PDA

View Full Version : Now that the Clippers are relevant, shouldnt they have their own arena?

LTBaByyy
12-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Every time I watch a Clippers home game I think of the Lakers, especially with all the yellow banners when they play at home

I think will really step out of the Lakers shadow and have their own identity is when they have their own arena

Win they start winning things, I really don't see Staples Center putting them banners next to all the Lakers ones

AddiX
12-12-2012, 02:08 AM
I don't know the la landscape very well, but I'm assuming there's not much room for an arena, and I'm sure the last thing people in la want to do is watch there tax money go to an arena.

LTBaByyy
12-12-2012, 02:11 AM
It can be in Anaheim and still be called LA Clippers

Like the Angels

Chronz
12-12-2012, 02:14 AM
As a fan of efficiency and tradition, no

LA has 1 arena for basketball. It should stay that way.

Over Da Pence
12-12-2012, 02:15 AM
If the Clippers are relevant, Staples is theirs

Baller1
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Yeah, it's about to start getting built in downtown Seattle.

shep33
12-12-2012, 02:25 AM
No. Doesn't make sense to have 2 arenas. What's been the problem so far with sharing a building? Heck no hockey only means more flexibility!

LTBaByyy
12-12-2012, 02:27 AM

Gary Payton = CP3

Griffin = Shawn Kemp

The new Seattle Supersonics!!! That team would be the best team to rival the Thunder since they are already starting to begin a rival with them being 2 of the elite teams in the West

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 02:31 AM
they could always play at the honda center

mikekhelxD
12-12-2012, 02:32 AM
They should go back to LA Memorial then.

DreamShaker
12-12-2012, 02:33 AM
They have one of the cheapest and worst owners in sports, no way he shells out the monet for a new arena.

Clippersfan86
12-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Clippers fans have wanted it for a long time. Problem is Clippers are so profitable AND have a cheap rent compared to having their own arena
that Sterling will likely never do it. He's all about money like most owners unfortunately. We need a fan style owner like Cuban and I'd love a move to Anaheim.

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 02:42 AM
in seattle maybe otherwise their fine at staples center

richiesaurus310
12-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Why would we leave Staples Center for the focking Honda Center lmao

Chronz
12-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Clippers fans have wanted it for a long time. Problem is Clippers are so profitable AND have a cheap rent compared to having their own arena
that Sterling will likely never do it. He's all about money like most owners unfortunately. We need a fan style owner like Cuban and I'd love a move to Anaheim.

why?

LTBaByyy
12-12-2012, 03:53 AM
This would be the perfect team for Supersonics

If not, move them to Anaheim but keep the name LA Clippers

Lakers and Dodgers fans vs Clippers and Angels fans (Anaheim)

Chronz
12-12-2012, 04:01 AM
This would be the perfect team for Supersonics

If not, move them to Anaheim but keep the name LA Clippers

Lakers and Dodgers fans vs Clippers and Angels fans (Anaheim)

Yea too bad teams are in the business of making money and attracting fan bases/large markets

c.c.
12-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Nope! The Clippers need their own city!!!

Baller1
12-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Gary Payton = CP3

Griffin = Shawn Kemp

The new Seattle Supersonics!!! That team would be the best team to rival the Thunder since they are already starting to begin a rival with them being 2 of the elite teams in the West

I wish...

CLOUD-9
12-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Q: Now that the Clippers are relevant, shouldnt they have their own arena???

A: Yes, but not only own arena. Clippers need to get there own City. I say move them to STL, Las Vegas, San Jose, Anaheim, KC....... Force them to get out of the shadow of the Lakers. Clippers need there own identity if they want to move forward as a real championship contending team.

2-ONE-5
12-12-2012, 08:09 AM
being relevant for 2 years doesnt warrant their own arena. They could easily be irrelevant by the time a new one is complete.

cg_la00
12-12-2012, 08:16 AM
uuuuhhh no. if they want an arena then they could move to seattle and become the supersonics. i miss that team actually :(

todu82
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Always surprised me a little as well. Then again New York City just has the 1 NFL stadium for their 2 teams.

IndyRealist
12-12-2012, 12:25 PM
So they can pay all of the year round operating costs for a massive arena by themselves? It's a sweetheart deal as is, man.

lamzoka
12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Always surprised me a little as well. Then again New York City just has the 1 NFL stadium for their 2 teams.

Actually there is no Football stadium in the city of New York. MetLife stadium is located in New Jersey. I always tell my friends i do not understand how is the Jets and the Giants are New York teams, but yet their stadium and their practice facilities are located in another state. (think about it, move the clippers to seattle and still called them L.A. Clippers :rolleyes: )

DerekRE_3
12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get an arena built in California? It took around 10 years just to approve the Staples Center. And that was before the state budget was completely ****ed.

topdog
12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes, in Seattle.

Chronz
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM
lol Seattle

Cracka2HI!
12-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I have read some of the dumbest comments ever in this thread. The Clippers are not tied to the Lakers at all. They are their own team with their own fan base. They have had good attendance since moving to Staples. Why the **** would they move to a city where they have no fan base? Some of you clearly don't know the 1st thing about business. I mean now the Clippers are good move them to St Louis, Seattle or Las Vegas? Why not take it a step further...now that the Clippers are good why don't we just contract them!?!?

Chronz
12-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Why not take it a step further...now that the Clippers are good why don't we just contract them!?!?

That would have been genius

mrblisterdundee
12-12-2012, 09:38 PM
If the Clippers are to leave Staples Center but stay in Los Angeles, they're best off at the Honda Center in Anaheim. If they are to leave Los Angeles, which I would prefer, they're best off San Jose at the HP Pavilion. If they were to build a new arena, I would prefer they go back to San Diego.

mrblisterdundee
12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Q: Now that the Clippers are relevant, shouldnt they have their own arena???

A: Yes, but not only own arena. Clippers need to get there own City. I say move them to STL, Las Vegas, San Jose, Anaheim, KC....... Force them to get out of the shadow of the Lakers. Clippers need there own identity if they want to move forward as a real championship contending team.

I hear the IZOD Center is available, and it holds about 1,000 more people than the Staples Center.

Chronz
12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
I hear the IZOD Center is available, and it holds about 1,000 more people than the Staples Center.

LOL the swamps?

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
so

Cracka2HI!
12-12-2012, 11:10 PM
If the Clippers are to leave Staples Center but stay in Los Angeles, they're best off at the Honda Center in Anaheim. If they are to leave Los Angeles, which I would prefer, they're best off San Jose at the HP Pavilion. If they were to build a new arena, I would prefer they go back to San Diego.

I can understand people saying Anaheim. I live walking distance to the Pond(which it will always be to me) and I even want the Clippers to stay at Staples. It's one of the most prestigious buildings in sports. Once again the Clippers have nothing to do with the Lakers.

LA>WORLD___KOBE
12-12-2012, 11:40 PM
YEah put that stadium in anahiem just like the angels lol cuz there no room around here

Team*Chicago
12-13-2012, 02:59 AM
The Clippers do have their own arena it's called the Staples Center and the Clippers were there first and they've played in Los Angeles before the Lakers ever did. The only differance is that the people in Los Angeles cared about the #2 team(Lakers) far more than they cared about the #1 team(Clippers). It's like caring about your steph child(Lakers) more than you cared about your own true biological child(Clippers). The Lakers are the ones who should get there own arena the Clippers already have theirs.

cg_la00
12-13-2012, 05:32 AM
The Clippers do have their own arena it's called the Staples Center and the Clippers were there first and they've played in Los Angeles before the Lakers ever did. The only differance is that the people in Los Angeles cared about the #2 team(Lakers) far more than they cared about the #1 team(Clippers). It's like caring about your steph child(Lakers) more than you cared about your own true biological child(Clippers). The Lakers are the ones who should get there own arena the Clippers already have theirs.

LMFAO!!! :facepalm: uuhhh the laker organization moved to los angeles waaay before the clippers did. the clips were the buffalo braves and then moved to san diego before moving to LA in 1984.

now if you meant like literally playing in the city of los angeles before the lakers then yea i guess they did since the lakers played in the forum in inglewood and the clips played in the LA memorial sports arena but regardless, the lakers are the #1 team here not the clippers smh

Losoway
12-13-2012, 06:07 AM
the staple center will be the clippers by the end of the year. its looking like the lakers might be the new clippers

c.c.
12-13-2012, 06:29 AM

Because the Lakers won so much in their time there, way more than the Clippers have won. Bandwagon fans only like teams if they are winning.

KingsPhillies
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=baller101200;24696237]Yeah, it's about to start getting built in downtown Seattle.[/QUOTE

I was thinking the same thing...take the Clippers, not my Kings! :D

But yes, I do think the Clippers deserve their own building. I don't think any major league teams should have to share arenas if they're in the same league. But that's pure opinion, as I am no economist.

Ironically enough, the two major buildings that share teams of the same sport are in New York/New Jersey and L.A. One would think if any metro areas would have multiple buildings for teams in the same sport it would be these two. I just think it's kinda funny that big, recent championship-winning franchises like the New York Giants and Lakers currently have to share their building. The Nets were smart to do what they did in Brooklyn.

LongWayFromHome
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM

We get it dude.