PDA

View Full Version : I wager to say David Lee is arguably the most valuable Power Forward in the NBA

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 09:25 AM
David Lee is having one heck of a year. 19 and 11.3, 3.5 APG and one of the best passers. Make no mistake, Lee has always been the good ball player that he is right now, the main difference is that you look a lot better when you're a winner and he can credit that attribute to his new surrounding cast members.

So as far as power forwards go, the only power forwards that would be in the Lee category would be Griffin, Randolph, and Love. Tim Duncan is officially a center now.

Lee would have to more valuable than Love right now despite Love's unprecedented rebounding numbers, the Dubs are the more winning team. And then there is Griffin, who is doing well, but the Warriors are just a game behind them and Lee's numbers are as good at least as Blake's. Then there is Zach Randolph, who might be the most valuable PF, his team is 14-5 compared to GSW at 15 -7. He's rebounding an extra 1.5 to lee, but lee is scoring an extra 1.5.

So that leads me to the conclusion that Lee is right up there with the elite power forwards.

cleptopot
12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
No

TheNumber37
12-13-2012, 09:54 AM
love
griffin

and players playing out of position... James and Melo are more valuable, I'D Wager.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
love
griffin

and players playing out of position... James and Melo are more valuable, I'D Wager.

I'm talking about power forwards. Everyone knows Lebron is not a power forward. Carmelo scores, but doesn't rebound or do much of anything else. I don't respect him as a competent NBA star. He has not improved since Denver.

BroadwayBullies
12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Knicks have a good record, but I'm sorry we are better than you. Carmelo still sucks.

YOu're kidding right? LOL you've got to be kidding. YOur team would get demolished by the Knicks--your backcourt consists of a 2nd year player and Steph "ankles" curry.

No offense, but I don't think many Knick fans care about the Warriors nor are they scared of them. You guys have started out pretty well, but don't worry, the Lakers are eventually going to right their ship and secure HCA in the playoffs.

Hope you guys make the playoffs, that would be refreshing to see. In all honesty I thought Jackson was going to be fired for how bad the Warriors were last year, glad to see management stayed loyal and he's having a good start to the season.

But your team is filled with a lot of young and inexperienced players. Let's see how they do for the remainder of the season. And for how productive Lee has been in the NBA, he's still a perpetual loser that hasn't come close to sniffing playoff basketball.

Oh and lastly, Carmelo Anthony>>>any dam player on your roster for the last decade. A decade, buddy.

cleptopot
12-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Knicks have a good record, but I'm sorry we are better than you. Carmelo still sucks.

Didnt mention anything of the Knicks...

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 10:01 AM
YOu're kidding right? LOL you've got to be kidding. YOur team would get demolished by the Knicks--your backcourt consists of a 2nd year player and Steph "ankles" curry.

No offense, but I don't think many Knick fans care about the Warriors nor are they scared of them. You guys have started out pretty well, but don't worry, the Lakers are eventually going to right their ship and secure HCA in the playoffs.

Hope you guys make the playoffs, that would be refreshing to see. In all honesty I thought Jackson was going to be fired for how bad the Warriors were last year, glad to see management stayed loyal and he's having a good start to the season.

But your team is filled with a lot of young and inexperienced players. Let's see how they do for the remainder of the season. And for how productive Lee has been in the NBA, he's still a perpetual loser that hasn't come close to sniffing playoff basketball.

Oh and lastly, Carmelo Anthony>>>any dam player on your roster for the last decade. A decade, buddy.

Yea.. we would get demolished by the ''broadway bullies'' cuz their bullies... You guys suck dude, lol. Warriors are a top 5 or 6 team and you're not. We are a better team then you. Carmelo is averaging a weak 6.6 rebounds a game my friend ands shooting only 46 percent. You have 4 guys that are 40 years old. Yea, we have a 2nd year player who is lights out and you have 4 40 year olds. We also happen to have 3 first year players who are better than those 40 year olds you have. So get real kid. Who do you have? JR Smith? Felton? You have a bunch of over the hill guys that can't rebound, can't do anything.

Mishmin
12-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I'll put in him the vastly underrated category, next to Andy Varejeo.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Didnt mention anything of the Knicks...

Warriors point guards: Steph Curry, Jarret Jack >>> Felton and Kidd, yes BOTH guards are better than yours

Warriors 2nd year shooting guard, Klay Thompson >>> Ronnie Brewer and JR Smith. Just look at the stats

Yes, the Knicks have an edge at small forward

Warriors have the EDGE at power forward with both Lee and Landry, who might be the best back up power forward in the league. I don't care if Amare comes back, at this point Lee is superior to him

If Bogut can get back, he is better than Chandler hands down. Chandler is only averaging about 9 boards a game anyways.

Who do the Knicks have other than Melo?

The simple fact is that you might not fear the Warriors, but we don't fear the Knicks. We have to play teams in the West more. We are hands down a better team and I take great comfort in that. And yes Lee's numbers are better than Carmelo's if you look at the overall stats, not just the ''quantity'' of points. You can laugh at me all you want, but I just gave the facts. Warriors are better. As far as the market you may have madison square garden and new york but san francisco is building a waterfront by the bridge. So we don't think much of your team either.

c.c.
12-13-2012, 10:16 AM
I think he's under-rated but not that under-rated!

Knickrocketsfan
12-13-2012, 10:16 AM
LOL. when Knicks fans were singing the praise of Lee, when he was on the Knicks, nobody would hear it. Warrior are not better than the Knicks, currently. If they get a FULLY health Bogut back then it will be close.

Hustla23
12-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Because Lee is so unbelievably horrible defensively, his value definitely takes a hit.

Otherwise his scoring efficiency and rebounding certainly make him a valuable player. Top 5 power forward in the league right now I'd say.

Hustla23
12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
And the Warriors are a good team. If Bogut comes back, they're a legitimate top 10 team. They match up well with anyone in the western conference.

ewing
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
How do you bet on weather something is arguable?

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 10:26 AM
LOL. when Knicks fans were singing the praise of Lee, when he was on the Knicks, nobody would hear it. Warrior are not better than the Knicks, currently. If they get a FULLY health Bogut back then it will be close.

No, the Warriors are not better according to the consensus that is radiated via the media. But in reality if you have League Pass and watch both teams, deep down in your heart you know this Warriors team has more upside than the Knicks. Don't know you if you watch MLB, but the Warriors are like the Giants and the Knicks are like the Tigers or Yankees, with the big market. They have the consensus of being better, but the ones who follow closely and are unbiased and smart will tend to admit that this Warriors team really is better than the Knicks. Better rebounding, yes. Better defense yes. Better shooters? oh god yes. More depth that actually is relevant? yes. I have watched both teams and I will tell you unbiasedly that the Warriors have more upside and more of the right pieces. The Knicks are more hype where as the Warriors are flying more under the radar. With a fully healthy Bogut, Knicks don't stand a chance against GSW.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Because Lee is so unbelievably horrible defensively, his value definitely takes a hit.

Otherwise his scoring efficiency and rebounding certainly make him a valuable player. Top 5 power forward in the league right now I'd say.

The Warriors are one of the best defensive teams right now though and Lee hasn't done bad himself defensively.

Hustla23
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
No, the Warriors are not better according to the consensus that is radiated via the media. But in reality if you have League Pass and watch both teams, deep down in your heart you know this Warriors team has more upside than the Knicks. Don't know you if you watch MLB, but the Warriors are like the Giants and the Knicks are like the Tigers or Yankees, with the big market. They have the consensus of being better, but the ones who follow closely and are unbiased and smart will tend to admit that this Warriors team really is better than the Knicks. Better rebounding, yes. Better defense yes. Better shooters? oh god yes. More depth that actually is relevant? yes. I have watched both teams and I will tell you unbiasedly that the Warriors have more upside and more of the right pieces. The Knicks are more hype where as the Warriors are flying more under the radar. With a fully healthy Bogut, Knicks don't stand a chance against GSW.
It's cool that you're excited about your team and all but the Warriors are not better. SRS says there's actually a pretty significant divide between the two teams. And when the Knicks get their ace defender back, the gap will most likely increase even further. The only way I'd imagine the Knicks to flounder is if Amare comes back and messes everything up. But based on how Woodson has handled things so far, I think he'll probably end up being a plus.

Hustla23
12-13-2012, 10:30 AM
The Warriors are one of the best defensive teams right now though and Lee hasn't done bad himself defensively.
The Warriors are a good defensive team. David Lee, however, is most certainly not.

b-ballistic
12-13-2012, 10:31 AM
David Lee is having one heck of a year. 19 and 11.3, 3.5 APG and one of the best passers. Make no mistake, Lee has always been the good ball player that he is right now, the main difference is that you look a lot better when you're a winner and he can credit that attribute to his new surrounding cast members.

So as far as power forwards go, the only power forwards that would be in the Lee category would be Griffin, Randolph, and Love. Tim Duncan is officially a center now.

Lee would have to more valuable than Love right now despite Love's unprecedented rebounding numbers, the Dubs are the more winning team. And then there is Griffin, who is doing well, but the Warriors are just a game behind them and Lee's numbers are as good at least as Blake's. Then there is Zach Randolph, who might be the most valuable PF, his team is 14-5 compared to GSW at 15 -7. He's rebounding an extra 1.5 to lee, but lee is scoring an extra 1.5.

So that leads me to the conclusion that Lee is right up there with the elite power forwards.

Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! He said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn!!!! He even threaded it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D. Lee, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BKLYNpigeon
12-13-2012, 10:35 AM

How old are you? 13?

Warriors are playing well, but theres no reason to be cocky or trash other teams. you're making Warriors fans look dumb. stop it.

the truth of the matter.. The Warriors are looking to make the playoffs. and the Knicks are ready to compete for a Championship. who cares who better...Just Shut Up and Enjoy the Ride. .

koreancabbage
12-13-2012, 10:36 AM
season still early friends, Knicks are looking to be a good team but wear and tear for the old bodies on that team in the second half (possibly). we will jsut have to see. GS is doing well but how long Curry lasts

cleptopot
12-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Warriors point guards: Steph Curry, Jarret Jack >>> Felton and Kidd, yes BOTH guards are better than yours

Warriors 2nd year shooting guard, Klay Thompson >>> Ronnie Brewer and JR Smith. Just look at the stats

Warriors have the EDGE at power forward with both Lee and Landry, who might be the best back up power forward in the league. I don't care if Amare comes back, at this point Lee is superior to him

If Bogut can get back, he is better than Chandler hands down. Chandler is only averaging about 9 boards a game anyways.

The simple fact is that you might not fear the Warriors, but we don't fear the Knicks. We have to play teams in the West more. We are hands down a better team and I take great comfort in that. And yes Lee's numbers are better than Carmelo's if you look at the overall stats, not just the ''quantity'' of points. You can laugh at me all you want, but I just gave the facts. Warriors are better. As far as the market you may have madison square garden and new york but san francisco is building a waterfront by the bridge. So we don't think much of your team either.

Didnt read but ok. Believe what you want to

ElishaJ1030
12-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Did Kevin Love retire?

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 10:40 AM
It's cool that you're excited about your team and all but the Warriors are not better. SRS says there's actually a pretty significant divide between the two teams. And when the Knicks get their ace defender back, the gap will most likely increase even further. The only way I'd imagine the Knicks to flounder is if Amare comes back and messes everything up. But based on how Woodson has handled things so far, I think he'll probably end up being a plus.

Yea... SRS says it. So it must be true. Your ace defender, whom I'm not sure is, is not a better than Bogut as a defender my friend, I am certain of that. Nor is he as good as someone named Festus Ezili at defense. And if this person happens to be Camby, then you're team is really in trouble. The Warriors are not only better, but are better probably in every single aspect, we just need to take care of the ball better. Do the Knicks rebound? No. Do they have Steph Curry Jarret Jack or Klay Thompson that can go lights out just about every game from behind the line? No they do not.. So don't start saying your better because SRS says so. Last year the Knicks were nothing until Jeremy Lin got them on a roll and our team wouldn't even need a Jeremy Lin. Raymond Felton btw is an average player, certainly not better than Curry. Do i have to keep explaining myself? I'm the only one that has the balls to come out and speak what is more of the truth than the hype. The fact that people keep getting offended means that they must fear that I sort of know what I'm talking about. If I didn't they would just be calling me a ''troll'' or a ''****.''

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 10:42 AM
How old are you? 13?

Warriors are playing well, but theres no reason to be cocky or trash other teams. you're making Warriors fans look dumb. stop it.

the truth of the matter.. The Warriors are looking to make the playoffs. and the Knicks are ready to compete for a Championship. who cares who better...Just Shut Up and Enjoy the Ride. .

The Knicks are not ready to compete for a championship, you must be 13 if you really believe that, I mean come on. The Warriors may be looking to make the playoffs but the Knicks don't have any better of a chance at winning any kind of championship. Why just because they are the New York Knicks? LOL

MonroeFAN
12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I use to really like the Warriors. This guy is making me sick of hearing about them though. Banking on a 'healthy' Andrew Bogut? I would consider this a finished product, without him.

Lee is having a great season for himself though.

Hustla23
12-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Yea... SRS says it. So it must be true. Your ace defender, whom I'm not sure is, is not a better than Bogut as a defender my friend, I am certain of that. Nor is he as good as someone named Festus Ezili at defense. And if this person happens to be Camby, then you're team is really in trouble. The Warriors are not only better, but are better probably in every single aspect, we just need to take care of the ball better. Do the Knicks rebound? No. Do they have Steph Curry Jarret Jack or Klay Thompson that can go lights out just about every game from behind the line? No they do not.. So don't start saying your better because SRS says so. Last year the Knicks were nothing until Jeremy Lin got them on a roll and our team wouldn't even need a Jeremy Lin. Raymond Felton btw is an average player, certainly not better than Curry. Do i have to keep explaining myself? I'm the only one that has the balls to come out and speak what is more of the truth than the hype. The fact that people keep getting offended means that they must fear that I sort of know what I'm talking about. If I didn't they would just be calling me a ''troll'' or a ''****.''
No, I'm not talking about Camby. And well, judging by your blatant ignorance of the Knicks and their roster, I'm not so sure how you can competently analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams.

Like I said, the Warriors are finally playing well and I'm glad you're happy. But don't be shocked if most people tend to disagree with you on this point.

Just a question, do you legitimately see the Warriors winning a championship? Because it sounds like you do.

pacofunk64
12-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow!! A GS/NY who's better thread. The world is going to end 12/21...I've seen it all now.
Kinda weird what happens when you beat the Heat. You think you are the best team in the world.

asandhu23
12-13-2012, 10:56 AM
why the **** is Over Da Pence still allow to create threads? :pity:

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 11:04 AM
why the **** is Over Da Pence still allow to create threads? :pity:

oh come on!!

1-800-STFU
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
He is as bad as Hunter Pence

Hustla23
12-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Now that's just simply mean.

Oefarmy2005
12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Lee is having a nice year on an overachieving team. He is and has been a nice PF, but he is not a top 3 PF and possibly not even top 5.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
No, I'm not talking about Camby. And well, judging by your blatant ignorance of the Knicks and their roster, I'm not so sure how you can competently analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams.

Like I said, the Warriors are finally playing well and I'm glad you're happy. But don't be shocked if most people tend to disagree with you on this point.

Just a question, do you legitimately see the Warriors winning a championship? Because it sounds like you do.

Did you just say don't be shocked? I just helped my team win a world series with all my skill, man! The whole world said that the Detroit Tigers were better! Yet in hindsight, my team was and is better in EVERY category. I mean sure they had the Carmelo Anthony ''flashy stars'' and big names such as Justin Verlander or the ''triple crown winner'' but collectively we killed them.

Now let's talk about the NBA. Do you think that I base my decisions on what the majority of people think? Do you think I as the master reverend would dare be a follower when I am a leader? Do you have any idea what I have done? Go ask around how much of a good luck charm I am.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Lee is having a nice year on an overachieving team. He is and has been a nice PF, but he is not a top 3 PF and possibly not even top 5.

This is the typical kind of crap that I read daily. But just because I read it doesn't mean it's true. Fans believe anything, I'm not a follower. So basically this guy is calling GSW an overachieving team. Just like how in the MLB people probably called the Giants an overachieving team. So basically this guy has no umm substance to back up his claims-like I do- yet he gets to believe whatever he wants just because that's what he wants. You see, I do research, I do my homework. I'm here to educate the few that would be wiling to learn instead of being brainwashed and how that fear cultivated inside of most of you, I have no idea.

HaruSoul
12-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Over Da Pence = DMF other troll account?

I don't see how anybody can say Melo "still" sucks, when he is widely considered top 5 in the MVP race right now.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Well... I wouldn't go that far. You see, I am as bad as they come. Brian Wilson was a close 2nd though, he was pretty bad. But nobody is as bad as me. Im bad to the bone. Bone as in hitting a ball 3 times with my broken bat.

colinskik
12-13-2012, 11:16 AM

You can't argue with Knick fans about DLee -- we're the only other fan base who gives him any credit at all. The point is, DLee is a great fantasy player but in real life you need to play D as well, and Lee just doesn't do that. In fact, he practically creates lanes for players to drive to the bucket and then gets a pissy look on his face when the easy layup is made.

I'll only quickly respond to your inane ramblings about the Warriors being better than the Knicks; main point being that the Knicks are so incredibly deep (I'd argue the deepest team in the league) and still have two important pieces waiting in the wings. You forgot to mention that the Knicks also have Prigioni in the their PG mix, making their PG unit diversified depending on what they need. Felton=penetration (which gets Tyson going on put backs), Kidd=deadly shot, stifling D, and leadership, Prigioni=PnR master, wiley vet leadership and steals for days.

It's blatently clear you haven't watched the Knicks that much this season the way you talk about Melo. Besides being one of the leading scorers in the league, he also has ramped up his D (thanks to Woodson) to the point of dependable and effective. He does more than just score, kid. He also passes out of double teams incredibly well, setting up his teammates for easy looks.

Warriors have a good team, don't get me wrong. But as history shows, defense is the glue to good teams and the Knicks are a better defensive team than the Warriors.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Over Da Pence = DMF other troll account?

I don't see how anybody can say Melo "still" sucks, when he is widely considered top 5 in the MVP race right now.

Melo is the same player he has always been. Jeremy Lin helped the team do just as well last year. Of course he's ''considered'' a top 5, Carmelo is always considered but in reality he's a street one on one player who doesn't make teams better. He just happens to have a little more support right now. Look at Denver. They were good with him, even better without him. Don't believe the hype. He hasn't done anything on this team that he didn't do in Denver.

MackShock
12-13-2012, 11:19 AM
ODP, this won't be done by me, but let me tell you whats going to happen.

You're going to get banned, and this time, it's going to be for a week or longer, possibly a permaban. That is all.

Over Da Pence
12-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Warriors have a good team, don't get me wrong. But as history shows, defense is the glue to good teams and the Knicks are a better defensive team than the Warriors.

First of all, the Warriors are the deepest team. The Knicks may have an over flooded roster but Jarret Jack at this point is better than Jason Kidd. Don't get me wrong, Kidd is still good at 40. Landry is better than whoever you have at power forward on the bench.

As far as defense, we are one of the top defensive teams right now. Who on your knicks roster rebounds? Our back up power forward rebounds more per game than your undersized power forward named Carmelo Anthony. Part of defense, as a matter of fact a really big part is rebounding. You guys don't have that. It's hard to debate with you, when your team is an inferior rebounding team. Go look at the stats. Go look right now how much you rebound. Go.

SteBO
12-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Melo is the same player he has always been. Jeremy Lin helped the team do just as well last year. Of course he's ''considered'' a top 5, Carmelo is always considered but in reality he's a street one on one player who doesn't make teams better. He just happens to have a little more support right now. Look at Denver. They were good with him, even better without him. Don't believe the hype. He hasn't done anything on this team that he didn't do in Denver.
What's the point of this? You know you just turned a legitamite discussion on David Lee into 'Melo thread. Try to stay on topic please.

EDIT: NVM, it's getting closed.

king4day
12-13-2012, 11:24 AM
1. When your team/player suddenly finds success, be humble about it. If people argue that they are a flash in the pan, either debate why they are wrong or ignore them.
2. Saying 'Melo sucks' won't win you a lot of points. He's having his best year and is playing much better D. You can't simply say he sucks and expect people to take the thread seriously anymore.
3. Closing thread because it's beyond repair at this point. It's become a Knicks v. Warriors thread.