PDA

View Full Version : Dwight knows where he'll sign

HYFR
12-13-2012, 12:53 AM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/224978/Dwight_Howard_Already_Knows_Where_Hell_Sign

Why even say anything tho? He just keeps putting his foot in his mouth

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 12:54 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers have struggled to begin the 12-13 NBA season, but Dwight Howard seems to already have decided which team he will sign with as a free agent this summer.

“I know,” said Howard when asked if he knows which team he will play with next season.

Howard was also asked whether he and Kobe Bryant can coexist.

“Why can’t we coexist?” Howard asked. “Because we’re opposites? I thought opposites attract.

“You know why we can play well together? Kobe knows how hard I work and that I’m all about championships. We’re also entertainers, and for the two hours and 20 minutes that people come to a game they want to be entertained.”

I think this is what the article says.

jmoney85
12-13-2012, 12:54 AM

justinnum1
12-13-2012, 12:56 AM
it will be the lakers of course. next.

dnewguy
12-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Drama queen.

HYFR
12-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Good looks on posting the article

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 01:01 AM
If this buffoon is going to sign with LA, why not just sign the extension?

More money signing as a FA?

Well okay then why doesn't he just say he's returning for sure and then sign a contract as a FA? It would take away any distractions from the team.

This guy is a complete child.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Lololololol.

He already picked the Lakers in his mind. Just sign the ****ing extention already you idiot instead of dragging it out to the offseason to get attention.

TopsyTurvy
12-13-2012, 01:08 AM
I question whether Dwight "gets it" at all. The fiasco with Orlando underlined some of his character flaws and makes me question if, as a fan, I would support my team going after him.

Then I remember not to tug on Superman's cape, shrug my shoulders, and say, "I could root for Dwight - if he won a ring."

When this contract talk and Gasol chemistry woes are all a thing of the past, the Lakers will be happy so long as Dwight is happy.

Ill21
12-13-2012, 01:28 AM
It's pretty clear it's going to be the lakers

justinnum1
12-13-2012, 01:30 AM

Well okay then why doesn't he just say he's returning for sure and then sign a contract as a FA? It would take away any distractions from the team.

he can only get 3 years signing an extension. he can get 5 years if he just signs a new deal

Mr_Jones
12-13-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm honestly a little surprised. That is IF he signs an extension with the Lakers.

Seems as if this season has gone just about as poorly as it could. And I personally want him to be here as our next franchise player, but I do want him to work harder, and make his damn free throws.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 01:33 AM
Biggest drama queen of the NBA right now

310Casper
12-13-2012, 01:39 AM
I wish the Lakers would've made dwight sign a "I will not talk to the media until the season is over" clause when he came to LA. He's just too easy and immature to get trolled by these clever writers/reporters.

TJ Simers (LA times columnist) wrote an article on him today, I guess they had lunch together. Dwight addmited to crying a lot, being very emotional, and wanting to be liked by everyone constantly. He just came off like a 13 year old high school girl on facebook, constantly posting status updates starving for 'likes'.

link to article: http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-dwight-howard-20121213,0,3243410.column

As to missing his shots, "I hate missing," he says. "I hate missing so much, I miss. You know why? I'm always thinking I'm going to miss this and then disappoint everyone." :facepalm:

With that said, as a laker fan, i no longer care if he walks or stays at the end of the season. He is highly overrated.
Yea, i said it.

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 01:40 AM
he can only get 3 years signing an extension. he can get 5 years if he just signs a new deal

Okay that's cool, but then WHY even say all this?

Why not just go to the GM and say "I'm going to come back next season as a FA".

WHY go public and WHY say "I know where I'm playing".

shep33
12-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Raps to play alongside Bargs

bklynny67
12-13-2012, 01:54 AM
I hate Dwight. He's a huge drama queen and way overrated.

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 01:54 AM
I wish the Lakers would've made dwight sign a "I will not talk to the media until the season is over" clause when he came to LA. He's just too easy and immature to get trolled by these clever writers/reporters.

TJ Simers (LA times columnist) wrote an article on him today, I guess they had lunch together. Dwight addmited to crying a lot, being very emotional, and wanting to be liked by everyone constantly. He just came off like a 13 year old high school girl on facebook, constantly posting status updates starving for 'likes'.

link to article: http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-dwight-howard-20121213,0,3243410.column

As to missing his shots, "I hate missing," he says. "I hate missing so much, I miss. You know why? I'm always thinking I'm going to miss this and then disappoint everyone." :facepalm:

With that said, as a laker fan, i no longer care if he walks or stays at the end of the season. He is highly overrated.
Yea, i said it.

.......really?

I'll give you Kris Humphries for Dwight Howard straight up! He's an expiring 10 mill next season, at least you get some money off the books!

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I hate Dwight. Way overrated and a huge drama queen.

Oh please.

Dwight Howard is NOT overrated, all you guys are just saying that because you're letting your hate of his off court personality blind you.

Dwight Howard is the best big man in the NBA by far and has been for a while.

bklynny67
12-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Oh please.

Dwight Howard is NOT overrated, all you guys are just saying that because you're letting your hate of his off court personality blind you.

Dwight Howard is the best big man in the NBA by far and has been for a while.

Yes sir, I hope I didn't offend you. Please forgive me. :rolleyes:

PC
12-13-2012, 02:03 AM
I don't know the salary cap situation for teams this upcoming offseason but is any (realistic) team even going to have cap space to sign him?

nickdymez
12-13-2012, 02:07 AM

Name another NBA player that did that

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Name another NBA player that did that

None, but this is isn't about searching for a precedent.

If he's gonna come out and say he knows who he's signing with but won't say with who, he's just bringing unnecessary distractions to a team that really doesn't need any. The Lakers are struggling mightly without them.

Trust me, as a Lakers/Kobe HATER, I take pleasure in watching them crumble from within, but this guy is being ridiculous.

SA5195
12-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Raptors, duh.

Jokes.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-13-2012, 02:12 AM
I don't know the salary cap situation for teams this upcoming offseason but is any (realistic) team even going to have cap space to sign him?

Cavaliers (Irving), Hawks (Horford), Jazz (Favors), Mavericks (Dirk).

Out of the 4, the Cavaliers would have the most enticing pieces for the future. But if he wants to win now, the Lakers would be the best option, followed by the Mavericks. The Hawks are his hometown team so that could also be a possibility. Jazz has a small chance.

He's going to stay Lakers though. It's fairly obvious.

shep33
12-13-2012, 02:12 AM

Yeah we can give him the most money out of any team. 100 mill deal if he wants it. It's the perfect spot considering in less than 2 years it'll basically be him on the roster and nobody else. Ton of cap room to build a team around Dwight if he chooses to stay.

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah we can give him the most money out of any team. 100 mill deal if he wants it. It's the perfect spot considering in less than 2 years it'll basically be him on the roster and nobody else. Ton of cap room to build a team around Dwight if he chooses to stay.

I don't get it though, WHY would he do this? WHY would he say that? Even for him, that's beyond stupid.

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Cavaliers (Irving), Hawks (Horford), Jazz (Favors), Mavericks (Dirk).

Out of the 4, the Cavaliers would have the most enticing pieces for the future. But if he wants to win now, the Lakers would be the best option, followed by the Mavericks. The Hawks are his hometown team so that could also be a possibility. Jazz has a small chance.

He's going to stay Lakers though. It's fairly obvious.

No. If he wants to win now he goes to the Miami Heat and agrees to get paid vet min for the first 5 years.

The guy has made enough money, although he's probably still money hungry.

I know I know you meant realistically. Realistically I don't think he goes to the Hawks, Cavs, Jazz, or Mavs.

Realistically, due to contracts, he stays in LA. If it weren't for money, I would put the Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, and Nets at a 4 way tie.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-13-2012, 02:29 AM
No. If he wants to win now he goes to the Miami Heat and agrees to get paid vet min for the first 5 years.

The guy has made enough money, although he's probably still money hungry.

I know I know you meant realistically. Realistically I don't think he goes to the Hawks, Cavs, Jazz, or Mavs.

Realistically, due to contracts, he stays in LA. If it weren't for money, I would put the Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, and Nets at a 4 way tie.

He can actually go to the Clippers. They just need to shed like 5 more mil. They offer Howard the max. Once he accepts, they use their bird rights on CP3.

Won't happen though.

waveycrockett
12-13-2012, 02:46 AM
I think he's going to Dallas. LA is too old right now.

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 02:51 AM

LA is old, but Dallas? What is there for him in Dallas?

waveycrockett
12-13-2012, 02:58 AM
LA is old, but Dallas? What is there for him in Dallas?

OJ mayo is a young stud they will still have a ton of cap space. Dirk and Kobe are both the same age but I think Dirk's game complements Dwight's game wayyyyyy more and will be more willing to hand over the keys to D12.

Kobe is still an elite player in this league and isn't looking anywhere near done but his game and Dwight's dont fit at all. I think a guy like Kevin Love or Chris Bosh is what Kobe needs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 03:35 AM

Yes, Dwight wants D-Fish throwing up lobs to him.

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 03:41 AM
OJ mayo is a young stud they will still have a ton of cap space. Dirk and Kobe are both the same age but I think Dirk's game complements Dwight's game wayyyyyy more and will be more willing to hand over the keys to D12.

Kobe is still an elite player in this league and isn't looking anywhere near done but his game and Dwight's dont fit at all. I think a guy like Kevin Love or Chris Bosh is what Kobe needs.

Ummmmmmmmmmm.

Let's see I'm Dwight Howard and I can either play with Nash Gasol and Kobe in LA or with Dirk and Mayo in Dallas.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

You say Kobe's game doesn't mesh with Dwight. Why is that? Why can't they work together? Also, why would OJ Mayo be able to mesh with Dwight so well?

There's no reason for him to go to Dallas.

310Casper
12-13-2012, 03:52 AM
Lol @ oj mayo being the selling point for Dwight going to boring Texas.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-13-2012, 03:55 AM

What about Dirk?

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 04:28 AM
What about Dirk?

No, he's not a selling point.

OJ Mayo is def not, and Dirks isn't as bad but Dirks is not a selling point.

His game in theory should compliment Dwight's cause Dirk can be a good stretch 4, but to utilize Dirk by having him stand at the 3 pt line is a big waste.

Also he's old, and as a traditional big man Dwight needs a PG.

Ebbs
12-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Good stay in LA. I'd be absolutely furious if this slime ball was the face of my organization

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Good stay in LA. I'd be absolutely furious if this slime ball was the face of my organization

Dwight is not the face of his current organization.

MickeyMgl
12-13-2012, 05:22 AM

Well okay then why doesn't he just say he's returning for sure and then sign a contract as a FA?

I suspect David Stern wouldn't like it. Exercising free agency just as a matter of procedure in order to maximize your earnings. How preposterous!

krisxsong
12-13-2012, 05:25 AM
I suspect David Stern wouldn't like it. Exercising free agency just as a matter of procedure in order to maximize your earnings. How preposterous!

David Stern can't do anything about it.

b-ballistic
12-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Why they would give someone that much money who can't even hit 50% from the line is beyond me.

ldawg
12-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Why sign an extension? only a fool would. At the end of the day its about $$

kobe4thewinbang
12-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Howard's everyday thought process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8#t=97s

:facepalm:

Kinkotheclown
12-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Why sign an extension? only a fool would. At the end of the day its about $$

Yeah but the way he's playing right now is making him lose money every day.

Maybe he should spend the time he uses to say foolish crap to the media, practicing free throws. Then they might win a few more games.

thenaj17
12-13-2012, 08:07 AM

Because he gets more money by officially becoming a free agent and then re-signing with the Lakers. Get educated.

DoMeFavors
12-13-2012, 08:20 AM
he knew he wanted out of Orlando, then he knew he wanted to opt into Orlando, then he wanted out again. He knows a lot.

blacknell
12-13-2012, 09:04 AM
I think he will be Mark Cubans first big signing ever

Badluck33
12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Lololololol.

He already picked the Lakers in his mind. Just sign the ****ing extention already you idiot instead of dragging it out to the offseason to get attention.

lolololol

he will get more money if he waits to be a FA and sign a max deal for over $100 million instead of a ~$60 million extension

lololololol

Jint.
12-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Bucks..?

TheNumber37
12-13-2012, 10:01 AM
if he knows, It's the Lakers.

JiffyMix88
12-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Anybody sure that Dwight isn't a women In a android controlling him/it?

Mr_Amaziing
12-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Soo where would he sign to??

sep11ie
12-13-2012, 01:01 PM
There are a lot of teams that could afford him this offseason coming up.

Cal827
12-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah, cause I'm gonna trust the guy who constantly is changing his mind.

Before you know it, he'll return to Orlando on a 4 yr deal, starting at MLE

​​​​
12-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Dwight doesn't want to be Kobe's b****; he'll be looking at the Suns or the Hawks imo.

sep11ie
12-13-2012, 01:23 PM
He should just go to every team Shaq went to, in the same order.

Cal827
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM
He should just go to every team Shaq went to, in the same order.

Next stop, Miami I guess.

...and this would be about the time where everybody else rages lol

THE MTL
12-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Dwight Howard would leave ALOT of money on the table if he left, I highly doubt he goes anywhere.

ll_eric_ll
12-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Didnt Dwight say not too long ago, that he and cp3 where planning on teaming up in Dallas??? So obviously the Mavs are one of the teams in his mind.... If your looking for a selling point, What about our owner, one of tha best in tha bizness, and our coach, also one of tha best,.. now pair that with Dirk, MAyo, and some flexibility to sign more FA's,.. IDK I think Dallas might be tha team hes talking about lol

ll_eric_ll
12-13-2012, 02:31 PM

lol This one right here!!!,..hajaha Boring Texas?? haja Wow!!!:facepalm: