthename
12-15-2012, 03:02 PM

the jazz wouldn't trade favors for anyone on the nets much less that offer.

SirSkyHook
12-15-2012, 03:05 PM
My WISH list

Calderon
Favors
or
Derrik Williams

Without out giving up our core player of Kobe, Howard, Pau, Nash, Metta, Hill or Meeks lol

Spimtrap
12-15-2012, 03:07 PM
My WISH list

Calderon
Favors
or
Derrik Williams

Without out giving up our core player of Kobe, Howard, Pau, Nash, Metta, Hill or Meeks lol

I wish you good luck. :laugh2:

SirSkyHook
12-15-2012, 03:10 PM
I wish you good luck. :laugh2:

Thats why its a WISH list lol, but who knows weve got much more for less but this may be asking to much lol

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Thats why its a WISH list lol, but who knows weve got much more for less but this may be asking to much lol

What's the point of a wish if there isn't at least a .000000000000001% chance of it coming true?

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 03:13 PM
the jazz wouldn't trade favors for anyone on the nets much less that offer.

yeh I know. I was just putting it out there. That's how much Brooks' stock has fallen.

Knicks would be idiots to let go of Novak. He's a shooter that can coexist with other shooter, and if you notice he gets hot not only when his shot is falling but even if its a teammates on fire he lights up, thats rare. I'll take him in a hot second. You dont just get rid of players becuase ther stock has risen. If they fit your team and they are excelling in the direction your going, you keep them. The Knicks without Novak just dosent seem that scary. The whole time they were lighting up my Lakers i was like please dont bring Novak in, please dont bring Novak in lol.

I would put Shumpert on the trading block becuase you just dont know what kind of player he will be after the injury. Thomas is stability and so is Camby. You should be happy with the balance of your team, and not be so quick to dump them.What you see on the court from them, or dont see is not ther true value. Its what the do in practice on the road and on the bench that makes them valuable.

At this point i'll give you Jamison for anyone of them, lol. He'll give you points but for every point he scores he gives back on defence .

Novak is a great pure shooter, I just think the boards is a much bigger need. If LA called and presented Gasol for Novak and Stat, I'd do it. As great a shooter as he is, just to get out of that contract. I feel like Shump will be traded. It's just they already have Brewer and he's not coming off a bad injury.

JerseysFinest
12-15-2012, 03:15 PM
yeh I know. I was just putting it out there. That's how much Brooks' stock has fallen.

Novak is a great pure shooter, I just think the boards is a much bigger need. If LA called and presented Gasol for Novak and Stat, I'd do it. As great a shooter as he is, just to get out of that contract.

His stock was never high enough to get Derrick Favors lol.

shep33
12-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah it's going to be interesting when/if Shumpert comes back. Brewer, JR Smith, Jkidd seem to be meshing well.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 03:22 PM
His stock was never high enough to get Derrick Favors lol.

I know. But I think someone like CJ Miles you could get or a Chase Budinger.

SirSkyHook
12-15-2012, 03:28 PM

Novak is a great pure shooter, I just think the boards is a much bigger need. If LA called and presented Gasol for Novak and Stat, I'd do it. As great a shooter as he is, just to get out of that contract. I feel like Shump will be traded. It's just they already have Brewer and he's not coming off a bad injury.

I dont think they will call for amare, becuase with Nash and Amare running the pick and roll your demishing the roll of Kobe to a catch and shoot player and Howards roll becomes that of a dirty work player. If ther trying to keep Howard as a franchise piece that trade wont work, and you dont want to piss off Kobe and Howard for Suns 2.0 makes no sence.

Aside from that Gasol's the better fit once healthy

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I know. But I think someone like CJ Miles you could get or a Chase Budinger.

The Wolves are probably going to re-sign Budinger this off-season. I don't think they have any intention on moving him, especially for C.J. Miles.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I dont think they will call for amare, becuase with Nash and Amare running the pick and roll your demishing the roll of Kobe to a catch and shoot player and Howards roll becomes that of a dirty work player. If ther trying to keep Howard as a franchise piece that trade wont work, and you dont want to piss off Kobe and Howard for Suns 2.0 makes no sence.

Aside from that Gasol's the better fit once healthy

Hey D'Antoni is there. So is Nash. So......... :D

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 03:33 PM
The Wolves are probably going to re-sign Budinger this off-season. I don't think they have any intention on moving him, especially for C.J. Miles.

has he expressed wanting to stay in Minny? I doubt Brooklyn is keeping a player that might never pan out. I mean he doesn't even play much when Stackhouse is out.

thephoenixson28
12-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Add Gortat

Wisdom Listens
12-15-2012, 04:00 PM
has he expressed wanting to stay in Minny? I doubt Brooklyn is keeping a player that might never pan out. I mean he doesn't even play much when Stackhouse is out.

On the contrary, he simply hasn't expressed interest in going somewhere else, so there is no reason I should believe if we offer him a fair contract he wouldn't stay. I could be wrong of course, but not every player who is resigned publicly expresses interest in being resigned.

noodle
12-15-2012, 05:17 PM

This makes zero sense! Why would the Knicks, who are 17-5 trade anyone right now, especially Novak who helps spread the floor and is money from long range? And Shumpert who can ball and is in the second year of a rookie contract. No offense, but glad you're not the Knicks G.M.!

noodle
12-15-2012, 05:19 PM

:facepalm:

kobe4thewinbang
12-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Hey D'Antoni is there. So is Nash. So......... :DAnd Phoenix won how many titles with that trio? No thanks. They can go back to 2007 if they like.

Heediot
12-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Never mind Frye is out with a heart problem

Anji
12-16-2012, 07:18 AM
I would love for the Knicks to get Milsap.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Nets are still interested in Ersan. Bucks could use Marshon Brooks. Ersan cant be traded till January 15 though. Also Nets would have to add more salary.

JordansBulls
12-16-2012, 05:23 PM
If Kevin Love pushed it he can certainly get dealt by the trade deadline.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
This makes zero sense! Why would the Knicks, who are 17-5 trade anyone right now, especially Novak who helps spread the floor and is money from long range? And Shumpert who can ball and is in the second year of a rookie contract. No offense, but glad you're not the Knicks G.M.!

I know Novak is money. With that said he ain't going to be no hold up in getting rid of Amar'e's contract. Shumpert is coming off a torn ACL. We have Brewer too, one of them will not be here, especially w/ the Kidd and Felton combo.

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Nets are still interested in Ersan. Bucks could use Marshon Brooks. Ersan cant be traded till January 15 though. Also Nets would have to add more salary.

Is that real or just speculation on your part? Haven't heard that. If a deal were to happen, it'd have to involve Humphries, which if I remember correctly, Milwaukee wasn't too fond of taking. Not sure if Illy is the right fit next to Brook Lopez either.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Is that real or just speculation on your part? Haven't heard that. If a deal were to happen, it'd have to involve Humphries, which if I remember correctly, Milwaukee wasn't too fond of taking. Not sure if Illy is the right fit next to Brook Lopez either.

that deal doesn't even make sense. Since when is rebounding and getting 2nd chance opppurtunities the problem for the Nets? Illy for Marshon? how about a Brandon Jennings package or go for Dunleavy or Udrith. The Nets problem is they have no consistant perimeter shooter other than Joe who just started to get his timing back and CJ Watson. Someone like Dorell Wright who was a 36% from deep last season and who price is dropping.

strahan92osi72
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM
I can see Mozgov going to Brooklyn to back up Lopez.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
I can see Mozgov going to Brooklyn to back up Lopez.

for who?

strahan92osi72
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
for who?

Bogans/Teletovic. I remember hearing Proky and Mozgov are friendly, plus the Nets can really use a true backup center, since Blatche is more of a 4.

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
that deal doesn't even make sense. Since when is rebounding and getting 2nd chance opppurtunities the problem for the Nets? Illy for Marshon? how about a Brandon Jennings package or go for Dunleavy or Udrith. The Nets problem is they have no consistant perimeter shooter other than Joe who just started to get his timing back and CJ Watson. Someone like Dorell Wright who was a 36% from deep last season and who price is dropping.

Hypothetically speaking here, getting Ersan would give the Nets a more consistent three point shooter who can also stretch the floor. The Nets desperately lack someone who can be relied on for outside shots, and if it's true that they're interested, that is probably one of their motivations. He's a also a solid rebounder, especially on the offensive glass, which is always a good thing. I'm not sure about his defense however. It makes some sense because outside of rebounding, Humphries is a dunce, his only value is he's an expiring next season. Ilyasova gives you very good rebounding, and is a strong offensive player as well.

Jennings makes no sense with Deron on the team, and the Nets don't have the assets for Dorrell Wright.

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Bogans/Teletovic. I remember hearing Proky and Mozgov are friendly, plus the Nets can really use a true backup center, since Blatche is more of a 4.

Nets are keeping Blatche at the 5 I believe. It's been working for them, no need to change it. Plus, a lot of teams can offer the Nuggets a better package for Mozgov.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Hypothetically speaking here, getting Ersan would give the Nets a more consistent three point shooter who can also stretch the floor. The Nets desperately lack someone who can be relied on for outside shots, and if it's true that they're interested, that is probably one of their motivations. He's a also a solid rebounder, especially on the offensive glass, which is always a good thing. I'm not sure about his defense however. It makes some sense because outside of rebounding, Humphries is a dunce, his only value is he's an expiring next season. Ilyasova gives you very good rebounding, and is a strong offensive player as well.

Jennings makes no sense with Deron on the team, and the Nets don't have the assets for Dorrell Wright.

he's shooting 31% and under 40% in all. If you can move Humphries ok, but really I'd give Philly a call and see how desperate they are.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2012, 06:19 PM

:pray:

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:21 PM
he's shooting 31% and under 40% in all. If you can move Humphries ok, but really I'd give Philly a call and see how desperate they are.

Again, the Nets don't have anyone salary-wise that matches up with Wright.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Again, the Nets don't have anyone salary-wise that matches up with Wright.

Wright is actually cheaper than Illy and more useful to what you need. You can attempt to expand that deal. For instance, there's a center Philly is pissed with, you get him in the deal if they're desperate enough. Worst that can happen is he can't play and that's 16 million+ freed up.

mjt20mik
12-16-2012, 06:29 PM

I'm down.

But only if you guys give us D12 for Bargnani, Kleiza, and Fields.

Deal?

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:34 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense to go for Wilson Chandler?

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Wright is actually cheaper than Illy and more useful to what you need. You can attempt to expand that deal. For instance, there's a center Philly is pissed with, you get him in the deal if they're desperate enough. Worst that can happen is he can't play and that's 16 million+ freed up.
I'm not sure the Nets would go for that certain center. If the Nets send Humphries to Philadelphia, they would be left with no one at the 4 other than Evans, who cannot start for the team the entire season. That's asking for trouble. At least with Ily, Nets are getting a player at the same position, and he's a pretty good spot-up and perimeter shooter and a hard worker on the offensive glass. Wright hasn't looked the same at all. Nets could maybe work a trade for a different small forward with whatever remaining assets they have left.

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to go for Wilson Chandler?

Yup. Hoping the Nets can somehow get him from Denver while his value is still relatively low.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure the Nets would go for that certain center. If the Nets send Humphries to Philadelphia, they would be left with no one at the 4 other than Evans, who cannot start for the team the entire season. That's asking for trouble. At least with Ily, Nets are getting a player at the same position, and he's a pretty good spot-up and perimeter shooter and a hard worker on the offensive glass. Wright hasn't looked the same at all. Nets could maybe work a trade for a different small forward with whatever remaining assets they have left.

Wait so if Rod told you we're listening. And asks for Hump/Tele/Brooks for Bynum and Wright...you'd say no?:confused:

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Wait so if Rod told you we're listening. And asks for Hump/Tele/Brooks for Bynum and Wright...you'd say no?:confused:

From the Nets perspective, does that make sense? I don't get it :confused:

Humphries comes off the books next summer, and they've shown no signs of wanting to get rid of Teletovic. I don't see how the Nets benefit from this.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:46 PM
From the Nets perspective, does that make sense? I don't get it :confused:

Humphries comes off the books next summer, and they've shown no signs of wanting to get rid of Teletovic. I don't see how the Nets benefit from this.

Bynum and Wright are off the books this summer.

KnicksorBust
12-16-2012, 06:49 PM

I'm going to sound crazy but this is great for LAL. If you want to be dumb enough to hire D'Antoni then you have to at least get him shooters and passers. Metta World Peace, Chris Duhon, Devin Ebanks? Be serious.

A healthy Bargs fits PERFECTLY at PF with Dwight Howard in that offense and Calderon... for all his flaws... is still a great distributor and shooter. I'm not sure Pau fits the Raptors though. Might need to be a 3-team deal.

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Bynum and Wright are off the books this summer.

I understand that, but who exactly are the Nets planning on getting this summer is my question. I'm sure you realize money ain't a thang for them lol. If they're interested in someone, my guess is they'll go after them now.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm going to sound crazy but this is great for LAL. If you want to be dumb enough to hire D'Antoni then you have to at least get him shooters and passers. Metta World Peace, Chris Duhon, Devin Ebanks? Be serious.

A healthy Bargs fits PERFECTLY at PF with Dwight Howard in that offense and Calderon... for all his flaws... is still a great distributor and shooter. I'm not sure Pau fits the Raptors though. Might need to be a 3-team deal.

Toronto would wet their pants.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I understand that, but who exactly are the Nets planning on getting this summer is my question. I'm sure you realize money ain't a thang for them lol. If they're interested in someone, my guess is they'll go after them now.

Homie Howard and Bynum will both be FAs, figure it out.

seikou8
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
shump is not going anywhere

JNA17
12-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Kevin Love? No way he gets traded. If he does, Lakers better be on the phone for this guy.

TheTreys
12-16-2012, 06:53 PM
andrew bynum for al jefferson wouldnt be a bad trade considering the sixers want a starting center

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 06:55 PM
shump is not going anywhere

As sad as it could be, he might. Especially if it means ridding Stat's uninsured contract.

The backcourt mins. won't be the same. Pablo is meh.

Kidd and Felton work
JR is 6th man, Ronnie is here and Novak. The mins here are not compatible. The offense of Shump is not an asset. He isn't going to get better, he's not going to take big shots. He likely overachieves in the 12th man role or underachieves as a starter, b/c the offense is going through Melo, he needs the touches to set up the offense.

We're 17-5 w/o Shump. We beat the defending champs by 20+ w/o Shump. He's an asset right now that can be moved any moment.

JerseysFinest
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Homie Howard and Bynum will both be FAs, figure it out.

Let's not go down this road again.

NYYCowboys
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
As sad as it could be, he might. Especially if it means ridding Stat's uninsured contract.

Kidd and Felton work
JR is 6th man, Ronnie is here and Novak. The mins here are not compatible. The offense of Shump is not an asset. He isn't going to get better, he's not going to take big shots. He likely overachieves in the 12th man role or underachieves as a starter, b/c the offense is going through Melo, he needs the touches to set up the offense.

We're 17-5 w/o Shump. We beat the defending champs by 20+ w/o Shump. He's an asset right now that can be moved any moment.

I highly doubt that.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I highly doubt that.

you do realize he was almost traded twice in the summer right? You telling me Lakers call the Knicks and tell them Shump and Stat for Gasol, the Knicks wouldn't do it?? the hell they wouldn't, their mind is on getting to the NBA finals, favorites aside we only have 3 more yrs. of maximum play from these vets left.

DoMeFavors
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Lakers should do Stat for Gasol...they wanted Dantoni so why not get system players that Dantoni has worked with? Nash and Stat pick and roll is probably still great.

seikou8
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
]As sad as it could be[/B], he might. Especially if it means ridding Stat's uninsured contract.

Kidd and Felton work

maybe cause i am biased because he is my favorite payer he is better than brewer and we have old team we need his youth and athletic talent he can be our spark of then bench then take brewer place next year when he is fully healthy but if we can get rid of amare contract then yes as painfully as it would be but not now when he has no value.

NYYCowboys
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
you do realize he was almost traded twice in the summer right? You telling me Lakers call the Knicks and tell them Shump and Stat for Gasol, the Knicks wouldn't do it?? the hell they wouldn't, their mind is on getting to the NBA finals, favorites aside we only have 3 more yrs. of maximum play from these vets left.

I don't think the Laker want any part of STAT. The Knicks will need to be getting a very good player for them to just give up on Shump, and I don't think there are any realistic options out there right now.

Blitzbolt
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Brooks could be a nice Piece for the right price.

Henderson is very unproven but he could help someone.

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't think the Laker want any part of STAT. The Knicks will need to be getting a very good player for them to just give up on Shump, and I don't think there are any realistic options out there right now.

they have to give up a very good young talent in order for someone to take Stat's contract off them.

seikou8, I know look I love Shump too but Brewer is healthy, Shump came off an ACL tear and hasn't put any day to day strain on his body. Melo has a 3 yr. window, he's not going to play or get quicker than he is right now. Realize this is what his window is. He's in yr. 10 of his career. Tyson also is nearing the end after his 3 yr. window his career won't get any easier.

seikou8
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
they have to give up a very good young talent in order for someone to take Stat's contract off them.

seikou8, I know look I love Shump too but Brewer is healthy, Shump came off an ACL tear and hasn't put any day to day strain on his body. Melo has a 3 yr. window, he's not going to play or get quicker than he is right now. Realize this is what his window is. He's in yr. 10 of his career. Tyson also is nearing the end after his 3 yr. window his career won't get any easier.

yup the goal for the knicks is to win a title or more if lucky these 3 years he has no value right now who could the knicks get for him

KniCks4LiFe
12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
yup the goal for the knicks is to win a title or more if lucky these 3 years he has no value right now who could the knicks get for him

you got to package him. Our job is also get out of the contracts that might strap us. Stat is one of those, if putting Shump will get rid of that and bring back some board help w/ championship pedigree, you have to do it. You can't concern yourself thinking you are dealing the next D-Wade he could be the next Ronnie Brewer for all we know.