PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash To Start Practicing Next Week

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Ray of hope for Lakers? Steve Nash says he hopes to start practicing next week.

ChitownBears22
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
I heard Mike D is going to start coaching D next week as well.

justinnum1
12-14-2012, 12:17 AM

:laugh2:

but for real. lakers dont need help scoring. they need help defending.

Ebbs
12-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Good than I can finally have a cement opinion on them.

More-Than-Most
12-14-2012, 12:20 AM
He will rush back and because of this get hurt :pity:

shep33
12-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Steve Nash with 2 broken legs is better than Duhon and Morris.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2012, 12:22 AM
He will rush back and because of this get hurt :pity:

They're saying the non displaced fractured of his fibula is basically healed. Now, it's just the nerve impingement he's feeling. Hopefully that part can get better and he'll be able to practice by next week.

Nash knows his body and he's smart of not rushing this. He knows he's going to be important for the long haul.

Gagan136
12-14-2012, 12:23 AM

Hey man, they practice defense for 30 minutes, i think they are okay in that category.

seikou8
finally

ChitownBears22
Steve Nash with 2 broken legs is better than Duhon and Morris.

I guess you have never seen him on defense.

Gagan136
12-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Seriously though, i hope he is not rushing it just cause we suck bawlz

shep33
12-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Just to put this into perspective. Duhon and Morris have averaged not even 9 ppg and around 6 apg this season... combined.

That's the lowest pg production in the NBA by about 12 miles.

Nash helping the offense will also help the defense. Couple stats people should be aware of. The Lakers are 22nd in assists... they're 28th in turn overs. Steve Nash upgrades the defense through his offense.

Can't believe some people are actually thinking that Duhon and Morris are shut down defenders. They're slightly better than Nash. Duhon gets blown by on every possession, and Morris just turns it over and fouls.

stawka
12-14-2012, 12:29 AM

And that's EXACTLY what Nash brings!!

godolphins
12-14-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm hoping he can come back on Christmas day to face the Knicks but I doubt he'll be back that soon. It would be great to see a healthy Lakers team take on the Knicks.

LAKobeBryant
12-14-2012, 12:38 AM
He started practising his jump shot today at MSG pre-game.

TheSource
12-14-2012, 12:39 AM

Indirectly that's what Nash helps them with.. defending (or limiting the need to).

The Lakers are one of the worst teams in terms of turning the ball over, mostly because there's not a true point guard who has control of the ball and can the run offense. As a result of these turnovers, the other team has the chance to run the floor and get the easy bucket on the other side of the court. And we all know how bad the Lakers' transition defense is..

When Nash is back there will be a huge decrease in the amount of turnovers, meaning the other teams will get less chances to run the floor and will actually give the Lakers the chance to get back on D before the other team can make their move.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Indirectly that's what Nash helps them with.. defending (or limiting the need to).

The Lakers are one of the worst teams in terms of turning the ball over, mostly because there's not a true point guard who has control of the ball and can the run offense. As a result of these turnovers, the other team has the chance to run the floor and get the easy bucket on the other side of the court. And we all know how bad the Lakers' transition defense is..

When Nash is back there will be a huge decrease in the amount of turnovers, meaning the other teams will get less chances to run the floor and will actually give the Lakers the chance to get back on D before the other team can make their move.

Wha da?????

Somebody who understands basketball?!?!?!?!

Tell me it ain't so!!! :speechless:

shep33
12-14-2012, 12:43 AM

Amen. It's almost as if people are thinking Nash somehow makes the Lakers worse or doesn't improve them at all. That's just insane.

He also gets us better shots, instead of us jacking long 3's with the shot clock winding down, which leads to long rebounds and a semi-transition break for the opposing team.

thephoenixson28
12-14-2012, 12:44 AM

For 30 minutes

AddiX
12-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Nash bumped into a guy and broke his freaking leg, how long do you expect him to last?

Remember in ny when the injuries started with billups. Guy can't last a week, same will happen w Nash.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Good we need him bad!

DumDum
12-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Man ! we talking about practice
:eyebrow:

blastmasta26
12-14-2012, 01:28 AM

Great post. Nash can also take some of the pressure off Kobe.

Lakers + Giants
12-14-2012, 03:27 AM

checkmate, justin.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2012, 03:31 AM
I should do another Rubio thread, seeing as he will play Saturday..

Evolution23
12-14-2012, 03:43 AM
Hey man, they practice defense for 30 minutes, i think they are okay in that category.

you are starting to piss me off

Mcdoh
12-14-2012, 04:32 AM
good to hear..

LAKERMANIA
12-14-2012, 04:40 AM

Check please?

Lakers + Giants
12-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Laker fans aren't saying our defense is going to be great. It's just that it should improve with less turnovers being committed.

HowFit
12-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Hopefully he can stay healthy for awhile this time...

dodie53
12-14-2012, 06:55 AM
good news

cg_la00
12-14-2012, 11:03 AM

the fukc?!!! :worthy: took the words right out of my mouth you beautiful beautiful person

ewing
12-14-2012, 11:29 AM

Awesome, i picked him up a week ago in fanasty

mdm692
12-14-2012, 11:29 AM

Let's not get ahead now 30 min at a time.

Pluvious
12-14-2012, 02:49 PM

Yeah, I know. I picked him up on my fantasy team a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping for a big improvement with my assist/steal stats. :cool: