PDA

View Full Version : Would the Knicks be the Marquee Team In the League If It Weren't For James Dolan?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 05:35 PM
You look at the Knicks, the New York Market from an objective point of view, and you will see that they have the best fan base. You go to a game at the Mecca of basketball, Madison Square Garden, and you will see that arena rocking hard all night long. The fans are probably the best in the league, they never waver, die hard, have stood by their team even though it's been almost an entire 40 yrs since they last won a championship. But you will see that the Knicks fans still love their team, they're probably the most knowledgeable fans there is, and the crowd is ALWAYS raucous at the Garden.

You look at the Staples Center in LA, and you can literally hear crickets in that arena. The laissez-faire laid back attitude and the expensive tickets (where the true Laker fans can only afford the 300 sections) literally creates a dead and boring experience.

MSG is an experience like none other.

The Entertainment and the bright lights of New York City, the history of the city and the Knicks franchise, all the past great players and the current superstardom of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire.

The Knicks are near the top in merchandise sales and notoriety.

The only thing that's holding this team from overtaking the Lakers as the marquee franchise of the NBA is their owner, James Dolan. He has a bad reputation, has made poor decisions, has reverted to saving money over getting the proper talent. I think you should give the Knicks GM more credit for assembling this team with a great defensive coach in Mike Woodson.

Would a change in ownership catapult the Knicks to the marquee team in the National Basketball Association?

LongIslandIcedZ
12-13-2012, 05:38 PM
They would be th Marquee Team in the league if they won as much as the Celtics or the Lakers.

If Dolan is part of the reason they dont win as much then I can suppose you can blame him.

I think if the Knicks/Celtics/Lakers each had 15 championships, the Knicks would be the Marquee team in the league.

xxplayerxx23
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Dolan is a moron lol. Id do better, LOL he still wants to bring Thomas back to help out :pity:

Chill_Will_24
12-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Without a doubt. Dolan is a fool.

HYFR
12-13-2012, 05:41 PM
If only Dolan had half a brain

sep11ie
12-13-2012, 05:52 PM
I heart Knicks threads!!!

AddiX
12-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Dolan is worth billions and is a monster in the business world. Ppl who work in NYC media fear the guy, they refuse to talk bad about him, he has crushed companies in the past over petty disagreements. He may do things differently but hes no moron.

A lot of ppl believe espn and even the NBA are biased against the Knicks because Dolan is the owner. As a media mogul he's completely uncontrollable. Unlike most ppl in the business, Dolan doesn't need anyone, and they hate that.

I don't think you guys realize the power Dolan has in the business world. When he flexes ppl notice, that dude has serious pull.

Whether he's good or bad for the Knicks is debatable.

StarvingKnick22
12-13-2012, 06:08 PM
I remember all the idiots who were complaining about how much of an idiot he was for not resigning Lin. These are the same who bow down to him now.

JesusNYY_Savior
12-13-2012, 06:12 PM
How did Dolan become a billionaire?

Kashmir13579
12-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Ummm have you ever gone to a game at the Garden??? I literally had to sell my dick to buy some cheese fries.

I agree they are the most passionate NBA fans..

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Ummm have you ever gone to a game at the Garden??? I literally had to sell my dick to buy some cheese fries.

Yes I have.

And ewww.

waveycrockett
12-13-2012, 07:05 PM

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo