PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Rivalry brewing in New York.

Pages : [1] 2

Patrick Ewing33
12-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Just an entertaining game tonight, watching JR playing hurts after falling left and right. Gerald Wallace hurting his knee staying in the game. Both of these teams will do anything just to win the regular season game. The croud was incredible.

Even last game was entertaining, going into overtime and the Nets pulling out with the victory.

Could you imagine if both of these teams played eachother in the playoffs? Jesus Christ.

As a die heart Knicks fan I LOVE THIS!!!

I'll give respect when its due, the Nets have a very good team. This is going to be a long season and maybe playoffs between both of these teams.

knicks=love
12-11-2012, 11:02 PM
not sure why this needs a thread?

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I should have watched this. I hope one of these teams win the East

Evolution23
12-11-2012, 11:10 PM
yeah New Jersey has a decent squad but they aren't the Knicks.

kenzo400
12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
The NBA must be loving this. It's no wonder they gave the Nets 10 more free throws despite obviously not being fouled anymore than the Knicks. Gotta keep them in the game and make it exciting.

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Melo got MVP Chants from the crowd... Horrible fans

seikou8
12-11-2012, 11:24 PM
what a game as knick fan they felt like a playoff game

meloman1592
12-11-2012, 11:28 PM
I truly dislike the nets (i'm from brooklyn) but this is great for the nba...and you can bank on it that both these teams will scratch and claw in the off seasons to be better than one another. They will both be relevant for a very long time

krisxsong
12-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Nets are TRASH.

Deception
12-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Nets are TRASH.

They won the first game... Looks like the Knicks lost to a trash team then and won by 3 points to a trash team... So before you talk **** to an opponent, re-think your insults.

krisxsong
12-11-2012, 11:37 PM
They won the first game... Looks like the Knicks lost to a trash team then and won by 3 points to a trash team... So before you talk **** to an opponent, re-think your insults.

I'm a Nets fan.......

They have SERIOUS issues.

With Brook Lopez they are an okay team and played really well with him, but there's no way this team can do anything with the way Joe Johnson and Deron Williams are playing. They are playing extremely bad.

We have no clutch player.

We have no consistent shooter.

We have no leader.

We have no defensive big.

We have no stability when it comes to health.

We have the worst coach in the NBA.

Hustla23
12-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Why is it that every time the Nets play the Knicks they look like a championship caliber team and then the very next game they look terrible? Very odd.

I just hope we don't face the Nets in the playoffs.

jmoney85
12-11-2012, 11:40 PM
yeah New Jersey has a decent squad but they aren't the Knicks.

congrats you made the roster

#knickstrolls

jmoney85
12-11-2012, 11:42 PM

you thought there wouldn't be knicks fans there? :facepalm:

JNoel
12-11-2012, 11:46 PM
It's not even a rivalry. It's just a fan/league driven method of getting hyped up and ultimately selling more tickets. NY hype.

bucketss
12-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Why is it that every time the Nets play the Knicks they look like a championship caliber team and then the very next game they look terrible? Very odd.

I just hope we don't face the Nets in the playoffs.

maybe the knicks just arent that good?

onlythisfar41
12-11-2012, 11:54 PM

Hes not talking about the Knicks, as you can tell by your 16-5 record we dont play bad the next night, hes referring to the Nets showing up against us then coming out flat in their next game.

AI
12-11-2012, 11:58 PM

#knickstrolls

You could take on that whole team by yourself. That's how big of a troll you are.

Avenged
12-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Don't see the nastiness, but entertaining for sure.

richiesaurus310
12-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Lol I dont think anyone outside of NY cares about this rivalry though. Its like the Clippers Lakers rivalry, who cares outside of LA?

YashBoone
12-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Tonight definitely made this rivalry feel real.
But, I have been saying this all along,and just listen to the crowd in Brooklyn if you don't believe me. This is the Knicks city and always will be.

Only people that think nets are a NEW YORK team are the nets themselves.

Melo gettin MVP chants in Brooklyn, lmao.

Playing in the garden a week from tomorrow and I can guarantee you won't hear no ****ing Brooklyn chant.

NYK ALL DAY.

sharqstealth
12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
What rivalry? We played bad on D and still won. If we D up like we used to all season long this would be a no contest...

YashBoone
12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Lol I dont think anyone outside of NY cares about this rivalry though. Its like the Clippers Lakers rivalry, who cares outside of LA?

Same could be said about most rivalrys

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-12-2012, 12:13 AM
I think there needs to be a little scrum of some sort for it to be solidified as a rivalry.

Evolution23
12-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Hes not talking about the Knicks, as you can tell by your 16-5 record we dont play bad the next night, hes referring to the Nets showing up against us then coming out flat in their next game.

It's because the Nets get up to play the Knicks and the Knicks don't respect them enough to show up until the 4th quarter.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 12:15 AM
It's because the Nets get up to play the Knicks and the Knicks don't respect them enough to show up until the 4th quarter.

So thats why they blew that 4th quarter lead to us last time LOLOL

jmoney85
You could take on that whole team by yourself. That's how big of a troll you are.

find me 5 posts where I'm "trolling"

NYKNYGNYY
That was one of th.chippiest game I've seen in a while , it was awesome ...great game going to be a hell of a rivalry one of the best of all time in due time ...I gained a lot of respect for Brooklyn ...the crowd was amazing going back n forth between Knicks chants Brooklyn chants ...even melo was getting mvp chants , started off really ugly had me furious but it only makes this win that much sweeter ....just in awe about this game ....if u didn't see it you missed out

MrfadeawayJB
12-12-2012, 12:18 AM
I love this rivalry

richiesaurus310
12-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Same could be said about most rivalrys

True but I dont think this will ever be bulls pistons, lakers celtics, or more recent maybe lakers kings, celtics lebron, etc. This new york rivalry I dont thing gets to the point where everyone around the country wants to tune in just to watch these teams battle it out. Who knows if either one of these teams will even make it to the confrence finals to play the Heat in all likelihood.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Tonight definitely made this rivalry feel real.
But, I have been saying this all along,and just listen to the crowd in Brooklyn if you don't believe me. This is the Knicks city and always will be.

Only people that think nets are a NEW YORK team are the nets themselves.

Melo gettin MVP chants in Brooklyn, lmao.

Playing in the garden a week from tomorrow and I can guarantee you won't hear no ****ing Brooklyn chant.

NYK ALL DAY.

If you're proud of having more fans than a team that's existed for all of 20 games, more power to you.

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 12:22 AM
If you're proud of having more fans than a team that's existed for all of 20 games, more power to you.

its sad when teams have to resort to "we have more fans than you" lol

richiesaurus310
12-12-2012, 12:23 AM
A competitive playoff series this year would sure help make this rivalry more popular nationwide though.

KniCks4LiFe
12-12-2012, 12:24 AM
this would go 7 no doubt.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-12-2012, 12:25 AM
jason kidd gave them the......3 to the head!

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 12:25 AM
jason kidd gave them the......3 to the head!

offensive foul

NYKNYGNYY
12-12-2012, 12:27 AM
its sad when teams have to resort to "we have more fans than you" lol

What the other guy was saying is how great it is to go to another arena and hear a lot of Knicks chants ..no matter how close they are , and the nets still have fans from New jersey ..its nothing to be proud of but its pretty awesome , Idk what its like in Sacramento when the lakers visit maybe the same but the game was wild , its officially a major rivalry

KnickaBocka.44
12-12-2012, 12:31 AM
offensive foul

stop crying

KniCks4LiFe
12-12-2012, 12:35 AM
we on 3 pages for a b-ball game in little new york in december. Can't nobody tell me it's not a rivalry anymore.

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 12:37 AM
stop crying

if the roles were reversed we would have a 10 page thread on the foul

Knicks21
12-12-2012, 12:38 AM
offensive foul

Whether he stuck his leg out or not it wouldnt of mattered, he probably made it more difficult for himself. Stackhouse was still going to fly past no matter what.

And he missed the free throw, you really dont have any excuses apart from not being full healthy, which we are both in the same boat.

NYtilIdie
12-12-2012, 12:40 AM
offensive foul

What did the scoreboard say again? Yeah, that's what I thought stop ***king crying and move forward.

Beltrans Mole
12-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Well Melo just solidified his case for early season MVP....dude is a stud.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Whether he stuck his leg out or not it wouldnt of mattered, he probably made it more difficult for himself. Stackhouse was still going to fly past no matter what.

And he missed the free throw, you really dont have any excuses apart from not being full healthy, which we are both in the same boat.

How about JR Smith's blatant illegal screen which the Knicks then scored a 3 pointer?

The Knicks are better, FAR better. The Nets stink we all know that but don't act like there weren't some insane calls against the Nets late in the 4th.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 12:46 AM
What did the scoreboard say again? Yeah, that's what I thought stop ***king crying and move forward.

Kinda hard to do, I'm really close to giving up on the Nets and on the NBA.

DoMeFavors
12-12-2012, 12:47 AM
honestly Nets can beat anyone, there is no rivalry. They are another team in the EAST.

javsvt
12-12-2012, 12:48 AM

This....

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 12:49 AM

mad because I'm right

DoMeFavors
12-12-2012, 12:51 AM
mad because I'm right

why do you care? you already said this was a blowout loss before the game started....

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 12:52 AM

it doesn't matter.... the nba said they were going to take a stand on that and it's still not being called... regardless its an illegal play that wasn't called... this isn't a situation where you are arguing if a call was legitimate or not... this was a foul that impacted the outcome of the game.... Like I said numerous times... if the roles were reversed we would have 10 threads on the mainboard about it

Gideon
12-12-2012, 12:52 AM
honestly Nets can beat anyone, there is no rivalry. They are another team in the EAST.

They probably can beat anyone, but they lost tonight and that makes 5 loses in a row. You need to concede that the Knicks are the best team in the East along with Miami right now.

DoMeFavors
12-12-2012, 12:53 AM
They probably can beat anyone, but they lost tonight and that makes 5 loses in a row. You need to concede that the Knicks are the best team in the East along with Miami right now.

I dont need to concede anything.

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 12:53 AM
So thats why they blew that 4th quarter lead to us last time LOLOL

the nets blowing a 17 point lead makes us respect you less

CityofTreez
12-12-2012, 12:55 AM
What the other guy was saying is how great it is to go to another arena and hear a lot of Knicks chants ..no matter how close they are , and the nets still have fans from New jersey ..its nothing to be proud of but its pretty awesome , Idk what its like in Sacramento when the lakers visit maybe the same but the game was wild , its officially a major rivalry

Sacramento/LA was a great rivalry.

This is here. When I heard "Kobe/Shaq MVP" chants, I knew it was a heated rivalry. Stronger teams in the East, and will continue to clash. Yeah, this will be great for NY fans in general.

Gideon
12-12-2012, 12:55 AM
I dont need to concede anything.

Just concede.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-12-2012, 12:58 AM
So much maturity here.

I hope for the future of this and every other country that no one in this argument is older than 13.

It'll be a fun rivalry. The Knicks will always be more popular, that will never change. But you will see a heated rivalry among the players on the court. This was a very chippy game. Future is looking bright for NY basketball.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 12:59 AM
it doesn't matter.... the nba said they were going to take a stand on that and it's still not being called... regardless its an illegal play that wasn't called... this isn't a situation where you are arguing if a call was legitimate or not... this was a foul that impacted the outcome of the game.... Like I said numerous times... if the roles were reversed we would have 10 threads on the mainboard about it

Also, how in the WORLD is JR Smith not called for an illegal screen?!

Knicks are better, yes...but we could have won these games if these 2 calls went the right way.

LongIslandIcedZ
Double post

lamzoka
but yet have the #1 seed in the east. smh

lamzoka
12-12-2012, 01:00 AM

blah, blah, blah the nets might not even make the playoffs

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:01 AM
the nets blowing a 17 point lead makes us respect you less

Disclaimer:Without our best player

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:04 AM
So much maturity here.

I hope for the future of this and every other country that no one in this argument is older than 13.

It'll be a fun rivalry. The Knicks will always be more popular, that will never change. But you will see a heated rivalry among the players on the court. This was a very chippy game. Future is looking bright for NY basketball.
Sure they could. The New York Knicks have a miserable owner, a white collar crowd and a tradition of losing and failure. The town is very much up for grabs in the future.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:04 AM
blah, blah, blah the nets might not even make the playoffs

The Knicks might not either, what's your point?

We lost 5 in a row and have been the worst team in the league without Lopez. Once we get him back then we shall see cause when we had him healthy we were one of the better teams.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Sure they could. The New York Knicks have a miserable owner, a white collar crowd and a tradition of losing and failure. The town is very much up for grabs in the future.

For some reason people think the Knicks have such a rich history like the Yankees, Bears, or Lakers/Celtics.

PC
I think it's natural that there'd be a rivalry here, it's only getting attention now because both teams are finally good at the same time

But at the end of the day, the Knicks will always run NY regardless of what the Nets do, just like the Yankees/Mets and the Giants/Jets (this coming from a Mets/Jets fan)

krisxsong

honestly the fact that we even built a 17 point lead without our best player had my dropping my jaw.

Enzo
12-12-2012, 01:06 AM
For all of you guys questioning Kidds last 3 point shot:

This video gives the best view I've seen of that controversial 3 point play by Kidd. If you look at the last angle it's obvious that Kidd didn't intentionally kick out his right leg. He actually kicks both legs out to the side at the peak of his shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sRyaqj0kAo

Beltrans Mole
12-12-2012, 01:06 AM
I certainly respect the Nets more so far this season...still think the Knicks are a better overall team and will be a better team come February/March.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:07 AM
For some reason people think the Knicks have such a rich history like the Yankees, Bears, or Lakers/Celtics.

It would be like if the Lakers didn't exist and the Clippers fans were luck "Cant nobody come up in here. We run this town!!" LMFAOO yea right!!

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 01:07 AM

we beat you without amare and shumpert

LongIslandIcedZ
12-12-2012, 01:08 AM

Never said they had a rich history, no need to try and put words in my mouth. They have a ridiculously popular team.

The Nets will never have more fans than the Knicks. That isnt anything against the Nets. I like what their doing. The Knicks will always be NY's team. Just like Yankees/Giants/Rangers

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:08 AM
I think it's natural that there'd be a rivalry here, it's only getting attention now because both teams are finally good at the same time

But at the end of the day, the Knicks will always run NY regardless of what the Nets do, just like the Yankees/Mets and the Giants/Jets (this coming from a Mets/Jets fan)

There's a difference.

The Mets and Jets are run by two guys who couldn't care less about their team's success.

If the Giants were one of the worst teams and the Jets were annual SuperBowl attendees trust me the Giants wouldn't be the more popular team.

As for the Yankees, that's different. The Yankees have won more rings than ANY team in the NHL NBA NFL or MLB has Finals/Stanley Cup/World Series/Superbowl APPEARANCES. They have established themselves as the top dog over the years. The Knicks have 1 championship, it's ridiculous to compare the two.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Never said they had a rich history, no need to try and put words in my mouth.

The Nets will never have more fans than the Knicks. That isnt anything against the Nets. I like what their doing. The Knicks will always be NY's team. Just like Yankees/Giants/Rangers

That wasn't towards you or any Knicks fan, it wasn't even in response to one of your posts.

Don't ever compare the Yankees and Giants to the Knicks. The Yankees and Giants are two of the more successful franchises in all of sports and their cross town rivals are run by jokes.

The Knicks are run by jokes and have 1 ring in their history. Don't ever compare the Knicks to the Giants or Yankees, I find that offensive as a Giants/Yankees fan.

For the record I do believe the Knicks are better, I just don't know how long that can last with your FO.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:11 AM

LOL.

I bet you guys are worse with Amare.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:12 AM
For all of you guys questioning Kidds last 3 point shot:

This video gives the best view I've seen of that controversial 3 point play by Kidd. If you look at the last angle it's obvious that Kidd didn't intentionally kick out his right leg. He actually kicks both legs out to the side at the peak of his shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sRyaqj0kAo

Eh I don't really care about the call, I care that we had a stupid monkey fouling Kidd and what really bothered me was the no call on the illegal screen.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Never said they had a rich history, no need to try and put words in my mouth. They have a ridiculously popular team.

I really dont know where Knicks fans get this stuff. They really think they belong up there with the Yankees and Giants?? Nobody really gives a crap about hockey so I guess you could put them in there with the rangers.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-12-2012, 01:14 AM
That wasn't towards you or any Knicks fan, it wasn't even in response to one of your posts.

Don't ever compare the Yankees and Giants to the Knicks. The Yankees and Giants are two of the more successful franchises in all of sports and their cross town rivals are run by jokes.

The Knicks are run by jokes and have 1 ring in their history. Don't ever compare the Knicks to the Giants or Yankees, I find that offensive as a Giants/Yankees fan.

You're still not getting the point.

I'm not comparing their success. Obviously that can not be compared.

What I am saying, is that the Knicks will be NY's number 1 basketball team. And the Nets will not trade that.

I feel somewhat bad if calling the Knicks, New Yorks number 2 basketball team offends you. It's true.

seikou8

For the record I do believe the Knicks are better, I just don't know how long that can last with your FO.

metoo but we have two chips and your right

waveycrockett

Amare is washed up

seikou8
12-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Amare is washed up

wow how is he washed up

LongIslandIcedZ
12-12-2012, 01:16 AM
I really dont know where Knicks fans get this stuff. They really think they belong up there with the Yankees and Giants?? Nobody really gives a crap about hockey so I guess you could put them in there with the rangers.

Jesus some of you guys dont get it.

I'm not comparing their success. I never was.

The Yankees are NY's baseball team, not the Mets.

The Giants are NY's football team, not the Jets.

The Knicks are NY's basketball team, not the Nets.

The Nets will grab back covers when they are successful, but the Nets winning a Championship in Brooklyn will be nothing compared the Knicks winning.

Unfortunately, it seems like that wont happen for either team at this point.

oG $wank.
LOL.

I bet you guys are worse with Amare.

i beg to differ

krisxsong
You're still not getting the point.

I'm not comparing their success. Obviously that can not be compared.

What I am saying, is that the Knicks will be NY's number 1 basketball team. And the Nets will not trade that.

I feel somewhat bad if calling the Knicks, New Yorks number 2 basketball team offends you. It's true.

No no no .

This is what you said.

The Knicks will always be NYs #1 basketball team just like the Yankees and Giants. That implies that the Knicks will always be #1 because they always win like the Yankees and Giants which isn't true.

The Knicks will be #1 for the foreseeable future yes I agree with that because we are a new team we won't have a large fan base. However, 20 years down the road you cannot tell me it will be the same story.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:17 AM
i beg to differ

Okay, explain to me how I am wrong.

When has Amare EVER had success playing alongside Melo?

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:17 AM
wow how is he washed up

How many more Knee surgeries is he going to need for you to see it.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:18 AM

The Nets will grab back covers when they are successful, but the Nets winning a Championship in Brooklyn will be nothing compared the Knicks winning.

Whether or not you meant to, you did compare their success. The REASON the yankees and Giants will be #1 is BECAUSE of their past success and for you to say that the Knicks will be #1 like them implies that the Knicks have had similar success.

seikou8
12-12-2012, 01:19 AM
How many more Knee surgeries is he going to need for you to see it.

that doesnt mean he can play or come back from his injuries

LongIslandIcedZ
12-12-2012, 01:20 AM
No no no .

This is what you said.

The Knicks will always be NYs #1 basketball team just like the Yankees and Giants. That implies that the Knicks will always be #1 because they always win like the Yankees and Giants which isn't true.

The Knicks will be #1 for the foreseeable future yes I agree with that because we are a new team we won't have a large fan base. However, 20 years down the road you cannot tell me it will be the same story.

Ok thats fair, you interpreted what I meant differently from what I actually meant.

Obviously from an organizational standpoint, they are not similar. The Yankees are the most successful franchise in sports, and the Giants are very good as well.

You are more than welcome to your opinion, if you truly think in 20 years the Nets have a chance to become New York's basketball team, thats fine. No point in arguing opinions, no good comes from that.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:20 AM

The Yankees and Giants team are NY's team because they win and it's that simple. If the Yankees and Giants were a laughing stock like the Knicks have been the Mets and Jets would be there with them like in the 80's for the Mets.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:21 AM

Of course not, but I wouldn't bet on Amare being anywhere near what he once was, ever again.

There's no reason to believe Amare will ever be the same, especially when playing on the same team as Carmelo Anthony.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:22 AM
The Yankees and Giants team are NY's team because they win and it's that simple. If the Yankees and Giants were a laughing stock like the Knicks have been the Mets and Jets would be there with them like in the 80's for the Mets.

I wouldn't call the Knicks a laughing stock, but they should be considering their success/failures.

The Knicks aren't a laughing stock because people respect them, which is what baffles me because if it were any other team nobody would care about them.

oG $wank.
Okay, explain to me how I am wrong.

When has Amare EVER had success playing alongside Melo?

melo and amare are 8-2 under woodson

waveycrockett

Thats why so many Knicks fans want him traded or on the bench. Cuz he's not washed???

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Ok thats fair, you interpreted what I meant differently from what I actually meant.

Obviously from an organizational standpoint, they are not similar. The Yankees are the most successful franchise in sports, and the Giants are very good as well.

You are more than welcome to your opinion, if you truly think in 20 years the Nets have a chance to become New York's basketball team, thats fine. No point in arguing opinions, no good comes from that.

I don't have a problem you believing the Knicks will be more popular 20, 30, 40 years down the road.

I do have a problem when you say it like it's a fact, a done deal.

Kashmir13579
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Rabble rabble rabble!

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
melo and amare are 8-2 under woodson

10 games? 10 games?! That's your reasoning?

The Nets are 11-4 with Brook Lopez.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh and oG $wank, I don't know where you got 8-2, but when those two play together the team is below .500.

Many have expressed the same concerns with the Knicks' star duo. In their season and a half together, the Knicks have a sub-.500 record when both are in the starting lineup.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8403238/stephon-marbury-think-carmelo-anthony-amare-stoudemire-good-fit

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 01:26 AM
10 games? 10 games?! That's your reasoning?

The Nets are 11-4 with Brook Lopez.

they're 11-4 with him this year. explain the last 4 years with him

seikou8
12-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Oh and oG $wank, I don't know where you got 8-2, but when those two play together the team is below .500.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8403238/stephon-marbury-think-carmelo-anthony-amare-stoudemire-good-fit

under mike woodson buddy they 8-2 or 6-1

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:29 AM
they're 11-4 with him this year. explain the last 4 years with him

Sigh.

the last few years he didn't have Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson, Reggie Evans, CJ Watson.

He never had DWILL, Wallace, JJ, Evans, Watson, Brooks, Hump at the same time.

Guess how many games DWILL played with Lopez in New Jersey? 3. Guess how many games Deron Williams Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez played together in New Jersey? 0

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 01:29 AM

melo and amare are 8-2 under mike woodson

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:31 AM
under mike woodson buddy they 8-2 or 6-1

Really? Okay, under Woodson they are.

10 or 7 games is still an incredibly small sample size, one which you can't predict success on.

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 01:31 AM

what about the 4 losses in the playoffs... was woodson not coaching?

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:32 AM

Okay, well you should have said that in the first place.

Anyway, that's far too small a sample size to judge continued success off of.

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:33 AM

Nets are Bum Juice.... We did you guys like Marquez did Pacquiao...lay down and go to bed...

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Mike Woodson 34-11 since becoming the Head coach of the knicks... over 75% success rate.... swag

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 01:35 AM

let me remind you most of the knicks players were injured or got injured against the heat

DoMeFavors
Nets are Bum Juice.... We did you guys like Marquez did Pacquiao...lay down and go to bed...

Love the new sig! Im all over it

krisxsong
Mike Woodson 34-11 since becoming the Head coach of the knicks... over 75% success rate.... swag

Sigh.

We're talking about Amare and Melo playing together.

oG $wank.
Okay, well you should have said that in the first place.

Anyway, that's far too small a sample size to judge continued success off of.

i did say that you just read it wrong

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:36 AM

Winning on the second to last shot of the game wasn't exactly how Marquez beat Pacquiao.

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 01:37 AM
let me remind you most of the knicks players were injured or got injured against the heat

did melo , amare , and woodson participate?

krisxsong
i did say that you just read it wrong

You're right you did, either way 10 games is FAR too small to judge continued success.

Mayweather&NYK
Love the new sig! Im all over it

yes you are.... exposing your true identity... a closet CarMELO fan, and PSD's most hopeless Mascot/cheerleader :)

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:38 AM

Getting Blown out in the 1st round of the playoffs....swag

krisxsong

When did MarShon Brooks become a part of the debate?

Mayweather&NYK
Winning on the second to last shot of the game wasn't exactly how Marquez beat Pacquiao.

kind of a last second knockout is kinda what I was going for there... :)

Nyc4You

#knickstrolls

oh oh oh me next me next :facepalm:

#Thatrosterisbetterthanthenets :cool:

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:39 AM

sitting home watching the playoffs.... no swag... :)

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:40 AM
sitting home watching the playoffs.... no swag... :)

Difference is we were tanking and you guys were "BACK":eyebrow: lmao

DoMeFavors
12-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Teams Nets can def beat in a 7 game series

Bulls healthy
Knicks
Celtics
LAL
SAS
MEMPHIS

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 01:41 AM
You're right you did, either way 10 games is FAR too small to judge continued success.

i agree that 10 games is small but its still a good sign going foward

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:42 AM
i agree that 10 games is small but its still a good sign going foward

It's too small to call it a good sign, that's what I'm saying.

seikou8

Bulls healthy
Knicks
Celtics
LAL
SAS
MEMPHIS

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh:

krisxsong

Bulls healthy
Knicks
Celtics
LAL
SAS
MEMPHIS

The only team they can def beat in a 7 game series here is.....uh....none.

I think the Nets could take the Celtics and maybe the Bulls in a 7 game series, but the rest I wouldn't bet on it.

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:43 AM

:punish:

you have officially run out of ammo.... You are inferior to us in every way... you refuse to see it.... :confused:

Nyc4You
12-12-2012, 01:43 AM

Bulls healthy
Knicks
Celtics
LAL
SAS
MEMPHIS

Funny how you didn't include healthy knicks. Guess you can't beat us when healthy?

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:44 AM
The only team they can def beat in a 7 game series here is.....uh....none.

I think the Nets could take the Celtics and maybe the Bulls in a 7 game series, but the rest I wouldn't bet on it.

hahahahaha

DOME favors and jmoney85 must be livid with this...lol

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:44 AM

you have officially run out of ammo.... You are inferior to us in every way... you refuse to see it.... :confused:

The Nets are inferior to the Knicks, but not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Either team could have very well won both games and if the Nets are able to keep it that close then the Knicks obviously aren't as superior as you make them out to be.

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 01:45 AM

Bulls healthy
Knicks
Celtics
LAL
SAS
MEMPHIS

LMAO!!!:facepalm:

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:45 AM
hahahahaha

DOME favors and jmoney85 must be livid with this...lol

keyword there is definitely.

Kenny
12-12-2012, 01:46 AM

Mike ****en Bibby started for them after washed up Baron Davis went down and Shumpert blew out his knee in game 1. Lin was out, and Amare didn't play in one of those losses.

That team with Landry Fields, Douglas and Bibby as your guards wasn't beating Miami. The fact that Woodson took a team 6 games under and went 18-6 rest of season says something even with Lin and Amare out most of that stretch.

If you can't see that I don't know what to tell ya

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 01:46 AM
knicks fans have made this forum a cesspool

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Mike ****en Bibby started for them after washed up Baron Davis went down and Shumpert blew out his knee in game 1. Lin was out, and Amare didn't play in one of those losses.

That team with Landry Fields, Douglas and Bibby as your guards wasn't beating Miami. The fact that Woodson took a team 6 games under and went 18-6 rest of season says something even with Lin and Amare out most of that stretch.

stop giving me excuses... I was just merely correcting his record that was posted

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 01:47 AM

thank you!

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:48 AM

Lin sucks.

Woodson is a good coach nobody ever denied that. What we're saying is that Amare and Melo do not play well together at all.

seikou8
12-12-2012, 01:48 AM
knicks fans have made this forum a cesspool

your really give knicks fans alot love in your sig

Kenny
12-12-2012, 01:49 AM
The Nets are inferior to the Knicks, but not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Either team could have very well won both games and if the Nets are able to keep it that close then the Knicks obviously aren't as superior as you make them out to be.

It's the NBA. The Nets got a solid team and on your home floor you shouldn't expect to keep it close but expect to win.

BTW, Deron Williams is so much better when he is posting up and staying within 15 feet of the basket. The guy shoots so many three's for a average-to below average 3 point shooter. When he gets in the lane good things happen.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:49 AM

How does a team inferior to you in every way beat you lmao

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:50 AM

Here's the thing...

We have a SUPERstar in Melo.... you guys claim DWill is a SUPERstar but... not even close and the over rating needs to stop

I am not saying the Nets are a bad team dude. I believe they are middle of the pack, and they have done nothing to prove otherwise... excuses excuses... oh if we had this player healthy, if we had that player healthy.... you are talking to a fan base who has yet to see a HEALTHY roster for a long period of time, and we STILL have dominated the league thus far. The way posters like DOME favors, jmoney85, and waveycrockett go out of their way to not only completely overrate the Nets, but attempt to reconcile their mediocrity with jabs with the knicks regarding the past is laughable and the main reason you guys get owned in almost every thread... :)

seikou8
12-12-2012, 01:51 AM
It's the NBA. The Nets got a solid team and on your home floor you shouldn't expect to keep it close but expect to win.

BTW, Deron Williams is so much better when he is posting up and staying within 15 feet of the basket. The guy shoots so many three's for a average-to below average 3 point shooter. When he gets in the lane good things happen.

:clap: so true

krisxsong

You're telling me.

I fault Avery Johnson.

Avery Johnson can't stop DWILL from taking 9234890 three pointers a night. It's time to get rid of Avery, actually it's been time for a while now.

Mayweather&NYK

i have yet to see an 82-0 team... and we beat u as well and are sitting on the top while u guys are sinking to the bottom :)

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM

i have yet to see an 82-0 team... and we beat u as well and are sitting on the top while u guys are sinking to the bottom :)

I forgot this game was for the championship. Lol silly knick fan.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Here's the thing...

We have a SUPERstar in Melo.... you guys claim DWill is a SUPERstar but... not even close and the over rating needs to stop

I am not saying the Nets are a bad team dude. I believe they are middle of the pack, and they have done nothing to prove otherwise... excuses excuses... oh if we had this player healthy, if we had that player healthy.... you are talking to a fan base who has yet to see a HEALTHY roster for a long period of time, and we STILL have dominated the league thus far. The way posters like DOME favors, jmoney85, and waveycrockett go out of their way to not only completely overrate the Nets, but attempt to reconcile their mediocrity with jabs with the knicks regarding the past is laughable and the main reason you guys get owned in almost every thread... :)

I don't know what Nets fans you're talking to but all of the thousands of Nets fans I've seen, they want DWILL gone. Nobody believes in him and nobody wants him anymore.

DWILL of the Utah Jazz, now THAT DWILL was a superstar and one that is comparable to Melo now, and better than Melo last year.

I honestly don't believe the KNicks are THAT much better. Do I believe they are better? Yeah I do, but not by a lot. By a solid amount, but not by a lot.

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Here's the thing...

I find it hilarious how misguided you are.... I NEVER

get unrealistic when you talking about the nets

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:55 AM
I forgot this game was for the championship. Lol silly knick fan.

lol... what?

you arent very good at this ya know... :)

what seed are u guys? :D

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:56 AM
I find it hilarious how misguided you are.... I NEVER

get unrealistic when you talking about the nets

what?

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 01:56 AM
I don't know what Nets fans you're talking to but all of the thousands of Nets fans I've seen, they want DWILL gone. Nobody believes in him and nobody wants him anymore.

DWILL of the Utah Jazz, now THAT DWILL was a superstar and one that is comparable to Melo now, and better than Melo last year.

I honestly don't believe the KNicks are THAT much better. Do I believe they are better? Yeah I do, but not by a lot. By a solid amount, but not by a lot.

I clearly stated which fans im speaking of...

AI
12-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Mods should definitely close this thread. It will be non-stop trolling by the 3 Net stooges (Wavey, DMF and jmoney) against the Knicks fanbase. There is really no point in keeping it open.

DoMeFavors
12-12-2012, 01:58 AM
1 week then we taking back the season series....

VillaMaravilla
12-12-2012, 02:00 AM

Not for nothing but we've have chanted mvp for oposing player (kobe)

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:00 AM
1 week then we taking back the season series....

just like tonight where u said you would win? Even going so far as saying you would stop watching because you KNOW the nets were gunna win? :D

if so, then ok.... because the opposite of what u say always happens :)

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Mike Woodson is off to the best 45-game start for a #Knicks coach in their history at 34-11. Better than JVG, Riles, Holzman

DoMeFavors
just like tonight where u said you would win? Even going so far as saying you would stop watching because you KNOW the nets were gunna win? :D

if so, then ok.... because the opposite of what u say always happens :)

things that are unlikely to happen, happen sometimes.

DoMeFavors
Mike Woodson is off to the best 45-game start for a #Knicks coach in their history at 34-11. Better than JVG, Riles, Holzman

Count the playoffs! You know the games that ACTUALLY COUNT

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:05 AM
things that are unlikely to happen, happen sometimes.

Extremely unlikely

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Count the playoffs! You know the games that ACTUALLY COUNT

that is counting the playoffs....lmao :p u douche

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:08 AM
lol

awww... u made a friend :)

VillaMaravilla
12-12-2012, 02:08 AM

Stop it you guys aint tanking your just not a good team but if they are it sure says a lot about your franchise my dude

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
What an unnecessary comment.

Perhaps I read incorrectly, but I didnt see the OP mention that it is going to be a worldwide rivalry. He said it could be a nasty rivalry, obviously in NY.

fair enough. And honestly, the media is eating this **** up. So, therefore, my comment may seem outlandish, and I am fine with that.

DoMeFavors
12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
that is counting the playoffs....lmao :p u douche

11 losses? he already has 5 this year and 4 in the playoffs...no way he only lost 2 games last season.

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 02:10 AM
awww... u made a friend :)

probably the only one hes going to make lol

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:12 AM
yea

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:14 AM
11 losses? he already has 5 this year and 4 in the playoffs...no way he only lost 2 games last season.

correction... that is regular season

the home record of 19-1 includes postseason...

u are still a douche tho :)

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 02:14 AM
http://thebrooklyngame.com/jason-kidd-shouldve-been-called-for-an-offensive-foul-on-game-winner/

DoMeFavors
12-12-2012, 02:15 AM
correction... that is regular season

the home record of 19-1 includes postseason...

u are still a douche tho :)

regular season means nothing

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:15 AM
http://thebrooklyngame.com/jason-kidd-shouldve-been-called-for-an-offensive-foul-on-game-winner/

lmao... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: u lost kid... get over it...

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM

deal with it the nets lost

jmoney85

are you 13?

Mayweather&NYK

it actually means home court advantage in the playoffs, which means a whole hell of a lot when you are 19-1 at home and counting.... :)

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:17 AM
are you 13?

are u 12?

DoMeFavors

yeah if you steal an entire essay from someone and submit it at college you never really wrote it, so Knicks never really won.

jmoney85
deal with it the nets lost

so ignore it because it benefited the knicks?... if the knicks lost it wouldn't be ignored

stop being ignorant

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 02:18 AM

you must be really stupid to think that the regular season means nothing

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:19 AM
yeah if you steal an entire essay from someone and submit it at college you never really wrote it, so Knicks never really won.

actually, once the clock hits Zero.... game is over.... nets had a chance but choked as expected... so yes... we Win... it is official in the W column for us and in the L column for you (Making that 5 straight) :)

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:20 AM
so ignore it because it benefited the knicks?... if the knicks lost it wouldn't be ignored

stop being ignorant

:laugh2:

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 02:20 AM

stop being ignorant

you and dmf are the ones being ignorant

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 02:21 AM

So then why were you claiming the Nets were gonna win a meaningless game?.......

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
They cannot accept a loss.... if they were at the Barclay arena, they would be the only ones left there... stunned and confused... lol

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
So then why were you claiming the Nets were gonna win a meaningless game?.......

thaaaannnnnkkkkk yooouuuuuuu

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 02:36 AM
stunned and confused... lol

Like the Knicks fans there last week:laugh:

Gideon
12-12-2012, 02:38 AM

Bulls healthy
Knicks
Celtics
LAL
SAS
MEMPHIS

You need to concede!

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 02:41 AM
you and dmf are the ones being ignorant

how am I being ignorant

you are ignoring a terrible call at the end of game... and act like you wouldn't be in full tear mode if this happened to the knicks

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Like the Knicks fans there last week:laugh:

you are hopeless...just like the Nets...

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 02:46 AM
how am I being ignorant

you are ignoring a terrible call at the end of game... and act like you wouldn't be in full tear mode if this happened to the knicks

This I agree with. There were so many ridiculously questionable calls.

Blatche called for basket interference?

1) It wasn't even initially called
2) The ref lets the Knicks bench sway his decision
3) They didn't even bother to review it.

Ray Felton looked like he stepped on the line when he passed to Kidd for the and-1 3.

JR Smith set the most illegal screen I've seen in a while with a ref just watching. No call.

Those 3 plays are worth a grand total of 8 points and this alllllll happened in the last 3 min or so.

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:47 AM
how am I being ignorant

this is what you are CLEARLY in.... :D

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:49 AM

Ray Felton looked like he stepped on the line when he passed to Kidd for the and-1 3.

JR Smith set the most illegal screen I've seen in a while with a ref just watching. No call.

Those 3 plays are worth a grand total of 8 points and this alllllll happened in the last 3 min or so.

How can u guys continue to gripe over the refs when you were the HOME team??? you guys got plenty of calls throughout the game. It is a complete cop out to blame the refs for this game. You guys were up by 17 and lost it. You have the Coach and the players to blame for that , not the refs.... Its not our fault Melo was unstoppable

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 02:51 AM
how am I being ignorant

when have i been ignoring it i know the refs made a bad call but a win is a win

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 02:52 AM
How can u guys continue to gripe over the refs when you were the HOME team??? you guys got plenty of calls throughout the game. It is a complete cop out to blame the refs for this game. You guys were up by 17 and lost it. You have the Coach and the players to blame for that , not the refs.... Its not our fault Melo was unstoppable

this is the definition of being ignorant

jmoney85
12-12-2012, 02:53 AM

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

if this happened to the knicks PSD would have exploded

oG $wank.
12-12-2012, 02:54 AM

more like the complete opposite

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 02:55 AM
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

if this happened to the knicks PSD would have exploded

That's only natural, the Knicks have a TON more fans.

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 02:55 AM

hahaha

You are the Definition of a fan in Denial :)

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 02:57 AM

I'm not necessarily saying these are the only reasons we lost, but they played a large role.

I'm sure we got some favorable calls, but the thing was all of these calls came in the late minuets of the game, don't tell me that's not huge.

Trust me I hate Avery and I blame him for every single thing that's bad about the Brooklyn Nets.

Melo was unstoppable yes, but why did you bring that up? If the refs got a few calls at the end right, Melo being unstoppable most likely wouldn't have won the game.

The better team won, it just pisses me off cause I feel as if the refs took it into their own hands. Don't tell me you've never felt that way before.

Chill_Will_24
12-12-2012, 02:59 AM
actually, once the clock hits Zero.... game is over.... nets had a chance but choked as expected... so yes... we Win... it is official in the W column for us and in the L column for you (Making that 5 straight) :)

You are being no better than jmoney, DMF, and Wavey. Trolling trolls is silly.

Good game tonight btw

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm not necessarily saying these are the only reasons we lost, but they played a large role.

I'm sure we got some favorable calls, but the thing was all of these calls came in the late minuets of the game, don't tell me that's not huge.

Trust me I hate Avery and I blame him for every single thing that's bad about the Brooklyn Nets.

Melo was unstoppable yes, but why did you bring that up? If the refs got a few calls at the end right, Melo being unstoppable most likely wouldn't have won the game.

The better team won, it just pisses me off cause I feel as if the refs took it into their own hands. Don't tell me you've never felt that way before.

Yea I've felt that way before. The point I'm trying to make is that even if the call was reversed it was a tie game. You guys did have multiple chances to tie it up but didn't. Its not like you had the lead and were robbed... We took the lead and you guys were beat. The refs play the variable role every game, so not too much we can do about that, we were the Road team and played the whole game against the Nets and the refs, do u really think we are gunna complain that we finally got some calls??

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 03:04 AM
Yea I've felt that way before. The point I'm trying to make is that even if the call was reversed it was a tie game. You guys did have multiple chances to tie it up but didn't. Its not like you had the lead and were robbed... We took the lead and you guys were beat. The refs play the variable role every game, so not too much we can do about that, we were the Road team and played the whole game against the Nets and the refs, do u really think we are gunna complain that we finally got some calls??

No I don't think you're gonna complain, but I thought you would at least acknowledge that the refs made some very bad calls late in the game.

Look if it was 1 bad call late in the game whatever, but that was like 3-4 calls in the last minutes of the game.

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 03:06 AM
You are being no better than jmoney, DMF, and Wavey. Trolling trolls is silly.

Good game tonight btw

good game Chill....

it may be silly, but Their trolling has gotten so out of hand that I felt it was an appropriate time to return the favor so they can see how obnoxious it is... hence, minimizing future trolling

HeaTxRipZz
12-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Ended up falling asleep before half time -_- gonna watch it in about an hour heard it was a dog fight though. LOVE this rivalry it's amazing how much Brooklyn has accepted The Nets already. I always trip out when I hear those BROOOOOOOKLYYYYYYN chants. Man I wish I still lived in the city to catch atleast one of these encounters

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 03:07 AM
you thought there wouldn't be knicks fans there? :facepalm:

I didn't think that the Brooklyn fans would let the MVP chants for Melo overpower their BROOKLYN chants... Especially after all of the talk about stealing Knick fans lol

If Knicks fans stuck through the Isiah Thomas era then NOTHING will tear them apart. Especially when they have the first seed as of now

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 03:08 AM
good game Chill....

it may be silly, but Their trolling has gotten so out of hand that I felt it was an appropriate time to return the favor so they can see how obnoxious it is... hence, minimizing future trolling

I don't think jmoney and wavey are that big of trolls, they just take exception when you diss their team so they fire back.

DMF, now THAT guy is something else. I don't care what you say about him.

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 03:09 AM
No I don't think you're gonna complain, but I thought you would at least acknowledge that the refs made some very bad calls late in the game.

Look if it was 1 bad call late in the game whatever, but that was like 3-4 calls in the last minutes of the game.

I do acknowledge that we got favorable calls, but I still think the game must be played and our players executed and the Nets player did not. I think in any game the road team especially has to mentally prepare to play uphill regarding the leverage of officiating, so it's nothing out of the ordinary. there is nothing dirty about my team. The nets on the other hand, have been fined twice for flopping which is a dirty way to play... so to me, it kind of is what it is...

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 03:10 AM
I didn't think that the Brooklyn fans would let the MVP chants for Melo overpower their BROOKLYN chants... Especially after all of the talk about stealing Knick fans lol

If Knicks fans stuck through the Isiah Thomas era then NOTHING will tear them apart. Especially when they have the first seed as of now

Knicks fans never chanted MVP when Nets fans chanted Brooklyn, and the Brooklyn and DEFENSE chants were much louder than the MVP chants.

Your 2nd point is a very valid one though. Knicks fans are some of the best in sports, they are just run by inept men.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 03:14 AM
I do acknowledge that we got favorable calls, but I still think the game must be played and our players executed and the Nets player did not. I think in any game the road team especially has to mentally prepare to play uphill regarding the leverage of officiating, so it's nothing out of the ordinary. there is nothing dirty about my team. The nets on the other hand, have been fined twice for flopping which is a dirty way to play... so to me, it kind of is what it is...

I see.

Well I don't think the Knicks were dirty in this game, I don't think they cheated or anything I'm more mad at the refs and you know what if we didn't lose 4 in a row before this I probably wouldn't care as much.

As for being dirty, I don't think the Nets are dirty. Yeah they've been fined twice for flopping, and I also saw JR Smith get in some cheap shots, like with Jerryd Bayless and Raja Bell and the one where he was on the Nuggets and it started the brawl with the Knicks...and we all know the cheap shot Melo took against .....Jared Jeffries?

I don't hate the Knicks, just don't think the Knicks are exactly clean.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Knicks fans never chanted MVP when Nets fans chanted Brooklyn, and the Brooklyn and DEFENSE chants were much louder than the MVP chants.

Your 2nd point is a very valid one though. Knicks fans are some of the best in sports, they are just run by inept men.

I think it was in the 4th but it was on defense and Melo got fouled and the MVP Chants started very quick... I remember it the most out of anything that happened in the entire game

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 03:22 AM
I see.

Well I don't think the Knicks were dirty in this game, I don't think they cheated or anything I'm more mad at the refs and you know what if we didn't lose 4 in a row before this I probably wouldn't care as much.

As for being dirty, I don't think the Nets are dirty. Yeah they've been fined twice for flopping, and I also saw JR Smith get in some cheap shots, like with Jerryd Bayless and Raja Bell and the one where he was on the Nuggets and it started the brawl with the Knicks...and we all know the cheap shot Melo took against .....Jared Jeffries?

I don't hate the Knicks, just don't think the Knicks are exactly clean.

Well, there is a fine line between playing dirty/cheap and playing with toughness/confidence/aggression. These players are not the same immature contingent they were in Denver, especially Carmelo. I don't think I am going to convince you to become a knicks fan and vice versa, I just find it amusing that the Nets trolls continue to post excuses to diminish the win we took tonight. I do not include you in that group, I see you are understandably upset as a fan that your team blew a very winnable game. The others however, are particularly keen on bashing the success of the Knicks to compensate for the lack of progression in BK. This is why as a response to that nonsense that we take our opportunity to magnify the short comings of BK after all of the Hype pre 2012-2013 NBA season... so that is my take

Tumstock
12-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Easy win for the knicks! I knew the game was sealed as soon as they passed the ball to Deron for the tie.. (he choked as I expected)

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Well, there is a fine line between playing dirty/cheap and playing with toughness/confidence/aggression. These players are not the same immature contingent they were in Denver, especially Carmelo. I don't think I am going to convince you to become a knicks fan and vice versa, I just find it amusing that the Nets trolls continue to post excuses to diminish the win we took tonight. I do not include you in that group, I see you are understandably upset as a fan that your team blew a very winnable game. The others however, are particularly keen on bashing the success of the Knicks to compensate for the lack of progression in BK. This is why as a response to that nonsense that we take our opportunity to magnify the short comings of BK after all of the Hype pre 2012-2013 NBA season... so that is my take

I don't see Melo being any more mature, but of course I have not seen him or read about him nearly as much as you have so I'll take your word for it. I do see him being extremely focused this season on being a better teammate and just doing his best to compete at a high level every game.

Same for JR Smith, I can see the maturity in his game on the court. As for both of them off the court I don't know.

Yeah I guess I understand your perspective on those Nets fans, lol.

krisxsong
12-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Easy win for the knicks! I knew the game was sealed as soon as they passed the ball to Deron for the tie.. (he choked as I expected)

The Knicks won, but it was not easy for them.

I knew the game was over when Jason Kidd's 3 was still in the air and the whistle blew.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 03:29 AM
I knew it was over once the Nets blew that 17 point lead

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 03:32 AM
I don't see Melo being any more mature, but of course I have not seen him or read about him nearly as much as you have so I'll take your word for it. I do see him being extremely focused this season on being a better teammate and just doing his best to compete at a high level every game.

Same for JR Smith, I can see the maturity in his game on the court. As for both of them off the court I don't know.

Yeah I guess I understand your perspective on those Nets fans, lol.

We play you guys again in 10 days anyway so the Circus will be in town once more. I just hope for the sake of the banter that you guys turn it around by then because chances are that we could be looking at smooth sailing since our next 6 are at home where we are undefeated. For the sake of the "Rivalry" the Nets cannot be this Mediocre....

Mayweather&NYK
12-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Via Iman Shumpert's Twitter

Someone tell Fab...to tell Jay...to tell BK...they jus got #taped lol. This NY rivalry is healthy for the city!

slyone_nyc
12-12-2012, 03:48 AM

nets aren't trash, but they clearly aren't on the Knicks level, just take a look at their schedule... btw, we beat us in the 1st game, it was an easy W we let get away...

slyone_nyc
12-12-2012, 03:54 AM
The Knicks won, but it was not easy for them.

I knew the game was over when Jason Kidd's 3 was still in the air and the whistle blew.

it wasn't easy, but it should have been... if we didn't come out tentative and raymond bleeping felton had his head screwed on straight, it would've been a blowout. i know it's easy to say that as we out scored them by 20 the rest of the way, but we gave a team that struggles to score to many easy baskets... we should blow them out in 10 days.

Daaaarryyl
12-12-2012, 04:22 AM
When the Nets beat the Knicks I didn't think the Nets were better.

Now that the Knicks have beaten the Nets (while I do think the Knicks are better) there isn't an astronomical difference between the two. The Nets match up well with the Knicks.

Don't be like DoMeMelo and start comparing each team after every game (this team beat that team and all that moronic stuff DoMeMelo says).

I think the Nets win one at the Garden this year. But, again, I think the Knicks are the better team.

NYYCowboys
12-12-2012, 05:13 AM
I live in the NY area, and to be honest the only people I know who are Nets fans don't know much about basketball, and are either hipsters, or wanna-be gangsters who idolize Jay-Z. Not saying there aren't genuine Net fans, but to be honest I've yet to meet one in person. This is still the Knicks' city, and it's not really even close.

netsgiantsyanks
12-12-2012, 06:18 AM

easy? someone didn't watch the game.

SteBO
12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Nasty rivalry is a bit of a stretch, but its definitely entertaining. The Knicks are without a doubt the better team right now, but its good to see BKN show up against them.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Via Iman Shumpert's Twitter

Someone tell Fab...to tell Jay...to tell BK...they jus got #taped lol. This NY rivalry is healthy for the city!

Someone tell Shump to have a seat before he blows out his other knee

mizzacNYC
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
That was 1 entertaining game to say the least... Nets Blew it in the 2nd qtr. 3rd qtr Knicks were fighting to stay close and the fourth was back and forth basket for basket (ala playoff atmosphere) Knicks inched up very slowly and then a few free throws and the Kidd and 1, 3 pointer is all that separated these teams. Melo was unconscious with Nets D all over him.

D Will played a good game but struggled from the 3 pt line. Joe Johnson fell asleep out there when the game was on the line. Blatche was great, best game I've seen him play as a Net so far (correct be if I'm wrong). The problem with the Nets is that Joe Johnson has to bring more to the table in close games. Take the rock, Iso and earn that $126Mil. Bottomline...

Knick4Knack
12-12-2012, 08:37 AM

Seat available next to "Brokefoot" Lopez.

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2012, 09:30 AM
The Nets got #taped

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
This might be the first time Jmoney, wavey and DMF were taking seriously in a thread in a while. Their trolling is beyond laughable :laugh2:

uprightciti
12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Just gonna say this....last night at the bar i made a bet that...well nevermind dont wanna jinx it

nets suck

mjm07
12-12-2012, 09:49 AM
It's not even a rivalry. It's just a fan/league driven method of getting hyped up and ultimately selling more tickets. NY hype.

This.

BklynKnicks3
12-12-2012, 10:40 AM
domefavors i thought deron williams is better then melo lmaooooo

Ill21
12-12-2012, 10:41 AM

#knickstrolls

#knickstape all day. Go back to jersey, you bums. Deron Williams got paid and just doesn't care anymore.

Rockice_8
12-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Really hope all their games are like this. The intensity is amazing for a regular season game. Def had a playoff feel with the crowd and tighter rotations.

I expect both of these teams to be fighting with the MIA/BOS/Healthy Bulls teams in the playoffs for a shot to come out of the east.

NYJ - NYY
12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
how am I being ignorant

Good teams don't let the refs beat them

2-ONE-5
12-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Just an entertaining game tonight, watching JR playing hurts after falling left and right. Gerald Wallace hurting his knee staying in the game. Both of these teams will do anything just to win the regular season game. The croud was incredible.

Even last game was entertaining, going into overtime and the Nets pulling out with the victory.

Could you imagine if both of these teams played eachother in the playoffs? Jesus Christ.

As a die heart Knicks fan I LOVE THIS!!!

I'll give respect when its due, the Nets have a very good team. This is going to be a long season and maybe playoffs between both of these teams.

No bcuz at this rate the Nets wont be in the playoffs...

bklynny67
12-12-2012, 11:14 AM

#knickstrolls

Haha you're ridiculous. You attempt to make fun of Knicks fans but you're one of the biggest trolls out there. And I know you were in the game thread last night when the Knicks beat the Nets. Most Nets fans were coming up with a slew of excuses for the loss. Every fan base does it, your sig is pathetic and meaningless. I'm gonna have to make fun of it now.

ClearSoulForce
12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Good teams don't let the refs beat them

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yet EVERY SINGLE GAME the Knicks have lost, it has been the refs fault.

sammyvine
12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
deron williams needs to step up

been very disappointed with him

sammyvine
12-12-2012, 11:34 AM
domefavors i thought deron williams is better then melo lmaooooo

he is. i would rather have deron williams as my franchise player than carmelo Anthony.

melo has a better team around him. the knicks team is like the dallas team that beat miami. it may not have many all stars but it is incredibly deep.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 11:47 AM
The Nets got #taped
Huh?scotch?

Beltrans Mole
12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
he is. i would rather have deron williams as my franchise player than carmelo Anthony.

melo has a better team around him. the knicks team is like the dallas team that beat miami. it may not have many all stars but it is incredibly deep.

They need to have some kind of equivalency test for people to post on here...damn man. Melo is having a career year.

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 11:49 AM

Seat available next to "Brokefoot" Lopez.
Tis all good our back up center still owned your boy Tyson

NYJ - NYY
12-12-2012, 12:03 PM
In the end nets still lose 16-5 and 11-9 Knicks all day

waveycrockett
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Championship

sep11ie
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
story bro Cool

NYJ - NYY
12-12-2012, 12:09 PM

Championship

Didnt say anything about a championship u wanna say ur back up outplayed our defending dpoy thts fine it's a fact same as the fact we won and were 16-5 and you're 11-9

colinskik
12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I live in the NY area, and to be honest the only people I know who are Nets fans don't know much about basketball, and are either hipsters, or wanna-be gangsters who idolize Jay-Z. Not saying there aren't genuine Net fans, but to be honest I've yet to meet one in person. This is still the Knicks' city, and it's not really even close.
This is very true.

The only people I've seen actually reppin' the Nets hard (not just wearing the merch) are small kids and their parents, people who don't know all that much about basketball, people who want to play devil's advocate to their Knick fan friends, and actual NJ Nets fans, who are few and far between.

sammyvine
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
They need to have some kind of equivalency test for people to post on here...damn man. Melo is having a career year.

sooooo.....all this means relatively little if the knicks bounce out in the first round.

i prefer deron williams than carmelo. when you have a 1/9 record in the play offs its hard to take him seriously.

BklynKnicks3
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM

cocaine is a helluva drug

sammyvine
12-12-2012, 12:44 PM
This is very true.

The only people I've seen actually reppin, the Nets hard (not just wearing the merch) are small kids and their parents, people who don't know all that much about basketball, people who want to play devil's advocate to their Knick fan friends, and actual NJ Nets fans, who are few and far between.

off topic but

lol nets have a better recent record than the knicks. they went to two finals with Kidd.

the knicks haven't been relevent for a long time until today. too many knicks fans getting big headed lol

colinskik
12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
off topic but

lol nets have a better recent record than the knicks. they went to two finals with Kidd.

the knicks haven't been relevent for a long time until today. too many knicks fans getting big headed lol
I was responding to another poster but ...

The Nets DO NOT have a better "recent" record than the Knicks. Whatever that means. Are you mental? Yes, they were successful during the Kidd years ... your point? Even during those years the Knicks losing ways seemed to grab more headlines than the Nets' success.

Regardless, the point of my response was my shared observation as a native NYer that it's harder to find true Brooklyn Nets fans than it is to find true Knicks fans in the city. I understand a lot of that has to do with the new appeal of the Nets, which is cool. Just saying, for every knowledgeable Nets fan I've talked to since the start of the season, I've talked to 5 clueless Nets fans who can name one player at best, but like the black and white color scheme more than anything else ...

There's no conceit in my saying the Knicks are New York's team. The Nets are the little brother. That has nothing to do with success, it has to do with the fact that the Nets are new to NY and the Knicks are not.

Beltrans Mole
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
sooooo.....all this means relatively little if the knicks bounce out in the first round.

i prefer deron williams than carmelo. when you have a 1/9 record in the play offs its hard to take him seriously.

Go ahead take Deron over Melo I'm sure that will land you a better chance of making a run at the title...

Nycbball08
12-12-2012, 01:01 PM

No one else needs to care *******

KnickaBocka.44
12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
off topic but

The Nets were in the finals in '02 and '03, the Knicks were in the finals in '99....only 3 years between.