PDA

View Full Version : How good would winning a title with the Clippers be for the league?

JordansBulls
12-12-2012, 01:34 PM
How good would winning a title with the Clippers be for the league?

Would they then become a marquee destination and a franchise that produces high revenue for the league?

THE MTL
12-12-2012, 01:37 PM
I mean they never won a title before and never came close either. And the NBA been just fine. :/

Cal827
12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I mean they never won a title before and never came close either. And the NBA been just fine. :/

LOL, Well, by that Logic, if they win, the NBA will go into ruins :speechless:

Question Answered

/ Thread

... Back to the main point, could make more revenue (as LA is the NBA moneymaker), but it could potentially hurt small market teams from a competitive point of view, as here could potentially be another huge market (with more endorsements and whatnot would come with a title), that could form big three's from smaller market players.

PleaseBeNice
12-12-2012, 02:02 PM
JB ya'll

RocketLoc80
12-12-2012, 02:14 PM
It would be great for the league. A franchise that has never been a winner finally getting to the top and it would cement C Paul`s legacy as one of the best in the game and one of the greatest PG`s of this generation

Money_23
12-12-2012, 02:17 PM
CP3 would be in the conversation among the greatest ever since he would have led a team that have never won anything to their first championship.

ManRam
12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't think it would be really benefit the league any more than it would if any other team besides LAL, SA, MIA, NYK, BOS, CHI, HOU won.

It would do more great things for CP3 than it would the NBA.

The Clippers aren't worth a ton as a franchise, but they have long been profitable.

lakers4sho
12-12-2012, 03:08 PM
About as good as if they get swept in the first round by the Lakers

Dade County
12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Not good at all.

sep11ie
12-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Super duper good!

xxplayerxx23
12-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Do they have hca?

theheatles
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Clippers are quietly already a top 5 most lucrative NBA franchise

StarvingKnick22
12-12-2012, 07:47 PM
It wouldn't be anywhere near good for the league. L.A winning a championship is so usual and the only people it be appealing to are Californians.

Cracka2HI!
12-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Gotta love Laker fans! Not every thread has to be about your team, and you posting that right now makes you look like a complete tool. Still think the Lakers gonna win it all huh? Man I wish I could ignore facts so easily. This would be like me posting the Clippers have 17 titles!!

king4day
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
It'd be great for the league. LA being a big market and they love having those teams in the finals, why not the Clips?
I'd much rather see them compete for the next ten years than the lakers for another 30.

SMH!
12-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Do they have hca?

:laugh2:

lakers4sho
12-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Gotta love Laker fans! Not every thread has to be about your team, and you posting that right now makes you look like a complete tool. Still think the Lakers gonna win it all huh? Man I wish I could ignore facts so easily. This would be like me posting the Clippers have 17 titles!!

damn no need to get all worked up on a single statement :rolleyes:

maybe because it's true :rolleyes:

mightybosstone
12-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Everyone's laughing at this thread, but JB has a great point. A Clippers' title would be great for a number of reasons...

1. It proves that LA has two competitive basketball teams and players will have to actually consider which team they prefer in free agency if the Clippers have better talent.

2. It cements Chris Paul's legacy as an all-time great and skyrockets Griffin's career forward as one of the better PFs in the NBA. This can't possibly be bad for the league, as they're an extremely marketable, likable duo. Also, this could be big for Billups' legacy if he's a significant contributor.

3. It's always great when there are numerous relatively young, talented franchises. Between the Heat, the Thunder, the Clippers, Chicago (with a healthy Rose), Golden State, Houston, Philly, Minnesota etc., the future of this league is looking up, not down. And with a team other than the Thunder competing in the West, we could have a great new conference rivalry that we haven't seen in the West since Spurs/Lakers and Spurs/Suns.

mamba24
12-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Would they then become a marquee destination and a franchise that produces high revenue for the league?

I dont think we will ever know the answer to that question...

mdm692
12-13-2012, 12:45 PM
It'd be great for the league. LA being a big market and they love having those teams in the finals, why not the Clips?
I'd much rather see them compete for the next ten years than the lakers for another 30.

How about MEM and OKC instead of eithe LA teams.

LongWayFromHome
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM

They are always one of the best money makers even when they suck.

PleaseBeNice
12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
It all comes down to HCA

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2012, 06:34 PM
damn no need to get all worked up on a single statement :rolleyes:

maybe because it's true :rolleyes:

Nope Laker fans like you know nothing about basketball. It's fun to point that out.

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2012, 10:39 PM

I'm not sure the Lakers can sweep a college team genius :laugh2:

LASportsFan1996
12-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Lol clipper fans talking ish

ohreally
12-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Memphis, OKC, Golden State with Bogut, Denver, though they're looking doubtful, would all be better fo th league than another LA team winning. And the first three have a better chance, as do the Spurs, old as they are. But then, I don't really get the Clippers love.

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2012, 11:32 PM

It's one Clippers fan and I was talking to one Laker fan. He said the Lakers would sweep the Clippers in the 1st Round. I'm sorry but with all the rubbish Laker fans post on this site that is worthy of ridicule.

bucketss
12-13-2012, 11:35 PM
How good would winning a title with the raptors be for the league?

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Memphis, OKC, Golden State with Bogut, Denver, though they're looking doubtful, would all be better fo th league than another LA team winning. And the first three have a better chance, as do the Spurs, old as they are. But then, I don't really get the Clippers love.

That's because there really isn't much Clipper love. Even at Clippers games there is a lot of Lakers fans there. They aren't very loud for us. That will change by seasons end IMO.

naps
12-14-2012, 12:10 AM
That will be great for Blake Griffin because he'll win as the man for a franchise that has never won anything prior to him. It'll also add to Griffin's legacy if he wins without HCA.

lakers4sho
12-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Nope Laker fans like you know nothing about basketball. It's fun to point that out.

It's one Clippers fan and I was talking to one Laker fan. He said the Lakers would sweep the Clippers in the 1st Round. I'm sorry but with all the rubbish Laker fans post on this site that is worthy of ridicule.

Well maybe before you start coming at me with idiotic responses you should learn some reading comprehension.

Please, point out where I said the Lakers "would sweep the Clippers in the 1st Rd".

Geez all the clipper fans on their high horses even before winning anything remotely significant :rolleyes:

lakers4sho
12-14-2012, 12:23 AM
It's ok, I understand you guys are so used to mediocrity that you have to be this defensive against this kind of banter :rolleyes:

kylem4711
12-14-2012, 01:06 AM

why wouldn't we be right now? btw, were you really born in 1996? ha

kylem4711
12-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Well maybe before you start coming at me with idiotic responses you should learn some reading comprehension.

Please, point out where I said the Lakers "would sweep the Clippers in the 1st Rd".

Geez all the clipper fans on their high horses even before winning anything remotely significant :rolleyes:

ha. how quickly you forget that all of laker land was on their high horse before the season even started. quit being such a joke.

lakers4sho
12-14-2012, 01:27 AM
we got the hardware to back it up

kylem4711
12-14-2012, 01:30 AM
we got the hardware to back it up

and theeeere it is.

Uhhhhh well look at our championships. :horse:

Kashmir13579
12-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Passive aggressive JB thread directed towards Chronz?

Method28
12-14-2012, 04:06 AM
That will be great for Blake Griffin because he'll win as the man for a franchise that has never won anything prior to him. It'll also add to Griffin's legacy if he wins without HCA.

While I agree it would help Griffin...he imo is not "the man." That would be CP3. It would be that CP3 came to the lowly Clippers and recruited other players (billups etc) and led the Clippers to the promise land.

thesprite
12-14-2012, 04:33 AM
While I agree it would help Griffin...he imo is not "the man." That would be CP3. It would be that CP3 came to the lowly Clippers and recruited other players (billups etc) and led the Clippers to the promise land.

I'm sure he's being "specifically sarcastic"..

For the OP, as if LA is new to celebrations. But question is, would Lakers fans celebrate/recognize the championship for the Clips? Or at least for the city of LA?

naps
12-14-2012, 11:21 AM

Yea but he joined forces. He didn't win anything with the franchise that drafted him. So he can win league MVPs, championships and still can't be the man. HCA matters too.

Cracka2HI!
12-14-2012, 06:15 PM

JordansBulls
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
They are always one of the best money makers even when they suck.

In what way are they one of the best money makers? They never had stars so who would go to the games over Lakers games?