PDA

View Full Version : An alarming stat for the LA Lakers

NYSpirit1
12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
The Lakers are 1-9 when Kobe scores 30 or more and 8-3 when he doesn't.

Baiting aside, he needs to realize his time is over and he has a new superstar who is better then him on his roster. If he ever wants to win a 6th title, it's going to be scoring 20 a game, not 30. He's been more a chucker this year than he has been in recent years. It's apparent he just doesn't want to let go.

Historically, the Lakers have always been better when Kobe doesn't score a lot and very bad when he does. They won their titles, not because of him, but because of their big men all five times.

If they want to win again, they have to use that strategy again.

koreancabbage
12-10-2012, 12:41 PM

Baiting aside, he needs to realize his time is over and he has a new superstar who is better then him on his roster. If he ever wants to win a 6th title, it's going to be scoring 20 a game, not 30. He's been more a chucker this year than he has been in recent years. It's apparent he just doesn't want to let go.

Historically, the Lakers have always been better when Kobe doesn't score a lot and very bad when he does. They won their titles, not because of him, but because of their big men all five times.

you are an obvious troll.

he's shooting at career best in FG% and 3pt% and FT%. look before you put up **** like this. Its obvious there are chemistry issues in LA more than anything else.

LAKobeBryant
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM

he's shooting at career best in FG% and 3pt% and FT%. look before you put up **** like this. Its obvious there are chemistry issues in LA more than anything else.

I agree, but i don't know why everyone using these offence statistics. Even Kobe said its not their offence its their defence that has issues.

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 12:52 PM
lebron is like 3-6 when he records a tripple double...

NYSpirit1
12-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Kobe's been awful lately. He started with a blistering 55% from the field, but since D'Antoni got here he's been terrible.

He's getting a lot of shots, a lot of points and not involving much of anyone else. Namely Dwight Howard, who will probably leave this offseason because Kobe is one of the most unpleasant people to play with.

Slug3
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
It's clear Kobe can score still with the best of them. But maybe it's time to get Howard the ball more with more shots.

mamba24
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Lakers are scoring over 100 pts a game... That is more than enough to win. They arent playing defense. That is the problem. The only alarming stat we need to know about is their record. Kobe is shooting under 20 times a game on average lol. He's actually not chucking this year. Playing efficient ball. The Lakers lack defensive urgency.

mamba24
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
How many people here who arent Lakers fans are actually watching the games and seeing how many touches Howard is actually getting lol???

naps
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Been saying this same thing for years. It's not a coincidence that they are 1-9 when he scores 30 or more. I would love to see a career number ration for all his 30+ games. If somebody can find it I will appreciate.

mamba24
12-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Been saying this same thing for years. It's not a coincidence that they are 1-9 when he scores 30 or more. I would love to see a career number ration for all his 30+ games. If somebody can find it I will appreciate.

It's not like Kobe is scoring 30 pts and the Lakers are only scoring 80 pts a game lol. The Lakers scored 110 pts last night!! Offense is NOT the problem

The Best Around
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Kobe is putting all of his effort into offense which isn't anything new. Kobe is playing with a superstar and an all-star and is still chucking everything up. Defense is more of a problem, but they aren't going anywhere if Kobe is a hog. It's pathetic that it's at the point where Howard is lucky to be getting 10 shots a game.

MickeyMgl
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM

Baiting aside........

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

greg_ory_2005
12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
It's the defense that sucks.

Saad
12-10-2012, 01:05 PM

Not 30+ but you might find this interesting as well. Credit to Amos1er

Here is some more interesting data for you Kobe haters:

Statistics:

-- Kobe has scored 40+ points in 111 regular season games & 11 playoff games for a combined 122 games.

-- Lakers have a combined 87-35 winning record for 71% win rate both regular season and playoffs.

-- When Kobe scores 40+ points going 1889/3671 he is currently making them at a combined .515 FG% rate.

Regular Season:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have a 77-34 winning regular season record good for a 69% win rate.

-- An 82-game season would equate that as a 57-25 regular season record.

-- Kobe has made 1717/3356 shots good for a .512 FG% for the season.

Playoffs:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have an 10-1 winning playoff record good for 91% win rate in the playoffs.

-- Kobe has made 172/315 shots good for a .546 FG% in the Playoffs.

dnewguy
12-10-2012, 01:06 PM
lebron is like 3-6 when he records a tripple double...

Miami is 0-5 when more than 5 plays are run for Wade.

NYSpirit1
12-10-2012, 01:09 PM

Here is some more interesting data for you Kobe haters:

Statistics:

-- Kobe has scored 40+ points in 111 regular season games & 11 playoff games for a combined 122 games.

-- Lakers have a combined 87-35 winning record for 71% win rate both regular season and playoffs.

-- When Kobe scores 40+ points going 1889/3671 he is currently making them at a combined .515 FG% rate.

Regular Season:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have a 77-34 winning regular season record good for a 69% win rate.

-- An 82-game season would equate that as a 57-25 regular season record.

-- Kobe has made 1717/3356 shots good for a .512 FG% for the season.

Playoffs:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have an 10-1 winning playoff record good for 91% win rate in the playoffs.

-- Kobe has made 172/315 shots good for a .546 FG% in the Playoffs.

That's 40 plus. Not 30 plus. Most teams don't lose when they have someone getting 40+.

Big, big difference.

beliges
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Very simple answer to this question. When Kobe is forced to score 30+ it means his teammates aren't contributing on.offense. basically means.he has to take it upon himself to keep the team in the game. Right now with Pay out, there is not another player on that team that can score consistently. And especially playing under this system, there is a severe lack of offensive execution. Dwight has been a huge disappointment thus far. He needs to step up and help Kobe a bit because Kobe simply cannot do it all by himself anymore like he used to.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
in all honesty, it doesnt matter how many he scores. thats not the issue, its their defense and help defense which is atrocious.

thats why i was laughin my az off when people said by pluggin in howard the lakers defense will magically be fixed. thats how you distinguish betweens someones knowledge of the game and someone that talks out of their az.

anyways, its their team defense, nothing to do with kobe taking shots, although questionable at times, they have won 5 championships with him playing like that, so that obviously isn't the only variable thats in play.

MickeyMgl
12-10-2012, 01:12 PM

In his career, the Lakers are 258-136 (.655) when Bryant scores 30+ points. They are 77-37 (.675) when he scores 40+ points. So given this analysis, they'll do better if he scores even more. :eyebrow:

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Very simple answer to this question. When Kobe is forced to score 30+ it means his teammates aren't contributing on.offense. basically means.he has to take it upon himself to keep the team in the game. Right now with Pay out, there is not another player on that team that can score consistently. And especially playing under this system, there is a severe lack of offensive execution. Dwight has been a huge disappointment thus far. He needs to step up and help Kobe a bit because Kobe simply cannot do it all by himself anymore like he used to.

bad excuse.

its not their team mates because i saw plenty of times howard asking for the ball with great post position.

its the coach's fault for not running plays and just iso-ing kobe with a few pick and rolls.

dont blame teammates when kobe asks for the ball all the time. thats not fair.

XJW18
12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Its all kobe's fault!!!!

:facepalm:

Saad
That's 40 plus. Not 30 plus. Most teams don't lose when they have someone getting 40+.

Big, big difference.

I said that in the post but ok. I'm not sure if you actually watch Laker's games or just follow the box score. But from my perspective, Kobe only goes for 30+ when they are behind and no one else can buy a bucket. Pretty sure stats would show the teams FG% overall other than Kobe. This stat was already discussed in the Laker Forum and something that was said was

correlation does not imply causation

-Kobe24-TJ19-
STFU you dummy.

Kobe is having one of the better seasons of his career.

Chucker??? LMFAO He is 2nd in WS and his ORtg is 118 while your glorious idol Carmelo Anthony is on 110.

If Kobe is a chucker Melo must be a way worse chucker than Kobe.

Seriously close this thread, this guy makes the most idiotic threads in PSD.:facepalm::facepalm:

Saad
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
bad excuse.

its not their team mates because i saw plenty of times howard asking for the ball with great post position.

its the coach's fault for not running plays and just iso-ing kobe with a few pick and rolls.

dont blame teammates when kobe asks for the ball all the time. thats not fair.

And then how many times did you see Dwight pass the ball back out of the post? One play he got the ball. Dribbled half heartedly without even trying to back Jefferson down and just passed it back out. :confused:

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
How many people here who arent Lakers fans are actually watching the games and seeing how many touches Howard is actually getting lol???They don't watch the games. The games are so late on the East Coast, they're all asleep by then. They wake up the next morning and check the boxscore of the unwatched Laker game and then make threads on PSD NBA Forum.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-10-2012, 01:19 PM
And then how many times did you see Dwight pass the ball back out of the post? One play he got the ball. Dribbled half heartedly without even trying to back Jefferson down and just passed it back out. :confused:

a few. but that doesnt mean you shun the guy the whole game, thats not fair.

thats how you become predictable as a team. howard is very limited in the post, but they need him to be involved more to be unpredictable on offense. but offense really isnt the issue.. its the team defense.

mamba24
12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
They don't watch the games. The games are so late on the East Coast, they're all asleep by then. They wake up the next morning and check the boxscore of the unwatched Laker game and then make threads on PSD NBA Forum.

Im glad someone else saw what I was saying haha

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
And then how many times did you see Dwight pass the ball back out of the post? One play he got the ball. Dribbled half heartedly without even trying to back Jefferson down and just passed it back out. :confused:Not to mentioned he got stripped 3 or 4 times alone on his post touches. But yet, nobody cares to mention that.

MickeyMgl
12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I said that in the post but ok. I'm not sure if you actually watch Laker's games or just follow the box score. But from my perspective, Kobe only goes for 30+ when they are behind and no one else can buy a bucket. Pretty sure stats would show the teams FG% overall other than Kobe. This stat was already discussed in the Laker Forum and something that was said was

Illustrating your point, the Lakers were down 8-0 before Bryant took his first shot against the Jazz. Doesn't seem like his scoring points was the problem.

Saad
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
a few. but that doesnt mean you shun the guy the whole game, thats not fair.

thats how you become predictable as a team. howard is very limited in the post, but they need him to be involved more to be unpredictable on offense. but offense really isnt the issue.. its the team defense.

I dont think Dwight is very limited, but I think he just needs to be more aggressive at times. Kobe is not going to be able to get him the ball at perfect spots all the time. He isnt that player. So Dwight needs to nut up and improvise. But even then. The defense is what bothers me the most. We can't just rely on outscoring teams every time.

Baller1
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
The defense is the problem, not the offense. Although Kobe does need to get others more involved, mainly Dwight.

D'Antoni... :pity:

Stinkyoutsider
12-10-2012, 01:26 PM
I would be in agreement that Howard needed the ball more if he could make free throws imo...

The Lakers' problem is defense. Howard yelling at Kobe for not rotating onto his man and other defensive breakdowns. I'm not sure what kind of defense D'Antoni is attempting to run but I thought it was interesting that basically Howard's assignment is to guard the rim and not worry about his man. Let his man move all over the place into different positions and assume someone else will pick up your man.

Baller1
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM

This is completely irrelevant. That's like saying "when the Lakers score more than 130 points, they win more games". Well yeah, no ****... But it doesn't happen often enough to matter.

30 points is a lot different than 40+.

bootleg42
12-10-2012, 01:31 PM
The defense is the problem, not the offense. Although Kobe does need to get others more involved, mainly Dwight.

I agree, though D'Antoni's system works best when the scoring is spread around. It's going to be interesting if Nash can come back to his old self in the system and get other involved.

D'Antoni's may not be a defense guy, but he's a PG guy. Jeremy Lin turned into a star while in the system, then went back to earth when D'Antoni left.

Though I don't see how anyone can deny that Kobe can ball hog. It is true that the titles he won was due to big men doing work along with Kobe scoring.

ztilzer31
12-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I agree the overall post is stupid, but he makes a good point. 1-8 when he scores more than 30... That's pretty alarming.

Pluvious
12-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Yeah. There are a lot of issues with the Lakers. Ball movement on offense is one that has gotten much worse lately though. Milsap actually commented on it after this last game saying how easy it was to guard them because they did not move the ball...and ended up mostly shooting 3's.

Pluvious
12-10-2012, 01:40 PM
in all honesty, it doesnt matter how many he scores. thats not the issue, its their defense and help defense which is atrocious.

No, its both. They just are not playing as a team on either end of the floor.

tripleplay2007
12-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Lol @ Lakers fans getting mad.

Chronz
12-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Splits arent alarming stats to me.

Pluvious
12-10-2012, 01:49 PM

The last 5 games the best they've managed is 45% shooting. Also with lots of turnovers. That is bad offense. Their defense has been even worse though. Its both.

naps
12-10-2012, 01:49 PM

How funny is this? Every time Kobe chucks he's forced to do that. I have been hearing that excuse for years now. Apparently, Kobe never had good teammates because he's always been forced to take gazillion shots :rolleyes:

It still doesn't change the fact that Lakers are 1-9 when he goes with the me-first mentality. They win games when they involve their bigmen. It's been proved over the years. Simple as that. It's not just about total team points. May be getting involved in the offense more encourages the bigs to play better defense. So in turns, the team as a whole play a much better game on both ends. Therefore, it nets them wins.

naps
12-10-2012, 01:54 PM

How often do you see a team lose when a player goes for 40? Going for 40 means you are lighting it up most of the time and being efficient. But chucking up a lot of shots and scoring 30+ happens a lot. So it's not the same. I wanna see all his 30 point games ration and how that fare with Lakers average winning % over those years. Anyone?

mamba24
12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
How funny is this? Every time Kobe chucks he's forced to do that. I have been hearing that excuse for years now. Apparently, Kobe never had good teammates because he's always been forced to take gazillion shots :rolleyes:

It still doesn't change the fact that Lakers are 1-9 when he goes with the me-first mentality. They win games when they involve their bigmen. It's been proved over the years. Simple as that. It's not just about total team points. May be getting involved in the offense more encourages the bigs to play better defense. So in turns, the team as a whole play a much better game on both ends. Therefore, it nets them wins.

He "chucks" when his team gives him the ball with 7 seconds or less on the shot clock lol. you look at box scores more than watching the Lakers play obviously

koreancabbage
12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Lol @ Lakers fans getting mad.

noone is getting mad. when a Knicks fan puts up ill-informed thread about the Lakers woes, it just incites how ridiculous this thread is going to be.

Baller1
12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
He "chucks" when his team gives him the ball with 7 seconds or less on the shot clock lol. you look at box scores more than watching the Lakers play obviously

I live in LA, and watch at least 75% of Laker games. That's just a copout... Kobe has been quietly falling right back down to his mean averages, and it's because he's shooting too much again.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 02:04 PM
He "chucks" when his team gives him the ball with 7 seconds or less on the shot clock lol. you look at box scores more than watching the Lakers play obviouslyI already told you that during Laker home games, all these East Coast 10 yr olds have already gone sleepy bye.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 02:05 PM
STFU you dummy.

Kobe is having one of the better seasons of his career.

Chucker??? LMFAO He is 2nd in WS and his ORtg is 118 while your glorious idol Carmelo Anthony is on 110.

If Kobe is a chucker Melo must be a way worse chucker than Kobe.

Seriously close this thread, this guy makes the most idiotic threads in PSD.:facepalm::facepalm:

Melo has nothing to do with the thread. Keep on topic, Yes it is a horrible thread that makes no sense.

Pluvious
12-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I live in LA, and watch at least 75% of Laker games. That's just a copout... Kobe has been quietly falling right back down to his mean averages, and it's because he's shooting too much again.

Actually, early in the season he was going more towards the hoop and getting mostly good shots. He also seemed to have more lift to me. Both those things have changed recently and may relate to some of the team problems. Kobe was keeping the team a bit together with his more efficient play...despite the obvious problems.

Baller1
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Actually, early in the season he was going more towards the hoop and getting mostly good shots. He also seemed to have more lift to me. Both those things have changed recently and may relate to some of the team problems. Kobe was keeping the team a bit together with his more efficient play...despite the obvious problems.

I agree that he was great to start the season. What I meant was that he's starting to come back to his normal self, which is high volume scoring and mediocre efficiency.

The excuse for why he's shooting so much that the other guy used was just that, an excuse.

albertajaysfan
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM

Big, big difference.

Don't see you posting any stats.

nickdymez
12-10-2012, 02:18 PM
They don't watch the games. The games are so late on the East Coast, they're all asleep by then. They wake up the next morning and check the boxscore of the unwatched Laker game and then make threads on PSD NBA Forum.

Exactly!

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Kobes numbers won't stay that high, he will be back around 43-46% by the end.

JesusWears24
12-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Dwight gets the ball! He needs to make freethrows before he gets more touches

The Best Around
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I already told you that during Laker home games, all these East Coast 10 yr olds have already gone sleepy bye.

And also some people wake up early because there's a thing called work and not all of us can/should reasonably stay up until 1AM to watch mediocre basketball.

The Lakers & Heat are on TV enough at all times that anyone with a remote interest in basketball can get a dose of them. You don't have to watch every single second to be qualified to analyze it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
And also some people wake up early because there's a thing called work and not all of us can/should reasonably stay up until 1AM to watch mediocre basketball.

Mediocre this season, but past seasons even, you guys weren't blessed enough to see the Lakers at their best during the Shaq-Kobe and Kobe-Gasol eras. So don't even give me that excuse.

And if you even watched any Laker games in the past, you'd probably know what type of injury-prone player you were getting in that 4 team deal.

Ill21
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Miami is 0-5 when more than 5 plays are run for Wade.

huh?

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
bottom line is lakers have a bunch of problems, most can be fixed but for a team with kobe and dwight and pau, anything under .500 is sad.

Vinylman
12-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Kobe is putting all of his effort into offense which isn't anything new. Kobe is playing with a superstar and an all-star and is still chucking everything up. Defense is more of a problem, but they aren't going anywhere if Kobe is a hog. It's pathetic that it's at the point where Howard is lucky to be getting 10 shots a game.

he is?

an 85% D12 and who is this all star you speak of? a past his prime Gasol or that guy who has played 1 game this year?

oh wait... nevermind you must be talking about Artest since he was once an all star a 100 years ago :rolleyes:

Anyway, raw numbers show kobe's shot attempts per minute, per game, etc... are down roughly 15% versus last year...

this doesn't even factor in pace wherein the lakers are 4th this year at 93.9 versus 20th last year at 90.5

so yeah... thanks again for you wonderful PSD analysis :rolleyes:

yoseppii12
12-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I think once Nash comes back, things will change. Most people neglect the fact that both their starting and backup PGs are out. That is the most important position on a basketball team (or player that acts like one ala brings the ball up and distributes the ball). I think once Nash comes back, if he plays well, which I'm assuming he does, that things will be fine for D12 in terms of offensive production. D12's usage should go up while Kobe's will dimish. Right now, Kobe gets more looks because he's the only guard with any brains out there.

In terms of defense, Idk where and when that will come. D'Antoni isn't and has never been none for having strong defensive teams. Unfortunate that he has the best defensive player in the league and they are still doing this poor. Time will tell.

Frankly, I think they are just taking time adjusting. Miami did this, faster, but still needed time. It's also easier for Miami because they have LBJ, which is probably the easiest guy in the league to put a team around. D12 and Kobe are a little different, so it naturally should take longer.

Vinylman
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM

might have something to do with his minutes climbing to ridiculous levels since the Lakers have been playing him at the 1 2 and 3 with all the injuries...

The Best Around
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Mediocre this season, but past seasons even, you guys weren't blessed enough to see the Lakers at their best during the Shaq-Kobe and Kobe-Gasol eras. So don't even give me that excuse.

And if you even watched any Laker games in the past, you'd probably know what type of injury-prone player you were getting in that 4 team deal.

What? Obviously I saw Shaq-Kobe and Kobe-Gasol. First one were great times, second pairing wasn't anything special (unless you were a Laker fan). I don't need to watch 82 games to pass judgment. What does this have to do with anything?

Are you talking about Bynum with the injury-prone? I knew he was injury-prone and it was a risky move that is still paying off in other ways (aka Iguodala is gone so Holiday and Turner can breath). You wouldn't even need to watch basketball to know that.

8kobe24
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
What? Obviously I saw Shaq-Kobe and Kobe-Gasol. First one were great times, second pairing wasn't anything special (unless you were a Laker fan). I don't need to watch 82 games to pass judgment. What does this have to do with anything?

Are you talking about Bynum with the injury-prone? I knew he was injury-prone and it was a risky move that is still paying off in other ways (aka Iguodala is gone so Holiday and Turner can breath). You wouldn't even need to watch basketball to know that.

Back to back championships are pretty special IMO.

Vinylman
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
How often do you see a team lose when a player goes for 40? Going for 40 means you are lighting it up most of the time and being efficient. But chucking up a lot of shots and scoring 30+ happens a lot. So it's not the same. I wanna see all his 30 point games ration and how that fare with Lakers average winning % over those years. Anyone?

it has already been posted but you just seem to ignore this fact because it doesn't fit your preordained beliefs...

keep trolling it is highly entertaining :clap:

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 03:08 PM
it has already been posted but you just seem to ignore this fact because it doesn't fit your preordained beliefs...

Not really, it's just played out and bland at this point.

Vinylman
12-10-2012, 03:08 PM

classic!

Enjoy that roster... it will definitely get you to the promiseland :facepalm:

Vinylman
12-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Not really, it's just played out and bland at this point.

oh absolutely...

but they are like the pimply faced loser who thinks he is gonna get laid for the first time and then realizes he blew his load before he could get his zipper down...

b@llhog24
12-10-2012, 03:12 PM

It's a beautiful sight to watch huh? :)

The Lakers & Heat are on TV enough at all times that anyone with a remote interest in basketball can get a dose of them. You don't have to watch every single second to be qualified to analyze it.

This.

You're saying this as if his opinion mattered in getting Bynum.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 03:15 PM
It's a beautiful sight to watch huh? :)

You're saying this as if his opinion mattered in getting Bynum.

You know he's still shooting 48% front he field, 40% from 3 and 87% from the line while leading in scoring at 28.6 PPG to go along with 5 boards, 5 dimes and 1.7 SPG ?

And yes, that is a good point about the Bynum thing. llullz.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
oh absolutely...

but they are like the pimply faced loser who thinks he is gonna get laid for the first time and then realizes he blew his load before he could get his zipper down...

You really shouldn't insult those poor kids by mentioning them in the same breath as him. Please apologize to those 50 Million kids in America who suffer from dry skin and acne right now!

b@llhog24
12-10-2012, 03:22 PM
You know he's still shooting 48% front he field, 40% from 3 and 87% from the line while leading in scoring at 28.6 PPG to go along with 5 boards, 5 dimes and 1.7 SPG ?

And yes, that is a good point about the Bynum thing. llullz.

Yea. His counting stats are going up but his efficiency is slowly slipping away. Still a top 5 player this season, but for how long is what I'm really interested in.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Yea. His counting stats are going up but his efficiency is slowly slipping away. Still a top 5 player this season, but for how long is what I'm really interested in.

I think he'll finish the season about 47% from the field, 37% from 3 and 86% from the line averaging close to 26 PPG by season's end. Those are still all above his career shooting percentages and still pretty damn good for a guy in his 17th season.

b@llhog24
12-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I think he'll finish the season about 47% from the field, 37% from 3 and 86% from the line averaging close to 26 PPG by season's end. Those are still all above his career shooting percentages and still pretty damn good for a guy in his 17th season.

No doubt, the fact that it's even a discussion is why he's one of the all time greats.

J4KOP99
12-10-2012, 03:34 PM
This is such a meaningless stat. The more alarming stat is that the Lakers are now 0-10 when they trail after 3 quarters. That's pathetic.

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 03:37 PM
This is such a meaningless stat. The more alarming stat is that the Lakers are now 0-10 when they trail after 3 quarters. That's pathetic.

Yea it is. It's as if mike d is just sitting waiting for his unicorn to return from.

Sly Guy
12-10-2012, 03:44 PM

well put. Please check the obvious stat categories to substantiate your claims before posting. Or you'll get replies like these. Kthxbye

chinakobefan
12-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Use your brains, people! The Lakers lose when Kobe scores 30+ points because that means he's getting very little help offensively and has to shoulder the load on his own. Anyone who has watched these games can figure that out. In those particular games, if he wasn't scoring so much, they would be getting blown out.

Kobe2324
12-10-2012, 03:58 PM
this thread is so off base it's crazy, he is shooting career highs in every category, and the games he is scoring over 30 is because he has to bail them out for playing like ****. I love Dwight, im glad we have him but his post game is god awful and if anything Kobe should be shooting more with how bad the offense looks, but hes trying tog et the team involved and they just arent doing their part. Hopefully Nash will make a dif but the D is so bad!

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Use your brains, people! The Lakers lose when Kobe scores 30+ points because that means he's getting very little help offensively and has to shoulder the load on his own. Anyone who has watched these games can figure that out. In those particular games, if he wasn't scoring so much, they would be getting blown out.

lakers problem is not scoring. they have bo problems scoring. they cant defend for ****. They have the DPOY on their team and they are not even a top 10 defensive team.

dwight+jameer, richadrson, anderson and turkey boy was a top 5 defense,
dwight+rashard, turkey boy, jameer and lee was a top 3 defense

dwight+kobe, pau or antwan, artest, duhon, is ranked #15.

and nash is not going to improve the defense.

Zefflin
12-10-2012, 04:03 PM

^^Watches laker basketball, OP obviously barely watches basketball.

AddiX
12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Come on lakers and Kobe fans...

You have to geat least a little conceded about kobes love for shooting the ball and the effect on the rest of The team.

It's not like Kobe is playing with smush Parker types anymore. Share The ball.

Sssmush
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Kobe's been awful lately. He started with a blistering 55% from the field, but since D'Antoni got here he's been terrible.

He's getting a lot of shots, a lot of points and not involving much of anyone else. Namely Dwight Howard, who will probably leave this offseason because Kobe is one of the most unpleasant people to play with.

The Lakers haven't got it together, but you can feel them coming like a slow train down the tracks. They ain't moving fast yet, but man they are heavy, and when they get here, they will be crushing teams.

The KNICKS on the other hand, are mostly a bunch of lightweights, with mediocre Felton, uncoachable Felton, inconsistent Chandler, injured Amare and ridiculous preening prima dona Carmelo Anthony.

So, enjoy the little hot-run the Knicks are having now, because we ALL know, everyone in this forum and basically every basketball fan in America, that come Spring, nobody will be worried about the Knicks at all.

nickdymez
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM

Naps is a very accomplished Laker Troll.. He's pretty much the king of Trolling.

nickdymez
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Come on lakers and Kobe fans...

You have to geat least a little conceded about kobes love for shooting the ball and the effect on the rest of The team.

It's not like Kobe is playing with smush Parker types anymore. Share The ball.

Again, you may need to watch more to be able to make this accusation.

--23--
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Honestly from the games i watched the reason he's scoring 30 pts is to bail his team out from a hole. If Dwight and Gasol become aggressive in the post he wouldn't have to do this nearly every game.

and their team defense needs some work.

naps
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM

You obviously won't ever stop making excuses. It's become a cliche for Kobe fans to say this "You don't watch him play." Reaching...

naps
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM

It has? May be I missed it. I saw all 40+ point games. 30+ point games doesn't mean 40+ point games. Help me with that post please. And I want a link as well for the source. Thanks. Don't get mad.

naps
12-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Naps is a very accomplished Laker Troll.. He's pretty much the king of Trolling.

Yeah because you can't refute what I say.

nickdymez
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah because you can't refute what I say.

trolololllolol

naps
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
trolololllolol

Exactly, you just proved what I said. Well done!

The Best Around
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Back to back championships are pretty special IMO.

Back-to-back championships is special, but what I meant is that in history people won't go "remember back in the day when Kobe and Gasol were on a team". It won't be remembered like Kobe/Shaq, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili, MJ/Pippen, Celtics Trio, Heat Trio, etc.

Baller1
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
The Lakers haven't got it together, but you can feel them coming like a slow train down the tracks. They ain't moving fast yet, but man they are heavy, and when they get here, they will be crushing teams.

The KNICKS on the other hand, are mostly a bunch of lightweights, with mediocre Felton, uncoachable Felton, inconsistent Chandler, injured Amare and ridiculous preening prima dona Carmelo Anthony.

So, enjoy the little hot-run the Knicks are having now, because we ALL know, everyone in this forum and basically every basketball fan in America, that come Spring, nobody will be worried about the Knicks at all.

I haven't seen anything from the Lakers to make me think they're a slow moving train that will start crushing teams when they get it together.

From what I've seen, they're just a slow moving train.

beliges
12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Well this forum is divided by people who actually watch the games and make informed posts and those who dont watch the games and make dumb posts. Its very obvious where each poster lies.

THE MTL
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
When Kobe scores >30pts, it is because he has to do it because the rest of his team isnt providing help which is the reason why they lose

b@llhog24
12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
When Kobe scores >30pts, it is because he has to do it because the rest of his team isnt providing help which is the reason why they lose

Lol aren't you the guy that says Love puts up empty stats because when he scores 30 the team loses?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Back-to-back championships is special, but what I meant is that in history people won't go "remember back in the day when Kobe and Gasol were on a team". It won't be remembered like Kobe/Shaq, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili, MJ/Pippen, Celtics Trio, Heat Trio, etc.

Of course it'll be remembered. It's part of freakin Lakers history man. How can people overlook that? 95% of everything Laker related is remembered and stands out among NBA galore. Everything positive and negative about the team will be remembered. That's just the way it is.

People will always remember when Kobe wanted out of Los Angeles with the bipolar "trade me, don't trade me" tirade, and what kept his butt in LA was Pau Gasol.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I haven't seen anything from the Lakers to make me think they're a slow moving train that will start crushing teams when they get it together.

From what I've seen, they're just a slow moving train.

That's on the verge of wrecking if Steve Nash doesn't prove to be the "savior" that Mike D'Antoni is hoping for. :faint:

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
hmm they need to play some scrub teams to help build on something

Baller1
12-10-2012, 05:31 PM
That's on the verge of wrecking if Steve Nash doesn't prove to be the "savior" that Mike D'Antoni is hoping for. :faint:

He'll for sure help, but defense will still be a problem. D'Antoni is gonna have to figure something out on that end soon.

Byronicle
12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
maybe when the team is losing, they have to rely on kobe to bring them back to the game

J4KOP99
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
The perimeter defense in the half-court will continue to be a problem, Nash will start getting guys open and taking good shots. This will in turn help the Lakers with their terrible transition defense. Right now, everyone is taking 3's, which create long rebounds and help the opposition get out in transition. Nash will also help cut down on turnovers which will also help the transition defense.

Now that the guys won't be running up and down the court and a ridiculous pace because of their horrible offensive inconsistencies and shot selection, they will have more energy for half-court defense.

They will still struggle against great teams, though. OKC, Miami, and a few others have a number of "edges" on the Lakers. I'm not so sure that even with a healthy Nash, the Lakers will be able to overcome some of these troubles.

He will, however, make them much better.

naps
12-10-2012, 05:47 PM
:facepalm:

help yourself troll

i ain't your *****... but yours is on her knees in front of me right now

Oh so you can't because it's not there. Somebody posted all 40 point game results (And that's without any link btw) while I asked for 30 point games. Don't get mad because I asked a legitimate question that requires an answer with a link because that answer might hurt your feelings. It's not my fault. Be adult enough to handle what comes at you before you enter an internet forum.

hidalgo
12-10-2012, 05:47 PM
i predicted this, that Kobe would make sure to avg a ton of points, instead of letting Dwight avg 20+, & Nash to get 10+ ast per game. watch when Nash comes back there's no way in hell he averages more than 7 APG because ball hog boy won't allow it. this was the easiest prediction of all time. i'd leave if i was Dwight, instead of watching Kobe go 1 on 5 every game

LakersSaintsLSU
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM

I say at least 25...if he get's 30 it should only be in the flow not forcing the issue

mamba24
12-10-2012, 06:14 PM
You obviously won't ever stop making excuses. It's become a cliche for Kobe fans to say this "You don't watch him play." Reaching...

I'm not reaching at all. If you watch Kobe right now, he comes outta the box and kinda measures the other teams. He waits to see how theyre playing. Waits to see how his team is reacting. He doesnt start shooting a little more till the 2nd half. Kobe is averaging 8 fga's in the first half... averaging 11 fga's in the second half. The other interesting stat... When his team (outside of his own stats) is shooting above 45% in games Kobe averages 4 less shots per game. He is a willing passer. More than willing to spread the ball around if guys are actually doing their jobs.

3RDASYSTEM
12-10-2012, 06:20 PM
he is?

an 85% D12 and who is this all star you speak of? a past his prime Gasol or that guy who has played 1 game this year?

oh wait... nevermind you must be talking about Artest since he was once an all star a 100 years ago :rolleyes:

Anyway, raw numbers show kobe's shot attempts per minute, per game, etc... are down roughly 15% versus last year...

this doesn't even factor in pace wherein the lakers are 4th this year at 93.9 versus 20th last year at 90.5

so yeah... thanks again for you wonderful PSD analysis :rolleyes:

85PCT of HOWARD is better than the ANDREW who shouldabeen a bowler BYNUM for LA or no?

that same GASOL who sparked yall last 3peat run to nab 2titles from that and he almost landed a FINALS MVP, and now he's washed up? well **** i imagine so with all that mixed in with 2 olympic runs...yea washed up i guess

Yea ARTEST was once a allstar just like KOBE was once a backupguard,so what does that mean? how can ARTEST be just so ****ing garbage avg from being a 1time allstar and now KOBE is allmighty and high from his backup role to being a starter(he was a allstar starter before starting on LA squad)

you fiens amaze me
KOBE got drafted to a stacked squad and rode the bench for yrs and now is on a stacked squad and calling people out, how did a backup player get so much clout? i forgot, 5rings

KOBES scores to make himself look good, not the squad
if he would have carried that 05-07 squad deep in playoffs then i would look at him diff. individual wise, hes a winner(team/org) no doubt, just look how he told NETS/HORNETS to go to somewhere else, frontrunner winner indeed

because having WILT your first 8yrs then needing another no1 option in GASOL to keep you in LA is indeed the mindframe of a backup turned starter...no franchise player acts or thinks that way

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
85PCT of HOWARD is better than the ANDREW who shouldabeen a bowler BYNUM for LA or no?

that same GASOL who sparked yall last 3peat run to nab 2titles from that and he almost landed a FINALS MVP, and now he's washed up? well **** i imagine so with all that mixed in with 2 olympic runs...yea washed up i guess

Yea ARTEST was once a allstar just like KOBE was once a backupguard,so what does that mean? how can ARTEST be just so ****ing garbage avg from being a 1time allstar and now KOBE is allmighty and high from his backup role to being a starter(he was a allstar starter before starting on LA squad)

you fiens amaze me
KOBE got drafted to a stacked squad and rode the bench for yrs and now is on a stacked squad and calling people out, how did a backup player get so much clout? i forgot, 5rings

KOBES scores to make himself look good, not the squad
if he would have carried that 05-07 squad deep in playoffs then i would look at him diff. individual wise, hes a winner(team/org) no doubt, just look how he told NETS/HORNETS to go to somewhere else, frontrunner winner indeed

because having WILT your first 8yrs then needing another no1 option in GASOL to keep you in LA is indeed the mindframe of a backup turned starter...no franchise player acts or thinks that way
And on top of that, he began his career as the backup singer to Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel. He will always be the player that he was in his first 3 yrs since that is the gold standard. He is a backup guard turned starter via the LA media Hype and Big Market. Not SHAQ/AI/LEBRON/MJ/MAGIC began their careers as backups. They were the man to begin with and had a great start to their first 3 yrs in the league.

Seriously, I agree with you, these KOBE FIENS are delusional. :facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm what most would call a Kobe 'hater' (though I think hate is too strong a word, I just don't like his approach to the game). That said... how much he scores, really doesn't impact the game. What impacts the game is how much his teammates score. The Lakers aren't shooting very well from the floor. Kobe is shooting .482 from the floor... his shooting isn't the issue. He scores big on those nights because his teammates aren't. There are 15 guys on LAL's roster so far thsi season, 9 of them are shooting .420 or less. That's pathetic. Now perhaps part of it is that they aren't getting involved enough and they need more shots to shoot consistently. That is more of a coaching issue to be frank. 'Antoni has to draw up plays that work for other players, the thing is, Nash is out (and so is Blake) so he's short on PG, and he's especially short on the one PG who got him a repuation as a good coach is on the bench. 'Antoni wins games when Nash is making all the choices.

Is the fact that Kobe has had to score 30+ on a number of occassions a sympton? or a cause? In the past, like when Shaq was on the team and Kobe was shooting .433 or less, then yes, it was a problem, but Kobe has won championships shooting at lower percentages and higher shots in the past. Right now he is shooting a career high from the floor, and his shots-per game are at their second lowest total since 2001!

3RDASYSTEM
12-10-2012, 07:06 PM
And on top of that, he began his career as the backup singer to Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel. He will always be the player that he was in his first 3 yrs since that is the gold standard. He is a backup guard turned starter via the LA media Hype and Big Market. Not SHAQ/AI/LEBRON/MJ/MAGIC began their careers as backups. They were the man to begin with and had a great start to their first 3 yrs in the league.

Seriously, I agree with you, these KOBE FIENS are delusional. :facepalm:

I know it just burns the core of you fiens to put this in perspective because us circle of players over here just laugh and laugh

tru story also: players in the nba called him a 'wannabeJORDAN' ...actual nba players, not media or fairweather or fanatical fans, actual players....circa early 2000's

wat backupguard-singer puts up 7ppg as a rookie? that sound like a ****ing backup to the backup type ****, oh **** it was because he was backing up JONES/EXEL, so he was his ownbackup to himself,nice

15ppg, is that allstar starter worthy for shootingguard? is that even worthy of starting for reg. season squad? are those franchiseguard type numbers?

he went from 7 to 15ppg, how in the hell can he not start? thats like the biggest improvement ever in league history,damn you WEST/HARRIS for not starting him from day1,the top 5 player ever..what a bunch of bball dummies over there in that front office

19ppg in his 3rd season - 1999
28ppg in his 4th season - 2000
then by 2003 some media folk and all his fiens say he is the best in nba, after 7 long grueling challenging yrs,which half were as a backup role....we still laughing over here

avg player career is 5yrs in pro sports pretty much... if it takes you 7-10yrs to figure out how good a player is then dont be mad at me because it takes me 1-3yrs proball, i can pretty much tell when they in college/highschool how good they are and pretty much will be, KOBE is no diff.,hes not on no pedestal, hes a copygimmick of JORDAN, nothing transcending about that or his game/style...only from lakerfiens as they say 'hes the closest thing to JORDAN', like no **** right, he completely took his ID/game...go ask JON BARRY, i know you fiens caught that quote right?

like i said,he was a scorer from day1, and still rode the bench behind good players, so what that make him, a superduperstar or a avg player working to get good? help me out KB-PAU-D1

what makes him any diff. from his backupdays til his starting days now? nothing but 'minutes played' or am i missing something

what makes him any diff. from demanding he dont go to NETS/HORNETS to him demanding he go to BULLS 8-9yrs later? why did KOBE do same thing HOWARD(demand trade/diss org.) did but got a pass for it and HOWARD go destroyed via media?

why KOBE get all the praise for wins/rings but none for losing? not only is he the JETER of NBA, he also becoming the BRADY of it,BRADY same way lately, all credit for regseason/sb wins, no blame for losing saying its all on them

JayW_1023
12-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I rather see Kobe get his 30 on open looks and kick outs (and in the low post) than him pulling up for ridiculous fade aways with two guys challenging.

That's just bad decision making, which he has reverted to way too often these days. I'm starting to believe only Phil Jackson demands enough respect for Kobe to get in line with a team concept.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I know it just burns the core of you fiens to put this in perspective because us circle of players over here just laugh and laugh

tru story also: players in the nba called him a 'wannabeJORDAN' ...actual nba players, not media or fairweather or fanatical fans, actual players....circa early 2000's

wat backupguard-singer puts up 7ppg as a rookie? that sound like a ****ing backup to the backup type ****, oh **** it was because he was backing up JONES/EXEL, so he was his ownbackup to himself,nice

15ppg, is that allstar starter worthy for shootingguard? is that even worthy of starting for reg. season squad? are those franchiseguard type numbers?

he went from 7 to 15ppg, how in the hell can he not start? thats like the biggest improvement ever in league history,damn you WEST/HARRIS for not starting him from day1,the top 5 player ever..what a bunch of bball dummies over there in that front office

then by 2003 some media folk and all his fiens say he is the best in nba, after 7 long grueling challenging yrs,which half were as a backup role....we still laughing over here

avg player career is 5yrs in pro sports pretty much... if it takes you 7-10yrs to figure out how good a player is then dont be mad at me because it takes me 1-3yrs proball, i can pretty much tell when they in college/highschool how good they are and pretty much will be, KOBE is no diff.,hes not on no pedestal, hes a copygimmick of JORDAN, nothing transcending about that or his game/style...only from lakerfiens as they say 'hes the closest thing to JORDAN', like no **** right, he completely took his ID/game...go ask JON BARRY, i know you fiens caught that quote right?

like i said,he was a scorer from day1, and still rode the bench behind good players, so what that make him, a superduperstar or a avg player working to get good? help me out KB-PAU-D1

what makes him any diff. from his backupdays til his starting days now? nothing but 'minutes played' or am i missing something

what makes him any diff. from demanding he dont go to NETS/HORNETS to him demanding he go to BULLS 8-9yrs later? why did KOBE do same thing HOWARD(demand trade/diss org.) did but got a pass for it and HOWARD go destroyed via media?

why KOBE get all the praise for wins/rings but none for losing? not only is he the JETER of NBA, he also becoming the BRADY of it,BRADY same way lately, all credit for regseason/sb wins, no blame for losing saying its all on them

Couldn't have put it better myself.

JayW_1023
12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Kobe played his best ball in the same season when they traded for Pau. Even before Pau joined, Kobe was playing the complete floor game and the Lakers were winning. He played his best basketball then and there.

Now he just shoots and shoots. He isn't like Durant or Jordan, creating his own shot with an efficient look. Kobe prefers the dramatic contested shot. Just terrible.

Lim
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
blah blah blah. its always the same responses with laker fans... 5 RINGS! EVERYONE ELSE SUCKED SO KOBE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SHOOT A LOT.....

hey did you ever think that kobe would have 8 rings right now if he wasnt such a selfish chucker his whole career????

the lakers will never win another ring until kobe retires or suddenly takes 15 shots per game which we know will never happen. have fun trying to win with an ancient kobe bryant chucking up 20+ shots per game

also lol to the idiots in the beginning of the year who thought kobe would continue to shoot 53% and only take 17 shots per game. you know who you are.

pacman16
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM
kobe's a douche, this is why i will always defend lebron and bash kobe. ones pure selfish and hucks ridiculous shots while one shows off his passing abilities

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
kobe's a douche, this is why i will always defend lebron and bash kobe. ones pure selfish and hucks ridiculous shots while one shows off his passing abilities

Great, thanks for your contributions to this forum. :clap:

Saad
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM

TLDR;

No but seriously what the hell are you trying to say man. Im seriously confused.

HouRealCoach
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Kobe started off shooting great... His last 10 games he is shooting 44 percent (I told you all that he would drop under 50%)

3 of those games he's tried less than 20 shots
7 of those games he's tried more than 20 shots

Now I want you to guess the games he won & lost lol

22 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists in wins for the season
33 points, 3.6 assists in losses for the season

D'antoni is the coach so we knew that the defense would be non-existent but the numbers above isn't just a coincidence. Not trying to hate on Kobe but even Laker fans have to take notice

Supreme LA
12-10-2012, 07:51 PM
TLDR;

No but seriously what the hell are you trying to say man. Im seriously confused.

That girl in your sig is sooooo hot! Who is she?

amos1er
12-10-2012, 08:02 PM

If Kobe played 2 years in college...how high do you think he would have been drafted? Mind you, in 1999 (his 3rd year) he averaged 20, 5, 4 on a ts% of 55. Rookie of the year numbers possibly???

Take into account your boy Iverson spent 3 years in college. Kobe's numbers in his 4th year are 23, 5, 6 on a ts% of 55. Much better numbers than a rookie Iverson put up might I add.

Can you honestly say that if Iverson had come straight out of high school in 1993, that he wouldn't have been coming off the bench for at least 2 years (maybe more) as well???

amos1er
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Kobe started off shooting great... His last 10 games he is shooting 44 percent (I told you all that he would drop under 50%)

3 of those games he's tried less than 20 shots
7 of those games he's tried more than 20 shots

Now I want you to guess the games he won & lost lol

22 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists in wins for the season
33 points, 3.6 assists in losses for the season

D'antoni is the coach so we knew that the defense would be non-existent but the numbers above isn't just a coincidence. Not trying to hate on Kobe but even Laker fans have to take notice

If you really want to use the 12 games this season as a sample size to prove that Kobe scoring 30 hurts the team than I really can't take you seriously anymore. Ever hear of a little thing called sample size error? Why don't you take the games he scored over 30 in his career and then compare it to the Lakers winning%? Wouldn't that hold more clout than a 12 game glitch???

lakers4sho
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
kobe fiens

HouRealCoach
12-10-2012, 08:16 PM
If you really want to use the 12 games this season as a sample size to prove that Kobe scoring 30 hurts the team than I really can't take you seriously anymore. Ever hear of a little thing called sample size error? Why don't you take the games he scored over 30 in his career and then compare it to the Lakers winning%? Wouldn't that hold more clout than a 12 game glitch???

:rolleyes: You must really hate to see anything negative about Kobe huh?

How bad is it for Laker fans bragging about him shooting over 50% when it was 8 games into the season and saying he was already the MVP? lol

I'm looking at this season... It's not my fault the Lakers haven't won with him scoring alot but since it has only been 21 games, I can't help but use only that. Especially when thread is about the Lakers THIS season. What's your beef? I replied with a statement about the thread. If you don't wanna see it, I mean, there's a bunch hundreds of other threads to go place your input...

amos1er
12-10-2012, 08:46 PM
:rolleyes: You must really hate to see anything negative about Kobe huh?

How bad is it for Laker fans bragging about him shooting over 50% when it was 8 games into the season and saying he was already the MVP? lol

I'm looking at this season... It's not my fault the Lakers haven't won with him scoring alot but since it has only been 21 games, I can't help but use only that. Especially when thread is about the Lakers THIS season. What's your beef? I replied with a statement about the thread. If you don't wanna see it, I mean, there's a bunch hundreds of other threads to go place your input...

Again, you can rationalize all you want, but the sample size you are using is a joke and you would be laughed out of the building by any sort of expert you tried to sling this bs by.

Could it be that D'Antoni's system is just not right for this team and Kobe is having to do extra just to make sure the Lakers score over 100? How come Kobe has a high winning % when scoring over 30 under Phil Jackson?

If you want to include small sample sizes, can I bring up the 4-1 record the Lakers had under Bickerstaff? And just maybe that this problem has more to do with the coaching decision that Jim Buss foolishly made.

I love how you jump to conclusions just because it's Kobe and when people on here say that Wade is declining, you and the rest of the Wadebuffs all say that the sample size is too small to tell yet. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Bigbadmoffo
12-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Why do you have a pic of a chubby young teen on your profile?

HouRealCoach
12-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Again, you can rationalize all you want, but the sample size you are using is a joke and you would be laughed out of the building by any sort of expert you tried to sling this bs by.

Could it be that D'Antoni's system is just not right for this team and Kobe is having to do extra just to make sure the Lakers score over 100? How come Kobe has a high winning % when scoring over 30 under Phil Jackson?

If you want to include small sample sizes, can I bring up the 4-1 record the Lakers had under Bickerstaff? And just maybe that this problem has more to do with the coaching decision that Jim Buss foolishly made.

I love how you jump to conclusions just because it's Kobe and when people on here say that Wade is declining, you and the rest of the Wadebuffs all say that the sample size is too small to tell yet. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Believe this, you actually could say that's a reason. I have watched the Knicks so I know he is a terrible coach but the thread is not "Why are the Lakers losing?" read the title and what he stated. Which was about Kobe's scoring during wins & losses. That's what I was talking about so why are you mad? Does it hurt you that much that Kobe scores the most in losses?

btw I never said anything about Wade declining or not lol

amos1er
12-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Believe this, you actually could say that's a reason. I have watched the Knicks so I know he is a terrible coach but the thread is not "Why are the Lakers losing?" read the title and what he stated. Which was about Kobe's scoring during wins & losses. That's what I was talking about so why are you mad? Does it hurt you that much that Kobe scores the most in losses?

btw I never said anything about Wade declining or not lol

Again, 21 games can easily be rationalized as an anomaly. No true conclusion can be drawn from such a small sample size. This thread is trolling at it's finest.

HouRealCoach
12-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Again, 21 games can easily be rationalized as an anomaly. No true conclusion can be drawn from such a small sample size. This thread is trolling at it's finest.

If you don't like the thread then why reply to it?

amos1er
12-10-2012, 10:44 PM
If you don't like the thread then why reply to it?

Just trying to set the haters straight with the real facts.

HouRealCoach
12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Just trying to set the haters straight with the real facts.

So prove to me that Lakers have won more this year with Kobe scoring 30+ or taking 20+ shots...

Guppyfighter
12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
So prove to me that Lakers have won more this year with Kobe scoring 30+ or taking 20+ shots...

Correlation =/= Causation

sharqstealth
12-11-2012, 12:35 AM
What I do know is if Kobe scores 81 Lakers win

IversonIsKrazy
12-11-2012, 03:02 AM
In games that Kobe score 30+, oppenents score 105+. When Kobe scores a lot, its an up-tempo game where the opponent scores a lot as well.
Kobe has been efficient this year, just look at his %.
He is still a top 5 talent, and can still be argued as the league's best scorer & player.
DEFENSE is the main issue.

MickeyMgl
12-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Oh so you can't because it's not there. Somebody posted all 40 point game results (And that's without any link btw) while I asked for 30 point games. Don't get mad because I asked a legitimate question that requires an answer with a link because that answer might hurt your feelings. It's not my fault. Be adult enough to handle what comes at you before you enter an internet forum.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24668951&postcount=19

amos1er
12-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Correlation =/= Causation

Exactly.

thenaj17
12-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Illustrating your point, the Lakers were down 8-0 before Bryant took his first shot against the Jazz. Doesn't seem like his scoring points was the problem.

And then he took his first shot...3 points on the board.

seriously some of the stats people saw he started 3 for 10 last game, but he HAD to force the issue because nobody else was making shots early.

NYSpirit1
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Lakers fall to 1-10 with Kobe scoring over 30. What a hog.

amos1er
12-11-2012, 10:39 PM

Ya, while shooting like 60%. It's not his fault his coach can't coach defense. Guess what else, they would have lost by 20 if not for him.

Avenged
12-11-2012, 10:40 PM

Another perfect example of someone who did not watch the game.

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Why don't other Laker players play good when he shoots alot?

JJ_JKidd
12-11-2012, 10:48 PM

You need to realize that without Nash, who can orchestrate plays for EVERYBODY, add to that the incompetence of Kobe's teammates nowadays, I dont mind if Kobe takes all the shots.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Why don't other Laker players play good when he shoots alot?

Why don't you watch the game rather than just looking at the box score?

Maybe then you won't have to ask such ignorant questions.

NYSpirit1
12-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Another perfect example of someone who did not watch the game.

I didn't watch the game. I watched Knicks-Nets. It doesn't mean I can't state a fact that's cut and dry. They're 1-10 when he scores 30 plus, 8-3 when he doesn't.

HowFit
12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Why we talking about their offense when it's their defense that's the problem? They need another coach lol

Baller1
12-11-2012, 10:52 PM
9-13, this is too good to be true.

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Why don't you watch the game rather than just looking at the box score?

Maybe then you won't have to ask such ignorant questions.

:rolleyes: He mad

One, I was watching the Knicks...

Two, I live in Arkansas & don't get many Laker games...

nickdymez
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
I didn't watch the game. I watched Knicks-Nets. It doesn't mean I can't state a fact that's cut and dry. They're 1-10 when he scores 30 plus, 8-3 when he doesn't.

Kobe shot over 50% tonight and was the only person playing worth a ****

HouRealCoach
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM

Their just mad... Gotta wait until the morning when they calm down

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 11:06 PM
:rolleyes: He mad

One, I was watching the Knicks...

Two, I live in Arkansas & don't get many Laker games...

Sorry.

The defense was horrible early on, too many turnovers, guys were just lethargic and standing around, and Kobe capitalized on most of his shot attempts.

Dwight is horrible offensively, keeps turning the ball over despite not being a ball handler, still missing free throws. Gets plenty of touches in the paint just doesn't capitalize and plays dumb.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Their just mad... Gotta wait until the morning when they calm down

Ya sorry for being a dick dude. I'm calm now.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM

go away already, nobody wants to read your stupid threads and posts

The Best Around
12-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I think after last night a more alarming stat for the Lakers is that as far as winning percentage goes, they're sandwiched in between Portland and the almighty Orlando Magic.

TheIlladelph16
12-12-2012, 02:43 PM
"Alarming" might be a bit of hyperbole here... There are obviously other significant factors to why the Lakers are what they are when he scores that much, most of which have nothing to do with him scoring 30+ at all. Kobe Bryant is far from the problem with this Lakers team. In the past he has been a chucker at times, but this season he is scoring rather efficiently. Should he defer to his teammates more? Sure, but I don't watch enough of their games to see how often he is/isn't doing that to judge.

How this team that has a perennial DPOY and Kobe on it and STILL can't defend a team like the Cavs is their problem, not Kobe's scoring.

Wisdom Listens
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Kobe is shooting better form the field this year than he ever has. Yeah, EVER. Not only that but his attempts are the same this year as previous years. I think he needs to get the offense involved more, but he is efficient as **** this season shooting the ball. To say he is simply "chucking" the ball is ridiculous.

Lim
12-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Kobe is shooting better form the field this year than he ever has. Yeah, EVER. Not only that but his attempts are the same this year as previous years. I think he needs to get the offense involved more, but he is efficient as **** this season shooting the ball. To say he is simply "chucking" the ball is ridiculous.

his efficiency is from the start of the season. past 10 games or so he has been a massive chucker. he is playing out of his mind this year considering his age and mileage, however there is no denying he is still a chucker. there is no reason why this guy shouldn't have averaged at least 7 APG for his career considering how much he dominates the ball..

nickdymez
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
his efficiency is from the start of the season. past 10 games or so he has been a massive chucker. he is playing out of his mind this year considering his age and mileage, however there is no denying he is still a chucker. there is no reason why this guy shouldn't have averaged at least 7 APG for his career considering how much he dominates the ball..

He shot 64% last night for ****s sake.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM

He's a scorer.

How come Michael didn't average 7 assists for his career and he gets a pass?

Kobe's career assist average is 4.7.

Michael is above him at 5.3.

Both of them no where near the 7 APG that you just ridiculously threw out there.

Lim
12-12-2012, 03:59 PM
He's a scorer.

Both of them no where near the 7 APG that you just ridiculously threw out there.

Michael was a selfish player too. he should have averaged a lot more assists as well. Michael gets a pass though because he was incredibly efficient for the amount of shots he took per game. guy shot 50% for his career. kobe..... not so much.

hidalgo
12-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Michael shot .505% for his entire Bulls career. Makes sense he shot alot

hidalgo
12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
He's a scorer.

Both of them no where near the 7 APG that you just ridiculously threw out there.MJ did avg 8 APG one year, when he played PG most of the season. 32 ppg, 8 apg, 8 rpg (& well over 50%FG)

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
He's a scorer.

MJ is a career 50% shooter & was playing next to Pippen and a bunch of role players who couldn't score. He's also had 9 seasons averaging over 5 to go along with one season he averaged 8 assists...

Plus he won when he scored alot.. If the Lakers were like 18-4 or something no one would be complaining and he'd be lead MVP candidate but they actually lose when he shoots/scores alot and win when he doesn't

justinnum1
12-12-2012, 06:01 PM
He shot 64% last night for ****s sake.

And his team lost.

But as long as kobe gets his numbers, kobe homers are happy.

Chronz
12-12-2012, 06:02 PM
My only question regarding this stat is, how many possessions is Kobe using in the first half of those games.

nickdymez
12-12-2012, 06:16 PM
And his team lost.

But as long as kobe gets his numbers, kobe homers are happy.

Jesus man... Are you saying Kobe should not have shot as much even though he was hot and the team was down by 16? Even though no one else was hitting baskets? Kobephobes are the worst.

kobebabe
12-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Why the hell are the knicks fans always starting threads about lakers? why don't they just worry about their own damn team and leave the Lakers alone! This is sickening to say the least!!!!

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
This is hilarious lol

Theyhateme459
12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I am farrrr from a Lakers fan, However, I am a basketball fan first.

I actually watched more of the Lakers vs Cavs game than the Knicks vs Nets...

Kobe's shot attempts are far from the Lakers problems right now!

#1) Who the hell is supposed to get the shots right now? Nash is out, Gasol is hurt, Dwight Howard looks AVERAGE for some reason I can not understand... not aggressive... gets the ball and passes back out... I don't understand.

#2) The lakers were down big and in jeopardy of being ran out of the court in the 2nd half, but Kobe had to go crazy to get them back in the game and give them a chance to win... I could argue without Kobe's aggressiveness right now they would be even worst losing by higher margin expecting these guys on the court to step up.

I've watched more than a few laker games this year... instead of just jumping on the rip and blame kobe bandwagon I think some of you need to watch some of their games and then you would see why he is shooting so much. I believe if he had a team who were contributing like they should right now they would be winning, not playing from behind, and his shot attempts would be down.

So this stat is more of a result of situations and not the cause of the situation.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I just wanna know why the other Lakers don't play good when Kobe shoots a lot

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
MJ did avg 8 APG one year, when he played PG most of the season. 32 ppg, 8 apg, 8 rpg (& well over 50%FG)

Key word: "Career"

You're bringing in a moot point by singling out one season (which I'll admit :drool:)

NYY 26 to 7
12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
If I were a Lakers fan I would be concerned that everything that everyone says just sounds exactly like the Knicks under D'Antoni. You have to let his system work, he doesn't have the right players to fit, the defensive rotations aren't there, and my personal favorite the answer for everything will be more offense! Nash is not the answer to anything but less Kobe isolations (which I am not one of the iso bashers I like when great players get buckets on their own). Its the defense and has nothing to do with anything other than the defense is not good.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Now Laker fans understand how Knick fans felt

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-12-2012, 07:36 PM
If I were a Lakers fan I would be concerned that everything that everyone says just sounds exactly like the Knicks under D'Antoni. You have to let his system work, he doesn't have the right players to fit, the defensive rotations aren't there, and my personal favorite the answer for everything will be more offense! Nash is not the answer to anything but less Kobe isolations (which I am not one of the iso bashers I like when great players get buckets on their own). Its the defense and has nothing to do with anything other than the defense is not good.

It's turnovers leading to poor floor balance and poor transition D.

Less the ball is in the hands of Kobe and Dwight to make plays for others, the less turnovers the team will suffer. This is why Nash is important.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2012, 07:38 PM
The thing I find hard to believe is that Dwight led the team in assists with just 3

RLundi
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
oh absolutely...

Speaking from experience?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM
oh noez!!! :speechless: :ohno: :cry:

2 straight wins with 30+ for Colby.

Say it ain't so!!!

Like O..................M.................G!!!! :speechless:

justinnum1
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Lakers won 2 in a row. They are back!

nickdymez
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Equals the pathetic amount of championships the Heat have.. :facepalm:

shep33
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Yeaaah! :clap:

Watch us get clowned by Bismack on Tuesday :laugh:

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
3-11 now *****es!!

justinnum1
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM

:yawn:

No need to get mad bro. And yes, it's obvious you are mad.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-16-2012, 11:06 PM

He's gonna need some ice after that burn!!! Psssss!

fresh prince
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Kobe played his best ball in the same season when they traded for Pau. Even before Pau joined, Kobe was playing the complete floor game and the Lakers were winning. He played his best basketball then and there.

Now he just shoots and shoots. He isn't like Durant or Jordan, creating his own shot with an efficient look. Kobe prefers the dramatic contested shot. Just terrible.

ahaaahhaaaaaaaa you're so right Kobe Bryant is just terrible at basketball

b@llhog24
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
He's gonna need some ice after that burn!!! Psssss!

:cricket:

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-17-2012, 01:06 AM
:cricket:

You're cute :cool:

Jenceman
12-17-2012, 02:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4AFYd.png

For the idiots crying about the 30+ stat that was posted earlier.

fresh prince
12-17-2012, 02:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4AFYd.png

For the idiots crying about the 30+ stat that was posted earlier.
Ahh. Sample size wins again!

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-17-2012, 02:20 AM

Lollol