PDA

View Full Version : Updated NBA Finals Prediction

RocketLoc80
12-11-2012, 10:35 PM
With a month in a season in does is everybody finals pick the same or have they changed? Post them up and does anybody see a Lakers-Heat finals still?

Guppyfighter
12-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I changed from Spurs-Heat to Spurs-Heat.

SportsFanatic10
12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
lol there's a new thread like this everyday. still heat thunder.

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 10:44 PM
OKC-heat

RocketLoc80
12-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I am starting to have my doubts about the Heat with the way the Knicks are playing.If the Knicks get the 1 seed then they are going to the finals

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I am starting to have my doubts about the Heat with the way the Knicks are playing.If the Knicks get the 1 seed then they are going to the finals

Excellent. Miami needs as many doubters as possible.

kdspurman
12-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Spurs-Heat.

Baller1
12-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Still OKC-Heat. Haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.

RocketLoc80
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Still OKC-Heat. Haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.

If the Knicks continue to play how they are playing they are going to the finals

seikou8
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
heat -okc is my preseason prediction and iwill stick to it i hopethe knicks can prove me wrong

Baller1
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
If the Knicks continue to play how they are playing they are going to the finals

No they're not.

LAKobeBryant
12-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Why not have a update thread on playoff predictions after every game or day

ManRam
12-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Lakers v Heat

Original thread too! Nice way to change things up!

RocketLoc80
12-11-2012, 11:03 PM
heat -okc is my preseason prediction and iwill stick to it i hopethe knicks can prove me wrong

So you want Knicks Thunder huh

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 11:03 PM

you and some knicks homers are probably the only people to pick NY over miami in a 7 game series.

Hoopsadvocate
12-11-2012, 11:06 PM
If playing good in the regular season means ur going to the finals we wouldn't need a playoffs.

Seriously think of all the teams to do good in the regular season and not make the finals....

Add Ny to the list because especially since they aren't even close to battle tested in the playoffs.

They will be fortunate getting out of the 2nd round.

Public Enemy #1
12-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm not bias towards basketball predictions anymore. I'm just happy my Warriors are relevant for the moment. :D

Heat are far and away the best team in basketball. It's December guys, they aren't playing their best and there really isn't any reason for them to do so anyways as they can beat most teams at 85-90%. Nothing's changed at all from last year except now they have Ray Allen coming off the bench. :laugh:

Knicks fans can talk all they want how they beat the Heat twice... its not even the All Star break yet. Heat have literally nothing to prove, Knicks have everything to prove; all the motivation in the world to show they can be at Miami's level.

I could be completely and totally wrong but I don't think so.... Miami's cruising right now, won't admit it of course. Media would be on their *** and so would Spoelstra. Championships aren't won in November or December. They're won in June.

The West is a little more complicated. Thunder still showing that they can play at a championship contender level without The Beard. Grizzlies are playing great basketball but I feel like they are missing something, don't know what but something is missing, maybe an elite scorer off the bench? Spurs are always there. Clippers will be in the mix. Lakers are still figuring it out, can't doubt them yet...

Heat vs Thunder rematch. Heat repeat. Barring any injuries to either team.

Patrick Ewing33
12-11-2012, 11:09 PM
you and some knicks homers are probably the only people to pick NY over miami in a 7 game series.Isn't that what you're doing?

The games are ment to be played, you have no idea what the outcome will be... Your team is not unbeatable.. Stop it man..

Evolution23
12-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I dont see the Heat making the playoffs if they keep playing like this.

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 11:18 PM

D+

Obvious trolling attempt but piss poor effort.

Hoopsadvocate
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM

D+

But he's a Knicks fan so he's already mentally handicapped so I think he did a good job considering.

Evolution it's ok lil buddy the Knicks are back!!! Congrats on the title coming ur way!

bklynny67
12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
There should be a thread about posting NBA finals predictions, but you're NOT allowed to predict your team... cuz it gets pretty lame when literally every Heat fan says the Heat, every Knicks fan says the Knicks, every Spurs fan says the Spurs, every Thunder fan says the Thunder, and so on.......

Anyways, trying to go off of my idea, I'll predict Heat vs Grizzlies

TylerSL
12-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Heat will be #4 seed......

blastmasta26
12-11-2012, 11:49 PM
But he's a Knicks fan so he's already mentally handicapped so I think he did a good job considering.

Evolution it's ok lil buddy the Knicks are back!!! Congrats on the title coming ur way!
Nice job on the bait there yourself, calling all Knicks fans mentally handicapped.

RocketLoc80
12-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Upping

knicks_champ
12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I find it hilarious that people can't name the Knicks a serious title contending team.. I know it's early and it's only the regular season but get the hate out your mind and give props when due. They are playing better than any team in the east right now and look like a finals team if they continue.

I'm not saying they will but it's looking that way if they continue playing at this level.

Dade County
12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
HEAT vs some team that will get out played and kept in check by the refs...

NBA = Entertainment

All this drama that they are trying to build up is never going to fool me... The Lakers are fine, the HEAT are fine ( script writers creating drama ), and the Knicks are who I thought they would be, a good team that the HEAT will see in the ECF unless rose has something to say about that.

Clippers, Spurs, OKC & Memphis are all capable of making it to the finals, but unless the league tells Lbj that you can't win a ring this year, I believe the HEAT are going to win the NBA championship do to talent and basketball reasons.

Jarvo
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Spurs :clap: vs Heat still.

Heediot
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Clippers-Knicks

Max.This
12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
you and some knicks homers are probably the only people to pick NY over miami in a 7 game series.

you are just like all the miami homers that dont see that at any point last season they couldve lost. Rajon rondo put the team on his back and whooped their ***. If he had even a little help, this ring you talk of wouldnt have existed. How could tyou not see the possibility that the Heat wouldnt make the finals. The knicks *** raped the Heat without implementing an Amare which he could be effective coming off the bench and a starter in iman shumpert. If used correctly ontop of our current roster, we will give the Heat a great series, that is if we ever faced in the playoffs. Its absurd that you think everyone will bow down to the heat at every given moment because they got spoon fed a championship.

Mitch Kramer
12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
D+

Obvious bandwagon fan who didnt even pay attention to the Heat prior to 2010. :laugh:

BIG worm
12-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Clippers vs Heat

BIG worm
12-12-2012, 12:50 PM
If the Heat face a team with size its game over i think....people tend to forget the heat had an incredibly easy road to the finals last year. I for one dont see the heat as some unbeatable juggernaut.

uprightciti
12-12-2012, 01:04 PM
the heat need a trade to compete down the stretch

spurs always get tired in the playoffs

okc - knicks

Nycbball08
12-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Look who's talking about homer

Dade County
12-12-2012, 02:05 PM
you are just like all the miami homers that dont see that at any point last season they couldve lost. Rajon rondo put the team on his back and whooped their ***. If he had even a little help, this ring you talk of wouldnt have existed. How could tyou not see the possibility that the Heat wouldnt make the finals. The knicks *** raped the Heat without implementing an Amare which he could be effective coming off the bench and a starter in iman shumpert. If used correctly ontop of our current roster, we will give the Heat a great series, that is if we ever faced in the playoffs. Its absurd that you think everyone will bow down to the heat at every given moment because they got spoon fed a championship.

Lbj spoon feed Dallas a ring, did you write a post about that? If not, then just keep on being a tool.

mjm07
12-12-2012, 02:10 PM

Cool. While we wait for that to happen please PM me 6 numbers. The first 5 have to be between 1-59 and the 6th betweeen 1-30. Thanks. ;)

h2r09
12-12-2012, 02:12 PM
If the Heat face a team with size its game over i think....people tend to forget the heat had an incredibly easy road to the finals last year. I for one dont see the heat as some unbeatable juggernaut.

They played the knicks who people are overrating right now, the pacers without an all star for the entire series, and the celtics without an all star for most of the series.

2 of those teams had size and the celtics arent exactly small.

NYYCowboys
12-12-2012, 02:21 PM

Yeah we only beat you by 20 twice, once on your home floor without 2 out of 3 of our best players. But yeah we have no shot.

FYL_McVeezy
12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
HEAT vs some team that will get out played and kept in check by the refs...

NBA = Entertainment

All this drama that they are trying to build up is never going to fool me... The Lakers are fine, the HEAT are fine ( script writers creating drama ), and the Knicks are who I thought they would be, a good team that the HEAT will see in the ECF unless rose has something to say about that.

Clippers, Spurs, OKC & Memphis are all capable of making it to the finals, but unless the league tells Lbj that you can't win a ring this year, I believe the HEAT are going to win the NBA championship do to talent and basketball reasons.

I am a Knicks fan, and I agree with you.

But, Dirk was able to win a ring, so I wouldn't count Melo out of the "Good player who couldn't quite get over the hump but learned how to win" storyline.

heyman321
12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Philly vs T-Wolves

h2r09
12-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah we only beat you by 20 twice, once on your home floor without 2 out of 3 of our best players. But yeah we have no shot.

the bulls beat us every game in the regular season 2 years ago, as did the celtics. we beat both in 5.

Lebron is averaging 5 free throws per game this year because he isnt going balls to the wall every game like he will during the playoffs. What is the incentive to go hard to the paint every game in the regular season.

The knicks will not shoot the ball like they have 4 times in the regular season against the heat in a 7 game series.

They are playing out of their mind and will come back to earth.

sep11ie
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I can see the Wizards climbing their way back up the rankings and making it to the finals.

NYYCowboys
12-12-2012, 02:36 PM
the bulls beat us every game in the regular season 2 years ago, as did the celtics. we beat both in 5.

Lebron is averaging 5 free throws per game this year because he isnt going balls to the wall every game like he will during the playoffs. What is the incentive to go hard to the paint every game in the regular season.

The knicks will not shoot the ball like they have 4 times in the regular season against the heat in a 7 game series.

They are playing out of their mind and will come back to earth.

First of all I'm not saying the Knicks would definitely win in a 7 game series, but they certainly have a good chance. If they get the #1 seed I like our chances with HCA considering how good we have been at home this year (8-0, only undefeated team at home).

Second of all the Bulls, and Celtics didn't beat the Heat by the magnitude that the Knicks have beaten them so far.

Thirdly, the Knicks success is definitely sustainable. People point to the fact that they're getting lucky by hitting a lot of 3s. They may slow down a little, but the fact of the matter is they have a lot of notoriously good 3 point shooters, who aren't shooting that much over their career averages. That's what happens when Melo plays the 4. Creates a lot of spacing, and puts the Knicks in position to put good 3 point shooters at every position besides C.

And the Knicks aren't only winning by hitting a ton of 3s. They are actually playing solid defense too, and most importantly do an amazing job of limiting turnovers which is huge considering they aren't a good rebounding team.

DanG
12-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Right now.. OKC vs Heat or Knicks

LAKERMANIA
12-12-2012, 02:47 PM
OKC-Heat

But I changed my ECF from Miami vs. Boston to Miami vs. New York

h2r09
12-12-2012, 02:54 PM
First of all I'm not saying the Knicks would definitely win in a 7 game series, but they certainly have a good chance. If they get the #1 seed I like our chances with HCA considering how good we have been at home this year (8-0, only undefeated team at home).

Second of all the Bulls, and Celtics didn't beat the Heat by the magnitude that the Knicks have beaten them so far.

Thirdly, the Knicks success is definitely sustainable. People point to the fact that they're getting lucky by hitting a lot of 3s. They may slow down a little, but the fact of the matter is they have a lot of notoriously good 3 point shooters, who aren't shooting that much over their career averages. That's what happens when Melo plays the 4. Creates a lot of spacing, and puts the Knicks in position to put good 3 point shooters at every position besides C.

And the Knicks aren't only winning by hitting a ton of 3s. They are actually playing solid defense too, and most importantly do an amazing job of limiting turnovers which is huge considering they aren't a good rebounding team.

They do not have a lot of notoriously good 3 point shooters. They have a lot of shooters. JAson Kidd has not been a good shooter for like 3 years. He is shooting over 50% from 3 where he shot 33% the last 2 years.

Carmelo is shooting 45% from 3 and is a career 33% shooter fro 3.
Even Ronnie Brewer is shooting 36% when he is an awful shooter who is a career 26% shooter.

THIS WILL NOT KEEP UP.

They HAVE limited turnovers. They will not continue to do so. They have one of the lowest turnover rates in nba history. That will go up, as will their number of losses.

NYYCowboys
12-12-2012, 03:53 PM
They do not have a lot of notoriously good 3 point shooters. They have a lot of shooters. JAson Kidd has not been a good shooter for like 3 years. He is shooting over 50% from 3 where he shot 33% the last 2 years.

Carmelo is shooting 45% from 3 and is a career 33% shooter fro 3.
Even Ronnie Brewer is shooting 36% when he is an awful shooter who is a career 26% shooter.

THIS WILL NOT KEEP UP.

They HAVE limited turnovers. They will not continue to do so. They have one of the lowest turnover rates in nba history. That will go up, as will their number of losses.

Keep hoping that bruh. You'll be disappointed.

SteBO
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Keep hoping that bruh. You'll be disappointed.
I'm not sure about the turnover rate because that has a higher chance of continuing just because of the personell the Knicks have, but there's no reason why any rational fan would think that Kidd's 50% 3pt shooting, and even Melo's 45% will hold up over the course of an entire season. The NBA just doesn't work that way, but we'll see.