PDA

View Full Version : Remember the discussion between Kobe & Kyrie back in the summer?

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Game one:

Kyrie Irving: 28 points (11/21), 11 assists, 6 rebounds

Kobe Bryant: 42 points (16/28), 2 assists, 5 rebounds

This is their discussion..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uG8ubgvSSQ

Kyrie is the one that got the 'W'

b@llhog24
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Yea Kobe chucked to try to get to 50.

nickdymez
So when Kobe loses, its not a team game anymore. But when he wins, its a team sport.. :facepalm:

nickdymez

He shot over 50% right?

Baller1
12-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Kyrie. :nod:

amos1er
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Game one:

Assists don't count in one on one. Kobe would destroy him and anyone else in the league in a one on one game.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 11:02 PM
So when Kobe loses, its not a team game anymore. But when he wins, its a team sport.. :facepalm:

This thread is pure stupidity. They are counting assists even though they were talking about playing one on one. Kobe would sleepwalk through that one.

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Why are you guys making it as if I attacked Kobe...? I put the FG's to let people know he shot good :shrug:

@Amos1er.. This is their head to head, like when Kobe implemented that he would shut him down by saying "you gone need a screen to get me off you, you gone be looking at the ref like "where da foul"" so I'm just posting their boxscores

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
This thread is pure stupidity. They are counting assists even though they were talking about playing one on one. Kobe would sleepwalk through that one.

Would you be okay if it were moved?

beliges
12-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Maybe Kobe isn't shooting enough? There is absolutely no offense on the Lakers. Kobe shouldn't be forced to carry this entire franchise still, in his 17th year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 11:07 PM
For those who didn't watch the game, there was one play where Kyrie had Kobe on the iso, and Kyrie was putting up all these moves, and Kobe just rejected it right back into his face playground style. :laugh2:

Baller1
12-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Assists don't count in one on one. Kobe would destroy him and anyone else in the league in a one on one game.

This is not relevant, nor is it true at all.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 11:12 PM
This is not relevant, nor is it true at all.

One-on-One?

Yeah, Kobe would win. You did not watch the game in those possessions when they were matched up 1-on-1 and Kobe made him look silly. Kobe kinda looked like the young Afro #8 Kobe when matched on isos against Kyrie.

Baller1
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
One-on-One?

Yeah, Kobe would win. You did not watch the game in those possessions when they were matched up 1-on-1 and Kobe made him look silly. Kobe kinda looked like the young Afro #8 Kobe when matched on isos against Kyrie.

He could probably beat Kyrie, but could not beat "anyone else in the league".

But like I said, it's very irrelevant.

tredigs
12-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Kyrie might have the best moves in the NBA, but it's a tough one on one win just based on size. Still, they got out of their with the W tonight and he absolutely balled coming fresh off a month sitting out.

Gagan136
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
**** i love Kyrie

b@llhog24
12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
He shot over 50% right?

My eyes didn't tell me that when I was watching the game.

Cool story bro.

Why are you guys making it as if I attacked Kobe...? I put the FG's to let people know he shot good :shrug:

@Amos1er.. This is their head to head, like when Kobe implemented that he would shut him down by saying "you gone need a screen to get me off you, you gone be looking at the ref like "where da foul"" so I'm just posting their boxscores

KOD. :)

For those who didn't watch the game, there was one play where Kyrie had Kobe on the iso, and Kyrie was putting up all these moves, and Kobe just rejected it right back into his face playground style. :laugh2:

It was one possession dude.

LordMalik
12-11-2012, 11:40 PM
I was at the game tonite and to see the show they both put on but lucky for kyrie his team was in the show too, I for one seen the lakers flaws this year finally in person and just as other fellow psd members has been stating the lakers off is bad which forces kobe to take over the game. Ppl say Howard doesn't get enough touches but clearly tonite he did and mostly passed it back out or showed his lack of post moves and the D was just as bad.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
12-11-2012, 11:51 PM
im confused :confused:
did they ever play? orrr...

Chronz
12-12-2012, 01:12 AM
That was an intense 1 on 1 block by Kobe tho

raiderposting
12-12-2012, 01:33 AM

Cool story bro.

KOD. :)

It was one possession dude.

that's because you're ********. You also didn't watch the game, don't front.

cg_la00
12-12-2012, 01:33 AM
uuhh yea kobe definitely killed kyrie when they were defending each other tonight so kobe 1 kyrie 0

b@llhog24
12-12-2012, 01:40 AM
that's because you're ********.

It was a shot at how he doesn't like to use stats unless they support his favorite player.

You also didn't watch the game, don't front.

Kyrie with the 3.

The kid is good.

Why did Duhon take that 30 footer?

Kyrie is winning that battle so far.

Good call.

Lol at D12 free throw.

Lol Kyrie and Andy destroyed the Lakers.

Koe ain't clutch.

Andy looking like Ray Allen with the clutch free throws.

Can you shut the **** up now? Would be greatly appreciated.

raiderposting
12-12-2012, 01:48 AM
It was a shot at how he doesn't like to use stats unless they support his favorite player.

Can you shut the **** up now? Would be greatly appreciated.

you're still ********. Its not called chucking if he's being efficient.

b@llhog24
12-12-2012, 02:10 AM
you're still ********. Its not called chucking if he's being efficient.

By "chuck" I meant he was getting up a lot of shots. It saved me time. Happy now? Also like how you just nonchalantly brushed off the fact that you were wrong.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 02:17 AM
im confused :confused:
did they ever play? orrr...

I think back in the summer they said they will play a year from now so I guess it will be in july or august

Sactown
12-12-2012, 02:23 AM
To be honest I think Kobe would destroy Kyrie one on one, I think he's to strong and just a more pure scorer... Not saying in a years time Kobe will be a better basketball player, but I would bet he's still better one on one

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 02:32 AM
The way I see it... If they are playing make it take it then whoever gets the ball first will most likely win

Fnom11
12-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Kyrie had the better game and took the W.

whitemamba33
12-12-2012, 03:39 AM

Shot 57%...maybe you should get your eyes checked.

b@llhog24
12-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Shot 57%...maybe you should get your eyes checked.

If you think that comment was literal then. :facepalm:

whitemamba33
12-12-2012, 03:51 AM
If you think that comment was literal then. :facepalm:

Says the guy who said he was chucking.

b@llhog24
12-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Says the guy who said he was chucking.

Read the thread.

shep33
12-12-2012, 04:07 AM
I still think Kobe would take him one on one. He's just way too big.

RenegadeRiot36
12-12-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah Kobe's size alone makes it a tough one for Kyrie on the defensive side because Kobe can and will shoot right over him. Offensively though Kyrie can do more than hold his own.

amos1er
12-12-2012, 06:29 AM
He could probably beat Kyrie, but could not beat "anyone else in the league".

But like I said, it's very irrelevant.

Name me one player in this league that has better one on one skills than Kobe. Please don't say Lebron because I will laugh my *** off. Lebron is a team oriented system player and does not have nearly the one on one offensive moves that Kobe has. Kobe even called him out years ago and Lebron wisely didn't take him up on the challenge. Also, another little tidbit for you...Kobe challenges every new player on the Lakers to a one on one game and whoops their ***. It's his ritual. He even destroyed Pau in a one on one post game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv4GsiiKhi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvWxE97FwAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq0bWce-GJg

thenaj17
12-12-2012, 06:59 AM

Their box scores have ZERO relevance on how they did 1 on 1. Irving played great and is my favourite non-Laker.

A couple possessions Kobe was guarded by Irving, Kobe scored each time with no screens, just ISO.

Irving was guarded by Kobe once in ISO and got nowhere in 10 seconds before trying to fadeaway and got blocked by Kobe.

Irving is a rising star and a brilliant basketball player...but 1 on 1, Kobe would own him all game long.

thenaj17
12-12-2012, 07:05 AM

Why does this not shock me? You use all the stats in the world (well false out of context ones anyway) to back up an argument when it suits you but ignore the fact Kobe was 57% from the floor and the only 1 making any shots.

Another stat for you - the rest of the team was just over 30% FG's

CavsYanksDuke
12-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Congratulations to Kobe for having four inches on Kyrie, because that's literally the only advantage Kobe has over Irving.

thenaj17
12-12-2012, 07:09 AM
I was at the game tonite and to see the show they both put on but lucky for kyrie his team was in the show too, I for one seen the lakers flaws this year finally in person and just as other fellow psd members has been stating the lakers off is bad which forces kobe to take over the game. Ppl say Howard doesn't get enough touches but clearly *every single game* he does and mostly passed it back out or showed his lack of post moves and the D was just as bad.

Corrected

thenaj17
12-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Name me one player in this league that has better one on one skills than Kobe. Please don't say Lebron because I will laugh my *** off. Lebron is a team oriented system player and does not have nearly the one on one offensive moves that Kobe has. Kobe even called him out years ago and Lebron wisely didn't take him up on the challenge. Also, another little tidbit for you...Kobe challenges every new player on the Lakers to a one on one game and whoops their ***. It's his ritual. He even destroyed Pau in a one on one post game.

Absolutely love Kevin Durant. ''I'm nowhere near those guys, i'm just trying to get there'' I know this was a year ago, but he was still better than Wade and at least equal to Kobe.

MonroeFAN
12-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Kyrie is soo sweet, he's got next-Brandon Roy written all over him, or Jay Williams, or a smaller Greg Oden.

This topic is kind of pointless though, the conversation was 1 on 1, they wouldn't have been even guarding one another.

MonroeFAN
12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Congratulations to Kobe for having four inches on Kyrie, because that's literally the only advantage Kobe has over Irving.

That, and about a thousand games of actually playing NBA basketball. Is this the general thought process? After 1 shortened (by injury and schedule) season it's ok to bring him into the same light as one of the best players of all time?

That has to be the dumbest logic I've ever heard in my life.

STA_PLAR
12-12-2012, 09:30 AM
I hate Kobe with a passion, but a lot of this aint his fault. He is scoring like a beast and shooting well so its his bum *** team like dwight that need to step up.

HYFR
12-12-2012, 09:33 AM

This is a joke right?

mdm692
12-12-2012, 11:14 AM

Lebron, Carmelo and KD say hi. Maybe 7-8 years ago.

Sly Guy
12-12-2012, 11:16 AM

tough to call him a chucker on those shooting numbers.

nickdymez
12-12-2012, 11:27 AM

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Money_23
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM

so now watching games is important.... now that you can't use "stats" to argue against him. You are really reaching.

Money_23
12-12-2012, 11:44 AM
By "chuck" I meant he was getting up a lot of shots. It saved me time. Happy now? Also like how you just nonchalantly brushed off the fact that you were wrong.

PSD, where you have to shoot 21 shots or lower to not be criticized, no matter how efficient you shot.....

blystr2002
12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
I hate when people put boxscores of a game and say that they were head to head. Just because 2 people play the same position doesn't mean they guard each other the majority of plays. Their are fastbreaks, movement, different defensive/offensive sets, and minutes on the bench etc.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 12:40 PM
You guys are really angry that I put the boxscores... Is it because Kyrie had 11 assists & Kobe had 2?

Baller1
12-12-2012, 12:49 PM

Durant would eat Kobe alive. Strong chance that Lebron could as well.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 12:53 PM
No one in the NBA can stay in front of LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Rose, etc.

One on one means nothing to NBA players.. I'm pretty sure Gilbert Arenas could beat some legends simply because no one can stop him from scoring. Although I don't think Kyrie is smart enough this point to play Kobe, by the end of the year the gap will be narrowed more

MickeyMgl
12-12-2012, 01:01 PM

:)
16/28 is not chucking.

MickeyMgl
12-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Game one:

Except this was 5-on-5, right?

There were a handful of 1-on-1 matchups between them during the course of this game, and Kobe pretty much owned Kyrie on those plays. Scored on him at one end, swatted his shot at the other.

MickeyMgl
12-12-2012, 01:06 PM

Within the context of their summer discussion, pretty much everything you said in your post is irrelevant. Assists in 1-on-1?

sep11ie
12-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Kyrie Bryant.

b@llhog24
12-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Why does this not shock me? You use all the stats in the world (well false out of context ones anyway) to back up an argument when it suits you but ignore the fact Kobe was 57% from the floor and the only 1 making any shots.

Another stat for you - the rest of the team was just over 30% FG's

Prove they're out of context. Oh wait you can't.

tough to call him a chucker on those shooting numbers.

I'm not calling him a chucker, I said he "chucked" up a lot of shots to get to 50. Shoots even he said the "the cavs just talked themselves into 50" in the video. Or are you like the rest of the Kobephiles (not calling you one) who just wanna defend anything anti-Kobe?

so now watching games is important

I probably watch basketball more than you, it's actually one of the few things that I would watch on tv.

.... now that you can't use "stats" to argue against him. You are really reaching.

It was a joke, take the stick from out of your *** man.

PSD, where you have to shoot 21 shots or lower to not be criticized, no matter how efficient you shot.....

Who criticized him? :confused:

:)
16/28 is not chucking.

Definition of CHUCK

: pat, tap
a : toss, throw

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chuck

#You'reWelcome

Money_23
12-12-2012, 02:31 PM
I probably watch basketball more than you, it's actually one of the few things that I would watch on tv.

this is just as valid as i say I watch more basketball than you. But I don't see how that's relevant to what I said.

It was a joke, take the stick from out of your *** man.

can't sense sarcasm related to tone of voice on the internet. Not my fault so no need to get angry.

Who criticized him? :confused:

"he chucked his way to 50 points" implies negativity. Don't use technicalities to defend yourself because that's what you were aiming for. Chuck by definition is throw, but when applied in a sentence like the one you used it only means 1 thing: shot jacking. No one uses chuck the same way they use shoot in basketball. Nice try though.
If someone went 40 for 40, no one would say: "that dude chucked his way to 100 points." Then again, you did so I guess you are special.

b@llhog24
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
this is just as valid as i say I watch more basketball than you. But I don't see how that's relevant to what I said.

It's as valid as your claim that I don't watch basketball games. YOU DON'T KNOW. Also that's why I used the word "probably"

can't sense sarcasm related to tone of voice on the internet. Not my fault so no need to get angry.

I'm not angry. I don't know you and you don't know me, why should I care so much about the opinion of a stranger? Do you?

"he chucked his way to 50 points" implies negativity.

Or I means what I'm saying.

Don't use technicalities to defend yourself because that's what you were aiming for. Chuck by definition is throw, but when applied in a sentence like the one you used it only means 1 thing: shot jacking. No one uses chuck the same way they use shoot in basketball. Nice try though.

The title "chucker" is bestowed to those who shoot a lot and do it inefficiently (with some adjustment for supporting casts but that's more off a personal definition). The word chuck itself can be used in the context that I said that it was meant to be used in. I'm only responsible for what I say and not for what you understand. If there's some uncertainty around what I meant, you're free to ask instead of blindly making assumptions.

If someone went 40 for 40, no one would say: "that dude chucked his way to 100 points." Then again, you did so I guess you are special.

Lol so now you're attacking my intelligence when you're the misguided one? Typical Kobephile.

sp1derm00
12-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Kobe: 16/28
Rest of Lakers: 15/47