PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats Interested In Trading Henderson

king4day
12-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Contract status: Making $3.1 million in final contract year. Will be a restricted free agent at end of the season.

Buzz: Henderson averaged 15.1 points last season and seemed to be coming into his own. A foot injury early this season, however, forced him to miss 13 games. The Bobcats have since primarily started rookie Jeff Taylor instead and a league source said the team is open to trading Henderson.

"If they don't look like they can afford him, they are probably going to move him," one NBA GM said. "They were playing their best basketball when he was hurt."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s-top-trade-candidates-000418190.html

I thought this was interesting. What team could use a player like him? And what would a team have to give up to get him?

DitchDat
12-15-2012, 12:45 PM
The Bobcats are so F'd. At one point they had assests (J-Rich, G-Force, Okafor), but now they just have a bunch of scrubs. They're so stuck: no star players and no assets to acquire star players. I can't figure them out.

lakers4sho
12-15-2012, 12:52 PM
scrub who put up inefficient numbers on a scrub team

Theyhateme459
12-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I would be very upset if we trade Hendo. His game is improving and he is does a good job creating his won shot in the half court. As much as I like Jeff Taylor I think we need to keep both in the rotation... If anything get rid of Gordon.

We need to keep the young players we develop if we are ever going to get better. PLus I don't think we will get a lot in return for Hendo... So for me it's a no unless we get some homerun trade offer.

Also I disagree with the notion we played our best BBall when Hendo was out, I more so feel we played some favorable opponents when he was out.

Vinny642
12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd take Hendo

Badluck33
12-15-2012, 01:28 PM
how many times can a team start over and rebuild?

CavsYanksDuke
12-15-2012, 01:46 PM
scrub who put up inefficient numbers on a scrub team

Yeah, he should have been putting up huge numbers considering their stellar PG.

Oh wait.

Well he should be getting shots because of all the good shooters around him.

Oh wait.

Well he should still be able to rebound, pass and do other intangibles that give him merit.

Oh wait, he does that.

Guy is 6'6", smart, athletic, and wants to go to a team that can win games. He's never been on a team worthwhile and he could explode given the right opportunity such as CHI, NY, MEM, LAC, GSW, or ATL.

It's really easy to go to his NBA page, look at his stats, and think you know a guy. It's another to follow him for years and analyze his game with team context.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Brooklyn is my first bet. They need a bench guy, he'd fit well and they need shooters.

shep33
12-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Lakers? Jordan Hill maybe?

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 01:53 PM
does D'Antoni hate him that much?

corytwotimes
12-15-2012, 01:55 PM
how many times can a team start over and rebuild?

chill out papo, the bulls rebuilt like 100 times after jordan left.....dont make me bring you back to the ron mercer, jalen rose days.....the eddy curry days....marcus fizer? donyell marshall?.......Pargo?....hoiberg? how about the trade that brought flip murray, larry hughes? drew gooden?....as a bulls fan myself, i know the bulls have been through ALOT of changes to get where theyre at......and im sure u can understand thats its a little more diffucult to build a contender out of an expansion team from charlotte, northcarolina, than a contender from a 6 time champion in one decade team from chicago

the bobcats will be fine....let me tell you whats going to happen.....

1. They will become the Charlotte Hornets

2. They will get Shabazz Muhammed in the draft

3. MKG and kemba walker will have developed signifigantly

4. Diop is coming off the books for 8mil, giving them room to sign FA
__________________________________________________ _____

your 2013-2014 Charlotte Hornets:

Kemba Walker..................Ramon Sessions
Shabazz Muhammed..........Ben Gordon
MKG...............................Jeff Taylor
Josh Smith.......................Tyrus Thomas
Byron Mullens...................Bizniss Biyombo

the quickest and most athletic team in the east.....FULL of potential.....55-27.....2nd round exit

YOUR WELCOME

shep33
12-15-2012, 01:56 PM
does D'Antoni hate him that much?

He's been playing a lot more lately. Started against the Cavs, but didn't play yesterday due to back spasms.

I love Hill, but when Pau gets back his minutes are gonna slide.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
you need guys like Hill since Gasol isn't all that young and Dwight is a ???, you don't even know if he stays or flees.

netsgiantsyanks
12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
brooklyn?

shep33
12-15-2012, 02:01 PM
you need guys like Hill since Gasol isn't all that young and Dwight is a ???, you don't even know if he stays or flees.

If Dwight leaves we'll be okay. We'll suck next year, but in 2014 we have nobody under contract. So we can build a really solid team from scratch. It'd be nice if he stays haha, but even if he doesn't I look at it like this. We could have been stuck with Bynum this year instead of Howard.

KniCks4LiFe
12-15-2012, 02:06 PM
brooklyn?

only reason I said them is b/c Marshon can't guard a pole and they need a shooter for the bench. That and I doubt $$$ is an issue w/ them.

nolin
12-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Bulls or grizz could use henderson. but i wish my bulls would make a deal for him. something like hinrich and giving the bobcats back their future 1st rd pick would be prfect for the bulls. henderson has one of the most underrated mid range games in the league and would thrive with drose.

Spimtrap
12-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Is Gerald Henderson a good shooter? Would he fit the Pistons? I don't know him at all.

bucketss
12-15-2012, 02:47 PM
The Bobcats are so F'd. At one point they had assests (J-Rich, G-Force, Okafor), but now they just have a bunch of scrubs. They're so stuck: no star players and no assets to acquire star players. I can't figure them out.

biyombo-walker-mkg- nice young core with another Very high draft pick they are not stuck

rocket
12-15-2012, 02:51 PM
and??

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Gerald Henderson is a nice player. I'd take him on my team any day. I am not a fan of Duke products usually (minus Kyrie Irving), but he's got a nice jump shot. He can defend a little. He'd fit in New Orleans starting over the always overrated Austin Rivers.

GiantsSwaGG
12-15-2012, 04:44 PM
don't like him

king4day
12-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Charlotte knows he has value and most certainly won't just give him up. The article seems to indicate that they are concerned with him being a restricted free agent. I guess they don't want to risk losing him for nothing.

Stunner
12-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Good fit next to Rose if he develops right

Stunner
12-15-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll give them Rip and this years 1st for him, not the bobcats 1st though .

JerseysFinest
12-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Brooklyn is my first bet. They need a bench guy, he'd fit well and they need shooters.

MarShon for Henderson makes sense for both sides. MarShon is a much better fit with Charlotte since he can provide offensive sparks in droughts and probably get more PT under Dunlap. Still on his rookie deal as well. Henderson is a better defender and more athletic, which the Nets could use.

Giannis94
12-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Maybe we can trade Monta for him? Or maybe him to the nets for Marshon? That might make some sense.

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-15-2012, 05:22 PM
chill out papo, the bulls rebuilt like 100 times after jordan left.....dont make me bring you back to the ron mercer, jalen rose days.....the eddy curry days....marcus fizer? donyell marshall?.......Pargo?....hoiberg? how about the trade that brought flip murray, larry hughes? drew gooden?....as a bulls fan myself, i know the bulls have been through ALOT of changes to get where theyre at......and im sure u can understand thats its a little more diffucult to build a contender out of an expansion team from charlotte, northcarolina, than a contender from a 6 time champion in one decade team from chicago

the quickest and most athletic team in the east.....FULL of potential.....55-27.....2nd round exit

YOUR WELCOME

you are dreaming pal...55 and 27? that team? i seriously doubt they even get josh smith or get a top 3 pick to get muhammed...ahahahaha go to bed without dinner immediately

Giannis94
12-15-2012, 05:25 PM
you are dreaming pal...55 and 27? that team? i seriously doubt they even get josh smith or get a top 3 pick to get muhammed...ahahahaha go to bed without dinner immediately

Thats like saying that if the Bucks three years ago would have signed LBJ, Wade and Bosh that they would go 0-82.....(my sarcasm might be a little to advanced for some of you so in that case, don't bother responding.)

KNICKSTAPE 914
12-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Thats like saying that if the Bucks three years ago would have signed LBJ, Wade and Bosh that they would go 0-82.....(my sarcasm might be a little to advanced for some of you so in that case, don't bother responding.)

no, i said that team, as in that collective group of players...not as in the charlotte bobcats which is a pretty lowly organization none the less

topdog
12-15-2012, 05:45 PM
To Minnesota with Biyombo for Williams? Is that fair?

JasonJohnHorn
12-15-2012, 05:55 PM
I haven't watched any Bobcats games for some time, but looking at the numbers Henderson is putting up against the numbers that Taylor puts up, Henderson looks like the better player of the two, especially when you are looking at their numbers. Though Henderson's 4pt% may not stay where it is as the season goes on if his previous seasons are any indication.

JerseysFinest
12-15-2012, 05:55 PM

Isn't that a bit of an overpay on the Bobcats side? Biyombo is part of their core no?

NoahH
12-15-2012, 05:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=csor2t3

topdog
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Isn't that a bit of an overpay on the Bobcats side? Biyombo is part of their core no?

Honestly, I don't know that Biyombo is. I know that he is considered a bit of a project right now. My thought is that Henderson is a solid player in the final year of his contract and that a #2 pick in his second year probably is worth a bit more than that.

Plus, the addition of Williams would seem to alter their core to be something more like:

Mullins
Williams
MKG
[reserved for Shabazz]
Walker

dee279
12-15-2012, 06:12 PM
I haven't watched any Bobcats games for some time, but looking at the numbers Henderson is putting up against the numbers that Taylor puts up, Henderson looks like the better player of the two, especially when you are looking at their numbers. Though Henderson's 4pt% may not stay where it is as the season goes on if his previous seasons are any indication.

Damn when they make those?

black1605
12-15-2012, 06:15 PM

That's not bad at all.

Starters:

Kemba
Taylor
MKG
Williams
Biyombo

2nd unit:

Sessions
Gordon
We would probably to add another wing.
Mullens
Haywood

Theyhateme459
12-15-2012, 06:40 PM

That would be interesting, but does this trade help out Minny? Would another team out there give Minny more for him?

topdog
12-15-2012, 07:27 PM
That would be interesting, but does this trade help out Minny? Would another team out there give Minny more for him?

Adding Reggie Williams to the deal is pointless aside from the fact that a trade wouldn't work with some extra salary coming from the Kitties. As a Wolves fan, I'd like to see a little bit more for Williams and I don't think that's asking too much. Henderson would be nice though.

Kuya_Clive
12-15-2012, 07:50 PM
For now, it looks like Henderson is back in the starting line up

Mr_Amaziing
12-15-2012, 08:14 PM

YOUR WELCOME

I like it

KingPosey
12-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, he should have been putting up huge numbers considering their stellar PG.

Oh wait.

Well he should be getting shots because of all the good shooters around him.

Oh wait.

Well he should still be able to rebound, pass and do other intangibles that give him merit.

Oh wait, he does that.

Guy is 6'6", smart, athletic, and wants to go to a team that can win games. He's never been on a team worthwhile and he could explode given the right opportunity such as CHI, NY, MEM, LAC, GSW, or ATL.

It's really easy to go to his NBA page, look at his stats, and think you know a guy. It's another to follow him for years and analyze his game with team context.

I'm sure you have been analyzing Gerald Hendersons game for years, dissecting the ins and out of his game, knowing what he does before even he knows. Getting Into his mind and understanding what makes him a man, what his breath feels like against your neck.

It's ****ing Gerald Henderson, stop acting like your super scout master and have his game cometely pulled apart lol. Gerald Henderson haha

Ebbs
12-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Henderson for Brooks?

valade16
12-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Adding Reggie Williams to the deal is pointless aside from the fact that a trade wouldn't work with some extra salary coming from the Kitties. As a Wolves fan, I'd like to see a little bit more for Williams and I don't think that's asking too much. Henderson would be nice though.

I'm sure the wolves would like more for Williams, trouble is, nobody is offering more...

homestarunner93
12-15-2012, 08:34 PM

Not even remotely fair. The Bobcats lose if they trade either of them straight up for Williams, much less both.

JeffG20
12-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Gerald Henderson is a nice player. I'd take him on my team any day. I am not a fan of Duke products usually (minus Kyrie Irving), but he's got a nice jump shot. He can defend a little. He'd fit in New Orleans starting over the always overrated Austin Rivers.

how is rivers over rated when he's already considered a bust a month into his career? Rivers is playing much better as of late. plus Gordon (Should be) coming back in a week or two. dont need Hendo

topdog
12-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Not even remotely fair. The Bobcats lose if they trade either of them straight up for Williams, much less both.

I respect disagreement, but saying Biyombo for Williams straight up isn't fair is straight up homerish imo.

I'm sure the wolves would like more for Williams, trouble is, nobody is offering more...

Who says? Quite frankly I don't think anybody knows that would tell i.e. just FOs.