PDA

View Full Version : Mike Brown Was Better.

StarvingKnick22
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Mike Brown was a much better and fitting coach for the Lakers. He had more control over them, while D'Antoni just lets them play. I know Nash isn't back but come on! Blake-Kobe-MWP-Gasol-Howard. How are you going to lose with that? But unfortunately, its unethical for them to fire again, but if there are no NBA laws against in I wouldn't be surprised. I still can't believe that the Lakers listen to everything Kobe says when he can't leave for another 3 years, though I doubt he ever will. I think they would have had a better record if they kept Brown. I'm assuming this is what he is doing at home: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6MeZ8nxwnjQ/ULevQiBblGI/AAAAAAABM4w/efPcoxppotY/s320/Psych-popcorn.gif

koreancabbage
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
we don't know how Nash will be like with D'Antoni. just wait till Nash gets back, which should be a few games and lets see what will happen.

MackShock
12-10-2012, 07:27 PM
i dont get how anyone thought D'Antoni would be a disciplined coach. He has a freerange offense. When he coached the Suns, his only offensive set was ISO with Nash

lakers4sho
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM
no mike brown isn't better

different coach same problem

and blake is out too in case you didn't know

so we're starting our 3rd string PG and his backup is a fringe D-league player

HYFR
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
D'antoni would be a great coach in the Rucker league.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Bring Back Mike Brown!!!

AddiX
12-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Why do ppl keep trying yo bring up Nash, the mother fcker bumped into a guy and broke his damn leg. How long do you expect until his next injury? same thing happened with Chauncey. He doesnt last more than a week the last few years.

Lakers better trade for a pg now, or there in trouble. I don't know shabbily missed while mike was in ny, that makes them think differently.

LakersKB24
12-10-2012, 07:40 PM

Like Blake would make ANY difference. That's not an excuse. And thw whole "wait until Nash comes back" also bores me, because with or without Nash, a team featuring Kobe Bryant and Dwight ****ing Howard shouldn't be struggling to get to .500.
Where's D'Antoni's system anyway? Where are Dwight Howard PnRs? No screens from Dwight, only post ups. Don't tell me Kobe doesn't know how to handle the ball on a PnR... We have all the tools, but nobody knows how to use them. Except for Bernie Bickerstaff!

lakers4sho
12-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Like Blake would make ANY difference. That's not an excuse. And thw whole "wait until Nash comes back" also bores me, because with or without Nash, a team featuring Kobe Bryant and Dwight ****ing Howard shouldn't be struggling to get to .500.
Where's D'Antoni's system anyway? Where are Dwight Howard PnRs? No screens from Dwight, only post ups. Don't tell me Kobe doesn't know how to handle the ball on a PnR... We have all the tools, but nobody knows how to use them. Except for Bernie Bickerstaff!

I'm not using that as an excuse, just correcting the OP.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
:laugh: troll at it again. Mike Brown was not better.

CubsBullsBucs
12-10-2012, 07:52 PM
i would take brown over dantoni. i hate his creepy grin, his mustache, he doesnt care about his defense, and always sits guys who dont deserve to sit. We didnt know how good Brown wouldve been with Nash either, so stop using that as an excuse for dantoni. shouldve let Phil take the job. I liked the Lakers but they deserve this for even hiring dantoni.

Max.This
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Steve nash made Dantoni look good in phoenix. Even though I dont hate the guy, the only thing he did was let steve nash run whatever he wanted.

StarvingKnick22
12-10-2012, 08:07 PM
:laugh: troll at it again. Mike Brown was not better.

:confused: Have you not noticed the majority agreeing with me?

Bulls_fan90
12-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Knicks fans should be banned from making threads in the NBA forum.

Lakers + Giants
12-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Bernie>Mike D and Mike B

Lakers + Giants
12-10-2012, 08:18 PM
:confused: Have you not noticed the majority agreeing with me?

I don't see anyone in this thread agreeing with you. .

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
bernie>both mikes

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Brown is beyond horrible, Mike is bad but no where near brown. Nash and Gasol have missed games, wait until nash gets back before you judge the team.

StarvingKnick22
12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't see anyone in this thread agreeing with you. .

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673766&postcount=12
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673594&postcount=11
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673436&postcount=8
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673346&postcount=5
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673257&postcount=3

You don't read, but assume you know what you are talking about. Stay classy.

SportsFanatic10
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
at least brown cares about defense, and doesn't run a crazy up temp offense with a bunch of old vets. i don't like either as a coach but brown might of been the lesser of two evils for the lakers. nash will make the offense flow smoother no question, he know's d'antoni's system better than anyone. but i still think brown suited the lakers personnel better though(don't get me wrong not well, but better). the grass is always greener on the otherside i guess lol. it's just mind blowing how a team with the best front court in the league can't figure out how to play inside out to me, but i guess having kobe around makes that a tough sell.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Bring Back Del Harris!

Nyc4You
12-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Brian Shaw anyone?

JasonJohnHorn
12-10-2012, 08:28 PM
They should have just left Bickerstaff in charge... he's 4-1 with the Lakers this season!

Or maybe just have two coaches... Mike Brown for defence and 'Antoni for offence... Mike + Mike

ManRam
12-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Meh. I don't think you can prove this. But I do think it's obvious that he was unfairly scapegoated. However, we all realize that he wasn't the problem now...which is good for him.

And he's getting paid. To do nothing! In the end, he's the biggest winner here.

Avenged
12-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Listen dude, this is getting really repetitive. If you at least watched Laker games maybe people would take it more serious but it is obvious you don't or you wouldn't create these type of threads.

The Lakers struggles go beyond the coach. Mike Brown's rotations were crap. Aside from that, he catered to his star players. D'Antoni has already benched Pau for his struggles (as bad as a move as it may have been - at least he showed he had balls - something Mike Brown didn't). Not saying D'Antoni is this great coach because he obviously isn't.. But he is no way worse than Brown.

And to Manram (don't feel like quoting another post) Mike Brown was DEFINITELY a problem. Was he "the" problem? No. But he was a problem and thankfully it was taken care of... Kind of since they ended up getting Mike D'Antoni anyways.....

ManRam
12-10-2012, 08:49 PM
And to Manram (don't feel like quoting another post) Mike Brown was DEFINITELY a problem. Was he "the" problem? No. But he was a problem and thankfully it was taken care of... Kind of since they ended up getting Mike D'Antoni anyways.....

He was the wrong hiring in the first place, I've always said that.

But he was scapegoated and thrown under the bus. I'm happy for him that people now realize that while he was a problem, he wasn't the problem. I have no problem with them firing him so early if it wasn't a reactionary move (possible, again, bad hiring originally), but I think it was to an extent.

I don't know what I'm even arguing. :laugh: I just envision Mike Brown sitting at home, counting his money, watching the Lakers lose and laughing. Good for him!

amos1er
12-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Jim Buss needs to own up to the foolish decision he made to hire D'Antoni over Phil Jackson.

**** you Jimmy!!! We all hate you!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Phil Jackson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jim Buss

Lakers + Giants
12-10-2012, 08:52 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673766&postcount=12
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673594&postcount=11
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673436&postcount=8
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673346&postcount=5
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24673257&postcount=3

You don't read, but assume you know what you are talking about. Stay classy.

1/5 of those said brown was better, the rest just talked crap about D'antoni but didn't say brown was better. Keep assuming buddy. You said the majority agreed with you, 1/5 there, didn't know 20% counted as the majority. Stay classy.

Anji
12-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Brown was a .620 coach last year before the Princeton Offense.

Unless MDA beats that, I would think Brown left to his own devices like MDA will be, is better without evening have Dwight/Nash.

KingPosey
12-10-2012, 08:55 PM
i know Nash isnt there, but with that starting 4, you HAVE to win more games. I know their starters actually have a nice +/-, or they did not long ago, but you have to win more games.

StarvingKnick22
12-10-2012, 08:58 PM
1/5 of those said brown was better, the rest just talked crap about D'antoni but didn't say brown was better. Keep assuming buddy. You said the majority agreed with you, 1/5 there, didn't know 20% counted as the majority. Stay classy.

Obviously you didn't read them. They either say that he was better, they want him back or that he wasn't given a proper team. Not reading. Nice.

SteveNash
12-10-2012, 09:00 PM

The Cavs team that went to the finals started Boobie Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, and Drew Gooden.

D'Antoni is terrible. Bring back Phil.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
The Cavs team that went to the finals started Boobie Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, and Drew Gooden.

D'Antoni is terrible. Bring back Phil.

Dude, stop ****ing around and tell us. When the hell are you coming back!

We need you now!!!! :cry:

Kashmir13579
12-10-2012, 09:09 PM
threadworthy

Zefflin
12-10-2012, 09:13 PM
No he wasn't. You don't watch laker basketball. Jesus these people.

Lakers + Giants
12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Obviously you didn't read them. They either say that he was better, they want him back or that he wasn't given a proper team. Not reading. Nice.

Your reading sucks. Most of them don't even mention mike brown, they just talk about how crappy Mike D is, nothing about Mike B being better. Learn to read buddy.

KingPosey
12-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I really just dont get the Mike D over Phil, and the way it went down. You have to assume it was for Nash, but was that smart? The other 4 all stars and roster have to fit the scheme, and while I love Nash, you might get him half the time you signed Mike for, while he misses several games a season do to his body.

kobebabe
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Am no surprised this is coming from a NY fan :facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Am no surprised this is coming from a NY fan :facepalm:

He is a troll but Knicks>lakers :D

97NYer
12-10-2012, 09:38 PM
D'antoni is and will always be the worst coach in the NBA.

strahan92osi72
12-10-2012, 09:42 PM
D'antoni is and will always be the worst coach in the NBA.

+1. I would honestly take Del Negro over him, no exaggeration.

strahan92osi72
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Not only did they pass on Phil, but did they even think to give Jerry Sloan a call as their fallback option?:confused:

amos1er
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Not only did they pass on Phil, but did they even think to give Jerry Sloan a call as their fallback option?:confused:

Yup, the Lakers are truly cursed by Jim Buss. First he chased away Jerry West, then Phil Jackson, then Brian Shaw, Kurt Rambis, and all of the scouts and hired his drinking buddy Chaz instead.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Is the coach why the Lakers are struggling? Serious question, Ive only watched like 10 games this year.

amos1er
12-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Is the coach why the Lakers are struggling? Serious question, Ive only watched like 10 games this year.

It's honestly not the coaches fault. D'Antoni is a great coach, but just not the right fit for this team, much like we wasn't in New York either. The true fault lies with the bonehead who hired him over Phil Jackson. That bonehead is none other than Jim Buss.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 09:59 PM
It's honestly not the coaches fault. D'Antoni is a great coach, but just not the right fit for this team, much like we wasn't in New York either. The true fault lies with the bonehead who hired him over Phil Jackson. That bonehead is none other than Jim Buss.

I can agree with this. My only thing is how do you think Nash would of fit Phils Triangle? And with Nash and Gasol missing games do you think they still would of started stronger?

amos1er
12-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I can agree with this. My only thing is how do you think Nash would of fit Phils Triangle?

Nash would most likely be a better version of Kerr in the triangle. Not expecting too much from him due to his age, but he still has great skills and playmaking when needed, he is clutch, and can hit the open jumper better than anyone else.

And with Nash and Gasol missing games do you think they still would of started stronger?

Phil was able to lead a team that consisted of Kobe, Odom and the worst roster in the league 3-15 to a record of 9 games over .500 back in 2006. I would have to believe that with Kobe, Dwight, and a sub par bench he would get at least 50-55 wins.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Nash would most likely be a better version of Kerr in the triangle. Not expecting too much from him due to his age, but he still has great skills and playmaking when needed, he is clutch, and can hit the open jumper better than anyone else.

Phil was able to lead a team that consisted of Kobe, Odom and the worst roster in the league 3-15 to a record of 9 games over .500 back in 2006. I would have to believe that with Kobe, Dwight, and a sub par bench he would get at least 50-55 wins.

I can't disagree. But again the season is still ealry, LA could def turn it around. I still expect them to be top 4 in the west.

lakersfan01
12-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Mike Brown was a much better and fitting coach for the Lakers. He had more control over them, while D'Antoni just lets them play. I know Nash isn't back but come on! Blake-Kobe-MWP-Gasol-Howard. How are you going to lose with that? But unfortunately, its unethical for them to fire again, but if there are no NBA laws against in I wouldn't be surprised. I still can't believe that the Lakers listen to everything Kobe says when he can't leave for another 3 years, though I doubt he ever will. I think they would have had a better record if they kept Brown. I'm assuming this is what he is doing at home: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6MeZ8nxwnjQ/ULevQiBblGI/AAAAAAABM4w/efPcoxppotY/s320/Psych-popcorn.gif

MIKE BROWN :laugh2:

Pakman
12-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Mike Brown was a much better and fitting coach for the Lakers. He had more control over them, while D'Antoni just lets them play. I know Nash isn't back but come on! Blake-Kobe-MWP-Gasol-Howard. How are you going to lose with that? But unfortunately, its unethical for them to fire again, but if there are no NBA laws against in I wouldn't be surprised. I still can't believe that the Lakers listen to everything Kobe says when he can't leave for another 3 years, though I doubt he ever will. I think they would have had a better record if they kept Brown. I'm assuming this is what he is doing at home: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6MeZ8nxwnjQ/ULevQiBblGI/AAAAAAABM4w/efPcoxppotY/s320/Psych-popcorn.gifnot sure if serious?

amos1er
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I can't disagree. But again the season is still ealry, LA could def turn it around. I still expect them to be top 4 in the west.

There was some article that came out today saying the the Lakers would have to go 46-11 the rest of the way just to get a top 4 seed.

ldawg
12-10-2012, 10:28 PM
no way Lakers finish top 4 no way.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
There was some article that came out today saying the the Lakers would have to go 46-11 the rest of the way just to get a top 4 seed.

Really? I mean Grizz, Spurs, OKC are going to be ahead of them, I guess Clippers too? And how would they be able to tell? Whose to say the teams ahead of them play well? Lol Thats a stupid thing IMO. But yeah maybe 4-5, I dont see them being lower then 5, they will click with Nash.

Pluvious
12-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Ok, since everyone is arguing and trying to be right without actually bringing up important facts/issues I will do that for you. :p

1) Brown had a training camp and preseason and D'Antonni did not.

2) Bickerstaff being 4-1 does not prove anything. Like we have seen lately the annoying phrase correlation does not equal causation also applies here. Bernie just let the guys play and they had an easy stretch of home games.

There was no system implemented of any kind. Looking back these factors and the team just being happy to be free of the princeton may very well indicate why the Lakers went 4-1 during this time.

3) More injuries with D'Antonni then Brown.

4) The defense has been poor with both Brown and D'Antonni.

5) Both coaches have not seemed to be able to motivate the players or have them play with energy consistently.

Wes_Craven
12-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Listen dude, this is getting really repetitive. If you at least watched Laker games maybe people would take it more serious but it is obvious you don't or you wouldn't create these type of threads.

The Lakers struggles go beyond the coach. Mike Brown's rotations were crap. Aside from that, he catered to his star players. D'Antoni has already benched Pau for his struggles (as bad as a move as it may have been - at least he showed he had balls - something Mike Brown didn't). Not saying D'Antoni is this great coach because he obviously isn't.. But he is no way worse than Brown.

Brown benched Kobe :speechless:

IversonIsKrazy
12-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Jerry SLoan would've been the best fit and is who they should've gotten. (After the obvious choice of Phil jAckson)

THE MTL
12-11-2012, 03:29 AM
While Mike Brown didnt have his fair chance in LA, Mike D'Antoni is definitely an upgrade.

Iron24th
12-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Bernie was better, not mike brown.

Heediot
12-11-2012, 06:21 AM
Suns without Nash = trainwreck, it's probable the same is true with the Laker's and D'Antoni's style.

Nash is very pivotal to a team's success let's stop these threads until he comes back and they all play together.

thenaj17
12-11-2012, 06:52 AM

I'd question how good a coach is if he only fits 1 out of 3 teams he's had especially with all the talent those teams had.

A good coach should be able to adapt his style to the players they have on board. Think Popovic when you read this and Sir Alex Ferguson in football, Bill Belichick in NFL. They change the teams style of play based on personnel.

D'Antoni is narrow minded and unable to change for the players he has. You just don't run a bunch of 30+ players into the ground playing ridiculous amount of minutes,especially with 4 games in 5 nights. Kobe and Dwight have no business being in 4th quarters when the game is over, winning or losing.

thenaj17
12-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Brown benched Kobe :speechless:

Poppycock, Kobe was being rested for a couple of minutes as he hadn't been out all 2nd half up to that point and Brown was conscious of this.

Jesse2272
12-11-2012, 07:37 AM
we don't know how Nash will be like with D'Antoni. just wait till Nash gets back, which should be a few games and lets see what will happen.
pretty much this I cant judge this team until Nash returns

StarvingKnick22
12-11-2012, 07:37 PM
He is a troll but Knicks>lakers :D
You call me a troll but I had to get a mod to get you to stay away from me.

Your reading sucks. Most of them don't even mention mike brown, they just talk about how crappy Mike D is, nothing about Mike B being better. Learn to read buddy.
Dude just give it up. Obviously Brown's record was much better than D'antoni's. Atleast Brown made it to the Finals twice.

Lakers + Giants
12-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Dude just give it up. Obviously Brown's record was much better than D'antoni's. Atleast Brown made it to the Finals twice.

When Mike B was in Cleveland it was much easier to come out of the east than to come out of the west, btw it was because of lebron that cleveland made it to the finals not because of Mike B. It was also just once, not twice.

Either way I'm not defending Mike D, I'm just saying they both suck. . .

smith&wesson
12-11-2012, 07:44 PM
there were better options out there like phill jackson or jerry sloan or stan van ... wait never mind. lol

PLAYERS FAN
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Last year lakers offense would have fit perfectly with this team. The front office should have told Brown to get rid of the princeton office, instead of firing him.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I'd question how good a coach is if he only fits 1 out of 3 teams he's had especially with all the talent those teams had.

A good coach should be able to adapt his style to the players they have on board. Think Popovic when you read this and Sir Alex Ferguson in football, Bill Belichick in NFL. They change the teams style of play based on personnel.

D'Antoni is narrow minded and unable to change for the players he has. You just don't run a bunch of 30+ players into the ground playing ridiculous amount of minutes,especially with 4 games in 5 nights. Kobe and Dwight have no business being in 4th quarters when the game is over, winning or losing.

I was being courteous.

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Coaches cant control missed free throws and stupid *** turnovers.