PDA

View Full Version : GSW 14-7, Mark Jackson Early COY Candidate?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 11:18 PM
They've been playing some really solid basketball, looks like they're playing the way Mark Jackson envisioned. Their 2 best players Steph Curry and David Lee are looking great so far. Klay Thompson is on his way to being a stud. The addition of Jarrett Jack was a very key and underrated move for them over the summer.

What do you think of them?

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
For sure, love there team, I called them being a 6-8 seed before the year so its not really a suprise to me.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 11:24 PM
For sure, love there team, I called them being a 6-8 seed before the year so its not really a suprise to me.

Imagine how dangerous they'd be with a healthy Bogut.

HeaTxRipZz
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Wow I had no clue they were playing that well. Mark is doing a great job over there and hope it continues. If Bogut can get healthy they will be dangerous because it'll give David Lee a legit shot blocker next to him down low

Chronz
12-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I want to say I called it but without Bogut I really didn't, I wasn't expecting this good of a start.

dhopisthename
12-10-2012, 11:43 PM
carl landry has been huge for them

Guppyfighter
12-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Look at the Warriors true rebounding rate.

Look at their roster.

Look at that rate.

Amazing job. That's coaching.

Anji
12-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Hell yeah, last time the Warriors were in the playoffs picture I think Bush was president.

I would throw the Hawks coach in there too, better record than Brooklyn at about a of 10th the hype!

TeamSeattle
One of the best transition teams in the league. Have a very nice backcourt to go along with a decent front-court who is still awaiting the arrival of Bogut. If they finish a 3-5 seed he has a shot, maybe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Klay Thompson, the 3rd best player from the Bahamas after his pops Mychal and the sexy Rick Fox. :drool:

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 11:46 PM
If Bogut comes back pre-injury form they are a championship contending team

dhopisthename
12-10-2012, 11:49 PM
what is interesting is that their win differential is only 1 which means they should be wrose then their record. question is do continue to win and get that up or do they return to earth

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Klay Thompson, the 3rd best player from the Bahamas after his pops Mychal and the sexy Rick Fox. :drool:

you from the bahamas?

Guppyfighter
12-10-2012, 11:52 PM
what is interesting is that their win differential is only 1 which means they should be wrose then their record. question is do continue to win and get that up or do they return to earth

Simple rating system predicted it would go up due to the tough part of the season.

It was at -.6 a week ago and it only has gone up since then with the easier schedule.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 11:52 PM

But the fact that they're able to pull out close wins here and there at such an early junction of the season shows the maturity of this young team.

bholly
12-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I want to say I called it but without Bogut I really didn't, I wasn't expecting this good of a start.

This. Thought they could be pretty good, but didn't quite expect this record.

I'm not sold on Jackson as a coach yet, but I'm pretty happy saying moving Monta was a huge addition by subtraction, which many of us thought it could be.

dhopisthename
12-11-2012, 12:01 AM
But the fact that they're able to pull out close wins here and there at such an early junction of the season shows the maturity of this young team.

it can also be luck though. I haven't studied the warriors to know which is which. They seem to be top 15 in both offense and defensive efficiency so they are probably legit

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 12:03 AM
you from the bahamas?

Distant uncle and cousins.

mjt20mik
12-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Hands down yes. Curry and Lee have been phenomenal

Mishmin
12-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Nice team, but Jackson doesn't hold a chance next to guys like Pop

HOZ THE KNICK
12-11-2012, 12:28 AM
mark jackson is a hell of a coach i knew he would turn them around

GSRaider
12-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Imagine how dangerous they'd be with a healthy Bogut.

This... A healthy Bogut = Warriors best, second best player... It's really amazing that they're playing this well without Bogut, with rookies starting at SF and Center and losing their sixth man in Rush...

The Warriors still have a lot to prove but they are young, dangerous and improving.

asandhu23
12-11-2012, 12:40 AM
I am not sold on Jackson so no.

Monta is beast
12-11-2012, 12:52 AM
If Bogut comes back pre-injury we could be a championship contending team. But imagine in 2 or 3 years when Barnes, Thompson, & Curry all entire their primes. That's a scary thought.

Mayweather&NYK
12-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Yea definitely a surprise team, great job by MJ.... Harrison Barnes will be come a franchise player

Mr. Baller
12-11-2012, 12:55 AM
I was 1 year too early on my Marc Jackson for Coach of the Year Campaign.

Cracka2HI!
12-11-2012, 12:55 AM
About time we have Dubs thread in the NBA forum. This is a team we should be talking about. They look tough. Jackson is a coach of the year candidate for sure if they keep it up. I always wanted the Clippers to hire him.

sfattahian
12-11-2012, 01:00 AM
yes. amazing job by MJ. has turned warriors into a good defensive and rebounding team with similar roster. Just based on that he should win it.

the key has been the 3 rookies and 2 veterens off the bench.

Jack and especially Landry have been productive and give the warriors toughness.

Draymon Green has been a great glue guy, barnes has shown great flashes and ezeli has put his weight around well.

If we had rush and bogut, we'd be a lock for the playoffs. Without those two, I expect us to come back down to earth, but I hope not.

I'd take an 8 seed right now though, we need to make the playoffs after such a start.

tredigs
12-11-2012, 01:16 AM
yes. amazing job by MJ. has turned warriors into a good defensive and rebounding team with similar roster. Just based on that he should win it.

the key has been the 3 rookies and 2 veterens off the bench.

Jack and especially Landry have been productive and give the warriors toughness.

Draymon Green has been a great glue guy, barnes has shown great flashes and ezeli has put his weight around well.

If we had rush and bogut, we'd be a lock for the playoffs. Without those two, I expect us to come back down to earth, but I hope not.

I'd take an 8 seed right now though, we need to make the playoffs after such a start.

This, except of course you're leaving out the fact that Curry has been phenomenal and Lee is as good as he's ever been (which is not a great player, but still a good help offensively and on the glass).

Better start than expected without Bogut, and it's huge for them not to have to rush him back (like they did just to have him for the opener and paid for it).

GSRaider
12-11-2012, 01:16 AM
If Bogut comes back pre-injury we could be a championship contending team. But imagine in 2 or 3 years when Barnes, Thompson, & Curry all entire their primes. That's a scary thought.

Championship contender? This year? No... A couple of solid drafts, maybe an upgrade(s) to the roster thru free agency and the growth of our young guns and we'll be in the hunt... The Warriors also must add a legit superstar. It's nearly impossible to win a ring without a superstar in this sport... Curry or Barnes could develop into THAT guy...

But I do agree that in a couple years, when are younger guys develop and improve, we'll be a scary squad...

On another note... Damn it hurts to have lost Rush for the season and possibly Bogut... Warriors would've been deep with those guys...

BKLYNpigeon
12-11-2012, 01:26 AM
They are playing surprising well, 4-0 so far on this road trip.

the Warriors Drafted really well in the last 2 years. the 3 guys they drafted this year, Barnes, Ezili, and Green are all getting solid minutes and contributing to the team.

BKLYNpigeon
12-11-2012, 01:27 AM
A good test for them would be on Wednesday against the Heat.

obie
12-11-2012, 01:39 AM
really excited seeing how they're playing. i had a strong feeling Mark Jackson would get this team where it needed just by seeing how he had the whack roster last year playing beyond its potential, at times. hopefully we'll be fighting for top 5 seeds in a few years rather than the last spot

obie
12-11-2012, 01:40 AM
A good test for them would be on Wednesday against the Heat.

most def. curious what defensive game plan couch comes up with

RonE Coleman
12-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Mike Woodson.

king4day
12-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Nice team, but Jackson doesn't hold a chance next to guys like Pop

His biggest competition will be Hollins and Woodson so far. Pops won't get it since it's the same old story with him. It doesn't mean he won't deserve it, but the voters look for 'new'.

Chronz
12-11-2012, 02:25 AM

Nah it really doesn't

lol, please
12-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Still early, but we will see. Hopefully the league keeps sleeping on the Dubs.

Chronz
12-11-2012, 02:27 AM

This. Thought they could be pretty good, but didn't quite expect this record.

I'm not sold on Jackson as a coach yet, but I'm pretty happy saying moving Monta was a huge addition by subtraction, which many of us thought it could be.
Yeah those Monta skeptics are looking brilliant right now

Bowman53
12-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Not going to give Jackson too much praise because I'm not sure how he would fare without Mike Malone. Malone designs all of the plays offensively/defensively during timeouts.

Faneik
12-11-2012, 06:53 AM

You go, girl !

TrueFan420
12-11-2012, 09:07 AM
i wouldnt get too carried away... were very young and missing two very key players in bogut and rush. we still need to learn to beat the teams we are clearly better than at home and on the road. this trip has been great but its still early in the season.

the most important thing for the dubs this year is to make it to the playoffs to one get much needed experience for the young players and two to gain rep with the league/ free agents. we need one all star. we need to get healthy and learn to grind out tough wins. this much i know tho the future looks bright for once.

rpgmaster86
12-11-2012, 09:28 AM
He might be runner up with avery johnson but the winner of COY is unquestionably mike woodson

cleptopot
12-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Mike Woodson.

todu82
12-11-2012, 10:00 AM
He'd be my choice as well. Good to see that team doing so well.

king4day
12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Nah it really doesn't

How doesn't it show maturity? It's usually the veteran teams that know how to close games out. They aren't lucky. This team is growing.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I think the favorite at this point would be Woodson. Given where everyone said the Knicks would be vs where they are, he is definitely the favorite.

Mark Jackson is no slouch though. GSW are playing great ball, and he's a big reason for that. Always liked Mark Jackson. If Woodson cant win it, Jackson would be my first choice.

Chronz
12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
How doesn't it show maturity? It's usually the veteran teams that know how to close games out. They aren't lucky. This team is growing.

What do you mean "usually"? You say that as if you have some sort of definitive proof. Have you even seen the numbers on the consistency of clutch wins? The data doesnt support your opinion.

It could be random, it could be growth either way its most likely an inconsistent aspect and most importantly, not as relevant as playing with high efficiency all game long. Im not going to believe the Warriors are hella clutch when I have a hard time believing any team is consistently clutch. There are a few that make me think twice, but they are the exceptions that prove the rule to me.

lol, please
12-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I think the favorite at this point would be Woodson. Given where everyone said the Knicks would be vs where they are, he is definitely the favorite.

Mark Jackson is no slouch though. GSW are playing great ball, and he's a big reason for that. Always liked Mark Jackson. If Woodson cant win it, Jackson would be my first choice.

:clap:

b@llhog24
12-11-2012, 08:48 PM

Eric Gordon is apparently from here as well.

b@llhog24
12-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Distant uncle and cousins.

Last name? Island?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
What do you mean "usually"? You say that as if you have some sort of definitive proof. Have you even seen the numbers on the consistency of clutch wins? The data doesnt support your opinion.

OMG, Holy Crap dude, I can't believe you're actually reverting to statistical data for this crap too. I mean give it a rest.

You mean to tell me that if a ball deflection, making the offensive player dribble into the teeth of the defense and closing down open driving or passing lanes, wasting game clock time etc. don't all show up in the stat sheet, it's meaningless?

Some clutch wins at the end can come with due to those little intangibles that don't show up on the stat sheets. You can't solely use statistical data to prove if someone is clutch or not. You look at intangibles.

You don't watch the games dude. This proves it right here.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Last name? Island?

Nessau or something?

Last name is Johnson, not sure it's of Bahama origin lol.

b@llhog24
12-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Nessau or something?

Last name is Johnson, not sure it's of Bahama origin lol.

Nassau, and yea Johnsons' are of Bahamian decent (at least to my knowledge). Regardless pretty cool to have a fellow Bahamian (in whichever capacity that you are) on these boards. :cheers:

leafswin2011
12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
absolutly he should be considered.They are also missing there second best player and a top 8 center in the league.

Guppyfighter
12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
absolutly he should be considered.They are also missing there second best player and a top 8 center in the league.

He is better than top eight when he played his best season. Easy top two.

lol, please
12-11-2012, 09:14 PM

A thousand times this.

LakersA's49ers
12-11-2012, 09:15 PM
only reason the dubs went 23-43 last year was due to tankgate. They were a much better team than that

AlexStr
12-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Check out the Warriors 11 games following New Years...brutal.

Wed, Jan 2 vs LA Clippers
Sat, Jan 5 @ LA Clippers
Wed, Jan 9 vs Memphis
Fri, Jan 11 vs Portland
Sun, Jan 13 @ Denver
Wed, Jan 16 vs Miami
Fri, Jan 18 @ San Antonio
Sat, Jan 19 @ New Orleans
Mon, Jan 21 vs LA Clippers
Wed, Jan 23 vs Oklahoma City
Fri, Jan 25 @ Chicago

We've done amazing so far, and if we can pull of a 7-4 or 6-5 record I'm ready to say we're legit.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2012, 03:19 AM
why not?

el hidalgo
12-12-2012, 03:37 AM
OMG, Holy Crap dude, I can't believe you're actually reverting to statistical data for this crap too. I mean give it a rest.

You mean to tell me that if a ball deflection, making the offensive player dribble into the teeth of the defense and closing down open driving or passing lanes, wasting game clock time etc. don't all show up in the stat sheet, it's meaningless?

Some clutch wins at the end can come with due to those little intangibles that don't show up on the stat sheets. You can't solely use statistical data to prove if someone is clutch or not. You look at intangibles.

right bro. the stat is probably something along the lines of "win percentage with the game within 5 points in the last 3 minutes" and you and the kobe homers would still discredit it for being complicated stat nerd garbage. maybe you should research or request the stats he is using before you knock it.

Chronz
12-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Give what a rest? I laughed at the notion that there is some sort of proof to any of these statements. Why wouldnt I rely on facts aside from opinion you have yet to substantiate.

No, show me where I said that.

But a clutch win does show up on the stat sheet. It counts as a win doesnt it?

You sound like a child. Dont hate on me because the stats back up my opinion when your left with nothing but your own flawed eyes.

Seriously, whats more believable, that I dont watch games (as easy as it is to watch a ****ing game) or that you dont study the game? Hmmm.....

lol, please
12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
right bro. the stat is probably something along the lines of "win percentage with the game within 5 points in the last 3 minutes" and you and the kobe homers would still discredit it for being complicated stat nerd garbage. maybe you should research or request the stats he is using before you knock it.

Give what a rest? I laughed at the notion that there is some sort of proof to any of these statements. Why wouldnt I rely on facts aside from opinion you have yet to substantiate.

You sound like a child. Dont hate on me because the stats back up my opinion when your left with nothing but your own flawed eyes.

Seriously, whats more believable, that I dont watch games (as easy as it is to watch a ****ing game) or that you dont study the game? Hmmm.....

Heediot
12-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Hell yeah, last time the Warriors were in the playoffs picture I think Bush was president.

I would throw the Hawks coach in there too, better record than Brooklyn at about a of 10th the hype!

how old are you 12? that's only 4-5 years ago.

D-Leethal
12-12-2012, 02:16 PM
how old are you 12? that's only 4-5 years ago.

Bush was President until 2008. Anji was right. They last made the playoffs in 2007. Bush was indeed the President.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Close win for a young team on the road over the defending champs.

#Maturity

popo85
12-12-2012, 11:25 PM
yes has this young team playing great

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2012, 11:40 PM
who cares. im more concerned about making the playoffs.

Chronz
12-13-2012, 12:00 AM

Nothing? OK then

lol, please
12-13-2012, 12:52 AM
who cares. im more concerned about making the playoffs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Nothing? OK then

Responding to yourself.

llullz u mad brah? :laugh2:

MackShock
12-13-2012, 02:23 AM
i can see MJ getting it if we make the playoffs. even more so if we make it to the 2nd round, even though that shouldnt matter..but of which im sure plays a factor in the decision.

Celtics33
12-13-2012, 02:44 AM
I'd say he's definitely in the running this early on in the season for COY.

kyubi256
12-13-2012, 02:45 AM
candidate yes but I have to say that if the season ended today, no way Woodson doesn't get it

Chronz
12-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Responding to yourself.

it got a rise out of you didnt it

seriously, as clutch as they have been, its awfully hard to keep winning at a rate above your efficiency levels. They are the anti Lakers right now.

raiderposting
12-13-2012, 03:06 AM
curry living up to his potential this year. Impressive how they beat the heat even when he took just 10 shots and put up just 9 points. if bogut comes back 100 percent healthy can the Ws be a dark horse and have another "we believe" type of postseason. maybe, just maybe.

TeamSeattle
12-13-2012, 03:21 AM
I still can't get over how excellent the Warriors were implementing the trapping zone on the Heat. It slowed down the Heat's penetrating game tremendously. Mark Jackson is great at finding weaknesses and different nuances to win.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2012, 03:30 AM
it got a rise out of you didnt it

seriously, as clutch as they have been, its awfully hard to keep winning at a rate above your efficiency levels. They are the anti Lakers right now.

:sigh: :sad2: Thanks for reminding me Chronz.

Man the Lakers are god awful right now. :facepalm: :pity:

el hidalgo
12-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Responding to yourself.

this post has fail and defeat written all over it. not saying im surprised, though.

Sadds The Gr8
12-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Nice to see them winning games, but I have a bad feeling the injuries will kick in. Just always seems to happen with them

ESaady
12-13-2012, 07:39 AM
As a Warriors fan who has been loyal to the team for years, this feels good and although beggars can't be choosers...I WANT MOAR.

kdspurman
12-13-2012, 11:06 AM
He's got my vote for COY at this point

LongIslandIcedZ
12-13-2012, 11:08 AM
It would be interesting.

They dont do Coach of the East/West right, because then it would be easy (at this point at least)

I dont know how you can justify not giving it to Woodson at this point. Jackson is an excellent coach though, and its good to see him succeed.

Chronz
12-13-2012, 11:17 AM
:sigh: :sad2: Thanks for reminding me Chronz.

Man the Lakers are god awful right now. :facepalm: :pity:

This is where you should find comfort in the numbers, the Lakers and Warriors arent that different. If the season were over and the 2 teams were facing off, I would pick the Lakers and my pick would be statistically sound. Ive won several bets on the illusions that come with a superior record but inferior efficiency levels.

likemystylez
12-13-2012, 12:58 PM

I would argue that this means they are winning a lot of games in the last 2 minutes of the game. You would have to credit the coaching staff with that. ALso- The warriors work the clock so 90% of the time they get 2 for 1 at the end of quarters and games. (They did last night and it paid off well. They actually got 2 good looks- Lee missed one though)

likemystylez
12-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Nice to see them winning games, but I have a bad feeling the injuries will kick in. Just always seems to happen with them

it kind of already has kicked in. Bogut is out indefinitely, B rush is out for the season. Thats two of their top 6 or 7 players.

mightybosstone
12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
No matter how you look at it, the Warriors are a team on the rise. They finally made some smart decisions over the last year by dealing Ellis (easily one of the most overrated players in the NBA), drafting Klay Thompson, adding Carl Landry and bringing in Jackson to teach them how to play defense. I haven't seen them play yet this season, but I watched them a couple of times last year and I was impressed how much better they looked defensively than in previous seasons.

The fact that they're doing this right now without Bogut speaks volumes about how much young talent they have on this roster. Now if Curry can stay relatively healthy for next 5-10 years, the Warriors could legitimately become a team to reckon with in the West.