PDA

View Full Version : Who should start for East all star center...Tyson chandler or Brook lopez?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Losoway
12-08-2012, 05:38 PM
arguably 2 of the best centers in the east. with roy hibbert having not such a good year and both tyson and lopez beasting .

do u guys think they will make the all star game and if so do u think either will start ?

Kashmir13579
12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Poll?

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
i dont wanna say it because i dont want countless threads to be about him by DMF.

:cool:

Mr.Nate30
12-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Varejao and Noah?

LAKERMANIA
12-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Chandler

ManRam
12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Tyson > Andy V = Brook > Noah

Jesse2272
12-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Tyson Chandler is beast man incarnate

the power of greyskull

SportsFanatic10
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
since there no longer is a center position in the allstar game it might not be either. i could see bosh getting the nod.

Ebbs
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Should be Bosh, Brook, Tyson as East C's.

ManRam
Always forgetting Bosh is a center now.

Bosh = Chandler > Andy V = Brook > Noah

Deciding between Bosh and Chandler is splitting hairs. I think if I had to pick I'd take Chandler because I think his defense is a bit more game-changing than anything Bosh does.

DoMeFavors
Chandler isnt even a backup C in the all star game he dunks the ball that takes no talent, defenders arent all stars.

ManRam
12-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Chandler isnt even a backup C in the all star game he dunks the ball that takes no talent, defenders arent all stars.

This is the most ignorant comment I've read in quite some time...well, at least since I read your last post.

Come on. Even you and your trolling self can't believe any of this...right?

SDBearsFan
12-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Joakim Noah.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 05:51 PM
This is the most ignorant comment I've read in quite some time...well, at least since I read your last post.

He isnt an all star, he doesnt play like an All Star. Look at all stars and then look at him. He dunks the ball. He has been on every team in the league he is a defender thats it.

Faneik
12-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Bosh will be the starting big man because it's a popularity contest, and he plays on a sexy team.

Right now, production wise, I'd take Varejao's 14pts,15rebs/game over anyone else.

ManRam
12-08-2012, 05:54 PM
He isnt an all star, he doesnt play like an All Star. Look at all stars and then look at him. He dunks the ball. He has been on every team in the league he is a defender thats it.

"Play like an all-star" is a stupid reason to not vote for some one. Defense matters, and acting like it means nothing is silly. He's the best center in the East...and just because he's not flashy offensively doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be an all star.

It's irrelevant, because he'll make it. So I guess there's no point in arguing.

Evolution23
12-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Good question. Do you want a Center that plays amazing defense and is a weak offensive player? Or do you want a great offensive player with no value on the defensive end?

javsvt
12-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Brooks hasn't played enough to be a allstar this year, he will probably be hurt for the allstar game anyways.....:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 05:56 PM
"Play like an all-star" is a stupid reason to not vote for some one. Defense matters, and acting like it means nothing is silly. He's the best center in the East...and just because he's not flashy offensively doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be an all star.

It's irrelevant, because he'll make it. So I guess there's no point in arguing.

Brook Lopez is the best center in the EAST......its not even close. Lopez block shots, shoots, posts up (like a real center). Best Centers in the NBA dont come off the bench for the Bobcats like Tyson or are busts like Chandler.

dtmagnet
12-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Neither, Bosh or Varejao.

Silent
12-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Brook Lopez is the best center in the EAST......its not even close. Lopez block shots, shoots, posts up (like a real center). Best Centers in the NBA dont come off the bench for the Bobcats like Tyson or are busts like Chandler.

just shut up allready dude u make your self look really stupid with what u say

TheSource
12-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Carmelo and Lebron will take the 2 F spots, so far the last position is up for grabs.

Dankster
12-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Didn't they remove the "Center" position from the All Star voting? If that's the case, I don't think either of them will be starting.

But between the 2 I'd def give the edge to Tyson. Still have to see if Lopez will be in and out of the lineup with injuries this year- having repeated surgeries on your foot when you're a monstrous 7+ footer can be detrimental to one's longevity in this league (even though he's only suffering currently from a sprained ankle).

If he can stay healthy and the Nets can continue to win and stay in the race as a 3rd/4th seed than he might have a shot.

BUt the Knicks are winning more now and Tyson is a major part of that, I'd say he's the best Center in the East right now (and Bosh, if you count him as such.)

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
just shut up allready dude u make your self look really stupid with what u say

You gotta admit, he loves his team.......:laugh:

tapajafri
12-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Lopez

Jesse2272
12-08-2012, 06:04 PM
TC avg the last 10 games 15/11

Brook 19/7

why cant Lopez bound?

weird

2-ONE-5
12-08-2012, 06:05 PM
there is no Center spot in the all star game. Bosh-Melo-Lebron will start

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:06 PM

Brook 19/7

why cant Lopez bound?

weird

Why cant Tyson stay on a team more than 2 seasons?

bucketss
12-08-2012, 06:07 PM
dmf makes it so hard to root for the nets.

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Why cant Tyson stay on a team more than 2 seasons?

Why can't Lopez play a whole season?

Lakers Ghost
12-08-2012, 06:09 PM
arguably 2 of the best centers in the east. with roy hibbert having not such a good year and both tyson and lopez beasting .

do u guys think they will make the all star game and if so do u think either will start ?

:facepalm: really. no of them

there are better players out there plus dont forget that the c position was eliminated from the allstar meaning a foward can play center

better players Bosh, noah, varejao, horford and others are ahead of lopez and tyson.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:10 PM

Why in 11 years Tyson cant shoot jump shots or post up?

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Why in 11 years Tyson cant shoot jump shots or post up?

Oh, hold on, I would ask him but he is polishing his championship ring.....

1-800-STFU
12-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Ben Wallace

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh, hold on, I would ask him but he is polishing his championship ring.....

I wonder if the great Derek Fisher is polishing his 5 rings since he is one of the best of all time. Tyson should give his ring to Dirk and JET for winning him one.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Ben Wallace

Ben Wallace defensivly is 100 times better than 2001 Bust...I refuse to call him by name.

koreancabbage
12-08-2012, 06:14 PM

Ben Wallace. 4x all star.

koreancabbage
12-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Ben Wallace defensivly is 100 times better than 2001 Bust...I refuse to call him by name.

Based on what fact that he's 100 times better.

Brook Lopez won't even sniff all star if he can't keep healthy. Brook Lopez is a bust since he can't himself on the floor anymore

At least Chandler has a championship ring.

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:17 PM
I wonder if the great Derek Fisher is polishing his 5 rings since he is one of the best of all time. Tyson should give his ring to Dirk and JET for winning him one.

If you ask Kidd, he says Tyson was the leader on that defense. And to answer your question, he never had to shoot jumpers, apparently he helps with defense and rebounds.
Never answered mine, is Brook gonna play a whole season, or should NJ just trade his broken down body?

Dankster

That's not fair DoMefavors. Tyson was instrumental in that playoff run the Mavs had and was their defensive MVP.

You're right he can't really shoot or post up. He's hit a couple 10 footers this year (he's spoken about keeping the defenses honest and being more aggressive with his shot if he's wide open.) He's also a good free throw shooter year. I can't argue that most of his points come from dunks and putbacks because its true, but his efficiency is so dam incredible that you can't consider him anything less than "average" at worse on the offensive side of the ball.

And his defense is obviously outstanding. When you look at their all around games, on both sides of the ball, I personally give the edge to Tyson.

1-800-STFU

I 100% agree Wallace is/was better, but Chandler has had a similar impact kn the Knicks so far....granted a small sample size

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 06:19 PM

hahahahahha

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Based on what fact that he's 100 times better.

Brook Lopez won't even sniff all star if he can't keep healthy. Brook Lopez is a bust since he can't himself on the floor anymore

At least Chandler has a championship ring.

Thats in the past that he won the championship I guess Fisher is better than Paul since he won a ring.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:20 PM
If you ask Kidd, he says Tyson was the leader on that defense. And to answer your question, he never had to shoot jumpers, apparently he helps with defense and rebounds.
Never answered mine, is Brook gonna play a whole season, or should NJ just trade his broken down body?

82 82 82 games his first 3 years just cause he broke his foot last year he never played an entire season? Whos making more money? Brook Lopez

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Thats in the past that he won the championship I guess Fisher is better than Paul since he won a ring.

You are so comical, I actually enjoy your posts, makes me laugh. Maybe you should sit next to Brook on the benchsince he is always hurt, and entertain him during games.

CubsBullsBucs
12-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Tyson > Andy V = Brook > Noah

No

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:22 PM
That's not fair DoMefavors. Tyson was instrumental in that playoff run the Mavs had and was their defensive MVP.

You're right he can't really shoot or post up. He's hit a couple 10 footers this year (he's spoken about keeping the defenses honest and being more aggressive with his shot if he's wide open.) He's also a good free throw shooter year. I can't argue that most of his points come from dunks and putbacks because its true, but his efficiency is so dam incredible that you can't consider him anything less than "average" at worse on the offensive side of the ball.

And his defense is obviously outstanding. When you look at their all around games, on both sides of the ball, I personally give the edge to Tyson.

Ok he played defense but who made the game winning shots? Terry and Dirk, who carried them on offense and was unstoppable Dirk? Tyson guarded Joel Anthony...not that tough to do.

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:22 PM
82 82 82 games his first 3 years just cause he broke his foot last year he never played an entire season? Whos making more money? Brook Lopez

What are you saying, we are going by contracts now? Man you are pulling everything out of the hat, you are reaching bro.:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
You are so comical, I actually enjoy your posts, makes me laugh. Maybe you should sit next to Brook on the benchsince he is always hurt, and entertain him during games.

I would love too sit next to the best center in the NBA Brook Lopez, that would be a dream come true.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 06:23 PM

are u kidding me right now he was the best part of their team without him no championship for dirk and jet! just give it up dude the guy u wont refer to by name is better than your Center the end!
you also realize no one on here takes u serious and as much **** as you talk about your team it really makes everyone hate you and your team!

Jesse2272
12-08-2012, 06:24 PM

Brook 19/7

why cant Lopez bound?

weird

Ill just post it again, not in TC defense but really

the 5 gives you 7 bounds per game

there's a problem

javsvt
I would love too sit next to the best center in the NBA Brook Lopez, that would be a dream come true.

I'm sure he would love to hear that coming from the only person that believes that.

lvlheaded
The allstar game is terrible anyway. Its a popularity contest, it does not display any value to the team at all. Take into a count that the C position does not exist in the ASG anymore and you are gonna have a front court of Melo-LeBron-Bosh.

That said, Brook's biggest value comes on the offensive side while he plays zero D. Tyson is the reigning DPOY and grabs boards like a MOFO, but his offensive game is throwing it down on the PnR or Oop pass. With D-Will running a PnR and Melo on the outside shooting, there would be a better flow with Tyson IMO. But it doesnt matter. Neither will start, Bosh will. Tyson will probably get the back up spot. Brook will probably be hurt

Silent
Ok he played defense but who made the game winning shots? Terry and Dirk, who carried them on offense and was unstoppable Dirk? Tyson guarded Joel Anthony...not that tough to do.

How old are you, And one more question are u legally Autistic?

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm sure he would love to hear that coming from the only person that believes that.

Shaq

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Shaq
That's like listening to Barkely.....:pity:

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 06:28 PM
How old are you, And one more question are u legally Autistic?

i think its considered ********! autistic kids have more common sense bro trust me my girl works with em and theyre iq is way higher than DumbMother****a's

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Shaq

shaq does it for the ratings!!!! smh...

Silent
i think its considered ********! autistic kids have more common sense bro trust me my girl works with em and theyre iq is way higher than DumbMother****a's

yeah i know i was watching how i said it don't need any more bans

DoMeFavors
That's like listening to Barkely.....:pity:

They played in the NBA they know what they are talking about, thats why the NBA coaches who coach in the NBA gave the 2001 bust 2nd team all defense while the media (who know nothing about basketball) gave him DPOY. Just like the coachs will put the real all stars in the game.

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
They played in the NBA they know what they are talking about, thats why the NBA coaches who coach in the NBA gave the 2001 bust 2nd team all defense while the media (who know nothing about basketball) gave him DPOY. Just like the coachs will put the real all stars in the game.

Ok, so you say the Nets are better than the Knicks, but Magic said the Knicks are better, so I should believe you? LOL

sep11ie
12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow, fans of these two teams just can't shut up about themselves.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 06:31 PM

so now your saying brook wont be there? smh make up ur mind

lvlheaded
12-08-2012, 06:31 PM

By this logic- Ben Gordon> Rondo and Nash, Joe Johnson> Kevin Durant, Rudy Gay> Kevin Love, Bynum(who isnt playing) and Al Jeff>Marc Gasol

The salaries mean absolutely nothing

KingsOfQueens
12-08-2012, 06:33 PM
LMAO DoMeFavors me and my roommates are laughing hysterically at your comments right now.

You're an idiot. :laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:34 PM
By this logic- Ben Gordon> Rondo and Nash, Joe Johnson> Kevin Durant, Rudy Gay> Kevin Love, Bynum(who isnt playing) and Al Jeff>Marc Gasol

The salaries mean absolutely nothing

Those are all old guys making more cause they are able to cause of how long they been in the league. Brook has been in the league for less than 5 years and already making more.

Hawkeye15
Good question. Do you want a Center that plays amazing defense and is a weak offensive player? Or do you want a great offensive player with no value on the defensive end?

Chandler has blown away everyone the last 3 years in TS% an Offensive rating. He isn't a volume scorer, but he aint hurting his teams offense in the slightest....

javsvt
Those are all old guys making more cause they are able to cause of how long they been in the league. Brook has been in the league for less than 5 years and already making more.

He should give money back.....

lvlheaded
12-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I never knew Lopez was 265. Youd think hed be able to out body more guys for boards

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Like it or not Lopez is a Mexican American dominating the sport, and if you guys dont like it then you really need to look yourselfs in the mirror and question if you are racist.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
12-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Joakim Noah, is this a joke?

lvlheaded
12-08-2012, 06:41 PM

Steve Nash is older than both Rondo and Ben Gordon and makes less than both of them.

Kevin Love and Rudy Gay were eligible for the same extensions. Love decided to sign his without going to FA while Rudy Gay got a MAX offer in the FA market so the Grizz basically had to match. Bynum and Al Jeff were both drafted a little earlier than Gasol, but got their contracts at the same age Gasol did, making your age argument there invalid. The only place you have a case is JJ vs Durant and every one in the NBA knows JJ shouldnt have gotten a MAX deal.

Using salaries to compare players is probably the worst way to do it.

sep11ie
12-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Like it or not Lopez is a Mexican American dominating the sport, and if you guys dont like it then you really need to look yourselfs in the mirror and question if you are racist.

He's half Cuban and half white. Nice to see you know your players...

You should change your name to DoMeLopez.

javsvt

It's comments like this where I think you are putting on a show. After this stupid post, you should be banned from this site, seriously.

lvlheaded

:confused: when did anyone say anything about race? Tyson is black, does that make you racist for saying that Lopez is better?

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:43 PM
:confused: when did anyone say anything about race? Tyson is black, does that make you racist for saying that Lopez is better?

no cause I am black

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:43 PM

This is why I think he should be banned, accusing others of racism, reason for ban!

Broadwayjoe NY
12-08-2012, 06:44 PM

The scariest part of this entire thread is that people like yourself are actually allowed to vote. That right there scares the hell out of me and makes me weep for our future.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:44 PM
The scariest part of this entire thread is that people like yourself are actually allowed to vote. That right there scares the hell out of me and makes me weep for our future.

1 vote doesnt decide an election

Broadwayjoe NY
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
no cause I am black

Oh that's right, I forgot we live in a world where people of one race are unequivocally incapable of hating their own race. Phew, for a second I thought it was possible. Thanks for reminding me.

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM

Thank god, we'd have the whole Nets starting lineup in in allstar game.:horse:

Broadwayjoe NY
12-08-2012, 06:46 PM

Thank god.

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Oh that's right, I forgot we live in a world where people of one race are unequivocally incapable of hating their own race. Phew, for a second I thought it was possible. Thanks for reminding me.

I hate Lopez, and I'm Spanish, but I only hate him cause of DMF.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
haha fans can vote once a day not only does he not know his own players he dont no jack bout the asg either lmao prob shouldnt tell him that though

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Thank god, we'd have the whole Nets starting lineup in in allstar game.:horse:

Actually probably 3 of nets 5 starters would be starting the game if it was up to me.

Deron is the best pg in the EAST by miles
Joe is playing better than Dwayne Wade
Lopez is best center in the EAST

Deron
Joe
LeBron
Melo
Lopez

Chill_Will_24
12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Neither. Varejao deserves it but i think Bosh gets the nod

javsvt
12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
LOL, holy cow you put Melo in, unbelievable.:clap:

Broadwayjoe NY
I hate Lopez, and I'm Spanish, but I only hate him cause of DMF.

It's remarkable how he's capable of doing that lol.

Actually probably 3 of nets 5 starters would be starting the game if it was up to me.

Deron
Joe
LeBron
Melo
Lopez

BAHAHAH you can't even be serious. Even with Wade's deteriorating/unmotivated level of play, he's still one of the better guards in the whole league. Whereas JJ's level of play is actually hurting his team.

JJ's numbers:

PER = 13.6
WS/48 = .079

Yea, JJ is really killing it.

bucketss

yeah but you can reproduce.. actually on second thought i don't think that would be much of a problem:D

DoMeFavors
LOL, holy cow you put Melo in, unbelievable.:clap:

why wouldnt I?

justinnum1

Deron
Joe
LeBron
Melo
Lopez
dont be foolish. joe johnson has been a scrub this season. his PEr is not even in the top 100.

derozan has a better per this season lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I hope Bynum gets voted in even though he hasn't played a single game yet. :laugh2:

KnickaBocka.44
12-08-2012, 06:55 PM

Deron
Joe
LeBron
Melo
Lopez

Demar DeRozan is playing better than Joe Johnson
Jrue Holiday has been better than Deron this year
and Tyson is the best C in the east

All of those players are in the the Atlantic so none of the players you mentioned are even the best in their division.

2-ONE-5
12-08-2012, 06:55 PM

Deron
Joe
LeBron
Melo
Lopez

LOL show some stats the prove they should start/make the all star game compared to other players.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM

All of those players are in the the Atlantic so none of the players you mentioned are even the best in their division.

Except Joe beat Demar, Brook beat Tyson and Nets would kill the 76ers so...

2-ONE-5
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM

agree. kind of a weird feeling agreeing with a NYK fan tho lol.

KnickaBocka.44
12-08-2012, 06:58 PM

This...is just flat out wrong and completely illogical.

2-ONE-5

LOL what makes you think the nets would kill the sixers? when did those guys all play 1v1? AS game has nothing to do with what team beat what.

bucketss

wade beat joe whats your point?

Chill_Will_24
12-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Another DMF classic

BSplaya2121
12-08-2012, 07:01 PM

The best part about you DMF is you are such a homer, that if eddy curry was the starting center on your team and not lopez, I have no doubt in my mind you would say that Curry is the best center in the east lol

DoMeFavors
wade beat joe whats your point?

if your team has the MVP it doesnt count

KnickaBocka.44
agree. kind of a weird feeling agreeing with a NYK fan tho lol.

lol There is hope.

I remember getting in a debate with you about Evan Turner and I said he was Landry Fields 2.0 or something like that. I must admit that I was wrong about him he's surprised me a lot with his improved outside shooting. He's going to be a real nice 2 way player.

javsvt
Again reaching, keep posting DMF, makes you look so dumb.

Chill_Will_24
12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
DMF :worthy:

bucketss
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM

if you have the best pg in the league, a sg that is better than wade and the best center in the east it doesn't count if you beat a team with no allstar caliber players

thats your own logic demar> joe

how you feel?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
larry sanders is starting now by the asg he cud get the nod!

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM
sanders
GP MPG FG% RPG APG BLKPG STPG PFPG PPG
December 4 25.5 .516 10.0 1.3 4.5 1.5 3.0 9.5
In Wins 9 23.8 .593 8.3 0.6 2.9 0.4 4.0 9.2
In Losses 9 22.0 .491 7.1 1.2 3.2 1.0 4.0 6.4

PPG RPG BLKPG PER
7.8 7.7 3.1 18.84

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 07:07 PM
You guys make me laugh, I cant wait untill June when Brook Lopez wins finals MVP and you guys are all upset after rooting against the Nets.

D2theJ
12-08-2012, 07:07 PM
If the NBA cared more about defense then maybe it would be Chandler, but they don't. The NBA is a stats league and Chandler doesn't put up great stats. He's mediocre all around other than his defense, he isnt even an elite shot blocker. I'd take Noah over Chandler. The guy is good but he is so overrated I'm so sick of hearing how great he is. I watch him play he sets dirty screens all day and hits dunks and lay ups. He does play good defense I'll give him that he knows where to be defensively, but the rest of his game is not all star material its ridiculous that he gets so much credit.

Chill_Will_24
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
If the NBA cared more about defense then maybe it would be Chandler, but they don't. The NBA is a stats league and Chandler doesn't put up great stats. He's mediocre all around other than his defense, he isnt even an elite shot blocker. I'd take Noah over Chandler. The guy is good but he is so overrated I'm so sick of hearing how great he is. I watch him play he sets dirty screens all day and hits dunks and lay ups. He does play good defense I'll give him that he knows where to be defensively, but the rest of his game is not all star material its ridiculous that he gets so much credit.

Anderson Varejao?

netsgiantsyanks
12-08-2012, 07:12 PM

the awkward moment when brook lopez didn't miss a game until last season.

LongWayFromHome
12-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Anderson Varejao

Chill_Will_24
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Brook Lopez looks like a big *** Justin Timberlake

chitown4eva88
12-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Noah

D2theJ
12-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Anderson Varejao?

I'd take Varejao over him too.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Anderson Varejo is Corey Maggette or Monta Ellis from a few years ago put up these stats but dont win games.

smood999
12-08-2012, 07:18 PM
see mo williams all star campaign...if the Knicks remain one of the top 2 teams in the east, Chandler will get the nod over all other centers in the coaches vote since they typically place at least 2 all stars from the top teams...

NYYCowboys
12-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I'd take Chandler since he is on the best team in the Eastern Conference and they should have 2 allstars. But they've been pretty even this year.

STA_PLAR
12-08-2012, 07:28 PM
If Mutumbo can make All- Star games so should Chandler... He is not as good of a shot blocker as Dikembe but his PnR is way better and he is a slightly better scorer.

Faneik
12-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Anderson Varejo is Corey Maggette or Monta Ellis from a few years ago put up these stats but dont win games.

Put Brook on the Cavs instead of Varejao, and the Cavs would win even less.

That argument is overused and weak. Basketball is 5 on 5, you need help to win games.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 07:39 PM
If Mutumbo can make All- Star games so should Chandler... He is not as good of a shot blocker as Dikembe but his PnR is way better and he is a slightly better scorer.

Mutombos d was soooo good, just cause Tyson is a good defender you dont put him next to one of the best of all time. Plus Mutombo was a lot better rebounder.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Put Brook on the Cavs instead of Varejao, and the Cavs would win even less.

That argument is overused and weak. Basketball is 5 on 5, you need help to win games.

um no Brook Lopez is the reason Nets were winning so much.

NYYCowboys
12-08-2012, 07:41 PM
On the offensive end Chandler is averaging respectable, and career high 16.7 P/40, while shooting a ridiculous 71.2% from the field including 80% in his last 10 games, and a 74.4% TS%. Add that with his great defense, and it's hard really to argue against him.

Melo is doing great now, but last year I think Tyson was our best player, and I expected him before the season to be our best player this year.

NYYCowboys
12-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Mutombos d was soooo good, just cause Tyson is a good defender you dont put him next to one of the best of all time. Plus Mutombo was a lot better rebounder.

He won DPOY last year, and shot the best FG% second only to Wilt Chamberlain for one season. He's no Mutombo in his prime on D, but he definitely deserves Allstar consideration.

chicagocubsfan
12-08-2012, 07:43 PM
:clap::facepalm::clap::facepalm::speechless:

29$JerZ
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Early on it was Lopez, as of now Chandler should start over him.

Still see Bosh starting but as of now the Center for the best team in the East and division is Chandler

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
He won DPOY last year, and shot the best FG% second only to Wilt Chamberlain for one season. He's no Mutombo in his prime on D, but he definitely deserves Allstar consideration.

who cares about FG% if he gets fouled it doesnt count as a shot so if he keeps dunking or put backs he is going to shoot high %

jmoney85
12-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I just read DMF's sig for the first time and I honestly almost cried from laughter

RonE Coleman
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM
who cares about FG% if he gets fouled it doesnt count as a shot so if he keeps dunking or put backs he is going to shoot high %

Why does it matter how he scores? If hes hitting 7-8 shots a game while rebounding and playing great defense he can only help his team.

And why are you mentioning free throws? Hes not Dwight, hes a 75% free throw shooter. And last time I checked, made free throws still go up on the scoreboard.

:facepalm:

effen5
Should be Andy V and Noah. Not the other two players that you guys are *****ing about.

Faneik
Early on it was Lopez, as of now Chandler should start over him.

Still see Bosh starting but as of now the Center for the best team in the East and division is Chandler

Barring injury Bosh will start. Lebron/Heat fans are the reason why. It's a popularity contest, it's not about productivity.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Why does it matter how he scores? If hes hitting 7-8 shots a game while rebounding and playing great defense he can only help his team.

And why are you mentioning free throws? Hes not Dwight, hes a 75% free throw shooter. And last time I checked, made free throws still go up on the scoreboard.

:facepalm:

Show me where I talked about free throws?

RonE Coleman
12-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Show me where I talked about free throws?

What happens when you get fouled on a shot?

Faneik
12-08-2012, 07:54 PM
um no Brook Lopez is the reason Nets were winning so much.

Yeah the fact he's playing with 3 all-stars is not worth mentioning.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
What happens when you get fouled on a shot?

I was saying that if he gets fouled the shot doesnt count against his FG% if he misses so he is going to get dunks all game his FG% would drop if he posted up or shot jumpers like most bigs.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I was saying that if he gets fouled the shot doesnt count against his FG% if he misses so he is going to get dunks all game his FG% would drop if he posted up or shot jumpers like most bigs.

if brook could dunk the ball 8 times per game ud be so happy so stfu on that one instead he misses bc he does take jumpers! if i was a coach give me 5 guys that can get to the hoop n throw it down everytime over a team of jumpshooters!

face it u cant win against that agruement

but ull try....

JasonJohnHorn
12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Somebody hasn't been paying attention to what's going on in Cleveland right now.

Anderson-V is by far, the best center in the east right now.

RonE Coleman
12-08-2012, 08:31 PM
if brook could dunk the ball 8 times per game ud be so happy so stfu on that one instead he misses bc he does take jumpers! if i was a coach give me 5 guys that can get to the hoop n throw it down everytime over a team of jumpshooters!

face it u cant win against that agruement

but ull try....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So true!

yanksrock

You keep on referring to this 2001 bust. Do you mean Joe Johnson?? Help me out here. Your posts are so idiotic that it's hard to know what you're talking about.

waveycrockett
Chandler has played great this year but only an ignorant person would say Lopez defense has been bad this year. Out defense has been in the toilet the last 3 games without him.

uprightciti
12-08-2012, 08:36 PM
chandler melo jr felton amare

Hustla23
12-08-2012, 08:41 PM
"no cause I am black."

LOOOOOOOOLOOOOLOLLLLLL :laugh:

ecorrea
12-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Varajeao or Noah??? Funny thread. Brook as best center is a joke until the CENTER learns how to rebound or play D.

jmoney85
12-08-2012, 08:53 PM
battle royale

DMF vs PSD

FIGHT!

MonroeFAN
12-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I think Greg Monroe is better than Brook Lopez, and he's not the best center in the east.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I think Greg Monroe is better than Brook Lopez, and he's not the best center in the east.

Looking at your name you probably think Monroe is the best player in the NBA

koreancabbage
12-08-2012, 09:43 PM

judging by your history you think any player on the Nets team is the GOAT.

its not like he hasn't learned from his first ban already. his arguments aren't even logical. trolling us so hard and I can't believe we're letting it continue.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 09:47 PM
judging by your history you think any player on the Nets team is the GOAT.

its not like he hasn't learned from his first ban already. his arguments aren't even logical. trolling us so hard and I can't believe we're letting it continue.

No I think LeBron is the best player in the league

javsvt
12-08-2012, 09:56 PM
the awkward moment when brook lopez didn't miss a game until last season.
The sore foot is an issue, and will be all season. He is out now, and his defense isn't great. It's sad to see the most dominant center in the east sitting down.:rolleyes:

He dunks and is under the boards, that's his game. Lopez's game is outside, two totally different games, but realize who you are trying to debate with. DMF only sees black and white, Nets. He needs to take off the shades and look beyond NJ, I mean Brooklyn.

KingPosey
12-08-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't think Tyson bass been super special so far. He has been much better lately but I wouldn't vote him as the starter.

Losoway
12-08-2012, 10:00 PM
varejuo DOESNT REALLY IMPRESS ME BECAUSE HE IS ON A LOSING TEAM. like jeff van gundy said about varejuo .. anybody decent on a losing team stats will look good . they need someone to score and rebound

NOAH. ALSO NO . its gonna be Chris bosh and then probably room for 1 more big and i would rather have lopez or tyson over noah

LakersMaster24
12-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Varejaoooooooooooooooo.

waveycrockett
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Thing about Tyson is if he isnt being force fed points he isnt scoring

waveycrockett
12-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Varejaoooooooooooooooo.

On a bad team someone has to score and board see Kris Hump last year

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 10:13 PM
how can you all say Varejo? do you watch him play or just look at stats? who watches cavs games? Varejo on a good team was a role player who was below average.

effen5
varejuo DOESNT REALLY IMPRESS ME BECAUSE HE IS ON A LOSING TEAM. like jeff van gundy said about varejuo .. anybody decent on a losing team stats will look good . they need someone to score and rebound

NOAH. ALSO NO . its gonna be Chris bosh and then probably room for 1 more big and i would rather have lopez or tyson over noah

Tyson is severely overrated in this forum. Like someone said previously, his game is based on someone feeding him the ball, he can't create his own shot. Brook isn't a bad pick but I would much rather have Andy v or Noah. Noah's is having a better season then Tyson but nobody is watching the roseless bulls. And noah just had a monster game 30-20. Andy V would be my pick though, he has been an absolute monster this year.

effen5
how can you all say Varejo? do you watch him play or just look at stats? who watches cavs games? Varejo on a good team was a role player who was below average.

You've been saying the same thing about your players when they were averaging 15 wins

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 10:14 PM
You've been saying the same thing about your players when they were averaging 15 wins

Who?

Bruno
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM

get real.

jmoney85
12-08-2012, 10:38 PM
DMf is an idiot but he's right about chandler

Bruno
12-08-2012, 10:45 PM

that defenders aren't all-stars?

young bloods must have started watching basketball after ben wallace and dikembe mutombo retired.

DoMeFavors
12-08-2012, 10:52 PM

young bloods must have started watching basketball after ben wallace and dikembe mutombo retired.

There is a difference between real defenders and fake defenders

koreancabbage
12-08-2012, 11:21 PM

i'm glad you could tell that Brook Lopez is a fake defender.

jmoney85
12-08-2012, 11:27 PM

No I think defenders can be all-stars but I think chandler is overrated

29$JerZ
12-09-2012, 12:35 AM

No there isn't because there is no such thing as a fake defender. You either defend or you don't.

Who cares? Still worthy of an all-star spot as a reserve since Bosh will clearly be the starter.

Nope

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 12:36 AM
The Hawks are winning also I think Lopez and Horford are the back up bigs for the ASG with Bosh starting

waveycrockett
12-09-2012, 01:01 AM

You think Chandler is on the level of Deke and Big Ben??

bklynny67
12-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Neither is gonna start since the voting is three front court players and two guards. Chances are it will be three forwards. Lebron, Melo, and probably Bosh.

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Bosh will start, Lets see when Lopez gets out, But Chandler actually rebounds, plays defense and scores efficently, but yeah ofcourse because its only2-7 footers it doesn't matter that he is shooting a crazy 71%. Its so Funny that Chandler is overrated but yet he scores better then Lopez rebounds and defends lol Chandler>Lopez. Oh not to Mention Horford is better then both of them IMO and Varjeo has played great too.

Bruno
12-09-2012, 01:30 AM

got ya.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Bosh will start, Lets see when Lopez gets out, But Chandler actually rebounds, plays defense and scores efficently, but yeah ofcourse because its only2-7 footers it doesn't matter that he is shooting a crazy 71%. Its so Funny that Chandler is overrated but yet he scores better then Lopez rebounds and defends lol Chandler>Lopez. Oh not to Mention Horford is better then both of them IMO and Varjeo has played great too.

No way. it takes skill to play offense like Brook. Brook is a low post presence that makes defense change. Defenses arent scared of Tyson Chandler he is never doubled.

Bruno
12-09-2012, 01:32 AM
You think Chandler is on the level of Deke and Big Ben??

no, however he is an elite defender and a DPOY. but that wasn't the point of my post either. notice, I never said Chandler should get the nod over Lopez.

i only pointed out the asinine statement made by DoMeFavors (which was that defenders can't be all-stars).

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2012, 01:36 AM
But why does that matter? To be on the allstar team? Chandlers Efficentcy and Rebounding not to mention his Defense is way better then Lopez. Sorry but Chandler>Lopez.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:36 AM
no, however he is an elite defender and a DPOY. but that wasn't the point of my post either. notice, I never said Chandler should get the nod over Lopez.

i only pointed out the asinine statement made by DoMeFavors (which was that defenders can't be all-stars).

its true strictly defenders that arent offensive players arent all stars. If Chandler makes it he will be up there with Jaamal McGlore in worst all star ever.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:39 AM
But why does that matter? To be on the allstar team? Chandlers Efficentcy and Rebounding not to mention his Defense is way better then Lopez. Sorry but Chandler>Lopez.

and his "efficency" drops if he takes the amount of shots Brook does and is the vocal point of his offense. Chandler hasnt avg more than 10 boards a game since like 08 so I dont know why you are acting like he is a good rebounder.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2012, 01:39 AM
You guys make me laugh, I cant wait untill June when Brook Lopez wins finals MVP and you guys are all upset after rooting against the Nets.

:rimshot:

Bruno
12-09-2012, 01:40 AM
its true strictly defenders that arent offensive players arent all stars. If Chandler makes it he will be up there with Jaamal McGlore in worst all star ever.

no, it's not universal truth.

thats when Ben Wallace (a player who averaged 5.7 points per game for his career) still made four all-star teams.

that's as simple as i can make it for you.

xxplayerxx23
12-09-2012, 01:41 AM
:laugh: not sure why I bother talking to DMF,

jp611
12-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Bosh, varejao, and Noah are all more deserving

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Gerald Wallace in 2010 was 1st team all defense and shot a better FG% than Carmelo...was Gwallace a better player? No! you guys overate defense to the max.

jp611
12-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Add Horford to that list

jmoney85
12-09-2012, 01:51 AM

Lopez is top 10 in the league in per

Bruno
12-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Gerald Wallace in 2010 was 1st team all defense and shot a better FG% than Carmelo...was Gwallace a better player? No! you guys overate defense to the max.

:laugh2: Gerald Wallace still made the all-star team in 2010.

you aren't DOing your arguMEnt any FAVORS.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:53 AM
:laugh2: Gerald Wallace still made the all-star team in 2010.

you aren't DOing your arguMEnt any FAVORS.

Im just saying he said Tyson was better, so I am just asking was Wallace better cause he played defense? Sometimes you have to overlook stats and see what players do in the game.

jp611
12-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Lopez is top 10 in the league in per

And can't stay healthy... Again

jp611
12-09-2012, 01:55 AM
What an awful sig btw :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
12-09-2012, 01:55 AM

He is fine health wise he is being held out cause we have depth, that has nothing to do with people making the ASG.

jmoney85
12-09-2012, 02:02 AM

And that should show you the impact he has... The team has lost 3 in a row and have dropped defensively

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 02:18 AM
He is fine health wise he is being held out cause we have depth, that has nothing to do with people making the ASG.

Not enough depth otherwise they would be winning without him.

jmoney85
12-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Not enough depth otherwise they would be winning without him.

Nets don't have that ability yet

Enzo
12-09-2012, 02:31 AM
This thread is hilarious!! Somebody should let Jay-Z know that DoMeFavors is single handedly ruining the Nets fanbase. Coming into this season I actually wanted the Nets to do well as long as they didn't do better than the Knicks but DMF has me constantly rooting against them now. I mean the guy seriously has me feeling hatred towards the Nets. It's amazing!! :laugh2:

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 02:32 AM
This thread is hilarious!! Somebody should let Jay-Z know that DoMeFavors is single handedly ruining the Nets fanbase. Coming into this season I actually wanted the Nets to do well as long as they didn't do better than the Knicks but DMF has me constantly rooting against them now. I mean the guy seriously has me feeling hatred towards the Nets. It's amazing!! :laugh2:

I know exactly what you mean, and I know we aren't the only ones.

29$JerZ
12-09-2012, 02:34 AM
1 person shouldn't make you hate a franchise. Them being a division rival should be more than enough.

NoahH
12-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Exactly as everyone said.. There's no C position anymore for THIS reason. Probably neither guy will get it.

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 02:42 AM
1 person shouldn't make you hate a franchise. Them being a division rival should be more than enough.

Being born in the Methodist gives you a soft spot.

Cal827
12-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Lets just give the starting C position to DoMeFavors and end the arguments.

RonE Coleman
12-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Tysons got a better PER and plays better Defense than any Center in the East and plays on the #1 team in the East. If the ASG was tomorrow he would be the starting Center

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Lets just give the starting Corny troll position to DoMeFavors and end the arguments.

fixed

c.c.
12-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Noah!

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:01 AM
has DMF made a legit point yet? Sorry, not reading through all this

RonE Coleman
12-09-2012, 03:04 AM

Did you even need to ask haha? You know the answer to that question... According to her, Brook and Horford should back up Bosh because they are "winning". Meanwhile, the Knicks lead the East lol :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Did you even need to ask haha? You know the answer to that question... According to her, Brook and Horford should back up Bosh because they are "winning". Meanwhile, the Knicks lead the East lol :facepalm:

gotcha. Well, Chandler is yet again putting up insane leading TS%, and Offensive ratings, while anchoring a top 10 defense. I mean, he is so easily the top center out east, its not even funny.

29$JerZ
12-09-2012, 03:09 AM

Of course not.

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 03:10 AM
gotcha. Well, Chandler is yet again putting up insane leading TS%, and Offensive ratings, while anchoring a top 10 defense. I mean, he is so easily the top center out east, its not even funny.

Thank you for so concisely summing up why TC is a beast. He has been putting up crazy rebounding numbers over the past week as well.

RonE Coleman
12-09-2012, 03:10 AM

Top ten in PER as well if you factor out A Davis who has only played 6 games and Greg smith who plays 13 min a game.

Plus he gives better defense then any Center in the East.

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 03:12 AM
I cant focus past Marion

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:12 AM
In today's NBA, elite defense and rebounding mean everything. On top of that, Tyson wastes literally no offensive possessions, and has put up efficiency numbers that are unreal.

On a real level, he is the best center in the NBA, though Dwight is probably better. Statistically, Chandler is the bomb.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:14 AM
I would sell my first born to have Chandler next to Love for the next 3 years. Can't say the same of any other center not named Dwight.

29$JerZ
12-09-2012, 03:15 AM

Nah man.
According to an expert here you can't be an all-star only dunking the ball and being a defensive C with no offensive game (despite Ben Wallace shattering that stupid notion and Tyson's insane shooting Percentage)

And apparently FG% is a lie because if you get fouled and miss the shot it doesn't affect your overall FG% ( I swear I'm not making this up) so Centers who score away from the Basket are better.

If you have a minute just read the thread, always good for a few laughs.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:16 AM
Nah man.
According to an expert here you can't be an all-star only dunking the ball and being a defensive C with no offensive game (despite Ben Wallace shattering that stupid notion and Tyson's insane shooting Percentage)

And apparently FG% is a lie because if you get fouled and miss the shot it doesn't affect your overall FG% ( I swear I'm not making this up) so Centers who score away from the Basket are better.

If you have a minute just read the thread, always good for a few laughs.

I have read her rhetoric. No thanks.

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Coming from you that says a lot

TC has been an absolute godsend to the Knicks

our whole culture changed when he arrived

Cuban must be kicking himself in the *** for not accepting his worth

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Coming from you that says a lot

TC has been an absolute godsend to the Knicks

our whole culture changed when he arrived

Cuban must be kicking himself in the *** for not accepting his worth

are you referring to me?

Chandler was the Knicks MVP last year, and so far, he is this year.

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 03:22 AM
are you referring to me?

Chandler was the Knicks MVP last year, and so far, he is this year.

meant to quote you still tipsy from the Pacman fight

RonE Coleman
12-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Lmao when you think about it, Brook Lopez who DMF claims to be this "Offensive Juggernaut" averages only 3 more baskets a game than Tyson but Plays half the amount of Defense and Tyson AVERAGES 3-4 more Rebounds per game on more efficient scoring.

In terms of Offense I would take 13 points on 71% shooting over 18 points on 53% shooting all day every day.

Tyson>>>>> Brook

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:23 AM
meant to quote you still tipsy from the Pacman fight

who won that ****?

29$JerZ
12-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Top Teams in the East Currently are NY/Miami/ATL/Chicago

Chandler/Bosh/Horford/Noah

I've been impressed with Noah and Horford is having a good offensive year (minus the FT%)
Bosh is doing well and Tyson is back to normal.

Popular vote goes to Bosh. Noah/Chandler are my votes for starters. Andy V should still get a spot on the team, not his fault his team is awful and Kyrie is out.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Lmao when you think about it, Brook Lopez who DMF claims to be this "Offensive Juggernaut" averages only 3 more baskets a game than Tyson but Plays half the amount of Defense and Tyson AVERAGES 3-4 more Rebounds per game on more efficient scoring.

In terms of Offense I would take 13 points on 71% shooting over 18 points on 53% shooting all day every day.

Tyson>>>>> Brook

Chandlers impact takes a dump on Lopez's impact.

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 03:26 AM
who won that ****?

nuff said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwhqs1OCYg

very disappointing

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:28 AM
nuff said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwhqs1OCYg

very disappointing

why is that disappointing?

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 03:31 AM
why is that disappointing?

Pac man fan

Marquez wipped my boys ***

to be real he probably won 3 of the 4 against Pac

but hey

Great fight

javsvt
12-09-2012, 03:31 AM
And that should show you the impact he has... The team has lost 3 in a row and have dropped defensively

What are you talking about, you have depth, DMF says so.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2012, 03:32 AM
Pac man fan

Marquez wipped my boys ***

to be real he probably won 3 of the 4 against Pac

but hey

Great fight

ah, gotcha man. Have you ever trained to fight?

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 03:33 AM
The worst thing Hawk was Pac was killing this fight it was his until he ran into that right hand he got sloppy anyway back to topic

TC over Lopez all day every day

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 03:35 AM
ah, gotcha man. Have you ever trained to fight?

Not really

I have some friends that are MMA amateurs Ive trained with them a few times its brutal dude

I have a lot of respect for them

VillaMaravilla
12-09-2012, 03:54 AM

And lopez plays no d and cant rebound for isssh and to too it off cant stay heakthy so ehats your point? TYSON is a beast center where k opez is just ab offensive threat nothing more nothing less....lopez =soft

c.c.
12-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Knicks over-rate all they players, that's why when they get traded or go else where they not so good

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Knicks over-rate all they players, that's why when they get traded or go else where they not so good

Not applicable here. Take your garbage elsewhere.

c.c.
12-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Not applicable here. Take your garbage elsewhere.

Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Latrell Sprewell, etc.

bklynny67
12-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Latrell Sprewell, etc.

LOL Sprewell wasn't good? HAHA definitely not overrated. Look at his career. he was very good for a long time. Before he came to the knicks and while with the Knicks... even his first yr after he left the knicks... and then he retired. Lin is having a decent season this yr by the way. David Lee has done great since leaving the Knicks.. Gallinari is putting up the same numbers now as he was with the knicks. WTF you talking about?

Just about all these players u just named WERE just as good or better after they left the Knicks.... lol good try

RonE Coleman
12-09-2012, 06:13 AM

Lmao um what?

Fields and Lin both suck. whose overrating them?

VinceCarter
12-09-2012, 06:17 AM

Look at his first 3 seasons....oh wowzer, he played in all 246 games.

javsvt
12-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, the Nets sucked so bad when he was there, I thought he wasn't playing.

jimm120
12-09-2012, 09:21 AM

OR. OR. OR. Or maybe its that they play extremely well here!

Look at Felton. Allstar level while with the Knicks in 2010. Ok with the Nuggets and brutally bad with the Blazers. Gets back to the Knicks and guess what, he's not at an allstar level but he's playing great (above the Nuggets level).

Lin was spectacular in that 9 game run. He was ok for the most part the rest of the way (with bad games sprinkled in) before he got hurt for the rest of the season. That's not over-rating. That's the player playing well.

So is it that we're over-rating the players or are they playing better in NY?

Knicks21
12-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I wanna see Andy v.

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 09:24 AM
LOL Sprewell wasn't good? HAHA definitely not overrated. Look at his career. he was very good for a long time. Before he came to the knicks and while with the Knicks... even his first yr after he left the knicks... and then he retired. Lin is having a decent season this yr by the way. David Lee has done great since leaving the Knicks.. Gallinari is putting up the same numbers now as he was with the knicks. WTF you talking about?

Just about all these players u just named WERE just as good or better after they left the Knicks.... lol good try

Flash back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GvuEzhfLX4

jimm120
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM

Landry Fields had a ROY - worthy first half in 2010 but EVERY KNICK FAN saw how he wasn't that good in the 2nd half of 2010-11 season and last year was just brutal. So over-rate? No way. We knew he was struggling and was bad.

Lin? He had a spectacular 9 games and had a lot of OK games, while netting some horrible performances before he got injured. He got his hype from those 9 games. Then fell back down to earth and got injured.

David Lee was the #1 option here, hence how he scored 20 ppg. Nothing else. Once he went to Golden State, he wasn't the #1 option. That'll cause your scoring to go down.

Wilson Chandler is a GREAT #3 option. Nuggets haven't used him well. He's a great #3 options. Was he ever hyped up to be more? I don't think so.

Gallo...ok, I'll give you THAT ONE! I never liked Gallo and quite honestly, he was overrated.

Sprewell...really? When he was with the KNicks, he wasn't even the best Sprewell. He was an allstar and a superb player before the Knicks. He actually FELL OFF once he got to the Knicks. And as a testament that he wasn't some horrid scrub (as you seem to have pointed out), when he went to the Bucks, they got real good with him. After the Knicks!

C'mon. Its simple. Most of these players recently have just simply played BETTER WHILE IN NY. Their roles changed once they left.

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Hawkeye already shut this thread down

get Lopez some counseling

Quinnsanity
12-09-2012, 09:55 AM

Since Tyson is obviously out of the picture, who would you rather have: prime Bill Russell or Brook Lopez?

mike_noodles
12-09-2012, 10:27 AM

For this you get the double :facepalm::facepalm:

I didn't feel like reading through 11 pages, but I'm sure it's already been pointed out that centers have been removed from the ballot. So likely no true center will be starting in the East this year.

MonroeFAN
12-09-2012, 11:00 AM

That's definitely not true. There are flaws to his game. I just think Brook Lopez is garbage and always have. He's a post center who doesn't defend well or rebound the ball, it's disgusting.

waveycrockett
12-09-2012, 11:09 AM

That's definitely not true. There are flaws to his game. I just think Brook Lopez is garbage and always have. He's a post center who doesn't defend well or rebound the ball, it's disgusting.
Oh ok guys who are garbage put up 20 and 7 with 3 blocks on one of the best teams in the East but monroe who puts up average numbers on a yrash team is good. Sure....

KnickaBocka.44
12-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Oh ok guys who are garbage put up 20 and 7 with 3 blocks on one of the best teams in the East but monroe who puts up average numbers on a yrash team is good. Sure....

When did 18.5/6.8/2.5 become /20/7/3 :confused:

javsvt
12-09-2012, 12:48 PM

He rounds up, so if that's the case Tyson's FG % should be 100%. I'll round to to nearest 100th......:up:

Jesse2272
12-09-2012, 12:53 PM

TC is not the 1st option on offense

do you watch the games

if you round up as pointed out

19/7/3

semantics my dude

hes a beast

sep11ie
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
When is DMF gonna get Perm'd?

Team*Chicago
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
You ask me it's neither one. Tyson should play in the AllStar game but not start and Brook just not that good and he's always on a losing team til now.

TrueFan420
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM

he does kinda have a point about defenders not getting the nod... altho the fact that chandler is a center changes everything. if defenders got love then were was bruce bruce in the asg with that crazy asss d

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-09-2012, 09:26 PM

5 bucks a piece for the NBA mods if they permaban DMFs.

GiantsSwaGG
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM

Before the Prem ban Gram

Oh wait