PDA

View Full Version : Do the Lakers need to blow it up?

waveycrockett
12-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Pretty simple question. This team is old, slow, unathletic and horribly coached. Do they keep the band together or blow it up?

ManRam
12-13-2012, 10:22 PM
No. You built this all so quick, and while it looks bad now, there's no reason to rush blowing it up.

I know the Lakers and their fans are perhaps the most overreactionary groups in sports (and their high standards and championship pedigrees are the reasons why), but that would be a hasty decision that probably serves little good in the long term. Blow it up in the off-season if needed, not now.

nickdymez
Troll

heyman321
#firedantoni

Hawkeye15
12-13-2012, 10:26 PM
they need to get healthy....

LAKERMANIA
12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
No wavey, you're not getting Dwight. Get over it!

waveycrockett
12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Troll

um... have you seen them? This is not trolling its common knowledge

chong2204
12-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Trolling hard.

Ebbs
12-13-2012, 10:30 PM
While I'm slowly starting to believe LA is this bad. We need Nash/Gasol healthy in the line up for a bit

nickdymez
12-13-2012, 10:30 PM
um... have you seen them? This is not trolling its Trolling Hard

Fixed

Teeboy1487
12-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Why is trolling so popular?

Anji
12-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Fixed
I think he's technically right, it's not trolling, it's disrespectful and cowardly.

You shouldn't be trying to kick the Lakers while they are down. Everybody knows what/who the problem is.

macc
12-13-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm not a Laker fan by any means, so I have no reason to defend them, but reading threads like this show me how ignorant some people really are when it comes to watching the game of basketball.

Here's a thought...how about we let the Lakers get all of their players first, let them "all" play together for lets say 10 games or so, THEN judge them. Personally I don't truley judge a team until after the all star break.

Let me break down some of these common sense things that apparently some people aren't quite understanding.

1) Dwight is coming off of back surgery

2) Nash has been injured and hasn't played

3) Gasol has been injured and hasn't played lately

4) they are all playing together for the first time ever, since Dwight was injured they didn't even get a full training camp to train/practice together

5) The system they were in completely changed after 10 games once their coach was fired and a brand new coach brought in, along with his brand new system.

6) Blake is also injured leaving them CHRIS DUHON hahahahaha running the point

So before all you guys hit the panic button and scream to trade everyone and fire everyone, how about we let the team play together for once and let them feel each other out to see what they got and THEN make some judgements. The things people are saying right now is just dumb.

The big thing I think they do need are some young legs who can play defense. Even with Nash coming back they are still going to be out hustled everynight. Other than that I'm sure they will be just fine. People hated on the Heat the first year they were together and started the season out 8-9 and they ended up making it to finals. So shhhhhhhhhhhhhh until they get their full team back and they don't have Chris Duhon running the point for them.

ManRam
12-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I think he's technically right, it's not trolling, it's disrespectful and cowardly.

You shouldn't be trying to kick the Lakers while they are down. Everybody knows what/who the problem is.

I don't know. You see this stuff every year. The Lakers aren't on a pedestal. It could be a valid question later in the season, but not now.

HowFit
12-13-2012, 10:38 PM

And younger...

waveycrockett
12-13-2012, 10:45 PM

Oh I forgot the Lakers are above criticism.

Msharon2013
12-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Not yet.....

The lakers are probably not going to get a return for Nash that is close for what they gave up for him. Also as he is injured and struggled in the games he has played so far, very few teams would take on the risk until he is not injured. Pau is struggling too much and would require to take back long, bad contracts (Boozer, STAT) to get a chance to get a draft pick and/ young pieces as he is far more talented than anyone that would be involved in a salary dump. D12 might get a strong return because whoever acquires him owns his rights over the summer so they can offer more than the rest of the league, but this is an expiring contract, so if any team wants to take a risk with him and fork over draft picks and young up and coming guys, the Lakers I imagine would have to take on some future salary, so even if D12 leaves a team he gets traded to, they would have cap space and the trade would not be a bust. One of the few teams that might not require that of the Lakers would be Houston because of their obsession of getting a star caliber guy to pair with James Harden and Jeremy Lin.

If I was Rich Cho of the Bobcats I would offer the Lakers a package of anyone but Kemba Walker, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist for Gasol. Offer an unprotected 2013 1st round draft pick, possibly another 1st rounder if the 2013 one is not very high, Jeffery Taylor, Desagna Diop, Hakim Warrick, BJ Mullens, Ramon Sessions for Pau Gasol.

This would make sense for the lakers because they dump Gasol's contract, get some expiring ones in Warrick and Diop, get a young small forward in Taylor who is a strong defender and could learn from Metta's basketball smarts, shoot threes and attack the basket and with D12 could allow him to develop confidence and space the floor for Kobe. Then there is BJ Mullens who could shoot okay, learn from D12 and add depth on the bench and to a poor Laker front court and be insurance at center if Dwight leaves. Then Ramon Sessions could help the bench by providing scoring when Nash returns. Until then, he can stabilize the Lakers point guard need since he has already thrived with the Lakers and Kobe last year and would be helpful in a D'Antoni offense. They also would possibly get a high draft pick or two and add a young piece or two to build with when Kobe retires....

For the Bobcats, they would get a guy who has the potential to be the most talented overall big man in the NBA at a decent price who could help develop Kemba Walker and Kidd-Gilchrist. Also with Brandan Haywood as a back up he would have a very physical guy who could teach Gasol to toughen up. Young teams like the Bobcats do not need endless high draft picks, they need a young core and a vet who has been successful to help create a winning culture. Teams like the Thunder are very uncommon these days since most high draft picks are 1 and done with college. Gasol would bring a willing culture and a winning and positive attitude and could thrive in a non pressure zone in Charlotte.

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I actually think they should trade Howard. They can't get anything for anyone else.

DumDum
12-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Tnt tnt tnt

Baller1
12-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Not happening.

shep33
12-13-2012, 11:58 PM
No. Not yet. We haven't even seen this team play 5 quarters together. Quarters not games.

richiesaurus310
12-13-2012, 11:58 PM
If they have no 1st round pick this year which they supposedly dont if they miss the playoffs its the suns pick, then they have really no reason to not stay the course unless they can get draft picks for pau and artest. My question is would kobe ask for a trade if dwight indeed signed elsewhere and the lakers were stuck with no cap room. They could amnesty pau if he isnt traded but where would that even leave them even if they signed lets say CP3 for arguments sake even though I think he re-signs with the clippers. The lakers will have to win 60% of their remaining games from here on out to have a chance at the 8th seed in the west.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Nah. Let them get healthy first. But I think they need to trade Gasol though for someone that fits.

TheSource
12-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Give them til the All-Star break to get healthy and see how they work together.

lakersiznumber1
12-14-2012, 12:04 AM
no they jus need to play some damn d:facepalm: they scoring over 100 points every night but the d and their turn over kills them everday get bell and west they willl be fine

Raidaz4Life
12-14-2012, 12:07 AM
They need to make some smaller moves, but hardly what i'd call "blowing it up"

LOOTERX9
12-14-2012, 12:08 AM
I actually think they should trade Howard. They can't get anything for anyone else.

Well Brook Lopez will be available after saturday dec 15th. They can have him for dwight

Gibby
12-14-2012, 12:09 AM
they are not contenders but they dont need blow it up. Fire the coach and wait for the team to get healthy.

NYSpirit1
12-14-2012, 12:09 AM
The Lakers suck. They couldn't even beat the Knicks without Melo the entire second half.

They needed a dirty Howard play to take out Melo.

2-ONE-5
12-14-2012, 12:11 AM
funny how this OP asks if the Lakers should blow it up while they are far from healthy and without 2 starters but when his Nets struggle he says they just need to time to gel...

Greedy22
12-14-2012, 12:12 AM
No, they need to get Nash back and change their style of play. Way too old to be running and gunning.

lakersiznumber1
12-14-2012, 12:12 AM
The Lakers suck. They couldn't even beat the Knicks without Melo the entire second half.

those darn lakers lol:facepalm:

Hellcrooner
12-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Yes.

1 bring a real coach.

2 tell howard what the plan is and convince him he is going to be the man.

3 trade nash, artest, blake, pau for expirings and PICKS.

4 Amnesty Kobe.

5 Sign paul to pair him up with Howard.

6 wait a year and go for one out of melo, wade, lebron, bosh, whatever.

7 collect rings again.

robdesign13
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Mike D needs some shooters. I'd trade Gasol for 2/3 mediocre players who can shoot the 3 well. That will fill thier bench and give Mike D what he needs.

Hellcrooner
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM

Its all Pau Gasols Fault!!!!!!!!!!

Blitzbolt
12-14-2012, 12:17 AM
They still have time if they still suck with Nash then they should try to move players.

mamba24
12-14-2012, 12:19 AM

Haha wow... First off... The Knicks barely held off the Lakers who were without Pau, Nash (1st string pt guard), or Steve Blake (2nd string pt guard). Secondly, that play where Melo got hurt wasnt dirty. Wasnt even called a flagrant. He was totally going for the ball.

shep33
12-14-2012, 12:23 AM

You've upstaged Dnewguy as PSD's top troll.

NYSpirit1
12-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Haha wow... First off... The Knicks barely held off the Lakers who were without Pau, Nash (1st string pt guard), or Steve Blake (2nd string pt guard). Secondly, that play where Melo got hurt wasnt dirty. Wasnt even called a flagrant. He was totally going for the ball.

Uh, Knicks didn't have Amare or Shumpert. The Lakers sucked with Pau, sucked with Blake and looked terrible in the beginning of the season with Nash.

Your team blows. 9-14.

shep33
12-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Uh, Knicks didn't have Amare or Shumpert. The Lakers sucked with Pau, sucked with Blake and looked terrible in the beginning of the season with Nash.

Your team blows. 9-14.

Troll

mightybosstone
12-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Too soon. It makes absolutely no sense to blow this team up when there's still months until the trade deadline. If they aren't at least a definite mid-seed playoff squad by the trade deadline, then I think you have to "blow it up." But the problem is determining what that means. Does it just mean dealing Gasol? What about Kobe and/or Nash? They're both in their 30s and may not be in the league if 4-5 years. Or maybe they deal Dwight if they don't feel confident he's re-signing?

I think "blow it up" needs to be more carefully defined. Regardless, I don't think they should deal any of their four key players until much closer to the trade deadline.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2012, 12:36 AM

Your team blows. 9-14.

You are a stigma on the honor of Knicks fans.

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-14-2012, 12:38 AM
No it's still early in the season, they need a real point guard(Nash) to work things out.

edit: By that I mean, wait till his return..

Chronz
12-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Hell no, they arent in nearly as bad shape as people think. Not to this degree at least

shep33
12-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Dwight have yet to play 48 mins together this season.

raiderposting
12-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Fire Mitch, fire danphony, kill the entire buss family excluding Jeanie so she can bring back Phil. Trade Kobe to the bobcats for 1st round pick, tyrus Thomas, fillers. Release Nash he's hurt and sucks. Trade gasol he's soft as ***, trade him to the Ws for Carl Landry and biedrins. Trade Howard to the rockets for asik, 1st n fillers.

#shabazz #bigtimetrollin #nets4dafinals #swag #basegodcan****my*****

BcEuAbRsS
12-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Would they be the first team to ever fire two coaches and make the playoffs?

AddiX
12-14-2012, 01:02 AM
They need to make some moves for sure. Blowing it up is bit much though.

There is 0 reason to think anything changes until they make a change.

blastmasta26
12-14-2012, 01:07 AM
They need to get healthy. They don't need to blow it up, but a Gasol trade for an athletic/stretch 4 may be necessary for the D'Antoni offense.

mamba24
12-14-2012, 01:11 AM

Your team blows. 9-14.

in that case... the knicks were barely able to beat a team that blows haha... you are the kind of guy that causes other fan bases to hate your team lol. i kinda wish amare woulda been playing. he tends to kill chemistry.

SportsFanatic10
12-14-2012, 01:14 AM
they need to get healthy and soon. they shouldn't blow it up, but i wouldn't be surprised with 1 big move likely gasol to shake things up.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-14-2012, 01:15 AM

Bingo! Nash Blake and gasol will be a world of difference.

Avenged
12-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Nope.

First, get healthy. Then if they continue sucking after that then maybe, at that point not sure what they could get for their players. Have to remember that the Lakers are running on a short window which is why they are reacting rapidly - same reason why Mike Brown got fired.

Avenged
12-14-2012, 01:32 AM
You are a stigma on the honor of Knicks fans.

It's just crazy to me how a team can be in a slump for so long then suddenly become good and have their fan base trash talk everyone. :shrug:

Cool, you started the season hot. Congratulations.

Baller1
12-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Nope.

First, get healthy. Then if they continue sucking after that then maybe, at that point not sure what they could get for their players. Have to remember that the Lakers are running on a short window which is why they are reacting rapidly - same reason why Mike Brown got fired.

I kinda feel bad for Mike Brown. It clearly wasn't his fault for the Lakers' struggles.

shep33
12-14-2012, 01:55 AM
I kinda feel bad for Mike Brown. It clearly wasn't his fault for the Lakers' struggles.

It wasn't but at the same time D'antoni is still a better coach. Brown had no idea what to do with Jamison and Nash looked absolutely lost offensively. Alcso, Meeks never got to play under Brown for some reason and he's been one of our better bench players.

The Princeton was just a poor poor idea. Nobody respected Brown either, and it seems like Kobe and Nash both like D'antoni a lot. I wish we had Phil, but outside of Phil, there was literally nobody else we could hire. Sloan or McMillan are the only other two.

I will say if they don't get it together with Nash, then D'antoni is gone in the offseason, 100%.

jmoney85
12-14-2012, 01:58 AM
I think when it gets to the point where you have everybody healthy and you don't think you're gonna contend then you trade everybody and I mean EVERYBODY including kobe

Baller1
12-14-2012, 02:04 AM
It wasn't but at the same time D'antoni is still a better coach. Brown had no idea what to do with Jamison and Nash looked absolutely lost offensively. Alcso, Meeks never got to play under Brown for some reason and he's been one of our better bench players.

The Princeton was just a poor poor idea. Nobody respected Brown either, and it seems like Kobe and Nash both like D'antoni a lot. I wish we had Phil, but outside of Phil, there was literally nobody else we could hire. Sloan or McMillan are the only other two.

I will say if they don't get it together with Nash, then D'antoni is gone in the offseason, 100%.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I guess when I say I feel bad for Mike Brown, I mean that I feel bad in the fact that he got fired so quickly and replaced by someone who couldn't do any better.

In other words, had the Lakers hired someone like Phil, Sloan, or McMillan... Brown's firing would've made much more sense and been much fairer to Brown. That's how I feel at least.

shep33
12-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I get what you mean. I guess when I say I feel bad for Mike Brown, I mean that I feel bad in the fact that he got fired so quickly and replaced by someone who couldn't do any better.

In other words, had the Lakers hired someone like Phil, Sloan, or McMillan... Brown's firing would've made much more sense and been much fairer to Brown. That's how I feel at least.

That's how most Laker fans feel too lol. I don't really like him at all, but I will say that D'antoni hasn't gotten a fair try at it either though. I mean the guy needs a point guard. History has showed this, and when he has one he actually brings the best out of everyone on the team. He did it in Phoenix with Nash and also in New York with Felton and Lin after him. But to give him Duhon and Darius Morris to work with, I mean, nobody can save that point guard rotation.

Oldmantrash
12-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Trade Kobe, build around Dwight.

Ok now realistically I seriously doubt they win a championship this year, and that's what this team is built for, win now.

Laker fans are so sensitive,
They don't know how to deal with losing

el hidalgo
12-14-2012, 02:18 AM
they need to go through some chemotherapy and get rid of kobe

Baller1
12-14-2012, 02:22 AM
That's how most Laker fans feel too lol. I don't really like him at all, but I will say that D'antoni hasn't gotten a fair try at it either though. I mean the guy needs a point guard. History has showed this, and when he has one he actually brings the best out of everyone on the team. He did it in Phoenix with Nash and also in New York with Felton and Lin after him. But to give him Duhon and Darius Morris to work with, I mean, nobody can save that point guard rotation.

Yeah, I agree.

Just gonna have to wait and see, nothing else any of us can do.

JEDean89
12-14-2012, 08:31 AM
this team is too old and too injury prone to say "they'll be amazing when fully healthy" i'm sorry, there is no way you guys are gonna all 5 starters at full health throughout the season. Maybe the stars will align for the playoffs but come on, you guys have a 38 year old pg, 36 SG, 34 SF and 33 year old PF.

They say the Knicks are the oldest team in the NBA and the average age of the team is but I bet if you look at the average age of minutes played on the Knicks, it would be a lot lower than people think. The Lakers on the other hand are playing Kobe 38 mins a night and you can bet Dantoni is gonna ride Nash and Pau into the ground.

The problem with the Lakers is that it is difficult to see how they can improve their starting 5 if they are healthy. Kobe and Dwight is a dream 2 man combo to build around and you would add a pg as the next piece. Pau and MWP are perfect pieces to fill out the roster.

What the Lakers lack are the following, a solid backup pg (this is very important in dantoni's system) a true 6th man (a lamar odom or jamal crawford type) a true 3 pt specialist (ray allen or novak type) and a defensive specialist who can guard the 1 and the 2 (kobe is no longer an elite defender).

Now, the beauty of all these pieces is not one of them costs much money. On top of that the Lakers are a top FA destination and truly believe them to fix all those gaps this time next year. Backup pg's are getable, i am shocked they didn't sign Fisher, but their are plenty of others. 6th men can be signed with an MLE (Jamal Crawford, Ray Allen, JR smith are all underpaid, no reason the lakes can't find someone). Defensive specialists are not too easy to find, but they exist. Tony Allen would be a godsend for the Lakes, I am thinking someone along those lines (Miami got battier cheap, Knicks got Ronnie Brewer cheap). Lakes have plenty of options and all the difficult pieces are acquired. One more summer and they will fill it out. Oh ya they shoudl fire dantoni and hire Larry Brown. This team could play another 3 years at Larry Brown's pace and they would be soooo rowdy on defense.

LakersIn5
12-14-2012, 09:00 AM
this team is too old and too injury prone to say "they'll be amazing when fully healthy" i'm sorry, there is no way you guys are gonna all 5 starters at full health throughout the season. Maybe the stars will align for the playoffs but come on, you guys have a 38 year old pg, 36 SG, 34 SF and 33 year old PF.

They say the Knicks are the oldest team in the NBA and the average age of the team is but I bet if you look at the average age of minutes played on the Knicks, it would be a lot lower than people think. The Lakers on the other hand are playing Kobe 38 mins a night and you can bet Dantoni is gonna ride Nash and Pau into the ground.

The problem with the Lakers is that it is difficult to see how they can improve their starting 5 if they are healthy. Kobe and Dwight is a dream 2 man combo to build around and you would add a pg as the next piece. Pau and MWP are perfect pieces to fill out the roster.

What the Lakers lack are the following, a solid backup pg (this is very important in dantoni's system) a true 6th man (a lamar odom or jamal crawford type) a true 3 pt specialist (ray allen or novak type) and a defensive specialist who can guard the 1 and the 2 (kobe is no longer an elite defender).

Now, the beauty of all these pieces is not one of them costs much money. On top of that the Lakers are a top FA destination and truly believe them to fix all those gaps this time next year. Backup pg's are getable, i am shocked they didn't sign Fisher, but their are plenty of others. 6th men can be signed with an MLE (Jamal Crawford, Ray Allen, JR smith are all underpaid, no reason the lakes can't find someone). Defensive specialists are not too easy to find, but they exist. Tony Allen would be a godsend for the Lakes, I am thinking someone along those lines (Miami got battier cheap, Knicks got Ronnie Brewer cheap). Lakes have plenty of options and all the difficult pieces are acquired. One more summer and they will fill it out. Oh ya they shoudl fire dantoni and hire Larry Brown. This team could play another 3 years at Larry Brown's pace and they would be soooo rowdy on defense.

larry (brown mike) d'antoni

AIRMAR72
12-14-2012, 09:02 AM
in that case... the knicks were barely able to beat a team that blows haha... you are the kind of guy that causes other fan bases to hate your team lol. i kinda wish amare woulda been playing. he tends to kill chemistry.

Knicks ran over kobe N COMPANY and steam roll them off the courts IN THE 1ST HALF than CALL of the dogs midway thru the 3rd QTR DONT be fool by final score this laker team HAVE no chemistry they DONT like each other and they dont mix at ALL, some sort of trade need to happen plus kobe is playing to add more points to his 30,000 fake WILL to win

JiffyMix88
12-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Trade Kobe to a championship contender and the Lakers will start winning, I promise you guys.

mdm692
12-14-2012, 09:48 AM
No. You built this all so quick, and while it looks bad now, there's no reason to rush blowing it up.

I know the Lakers and their fans are perhaps the most overreactionary groups in sports (and their high standards and championship pedigrees are the reasons why), but that would be a hasty decision that probably serves little good in the long term. Blow it up in the off-season if needed, not now.
Speak for yourself we have their pick this year :).

koreancabbage
12-14-2012, 10:24 AM
After watching the game yesterday, they need better wing players. Felton, Smith, Carmelo had no problems going around the pylons which are the Lakers.

They need to trade Gasol for another premier, up and coming, young wing player. Meta is good but he ain't gonna help Bryant for his lack of team defense so far in this season. Meta would be good on the bench.