PDA

View Full Version : Kevin love uncertain about staying it Minnesota!

Punk
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Kevin Love continues to have reservations about his future with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

"That's a tough pill to swallow."

Love was also once interrupted in the training room following a loss by David Kahn, who reportedly shoved a contract offer sheet into his hands.

"I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," said Love.

Love missed the first part of the season with a broken hand sustained while doing knuckle pushups.

"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."

Love believes in Rick Adelman, but Kahn's personnel moves continue to be looked at suspiciously.

"You walk into the locker room every year, and it's completely turned over," Love says. "There's new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a plan?"

Love signed a four-year, $62 million contract extension with the Wolves last year, far from the five-year, $80 million max deal he could have conceivably signed.

Love doesn't simply want the Wolves to be a playoff team, but also a title contender.

"And that's on me to do my part, to get us there," said Love, but the franchise won't have a benefit of doubt from him. "I'll have the leverage."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports
The new superstar saga ladies and gentlemen.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
For everyone else still stunned over the Minnesota Timberwolves' owner and general manager downright daring the franchise's best player to leave for free agency in two years, Kevin Love promises to be a professional, promises All-Star performance and productivity. Over the organization's refusal to designate him as the cornerstone, though, there come no promises of forgiveness from Love. No assurance it won't chase him out the door and out of the franchise forever someday.
"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.
"That's a tough pill to swallow."
No, Kevin Love isn't over Taylor and GM David Kahn refusing him what he had earned. He isn't over Kahn marching into the trainer's room after a loss and thrusting a contract offer sheet into his hands. Where else does it work that way in the NBA? "I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," Love says.
Perhaps those issues wouldn't still be so raw had the franchise responded differently when Love broke his hand in a preseason workout. In a regimen he's done most of his life, Love fractured a bone thrusting himself to his feet upon completion of a round of knuckle pushups. He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn't happen the way Love insisted it did.
"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."

Across a table in a downtown Philadelphia steak house recently, Love digs into a shrimp cocktail and considers the futility of the regime that passed judgment on his future, the power it holds over his championship aspirations. As much as Love believes strongly in the greatness of coach Rick Adelman, Kahn has offered no reason for faith in his own wayward vision.
"You walk into the locker room every year, and it's completely turned over," Love says. "There's new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a plan?"

Love doesn't want to sound "bitter over it," he says, because he understands that no one wants to hear him unhappy over a four-year, $62 million contract. In so many ways, the contract is beyond his wildest dreams. Yet the five-year, $80 million maximum designation the franchise could have given him represented the commitment he wanted to make to Minnesota, the way with which a first-team All-NBA player and Olympian should stand shoulder to shoulder with a city, an organization.
In the end, Love never wants to feel like he's pitted against young point guard Ricky Rubio, because he adores him as a teammate and a talent. Yet, the reality is unmistakable: For all of Kahn's missed picks, failed signings and flawed trades, Rubio is the player whom the GM can take full credit. Someday, Kahn wants Rubio to be his five-year, max-out star, but will Rubio want to stay in Minnesota should Love walk out the door?
"It was a projection over a sure thing," Love says. "There's no question there was an agenda here. A different agenda."
"I have a very, very good memory, and I always remember the people who have done right by me, and the people who have done wrong by me," he says. "It will be embedded in my brain, and something I won't forget about. There's no telling what will happen. I would love to compete for a championship in Minnesota, but "
Between now and his 2015 opt-out, Love wants to be clear: Around him, he doesn't want merely a playoff team. He wants a team that contends. "And that's on me to do my part, to get us there," but the organization has lost the benefit of the doubt with Love. When it's time for every franchise in the NBA to clear cap space and try to sign him, Love simply understands: "I'll have the leverage."

Love will never get over how badly he wanted the designation as the Wolves' franchise player, how deeply he believed it had been deserved and how Kahn was so smugly defiant in refusing to recognize it. When the Wolves should've been throwing a parade that Love wanted a five-year maximum contract designation a year ago, the franchise could forever regret the consequences of telling a superstar player he wasn't worth that commitment.
For as foolish as it was to tell a first-team All-NBA forward, an Olympian, that that the Wolves would be saving the super max deal for someone else, Taylor and Kahn somehow gave into Love's insistence of an opt-out after the third year of the four-year deal. Privately, Kahn has told people that he isn't worried, that the Wolves can pay Love the most money on the market and that he doesn't believe he'll leave for less.
It's a terrible miscalculation. Russell Westbrook didn't want to leave the magnificent core of talent assembled in Oklahoma City when the Thunder sold him on the four-year max contract. OKC's management sold Westbrook on finding a way to fit so much championship talent within the financial constraints of a small-market roster, but Love's situation doesn't compare.

"I haven't been in the playoffs yet," Love says. "I'm looking at my contract in the eye of two years from now, and if I haven't been to the playoffs or it's been one playoff berth well, it's going to be tough to say, 'Oh well, I'm going to stay here and continue to rebuild.' "
For three seasons around Love, the incompetence of Kahn's regime ruled the day. For three seasons, Love transformed his body, his talent, his productivity to become one of the most menacing scorers and rebounders in the sport. With Love and Rubio, the Wolves should be shaping into a championship contender.
The Wolves had successive seasons with the sixth, fourth and second overall picks in the draft, and nothing to show for it. Jonny Flynn is out of the NBA. Wesley Johnson is on his way. And Derrick Williams the No. 2 overall pick will be getting one DNP after another on the Wolves' bench until Kahn finally trades him for next to nothing in the near future. Free agents were signed only to be shipped out when they didn't perform.

After four years, Love does believe there's winning players on this roster, but he understands something else, too: Opportunity after opportunity was wasted to construct a sustainable contender around him, and those chances are gone forever. Love likes most of this roster now, but where's the staying power to suggest that it'll grow together? Bottom line: The Wolves should be much further along in their construction, and that's completely on Kahn.
Looking back, Love still refuses to believe that dumping center Al Jefferson on Utah for picks and salary-cap space ultimately all misused, of course was the right choice for the Wolves. For everyone within the organization who believed that those two couldn't play together, Love still contends: Did we ever find out?
"We should've at least tried it, especially with the way things were going," Love says. "I was beginning to figure things out in my second season. Everybody knew what Al was capable of, and is still capable of. It was definitely worth the risk of seeing what would happen. If it didn't work, then go another way. But we never tried it."
For Love, it goes back to smart, savvy franchise building. His summers with USA Basketball taught him about organizational structure, about accountability, about an atmosphere where everything and everyone performed at the highest level to chase victory. Love admires Adelman, and knows that Adelman had significant input into bringing talent like Andrei Kirilenko to the Wolves.
Yet, Love still understands that Adelman's job is coaching, and that ultimately there needs to be significant changes with which the way management complements Love and Rubio.
"Look at different teams around the league," he says. "Look at a San Antonio that continues to add talent around [Tim] Duncan and [Manu] Ginobili and [Tony] Parker. Look at what happens in Oklahoma City, the players they continue to add around their star players. Even the trade they had where they lost [James] Harden, they still added players that were going to fit well in their system. And speaking of small markets, look at a team like Memphis and all they've been able to accomplish. They're getting the most out of their entire organization."
Love has made the case over and over that he's hell-bent on getting the most out of himself. Two years ago, Love gave the Wolves 20 points and 15 rebounds a game. He turned it into 26 and 13 a year ago. Within the chaos of the Kahn-imposed Kurt Rambis regime, Love worked relentlessly with his personal trainer, Rob McClanaghan, and has moved to obliterate the limits that people inside and outside the game so often imposed on him.
"I obviously know the color of my skin, especially in this predominately black game," Love says. "I was tagged early as the prototypical white player, the guy with the intangibles the smart player, the guy who did all the right things. As time went on, people started labeling me as, 'Hey this guy is a pretty good player.' And it started to become, 'Maybe he can be a great player.' I was able to grow because I was able to get out of my comfort zone, and that was something that [McClanaghan] has helped with tremendously.
"Randy Wittman told me not to shoot 3-pointers. That got me very uncomfortable. There were certain labels tagged on me very early in my career, spots on the floor where I felt uncomfortable. I continued to put myself out there in those spots."

In some ways, Taylor and Kahn have done Love a favor. They didn't do it intentionally, because they're simply not savvy enough, but there's an anger pulsating with Love, a ferocity that they've indirectly fueled. Minnesota will be the beneficiary for the term of his contract, but beyond 2015, well, the Wolves had better pray that his devotion to the locker room, to the coach, to the fans, overtakes his distaste and mistrust of them.
For now, though, the owner and GM who should've wanted to hold a parade when Kevin Love was willing to commit to five seasons are simply two more venomous voices pushing him harder and harder.
"That's the crazy thing about this: There's this whole [expletive]-up, cynical thing going on in my head, where I love people telling me what I can't do, telling me this is what you're going to be, this is your ceiling. Just everybody projecting for me. I'm not breaking any bounds or barriers saying this, but I think all kids white, black, purple, whatever color in basketball should never put a limit on themselves.
"I've had plenty of people tell me who I was going to be, and I feel like, for the time being, I've exceeded that."
For now, the franchise player of the Minnesota Timberwolves plays on with an understanding that sooner than later, he makes the choice on his future. If losing Kevin Garnett set back the Wolves, just watch how it turns out should Kevin Love walk out in his mid-20s. Somehow, the Wolves let this happen. Somehow, Glen Taylor and David Kahn are daring him. Pity the poor Timberwolves.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
It's a long read but pretty insightful!
I'm calling it now though the lakers will build a package around Gasol to try and get love or they'll just wait till free agency to sign him out right!

Avenged
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm calling it now though the lakers will build a package around Gasol to try and get love or they'll just wait till free agency to sign him out right!

lol stop

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Glen Taylor Effed up with one Kevin, and not he's effing up with another Kevin.

LAKERMANIA
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Que Mitch Kupchek calling Minnesota

king4day
12-11-2012, 05:33 PM

It'll probably be a couple of years before Minny would consider dealing him. If they were to put Love on the market right now, they could get a killing for him since he's locked in for a couple more years after this one.

Avenged
12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
So the owner of the Wolves said Kevin Love is not a star.

People from the Wolves organization were doubting the legitimacy of his injury.

Unless the Wolves get a big name player or he himself finds a way to lead them to championship contention... bye bye Love.

THE MTL
12-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Well didnt the Wolves already mess up and only extend him for 3 years instead of the 5 years that Love wanted. BAD MOVE MINNY!

Anyway, Kevin Love needs to start winning basketball games before he makes demands. Sure he doesnt have much help, but his stats are beyond empty. I mean Wolves dont have to be great, but 24ppg 15rpg from Love and his team has been an absolute bottom dweller since he came into the league.

jmoney85
12-11-2012, 05:36 PM
minny must not value him that high

THE MTL
12-11-2012, 05:36 PM
So the owner of the Wolves said Kevin Love is not a star.

People from the Wolves organization were doubting the legitimacy of his injury.

Unless the Wolves get a big name player or he himself finds a way to lead them to championship contention... bye bye Love.

Ricky Rubio is the next great PG. He will be that star and actually will emerge as the true franchise player

topdog
12-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I just read the short version, but Love needs to quit acting like a drama queen superstar on the court and to the media. He really has disappointed me lately as far as his leadership, but that does not change the fact that he is the #1PF when healthy and a top 10 player.

As far as turnover, that's what you have to do as a small market team looking for talent and trying to tap guys' potential. Love was besties with Beasley who obviously wasn't worth keeping around.

ManRam
12-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Hasn't he said this in the past :shrug:

That front office has been relatively incompetent for too long now. I don't blame him. I hope they can do enough to convince him to stay, because I'd love to see those fans get that, but I can't knock him for not being to thrilled to stick around there.

Lakers + Giants
12-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Team him up with Dwight once Kobe and Pau's contracts expire. :nod:

jmoney85
12-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I think he will end up staying... I see a lot of potential with minny if they can get healthy

Snakeyestx
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Hmmmm... maybe this is why Houston took Kevin McHale on board instead of blowing up Jerry Sloan's phone last year.

Andrew32
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Love is a good guy and he plays hard.
I thought he was the perfect guy to be the cornerstone for the Minnesota franchise.

I think its a damn shame how management is apparently treating him.

topdog
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Hasn't he said this in the past :shrug:

That front office has been relatively incompetent for too long now. I don't blame him. I hope they can do enough to convince him to stay, because I'd love to see those fans get that, but I can't knock him for not being to thrilled to stick around there.

I'd prefer trading him for a Derrick Favors based package at this point. He's become stuck-up and wants the spotlight.

shep33
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow. Seems like a mess. Once rubio comes back I think he'll be okay

BklynKnicks3
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
LOl at the wolves gm saying he is not a star.

shep33
12-11-2012, 05:43 PM
This isn't the first time he called the fo into question. I think once healthy they'll be okay

jmoney85
12-11-2012, 05:44 PM
I'd prefer trading him for a Derrick Favors based package at this point. He's become stuck-up and wants the spotlight.

Doubt utah would do that... they already have a log jam of big men

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM

Even worse, it's actually the owner who came out and said that.

Punk
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
It's really stupid to disrespect the guy who is making the Wolves relevant since Garnett and they still aren't even close to being that good.

If Love demands a trade, I wouldn't blame him.

KushCubs
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Come to Chicago!

DreamShaker
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
I was actually thinking Love might go to the Lakers. He is related to most of the beach boys, and is a Cali guy. With the Clippers commiting to Griffin, I could see that being a real rivalry for years to come. Or even Golden State. I dunno, very interesting read. Love is surprisingly candid about his mistrust for Kahn and Taylor.

SlimKid
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
No doubt Love is the #1 PF when healthy, but his ego is bothersome at this point.

AddiX
12-11-2012, 05:57 PM

The first time me and there gm agree, still can't believe he would say it publicly, I'm just as appauled love would publicly blame his supporting cast.

And I also believe there is something fishy about his hand injury, not that it really matters.

Sound like love is pretty much gone.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
He said this over the summer too. I highly doubt a month of the season would change that. He's also locked up for another 3 years after this as well. He won't get traded(if he does) until the final year of that contract.

Dade County
Go to the bulls or OKC Love!!!

topdog
12-11-2012, 05:58 PM
From the article:

Love still refuses to believe that dumping center Al Jefferson on Utah for picks and salary-cap space ultimately all misused, of course was the right choice for the Wolves. For everyone within the organization who believed that those two couldn't play together, Love still contends: Did we ever find out?
"We should've at least tried it, especially with the way things were going," Love says. "I was beginning to figure things out in my second season. Everybody knew what Al was capable of, and is still capable of. It was definitely worth the risk of seeing what would happen. If it didn't work, then go another way. But we never tried it."

Now, a different on:

Minnesota Timberwolves boss David Kahn said he considers Tuesday's trade that sent Al Jefferson to Utah for draft picks confirmation of his faith and belief in third-year forward Kevin Love.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700047971/Timberwolves-look-to-Kevin-Love-after-dealing-Al-Jefferson-to-the-Utah-Jazz.html?pg=all

The Wolves did have a couple years of trying to work with Jefferson and Love, but neither is especially defensively-oriented and Love moped when he was coming off the bench.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Would love for the Bulls to build a package to offer, but it would most likely cost Noah + a lot of pieces, and our FO would want to put Noah next to Love. No chance they accept any proposal with the center piece of Boozer. Maybe Gibson, Bobcats Pick, Rights to Morotic, Bulls future 1st rounder(s). But Love would have to basically say only Chicago for that to happen.

topdog
12-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Doubt utah would do that... they already have a log jam of big men

Millsap and Big Al are about to be free agents leaving Kanter and Favors under contract. I would want Millsap, Favors and Hayward for Love so they'd be left with a 3-man rotation.

Other offers are more difficult because Love is a top 10 player and you will not get fair value so if you trade him it has to be for a talented young headlined package or for another star.

DoMeFavors
12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Honestly his owner is right about him he is overated and a stat padder...get your team to the playoffs then you might be a good player.

No matter what the best player at each position always gets their team to the playoffs

Rose
Kobe/Wade
LeBron
Dwight

If he is the best PF he should make the playoffs.

Badluck33
12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
he will NOT end up LAL.

I would put a 2 year sig bet on that one.

topdog
12-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Honestly his owner is right about him he is overated and a stat padder...get your team to the playoffs then you might be a good player.

No matter what the best player at each position always gets their team to the playoffs

Rose
Kobe/Wade
LeBron
Dwight

If he is the best PF he should make the playoffs.

The owner never said this and, in fact, there is no quote to dissect. Remember though, that this is an owner who had KG as a franchise player and that everyone's definition of "star" is a bit different.

Kobe and Wade both have missed the playoffs.

Punk
12-11-2012, 06:16 PM
So, only Kobe can say his supporting cast isn't good? What about all of the other stars that said "I'm on a contender with a great group of players" which basically means "We have more talent and better players than my other team" ?

I really think fans go out of their way to hate a player. It's really childish at this point.

BHF
12-11-2012, 06:17 PM
trade him for Calderon its a win win just ask hellcrooner

Oefarmy2005
12-11-2012, 06:21 PM
It was the owner who said that, not the GM.

Bigus Dogus
12-11-2012, 06:22 PM
In NBA years its an eternity before Love can exercise his option to get out, and trading him just won't happen for the next couple of years. I think he's a great player that gets the most out of his talent, but c'mon the things he is supposedly offended by seem a little thin. Wathcing him every night its clear he has some maturing to do, and if he doesn't then for sure he'll leave.

It also seems a bit strange that the same guy that demanded that the wolves add more talent around him is upset at all the new faces. Let's see, ditch Wes Johnson, Beas, and Darko, and add AK, Buddinger and Roy, and he's mad about that? Kahn should get Exec of the year just for amnestying Darko if it weren't for the fact he signed his sandwhich making *** in the first place.

Oefarmy2005
12-11-2012, 06:26 PM
In NBA years its an eternity before Love can exercise his option to get out, and trading him just won't happen for the next couple of years. I think he's a great player that gets the most out of his talent, but c'mon the things he is supposedly offended by seem a little thin. Wathcing him every night its clear he has some maturing to do, and if he doesn't then for sure he'll leave.

It also seems a bit strange that the same guy that demanded that the wolves add more talent around him is upset at all the new faces. Let's see, ditch Wes Johnson, Beas, and Darko, and add AK, Buddinger and Roy, and he's mad about that? Kahn should get Exec of the year just for amnestying Darko if it weren't for the fact he signed his sandwhich making *** in the first place.

Nice Bigus Dogus. You should add a pic of Love spanking Taylor, or better yet, Kahn spanking Love.

The goods
12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Minnesota wants the Rubio Pau connection he's your chance.

jmoney85
12-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Millsap and Big Al are about to be free agents leaving Kanter and Favors under contract. I would want Millsap, Favors and Hayward for Love so they'd be left with a 3-man rotation.

Other offers are more difficult because Love is a top 10 player and you will not get fair value so if you trade him it has to be for a talented young headlined package or for another star.

im sorry but that trade doesnt make sense for utah at all

and love isnt a top 10 player

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Do people honestly think he'll get traded while the Timberwolves still control him for 3 more years after this?

2-ONE-5
12-11-2012, 06:41 PM
We should have the money for him in 2 years in Philly after N. Young, Wright, Brown, and Hawes are all gone and Richardson become an expiring.

yaswaggin
12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
We should have the money for him in 2 years in Philly after N. Young, Wright, Brown, and Hawes are all gone and Richardson become an expiring.

No chance he comes to Philly unless jrue and ET are both all stars

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 07:07 PM
he will NOT end up LAL.

I would put a 2 year sig bet on that one.

This is actually perfect for the Bulls to go after.

Deng + Boozer + Taj Gibson + 1st rd pick for KLove + Luke Ridnour

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 07:08 PM
You guys just love these stories lol

Sota4Ever
12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I want KG back.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Wolves have him for 3 years, I still don't understand why they didn't give him the 5 year deal. I think he needs to shut up and stop being a drama queen, but the fact is, Minnesota hasn't given him the support to win, so I understand where he is coming from.

Whatever happens, happens. Nothing we as fans can do about it.

kozelkid
12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I didn't think it was much of a secret that he is most likely the next guy to ditch. My money is on LA unfortunately.

Mave1002
12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Team him up with Dwight once Kobe and Pau's contracts expire. :nod:

Exxxactly.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I can not imagine there are many NBA players that would be unavailable if Minny wanted to trade this guy at this age. I can not imagine Minny trading him though. It would be near impossible to get a better player in their prime in return.

Jesse2272
12-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Wolves have him for 3 years, I still don't understand why they didn't give him the 5 year deal. I think he needs to shut up and stop being a drama queen, but the fact is, Minnesota hasn't given him the support to win, so I understand where he is coming from.

Whatever happens, happens. Nothing we as fans can do about it.
Holy **** Hawk why isnt this dude locked down WTF

AddiX
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Do people honestly think he'll get traded while the Timberwolves still control him for 3 more years after this?

Do you honestly believe minny has a clue WTF they are doing?

Sota4Ever
12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski.. Is that you?? If it is everything you say makes total sense.

Twinsfan24
12-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Do you honestly believe minny has a clue WTF they are doing?

Yes I do. Enough Love is nothing more than a whiner he wants to win, and he wants help. Well he has that now, all of this will not matter if he starts winning in the next three years of his contract. This will be my only post on this I don't feel like reading through all of the garbage about how the Lakers are going to try and trade for him. IT WONT HAPPEN as long as he is still under contract in MN he will be in MN.

imagesrdecievin
12-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't understand why love is being called a drama queen here. In an age where athletes either offer canned cliches or outrageous hyperbole - here we have a guy that is offering honest, candid and well thought out and well deserved criticism and people want him to just shut up?

Why?

His owner went public with criticism that was best kept behind closed doors. His GM doesn't offer the 5 year deal which is a criticism in itself.

I agree with everything Love said about the Wolves franchise. They have been put on notice that if they don't get their **** together - he's walking. Good for him.

AddiX
12-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Yes I do. Enough Love is nothing more than a whiner he wants to win, and he wants help. Well he has that now, all of this will not matter if he starts winning in the next three years of his contract. This will be my only post on this I don't feel like reading through all of the garbage about how the Lakers are going to try and trade for him. IT WONT HAPPEN as long as he is still under contract in MN he will be in MN.

Give me a break, you guys had a full off season and came back with andre and roy, two injury riddled players who weren't even in the NBA last year!

I love was just estatic about those signings. :facepalm:

Twinsfan24
12-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Give me a break, you guys had a full off season and came back with andre and roy, two injury riddled players who weren't even in the NBA last year!

I love was just estatic about those signings. :facepalm:

Buddinger, Shved, Cunningham Stiemsma, all of which are contributing. We had to take a chance on Roy and AK and so far AK has worked out. Love was happy with the offseason. Who cares if hes not, let him walk 3 ****ing years from now. Injuries have killed us so far this season...

Chronz
12-11-2012, 08:07 PM
New?

ellington19
12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
At this point, as a minnesota fan, i dare say i'd be open to trading him.

In terms of trade value as a player (considering his age, years remaining on his contract, his contract not being outrageously expensive, and production), he'd have to be considered in the top 5 (?) wanted players in the league.

He's turned into an absolute princess of late, and seems to just crave the spotlight. He thinks everytime he shoots/drives the ball in the lane (whether there's contact of not) that he deserves FT's or the and 1, and complains and b*tches if he doesn't get the call, leading to a 4-5 defence for the rest of his team. And this is after he averages ludacris amount of FTAs p/game.

While I think they should've offered him the 5yr extension, I'm not sure I want him around if he's going to continue whining about how tough it is for him without "support" and that the team's owner doesn't think he's a "star". You're 24 and you make $15m p/year to play basketball. Just shut up and play.

Someone previously mentioned a trade based around favors/milsap for love - i'd be all for it at the moment. Then offer the big 5yr deal to Rubio.

And another thing, if he was traded to OKC, LA, Chicago or whoever, I don't think it'd work out - he wants to be the man, and he wants to take his 20 shots a game - durant/westbrook/martin, kobe/pau, rose/deng wouldn't allow him to do that and he'd start b*tching about not getting enough of the ball.

He needs a major attitude adjustment if he's going to be a top 5/10/whatever people are estimating player in this league. With the attitude he has now, he's never going to be a winner.

TheSource
12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Minneasota's attempt to give him support ultimately failed only due to injuries, and for all that matters it's really no ones fault for not making the playoffs, bad luck really.

Sota4Ever
12-11-2012, 08:15 PM
We are an 8th seed right now, and still missing our most important player. Along with 2 shooting guards.

Chronz
12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I cosign Love's belief that he and Jefferson were never given a chance to grow together.

Given the proper defensive role players (Rubio-AK47), they could have been a solid 2 way squad. Pek is great for his role tho.

jchase3
12-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Kevin Love will be a Los Angeles Laker. Whether it's this year, next year, or in 2 years.

And then he will :win:

topdog
12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't understand why love is being called a drama queen here. In an age where athletes either offer canned cliches or outrageous hyperbole - here we have a guy that is offering honest, candid and well thought out and well deserved criticism and people want him to just shut up?

Why?

His owner went public with criticism that was best kept behind closed doors. His GM doesn't offer the 5 year deal which is a criticism in itself.

I agree with everything Love said about the Wolves franchise. They have been put on notice that if they don't get their **** together - he's walking. Good for him.

Love is being called a drama queen for the way he has been acting lately, not just this article. He complained about the roster before Kahn even had a chance to start on free agency in the way his 3-yr. plan had already envisioned.

He comes back from injury in a surprise appearance and then demands that the offense goes through him despite the team playing fairly well without him and his hand not being 100%. He childishly throws off his protective glove during a game and runs down the floor to brick another 3 before becoming disinterested in the game and admitting defeat. He gets stripped by KG and stands there while everyone else runs to the other end of the court. He misses a shot and yells at the ref while his team is left playing 4-on-5.

These are the sort of things that have totally pissed me off. As for the owner, he didn't say that publicly. Love is the one putting it out there. As for the 5 year deal, realize that it's a new part of the CBA and shouldn't be rushed into as well as that it could be used to get him more help down the road.

AddiX
12-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Buddinger, Shved, Cunningham Stiemsma, all of which are contributing. We had to take a chance on Roy and AK and so far AK has worked out. Love was happy with the offseason. Who cares if hes not, let him walk 3 ****ing years from now. Injuries have killed us so far this season...

oh yeah, that's what love has been waiting for all this time when he asked for help. :facepalm:

Sota4Ever
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Batum?

Aleksandar
12-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Love is being called a drama queen for the way he has been acting lately, not just this article. He complained about the roster before Kahn even had a chance to start on free agency in the way his 3-yr. plan had already envisioned.

He comes back from injury in a surprise appearance and then demands that the offense goes through him despite the team playing fairly well without him and his hand not being 100%. He childishly throws off his protective glove during a game and runs down the floor to brick another 3 before becoming disinterested in the game and admitting defeat. He gets stripped by KG and stands there while everyone else runs to the other end of the court. He misses a shot and yells at the ref while his team is left playing 4-on-5.

These are the sort of things that have totally pissed me off. As for the owner, he didn't say that publicly. Love is the one putting it out there. As for the 5 year deal, realize that it's a new part of the CBA and shouldn't be rushed into as well as that it could be used to get him more help down the road.

I agree with this, Love's attitude is terrible this year.

But he's still our best player, by far.

GunFactor187
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
How sick would this be?

C - B. Lopez
PF - K. Love
SF - G. Wallace
SG - J. Johnson
PG - D. Williams

Sota4Ever
12-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah that works..

gaughan333
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Some of these NBA players are a joke

JDMVP
12-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Laker trade rumors in 3,2,1......

Aleksandar
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
His contract was a boneheaded move by Minnesota's management, I give him that. But he still needs to start acting like a man.

gaughan333
12-11-2012, 10:00 PM
If you have a problem, go talk to your team, not the media

Hawkeye15
12-11-2012, 11:22 PM
New?

seriously. We have been hearing this for how long from the media regarding Love?

Addix, chill the **** out on the Wolves.

Honestly, coming from Wojo, I could care less about this article. Love needs to choose his words much more wisely, but he has been taken out of context plenty of times.

Nothing new here. Love wants the playoffs, or he is out. Which is why I can't understand why Kahn didn't lock him up the extra 2 years.

kenzo400
12-11-2012, 11:26 PM
What is Love complaining about? The team is 9 and 9 in a very hard conference. Did he really expect to be winning championships by now? Plus, what they said it completely right. Love is an amazing player but he has not proven to be a star yet.

topdog
12-11-2012, 11:41 PM
What is Love complaining about? The team is 9 and 9 in a very hard conference. Did he really expect to be winning championships by now? Plus, what they said it completely right. Love is an amazing player but he has not proven to be a star yet.

He's impatient. It's funny looking at old quotes about Love and Kahn mentioning Love's impatience after just his second year.

mjt20mik
12-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Bargnani + Calderon for Love..

I wish :(

Blitzace137
12-11-2012, 11:59 PM
as long as he's still a FA in 2015. I want him in NY in 2015

nycericanguy
12-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Gallo, Faried, Mozgov and Picks for Love.

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Minny ownership is SO stupid!

Love is a franchise player. He's the best young big in the league.

Why don't you give this kid the biggest deal possible? And then go and say he's not a star in public? Phuq these guys.. if I was love I'd be out the door ASAP.

chicagocubsfan
12-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Bulls.

Sota4Ever
12-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Bulls, Knicks, and Lakers. Wonder who Love wants to go to more.

Chronz
12-12-2012, 12:53 AM
His contract was a boneheaded move by Minnesota's management, I give him that. But he still needs to start acting like a man.

How so?

Sota4Ever
12-12-2012, 01:08 AM
I think he is meaning we should have given him the max

Chronz
12-12-2012, 01:09 AM
I think he is meaning we should have given him the max

What makes you guys think they didnt try?

I mean I dislike Kahn as much as the next guy but even I dont think he was that stupid.

iamsteel
12-12-2012, 01:13 AM
He really needs to stop talking to the media, play some D, and win games. That's what leaders do.

Sota4Ever
12-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Truthfully I have no idea what is happening with Kahn and Love. I don't know if Kahn wants to give the franchise to Rubio because he drafted him or what.. Right now there is so many different stories coming out it is hard to keep up.

topdog
12-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Minny ownership is SO stupid!

Love is a franchise player. He's the best young big in the league.

Why don't you give this kid the biggest deal possible? And then go and say he's not a star in public? Phuq these guys.. if I was love I'd be out the door ASAP.

When did that happen?

SINCESTARBURY25
12-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Amare, Copeland, maybe even shump and some picks for Love.

DasBoot
12-12-2012, 01:17 AM

LOL

More like something along the lines of a 3 team swap. I see it possibly happening before the deadline if this whole thing with Howard and LA don't mesh. I could actually see like a mega blockbuster.

LA: Love, Brooks
BKLN: Howard, Kilrenko
MIN: Lopez, Humphries, Wallace, 1 round pick from NJ

Sota4Ever
12-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Love is going no where until his contract is up or almost up.

DasBoot
12-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Love is going no where until his contract is up or almost up.

I'm not a Net fan before you think anything but...

You're telling me you wouldn't consider Love for Lopez, Wallace and Humphries to run with Rubio? You would be A LOT better off than you are now.

TheWhiteMamba
12-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Please come to chicago

Sota4Ever
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM

You're telling me you wouldn't consider Love for Lopez, Wallace and Humphries to run with Rubio? You would be A LOT better off than you are now.

Truthfully probably not. We would have no place for pek, and I don't think wallace can play sg. Also absolutely no to Hump.

nycericanguy
12-12-2012, 09:32 AM

dear god no... quantity doesn't equal quality.

MIN gets an aging declining SF? for what? they have AK47 who is just as good if not better than Wallace and not as injury prone.

Lopez? Again they have Pek who is cheaper, better defensively and not an injury concern.

And Hump is just a throw in.

MIN would not even get ONE piece in that trade that is not injury prone. HORRIBLE trade.

Gallo, Faried, Mozgov & Picks is a MUCH better deal. They get their PF of the future on a cheap contract, and they get their SF of the future in Gallo.

Oefarmy2005
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Some of you guys clearly don't watch Love play. He is immature on and off the court, but I expect his stance to change eventually, whether it will happen in the next 2-3 years or not remains to be seen.

Chill_Will_24
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
How sick would this be?

C - B. Lopez
PF - K. Love
SF - G. Wallace
SG - J. Johnson
PG - D. Williams

:drool:

The Best Around
12-12-2012, 01:37 PM
He will probably leave when he can. They're idiots for not giving him a 5-year deal. He's not an elite player (meaning arguable top 5), but still a great all-star. Pretty disrespectful on their part that James Harden got more years than him.

Wisdom Listens
12-12-2012, 02:00 PM
He will probably leave when he can. They're idiots for not giving him a 5-year deal. He's not an elite player (meaning arguable top 5), but still a great all-star. Pretty disrespectful on their part that James Harden got more years than him.

They are saving that for Rubio, and that is the right move.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-12-2012, 03:45 PM
How sick would this be?

C - B. Lopez
PF - K. Love
SF - G. Wallace
SG - J. Johnson
PG - D. Williams

Would probably have to give up Lopez for Love. I'd think Minnesota would want Lopez and Marshon for him.

Gallo, Faried, Mozgov and Picks for Love.

That's a pretty fair deal.

Amare, Copeland, maybe even shump and some picks for Love.

l-o-l. Kahn can be a bit dumb at times, but he's not a dumbass.

torocan
12-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Nothing surprising at all.

Fans want players who desire to win. Players who desire to win want to be on play off teams. No truly competitive player will stay on a mediocre/losing team forever.

Love probably shouldn't have said anything, but it's common sense. Either give him enough of a supporting cast that the team is competitive, or risk losing him.

As for the 5 year... 5 years for Rubio? Really?

It's a LOT easier to get a PG at/near or better than Rubio's level of play than a player like Kevin Love.

We'll see if Minnesota gets the ship in good enough shape by the time his contract runs out.

topdog
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Nothing surprising at all.

Fans want players who desire to win. Players who desire to win want to be on play off teams. No truly competitive player will stay on a mediocre/losing team forever.

Love probably shouldn't have said anything, but it's common sense. Either give him enough of a supporting cast that the team is competitive, or risk losing him.

As for the 5 year... 5 years for Rubio? Really?

It's a LOT easier to get a PG at/near or better than Rubio's level of play than a player like Kevin Love.

We'll see if Minnesota gets the ship in good enough shape by the time his contract runs out.

We'll see what actually comes of the 5 year deal. Kahn and Taylor have previously refuted that they were saving it for Rubio who has played one team-elevating year in the NBA. It's too early to say he is more replaceable.

The other part of this is that the Wolves had a rebuilding plan in place that acknowledged a couple years would be losing campaigns while the finances and talent were sorted out. If a player really truly wants championships then he must realize that foundations need to be built for sustained success.