PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett's Postgame Reaction After Recording 0 Rebounds

Six-8-TheWizard
12-09-2012, 12:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcKUoe3qhOA&feature=youtu.be&t=1m25s

First time hes done that since Jan 21st 1997.

:laugh::laugh:

justinnum1
12-09-2012, 12:36 AM
lmao

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 12:39 AM
He is old and lazy now and doesnt have the drive to get boards anymore, only cares about money now. He knows this Celtic team doesnt have what it takes to win it all.

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2012, 12:43 AM
:laugh: KG is so damn Funny.

DreamShaker
12-09-2012, 12:46 AM
He is old and lazy now and doesnt have the drive to get boards anymore, only cares about money now. He knows this Celtic team doesnt have what it takes to win it all.

Maybe Brook Lopez could give him some rebounding lessons:p

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Maybe Brook Lopez could give him some rebounding lessons:p

Nets are a great rebounding team the Celtics are the worst...but Nets wont help another team out.

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2012, 12:50 AM
KG will rebound come playoff time, DMFs trolling has been pretty bad of late.

Bruno
12-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Nets are a great rebounding team the Celtics are the worst...but Nets wont help another team out.

The Nets are a great rebounding team?

They are 20th out of 30 teams in total rebounds.

They are below the league average in defensive rebounding percentage, and above the league average in offensive rebounding percentage.

the celtics have more defensive rebounds than the nets on the season, and have a higher defensive rebounding percentage.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013.html

the nets are a good basketball team, but those are the rebounding numbers.

EDIT: The Celtics have 25 less total rebounds on the season than the Nets. the nets are better on the offensive glass, boston better on the defensive glass.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 12:55 AM
The Nets are a great rebounding team?

They are 20th out of 30 teams in total rebounds.

They are below the league average in defensive rebounding percentage, and above the league average in offensive rebounding percentage.

the celtics have more rebounds than the nets on the season, and have a higher defensive rebounding percentage.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013.html

the nets are a good basketball team, but those are the rebounding numbers.

Lopez and Wallace have missed a lot of games when they play together check the stats

Bruno
12-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Lopez and Wallace have missed a lot of games when they play together check the stats

irrelevant. Blatch has been a monster on the glass while Lopez has been out.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 12:56 AM
KG will rebound come playoff time, DMFs trolling has been pretty bad of late.

gonna be tough when they play a top 3 team, but thank you I dont want to be a troll so if its bad trolling then I guess im doing my job of not trolling.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
irrelevant.

When you have guys like Wallace,Evans,Humphries,Lopez you are going to rebound the ball.

Bruno
12-09-2012, 01:00 AM
When you have guys like Wallace,Evans,Humphries,Lopez you are going to rebound the ball.

yes, they will get rebounds. hundreds of them over twenty or so games.

relative to other teams, they are not great. which is what you said. that's why they rank 20th out of 30 teams. if anything the Nets rebounding numbers have gotten better since the Lopez injury because Blatch has been dominant on the glass. as you should know, since you're the captain of the nets fan base.

relative to the rest of the league, they are not great. not bad either. simple as that.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:01 AM

relative to other teams, they are not great. which is what you said. that's why they rank 20th out of 30 teams. if anything the Nets rebounding numbers have gotten better since the Lopez injury because Blatch has been dominant on the glass. as you should know, since you're the captain of the nets fan base.

relative to the rest of the league, they are not great. not bad either. simple as that.

Well still 10 slots better is a lot better than the Celtics, is what im saying.

Bruno
any word on the box-score 'error'?

LAKobeBryant
"thats f*cken bu11sh1t" lol

Bruno
12-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Well still 10 slots better is a lot better than the Celtics, is what im saying.

oh, so not great, but better than boston.

it's not ten slots, it's two. the nets are 20th, the celtics are 22nd.

cheaptrikz
12-09-2012, 01:06 AM
"thats f*cken bu11sh1t" lol
lol that was weird

dtmagnet
12-09-2012, 01:08 AM
I think whats more hilarious is that he's wearing a scarf indoors.

Ill21
12-09-2012, 01:09 AM
He kinda looks like DMX

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:10 AM
oh, so not great, but better than boston.

it's not ten slots, it's two. the nets are 20th, the celtics are 22nd.

I dont know what stat you are looking at probably some rebound eff per min or something that means nothing to me. Watch the game instead of looking at stats.

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2012, 01:12 AM
gonna be tough when they play a top 3 team, but thank you I dont want to be a troll so if its bad trolling then I guess im doing my job of not trolling.

I :pity: you. KG will rebound come playoff time, and if Boston meets the Nets lol 5 games max in favor of Boston.

xxplayerxx23
Watch the games not the stats :laugh: Bruno don't bother man.

Bruno
I dont know what stat you are looking at probably some rebound eff per min or something that means nothing to me. Watch the game instead of looking at stats.

No, those are total rebounds. nothing advanced about that statistic, it's as simple a counting stat as their is.

i do watch the games, I just watch them without the goggles.

b-ballistic
12-09-2012, 01:16 AM
:clap:

Sportfan
12-09-2012, 01:23 AM
What is there to clap out? KG was ballin lol 9-11 from the field

heyman321
12-09-2012, 01:26 AM
pimp

Baller1
12-09-2012, 01:27 AM
KG is awesome.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2012, 01:38 AM
When he tires. :(

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Ok he had 1 rebound thats ******** lullz

Ebbs
12-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Lol cahoonas

jmoney85
12-09-2012, 02:00 AM

http://hoopdata.com/teamadvancedstats.aspx

Nets are 11th in rebounding and actually got worse since the Lopez injury... And same with team defense ... It drastically dropped since Lopez for injured.... He's not a good pnr defender but is a clear force around the rim

Bruno
12-09-2012, 02:10 AM

Nets are 11th in rebounding and actually got worse since the Lopez injury... And same with team defense ... It drastically dropped since Lopez for injured.... He's not a good pnr defender but is a clear force around the rim

11th in rebounding per game, 20th in totals. Like I said, not bad, but not great.

you're right about the team rebounding numbers going down since his injury (i was wrong). what I should have said is- Blatche has rebounded more per game since starting in Lopezs place- than Lopez does on the season. why the team rebounding has gone down on the whole without Lopez (despite the fact that his replacement has been better than he is on the glass) is something I can't explain. perhaps what you say is true- that his presence around the rim is beneficial to his teams overall rebounding, even if he isn't the one pulling them down himself.

good post.

Guppyfighter
12-09-2012, 02:13 AM
11th in rebounding per game, 20th in totals. Like I said, not bad, but not great.

you're right about the team rebounding numbers going down since his injury (i was wrong). what I should have said is- Blatche has rebounded more per game since starting in Lopezs place- than Lopez does on the season. why the team rebounding has gone down on the whole without Lopez (despite the fact that his replacement has been better than he is on the glass) is something I can't explain. perhaps what you say is true- that his presence around the rim is beneficial to his teams overall rebounding, even if he isn't the one pulling them down himself.

good post.

Small sample size is why it has gone down. They have played good rebounding teams.

Chronz
12-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Celtics dont crash the offensive glass, its a weakness but it does come with its advantages. Defensively however, the Celtics are still top notch.

I cant believe I just heard Lopez name called when discussing a player helping his team in the rebounding department.

LA_Raiders
12-09-2012, 02:24 AM
dang.

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 02:26 AM
After not averaging anymore than 16 points OR 9 boards in any of the past 5 seasons, KG is becoming a bit overrated.

jmoney85
12-09-2012, 02:28 AM
I personally feel the celtics are more overrated than kg

dalton749
12-09-2012, 02:33 AM
i am insulted by his comments on behalf of andrea bargnani

Bruno
12-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Small sample size is why it has gone down. They have played good rebounding teams.

good post.
correction- 11th in total rebound rate, not rebounds per game.

Bruno
12-09-2012, 02:41 AM

that's rebounding rate, not rebounds per game. i thought you were posting the per game numbers.

Chronz
12-09-2012, 02:44 AM
After not averaging anymore than 16 points OR 9 boards in any of the past 5 seasons, KG is becoming a bit overrated.

But his main contributions come on the other end of the floor so what are you getting at?

Bruno
12-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Celtics dont crash the offensive glass, its a weakness but it does come with its advantages. Defensively however, the Celtics are still top notch.

I cant believe I just heard Lopez name called when discussing a player helping his team in the rebounding department.

i was entertaining the possibility just because I have no way of actually disproving it by the numbers.

...right? it is strange that the team boards have dropped off without him.

since he's been out they've played OKC, MIA, GS, and Orlando- with three out of the four in the top half of the league in total rebounds.

Bruno
12-09-2012, 02:53 AM
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/total-rebounds-per-game

i dont know why this was so hard to find.

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 02:54 AM
But his main contributions come on the other end of the floor so what are you getting at?

I wasn't aware that rebounding only occurred on one end of the floor :confused:

Bruno
12-09-2012, 02:56 AM

then again, these are team rebounds, which include 'team rebounds' which are rebounds that nobody gets credit for. according to this, brooklyns rebounding has gone up without lopez in the past three games.

but when you look at the box score the cumulative individual rebounding has been down...? i dont know what to make of that.

Lim
12-09-2012, 03:11 AM
how is that even possible to be 7-1 and not get a single rebound in 23 minutes?? wtf

stawka
12-09-2012, 03:59 AM
I find it funny that a funny video/thread/off-court NBA moment has a thread, which has been turned into a Nets>Knicks>Celtics>Lakers>Kobe>LeBron>D-Rose thing

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 04:06 AM
I find it funny that a funny video/thread/off-court NBA moment has a thread, which has been turned into a Nets>Knicks>Celtics>Lakers>Kobe>LeBron>D-Rose thing

but Kobe > Lakers (other than Kobe) :eyebrow:

gaughan333
12-09-2012, 04:42 AM

You are probably the worst poster on this entire site. Your bias shows in every single post you make. Why would you check those stats...you self admit they don't play every game.

PurpleJesus
12-09-2012, 04:56 AM
how is DMF not perma banned yet?

85BearsDefense
12-09-2012, 05:27 AM

Come playoff time he averaged 20-10 numbers...

CubsBullsBucs
12-09-2012, 05:27 AM

ive been a PSD lurker for years. I read posts more than i actually post my own posts. I always hear people making fun of Do Me Favors. I had no idea what they were talking about and always that they were overreacting. I actually thought this comment was a joke until I scrolled down and saw you defending it.But this comment right here is complete bull-shiiit!! are you kidding me!?!?! i dont think there is anyone in the NBA that works harder and cares more about winning than Kevin Garnett. Wow. If you think that, then you clearly know nothing about Boston or the NBA. Get out.

sammyvine
12-09-2012, 06:23 AM

He really is greedy tbh

He made over 300 million in his career yet still took a huge contract from Boston. Tim Duncan is better and took less money i think.

Also he moaned about the lack of players put around him at the Timberwolves but with the salary he was on....wasn't he earning $28 million a season.? how can a small market get other star players?

VinceCarter
12-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I :pity: you. KG will rebound come playoff time, and if Boston meets the Nets lol 5 games max in favor of Boston.

We've beat them twice. It'll be close and if not it will be in Brooklyn's favor.

Vee-Rex
12-09-2012, 07:30 AM
We've beat them twice. It'll be close and if not it will be in Brooklyn's favor.

Just like how the Knicks beat the Heat twice so any playoff series between the two will be in the Knicks favor? LOL.

Terrible logic, dude.

The playoffs are an entirely different atmosphere. Rondo and KG's game explode in the playoffs. People still underestimating the Celtics just like they do the Spurs.

Brooklyn may very well beat the Celtics in the playoffs but until we see how they play against a playoff Celtics team (which performs better, and I guarantee Doc would outcoach AJ) you have to give the favor to the C's. At least a non-biased person would.

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-09-2012, 10:32 AM
He probably blamed someone for it. He's a whiner. The anti Tim Duncan in every sense.

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2012, 10:48 AM

Regular season means nothing to the Celtics.

Green_Monster
12-09-2012, 01:03 PM

He meant his defense. Read the post before posting.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-09-2012, 01:19 PM
He still played pretty good last night:shrug:

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 01:37 PM

you are one excuse after the other dude. Injuries happen in sports. Deal with it.

bagwell368
12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
He is old and lazy now and doesnt have the drive to get boards anymore, only cares about money now.

Rubbish.

He knows this Celtic team doesnt have what it takes to win it all.

True.

Chronz
12-09-2012, 02:03 PM
i was entertaining the possibility just because I have no way of actually disproving it by the numbers.

...right? it is strange that the team boards have dropped off without him.

since he's been out they've played OKC, MIA, GS, and Orlando- with three out of the four in the top half of the league in total rebounds.

And yet even with those games, the team has rebounded significantly better with him off the court.

Chronz
12-09-2012, 02:04 PM

what do you mean?

Chronz
12-09-2012, 02:05 PM

Who said it did?

Your post claimed he was overrated but you posted stats that COMPLETELY ignore his defensive contributions, where he has still been elite. So yea hes declining but if your going to weigh his contributions solely on per game rates, your missing out on what makes KG special, even to this day.

ManRam
12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
If people stop responding to DMF's blatant trolling, maybe he'll stop.

KG is the man!

kenzo400
12-09-2012, 02:51 PM
how is that even possible to be 7-1 and not get a single rebound in 23 minutes?? wtf

Ask Bargnani, he will tell you.

sep11ie
12-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Kevin Garnett.

sep11ie
12-09-2012, 03:03 PM
KG lacks class and dresses like Justin Bieber.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Kevin Garnett.

Dude sorry, Gram is banned, and #TeamGram ended before it could even get started.

This message has been brought to you by #*********.

Sactown
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
He's mutha ****in KG! He doesn't need to rebound

sep11ie
12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Dude sorry, Gram is banned, and #TeamGram ended before it could even get started.

This message has been brought to you by #*********.

Our group without Gram is better than any group with KB-Pau-DH.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Our group without Gram is better than any group with KB-Pau-DH.

Cool story brah.

Anyways, does anyone know if they changed the box score as KG "claimed" he had 1 rebound?

Sactown
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Is Gram permanently banned?

Cal827
12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
KB, you are new at this so you will get a pass at this one..., but Gram was a Legend. Don't insult Legends on this site, or it won't end well to you.

I wish Bargs got this mad when he ends with zero Rebounds :facepalm: