PDA

View Full Version : If the Lakers missed playoffs, Suns would get lottery pick

sunsfan88
12-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Now, I'm not saying that they definitely will miss the playoffs or anything but by the look it, its definitely a strong possibility. Despite having 4 All Stars on the team, the Lakers are absolute trash and their counting on a 40 year old player to save their season.

Usually, you can look at this and say "Fine, Lakers will finally miss playoffs but at least they will be able to add a stud rookie from the draft and finally get some young blood to team with Kobe & Co"

But that, apparently, is not the case here. The Lakers traded their *protected 2013 first round pick and unprotected 2015 first round pick to acquire Steve Nash from Phoenix this past off season.

*the restriction is that if the Lakers make playoffs, then the Suns would get the worse of the Lakers and Heat 1st round and the Cavs would get the other 1st rd pick. HOWEVER, IF THE LAKERS MISS PLAYOFFS, THAT LOTTERY PICK BELONGS TO THE PHOENIX SUNS.

**If by chance the Lakers MISS the playoffs this season (they are 9-12 right now), the Suns get their pick outright.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/12/11/3753398/suns-president-lon-babby-ready-to-act-sooner-than-later-on-trade

This is actually a plus sign for the Laker fans. It means that the Lakers and their FO will do absolutely whatever it takes to at least make playoffs (meaning trades) since it would quite embarrassing for them to miss post season and not even get awarded for it. Lakers, unfortunately, are too smart for that.

But yea missing playoffs for the Lakers is a loss-loss scenario. :clap:

Right now, their competing with the follow teams for playoff contention:

SA
OKC
MEMPHIS
LAC
GS
UTAH
DALLAS
DENVER

*Also Minnesota once they get Rubio healthy would be dangerous too. Same can be said for the Lakers too after they get Nash, so we'll see.

seikou8
12-12-2012, 12:11 AM
lakers wont miss the playoffs what is wrong psd

seikou8
12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Now, I'm not saying that they definitely will miss the playoffs or anything but by the look it, its definitely a strong possibility. Despite having 4 All Stars on the team, the Lakers are absolute trash and their counting on a 40 year old player to save their season.

Usually, you can look at this and say "Fine, Lakers will finally miss playoffs but at least they will be able to add a stud rookie from the draft and finally get some young blood to team with Kobe & Co"

But that, apparently, is not the case here. The Lakers traded their *protected 2013 first round pick and unprotected 2015 first round pick to acquire Steve Nash from Phoenix this past off season.

*the restriction is that if the Lakers make playoffs, then the Suns would get the worse of the Lakers and Heat 1st round and the Cavs would get the other 1st rd pick. HOWEVER, IF THE LAKERS MISS PLAYOFFS, THAT LOTTERY PICK BELONGS TO THE PHOENIX SUNS.

This is actually a plus sign for the Laker fans. It means that the Lakers and their FO will do absolutely whatever it takes to at least make playoffs (meaning trades) since it would quite embarrassing for them to miss post season and not even get awarded for it. Lakers, unfortunately, are too smart for that.

SA
OKC
MEMPHIS
LAC
GS
UTAH
DALLAS
DENVER

*Also Minnesota once they get Rubio healthy would be dangerous too. Same can be said for the Lakers too after they get Nash, so we'll see.

:facepalm: its december

JNoel
12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Lakers

bholly
12-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Suns forum, man. Nobody else cares about this at this point.

Baller1
12-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Man... That'd be so ****ing awesome. :laugh2:

Very doubtful though, LA will figure it out.

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2012, 12:24 AM
I love how people are like: I don't care what their record is... it's december. Yeah... it's getting on to be two months into the season and the Lakers are UNDER .500 That is cause for concern.

Nobody would have predicted the Lakers would be under .500 heading into January! NOBDOY! Yet it looks like that will very much be the case.

sunsfan88
12-12-2012, 12:33 AM
I love how people are like: I don't care what their record is... it's december. Yeah... it's getting on to be two months into the season and the Lakers are UNDER .500 That is cause for concern.

Nobody would have predicted the Lakers would be under .500 heading into January! NOBDOY! Yet it looks like that will very much be the case.

And then in March if the Lakers still have a bad record, the same people are going to say "Its ONE season...who cares...the Lakers a bunch of championships, does your team?"

richiesaurus310
12-12-2012, 12:34 AM
lakers wont miss the playoffs what is wrong psd

Im not saying its gonna happen but that thought has started to pop up more and more now. Plus the Lakers are probably gonna lose to the knicks which would put them at 9-14 with 59 to go. If they win 35/59, 60%, of those itd just put them at 44-38 and out of the playoffs since theyll probably need at least 45 wins to be the 8th seed. Its gonna be interesting in LA to say the least.

seikou8
12-12-2012, 12:34 AM

so that why we watch the games and no one would predict that knicks would 16-5 in 21 games but they are

raiderposting
12-12-2012, 02:08 AM
lakers are 2 games out of the playoffs. They're going to make the ****ing playoffs. Get real.

Guppyfighter
12-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Only one team in NBA history has made the playoffs after losing every single preseason game.

sunsfan88
01-11-2013, 05:59 AM
lakers are 2 games out of the playoffs. They're going to make the ****ing playoffs. Get real.

Oh ok.

c.c.
01-11-2013, 06:14 AM

Don't be so sure

richiesaurus310
01-11-2013, 06:20 AM
The Lakers now need to go 30-17 the rest of the way to have a chance at the 8th seed. They have to win 64% of their remaining games. This is getting closer to becoming a reality. Looking at their schedule theyre gonna lose at least 8 more games.

SouthSideRookie
01-11-2013, 07:00 AM
The Lakers now need to go 30-17 the rest of the way to have a chance at the 8th seed. They have to win 64% of their remaining games. This is getting closer to becoming a reality. Looking at their schedule theyre gonna lose at least 8 more games.

It makes it a lot more difficult in the west. In the east you can get away with a key injury or work on chemistry issues and not get burried in the standing.

raiderposting
01-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Ill bet anyone lakers make the playoffs, lets make it very interesting.

lakers4sho
01-11-2013, 07:13 AM
der Führer Stern will make sure the Lakers get in.

Badluck33
01-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I dont think there is a bigger mess in the NBA right now, outside the LA Lakers.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-11-2013, 08:08 AM
The unprotected 2015 could be a excellent pick as well for the Suns.

sunsfan88
01-12-2013, 06:16 AM
I dont think there is a bigger mess in the NBA right now, outside the LA Lakers.

They are the Jets of the NBA.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-12-2013, 06:31 AM
der Führer Stern will make sure the Lakers get in.

Awesome . Lol

JRisdabest
01-12-2013, 06:46 AM
el oh el @ lakers.

NYYCowboys
01-12-2013, 06:56 AM

SA
OKC
MEMPHIS
LAC
GS
UTAH
DALLAS
DENVER

This part made me lol. It started off sounding objective, and unbiased.

amos1er
01-12-2013, 07:00 AM
I agree the Lakers are absolute trash. Thanks only to Jim Buss and his horrible decision to hire Antini (no D or O) instead of the obvious choice Phil Jackson. **** you Jimmy!!! :mad:

amos1er
01-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Awesome . Lol

lol...I know...how can people honestly say that Stern helps us after the CP3 debacle and the fact that even though we are struggling we still get no calls.

Cracka2HI!
01-12-2013, 07:52 AM
This is troll thread but this is the reason I say the Lakers can't fix it this time. They don't even have their pick and they may finally end up in the lottery. Stern can't even fix the draft for them.

jimm120
01-12-2013, 08:09 AM
This is troll thread but this is the reason I say the Lakers can't fix it this time. They don't even have their pick and they may finally end up in the lottery. Stern can't even fix the draft for them.

Wow...if it wasn't for that nixed deal, the lakers would have gotten cp3 AND Dwight!!!

Everyone says how they'd need both Pau and Bynum for either cp3 or Dwight...yet they managed to get both in theory with Pau for cp3 and Bynum for Dwight.

I guess that's why so many people hated the laker trade. How could it be a consensus to need both players for the trade of one of those players and yet the lakers somehow get them with one player

RLundi
01-12-2013, 08:29 AM

O RLY?

You get real.

tnewkirk
01-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Ill bet anyone lakers make the playoffs, lets make it very interesting.

a million dollars.

king4day
01-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Re-closing this. Maybe something worth revisiting (the value of the Nash trade) if LA msises the playoffs, but don't bump a thread to say 'I told you so'.