PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Most Fortunate Head Coach in Coaching Elite PG's ?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
That's the question. My vote would go to Byron Scott.

Had J-Kidd in New Jersey, Chris Paul in NOLA, and now Kyrie Irving in Cleveland.

Can you think of other coaches who have been fortunate and the pleasure of coaching multiple elite PGs?

bholly
12-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Weird question. There aren't too many who've had multiple elite PGs, at least not in recent years. Scott's the only one I see off the top of my head.

Given that, D'Antoni is the only other one I'd add, based purely on being in like his 6th year with a two-time MVP.
If you want to go back a bit, Sloan had both Stockton and DWill.
I guess Thibs too, if you count his time in Boston.

dhopisthename
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Jerry Sloan? John Stockton then dwill

cubbybear2290
12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Vinny with Chris Paul and Derrick Rose to start off his career?

bholly
12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Don Nelson had Moncrief (sort of a PG?), Sleepy Floyd, Tim Hardaway, Nash, and BDiddy - all All-Stars, at least.

Chronz
12-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Jerry Sloan? John Stockton then dwill

He had that one year without any of them when everyone thought the Jazz would sink down the standings, instead they remained competitive.

And Deron wasn't anything to brag about his first 2 years and has looked worse ever since leaving his tutelage

Chronz
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Don Nelson had Moncrief (sort of a PG?), Sleepy Floyd, Tim Hardaway, Nash, and BDiddy - all All-Stars, at least.

His Bucks were talented but people seem to make a big deal about him turning his forwards into PG's. Most of those players had some of their best years under him, that has to count for something. I think he even got the best out of Stephen Jackson. Thats hard to do.