PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Match (Dwyane Wade for Al Jefferson)?

Diabolical
12-10-2012, 07:08 PM
The Utah Jazz have 4 amazing young big men that are more than capable of getting 30+ minutes a night. The Miami Heat need a center with some size that can rebound, block shots, and post up. Do you guys think a trade of Wade for Jefferson would benefit both teams, neither team, or just one team? Explain.

Utah Jazz
PG: Mo Williams
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Gordan Hayward
PF: Paul Milsap
C : Derrick Favors/Enes Kanter

Miami Heat
PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C : Al Jefferson

SugeKnight
12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Good trade idea, but i dont think Miami is going to trade wade. They are coming off a championship, he has chemistry on the court with Lebron, and he's the reason Lebron came there in the first place.

I dont see any one of Miami's big 3 getting traded anytime soon

Dade County
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
The Utah Jazz have 4 amazing young big men that are more than capable of getting 30+ minutes a night. The Miami Heat need a center with some size that can rebound, block shots, and post up. Do you guys think a trade of Wade for Jefferson would benefit both teams, neither team, or just one team? Explain.

:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
They won't trade wade

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
It really isn't that bad. Charmers-Allen-James-bosh-Jefferson is prob a better fit but yeah wont trade wade

camador22
12-10-2012, 07:16 PM
This is as dumb as a trade as it get. Did we all just forget Miami is the current champs and they have a good respectable record. Sure Wade doesn't seem to be a top 5 player anymore but I've seen him many times bounce back and prove everyone wrong. It's not like Miami is LA, those guys should probably consider trading Kobe for some young blood like Gay or Josh Smith.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-10-2012, 07:17 PM
no.

Baller1
12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
It's actually a rather fair, realistic trade. But it's not gonna happen, not when Miami is coming off a championship win.

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Guppyfighter
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
In a vacuum it makes sense. But it is not in a vacuum. Won't happen.

Diabolical
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Regardless of them actually doing this trade I asked a question that no one seems to want to answer.

Stop face palming and answer the damn question.

TFleury14
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM

DreamShaker
12-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Good trade idea, but i dont think Miami is going to trade wade. They are coming off a championship, he has chemistry on the court with Lebron, and he's the reason Lebron came there in the first place.

Yup. And I think the Jazz would rather have a younger guard to pair with Kanter/Favors.

HYFR
12-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Wade might retire of he gets shipped off to Utah lol

SACNYY
12-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Jefferson is averaging 17 and 11. Wade 19 and 4. Wade isn't the same player he used to be and Jefferson is 3 years younger at 27. I'd rather have Jefferson at this point.

DreamShaker
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Regardless of them actually doing this trade I asked a question that no one seems to want to answer.

Stop face palming and answer the damn question.

I like Jefferson, but he is not a great defender, which is Miami's biggest problem this year. Wade and Lebron won it all last year, so they won't break up. Wade would be huge for Utah now, but Kanter and Favors are still young, and not hit their prime yet. By the time they do, Wade will be older, and I am not sure that would be ideal.

Swashcuff
The PERFECT rape. Utah with make out like absolute BANDITS if they make this trade.

Swashcuff
Miami could have missed the playoffs last year I'm still not making that trade.

NoahH
12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
In NBA 2k13 it would be a good trade, in NBA real life probably not

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
People really need to **** off with this assertion that the Miami Heat should trade one of their three. Lebron/Wade/Bosh are perfect for each other. Lebron is the facilitator/beast, Bosh pulls opposing bigs out of the lane and spreads the floor for Lebron and Wade, and Wade demands so much attention off the ball it makes it dificult for teams to double Lebron. With those 3 running the show, all that is left is for shooters to space the floor, which is where Allen, Chalmers, Battier, Miller, and Lewis come in. Miami's problem this season is they start off the game not caring and basically put up such little effort that they put themselves into slumps. They did not do that against the Hornets on Saturday, but they have done that often this season, which has been very frustrating to watch. Nobody is getting traded, the idea that Miami should trade Wade or Bosh is rediculous, and is an outdated idea. 2 years, 2 EC Championships, 1 NBA title should speak for itself....

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Utah Jazz
PG: Mo Williams
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Gordan Hayward
PF: Paul Milsap
C : Derrick Favors/Enes Kanter

Miami Heat
PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C : Al Jefferson

your idea is moronic and outdated....

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Jefferson is averaging 17 and 11. Wade 19 and 4. Wade isn't the same player he used to be and Jefferson is 3 years younger at 27. I'd rather have Jefferson at this point.

Wade is the better fit in Miami....

greg_ory_2005
12-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Not too bad of an idea. But doubt the Heat would trade Wade.

SACNYY
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not the biggest NBA fan. My reply was strictly based on #'s.

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
lol at heat fans thinking wade is 5 years younger and elite...

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
trade is a lot closer than heat fans put it out to be

Ebbs
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
It's not as awful as Heat fans are acting like it is.

Hibbert + Paul George for Wade

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
trade is a lot closer than heat fans put it out to be

no it isnt, its an outdated idea........

SACNYY
12-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Hibbert + Paul George for Wade

Pacers can't be that stupid.

thephoenixson28
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
If they were to to trade wade, I hope Phoenix would jump all over this.They would have enough to get it done.

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
If they were to to trade wade, I hope Phoenix would jump all over this.They would have enough to get it done.

:sigh:

dhopisthename
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM

what could they offer?

SACNYY
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
what could they offer?

Gortat

Swashcuff
12-10-2012, 08:13 PM
I wonder how many people know that Al Jefferson has torn his ACL in his right knee? I wonder how many people know that Al Jefferson is an unrestricted FA this off season? I wonder how many people know Al Jefferson is turning 28 in less than a month?

Now tell me what are the Heat going to do with an unrestricted FA, who has already torn his ACL once (this injury tend to affect players later on in their career when they hit 30 or so than right away) and doesn't defend the rim well?

Those who are saying the Heat fans are butt hurt and irrational are just being idiotic. If someone made a thread about your favourite team as idiotic as this you'd be up in arms as well.

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 08:14 PM
no it isnt, its an outdated idea........

Name me a true center on the Miami Heat

SportsFanatic10
12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
hell no

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I wonder how many people know that Al Jefferson has torn his ACL in his right knee? I wonder how many people know that Al Jefferson is an unrestricted FA this off season? I wonder how many people know Al Jefferson is turning 28 in less than a month?

Now tell me what are the Heat going to do with an unrestricted FA, who has already torn his ACL once (this injury tend to affect players later on in their career when they hit 30 or so than right away) and doesn't defend the rim well?

Those who are saying the Heat fans are butt hurt and irrational are just being idiotic. If someone made a thread about your favourite team as idiotic as this you'd be up in arms as well.

its actually just more of an annoyance IMO. We are in our 3rd year together with 2 conference championship, and a title, and people still think we need to make a trade. We have had this discussion of trading one of Wade or Bosh (and sometimes even Lebron) before, and the idea is outdated.

topdog
12-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Interesting trade. While Jefferson isn't a superstar or even an all-star, I've thought for years he could be a nice interior compliment to Lebron especially with Bosh expanding his game to the 3pt line. Wade's injuries would worry me if I'm Miami. Still, I don't know that both FO's wouldn't say "no."

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 08:17 PM

We have won 2 conference championships and a title in 2 years, next question...

SACNYY
12-10-2012, 08:18 PM

That's why they should go for Gortat. Wade for Gortat. Trade of the year. :D

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
We have won 2 conference championships and a title in 2 years, next question...

what's the matter can't name one? lol wait until the age catches up to the heat and they can't run small anymore, Wade already looks like a different player and looks like he lost a step.

TylerSL
12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
what's the matter can't name one? lol wait until the age catches up to the heat and they can't run small anymore, Wade already looks like a different player and looks like he lost a step.

I didnt answer because it is irrelevent. I know it angers you.

Ebbs
12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Pacers can't be that stupid.

Even West + George would make the Heat better

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
That's why they should go for Gortat. Wade for Gortat. Trade of the year. :D

Gortat is not on Al Jeff's level :p

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I didnt answer because it is irrelevent. I know it angers you.

Angers me? :confused:

Slug3
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Honestly it's not that the trade is bad, it's just Miami would not even consider it.

NoahH
12-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Did y'all just see Wade's slick drive there? He's still got it.

JordansBulls
12-10-2012, 08:56 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:clap:

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Did y'all just see Wade's slick drive there? He's still got it.

yea of course, one drive makes him still got it lol how about the countless times he disappears :facepalm:

SportsFanatic10
12-10-2012, 09:14 PM
yea of course, one drive makes him still got it lol how about the countless times he disappears :facepalm:

its almost as bad to think wades done after 3 or 4 bad games coming off surgery and call them countless times:facepalm:

amos1er
12-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Me too, plus the Heat would be getting the low post defense they desperately need. Then they could just start Ray Allen who fits Lebrons style of play better anyways. Not sure how Lebron would feel about losing out on his rebounding stats though, but I'm sure that he would like Ray Allen starting better because it's an easy drive and kick for more assists.

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 09:21 PM
its almost as bad to think wades done after 3 or 4 bad games coming off surgery and call them countless times:facepalm:

all im saying is how many more surgeries can a body endure, maybe its time to think to cash in his value before it starts to decline heavily in a couple of years

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
the surgeries hes done and the game style he plays..is not gonna work

SportsFanatic10
12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
the surgeries hes done and the game style he plays..is not gonna work

it's not impossible to change your game style, wades already been developing a great post game the last couple years, just has to improve his jumper. his midrange game was good at one point, he can get it back. and he's an underrated passer, his decline won't be as ugly as people seem to like to think. besides he's still gonna have some athleticism for 2 or 3 more years still, you don't trade great franchise players like him.

strahan92osi72
12-10-2012, 09:47 PM
LOL @ the Heat fans still thinking they have the '06 Wade. That is actually a very good trade considering Wade's declining value.

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 09:50 PM
LOL @ the Heat fans still thinking they have the '06 Wade. That is actually a very good trade considering Wade's declining value.

Thank you lmao to many heat fans due to the decision :p

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Wade's a much better player then Jeffy and can play like a Top 5 guy on any given night.

He is already having a great game tonight and hit a 3pt shot (I thought he has no jumper haters?) and he is coming off a great game.

Honestly what annoys me the most is how people flat out disrespect or refuse to acknowledge how skilled he is.
One of the best passers in the league, has a good post games and great basic skills.
Remember back in 2010 dude was making Ray Allen fall on his *** before sticking a smooth 3pt shot.

Wade is gonna be an elite player for 3-4 more years at a minimum.
Honestly it wouldn't take much for him to get back into most peoples Top 5-10 list.

amos1er
12-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Wade's a much better player then Jeffy and can play like a Top 5 guy on any given night.

He is the better player of the two for sure, but Jefferson would be a better fit for what the Heat desperately need which is a low post scorer and defender. All you Wadebuffs can go on thinking that it's wiser to keep Wade over Al because as a Laker fan I can assure you that I would be scared if this trade actually happened.

He is already having a great game tonight and hit a 3pt shot (I thought he has no jumper haters?) and he is coming off a great game.

No one is saying that he isn't still a great player, just that he looks as though he is starting to decline. He is still a top 3 sg in this league for sure.

Honestly what annoys me the most is how people flat out disrespect or refuse to acknowledge how skilled he is.
One of the best passers in the league, has a good post games and great basic skills.

It's just that from the perspective of a Wadebuff like you, people who are a bit more realistic might come off offensive because they are not always swinging from his nutsack.

Remember back in 2010 dude was making Ray Allen fall on his *** before sticking a smooth 3pt shot.

It's not 2010 anymore.

Wade is gonna be an elite player for 3-4 more years at a minimum.
Honestly it wouldn't take much for him to get back into most peoples Top 5-10 list.

Another great sig quote Opportunity??? Hmmmmm

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Another great sig quote Opportunity??? Hmmmmm
Go for it.
He is literally 3-4 good games in a row from being back in the Top 5-10 range and I do believe he will probably remain in the Top 10 (range) for the next 2-3 years.

I will say its visually unpleasant to have such huge quotes in your sig.
I'd rather you stick to one or two small ones.
Easier on the eyes.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I think this would be a no brainer. Wade is on the decline and Al J is on the rise. A Bosh-Jefferson duo would be pretty damn good. Allen is still good enough to start at the 2.

Wade + Cole for Jefferson should get it done.

Chalmers-Allen-James-Bosh-Jefferson

And LeBron no longer has to go through the grueling minutes of having to guard and go up against 4's at times.

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Wade with 20 / 4 / 4 tonight on 8-9 shooting in 25 minutes.
Quick trade him!

:lol:

amos1er
12-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Go for it.
He is literally 3-4 good games in a row from being back in the Top 5-10 range and I do believe he will probably remain in the Top 10 (range) for the next 2-3 years.

I would very confidently sig bet you that by seasons end, Wade will not be considered a top ten player.

I will say its visually unpleasant to have such huge quotes in your sig.
I'd rather you stick to one or two small ones.
Easier on the eyes.

Duly noted.

amos1er
12-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Quick trade him!

If I were a Heat fan I would still rather have a consistent low post defender and scorer than the occasional good game from Wade.

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
If I were a Heat fan I would still rather have a consistent low post defender and scorer than the occasional good game from Wade.
Al is not that great of a low post defender.

Plus the Heats offense would get noticeably worse as would their perimeter defense.

Wade has "good games" more often then he has bad games.
Saying "occasional" is just silly.

SportsFanatic10
12-10-2012, 10:26 PM

he can still play like 2010 wade is all i'm saying and that is still an elite player.

RaJAxTWa
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Quick trade him!

lol one game......:facepalm: is wade the best player in the nba now?

kobe4thewinbang
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
I agree that Wade isn't the best Utah could acquire for Jefferson, especially since he is noticeably declining and has been inconsistent. But it would be great for Miami. Establishes LBJ as the leader like he was in Cleveland with a much better roster than he ever had back then. I think they would need a better point guard than Chalmers though.

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 10:34 PM
lol one game......:facepalm: is wade the best player in the nba now?

Are you implying this is the only good game he has had this season?

Wade is much better then anything Utah could acquire for Jefferson
Fixed.

amos1er
12-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Al is not that great of a low post defender.

Still better than what Bosh is giving you guys. IMO he is a better fit than Wade because he is the center you have been needing for years.

Plus the Heats offense would get noticeably worse as would their perimeter defense.

I would hardly say noticeably. Jefferson only averages like 2 points less, but on a higher fg%. Ray could easily fill in for Wade and would flourish with Lebron as he likes to drive and kick to the open man for a spot up 3. Ray could handle the perimeter D just fine, and if not, Lebron could step in at any time. The center position is truly the Heats weakest link. I would do this trade in a heart beat if I were a Heat fan, but your not a Heat fan anyways, you are a Wade fan admittedly.

Wade has "good games" more often then he has bad games.
Saying "occasional" is just silly.

How many good games has Wade had again this year???

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
someone close this trash

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
I would hardly say noticeably. Jefferson only averages like 2 points less, but on a higher fg%.
Wade : 20 / 5ast on 55%TS (not account for bad games)
Jeff : 17 / 2ast on 52%TS

Yes it is a huge difference especially considering Wade may get back to his usual consistency as the season progresses and he can explode for huge games on any given night carrying the team offensively.

Ray could handle the perimeter D just fine, and if not, Lebron could step in at any time.
Wade is one of the best perimiter defenders in the league.
Ray is a below average defender at this point.
The Heat's perimeter defense would get significantly worse, period.

I would do this trade in a heart beat if I were a Heat fan.
I honestly think it would make the Heat a worse team so... I wouldn't do it.

How many good games has Wade had again this year???
Wade has had 9-11 good games out of 15.

Swashcuff
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
I swear some idiots will same ANYTHING to diminish the value of a Heat player. Speaking utter garbage about Jefferson being a better fit because he has a better FG% utter rubbish. OF COURSE he's going to have a higher FG% he's a big who takes a higher % of high % shots than a wing player. That's basic basketball understanding. What matters more however isn't his scoring from the field but his overall offensive value. He's a poor passer, extremely inefficient for the position he plays and doesn't give you a go to option if time is running low.

FYI coming into tonight Wade had a higher FG% than Al Jefferson despite being a wing. Higher FG%, TS%, EFG% so yeah he's a more efficient scorer from the field by all accounts.

dhopisthename
12-10-2012, 11:33 PM
people do realize jefferson is an expiring contract? that really hurts his trade value. The jazz wouldn't let the heat get off of the phone if they offered them this deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 11:36 PM
I swear some idiots will same ANYTHING to diminish the value of a Heat player. Speaking utter garbage about Jefferson being a better fit because he has a better FG% utter rubbish. OF COURSE he's going to have a higher FG% he's a big who takes a higher % of high % shots than a wing player. That's basic basketball understanding. What matters more however isn't his scoring from the field but his overall offensive value. He's a poor passer, extremely inefficient for the position he plays and doesn't give you a go to option if time is running low.

FYI coming into tonight Wade had a higher FG% than Al Jefferson despite being a wing. Higher FG%, TS%, EFG% so yeah he's a more efficient scorer from the field by all accounts.

Kinda easy when you have 2 other former franchise players and all those shooters grabbing the opposing team's attention while Wade gets to lollygag and take nights off and then shows up every 2-3 games, all of a sudden has a 9/11 FG game to bust up his percentages, and now all of a sudden he's the 2nd best player in the world.

When you have the best player in his prime garnering the opposing team's attention, kinda feasible and doable to do what he does on an every other game basis.

SwatTeam
12-10-2012, 11:38 PM

This.

This is why a majority of PSD's NBA fans are idiots. They let hate cloud their rationality. No need to say stupid things. Just say you don't like Wade and it will all be OK. Of course, Wade is declining but he can still play at a high level for a few more seasons. Why would Miami trade him for Al Jefferson of all people when the Heat WANT to play small ball. They proved they can win a championship with their brand of ball. Why would they want a big to clog the lane and who might not mesh with Bosh? [sigh] at least make a better trade proposal.

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 11:39 PM
When you have the best player in his prime garnering the opposing team's attention, kinda feasible and doable to do what he does on an every other game basis.
Wade gets plenty of defensive attention and double teams (way more then Kobe does) and he isn't only good on an every other game basis.
Lebron isn't that great of an off-ball threat so teams focus down on Wade when he initiates the offense.

Out of 15 games he has been good to great in 9-11 of them.

:D

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 11:43 PM
This.

This is why a majority of PSD's NBA fans are idiots. They let hate cloud their rationality. No need to say stupid things. Just say you don't like Wade and it will all be OK. Of course, Wade is declining but he can still play at a high level for a few more seasons. Why would Miami trade him for Al Jefferson of all people when the Heat WANT to play small ball. They proved they can win a championship with their brand of ball. Why would they want a big to clog the lane and who might not mesh with Bosh? [sigh] at least make a better trade proposal.

Bosh is more perimeter oriented anyways. I can see the issue with LeBron as he relies on getting to the paint and his J is good but not an innate part of his arsenal that he can use for a really good portion of a 48 minute game. So I can see the clogging affect Bron moreso than Bosh.

SportsFanatic10
12-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Kinda easy when you have 2 other former franchise players and all those shooters grabbing the opposing team's attention while Wade gets to lollygag and take nights off and then shows up every 2-3 games, all of a sudden has a 9/11 FG game to bust up his percentages, and now all of a sudden he's the 2nd best player in the world.

what people don't realize is that wade is a rhythm player. since lebron and bosh have been there his minutes have been down and so have his touches. lebron takes the ball out of wades hands, and it's actually harder to get it going when they take turns attacking instead of when he'd pick his spots on his own. their games don't compliment each others unless its a fastbreak. noone is more concerned with guarding lebron then another player when wade has the ball and vice-versa since neither is a spot up shooter. but at least wade knows how to be a good teammate and do what is best for the team unlike another sg i can think of. who in case you haven't noticed has had plenty of franchise caliber players around him as well.

Swashcuff
12-10-2012, 11:46 PM

Funny thing is Wade has been doing this since the days he was the only all star on his team. What was his excuse then?

What's idiotic. No one is saying that Wade is a top 5 player most aren't even saying he's top 10 and even the biggest Heat homers are admitting Kobe has been much better (hell even Andrew32 has him outside of his top 10) but guys like yourself come out here harping and saying that he's suddenly a top 2 player. Quite honestly it seems to me as if you're overreacting MUCH more than Wade homers.

SwatTeam
12-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Bosh is more perimeter oriented anyways. I can see the issue with LeBron as he relies on getting to the paint and his J is good but not an innate part of his arsenal that he can use for a really good portion of a 48 minute game. So I can see the clogging affect Bron moreso than Bosh.

Do you remember the Toronto Raptors experiment back in 2008-2009 with Jermaine O'neal (a player at the time very similar in his game to Al Jefferson and just coming off knee surgeries as well - except O'neal was more a defensive presence than Jefferson) and Bosh? Let's just say the experiment failed. Bosh has never worked well with any low post dominant big.

I don't think Bron's game would be hindered at all. The Heat is built around him and his abilities. If he wants to get in the post then Al Jefferson would need to get used to it and move to the outside - which would basically mean he's useless. So WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU TRADE WADE FOR JEFFERSON? Doesn't make any sense.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Funny thing is Wade has been doing this since the days he was the only all star on his team. What was his excuse then?

What's idiotic. No one is saying that Wade is a top 5 player most aren't even saying he's top 10 and even the biggest Heat homers are admitting Kobe has been much better (hell even Andrew32 has him outside of his top 10) but guys like yourself come out here harping and saying that he's suddenly a top 2 player. Quite honestly it seems to me as if you're overreacting MUCH more than Wade homers.

My feeling is that if Bron ditched Cleveland to go to a place where they had a player close to his caliber to share the load with, and after the 1st initial yr, Wade wasn't upholding the end of his bargain, then it's a real shame, isn't it.

I mean sometimes I feel Wade takes LeBron for granted. Thus, what you've been seeing with him not taking care of his body, not being smart about unwilling to change his game a little bit rather than to keep crashing to the floor and look for the BS phantom calls every trip down the floor, not working on that jumpshot as his form has become putrid and progressively worse to look at from the Shaq days, the lollygagging GQ magazine, laissez-faire attitude.

If Bron went thru so much criticism and crap for leaving Cleveland, then going to Miami better be a good long-term investment for him.

topdog
12-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Just to add a ripple to this discussion, Yahoo has an article citing a rival executive as saying the Heat will not be able to keep the big 3 together in 2 years:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/miami-heat-going-break-team-2014-due-salary-213121115--nba.html

Andrew32
12-10-2012, 11:56 PM
My feeling is that if Bron ditched Cleveland to go to a place where they had a player close to his caliber to share the load with, and after the 1st initial yr, Wade wasn't upholding the end of his bargain, then it's a real shame, isn't it.

LOL... what a joke.

Lebron is the only one who hasn't held up his end of the bargain so far.
His no show in the 2011 Finals cost them a title and Wade a FMVP.

Wade has done everything needed for the Heat to contend thus far in their time together.

SportsFanatic10
12-11-2012, 12:00 AM

I mean sometimes I feel Wade takes LeBron for granted. Thus, what you've been seeing with him not taking care of his body, not being smart about unwilling to change his game a little bit rather than to keep crashing to the floor and look for the BS phantom calls every trip down the floor, not working on that jumpshot as his form has become putrid and progressively worse to look at from the Shaq days, the lollygagging GQ magazine, laissez-faire attitude.

If Bron went thru so much criticism and crap for leaving Cleveland, then going to Miami better be a good long-term investment for him.

haha you're perspective is so ****ed up. wade has sacrificed his game for lebron. someone's numbers had to go down, and someone had to take a back seat and handle the ball less and he took the hit. their games don't mesh so it's not always ideal, yet when he's needed he is there. he's done nothing but cater to lebron. he definitely didn't let lebron down when they lost to dallas that's for sure.

thephoenixson28
12-11-2012, 12:00 AM
what could they offer?

Gortat,Dudley,Brown and picks

Wolfman01
12-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Wade is averaging 20 points a game and is shooting over 50 percent from the field. I don't see why trading him will make any sense. We all know that when James decided to play for the Heat Wade's number will drop a little.

TylerSL
12-11-2012, 12:43 AM
such a fail thread. We have had this discussion before. Miami, in 2 years, has had 2 NBA Finals appearances, and a title, but should trade Wade.... :facepalm:

Wade is far superior to Jefferson, and is such a great off the ball player he doesnt have to score to be effective, he takes pressure off of Lebron just by being on the court. People think if Wade doesnt go out and get 26 a night, he isnt elite, and people then turn around and say if Heat fans think any trade idea for Wade is bad, then they acting as if Wade is 5 years younger. :facepalm:

This is an outdated idea, and anybody who believes Wade should be traded are morons. Jefferson is a Free Agent after the season anyways...... :sigh:

TylerSL
12-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I agree that Wade isn't the best Utah could acquire for Jefferson, especially since he is noticeably declining and has been inconsistent. But it would be great for Miami. Establishes LBJ as the leader like he was in Cleveland with a much better roster than he ever had back then. I think they would need a better point guard than Chalmers though.

:confused:

Lebron is already the established leader of the Heat.....

TylerSL
12-11-2012, 12:58 AM

fail. If Wade doesnt go get 25+ a night he is lollygagying and taking nights off.... :facepalm:

Wade's last 8 games he has been

vs Atlanta 11-13 26pts
vs. Hornets 9-12 26pts
vs Knicks 3-13 13pts
@ Washington 9-19 24pts
vs Brooklyn 14-20 34pts
vs San Antonio 7-17 19pts
vs. Cleveland 6-15 18pts
vs Milluakee 11-21 28pts

Total 70-130 (53.8%) 23.5pts

Before that, he was out for 2 games.

Apparently to you, that is taking nights off...... Looks like 2 bad games to me... On the season, he has had 4 bad games (3-13 vs Knicks, 6-15 vs Cleveland, 2-10 @LAC, and 3-15 @ Memphis).

This makes him a lollygagger and inconsistent, so the Heat should trade him to an irrelevent team for an inferior player...... :facepalm:

PrettyBoyJ
12-11-2012, 01:19 AM
With Ray Allen on the team this would actually be a good trade. The likelihood of this trade happening is probably never.

Greedy22
12-11-2012, 01:33 AM
fail. If Wade doesnt go get 25+ a night he is lollygagying and taking nights off.... :facepalm:

Wade's last 8 games he has been

vs Atlanta 11-13 26pts
vs. Hornets 9-12 26pts
vs Knicks 3-13 13pts
@ Washington 9-19 24pts
vs Brooklyn 14-20 34pts
vs San Antonio 7-17 19pts
vs. Cleveland 6-15 18pts
vs Milluakee 11-21 28pts

Total 70-130 (53.8%) 23.5pts

Before that, he was out for 2 games.

Apparently to you, that is taking nights off...... Looks like 2 bad games to me... On the season, he has had 4 bad games (3-13 vs Knicks, 6-15 vs Cleveland, 2-10 @LAC, and 3-15 @ Memphis).

This makes him a lollygagger and inconsistent, so the Heat should trade him to an irrelevent team for an inferior player...... :facepalm:

I'll take that lollygagging anytime.

Cubby
12-11-2012, 01:51 AM
My goodness, the responses in this thread are so diverse! All the facepalms!

Jesse2272
12-11-2012, 07:39 AM
for the llulz

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
:laugh:

Whats so funny?

MonroeFAN
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I love how heat fans are scoffing at this proposal. Wade is not that great of a player anymore, and is losing value each and every year. Lebron and Bosh could probably win the championship alone, and just imagine the type of return you could get for him right now (my guess is more than he's worth just by being a house hold name). I know they won't trade him because of his history with the organization, and that he has good chemistry right now. But realistically, how many years does Wade have left in him?

If the Jazz put together a package of Al Jeff and depth I would jump at the opportunity if I were Miami.

I'm more partial to Hibbert & Granger, or Paul and a pick though. Which I think Indy would do assuming the salaries are on point.

HiphopRelated
12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
So a trade to close Miami's window

MonroeFAN
12-11-2012, 01:08 PM
I think it's pretty obvious by Dade County's post though that a lot of Miami fans are too stubborn to make this trade.

MonroeFAN
12-11-2012, 01:08 PM
So a trade to close Miami's window

Lebron & Bosh could win a championship without Wade me thinks.

thrice4
12-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Doesn't Jefferson have one year left on his deal? Didn't he say he would like to play in Boston? Since in three years the Heat won't be able to afford the big three why would they be able to pay a center under 30 years old who's as good as he is? I also think Jefferson could be had for less than Wade. With Favors and Kanter they could probably get a first or two first picks and maybe a young player back that could help right away without hurting their team too much.

Swashcuff
12-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Doesn't Jefferson have one year left on his deal? Didn't he say he would like to play in Boston? Since in three years the Heat won't be able to afford the big three why would they be able to pay a center under 30 years old who's as good as he is? I also think Jefferson could be had for less than Wade. With Favors and Kanter they could probably get a first or two first picks and maybe a young player back that could help right away without hurting their team too much.

Wait you're being rational? You're such a Heat Homer :rolleyes:

HiphopRelated
12-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Lebron & Bosh could win a championship without Wade me thinks.
you thinks wrong

thrice4
12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Wait you're being rational? You're such a Heat Homer :rolleyes:

don't like the heat

dnewguy
12-11-2012, 01:56 PM
People are praying we trade Wade because they understand he is the toughest minded Heat player when it comes to the play-offs.

Swashcuff
12-11-2012, 01:58 PM
you thinks wrong

On that thinking I don't see him as being wrong I just see him as being foolish. You already made the finals twice with Wade. The first time he put one of the best performances we've ever seen in a winning or even losing cause the 2nd time the Heat won, why on earth would you trade that for a player who has already had a torn ACL, nearing 30, an expiring contract at the end of the year and already shown interest in another team (a team considered as one of the Heat's rivals) and really doesn't help become better than they currently are.

The premise of this thread is so idiotic and those agreeing really don't have a grasp of the situation or are just plain and simple blind haters.

SwatTeam
12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't understand all this rhetoric as if Al Jefferson is some stud of a big. He isn't. He hasn't been the same player since the knee injury and he is a 17/10 guy which isn't bad but Wade can produce that at least points wise for the foreseeable future. Obviosuly Jefferson rebounds better but why shouldnt he in comparison to Wade? The heat are more of a team oriented rebounding group rather than a team relying on one guy to get the job done (e.g. Lebron/Bosh/Haslem can each go off for 10+ Rebs on any given night).

What people don't seem to understand is that the heat play small ball when they are at their most effective. They won a ring that way which validates their methods and style of play. I'm not saying that you can't propose trades for Wade or aren't justified to - but propose trades that make sense to the system theyre trying to use. They are an unconventional team by the mere fact that they play Lebron as the point forward. Why would They trade Wade for Jefferson? It doesn't fit with what they're trying to do. This is why heat fans scoff at the trade. It doesn't make sense. At least make an earnest attempt.

Most people here still see basketball through one lense and in a player to player comparison. You have to account for the systems teams use and the chemistry as well.

SwatTeam
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM
On that thinking I don't see him as being wrong I just see him as being foolish. You already made the finals twice with Wade. The first time he put one of the best performances we've ever seen in a winning or even losing cause the 2nd time the Heat won, why on earth would you trade that for a player who has already had a torn ACL, nearing 30, an expiring contract at the end of the year and already shown interest in another team (a team considered as one of the Heat's rivals) and really doesn't help become better than they currently are.

The premise of this thread is so idiotic and those agreeing really don't have a grasp of the situation or are just plain and simple blind haters.

And that's the problem. People here are so blinded by their hate that they say stupid things that don't make sense. You can hate the heat all you want - you have a right to do whatever you want. But if you are going to say things basketball related make sure they sound rational and aren't shrouded in hate. People who actually know about basketball will just see you as idiots. Basically, be a rational hater. An oxymoron I guess.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
People are praying we trade Wade because they understand he is the toughest minded Heat player when it comes to the play-offs.

Then you're telling me that LeBron James being the best player in the league is just an overblown idea?

You very well should be the mentally toughest guy in the league, let alone on your own team, if you want that title of "best player in the league".

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Heat fans and Heat lovers get so hurt over anything said about their little franchise..

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Soooooo......when is this trade going down???

SwatTeam
12-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Soooooo......when is this trade going down???

December 21, 2012.

Evolution23
12-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Wade is falling off the cliff. The Heat would be smart to do this right now.

futureman
12-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't need an injury prone player.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Now that I think about it, I don't know if the Jazz would want Wade as they already have a stud SG (Gordon Hayward) who plays hard every night, doesn't feel entitled to get every single soft touch call, and doesn't take teammates and the situation for granted.

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Now that I think about it, I don't know if the Jazz would want Wade as they already have a stud SG (Gordon Hayward) who plays hard every night, doesn't feel entitled to get every single soft touch call, and doesn't take teammates and the situation for granted.

Your trolling has really fallen off. It's obvious your trying, but the end result is not very good. I give you a C- for this attempt.

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
heat fans and heat lovers get so hurt over anything said about their little franchise..

<.500

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Your trolling has really fallen off. It's obvious your trying, but the end result is not very good. I give you a C- for this attempt.

I'm actually not trolling. Wade will have a couple of games here and there where you're like 'WOW', but it's really irritating and disappointing to see how immensely he dropped off from yr 8 to yr 9 and seeing that laissez-faire attitude on the court.

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
<.500

16 :)

mjm07
12-11-2012, 05:26 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bishnoff
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM

This.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can use emoticons. Holy demolition Batman!

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
16 :)

That has nothing to do with how awful the lakers are this year. But keep living in the past if it makes you feel better.:)

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 05:33 PM
That has nothing to do with how awful the lakers are this year. But keep living in the past if it makes you feel better.:)

Last time i checked, those 16 dont ever go away. Talk to me when your franchise is on the level of the Lake show buddy.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Heat fans and Heat lovers get so hurt over anything said about their little franchise..

They are not even really Heat fans. They are Wade fans who would rather see the Heat stick it out with Wade than to get a player that can help their team out more in Jefferson. Thats the true difference between a Wade fan and a Miami fan. Don't even get me started on all the former Cleveland fans who are now all of the sudden Miami fans. :rolleyes:

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 05:57 PM
They are not even really Heat fans. They are Wade fans who would rather see the Heat stick it out with Wade than to get a player that can help their team out more in Jefferson. Thats the true difference between a Wade fan and a Miami fan. Don't even get me started on all the former Cleveland fans who are now all of the sudden Miami fans. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Because im reading through this and not understanding why people are getting so upset about the idea of swapping these players. I dont know if I would do it, but its not far fetched..

SportsFanatic10
12-11-2012, 06:05 PM

you better hope not, because if the jazz were lucky enough to pull off that trade they'd beat the lakers in the playoffs.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 06:13 PM
you better hope not, because if the jazz were lucky enough to pull off that trade they'd beat the lakers in the playoffs.

They would be lucky to make the playoffs.

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Heat fans are the worst man... I swear

SportsFanatic10
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Heat fans are the worst man... I swear

i said it as a joke, but it was no more stupid than the post i quoted when i said it. all you insecure laker fans trying to diss wade to make kobe look good are pretty bad yourselves.

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 06:21 PM
i said it as a joke, but it was no more stupid than the post i quoted when i said it. all you insecure laker fans trying to diss wade to make kobe look good are pretty bad yourselves.

Oh ok, because i didnt say anything about Kobe.

SportsFanatic10
12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Oh ok, because i didnt say anything about Kobe.

there are plenty of laker fans in here taking their shots, and we all know the reason why.

b@llhog24
Gabrielle Union seems to be good enough.

nickdymez
there are plenty of laker fans in here taking their shots, and we all know the reason why.

Naw, we dont all know. Enlighten us.

SportsFanatic10
12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Naw, we dont all know. Enlighten us.

lol wow i really have to spell it out for you? obviously most kobe/laker fans hate wade since he is on the heat and because they feel he threatens their boy for top sg spot over the last 6 years or so. wade being better then kobe the last 3 or 4 years until so far this season has pissed them off. so they are just loving the way the beginning of this season has played out so far with wade getting off to a slow start. but hey i guess kobe looking good is the one good thing about the lakers season so far so i can see why they're enjoying it.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
lol wow i really have to spell it out for you? obviously most kobe/laker fans hate wade since he is on the heat and because they feel he threatens their boy for top sg spot over the last 6 years or so. wade being better then kobe the last 3 or 4 years until so far this season has pissed them off. so they are just loving the way the beginning of this season has played out so far with wade getting off to a slow start. but hey i guess kobe looking good is the one good thing about the lakers season so far so i can see why they're enjoying it.

I think it's the opposite. It's the Wade fans who hate Kobe because they are jealous that Kobe was able to accomplish so much in comparison.

There is always some second rate star that these Kobe/Laker haters have clinged to over the years. First it was Iverson, and Carter, then T-Mac and Allen, then Wade and Lebron. They have always wanted to be a fan of a star player on Kobe's caliber, so they would always hype up some new challenger to his throne. But alas, their would be frontrunners never matched up and that made them hate Kobe even more.

Andrew32
12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
They have always wanted to be a fan of a star player on Kobe's caliber, so they would always hype up some new challenger to his throne.
There have been many other SG's of Kobe's caliber over the years, some who have Peaked higher.

T-Mac was the best SG in 03.
Wade was the best SG in 05, 06 and 09-12.

Career wise he has bettered every other SG from this era except for Jordan and I rarely see other SG supporters say different.

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 06:55 PM

I cant speak for most Lakers fans, but I was a big Wade fan before the decision.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
There have been many other SG's of Kobe's caliber over the years, some who have Peaked higher.

T-Mac was the best SG in 03.
Wade was the best SG in 05, 06 and 09-12.

Career wise he has bettered every other SG from this era except for Jordan and I rarely see other SG supporters say different.

Your analysis just proves my point even further.

Andrew32
12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Your analysis just proves my point even further.
No... my point was that Kobe's durability and longevity are the main things that set him apart from the T-Mac and to a much lesser extent Wade's of this generation.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 07:05 PM
No... my point was that Kobe's durability and longevity are the main things that set him apart from the T-Mac and to a much lesser extent Wade's of this generation.

IMO except for 2005, Wade has never been the best sg in the NBA. This was mainly due to Kobe's injury and coach quitting half way through the season in 2005 otherwise he would have been the best. Wade has always been second banana and this year he is 3rd banana. Harden is easily better this year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
IMO except for 2005, Wade has never been the best sg in the NBA. This was mainly due to Kobe's injury and coach quitting half way through the season in 2005 otherwise he would have been the best. Wade has always been second banana and this year he is 3rd banana. Harden is easily better this year.

Yup.

Andrew32
12-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Wade put up vastly superior numbers and performances in the 2010 and 2011 regular and post seasons.
He also performed much better VS similar competition those two years and scored much higher by all advanced statistics.

Kobe has no argument against Wade those two years.

In 2009 they performed at a similar level in the playoffs but Wade had a GOAT level regular season where he performed at a level Kobe was not capable of reaching even at his absolute best.
Perhaps that year is debatable but I think Wade was better personally.

I made my argument for him for 2006 and 2012 to you recently and don't feel like making them again.

The only thing 2006 Kobe arguably did better then Wade was score and Wade was much better defensively and at everything else and imo was just as unstoppable of a scorer with his GOAT level first step and solid mid-range game.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Wade put up vastly superior numbers and performances in the 2010 and 2011 regular and post seasons.
He also performed much better VS similar competition those two years and scored much higher by all advanced statistics.

Kobe has no argument against Wade those two years.

In 2009 they performed at a similar level in the playoffs but Wade had a GOAT level regular season where he performed at a level Kobe was not capable of reaching even at his absolute best.
Perhaps that year is debatable but I don't think it is.

I made my argument for him for 2006 and 2012 to you recently and don't feel like making them again.

The only thing 2006 Kobe arguably did better then Wade was score and Wade was much better defensively and at everything else and imo was just as unstoppable of a scorer with his GOAT level first step and solid mid-range game.

So who was All-NBA first team for the 06-12 seasons again? Find me one credible poll where Wade was ranked ahead of Kobe for any season thorough 2006-2012.

Cracka2HI!
12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Jefferson and Favors for Wade. Could Miami turn that down?

Andrew32
12-11-2012, 07:30 PM
So who was All-NBA first team for the 06-12 seasons again? Find me one credible poll where Wade was ranked ahead of Kobe for any season thorough 2006-2012.

Unfortunately for you I don't see All-NBA awards as some infallible rating system that is always correct or accurate.

None of us know the broadcasters or sportswriters personally that are chosen to vote for these awards or what inherent personal biases they may have or the criteria they use (if its accurate or not) to make their selections.

At best they are just the opinions of a small group of sports fans.
At worst they are worthless awards chosen to fit the medias cash based agenda.

While I don't mind checking out the selections yearly I certainly don't look at them as some concrete evidence of anything.

Even the most furvent Kobe supports were saying Wade > Kobe after the 2006 season ended.

Even Skip Bayless was saying Wade > Kobe after that year ended.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately for you I don't see All-NBA awards as some infallible rating system that is always correct or accurate.

None of us know the broadcasters or sportswriters personally that are chosen to vote for these awards or what inherent personal biases they may have or the criteria they use (if its accurate or not) to make their selections.

At best they are just the opinions of a small group of sports fans.
At worst they are worthless awards chosen to fit the medias cash based agenda.

While I don't mind checking out the selections yearly I certainly don't look at them as some concrete evidence of anything.

Even the most furvent Kobe supports were saying Wade > Kobe after the 2006 season ended.

Even Skip Bayless was saying Wade > Kobe after that year ended.

Aw, he was doing so well. :laugh2:

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 07:36 PM

yes.

HiphopRelated
12-11-2012, 07:37 PM
They should offer it for Kobe, the Lakers are the team in need of rebuilding

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Damn, you mad brah? He's not even a Laker fan, but rather a Clipper fan.

Cracka2HI!
12-11-2012, 07:39 PM

But I wasn't trying to turn it to another Laker hater thread tho.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Realistically Kobe can't be traded. He makes WAY too much money. Like twice Wade and LeBron LOL!!

And he has a no trade clause.

justinnum1
12-11-2012, 07:53 PM
And he has a no trade clause.

There is a reason lakers are holding onto that amnesty ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
There is a reason lakers are holding onto that amnesty ;)

He's had a no trade clause since Shaq left in 2004. Nice try though.

HiphopRelated
12-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Damn, you mad brah? He's not even a Laker fan, but rather a Clipper fan.
I made a statement on the offer presented. I don't care who he is a fan of.

TylerSL
12-11-2012, 10:23 PM

:sigh: and I used to think you were a good poster......

:facepalm: myself