PDA

View Full Version : Is Brooklyn settling into what they are?

Pages : [1] 2

NYSpirit1
12-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Lost the last four, granted they don't have Brook Lopez, but are now 11-9.

They were like first in the Eastern Conference and now are a half game out of 8th.

This isn't a bait thread or anything, I think the Nets will win between 45-50 games, but not live up to the top seed hype they were getting a couple weeks ago.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Their missing what could be their best player, and their offensive focal point. Not only that, their still trying to develop team chemistry.

I wouldnt be concerned with this rough patch, I would be concerned about Lopez's health. They 100% need him.

29$JerZ
12-10-2012, 12:40 AM
They are losing because they desperately need their best player who is Lopez.
Deron is playing awful this season.

It's 1/4 into the season. Too early for any of this.
If they lose when Lopez returns then they are in trouble.
I will say I'm not surprised where they are now. Every team has to deal with injuries and they aren't a likely healthy team.

NYSpirit1
12-10-2012, 12:42 AM
They are losing because they desperately need their best player who is Lopez.
Deron is playing awful this season.

It's 1/4 into the season. Too early for any of this.
If they lose when Lopez returns then they are in trouble.
I will say I'm not surprised where they are now. Every team has to deal with injuries and they aren't a likely healthy team.

True, but we are without Amare and Iman and are 15-5.

No matter what people say, Amare is our second best player and at full health, will provide greatly needed superstar scoring ability when Melo doesn't have it.

seikou8
12-10-2012, 12:46 AM
its early and they will be fine they will make the playoffs

Baller1
12-10-2012, 12:48 AM
They lost those four after losing their starting center. Hmm... What a coincidence!

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Nice to see some rational Knick fans. Lopez is our key player on BOTH ends of the court this year and we dont have the chemistry and leadership of a team like the Knicks or the Bulls to make up for his loss.

JNoel
12-10-2012, 12:49 AM
No Lopez, Nets are still a top team in the east.

PC
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM

No matter what people say, Amare is our second best player and at full health, will provide greatly needed superstar scoring ability when Melo doesn't have it.

"Superstar scoring ability" at the cost of what?

It's clear Melo operates the best at the 4 and Amar'e hasn't shown the ability to coexist with Melo and Chandler when they're all on on the floor. Based off of most reports, it's sounding like Amar'e will be coming off the bench so let's reserve judgement on what kind of impact Amar'e will have once we see how he performs in his new role.

Shump, on the other hand, should fit right in and seeing a backcourt trio of Kidd, Felton and Shump will be great.

29$JerZ
12-10-2012, 12:53 AM

We actually have a defensive minded coach who has some weapons around his star Melo.

Brooklyn has a decent defensive minded coach with a poor defensive cast and his best player is awful this season (Deron)

would NY be 15-5 if Melo were playing as bad as Deron?
Two different situations. Brooklyn is a newly formed team with under performing support from their top paid players. NY is a gelled unit with good 3pt shooting and the ability to lose a player and still be in most games.

You can't compare Brooklyn to NY.

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 12:58 AM
The NY Knicks are a perfect example of a team with good not great talent but great chemistry, leaders and a coach who plays to everyones strength. The goal of the Nets is to get to that level and it will take a lot of time. Knicks deserve a ton of credit for not blowing it up. Best team in the East right now by far.

Kashmir13579
12-10-2012, 12:59 AM
"this isn't a bait thread" :laugh2:

The Nets are what we thought they would be.. Mediocre..

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
The NY Knicks are a perfect example of a team with good not great talent but great chemistry, leaders and a coach who plays to everyones strength. The goal of the Nets is to get to that level and it will take a lot of time. Knicks deserve a ton of credit for not blowing it up. Best team in the East right now by far.

:speechless:

great post

:faint:

mp3
12-10-2012, 01:06 AM
DWill overrated. Can't lead a team

JerseysFinest
12-10-2012, 01:07 AM
The Nets aren't this bad. Like Jerz said, Deron Williams is playing awful. Joe Johnson is playing awful. The bench production lately has been awful. And to top it off, Lopez is still out with a foot sprain for God knows how long. Plus, they've yet to establish that chemistry as a team yet. It's going to take some time for them to become a top team in the East, and they've shown at times they can compete with some of the better teams in the league.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 01:08 AM
lopez is our team... its evident... it has killed our team defense and offense

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Lost to OKC and Miami in this 4 game losing streak

Evolution23
12-10-2012, 01:10 AM
The Nets are better than this but still they had one of the easiest schedules in the NBA. Last week starting with the thunder loss was the beginning of a tough stretch. They didn't do well in that stretch but, it's still early, so we have to wait and see.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 01:12 AM
I wish the nets can try and swing a deal for gasol

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 01:12 AM

Most rational post I have seen from you. The Knicks win because they have DEFINED ROLES and the team buys into it. Tyson knows his job is to hit the offensive and defensive boards and defend, Melo knows his job is to score, Kidd knows he is supposed to bring a calmness to the game and move the ball, Felton to penetrate and Kick, Novak to hit 3s, etc etc etc.

The Nets outside of Evans and Crash really have no defined rolls.

BklynKnicks3
12-10-2012, 01:14 AM
yes the nj nets aint fool me

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 01:15 AM
the nets lack a backup PG who can actually distribute... and a money shooter... ( wish we kept morrow)

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Most rational post I have seen from you. The Knicks win because they have DEFINED ROLES and the team buys into it. Tyson knows his job is to hit the offensive and defensive boards and defend, Melo knows his job is to score, Kidd knows he is supposed to bring a calmness to the game and move the ball, Felton to penetrate and Kick, Novak to hit 3s, etc etc etc.

I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I wish we could ban DMF

javsvt
12-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.

Yet you judge them, but don't watch them.:facepalm:

seikou8
12-10-2012, 01:17 AM

yup what will be amare role is the question

29$JerZ
12-10-2012, 01:22 AM

Knicks can't be boring if you don't watch our games.
Knicks are a good team if you look at the W/L column.
Knicks have beaten the HEAT twice which you said was the only team you personally felt was in Brooklyns way of winning a title and are currently winless against.
Knicks loss to a fully healthy Net team without Kidd and to a greater extent Amar'e, Iman, Camby in OT in the final minutes. That's not exactly showing you are the better team, actually it shows how close you match up to us at our weakest but whatever.

Any opinion of NY from you is already irrelevant and untrue since you admit you don't watch us much. Would you rather be 15-5 and boring or 11-8 and fun?.....

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 01:23 AM

15-5, 8-0 at home and have wins over Miami and San Antonio on the road, your right they suck. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

javsvt
12-10-2012, 01:26 AM
15-5, 8-0 at home and have wins over Miami and San Antonio on the road, your right they suck. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
DMF's post is my new sig.....:dance:

yanksrock
12-10-2012, 01:26 AM

I'm going to assume you don't read your posts. Read your post and tell me if this sentence makes sense.

You troll so hard.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Knicks can't be boring if you don't watch our games.
Knicks are a good team if you look at the W/L column.
Knicks have beaten the HEAT twice which you said was the only team you personally felt was in Brooklyns way of winning a title and are currently winless against.
Knicks loss to a fully healthy Net team without Kidd and to a greater extent Amar'e, Iman, Camby in OT in the final minutes. That's not exactly showing you are the better team, actually it shows how close you match up to us at our weakest but whatever.

Any opinion of NY from you is already irrelevant and untrue since you admit you don't watch us much. Would you rather be 15-5 and boring or 11-8 and fun?.....

You cant go by if this team beat that team and that team lost to that team, so they are better. Its about head to head and Nets are better than the Knicks in the aspect of we beat them. I watched a few Knick games but I havent watched all 20 games, ive seen 4 of their losses and a couple of their wins the one against Miami this past week. But that team without Melo in a playoff series aint beating Miami and you know that. Camby isnt playing because Woodson feels he doesnt deserve minutes, should I make excuses for all of Nets loses? Should I say nets didnt have Tornike Shengalia tonight so we lost? No. Fact is the game that I did say Nets were better.

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 01:28 AM
DMF's post is my new sig.....:dance:

Love it :clap:

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 01:30 AM
DMF still trolls all of you

when will you people learn

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 01:35 AM
DMF still trolls all of you

when will you people learn

DMF is obviously a Heat fan trying to get Knick fans all riled up, nobody could be that dumb. Its still funny to respond to though to see what kinda stuff she comes up with :D

Robbw241
12-10-2012, 01:35 AM
The NBA Forum is Bi-Polar.

29$JerZ
12-10-2012, 01:36 AM
You cant go by if this team beat that team and that team lost to that team, so they are better. Its about head to head and Nets are better than the Knicks in the aspect of we beat them. I watched a few Knick games but I havent watched all 20 games, ive seen 4 of their losses and a couple of their wins the one against Miami this past week. But that team without Melo in a playoff series aint beating Miami and you know that. Camby isnt playing because Woodson feels he doesnt deserve minutes, should I make excuses for all of Nets loses? Should I say nets didnt have Tornike Shengalia tonight so we lost? No. Fact is the game that I did say Nets were better.

Head to Head says Minnesota, Milwaukee, Golden State are superior to you.
So any hopes of your team being in the playoffs this season should be gone since you can't even beat lesser talented teams by your own logic.

NY has beaten Miami twice, so we are clearly more championship bound than Brooklyn by your own words from this summer.

Irrational thinking can only get you so far, and it aint much.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Head to Head says Minnesota, Milwaukee, Golden State are superior to you.
So any hopes of your team being in the playoffs this season should be gone since you can't even beat lesser talented teams by your own logic.

NY has beaten Miami twice, so we are clearly more championship bound than Brooklyn by your own words from this summer.

Irrational thinking can only get you so far, and it aint much.

You are reading to much into what I said, you are obviously being dramatic. Im not talking about champions you have to go through other teams to win championships, Nets and Knicks might not even see each other. What I am saying is Nets are better than Knicks. GSW in 2007 were better in the regular season matchup against the Mavericks and were 8th seed and beat the Mavs. So saying that if a team loses to another team but they have a better record makes them better is wrong.

Robbw241
12-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Imagine if DMF was a Lakers fan. O man the NBA forum would just be a wasteland.

KniCks4LiFe
12-10-2012, 01:45 AM
Imagine if DMF was a Lakers fan. O man the NBA forum would just be a wasteland.

I'd weep.

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Deron Williams is going to have get disrespeced and slapped up by the NYC media the way Melo did the pasy 2 years so he can realize what he got away with in NJ aint flying here. Dwill is too talented to be playing like the inconsistent chump he has.

When he FEELS like playing he will burn you like a top 5 player like against Lin and Westbrook but those days have been few and far between.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Deron Williams is going to have get disrespeced and slapped up by the NYC media the way Melo did the pasy 2 years so he can realize what he got away with in NJ aint flying here. Dwill is too talented to be playing like the inconsistent chump he has.

When he FEELS like playing he will burn you like a top 5 player like against Lin and Westbrook but those days have been few and far between.

Nets have the exact same media as they did in NJ same beat writers.

sharqstealth
12-10-2012, 01:51 AM
The hard schedule is catching up on them...

KniCks4LiFe
12-10-2012, 01:51 AM
he could feel all disrespected all he wants. Tell little Willy to bring it next time. B/c JJ ain't there. I'd be scared of you if Brook were there, but right now, Brooklyn is average homie.

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 01:59 AM

Nets have the exact same media as they did in NJ same beat writers.

Nets had a NY Times beat writer and got backpages of the Post and Dailynews?? Did anybody on talk radio even know who they were until this summer? Hell no. Dwill is used to playing with ZERO expectations.

JOhnnyTHaJet
Inconsistent shooting and Lopez being out has killed us these past 4 games. I think its rather silly though to saw we're "settling" into who we are when the team has barely gotten through half the season.

So many assumptions so early.

29$JerZ
You are reading to much into what I said, you are obviously being dramatic. Im not talking about champions you have to go through other teams to win championships, Nets and Knicks might not even see each other. What I am saying is Nets are better than Knicks. GSW in 2007 were better in the regular season matchup against the Mavericks and were 8th seed and beat the Mavs. So saying that if a team loses to another team but they have a better record makes them better is wrong.

Nets are not better than the Knicks.
You are the only one who believes that which is all that needs to be said.

And your GS/Dallas line is outdated.
Here's a fun fact for you while you think of another.
In the 2011-2012 NBA season The Chicago Bulls swept the Miami HEAT in the regular season 3-0, Derrick Rose was the MVP, and against those same Miami HEAT lost 4-1 in the ECF. Head to head matchup says Bulls > HEAT but come playoff time that meant nothing.

As I've said, irrational thinking can only get you so far.

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 02:01 AM
he could feel all disrespected all he wants. Tell little Willy to bring it next time. B/c JJ ain't there. I'd be scared of you if Brook were there, but right now, Brooklyn is average homie.
Keep sleeping on JJ. Im a realist with my team. JJ abused Durant in the 4th last week when he had to take over. Problem is he has no role here and hesistant to put it up.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Nets had a NY Times beat writer and got backpages of the Post and Dailynews?? Did anybody on talk radio even know who they were until this summer? Hell no. Dwill is used to playing with ZERO expectations.

There is going to be no difference, NY media doesnt care about what the Nets do. Stop trying to make it sound like once you get into NY the media is just crazy they only really care about Giants,Jets,Yankees. Knicks arent even really talked about a lot in this city.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Nets are not better than the Knicks.
You are the only one who believes that which is all that needs to be said.

And your GS/Dallas line is outdated.
Here's a fun fact for you while you think of another.
In the 2011-2012 NBA season The Chicago Bulls swept the Miami HEAT in the regular season 3-0, Derrick Rose was the MVP, and against those same Miami HEAT lost 4-1 in the ECF. Head to head matchup says Bulls > HEAT but come playoff time that meant nothing.

As I've said, irrational thinking can only get you so far.

You are nitpicking, you are always going to find an excuse no matter what. So there is nothing else to talk about, you should be a man and admit im right.

seikou8
12-10-2012, 02:03 AM
There is going to be no difference, NY media doesnt care about what the Nets do. Stop trying to make it sound like once you get into NY the media is just crazy they only really care about Giants,Jets,Yankees. Knicks arent even really talked about a lot in this city.

:facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
12-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Inconsistent shooting and Lopez being out has killed us these past 4 games. I think its rather silly though to saw we're "settling" into who we are when the team has barely gotten through half the season.

So many assumptions so early.

That dude in you sig is pissing me off this yr. for all the trash talking he did, he hasn't backed up nothing. He's killing what should be a top 5 rivalry in the NBA. Reggie talked, MJ talked, but when they brought it and beat us that ignited rivalries. It pisses me off that average Joe comes out and saids Brooklyn is better, but he can't even back it up.

It is early but I wanted to point that out.:D

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-10-2012, 02:05 AM
The Nets are not better than the Knicks, right now. The Nets have been too inconsistent and have not found their rhythm just yet. Now can they become better than the Knicks later in the season? Sure. But as of now, definitely not.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-10-2012, 02:08 AM
That dude in you sig is pissing me off this yr. for all the trash talking he did, he hasn't backed up nothing. He's killing what should be a top 5 rivalry in the NBA. Reggie talked, MJ talked, but when they brought it and beat us that ignited rivalries. It pisses me off that average Joe comes out and saids Brooklyn is better, but he can't even back it up.

It is early but I wanted to point that out.:D

Hes just trying to show confidence, and I dont find that a bad thing. Joes been all over the place but I think its because he doesnt have the system down just yet. When he finally starts hitting open shots and becoming more than "average Joe" then this team will start to get where I think they can be (a top 3 team in the East).

29$JerZ
12-10-2012, 02:16 AM
You are nitpicking, you are always going to find an excuse no matter what. So there is nothing else to talk about, you should be a man and admit im right.

It's called disecting your nonsense and exposing the flaws.
I'll chalk that as a L for you. You can't even agree with your own logic, I'm not the one who needs to man up girl.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 02:18 AM
It's called disecting your nonsense and exposing the flaws.
I'll chalk that as a L for you. You can't even agree with your own logic, I'm not the one who needs to man up girl.

I got 5 words for you

You will see on tuesday......

after Tuesday I want to see your reaction

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-10-2012, 02:20 AM
I got 5 words for you

You will see on tuesday......

after Tuesday I want to see your reaction

:rolleyes: Let the game play out man.

iam brett favre
12-10-2012, 02:24 AM
DWill overrated. Can't lead a team

That's simply not true.

Alayla
12-10-2012, 02:25 AM
I think that they will be right back to how they where playing before when lopez returns

29$JerZ
12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
That's the weakest line yet haha
Regardless of who wins her opinion never changes so its a moot point.
Can't even agree with the very logic she swore by.

Enzo
12-10-2012, 03:07 AM
How long is Lopez out for? Is there an ETA for his return? If he doesn't play when they face off against the Knicks for this upcoming game, the Nets have no chance in hell of winning.

KniCks4LiFe
12-10-2012, 03:28 AM
:shrug:

JEDean89
12-10-2012, 03:30 AM
nets should get used to not having brooke lopez the way the knicks are getting used to not having amare stoudemire. lopez is as injury prone as stoudemire, if not more. Nets are a good team but come on, the knicks are clearly the better team in just about every category except rebounds. the nets cannot win games without lopez, but the knicks can beat the heat without melo or stat yet the nets are better? Tuesday will be a good test but i don't judge teams off head to head challenges. the regular season has to many variables, it will be the knicks 5th game in 7 nights after 1 day of rest after a pair of back to backs. when the lakers crushed the magic in the finals, the magic had swept them that season. you cannot make an argument, then when someone proves you wrong, you say "you can't look into what i say too much", you are a failure on so many levels. fortunately for the nets, you are not reflective of most of your fanbase. nets should be happy for their team, but not doubt you guys overspent on most of your lineup. your bench leaves much to be desired, and you are getting no guard play. the nets lack a top 10 player this season as well, and only have one elite defensive specialist, to the knicks 3. in a year or two, if the nets can get good vets to come in for very cheap and maximize your roster, you may, may be able to win a championship. my guess though is that this is, at most, a slightly improved version of the joe johnson hawks, and is destined for 2nd round exits.

Punk
12-10-2012, 04:13 AM
1-4 without Lopez...Are you really going to ask that when he leads the team in scoring, FG % and blocks?

Losses to Miami and OKC set themselves into what they are. The losses to GSW and the Bucks are due to lazy complacent basketball. They stopped playing defense and sharing the ball. Yet, they are still a top team and possible contender at 11-8. If they win out this week, that's 14-8. They can quickly go back to the way they played two weeks ago against NY and Boston.

Of course, this thread is going to turn into a bait. Why even bother?

JEDean89
12-10-2012, 04:39 AM
^^^ lopez has been injured alot, the heat win games without wade, the bulls win without rose, the knicks win without amare, but the nets get their ***** kicked without lopez. it's not like you don't still have a 60 million dollar starting lineup without him.

Knicks21
12-10-2012, 04:56 AM
They need the scoring in Lopez, as much **** as we give him he is very important to this team.

Whomewhome
12-10-2012, 05:02 AM
We are 1-4 without Lopez and we also lost Wallace for 6 games earlier in the season.

We need Lopez more then anyone as he helps the backcourt attack the rim a bit more rather then really on shooting % which have not been good.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-10-2012, 05:45 AM
nets should get used to not having brooke lopez the way the knicks are getting used to not having amare stoudemire. lopez is as injury prone as stoudemire, if not more. Nets are a good team but come on, the knicks are clearly the better team in just about every category except rebounds. the nets cannot win games without lopez, but the knicks can beat the heat without melo or stat yet the nets are better? Tuesday will be a good test but i don't judge teams off head to head challenges. the regular season has to many variables, it will be the knicks 5th game in 7 nights after 1 day of rest after a pair of back to backs. when the lakers crushed the magic in the finals, the magic had swept them that season. you cannot make an argument, then when someone proves you wrong, you say "you can't look into what i say too much", you are a failure on so many levels. fortunately for the nets, you are not reflective of most of your fanbase. nets should be happy for their team, but not doubt you guys overspent on most of your lineup. your bench leaves much to be desired, and you are getting no guard play. the nets lack a top 10 player this season as well, and only have one elite defensive specialist, to the knicks 3. in a year or two, if the nets can get good vets to come in for very cheap and maximize your roster, you may, may be able to win a championship. my guess though is that this is, at most, a slightly improved version of the joe johnson hawks, and is destined for 2nd round exits.

Stopped reading at "As injury prone as Amare", you sir know nothing.

QueensG_718
12-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Broooooooklyyynnnnn succcccckkkkksssss!

Jesse2272
12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Losses to Miami and OKC set themselves into what they are. The losses to GSW and the Bucks are due to lazy complacent basketball.

Thats what they are

QueensG_718
12-10-2012, 05:59 AM
To punk..thats the very definition of mediocre

JEDean89
12-10-2012, 06:00 AM
^^^^ he has already missed an entire season, and has missed a good chunk of this season, maybe not quite as bad as amare, but I think Brook is gonna have some problems. the nets should shake some things up when lopez is out. marshon brooks looked promising until they brought joe johnson in. maybe start him instead of joe johnson, or play him at the 2 and JJ at the 3. joe johnson is going to be the bane of this team and your counting on Brook Lopez staying healthy for years to come, i don't like your chances. my post basically said that teams are finding ways to win without their best players, but the nets are not. not a huge deal, the heat were 9-8, the lakers are struggling, the knicks struggled, the nets are going to have some struggles and need to adjust.

JEDean89
12-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Stopped reading at "As injury prone as Amare", you sir know nothing.

looked it up, both players have played in about 76% of available games in their career. so they are both about as injury prone as each other. so you sir, know nothing.

Bulls_fan90
12-10-2012, 06:38 AM
They just aren't very good. Dwill may be one of the most overrated players in the league.

kyubi256
12-10-2012, 06:42 AM
The one thing is that their team doesn't look as stacked as it should be. That can be a problem in the playoffs. The Knicks fared pretty well without Carmelo. And they are doing well without Shumpert and Amar'e which shows they have good depth.

But still, it is hard to play without a center. If the Knicks didn't have Chandler I don't think we'd be nearly as good, even with Melo

NYYCowboys
12-10-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm not surprised. I thought before the year they'd finish 4-6 in the conference and that's where they are at right now. I also thought the Knicks would finish around the same, so I am more surprised by their start than the Nets.

jimm120
12-10-2012, 07:31 AM
The Nets aren't this bad. Like Jerz said, Deron Williams is playing awful. Joe Johnson is playing awful. The bench production lately has been awful. And to top it off, Lopez is still out with a foot sprain for God knows how long. Plus, they've yet to establish that chemistry as a team yet. It's going to take some time for them to become a top team in the East, and they've shown at times they can compete with some of the better teams in the league.

I'm just going to say one thing about those lines.......

Deron has been "awful" since he got to the nets. That's 1 1/2 years and now 1/4 of this year.

Joe Johnson has been bad since signing the contract.

So, for them to continue to play this badly shouldn't be a surprise.

Just saying.

Btw, I'm on the boat that at least deron will rebound...but he's been bad for so long already! As for Jj? He just stinks. He' ll have his great games but overall...nah.

SteBO
12-10-2012, 08:25 AM

I often wonder how you come up with stuff like this. Honestly, I know it's early but there's not much you can point to to justify Brooklyn being better at this point. Regular season wins don't prove that either, as $29JerZ has already stated.

Lakers4life08
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Deron Williams LMAO dude is shooting like garbage last 2 years....
i will be suprised if he shoots better that 35% at the end of the season

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Deron Williams LMAO dude is shooting like garbage last 2 years....
i will be suprised if he shoots better that 35% at the end of the season

Yes you will. If he shoots below 35% he will be one of the top-3 worst PG's in the NBA.

koreancabbage
12-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes you will. If he shoots below 35% he will be one of the top-3 worst PG's in the NBA.

he is top 5 but his numbers are not that impressive. He should be shooting a higher % with limited shots. at least his turnovers have gone down but I thought he would average more assists. scoring took a dip but that was expected with the influx of talent on this team.

injuries still?

Lakers4life08
12-10-2012, 10:59 AM

well so far played 19 games and in 10 games he shot below 40 percent......last season his best shooting month was 41%

Knickrocketsfan
12-10-2012, 11:14 AM
The key is that Dwill is playing injured. Lopez is a key loss; however, if the nets are to be successful, Williams needs to play a a high level.

Heediot
12-10-2012, 11:16 AM
It just goes to show how important Brook Lopez is to that team. Especially offensively.

2-ONE-5
12-10-2012, 11:35 AM
with the amt of money they are paying Wallace, DWill and JJ there is still no excuse. Theres 3 make a whole lot of money and they simply arent performing. Missing Lopez is not a good enough excuse. Remember all the depth the Nets trolls talked about before the season?

elledaddy
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
simply put......

THE NETS ARE BACK:D

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
with the amt of money they are paying Wallace, DWill and JJ there is still no excuse. Theres 3 make a whole lot of money and they simply arent performing. Missing Lopez is not a good enough excuse. Remember all the depth the Nets trolls talked about before the season?

yeah and that depth has us a winning record, sorry without Lopez we couldnt beat the best team in the EAST the Miami Heat and best team in the West OKC.

nycericanguy
12-10-2012, 12:52 PM
yeah and that depth has us a winning record, sorry without Lopez we couldnt beat the best team in the EAST the Miami Heat and best team in the West OKC.

or the Warriors or the Bucks at home?

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM

Lol How he left that out to make it sound better.

Lakers4life08
12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
The key is that Dwill is playing injured. Lopez is a key loss; however, if the nets are to be successful, Williams needs to play a a high level.

Deron Williams playing with injury for 2 years??WOW he is f*ucking beast !!!!!:clap:

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 01:12 PM

every team loses games, Warriors are a good team. Bucks was just a loss that every team has at times just like Wizards beat Heat.

BklynKnicks3
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
is NJ better then the Knicks NYET!

Stinkyoutsider
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't think there's any cause for concern for the Nets right now. This is the first year with major changes to the roster, so if I was the Nets brass right now, any improvement on last year's performance will be satisfactory. Now, next year, I would be worried if the Nets aren't competing at the level of a top team in the East.

DWill continues to play hurt and his game is affected by it (poor performances). Joe Johnson is the player he used to be last year with the Hawks too. He's got no ability to break guys down consistently.

Nets fans will probably want to curb their level of expectations for this season and wait until this group of players has a decent amount of time to gel.

2-ONE-5
12-10-2012, 01:21 PM

you lost by 30 when Lopez played vs the Heat tho...

your soft schedule is why you have a winning record. i see 3 quality wins.

Jesse2272
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
is NJ better then the Knicks NYET!

Absolutely not

VinceCarter
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Their missing what could be their best player, and their offensive focal point. Not only that, their still trying to develop team chemistry.

I wouldnt be concerned with this rough patch, I would be concerned about Lopez's health. They 100% need him.

100% agree.

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Lol....

Beltrans Mole
12-10-2012, 01:54 PM
The Nets are a good, not great, basketball team. I see them winning about 45 games this year and snagging the 5-6 seed..something along those lines.

VinceCarter
12-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Lol....

Go ahead, let out the hate. This is the time and I know you're just itching to say somethig negative.

VinceCarter
12-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't think there's any cause for concern for the Nets right now. This is the first year with major changes to the roster, so if I was the Nets brass right now, any improvement on last year's performance will be satisfactory. Now, next year, I would be worried if the Nets aren't competing at the level of a top team in the East.

DWill continues to play hurt and his game is affected by it (poor performances). Joe Johnson is the player he used to be last year with the Hawks too. He's got no ability to break guys down consistently.

Nets fans will probably want to curb their level of expectations for this season and wait until this group of players has a decent amount of time to gel.

I agree but I feel like we've seen signs of them coming together. I CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER YEAR! I'VE ALREADY EXPERIENCED ABOUT 6 OF THESE CRAP YEARS! :laugh2::sigh:

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I knew JJ wasn't that good, Deron has shocked me, Obivously losing a top player if not there best player hurts. They will be anywhere from the 3-6 range when its all said and done.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Warriors are a solid team btw to the Knick fans that are trolling the biggest troll on the site.

Jesse2272
12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Dwill is a pure PG

he doesnt have much to work with hes frustrated

Its a shame he is so fun to watch when he has a real team behind him

The Nets are exposed

Dwill can still make this team dangerous

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Doesn't have much to work with? Still has Lopez who is an top 3 OFFENSIVE center, and two very good role players in JJ and Wallace, stop acting like he has nothing, just as good as what he had in utah.

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 02:27 PM
4 inefficient scorers and a big man who plays no defense and grabs no boards in the starting lineup.

Will make the Playoffs in the East but don't see them actually doing anything in the Playoffs.

If this is the Deron williams we are going to see all year, this team will do nothing.

Jesse2272
12-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Doesn't have much to work with? Still has Lopez who is an top 3 OFFENSIVE center, and two very good role players in JJ and Wallace, stop acting like he has nothing, just as good as what he had in utah.

whats your explanation of Dwills play so far, it is subpar, Lopez is out when hes in hes the man because of Dwill, JJ?crash are just trash, school me im confused:D

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
4 inefficient scorers and a big man who plays no defense and grabs no boards in the starting lineup.

Will make the Playoffs in the East but don't see them actually doing anything in the Playoffs.

If this is the Deron williams we are going to see all year, this team will do nothing.

keep being ignorant

ManRam
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Lopez has been out. Deron, Wallace and Joe haven't had great years so far. I was talking about how I think it's becoming time to give up on Deron returning to his Jazz form, but I do think he can play a bit more consistent than he has been. Joe's shooting will trend back up a little.

They'll get better, just like the rest of these teams that were thrown together relatively quickly.

Also, daily reminder, if you ignore guys like DMF and RonE, maybe they'll stop being so annoying. They feed off of the responses.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
derons problems are his shot selection... he's shooting too many 3's

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/willide01.html

look at his most efficient seasons and you can see the disparity between the 3PA's.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
whats your explanation of Dwills play so far, it is subpar, Lopez is out when hes in hes the man because of Dwill, JJ?crash are just trash, school me im confused:D

His shot selection is horrid, he still has solid talent around him. JJ may not be great but he still is a player that can fill it up. Wallace isn't great but he is far from trash. Deron is just playing horrible no excuses at all. People said Deron>Melo i still laugh to this day how he got a pass all the time.

KnickaBocka.44
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
derons problems are his shot selection... he's shooting too many 3's

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/willide01.html

look at his most efficient seasons and you can see the disparity between the 3PA's.

It's been a pretty steady trend though. He shot more 3's per game last year than this year so far but what makes you think that he will suddenly stop taking as many 3's? He's got a bad ankle, it's not like he is suddenly going to regain his explosiveness to go by people, like he used to, this year.

Becks2307
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I have no clue whats going on with D will but his regression is alarming.

Jesse2272
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
His shot selection is horrid, he still has solid talent around him. JJ may not be great but he still is a player that can fill it up. Wallace isn't great but he is far from trash. Deron is just playing horrible no excuses at all. People said Deron>Melo i still laugh to this day how he got a pass all the time.

so other than crash being trash we pretty much agree

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
so other than crash being trash we pretty much agree

Crash is trash? You clearly haven't seen any Nets game. He is has easily been a beast for us. He is essentially to us what Tyson Chandler was to the Knicks last year.

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
keep being ignorant

Lol Blopez plays hardly any D and he still can't rebound to save his life. Not ignorant, these are facts.

Ch0ZSeN1
12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I hear the "OVER RATED" chant already! Their whole team... There is reasons why their old teams let them go.

Jesse2272
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Crash is trash? You clearly haven't seen any Nets game. He is has easily been a beast for us. He is essentially to us what Tyson Chandler was to the Knicks last year.

Beast

sell me

BigBlueCrew
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM

yeah ok :rolleyes: Gerald Wallace is a max effort guy. What he lacks in talent he makes up for in effort. Its like Kurt Thomas was back in the late 90's for us. Tyson Chandler :facepalm:

LOOTERX9
12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
The Nets problem is that they get sloppy at times out of nowhere. And wallace is the clumsiest of them all. smh

Jesse2272
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Not sold

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Lol Blopez plays hardly any D and he still can't rebound to save his life. Not ignorant, these are facts.

fact- the nets hit 10th in def efficiency before lopez was hurt

fact - as soon as lopez got hurt the nets lost 4 games in a row and dropped to 17 in def efficiency

fact - brook lopez is top 5 in blocked shots in the nba

fact - brook lopez is not good at defending the PNR... but improving

fact- you're a troll

#knickstrolls

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 04:15 PM
It's been a pretty steady trend though. He shot more 3's per game last year than this year so far but what makes you think that he will suddenly stop taking as many 3's? He's got a bad ankle, it's not like he is suddenly going to regain his explosiveness to go by people, like he used to, this year.

nobody said he's going to stop taking bad 3's.... I'm just saying what the problem is... its up to him and avery if they want to fix it

Hawkeye15
12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
to some degree, yes. They weren't going to sustain that high defensive rating, sorry. I saw them as a top 12 offensive team, and a bottom 12 defensive team, meaning they are winning 45ish games. I see no reason to change that.

Injuries happen in the NBA. So to blame those is ridiculous. How would my Wolves be if Love, Rubio, Pekovic, Roy, Kirilenko, Barea, and Budinger hadn't missed time? No excuses, unless its a season long epidemic of machine gun injuries to a roster. You must expect the starters to all miss 8-12 games or so throughout a season, that is about average.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
to some degree, yes. They weren't going to sustain that high defensive rating, sorry. I saw them as a top 12 offensive team, and a bottom 12 defensive team, meaning they are winning 45ish games. I see no reason to change that.

Injuries happen in the NBA. So to blame those is ridiculous. How would my Wolves be if Love, Rubio, Pekovic, Roy, Kirilenko, Barea, and Budinger hadn't missed time? No excuses, unless its a season long epidemic of machine gun injuries to a roster. You must expect the starters to all miss 8-12 games or so throughout a season, that is about average.

that is outrageous

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
fact- the nets hit 10th in def efficiency before lopez was hurt

fact - as soon as lopez got hurt the nets lost 4 games in a row and dropped to 17 in def efficiency

fact - brook lopez is top 5 in blocked shots in the nba

fact - brook lopez is not good at defending the PNR... but improving

fact- you're a troll

#knickstrolls

Fact- less than 15 games into the season with lopez on the court

Fact- Nets lost those 4 games because they started playing good teams (miami, okc, gsw, bucks,

You guys have played ORLANDO 3 times already, Celtics twice without Rondo, Toronto, Cleveland, Sacramento and Portland... Your ONLY quality wins against NYK (in OT) and LAC came at home.

Fact- Those defensive numbers looked nice because you guys were playing cupcake teams

Fact- blocked shots mean nothing in terms of pure defense, just like getting steals do not make you a great defender.

Fact- YOU SIR are the troll and a Homer, I have no problem admitting who is better than people on my Knicks or which teams are better. I give credit where it is due.

You and the other Net stooges love to claim that the Nets are the be all end all.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Fact- less than 15 games into the season with lopez on the court

Fact- Nets lost those 4 games because they started playing good teams (miami, okc, gsw, bucks,

You guys have played ORLANDO 3 times already, Celtics twice without Rondo, Toronto, Cleveland, Sacramento and Portland... Your ONLY quality wins against NYK (in OT) and LAC came at home.

Fact- Those defensive numbers looked nice because you guys were playing cupcake teams

Fact- blocked shots mean nothing in terms of pure defense, just like getting steals do not make you a great defender.

Fact- YOU SIR are the troll and a Homer, I have no problem admitting who is better than people on my Knicks or which teams are better. I give credit where it is due.

You and the other Net stooges love to claim that the Nets are the be all end all.

so you think because you type "fact" before a bunch of jibberish that it makes it a fact?

its still an opinion... I posted factual evidence based on numbers

keep on trollin

#knickstrolls

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
and I'm not a homer at all... keep trying though... I speak objectively

RonE Coleman
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
and I'm not a homer at all... keep trying though... I speak objectively

Yea the NYet fan with "The Knicks are Back" in his sig is not a troll :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Yea the NYet fan with "The Knicks are Back" in his sig is not a troll :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

because they are

Hawkeye15
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
that is outrageous

how so. Most teams main players are going to miss games throughout the season. It doesn't need to be grouped together, and sure there are guys who never miss, they get canceled out by the guys who miss 20 games annually.

Injuries are not an excuse, unless you are just ravaged by them. Every team deals with them.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
In their opening 15 games, the Nets played 6 probable playoff teams. The schedule is catching up to them, that is all.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
how so. Most teams main players are going to miss games throughout the season. It doesn't need to be grouped together, and sure there are guys who never miss, they get canceled out by the guys who miss 20 games annually.

Injuries are not an excuse, unless you are just ravaged by them. Every team deals with them.

did you mean 8-12 as a team or for each player individually?

and I'm not making excuses... I know first hand about injuries... but the impact lopez has should not be underestimated

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
so you think because you type "fact" before a bunch of jibberish that it makes it a fact?

its still an opinion... I posted factual evidence based on numbers

keep on trollin

#knickstrolls

His point on the schedule has some validity.

They are 4-7 against teams .500+ and 7-1 against teams with losing records. I won't discount the two Boston wins because even without Rondo they are a above 500 team.

Small sample but if they want to be considered among the best, they have to do better than that.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
did you mean 8-12 as a team or for each player individually?

and I'm not making excuses... I know first hand about injuries... but the impact lopez has should not be underestimated

over the span of a year, yes, all your important players, will miss nearly 10 games, ON AVERAGE. That means a couple will miss 20, a couple maybe none. Its an average as a whole.

Again, my Wolves are close to you on record, and we missed Love for a bunch of games, Rubio yet to play. Do you see me making excuses? The Lakers with no Nash. Mavs no Dirk. Injuries happen.

The schedule is also catching up to you guys. The Nets played a soft opening month schedule, and are now playing a tougher one.

I know you choose not to respond to the first part of my initial post up top here, but they are exactly where I pegged them. 1/4 through the season, lots can change though.

uncleben989
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
domefavors, do-me-a-favor and stop posting

lvlheaded
12-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I expected the Nets to win some where between 43-50 games this year, I still see that as the number.

They got out to a really fast start beating up on a few weaker teams, but they still have a hand full of very nice wins.

I dont think they are settling into anything, just having a rough stretch. It happens to every one over the course of a season unless you are MJ's Bulls

NYJ - NYY
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
domefavors and jmoney are the mother****in pitts of this forum... dudes gotta stop slobbin the knob of the nets and stop baiten and start baten

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
domefavors and jmoney are the mother****in pitts of this forum... dudes gotta stop slobbin the knob of the nets and stop baiten and start baten

great english but I'm nothing like domefavors... obviously you can't read or comprehend or you would be able to understand that

NYJ - NYY
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
great english but I'm nothing like domefavors... obviously you can't read or comprehend or you would be able to understand that

really resorting to "nice english" cmon man im 25 and do plenty of "english" writing for a living in what I do...i dont comment on here for my articulate skills because truthfully i dont give a **** about them on here... by and large you and dmf are the scrutinized and demeaned posters on this site that ive seen.. so beat it clown

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
really resorting to "nice english" cmon man im 25 and do plenty of "english" writing for a living in what I do...i dont comment on here for my articulate skills because truthfully i dont give a **** about them on here... by and large you and dmf are the scrutinized and demeaned posters on this site that ive seen.. so beat it clown

yea I'm scrutinized by knick fans lol...that really means a lot

homers calling other people homers

Rockice_8
12-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Truth is the Nets still have alot of work to do in terms of gelling. Their good start helped by playing some lower competition made people think they were ready to contend. They are going to be a dangerous team in the end but they still have a long way to go in terms of gelling as a team. When your trying to do that mid season your going to go on droughts throughout games and make poor decisions. It's just too bad for them that those droughts have cost them games.

Lopez is arguably their most important player (aside from D-Will when he's playing well). Lopez is their anchor defensively (contenting shots in the paint) and their offense runs through him on the other end (him drawing doubles in the post). It just sucks that just when they started to look good on both ends he had to sprain his foot.

When he comes back in the next few games I think they will get back to playing good ball. No need to panic or to start this thread, it's a long season and I think they'll be there in the end.

GiantsSwaGG
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM

He's a wanna be DMF but isn't good at it

GiantsSwaGG
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM
yea I'm scrutinized by knick fans lol...that really means a lot

homers calling other people homers

Everyone on PSD thinks that bud

BigBlueCrew
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM

He's just in major denial (about himself)

Nycbball08
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
The bottom line is you gotta give respect where it's due., I hate Boston and Miami but I respect them..the more I read this DMF's posts I come to realize that he or she gotta be a "CRACK HEAD".....lol

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 07:02 PM

even if that was true which it isnt

I dont care what people think of me on an internet forum

so just keep on trollin

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 07:08 PM
even if that was true which it isnt

I dont care what people think of me on an internet forum

so just keep on trollin

You are about as fair and balanced as Fox News.

Not that there is anything wrong with being a homer, but stop pretending to be objective. You are most definitely grouped in with DMF.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
You are about as fair and balanced as Fox News.

Not that there is anything wrong with being a homer, but stop pretending to be objective. You are most definitely grouped in with DMF.

not true... I back the team up when needed but no way do I ever say anything unrealistic

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
not true... I back the team up when needed but no way do I ever say anything unrealistic

Okay calling you DMF is a bit much. And you are much better than that hipster Wavey.

I apologize.

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::drunk::drunk::bs:

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Jmoney you make me look bad im always compared to you, you are the one that admits you are a troll.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::drunk::drunk::bs:

#knickstrolls

BigBlueCrew
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I like how you and Wavey make all these dumb hashtags :shrug: like they mean anything

KingPosey
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
They are missing Brook, and are a new thing. I REALLY think the biggest thing holding them back is Deron. His play regressed when he came to NJ, and he has not adjusted it back.

He really isnt the same player he was in Utah.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Dallas in 2011 without Dirk lost 9 in a row and won the ship

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Jmoney you make me look bad im always compared to you, you are the one that admits you are a troll.

Lol. Sometimes you really are genuinely funny.

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Dallas in 2011 without Dirk lost 9 in a row and won the ship

Good comparison.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Good comparison.

thank you they didnt have a ton of superstars they had good pieces..

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Two of those pieces are doing a fine job in NY right now.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Two of those pieces are doing a fine job in NY right now.

it makes more than 2 pieces it was a team effort. and one of those pieces is 40 years of age.

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
it makes more than 2 pieces it was a team effort. and one of those pieces is 40 years of age.

Don't worry, the Knicks team effort is not something to be concerned about.

bklynny67
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM

yep... u think they aren't good because they are boring to me... hitting game winners at the buzzer... crushing the defending champion Heat by 20 pts TWICE, comeback wins late in the 4th... yep, very boring...

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your complete lack of basketball knowledge and the fact you're the biggest knick hater/troll on here. :facepalm:

Seriously, you just said the Knicks aren't good? Wow.... this not so good team has beaten A LOT of very good teams already. That's weird.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Don't worry, the Knicks team effort is not something to be concerned about.

I would never worry, im not a Knick fan.

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I would never worry, im not a Knick fan.

We know. :D

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 08:07 PM

lol

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 08:08 PM
We know. :D

We dont have a lot in common, I think Seinfeld might be the worst creation in history of TV.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM

totally. And the Nets have been perennial 55 game winners who made deep playoff runs for the last 7 years, just like the Mavs were that year...

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
We dont have a lot in common, I think Seinfeld might be the worst creation in history of TV.

I do not want Favors to "do me", yet another thing with disagree on.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
totally. And the Nets have been perennial 55 game winners who made deep playoff runs for the last 7 years, just like the Mavs were that year...

That Mavs team was totally new only Dirk and Terry remained from those years. Deshawn and Tyson were only there for a year and started, SHawn Marion only 2 years, Brendan Haywood.

GiantsSwaGG
12-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Is favors still a net?

ee
12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
I really don't wanna make excuses but the loss of lopez and playing 2 top teams and 2 potential playoff teams hurts....nets do have a very light schedule coming up so don't be surprised when they get back to top 3 after december...

netsgiantsyanks
12-10-2012, 09:04 PM
people can downgrade lopez all they want, he's a important part of the team.

KnickNyKnick
12-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Nets will be fine. and will be atleast top 4. theyre off to a good start. Considering the team is still gelling.

el hidalgo
12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
domefavors clearly doesnt believe what he is saying. look at his sig. he is a satirical homer. do people not get this yet?

D2theJ
12-10-2012, 09:19 PM
God I hope the Nets beat the Knicks in the playoffs. So sick of Knick fans and really NY fans in general. I've lived in NY my whole life and 90% of NY fans make me so mad with how much they overrate their teams. Every thread I read like this is just so frustrating, leave the Nets alone they can still be a top team and potentially beat anyone other than the Heat in the East.

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Sorry but the notion that Brook Lopez (who is not a great defender even if improving) would fix the Nets defensive woes is laughable.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Sorry but the notion that Brook Lopez (who is not a great defender even if improving) would fix the Nets defensive woes is laughable.

explain why the nets went from 10th to 19th in defensive efficiency with his injury

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
explain why the nets went from 10th to 19th in defensive efficiency with his injury

Perfect storm. Brook missed games where he probably would have made little difference defensively.

The Nets have no great defenders except maybe Wallace. So that early good defense by them was going to be hard to sustain on effort alone. Also the Nets struggle to defend speedy athletic guards and wings (multiple losses to GSW and MIA, losses to MIL and OKC).

Our pick and roll D is terrible and Brook is not any better at it than the woeful Humphries.

Our transition D is among the worst in the league and how does Brook help with that? He is slow as hell.

EDIT: BTW pointing to defensive dominance based on a small sample size is dumb.

ee
12-10-2012, 09:47 PM

Brook improved his blocks but he's still no good post defender and slow to rotate.... Both the team and Lopez learned how to use his size effectively which commands a good amount of space in the middle.....
The reason why we seem better defensively with brook is more on his effectiveness on offense..... With him, we can milk the shot clock and still get a high percentage shot which slows the pace down that forces the opposing team to run plays, disrupt their rhythm.... Without brook, we're chucking up 3's which gets the opposng team the pace they need to destroy us....

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Brook improved his blocks but he's still no good post defender and slow to rotate.... Both the team and Lopez learned how to use his size effectively which commands a good amount of space in the middle.....
The reason why we seem better defensively with brook is more on his effectiveness on offense..... With him, we can milk the shot clock and still get a high percentage shot which slows the pace down that forces the opposing team to run plays, disrupt their rhythm.... Without brook, we're chucking up 3's which gets the opposng team the pace they need to destroy us....

Great points

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 09:53 PM

there is no "we seem"... its "we are"... we were a better defensive team with brook in the lineup... and the only reason I'm emphatic with this is due to the statistical evidence. I can't argue against statistical evidence

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
When Nets were winning 5 games in a row nobody gave them credit on this site, so now that they lost 4 in a row people are all over it. Atleast be consistent. How come when Nets won 5 in a row there wasnt a thread Are Brooklyn Nets a top NBA team?

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Perfect storm. Brook missed games where he probably would have made little difference defensively.

The Nets have no great defenders except maybe Wallace. So that early good defense by them was going to be hard to sustain on effort alone. Also the Nets struggle to defend speedy athletic guards and wings (multiple losses to GSW and MIA, losses to MIL and OKC).

Our pick and roll D is terrible and Brook is not any better at it than the woeful Humphries.

Our transition D is among the worst in the league and how does Brook help with that? He is slow as hell.

EDIT: BTW pointing to defensive dominance based on a small sample size is dumb.

you can call it dumb but its easily the reason for our skid... we were steadily improving on D and as soon as he's injured we get worse?

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 09:59 PM
there is no "we seem"... its "we are"... we were a better defensive team with brook in the lineup... and the only reason I'm emphatic with this is due to the statistical evidence. I can't argue against statistical evidence

Statistical evidence based on 10 games he played because it benefits your argument. Seems legit.

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
When Nets were winning 5 games in a row nobody gave them credit on this site, so now that they lost 4 in a row people are all over it. Atleast be consistent. How come when Nets won 5 in a row there wasnt a thread Are Brooklyn Nets a top NBA team?

5 wins against 3 bad times (Orlando twice) and Boston without Rondo.

4 losses against good teams.

That's why.

For the record they are a good team and will be in the mix come playoff time but stop telling us they are a top team when they haven't proved a damn thing yet.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Statistical evidence based on 10 games he played because it benefits your argument. Seems legit.

its 14 games and its a comparison between our team with him and without.

but it doesnt benefit your argument so its ok for you to dismiss it lol

ee
12-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm not going agaisnt brook, i know we are better defensively with him...I just pointed the that only reason is because of what he brings to us offensively, which gives us pace and allows us to set our defense better....

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm not going agaisnt brook, i know we are better defensively with him...I just pointed the that only reason is because of what he brings to us offensively, which gives us pace and allows us to set our defense better....

:clap:

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
you can call it dumb but its easily the reason for our skid... we were steadily improving on D and as soon as he's injured we get worse?

We were not improving. In fact we dropped to 12th defensively just before he went down and were getting worse not better.

You are doing nothing but throwing out opinion with nothing to back it except 10 games worth of games that Brook played (and he was exposed in some of them).

You have to wait for a bigger sample size.

We definitely needed Brook's 18pts but what really killed us during this losing streak is defense.

Daaaarryyl
12-10-2012, 10:06 PM

You should capitalize the first letter of the first word when beginning a sentence.

javsvt
12-10-2012, 10:06 PM

You should've made one, no Knick is gonna make it.:laugh:

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:07 PM
We were not improving. In fact we dropped to 12th defensively just before he went down and were getting worse not better.

You are doing nothing but throwing out opinion with nothing to back it except 10 games worth of games that Brook played (and he was exposed in some of them).

You have to wait for a bigger sample size.

We definitely needed Brook's 18pts but what really killed us during this losing streak is defense.

this is not true at all... but I expect that from a brook lopez hater

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 10:08 PM
5 wins against 3 bad times (Orlando twice) and Boston without Rondo.

4 losses against good teams.

That's why.

For the record they are a good team and will be in the mix come playoff time but stop telling us they are a top team when they haven't proved a damn thing yet.

Ok so if Nets beat Boston without Rondo and it doesnt count, then I guess the losses without Brook Lopez dont count.

ee
12-10-2012, 10:10 PM

I actually read some really good encouraging post from knick fans in this thread..... The first few after the OP were pretty decent for knick fans....

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Ok so if Nets beat Boston without Rondo and it doesnt count, then I guess the losses without Brook Lopez dont count.

I said three bad team implying Boston is a good team. You are the one glorifying that win streak so at least call a spade a spade.

BBallfan8
12-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Brooklyn's Backcourt!!!!!!!!

Go back to Jersey =]

Daaaarryyl
Atleast be consistent.

Do you think the Bucks and T-Wolves are better than the Nets? They beat them head to head.

Hint: Test of consistency.

GiantsSwaGG
You should capitalize the first letter of the first word when beginning a sentence.

:laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I said three bad team implying Boston is a good team. You are the one glorifying that win streak so at least call a spade a spade.

Its hard to beat OKC and Heat even with your best player and Nets didnt have Brook so I am saying its not really a big deal.

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 10:14 PM
its 14 games and its a comparison between our team with him and without.

but it doesnt benefit your argument so its ok for you to dismiss it lol

You completely dismissed the facts i gave you and proceeded to use circumstantial evidence to prove Lopez is good defensively.

He has improved defensively but none of the areas i pointed out are areas Brook will help us with. His offense was sorely needed and his rim protection as well but it's not like he is a defensive beast out there that makes players think twice about driving the lane.

During our 5 game losing streak (which Brook has been out for) we faced teams that we struggle with. Our team is terrible at defending the pick and roll and our transition D is woeful because we lack speed and athleticism. We struggle to defend speedy, scoring guards and wings.

I cannot see how Brook helps that. You are using some vague blanket stat (defensive efficiency) in order to back some shaky claim that Brook would have helped us defensively during this losing streak.

I will not even talk about's Brook's offense which is far from a given against teams like MIL that can bully him down low and MIA who made him look like crap last time.

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 10:17 PM

If Brook Lopez continues with this efficiency (based on 10 games) i can see our team being a middle of the pack defensive team. If the Nets can pair him with a PF like Nene who is excellent on the pick and roll our defense improves a lot.

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
this is not true at all... but I expect that from a brook lopez hater

The fact that you missed the opportunity to correct me (since i was not 100% sure about that stat) and instead chose to call me a "hater" shows me that there is no value in debating with you. "hater" is the most overused word on PSD and usually seen when a fanboy gets butt-hurt and lacks an argument.

I can see why people compare you to DMF. You are a completely clueless fanboy. I can dig it.

EDIT: Just checked and according to posters over at NetsDaily we were around 12th when Brook went down. Either way such early defensive stats are misleading. Heat look bad defensively but i still think they are the best defense in the league.

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Its hard to beat OKC and Heat even with your best player and Nets didnt have Brook so I am saying its not really a big deal.

And neither are most of there wins. Like I said, they can be a good team but they are not a top team. Huge difference.

They are not on the same level as the Heat, Spurs, Thunder et al.

They are a bottom tier two team right now. The jury is still out on them. I know it's hard for you, but why not start boasting about how good they are once they earn it?

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:22 PM
You completely dismissed the facts i gave you and proceeded to use circumstantial evidence to prove Lopez is good defensively.

He has improved defensively but none of the areas i pointed out are areas Brook will help us with. His offense was sorely needed and his rim protection as well but it's not like he is a defensive beast out there that makes players think twice about driving the lane.

During our 5 game losing streak (which Brook has been out for) we faced teams that we struggle with. Our team is terrible at defending the pick and roll and our transition D is woeful because we lack speed and athleticism. We struggle to defend speedy, scoring guards and wings.

I cannot see how Brook helps that. You are using some vague blanket stat (defensive efficiency) in order to back some shaky claim that Brook would have helped us defensively during this losing streak.

I will not even talk about's Brook's offense which is far from a given against teams like MIL that can bully him down low and MIA who made him look like crap last time.

its a "vague blanket stat" because it goes against your argument... but it reality thats how team defense is measured in the nba

I never said brook was a defensive beast but he has more of an impact than any other frontcourt player hence why we dropped in defense since he has been injured

javsvt
12-10-2012, 10:24 PM

Ok, so our loss to Nets doesn't count. We weren't at full strength also.:D

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 10:25 PM
And neither are most of there wins. Like I said, they can be a good team but they are not a top team. Huge difference.

They are not on the same level as the Heat, Spurs, Thunder et al.

They are a bottom tier two team right now. The jury is still out on them. I know it's hard for you, but why not start boasting about how good they are once they earn it?

Ofcourse they arent on the same level as Heat, Spurs, THunder they have already proved themselves as top teams, Nets are trying to get there. But as far as how good the Nets are they are right up there with those teams.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:27 PM
The fact that you missed the opportunity to correct me (since i was not 100% sure about that stat) and instead chose to call me a "hater" shows me that there is no value in debating with you.

I can see why people compare you to DMF. You are a completely clueless fanboy. I can dig it.

you bring nothing to this debate... you are debating against stats so in hindsight you are wasting your time trying to argue against it.. but I called you a brook hater because even when I prove my argument with stats (the comparison of our team defense with and without brook) you still try to find a way to go against it.

you can call me a fanboy all you want but the truth is I'm hard on lopez when its needed but ill give him credit when it's due... you on the other hand will do whatever it takes to discredit anything that he does positive because you think "people will like you" on here lol

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Ok, so our loss to Nets doesn't count. We weren't at full strength also.:D

I was just saying what was wrong with his argument, I dont believe in it.

Mr Costanza
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Ofcourse they arent on the same level as Heat, Spurs, THunder they have already proved themselves as top teams, Nets are trying to get there. But as far as how good the Nets are they are right up there with those teams.

So of course they aren't as good as them but as far as how good they are, they are right there with them??

Gotcha. Goodnight favors.

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 10:36 PM
its a "vague blanket stat" because it goes against your argument... but it reality thats how team defense is measured in the nba

I never said brook was a defensive beast but he has more of an impact than any other frontcourt player hence why we dropped in defense since he has been injured

Ridiculous statement with no evidence to support it. I do not know why i bother. Continue to ignore what i am presenting and re-hashing the same tired and idiotic argument.

"My car is working fine then i get in an accident. After that my engine started messing up. My engine seemed fine prior to the accident so therefore that means the engine started messing up because of the accident."

Absolutely childish spoken like a true homer, good sir.

By the way you are wrong. Defense is hard to quantify and defensive efficiency can be useful but it is NOT the best way to measure defense so early in the season. The Heat were ranked 23rd last i checked but i doubt anyone would consider them that bad.

jam
12-10-2012, 10:36 PM
This team doesn't have great talent, but they play very hard, and they're fortunate to be playing in an inferior conference. They'll finish at or above .500 and make the playoffs.

There's huge dropoff after the heat; the c's and knicks are the second tier; and minimal difference between 4 and 10.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Ridiculous statement with no evidence to support it. I do not know why i bother. Continue to ignore what i am presenting and re-hashing the same tired and idiotic argument.

"My car is working fine then i get in an accident. After that my engine started messing up. My engine seemed fine prior to the accident so therefore that means the engine started messing up because of the accident."

Absolutely childish spoken like a true homer, good sir.

By the way you are wrong. Defense is hard to quantify and defensive efficiency can be useful but it is NOT the best way to measure defense so early in the season. The Heat were ranked 23rd last i checked but i doubt anyone would consider them that bad.

lol I've presented evidence over and over again.... what more do you need?

the nets were 12th in defensive efficiency and now they are 19th

can you not comprehend?

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 10:44 PM
you bring nothing to this debate... you are debating against stats so in hindsight you are wasting your time trying to argue against it.. but I called you a brook hater because even when I prove my argument with stats (the comparison of our team defense with and without brook) you still try to find a way to go against it.

you can call me a fanboy all you want but the truth is I'm hard on lopez when its needed but ill give him credit when it's due... you on the other hand will do whatever it takes to discredit anything that he does positive because you think "people will like you" on here lol

You proved absolutely nothing. Defensive efficiency is a crude statistic that does nothing to show you the dynamics of the defense and why it does and does not do well.

We have no defensive players except Wallace who is not elite. We played solid defense on effort and a system that was put in place by Avery who is a great defensive coach. Combine that with the fact that we had a soft schedule to start and you have the potential for a small sample size top 10 defensive team.

The fact that Brook went down is irrelevant. Like i said... perfect storm.

Tomorrow i expect our defense to play well. Why? Because the Knicks do not run which we struggle against. The Knicks were 29th in fast break points last i checked.

They also do not have an fast speedy guards like Ellis, Jennings, Westbrook, and Curry not players that drive the lane at will like Wade and Lebron. The Knicks are a half court team which benefits us defensively and especially Brook.

After the game you will come in here and pretend it has something to do with Brook being good defensively. There is nothing but entertainment value in debating with you.

I honestly think DMF knows more about basketball than you. I mean that. I think he just pretends to be stupid in order to troll.

Chill_Will_24
12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
lol I've presented evidence over and over again.... what more do you need?

the nets were 12th in defensive efficiency and now they are 19th

can you not comprehend?

:sigh: It's like you deliberately do not read or pretend not to in order to not look stupid.

I am done. You can have the final word. It;s what i usually tell females when i argue with them just so i can be saved from the stupidity.

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
:sigh: It's like you deliberately do not read or pretend not to in order to not look stupid.

I am done. You can have the final word. It;s what i usually tell females when i argue with them just so i can be saved from the stupidity.

LOL

pot calling the kettle black

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:55 PM
You proved absolutely nothing. Defensive efficiency is a crude statistic that does nothing to show you the dynamics of the defense and why it does and does not do well.

We have no defensive players except Wallace who is not elite. We played solid defense on effort and a system that was put in place by Avery who is a great defensive coach. Combine that with the fact that we had a soft schedule to start and you have the potential for a small sample size top 10 defensive team.

The fact that Brook went down is irrelevant. Like i said... perfect storm.

Tomorrow i expect our defense to play well. Why? Because the Knicks do not run which we struggle against. The Knicks were 29th in fast break points last i checked.

They also do not have an fast speedy guards like Ellis, Jennings, Westbrook, and Curry not players that drive the lane at will like Wade and Lebron. The Knicks are a half court team which benefits us defensively and especially Brook.

After the game you will come in here and pretend it has something to do with Brook being good defensively. There is nothing but entertainment value in debating with you.

I honestly think DMF knows more about basketball than you. I mean that. I think he just pretends to be stupid in order to troll.

and our defense didnt struggle because of "fast speedy guards" or even pace.... we struggled because teams weren't scared to take the ball to the basket

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 10:57 PM

This is the MOST sensible Nets fan on PSD... the REAL "Captain" :)

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM

lol he's sensible because he hates brook lopez like the rest of you trolls

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM

The same reason nobody makes threads about the hawks when they streak... same type of team... :)

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 11:01 PM

umm no I am the captain because I know the most about the Nets and post the most about them.

BigBlueCrew
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM

yeah he must hate Brook because he is not agreeing with your super scientific theory.

"if we went from 12th to 19th in defensive efficiency with Brook out it must be due to his absence, nothing else"

what a genius

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 11:03 PM
umm no I am the captain because I know the most about the Nets and post the most about them.

no you're not stfu

rocket
No they are the best team in the league.

-DoMeFavors

Mayweather&NYK

no... you're more like the mascot...

NO other PSD nets fan even remotely thinks Nets are Championship material...:)

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 11:04 PM
yeah he must hate Brook because he is not agreeing with your super scientific theory.

"if we went from 10th to 19th in defensive efficiency with Brook out it must be due to his absence, nothing else"

what a genius

no he hates brook because he made about 5 threads during the preseason about how bad brook is and that we need to trade brook for omer asik

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 11:04 PM
no you're not stfu

You ever hear the saying "if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all"

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Brook Lopez is decent... nothing special man.... sorry to break it to you... Even you guys say Lopez is your BEST player... :facepalm:

that would make DWill and JJohnson 2nd and 3rd.... ha ha... yea ok...

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:06 PM
You Nets fans man.... lol... great comedy material....

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Brook Lopez is decent... nothing special man.... sorry to break it to you... Even you guys say Lopez is your BEST player... :facepalm:

that would make DWill and JJohnson 2nd and 3rd.... ha ha... yea ok...

lopez is arguably our best player

keep trollin

#knickstrolls

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:09 PM
lopez is arguably our best player

keep trollin

#knickstrolls

ha... Your really running out of Ammo kid... and the idea that Lopez is your best player doesnt bode well for you guys.... :)

yea I said it......... bode....

lamzoka
12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Nice to see some rational Knick fans. Lopez is our key player on BOTH ends of the court this year and we dont have the chemistry and leadership of a team like the Knicks or the Bulls to make up for his loss.

R u admitting that the knicks is the best NBA team in New York?
We are missing our 2nd best scorer (amare), our best perimeter defender (Shump) and still leading the East.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM
ha... Your really running out of Ammo kid... and the idea that Lopez is your best player doesnt bode well for you guys.... :)

yeah it does bode well for us since Deron and JJ are good players and Brook being better means he is really good. Brook has been the best center in the east (maybe even the NBA) so far.

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:12 PM
yeah it does bode well for us since Deron and JJ are good players and Brook being better means he is really good. Brook has been the best center in the east (maybe even the NBA) so far.

no... ha ha...

Didn't you used to be DoMeMELO?

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 11:13 PM
no... ha ha...

Didn't you used to be DoMeMELO?

no? watch him play, check the advanced stats he is the best C in the NBA.

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:16 PM
no? watch him play, check the advanced stats he is the best C in the NBA.

I have seen him play and you should have traded him for Asik...

I see you ignored my question about your Former name... :D

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM

why not?

because you're a knick fan and you know everything?

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 11:18 PM
I notice that its a thread about the Nets and its mostly Knick fans in here out of all fan bases. Hmmmm

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:19 PM
why not?

because you're a knick fan and you know everything?

Im sorry I dont argue with women :)

and fail at your attempt to bait :o

29$JerZ

Actually what it means is your 2 "best players" will hamper any moves/players to place near their Franchise Center because both are taking up 37 million in CAP this year alone for mediocre production that would be of better use elsewhere. It's not a good problem to have. Crash/Lopez are playing well, Brooklyn can't afford for their backcourt to suck as hard as they do.

jmoney85
I notice that its a thread about the Nets and its mostly Knick fans in here out of all fan bases. Hmmmm

like every thread about the nets

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:20 PM

Hey... did your name used to be DoMeMELO????

did your name used to be DoMeMELO????

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Im sorry I dont argue with women :)

and fail at your attempt to bait :o

#knickstrolls

Daaaarryyl
12-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I see you ignored my question about your Former name... :D

And mine as well:

Atleast be consistent.

Do you think the Bucks and T-Wolves are better than the Nets? They beat them head to head.

Hint: Test of consistency.

Smasher6
12-10-2012, 11:24 PM

You're**

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
#knickstrolls

u = :mad: :bang:

me = :dance: :laugh2:

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
You're**

Excellent first post

:D

jmoney85
12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Excellent first post

:D

yea its better than all 832 of yours

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
yea its better than all 832 of yours

:cry:

relax kid. Its nothing personal

Smasher6
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM

Speaking as a Nets fan - you are embarrassing and not only to the Nets fan base, but NBA fans in general. I've been reading this forums posts for a long time and you may be more obnoxious than Skip Bayless.

DoMeFavors
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Speaking as a Nets fan - you are embarrassing and not only to the Nets fan base, but NBA fans in general. I've been reading this forums posts for a long time and you may be more obnoxious than Skip Bayless.

Just wondering what was your other account name before this one?

Mayweather&NYK
12-10-2012, 11:29 PM

Welcome home sir....welcome home...