PDA

View Full Version : How much does everyone hate Eric Gordon?

Devster3
12-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I personally hate how players get offered max contracts and never play. If this guy was gonna ***** out they should be able to void his contract for not even playing a day. I mean when you contract to someone they are suppose to live up to the job (in whatever you do) This kid is a joke and honestly is why the league loses integrity.

I hate him and his ***** attitude.

what is everyone else is opinion? He will never be as good as the other max contract guards.

JNoel
12-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Lazy=Money

He's taking full advantage of the situation, though I wouldn't say that he is hated.

Swashcuff
12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't hate any NBA player so........ zero? :shrug:

310Casper
12-12-2012, 10:39 PM
What's the status with him? Is he asking for a trade?

seikou8
12-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't hate any NBA player so........ zero? :shrug:
this if you hate nba player you sir have no life

Hellcrooner
12-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Zero.

he said he didnt want to be there.

so they should ahve worked a sign and trade.

Im against Restricted F.A Aka Slavery.

Vinny642
12-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I think we'll trade him, he is a little baby though, but im happy we re-signed him

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
dwill for eric gordon

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2012, 11:08 PM
he's injured. you dont want to ruin your assets.

Its Eric Gorden.. who cares.

I could name 20 other players worse then he is to bad mouth.

Ebbs
12-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Like actually hate no. But yea I think he's basically lazy and a waste of space

jaydubb
12-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Pretend this horse is eric gordan and the person with the bat is me...

:horse:

Jus kidding.. :) Hate is a strong word, I dont hate anyone.. Besides, he stated very clearly that he didn't want to be there.

gaughan333
12-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Zero.

Yeah...all the slaves made millions of dollars a year. If they don't want to be on the team they are contracted to they could give up the money and stop playing

DeRaptor95
12-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Drama queen

Avenged
12-12-2012, 11:34 PM
He didn't want to play there, Hornets insisted. Too bad for both.

Tmath
12-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Bargnani for Gordan please

Duncan = Donkey
12-12-2012, 11:42 PM
i like him, cant blame him for not wanting to play for the hornets....or is it pelicans?

Dade County
12-12-2012, 11:44 PM
he's injured. you dont want to ruin your assets.

Its Eric Gorden.. who cares.

I could name 20 other players worse then he is to bad mouth.

But isn't he faking an injury, just so he can get traded?

I mean I am happy that the OP made this thread.

PleaseBeNice
12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
OVERRATED child

PrettyBoyJ
12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
How bad is his knee?

da ThRONe
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I place half the blame on Dell Demps. Dragging the whole Eric Gordon thing out was a mistake. We knew he was injury prone and emotional sensitive. Yet we fueled the fire by allowing him to hit free agency. We should have shipped him or gave him the money right away. I like Sam Presti's approach. Quick and decisive always acting from a position of strength.

jaydubb
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Then again, he is kinda hurting my fantasy team right now... Hmmm.... Ok i hate him!!!!

:horse: <<<--- me
^^^eric gordon

KingPosey
12-12-2012, 11:52 PM
In all fairness he was forced to sign with them right? He sure didn't want to be stuck there

KingPosey
12-12-2012, 11:55 PM
I mean restricted free agency is bull **** kinda anyways. If it has to exist make it like a 2 year cap, but they matched a full length contract offer and he gets stuck there for almost half his career?

That's not right to me

Vinny642
12-12-2012, 11:57 PM
i like him, cant blame him for not wanting to play for the hornets....or is it pelicans?

Why not? I want to hear this explaination

bleedprple&gold
12-13-2012, 12:03 AM
If he didn't want to be there he should have signed the qualifying offer and then he would become an unrestricted free agent the following year. God forbid that would mean an extra year at his measly rookie salary. If he didn't want to be there that bad he would have sacrificed the money. I don't feel sorry for him for a second.

Dade County
12-13-2012, 12:06 AM

Do you only like him because he wants to go to the suns? And did you ever say anything negative about how Lbj left the Cav's ( even though he fulfilled his contract and left as a free agent )?

Because what this F'ing guy is doing is just wrong! ( if he is faking an injury to force a trade).

AKAYaReal
12-13-2012, 12:07 AM
I wish I could have the problem of getting paid to much millions to be injured.

5ass
12-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I mean restricted free agency is bull **** kinda anyways. If it has to exist make it like a 2 year cap, but they matched a full length contract offer and he gets stuck there for almost half his career?

That's not right to me

Well he agreed to those rules when he entered the NBA. Maybe he should try the euroleague if he wanted more freedom. Besides, I think he could've taken the qualifying offer and became an UFA the following year. Too bad he's earning millions of dollars to sit on his ***. I understand he only wants to win, but things dont work that way in the NBA; you cant have it all. Look at Lebron. He spent 7 years in cleveland with ****** rosters.

Dade County
12-13-2012, 12:11 AM

That's not right to me

WTF the did you just type...

He should have not signed the contract then... You act like he is some child that didn't know 1 + 1 was going to = Damn! I'm in the N.O for like 5yrs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Pau for Anderson + Gordon

da ThRONe

That's not right to me

I agree. Basketball has too many rules and clause. Just keep things simple add a hard cap and be done with all these unnecessary rules to try and promote a false sense of balance.

Vinny642
Anyone saying why would he want to be on the Hornets is ignorant as hell considering-

They have a real owner
They signed their head coach and GM to extensions
They got the first pick in the draft.
They made a deal for the Most Improved Player
They freed up a lot of cap room for the upcoming years...

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Pau for Anderson + Gordon

LOL good luck winning with Pau ;)

gaughan333
12-13-2012, 12:14 AM
If he didn't want to be there he should have signed the qualifying offer and then he would become an unrestricted free agent the following year. God forbid that would mean an extra year at his measly rookie salary. If he didn't want to be there that bad he would have sacrificed the money. I don't feel sorry for him for a second.

Lots of this. The NBA and what seems like an increasing number of its players are a joke

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 12:14 AM
LOL good luck winning with Pau ;)

Pau + 2nd round pick?

Pretty please? :o

da ThRONe
12-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Anyone saying why would he want to be on the Hornets is ignorant as hell considering-

They have a real owner
They signed their head coach and GM to extensions
They got the first pick in the draft.
They made a deal for the Most Improved Player
They freed up a lot of cap room for the upcoming years...

Eric has been very immature. So trying to figure out why he seems not to want to play in NOLA is a waste. However it does appears he doesn't want to. I don't think his offseason actions were a ploy to get a big contract. I think he just really don't want to play for this city and/or franchise.

sep11ie
12-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Dang man, did he bang your girlfriend?

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Do you only like him because he wants to go to the suns? And did you ever say anything negative about how Lbj left the Cav's ( even though he fulfilled his contract and left as a free agent )?

Because what this F'ing guy is doing is just wrong! ( if he is faking an injury to force a trade).

I have always like Gordon since watching him that one season for Indiana. So no i dont just like him because we wants to play for Phoenix.

The only negative thing i said about Lebron, was the whole decision thing on ESPN, and joining up with 2 other superstars to form the big 3. Never said anything bad about him for leaving Cleveland.

hugepatsfan
12-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Zero.

lulz

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Why not? I want to hear this explaination

why cant we blame him for not wanting to play for the hornets? uhh because its his choice

hugepatsfan
12-13-2012, 12:46 AM
The Hornets said they were going to match. If Gordon really didn't want to be there, he could have just signed the 1 year tender and then been unrestricted this year. But no, he felt he was too good for the free agent system in place and wanted his long term deal now . He deserves to be stuck in NO because he was an arrogant prick who thinks he's above the league rules. He's a valuable asset and NO is well within their rights to maximize his value to them. He should stop being a whiny ***** since he put himself in the situation by being greedy.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 12:46 AM
why cant we blame him for not wanting to play for the hornets? uhh because its his choice

No... what would be a logical reason he doesn't want to play in New Orleans?...

nolafan33
12-13-2012, 12:49 AM
He's not lazy, he's hurt. Dell Demps commented tonight that they sent him to the best rehab center in the country, also state of the art and it's what the Hornets new training facility is being modeled after.

It's frustrating, but I just want to see him get healthy.

nolafan33
12-13-2012, 12:51 AM
The Hornets said they were going to match. If Gordon really didn't want to be there, he could have just signed the 1 year tender and then been unrestricted this year. But no, he felt he was too good for the free agent system in place and wanted his long term deal now . He deserves to be stuck in NO because he was an arrogant prick who thinks he's above the league rules. He's a valuable asset and NO is well within their rights to maximize his value to them. He should stop being a whiny ***** since he put himself in the situation by being greedy.

This guy gets it. If Gordon really didn't want to play in New Orleans, he wouldn't have touched Phoenix's offer sheet. It's literally as simple as that.

TheNumber37
12-13-2012, 12:51 AM
He had no interest in playing there, he's injured, he's already got paid - no need to rush himself back.

I think he'll be traded by this Summer, unless they are THAT desperate to see what the Pelicans' Rivers, Davis and Gordon will do....

I say he lands in Phoenix (where he wanted).
If not, the Kings need to try to dump cousins or Evans (probably the latter for Gordon)
Sixers, Bulls, Nuggets, Pacers, and Wolves should all make that call.

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 12:52 AM
No... what would be a logical reason he doesn't want to play in New Orleans?...

crap team
doesn't like city
felt disrespected he wasn't offered an extension earlier

there could be a number of logical reasons he doesn't want to play for NO

nolafan33
12-13-2012, 12:53 AM
The Hornets offered him a contract multiple times before he signed that offer sheet.

His heart was in Phoenix because he was butt hurt that we didn't call him at midnight.

bleedprple&gold
12-13-2012, 12:54 AM
The Hornets said they would match any offer so wtf did he think was going to happen? If he's really faking the hornets should suspend him indefinetly without pay. I have a feeling he'll heal real quick.

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 12:58 AM
The Hornets offered him a contract multiple times before he signed that offer sheet.

His heart was in Phoenix because he was butt hurt that we didn't call him at midnight.

dont think they offered him the max though

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 01:08 AM
dont think they offered him the max though

But we still paid him it... so how does that explain now?

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 01:08 AM
crap team
doesn't like city
felt disrespected he wasn't offered an extension earlier

there could be a number of logical reasons he doesn't want to play for NO

crap team?? and the suns have much better of a future right?
and he was offered extensions... and we paid him the max so.....

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 01:19 AM
But we still paid him it... so how does that explain now?

Put yourself in Gordon shoes.

He is probably thinking they are not offering me the max, trying to low ball me. so how bad could they want me - he declines the extension. he is probably pissed of at NO for not offering the max extension

Off -season time - they still not offering me the max, they say go and find Ur best deal and we will match it. This would've pissed him off heaps. Signs the offer sheet with PHX hoping NO doesn't match it after trashing the Hornets org and praising PHX org saying his heart in Phoenix etc.

NO match the offer and Gordon is pissed and wants to leave preferably to Phoenix.

Thats how i think he sees it.

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 01:21 AM
crap team?? and the suns have much better of a future right?
and he was offered extensions... and we paid him the max so.....

Oh dear, hit a nerve did I.

Yes i totally said the suns have a much better future:rolleyes:

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Put yourself in Gordon shoes.

He is probably thinking they are not offering me the max, trying to low ball me. so how bad could they want me - he declines the extension. he is probably pissed of at NO for not offering the max extension

Off -season time - they still not offering me the max, they say go and find Ur best deal and we will match it. This would've pissed him off heaps. Signs the offer sheet with PHX hoping NO doesn't match it after trashing the Hornets org and praising PHX org saying his heart in Phoenix etc.

NO match the offer and Gordon is pissed and wants to leave preferably to Phoenix.

Thats how i think he sees it.

You are giving Phx tooo much credit lol

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 01:22 AM
You are giving Phx tooo much credit lol

how so?

OldStyleCubbies
12-13-2012, 01:25 AM
I personally love the guy.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 01:27 AM
how so?

You make it seem like Phoenix was raving about the Suns lol, like the Suns team is that much of a desirable destination.... he would have went anywhere where the $$$ was

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 01:30 AM
You make it seem like Phoenix was raving about the Suns lol, like the Suns team is that much of a desirable destination.... he would have went anywhere where the $$$ was

but the $$$ were in phoenix and that's there he wanted to go, that's a fact.
And he was raving about the suns. These are all facts.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 01:34 AM
but the $$$ were in phoenix and that's there he wanted to go, that's a fact.
And he was raving about the suns. These are all facts.

No he wasnt..... all he said is his "heart" is in Phoenix....

he never raved about there squad... and his main goal was to get the offer, and he did, he doesnt care as long as he gets paid

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 01:42 AM
No he wasnt..... all he said is his "heart" is in Phoenix....

he never raved about there squad... and his main goal was to get the offer, and he did, he doesnt care as long as he gets paid

i never said he raved about their squad, he raved about the organisation

Mr. (Robert) Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the Front Office Staff and Coach (Alvin) Gentry run a first-class organization,
Even though thats not true, lol

I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me

If he only cared about getting the offer, why did he continue to piss of New Orleans and their fans after he signed the offer sheet, remember the Team USA interview. Yeah he wanted out of New Orleans.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 01:44 AM
i never said he raved about their squad, he raved about the organisation

Even though thats not true, lol

If he only cared about getting the offer, why did he continue to piss of New Orleans and their fans after he signed the offer sheet, remember the Team USA interview. Yeah he wanted out of New Orleans.

Have you seen his tweets??? They are New Orleans positive...

EG is a little baby, he just wants to feel important, don't worry, he wont ever have to burden your Suns lol

SMH!
12-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Zero.

Slavery?? :facepalm::facepalm: I'd love to be slave with a max contract, where do I sign up?

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Have you seen his tweets??? They are New Orleans positive...

EG is a little baby, he just wants to feel important, don't worry, he wont ever have to burden your Suns lol

Believe it or not, i dont follow NBA players on twitter, lol.

But yes i agree he wont be on a PHX roster anytime soon, i was kinda hoping Austin Rivers would be a decent player and would take Gordon's spot which could have made Gordon expendable (hoped of a possible trade to phoenix). Then i seen Rivers play and that dream was over.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 02:13 AM
Believe it or not, i dont follow NBA players on twitter, lol.

But yes i agree he wont be on a PHX roster anytime soon, i was kinda hoping Austin Rivers would be a decent player and would take Gordon's spot which could have made Gordon expendable (hoped of a possible trade to phoenix). Then i seen Rivers play and that dream was over.

That was such an idiotic dream honestly, considering how the Hornets said they were going to change Rivers from a scoring guard to a pg, which he has done pretty good. Of course we have our non intelligent people that only look at stats... and don't know how easy Rivers can change....

The only things Rivers needs to become a better player is to be more confident in his shot, and to get a little stronger and then he'll be fine. Oh and work on his defensive closing out on shooters.

Denver-boy
12-13-2012, 02:16 AM
lol I actually just hate you for making me click on this, who cares??

Denver-boy
12-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Slavery?? :facepalm::facepalm: I'd love to be slave with a max contract, where do I sign up?

fyi slaves never got paid lol

Slavery= Doing hard work against your will, for free, and treated like a dog.

Sport contracts= Doing hard work playing a game and getting extremely overpaid for it.

AP please read this!

PC
12-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Zero.

Not getting this comparison at all

Right off the bat he's getting paid millions to play basketball and i have no idea how that qualifies remotely as slavery

If he didn't want to be there, he shouldn't have risked the Hornets matching a long term deal. Sign a 1 year deal and become unrestricted the next year

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 02:30 AM
That was such an idiotic dream honestly, considering how the Hornets said they were going to change Rivers from a scoring guard to a pg, which he has done pretty good. Of course we have our non intelligent people that only look at stats... and don't know how easy Rivers can change....

The only things Rivers needs to become a better player is to be more confident in his shot, and to get a little stronger and then he'll be fine. Oh and work on his defensive closing out on shooters.

Of course its idiotic, it was a dream. I knew it wouldn't happen i just hoped it would.

your in denial about rivers, he wont amount to anything.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 02:35 AM
Of course its idiotic, it was a dream. I knew it wouldn't happen i just hoped it would.

your in denial about rivers, he wont amount to anything.

Lmao says you?

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Lmao says you?

you will see

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 02:39 AM
you will see

Well yeah I will, you are saying a rookie won't amount to anything based off of nothing

shep33
12-13-2012, 02:45 AM
New Orleans is smart to have re-signed him though. His value isn't sky high, but he can still get them a decent piece. What a guy though. I mean, the Hornets aren't half bad. Yeah their record sucks, but they play teams pretty hard. They're missing a guy who can get them 20+ a game on the perimeter, which happens to be their weakest link.

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Well yeah I will, you are saying a rookie won't amount to anything based off of nothing

Not good enough ball handler to be a PG
Cant play off the ball
Always drives right, cant drive left at all
cant finish around the rim
Low BBall IQ
Shoots low %

he is going to be a career bench player. he just isn't that good

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Jarred Bayless with a famous last name

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 03:22 AM
Not good enough ball handler to be a PG
Cant play off the ball
Always drives right, cant drive left at all
cant finish around the rim
Low BBall IQ
Shoots low %

he is going to be a career bench player. he just isn't that good

He actually is a very good ball handler
Low bball IQ.... ??? LOL joke?
Shoots Low %- Like I said, with confidence, it will improve.
Cant finish around the rim- like I said he will get stronger, and wa la, that is solved
Always drives right, that is one thing he is going to have to work at

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 03:33 AM
He actually is a very good ball handler
Low bball IQ.... ??? LOL joke?
Shoots Low %- Like I said, with confidence, it will improve.
Cant finish around the rim- like I said he will get stronger, and wa la, that is solved
Always drives right, that is one thing he is going to have to work at

why is it a joke? because his name is rivers and therefore he has a high ball iq, thats a joke

all i see when i watch him play is a iso scorer who frankly is not a good one, what makes you think he has a high bball iq?

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 03:47 AM
why is it a joke? because his name is rivers and therefore he has a high ball iq, thats a joke

all i see when i watch him play is a iso scorer who frankly is not a good one, what makes you think he has a high bball iq?

his ability to adapt from a passer to a scorer, he doesn't make bad passes often, but the way NO plays, no one guard holds the ball in his hands for an extended period of time, it is very random depending who is on the floor.

You forget to mention his great work ethic and attitude too, but smart guy, you seem to know a lot about rivers and the hornets.... :rolleyes:

Maybe u should stop being salty you didnt get Gordon

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2012, 04:42 AM
his ability to adapt from a passer to a scorer, he doesn't make bad passes often, but the way NO plays, no one guard holds the ball in his hands for an extended period of time, it is very random depending who is on the floor.

You forget to mention his great work ethic and attitude too, but smart guy, you seem to know a lot about rivers and the hornets.... :rolleyes:

Maybe u should stop being salty you didnt get Gordon

oh dear

eso
12-13-2012, 06:51 AM
if i was a great athlete i could see myself working hard getting my Max contract and then snorting soo much cocaine and doing lots of unspeakable things to many many women so i cant judge the man **** i do lots of cocaine on my incomes now..

king4day
12-13-2012, 11:06 AM
I like him. A star player was willing to sign with Phoenix and fight to be there.
While it's possible he's faking this, it's too big a risk. If you get caught, your contract gets voided and it's all for nothing.

Vinny642
12-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I like him. A star player was willing to sign with Phoenix and fight to be there.
While it's possible he's faking this, it's too big a risk. If you get caught, your contract gets voided and it's all for nothing.

As much as I want to believe he isnt faking, im not sure anymore... because being out for 2 years for a bum knee sounds stupid, but he was caught faking(which would be hard to prove), he could really void his contract??