PDA

View Full Version : Report: Michael Beasley frustrated in Phoenix about his lack of role

Fresno
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
And here we go again.

The nature of Beasley's role is at the root of the problem. Despite the fact that he was added to take a leading-scorer role, there is a sentiment from some on the team that the Suns are more effective when his role is limited. Apparently coach Alvin Gentry is among those who have that opinion, as he played Beasley just 15 minutes in Sunday's loss to Orlando that was the Suns' eighth straight defeat.

The truly problematic part, according to a person close to the situation who spoke with USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject, is that Beasley is hardly hiding his frustrations with the fact that his role isn't what he thought it would be. Beasley, who has shared his frustrations publicly recently as well, could find himself changing teams for the third time in five seasons if the situation doesn't improve leading up to the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2012/12/11/michael-beasley-the-latest-problem-for-struggling-phoenix-suns/1760089/?

4th team in 5 seasons? Beasley already on journeyman status after showing potential to be an All Star.

DoMeFavors
12-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Detriot for Corey Maggette

Fresno
12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Detriot for Corey Maggette

Detroit already has Prince & Singler at SF.

mightybosstone
12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
If Beasley wants a bigger role, he should start by sucking less. His 9.7 PER and -0.062 WS/48 would make me want to vomit if I were a Suns fan.

Chronz
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I would just be honest with the kid, look boy, we want you to live up to your contract but we also want to win games and please fans.

Johann
12-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Come to Toronto for the Lols

thephoenixson28
12-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Everyone is frustrated at there lack of Role. Beasly and Gortat. I say trade both of them.

Delusional
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Here's a pretty damning stat: When Beasley is not on the floor, the Suns are the NBA's top defensive team and is also nearly 7 points better per 48 minutes offensively. When Beasley is on the floor, the Suns are the NBA's WORST defensive team and is much less efficient on the offensive end.

Beasley blows.

Swashcuff
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Before the season started there were Suns fans who were saying that he would have been a darkhouse for the scoring title, boy o boy were they wrong.

Mitch Kramer
12-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Detroit already has Prince & Singler at SF.

:laugh:

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Great, we have a Bargnani thread and a Beasley thread. So why not have the two traded for each other?

Bargnani + 2nd round pick to PHX for Gortat + Beasley

mightybosstone
12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Great, we have a Bargnani thread and a Beasley thread. So why not have the two traded for each other?

Beasley sucks, but I still wouldn't swap Gortat for Bargs. His defense is more valuable than Bargnani's offense, IMO.

JiffyMix88
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Well he needs to look in the mirror cause they gave him an opportunity and stuck with him even while he was shooting 30 something percent from the field. He'd be on my bench too.

Oefarmy2005
12-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I think he can still be successful under the right coach... But my hope is dwindling fast. Glad the Wolves got rid of him.

Stinkyoutsider
12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I thought this guy would average 18 a game. Picked him for my fantasy team. That was the worst decision of the draft for me...

I know he's playing hurt and doesn't feel comfortable in the offense but there's a reason why he's not getting the ball or minutes. He just isn't producing and now he's frustrated but he needs to focus on getting healthy/better and not worry about minutes. If he performs in practice and then does well in the few minutes he gets, he'll get more.

RipCity32
12-11-2012, 01:51 PM

whats so funny?That Singler is playing SG.

Wisdom Listens
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I am so glad the Wolves don't have to worry about this headcase anymore. Beasley is a cancer.

king4day
12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
His contract is no good. 3 years 6mil. No team will take it unless a bad contract comes back (Tyrus Thomas maybe?)

Beasley has been told to shoot. He's been givin the reign to do what he does best (score) and become the leader. You see flashes of it but between his inconsistency and being part of a team trying to integrate so many new players, he just hasn't found his nitch.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Before the season started there were Suns fans who were saying that he would have been a darkhouse for the scoring title, boy o boy were they wrong.

heard it from Heat fans that he was being used wrong, and then I had to listen to Wolves fans and outsiders (Addix) tell me he was the lead option and our best scorer, and then had to listen to Suns fans tell he this summer that their coaching would get him on the straight path to realizing his potential.

Beasley has never been told no in his life. He had his butt kissed growing up, because he was good at putting a little ball through a hoop. He coasted through games, without effort, because nobody could match his physical size and talent. Same thing at KSU. Well, guess what Mike? In the NBA, there are 200 guys like you. And all of them developed a work ethic, and had to listen to a coach along the way.

Beasley is a prime example of how important a brain is in sports. The dude is a flat out chucker who cares about nothing but his bottom line.

heyman321
12-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Nothing funny about that, Singler is alreayd better than Beasley.

GiantsSwaGG
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Where are the Suns fans that said he would be a hall of famer?

ZHawk1123
12-11-2012, 02:52 PM
I was a huge Beasley supporter when he was in college... So disappointing what he's turned out to be in the league...

eddiev22
12-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm glad the Bulls picked DRose before him

futureman
12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Would LA and Phoenix agree to trade beasley and gortat for gasol? My guess is no.

DoMeFavors
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Where would he go in the 08 redraft?

sep11ie
12-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I bet the Suns wish THEY could get a refund on that contract.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Where would he go in the 08 redraft?

I have 15 guys I would take over him, not counting Pekovic, who fell to 31st because every team knew he was overseas for a couple more seasons.

JasonJohnHorn
12-11-2012, 03:53 PM

I don't get what is so funny... Singler is actually playing fairly well.

mamba24
12-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Beasely and filler for Bargs

JasonJohnHorn
12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Weird... his best FG and 3P%s were in his rookie year... don't players usually get better?

Bravo95
12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
But seriously, who didn't see this coming?

Fresno
12-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Weird... his best FG and 3P%s were in his rookie year... don't players usually get better?

Because Miami(Spoelstra) used him at Power Forward and didn't allow him to coast to the perimeter and isolate for baskets.

Ever since then he's become a poor man's inconsistent Carmelo Anthony.

There is still time as he is only 23. Some guys dont fully reach their potential until later in their careers.

Fresno
12-11-2012, 04:07 PM
But seriously, who didn't see this coming?

I thought Phoenix was a great fit for him to regain his confidence.

Minnesota basically gave up on him last year after he started his career off in Minnesota as their leading scorer over Kevin Love for the first 3 months of the 2010-2011 season.

On Saturday he was abusing Caron Butler & Matt Barnes going for 21/5/4, but he's so inconsistent that you can't keep trusting him to give you those numbers every night. Then he plays 15 minutes last night for 3 points.

topdog
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Everyone is frustrated at there lack of Role. Beasly and Gortat. I say trade both of them.

Actually, it sounded like Gortat was upset about his role because of Beasley i.e. kid is taking 15 shots and missing 70%. Since Gortat's comments, Beasley has played far less when he chucks.

iliketurtles24
12-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Actually, it sounded like Gortat was upset about his role because of Beasley i.e. kid is taking 15 shots and missing 70%. Since Gortat's comments, Beasley has played far less when he chucks.

This is a good thing for the suns...

Stunner
12-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Send him home to Washington , Ariz and Vesely for Beasley and a 2nd round pick.

FriedTofuz
12-11-2012, 04:34 PM

I'll do that trade right now, pretty sure bryan colangelo would too.

AddiX
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
heard it from Heat fans that he was being used wrong, and then I had to listen to Wolves fans and outsiders (Addix) tell me he was the lead option and our best scorer, and then had to listen to Suns fans tell he this summer that their coaching would get him on the straight path to realizing his potential.

Beasley has never been told no in his life. He had his butt kissed growing up, because he was good at putting a little ball through a hoop. He coasted through games, without effort, because nobody could match his physical size and talent. Same thing at KSU. Well, guess what Mike? In the NBA, there are 200 guys like you. And all of them developed a work ethic, and had to listen to a coach along the way.

Beasley is a prime example of how important a brain is in sports. The dude is a flat out chucker who cares about nothing but his bottom line.

Hah thx for the shout out.

But don't try to act like you weren't all over psd talking about how he could lead the NBA in scoring and be a all star. I remember tht quite well, that was the same year you said Darko could also be an all star player.

I still think he was the best scorer on minny, and most talented player. I never said he wasn't dumb as nails though.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Hah thx for the shout out.

But don't try to act like you weren't all over psd talking about how he could lead the NBA in scoring and be a all star. I remember tht quite well, that was the same year you said Darko could also be an all star player.

I still think he was the best scorer on minny, and most talented player. I never said he wasn't dumb as nails though.

find those quotes please. I was hard on him in Miami, and outside his first 20 games or so a couple years ago, I never saw all star potential in him. You are obviously confusing me with another poster, Beasley has done nothing but piss me off since he came into the league. Total waste of talent. His first year seemed sort of promising, and then he just regressed by the day.

Darko an all star? Seriously? You are making crap up.

And no, he was never the best scorer on the Wolves. Don't confuse talent with being able to jump high and run fast.

AddiX
12-11-2012, 05:22 PM
find those quotes please. I was hard on him in Miami, and outside his first 20 games or so a couple years ago, I never saw all star potential in him. You are obviously confusing me with another poster, Beasley has done nothing but piss me off since he came into the league. Total waste of talent. His first year seemed sort of promising, and then he just regressed by the day.

Darko an all star? Seriously? You are making crap up.

And no, he was never the best scorer on the Wolves. Don't confuse talent with being able to jump high and run fast.

I'm not making it up.

Darko started the year playing decent, and your exact words was that since there were so few all stars centers Darko coud be one.

And Beasley was averging over 20 at the time, you said on Minnesota there was no reason he can't lead the NBA in scoring and make all stars.

You were in full homer mode.

I'm not going back years through all those posts to pull up quotes. If there was a easy way to do I def would though. But i def remember you saying those things.

Pluvious
12-11-2012, 05:45 PM

Phoenix might have the worst roster in the league and no go-to guy at all. Even Dragic has been pretty poor in recent games...and Beasley still can't be a positive factor on the team. He is a terrible player.

Aleksandar
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I keep saying this, he already had a 20ppg season with Minnesota, and we had 17 wins!

Even if he wasn't playing this bad, Phoenix would still suck.

Duncan = Donkey
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
i hope we keep him, that way we should lock up a top 3 pick.

Aleksandar
12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
i hope we keep him, that way we should lock up a top 3 pick.

haha positive attitude!

Deception
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM

I don't see what's funny? Singler has been a solid 2nd rounder, ranked as the 7th rookie on ESPN

Robbw241
12-11-2012, 09:59 PM
He was filthy in college too. Him and Derrick Williams man.

SeoulBeatz
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Here's a pretty damning stat: When Beasley is not on the floor, the Suns are the NBA's top defensive team and is also nearly 7 points better per 48 minutes offensively. When Beasley is on the floor, the Suns are the NBA's WORST defensive team and is much less efficient on the offensive end.

Beasley blows.

Do u have stats to back that up, because if true, that's pretty damn awful

GiantsSwaGG
12-11-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't see what's funny? Singler has been a solid 2nd rounder, ranked as the 7th rookie on ESPN

Gram dupe?

gaughan333
12-11-2012, 10:08 PM
To think people wanted him over rose

Deception
12-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Gram dupe?

Nope, check post count and date registered. I just copied his avatar and messed with him, before he was banned

GiantsSwaGG
12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Nope, check post count and date registered. I just copied his avatar and messed with him, before he was banned

oh ok

GiantsSwaGG
12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
To think people wanted him over rose

Just imagine where the Bulls would be if they drafted him

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Bargnani and Ross for Gortat and Beasley.

effen5
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Radmanovic for beasley

PurpleJesus
12-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Why would he be upset with his role? He was given the starting position at the beginning of the season, and they stuck with him as the starter. Meanwhile, he was playing terribly, shooting lower than 38% from the field, and do nothing for his teammates. His play has pushed him to a diminished role.

And in the two games he has not started, he is playing quite a bit better.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Ill give you White for Beasley

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm not making it up.

yes, you are

Darko started the year playing decent, and your exact words was that since there were so few all stars centers Darko coud be one.

I never alluded to Darko being an all star, I simply defended the contract early, seeing as players at 7' with a pulse get paid.

And Beasley was averging over 20 at the time, you said on Minnesota there was no reason he can't lead the NBA in scoring and make all stars.

find me that quote please.

I'm not going back years through all those posts to pull up quotes. If there was a easy way to do I def would though. But i def remember you saying those things.

You are obviously confusing me with the other 14 Wolves fans here. Never was a big Beas fan. He had a nice 20 game run to begin the 09-10' season, and then turned into Beasley.

raiderposting
12-12-2012, 01:50 AM
lakers will get him for duhon and a future first lol

AddiX
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Those arent things someone says, that you forget about. It was def you. And Im not searching through that many posts, just to find some quotes.

It's not that big a deal to me anyway. I remember quite clearly it was you.

And I agree w purplejesus, WTF is Beasley complaining about?

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Those arent things someone says, that you forget about. It was def you. And Im not searching through that many posts, just to find some quotes.

It's not that big a deal to me anyway. I remember quite clearly it was you.

And I agree w purplejesus, WTF is Beasley complaining about?

search away. I was crapping on Beasley from the get-go. The mere fact you thought he was our best scorer led me to understand you really don't understand this sport. No offense, though I would take it as such, as I expect you will...

AddiX
12-12-2012, 02:12 AM
search away. I was crapping on Beasley from the get-go. The mere fact you thought he was our best scorer led me to understand you really don't understand this sport. No offense, though I would take it as such, as I expect you will...

Who is your best scorers?

Love? Who can only hit open threes and put backs?

Give me a break, last time I watched you guys your own team didn't even run any plays for him! You act like you guys run iso, or give him the ball and he goes to work.

If he's not hitting a open three, or a put back, he doesn't score anything.

Love shooting off the dribble is a freaking atrocity.

PurpleJesus
12-12-2012, 02:18 AM

Give me a break, last time I watched you guys your own team didn't even run any plays for him! You act like you guys run iso, or give him the ball and he goes to work.

According to basketball reference, Love only had 68 tip shots on the season. He scored almost as many points on dunks, as he did on put backs, he also scored almost as many points on hookshots, as he did on put backs. He scored the majority of his points on non 3 points jump shots.

PurpleJesus
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM

Further more, take away two of Loves most efficient skills of his offensive game...shooting 3s, and putbacks, and he is still averaging 18.8 points per game last season...quite a bit of points for a guy who you claim doesnt score anything if you take away his put backs or three point shot...which again, are two of his best offensive skills.

AddiX
12-12-2012, 02:24 AM
According to basketball reference, Love only had 68 tip shots on the season. He scored almost as many points on dunks, as he did on put backs, he also scored almost as many points on hookshots, as he did on put backs. He scored the majority of his points on non 3 points jump shots.

Put backs, shots around the rim, free throws, and wide,open threes. There, you happy?

I watched him Vs clip, minny did not run any plays for him. And the 2nd half I don't he scored 1 field goal. I'm nit making this up, I watched w my own eyes, his own team, run 0 offensive plays to him.

Love is a heck of a rebounder, and a good opportunist scorer. But he's not by any means a go to scorer. He has 0 moves, 0 ability to take a game over offensively.

T

Bravo95
12-12-2012, 02:25 AM
He was filthy in college too. Him and Derrick Williams man.
Yup, curse of the tweeners or something. Never really been a Beasley fan, but I liked Derrick's skills set in college. He seemed to play more under control (and extra credit for beasting on Duke in the tourney his final year).

Bravo95
12-12-2012, 02:25 AM
I thought Phoenix was a great fit for him to regain his confidence.

Minnesota basically gave up on him last year after he started his career off in Minnesota as their leading scorer over Kevin Love for the first 3 months of the 2010-2011 season.

On Saturday he was abusing Caron Butler & Matt Barnes going for 21/5/4, but he's so inconsistent that you can't keep trusting him to give you those numbers every night. Then he plays 15 minutes last night for 3 points.
That inconsistency has killed him. People keep betting that he'll put it all together.

PurpleJesus
12-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Put backs, shots around the rim, free throws, and wide,open threes. There, you happy?

I watched him Vs clip, minny did not run any plays for him. And the 2nd half I don't he scored 1 field goal. I'm nit making this up, I watched w my own eyes, his own team, run 0 offensive plays to him.

Love is a heck of a rebounder, and a good opportunist scorer. But he's not by any means a go to scorer. He has 0 moves, 0 ability to take a game over offensively.

T

thats a **** ton of ways to score...why would you say otherwise?

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 02:31 AM

yeah, its Love. The dude who averaged 26 a night on elite efficiency. If you don't think he scores sexy enough, by all means, sorry dude.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 02:32 AM
If you don't think the Wolves ran the offense THRU Love last year, you didn't watch them. That simple.

AddiX
12-12-2012, 02:54 AM
If you don't think the Wolves ran the offense THRU Love last year, you didn't watch them. That simple.

I did watch, I also watched as games got close in the 4th quarter you guys manage to lose all of them.

Is there a team in the nba that has lost more close games the last 3 seasons than the wolves? Surely you guys won't disagree w me about that.

Maybe there's a reason for that?

AddiX
12-12-2012, 02:57 AM
In a close game in the 4th quarter, your not getting wide open shots, passing lanes close up, and it's hard to get the ball inside, open threes only exist if someone is double teamed.

This when you need go to scorers. Guys you can hand the ball to anywhere on the court. Love is not one of those guys.

Go re watch minnys game Vs clip, they didn't run a play to love the entire second half. There's a reason for that.

NokomisLiving
12-12-2012, 03:05 AM
In a close game in the 4th quarter, your not getting wide open shots, passing lanes close up, and it's hard to get the ball inside, open threes only exist if someone is double teamed.

This when you need go to scorers. Guys you can hand the ball to anywhere on the court. Love is not one of those guys.

Go re watch minnys game Vs clip, they didn't run a play to love the entire second half. There's a reason for that.

Well there is this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoLS0t6wzcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymk9UhiNP60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqmS4bwgoMk

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 03:15 AM

Love

Totally. And draws fouls like a machine, hit free throws, step back jumpers, and is unstoppable in the paint.

The last time you watched us was 3 years ago then.

Totally. No way you can average 26 a night if you aren't a garbage man.....

Producing fouls, FT's, and layups off the dribble is indeed the adjective you described....

PurpleJesus
12-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Well there is this....

There is no point with this guy...to him, Beasley is more reliable than Love on offense.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 03:16 AM
I did watch, I also watched as games got close in the 4th quarter you guys manage to lose all of them.

Is there a team in the nba that has lost more close games the last 3 seasons than the wolves? Surely you guys won't disagree w me about that.

Maybe there's a reason for that?

I simply dont believe you. I not only understand stats, I watch all the Wolves games. You have zip idea what you are talking about.

How did the Sixers do in close games last year? Do you even know how to quantify your statements?

AddiX
12-12-2012, 03:27 AM
I simply dont believe you. I not only understand stats, I watch all the Wolves games. You have zip idea what you are talking about.

How did the Sixers do in close games last year? Do you even know how to quantify your statements?

Who cares about the sixers?

You guys lose more close games than anyone I've ever seen.

Do the sixers lose more? Good for them! Who fcking cares?

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Who cares about the sixers?

You guys lose more close games than anyone I've ever seen.

false

Do the sixers lose more? Good for them! Who fcking cares?

get over your Wolves hating agenda. Whether you think its there or not, its obvious. Love is a top 10 player, regardless of your opinion.

AddiX
12-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Well there is this....

Well that settles it! You found 3 highlights! 1 of a wide open three, 1 of free throws, one of a legit shot.

Damn love is such a great go to scorer! Why didn't I check YouTube?

Enjoy losing games down the stretch. Even your own gm doesn't call him a superstar!:clap:

Go re watch his last game Vs the clip, they don't run one play to him. And when they finally do down the stretch, he almost turns the ball over.

Face it, he's trash when he tries to create.

AddiX
12-12-2012, 03:36 AM
false

get over your Wolves hating agenda. Whether you think its there or not, its obvious. Love is a top 10 player, regardless of your opinion.

It's not an agenda, I don't agree with any of there moves or that love is a star. When they prove me wrong I'll gladly admit it.

I hated mike d from the day he got to ny, promised he would be awful in la. It's not an agenda, it's true.

Same with the wolves. I watched live closely Vs the clip, trying to allow him to prove me wrong, all he did was prove me right. Not my fault.

NokomisLiving
12-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Well that settles it! You found 3 highlights! 1 of a wide open three, 1 of free throws, one of a legit shot.

Damn love is such a great go to scorer! Why didn't I check YouTube?

Enjoy losing games down the stretch. Even your own gm doesn't call him a superstar!:clap:

Go re watch his last game Vs the clip, they don't run one play to him. And when they finally do down the stretch, he almost turns the ball over.

Face it, he's trash when he tries to create.

:laugh2:

Did I hit a sore spot? Haha, you must really hate the Wolves!

I was just pointing out that he had some cold blood in him last year, and that he isn't completely inept like you make him out to be.

No need to get the panties in a bunch. :D

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 03:47 AM
It's not an agenda, I don't agree with any of there moves or that love is a star. When they prove me wrong I'll gladly admit it.

I hated mike d from the day he got to ny, promised he would be awful in la. It's not an agenda, it's true.

Same with the wolves. I watched live closely Vs the clip, trying to allow him to prove me wrong, all he did was prove me right. Not my fault.

well, it is an agenda, sorry. And your claims that they lost more close games then any team around is flat out false.

You continue to hate Love with zip context. And that is fine, I don't care.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Addix, would you trade Love for Melo?

AddiX
12-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Would I trade melo for the guy who warmed The bench for him on the dream team...

No...

AddiX
12-12-2012, 04:00 AM
well, it is an agenda, sorry. And your claims that they lost more close games then any team around is flat out false.

You continue to hate Love with zip context. And that is fine, I don't care.

Maybe it's a slight exaggeration, but over the last few years it sure as hell seems like minny has lost a heck of a lot of close games.

cvietti23
12-12-2012, 04:02 AM
How bout this? Tyreke, JT, and Isaiah Thomas for Beasley, Gortat, Brown and W. Johnson?
Suns starters: Dragic, Tyreke, Dudley, Scola, JT
Kings starters: Brooks, Salmons, Beasley, Cousins, Gortat

seanbond
12-12-2012, 04:18 AM
bring him to milwaukee... we need a post player...