PDA

View Full Version : Thunder assign Lamb to D league...will he work out in OKC?

spreadeagle
12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
The Oklahoma City Thunder have assigned Jeremy Lamb and Daniel Orton to the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA Developmental League, the team announced on Saturday.

I thought he was going to be a really nice player and fit well on the Rockets, but with OKC in championship mode I dont see them giving rookies any PT to develop their game, id be kinda pissed if I was Lamb about ending up there

Phenomenonsense
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd trade for him. Not sure what, but I would.

Kashmir13579
12-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Someone will trade for him. This kid is a physical specimen and a lights out shooter. Superstar potential.

Sactown
12-08-2012, 05:02 PM
I'd dump him early before his trade value dies in OKC, not saying he's going to be a bad player, but potential and trade value die when you sit on the bench.. I'd try to dump him for a big who's still in their rookie pay scale.

alexander_37
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
D-league doesn't mean he is going anywhere.... He will be a star there and get full playing time instead of 4-5 minutes in garbage time on OKC.

0nekhmer
12-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Wow. They just lowered his value by saying this

Alayla
12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Lol Overreacting OKC is not getting rid of him any time soon they just want him to develop people seem to think being in the D league is a bad thing or a slap in the face smh.

ManRam
12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah...I think it's cool they're using their D-League team. It seems to slowly becoming a trend. We're seeing more of a farm system style thing than we've seen before.

He's not going to get minutes, so send him down to let him work on his game and get minutes. He's a rookie...there's no reason to just trade him because you don't need him NOW.

You guys are probably overreacting a bit.

Alayla
12-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah...I think it's cool they're using their D-League team. It seems to slowly becoming a trend. We're seeing more of a farm system style thing than we've seen before.

He's not going to get minutes, so send him down to let him work on his game and get minutes. He's a rookie...there's no reason to just trade him because you don't need him NOW.

this

topdog
12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
It makes sense to get him some seasoning. I'd expect a bigger role for him next year especially if Kevin Martin doesn't re-sign. If they wanted to do a trade though, I'd be happy to see Derrick Williams sent their way.

Mr_Amaziing
12-08-2012, 06:10 PM

This

koreancabbage
12-08-2012, 06:18 PM
i'd give up anyone on the Raptors but Ed Davis, Terrence Ross, JVal, Lowry for Lamb lol gotta start rebuilding somehow.

c.c.
12-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Ruin all his chances of getting Rookie of the Year, smh. I hate that the Rockets had to parts ways with the young guy

gaughan333
12-09-2012, 04:48 AM
I think this is a good choice...as long as they cater to his ego as is necessary for nba players