PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher:Why Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook were fired up to play Kobe.

Longhornfan1234
12-08-2012, 02:01 PM
http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/46a82ad8-a557-44bd-a9cf-ee6805352b16/?source=twitter

Why Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook were, and will be, fired up every time they play Kobe Bryant and the Lakers this season: source says the Black Mamba talked relentless smack during the Olympics that the Thunder stars weren't going back to the Finals after the Lakers acquired Steve Nash and then added Dwight Howard right before the U.S. played Spain for the gold medal. Kobe also made a point of guarding Westbrook during practices and pumping him up, the theory being that he wanted to incite Russ to bump heads with KD over who the team's best player is. (If you think that's too conspiratorial to be real, you don't know Kobe.) KD, in particular, got tired of hearing him. For what it's worth: KD and Westbrook's combined 69 points is the highest single-game total they've posted this season.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 02:06 PM
lol yeah they were pissed off at kobe.

weird that lebron or wade didnt brag, thats why westbrook and durant kept saying lebron was a humble champion, and i was wondering why the hell are they even talkin about it? i guess now we know cos other players were bragging lol

bucketss
12-08-2012, 02:14 PM
aha what a desperate old fool kobe is :)

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
they can have these wins, I just want the 4 in the playoffs.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Kobe also made a point of guarding Westbrook during practices and pumping him up, the theory being that he wanted to incite Russ to bump heads with KD over who the team's best player is. (If you think that's too conspiratorial to be real, you don't know Kobe.)

thats reaching imo lol i disagree.

rickshaw
12-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Well if anyone knows what it takes to get 2 stars on the same fighting to hurt the team, it's Kobe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Man, Kobe is probably the only one on 2012 USA team that had the skills and the tough personality to be on the 92 Dream Team. Those guys were known to talk trash. As skillful as they are, Russ, Bron and KD wouldn't have survived one practice with the 92 fellas. They probably would have got butt hurt after the first 15 minutes. If today's superstars don't feel like they're being loved or cuddled by their peers, the media, the front office of their team and their fans, they're going to cry like little *****es.

2_Trill
12-08-2012, 02:26 PM
This is why I love Kobe the guy is a genius. If he can get them to go at each other or to go one on one everytime they touch the ball it might just give the lakers the edge they need to slide past the thunder to the championship. Kobe is nearing the end of career and he is going all out to insure he gets atleast one more shot at the championship, and I for one don't blame him at all. Man I'm a miss this dude when he hangs up the gym shoes and calls its quits; he is truly a last of a dying breed.

Sly Guy
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Well if anyone knows what it takes to get 2 stars on the same fighting to hurt the team, it's Kobe.

lol, the irony isn't lost on me either, brother.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Man, Kobe is probably the only one on 2012 USA team that had the skills and the tough personality to be on the 92 Dream Team. Those guys were known to talk trash. As skillful as they are, Russ, Bron and KD wouldn't have survived one practice with the 92 fellas. They probably would have got butt hurt after the first 15 minutes. If today's superstars don't feel like they're being loved or cuddled by their peers, the media, the front office of their team and their fans, they're going to cry like little *****es.

lol yeah right .. lol @ survive it really isn't that serious there was college kid in that team for gods sake.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 02:33 PM
This is why I love Kobe the guy is a genius. If he can get them to go at each other or to go one on one everytime they touch the ball it might just give the lakers the edge they need to slide past the thunder to the championship. Kobe is nearing the end of career and he is going all out to insure he gets atleast one more shot at the championship, and I for one don't blame him at all. Man I'm a miss this dude when he hangs up the gym shoes and calls its quits; he is truly a last of a dying breed.

this is so hilarious you actually think that would work? never knew kd and westbrook were teenage school girls lol its not genius at all.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-08-2012, 02:43 PM
they can have these wins, I just want the 4 in the playoffs.

This! I did kinda want them to win yesterday though haha

Mr_Jones
12-08-2012, 02:56 PM
this is so hilarious you actually think that would work? never knew kd and westbrook were teenage school girls lol its not genius at all.

Considering the fact that they're so young, and especially Westbrook is a known nut-case, it's not too far-fetched to think that he'd have a hard time with the 92 team. The game was far more physical back then and I'd think that both would have a hard time adjusting to that stuff. Durant struggles mightily when he's bodied up. Although I'd like to body him up, if ya know what I mean. But yeah.

phlp_bj
12-08-2012, 02:56 PM
lol yeah right .. lol @ survive it really isn't that serious there was college kid in that team for gods sake.

Who didn't really do much on that time. He was just in there because that was the rule

bucketss
12-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Considering the fact that they're so young, and especially Westbrook is a known nut-case, it's not too far-fetched to think that he'd have a hard time with the 92 team. The game was far more physical back then and I'd think that both would have a hard time adjusting to that stuff. Durant struggles mightily when he's bodied up. Although I'd like to body him up, if ya know what I mean. But yeah.

was talking about kobe turning durant and westbrook against eachother.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Who didn't really do much on that time. He was just in there because that was the rule

i find it hard to believe duran/lebron/melo not taking some trash talking at practice against their own team mates. off course they would have survived not only that but it would have made them better players.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2012, 03:13 PM
i find it hard to believe duran/lebron/melo not taking some trash talking at practice against their own team mates. off course they would have survived not only that but it would have made them better players.

You can't be that naive. Today's superstars just aren't of the same breed as the superstars that came before them. That's a fact. Hell, even though Dwight is a Laker, he is soft and puddy as hell mentally wise like all these other young dudes. The first hit of criticism they take, they fold under the pressure and starting sulking like little children.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
You can't be that naive. Today's superstars just aren't of the same breed as the superstars that came before them. That's a fact. Hell, even though Dwight is a Laker, he is soft and puddy as hell mentally wise like all these other young dudes. The first hit of criticism they take, they fold under the pressure and starting sulking like little children.

they're grown men for god sakes lol story up fam. boo hoo jordan hurt my feelings i want off the team now:cry:

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
they all talk trash, but theres a difference between bragging, boasting, to talking trash.
lol

did anyone on the dream team say "hey i have more rings than u jordan!"? lol
92 he had 1. besides saying stuff like "oh u suck" or friendly competition for best player (magic vs jordan, malone vs chuck, etc) nothin else was going on.

people need to stop slurping and distinguish between boasting and talking trash.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 03:17 PM
they all talk trash, but theres a difference between bragging, boasting, to talking trash.
lol

92 he had 1. besides saying stuff like "oh u suck" or friendly competition for best player (magic vs jordan, malone vs chuck, etc) nothin else was going on.

people need to stop slurping and distinguish between boasting and talking trash.

tell em

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
they're grown men for god sakes lol story up fam. boo hoo jordan hurt my feelings i want off the team now:cry:

They wouldn't have gained Michael, Larry, Magic and Charles' respect back then by acting like little *****es that's for sure.

Chris Mullin was never a superstar, but after his time with that team, he gained huge respect from all those guys.

Johnny Stockton never appeared like the physically toughest guy nor the most athletic guy, but the fact is that mentally and attitude-wise, he was tough as nailz and he got his peer's respect back then.

Bron, KD and Russ would be the talented, skilled but subservient members of that 92 Dream Team because of their cute kiddy-kiddy "will you be my friend, yay!" approach.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
lol

No, the superstars of today need to stop slurping each other.

Greedy22
12-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Meh not a big deal, Kobe speaks bullishly about both guys and has even said Westbrook reminds him of his young self. Just look who the source is, he's pure garbage. I'm sure some of it is true, but a lot of that seems like a reach on Bucher's part.

OKC
12-08-2012, 03:25 PM
trash talk is overrated.
in some cases its just extra motivation to your opponents.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 03:25 PM
They wouldn't have gained Michael, Larry, Magic and Charles' respect back then by acting like little *****es that's for sure.

Chris Mullin was never a superstar, but after his time with that team, he gained huge respect from all those guys.

Johnny Stockton never appeared like the physically toughest guy nor the most athletic guy, but the fact is that mentally and attitude-wise, he was tough as nailz and he got his peer's respect back then.

Bron, KD and Russ would be the talented, skilled but subservient members of that 92 Dream Team because of their cute kiddy-kiddy "will you be my friend, yay!" approach.

they don't need their respect they just need to go at them guys like melo/lebron/rus physically will hold their own if trash talking is all they need to worry about lol i think they'll be good.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 03:27 PM
No, the superstars of today need to stop slurping each other.

hmm i dont mind the friendly interaction as long as its not overdone.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
lebron, kobe and kd would easily get those player's respect.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2012, 03:31 PM
hmm i dont mind the friendly interaction as long as its not overdone.

I would call getting your *** kicked in the Finals in 5 games and then the loser joining the winner for summer workouts as "over doing it".

As great and talented as KD is, I absolutely detest that soft-*** mentality of today's players. Look at him, Bron, Wade, Melo, Dwight. It's disgusting to look at.

It's going to be a shame when Mamba, Duncan, KG, Kidd and Nash all retire within the next 2-3 yrs.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
kobes trash talking doesn't seem to effect durant as he drops 35 footers in his grill

Quinnsanity
12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm not exactly Kobe's biggest fan but I gotta admit it was clever to try to turn them against each other.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 03:35 PM
I would call getting your *** kicked in the Finals in 5 games and then the loser joining the winner for summer workouts as "over doing it".

As great and talented as KD is, I absolutely detest that soft-*** mentality of today's players. Look at him, Bron, Wade, Melo, Dwight. It's disgusting to look at.

It's going to be a shame when Mamba, Duncan, KG, Kidd and Nash all retire within the next 2-3 yrs.

i think they only worked out together for a week.
hence why they called it "hell week," but I see your point.

Still think media has a huge play into it. I honestly don't think its that soft.

bucketss
12-08-2012, 03:36 PM
i think they only worked out together for a week.
hence why they called it "hell week," but I see your point.

Still think media has a huge play into it. I honestly don't think its that soft.

it was one day

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 03:37 PM
it was one day

wow lol it shouldn't even be mentioned than

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 03:37 PM
its always the media, overblowing every little thing.

PraiseJesus
12-08-2012, 03:51 PM
lol yeah they were pissed off at kobe.

weird that lebron or wade didnt brag, thats why westbrook and durant kept saying lebron was a humble champion, and i was wondering why the hell are they even talkin about it? i guess now we know cos other players were bragging lol

How boring is that? Humble champion...

The best champions relish that spotlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWeD5KXx5WI

Lebron will take the next step when he truly gets a killer instinct. There is no way that the Heat will dominate Thunder for years to come if Lebron is a 'humble champion'.

Lets see what great pals LeBron and Durant are if the heat dominate for 3 more years

bucketss
12-08-2012, 04:04 PM
you never met duncan have you? well you probably didn't but you get the point lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-08-2012, 04:21 PM
How boring is that? Humble champion...

The best champions relish that spotlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWeD5KXx5WI

Lebron will take the next step when he truly gets a killer instinct. There is no way that the Heat will dominate Thunder for years to come if Lebron is a 'humble champion'.

Lets see what great pals LeBron and Durant are if the heat dominate for 3 more years

dude youre way off. and im too lazy to point it out and write a long paragraph detailing about friends who i personally know who were top prospects in high school and were humble, and give examples of some of the greatest players to ever play a game in diff sports and dominate.. when im not lazy ill edit this comment i guess >.>

DaLakerz Rulz
12-08-2012, 04:23 PM
its always the media, overblowing every little thing.

and PSD overreacting to every little thing...

TmacBryant
12-08-2012, 04:29 PM
http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/46a82ad8-a557-44bd-a9cf-ee6805352b16/?source=twitter

Why Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook were, and will be, fired up every time they play Kobe Bryant and the Lakers this season: source says the Black Mamba talked relentless smack during the Olympics that the Thunder stars weren't going back to the Finals after the Lakers acquired Steve Nash and then added Dwight Howard right before the U.S. played Spain for the gold medal. Kobe also made a point of guarding Westbrook during practices and pumping him up, the theory being that he wanted to incite Russ to bump heads with KD over who the team's best player is. (If you think that's too conspiratorial to be real, you don't know Kobe.) KD, in particular, got tired of hearing him. For what it's worth: KD and Westbrook's combined 69 points is the highest single-game total they've posted this season.

I read this on bleacher report, should rename it to Bucher Report.

2_Trill
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM

Keyword "IF"

STA_PLAR
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Man all these players go hard against each other on the court in games...they talk **** to each other. I was at the Miami and NY game early this year and Wade and Melo were talkng smack like Barkley and Jordan used to.

What they do off the court is none of my business. I watch basketball for basketball, not for what they do off the court.

We play ball with our closest friends, get into fights on the court and then go to the club and pop bottles.

You guys expect every rival to hate each other like Jordan hated Isiah. It won't happen because these guys can only relate to guys who make their kind of money and live their type of lifestyle.

As far as Kobe goes...he was probably having some fun with them at the olympics...but he was embarrassed last year in the playoffs by them and the way LA looks right now it will happen again.

Avenged
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Not a issue. Just Colby being Colby. Unfortunately, it didn't work. :p

Bruno
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
haha, thats funny.

but lets get real- Durant and WB will always bring it hard to Kobe and the Lakers. they grew up idolizing him, and they got knocked out of the playoffs by the Lakers during their first trip to the post season. Olympic smack talk or not, those two will always be ready to play vs LAL.

JEDean89
12-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Phil Jackson taught Kobe how to do this, he used to pit Shaq and Bryant against each other and other tricks. I think Kobe is trying it out to see it's effect, I believe he wants to learn how to manipulate other players. The problem with Kobe is that at this point in his career, he can drop 30 a night for the next 3 years and it won't matter to anyone because A, he isn't breaking the all time scoring record, and B, Lebron and Durant are both going to end up with more all time points than him, on better %. The only thing that Kobe can do to increase his status to potentially second greatest of all time, would be to win at least 1 more Finals MVP. If he wins one more, even with this superstar team, he will cement himself as 2nd to Jordan. If he cant, I don't think you can consider him top 5, even if he does get the all time scoring title.

LAKERMANIA
12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Not a issue. Just Colby being Colby. Unfortunately, it didn't work. :p

Yet...

koreancabbage
12-08-2012, 11:25 PM
just wondering where the Westbrook haters are at? they only come out when OKC loses a big game and Durant is still pretty much immune to criticism. i.e. last year in the Finals.

justinnum1
12-08-2012, 11:29 PM
This! I did kinda want them to win yesterday though haha
no one is believing that.

Baller1
12-08-2012, 11:38 PM
just wondering where the Westbrook haters are at? they only come out when OKC loses a big game and Durant is still pretty much immune to criticism. i.e. last year in the Finals.

Yeah, Westbrook can do no right.

cg_la00
12-09-2012, 12:07 AM
it was just smack talk. who cares. suck it up

8kobe24
12-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Nice story.

LA_Raiders
12-09-2012, 02:56 AM
lol, ok