PDA

View Full Version : Dantonis rotations are quite possibly worse then mike browns...

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Why does devin Ebanks get any minutes?
Mwp shot selection has been horrible lately

Edit: Lakers forum please accidentally put it in the NBA forum

Cracka2HI!
12-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Thank God you accidentally posted this in the NBA forum. This could have been the worst thread ever if not.

waveycrockett
12-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Kobe is a horrible fit for D'Antoni. I have no idea why they hired this guy

Money_23
12-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Kobe is a horrible fit for D'Antoni. I have no idea why they hired this guy

bench Kobe. :D

waveycrockett
12-08-2012, 01:03 AM
bench Kobe. :D

fire antoni

bucketss
12-08-2012, 01:06 AM
karma is a *****. lol this is to all the laker fans that were so cocky during the summer.

Money_23
12-08-2012, 01:07 AM
fire antoni

fire Jim Buss.

TO Rapz
12-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Hire Shaq.

Chronz
12-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Always has been bro. Dumb thread is dumb, you shouldnt criticize my threads when your making derrrrr statements like this.

oG $wank.
12-08-2012, 01:22 AM
i knew they were going to regret signing antoni over phil

LAKobeBryant
12-08-2012, 01:25 AM
we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil... we want phil...

VillaMaravilla
12-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Knicks fans been complaining about this bozo for year, never thought he would end up coaching the lakers, to be honest whoever hired him deserves what they get.....enjoy Lakers

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Bring back Mike Brown.

LAKobeBryant
12-08-2012, 01:29 AM
But for real there are no one on the Lakers Kobe will listen to or have respect to listen. No Phil, no fisher.

b@llhog24
12-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Amnesty 'Antoni. :dance:

amos1er
12-08-2012, 01:36 AM
It's not D'Antoni's fault...it's Jim Buss' fault for hiring him. D'Antoni is doing the best he can, he is just not the right coach for this team. Jim Buss needs to get over his jealousy for Phil Jackson and do the right thing. His ego is killing the Lakers.

Saad
12-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Stu mentioned it a couple games ago. He is trying to figure out what guys work with his system. So he's giving everyone a blow to let them play themselves into the line up.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Laker fans are funny

ldawg
12-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Mike and Mike have a few things in common.

Avenged
12-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Sorry but you are wrong on this one.

Captain Moroni
12-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Dantoni........lol

greg_ory_2005
12-08-2012, 02:29 AM
We'll trade you Dwane Casey for him then.

jerellh528
12-08-2012, 03:49 AM
karma is a *****. lol this is to all the laker fans that were so cocky during the summer.

Maybe, but it's hard not to be cocky with that lineup on paper... It's sports man.

DumDum
12-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Rick fox, Robert Horry, hell Eddie Jones out retirement

GiantsSwaGG
12-08-2012, 04:13 AM
:laugh: good luck with Dantoni laker fans. And this just proves Justinnum1 lack of basketball knowledge saying this was a great hire :laugh2:

5ass
12-08-2012, 04:23 AM
fakers lorum.

sharqstealth
12-08-2012, 04:30 AM
You know whats good for you Lakers, fire Dantoni, hire Brian Shaw! We've been having same problems with Dantoni last season, there is just so much inconsistency, 1 night when shots are falling you'll look like the best team in the NBA then next night the worst... Just look what happened when he left New York.

sharqstealth
12-08-2012, 04:33 AM
:laugh: good luck with Dantoni laker fans. And this just proves Justinnum1 lack of basketball knowledge saying this was a great hire :laugh2:

He said that? What an idiot!

NYYCowboys
12-08-2012, 04:35 AM
I would wait until Nash comes back to criticize D'Antoni. The Lakers quite frankly aren't good. They are missing Nash, and have Kobe, Dwight, an injured Gasol, and MWP. Their bench is absolute garbage. This is more Mitch Kupchak's fault for not signing or drafting a good bench player since 2007.

lpdunks8
12-08-2012, 04:37 AM

You have two back-up 3s; Ebanks and Earl Clark. I guess you want Clark to get those few minutes.

lpdunks8
12-08-2012, 04:40 AM
I would wait until Nash comes back to criticize D'Antoni. The Lakers quite frankly aren't good. They are missing Nash, and have Kobe, Dwight, an injured Gasol, and MWP. Their bench is absolute garbage. This is more Mitch Kupchak's fault for not signing or drafting a good bench player since 2007.

Meeks and Jamison have been playing really well since D'Antoni was hired.

By the way, the Lakers are top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. The record is not matching the talent.

JayW_1023
12-08-2012, 05:52 AM
It's on Kobe alone.

They are 1-8 with Kobe shooting too much.

The1_Who_knocks
12-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Nah I prefer d'Antonis

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-08-2012, 06:02 AM
It's on Kobe alone.

They are 1-8 with Kobe shooting too much.

While the record holds true it is nothing but a myth because in most of those 8 losses Kobe goes on a scoring spree because the game either has gotten out of hand or was about to but it's no indication that he actually shoots too much

EmbodyingCake
12-08-2012, 06:23 AM
I can't wait to look back at this thread and laugh when Stevie Nash comes back.

Mcdoh
12-08-2012, 06:29 AM
We want bernie..

PHX2daDEATH
12-08-2012, 07:08 AM
I saw a thread like this a mile away.....gotta trade Gasol and get Nash back in the line-up if they are going to keep D'Antoni, which I doubt they won't because then they'll look like IDIOTS..

NYKNYGNYY
12-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Lakers fan should just scroll through last years knicks forums for a preview ....there's no "d" in d'antoni

Raidaz4Life
12-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Bring back Mike Brown!

I swear Lakers fans are so prone to The Golden Age Fallacy that it is quite embarrassing. I've seen it with Phil, Fisher, Odom, and now we're even seeing it with Brown.

Bruno
12-08-2012, 08:18 AM
nobody has worse rotations than mike brown.

what he did with the Lakers subs and Kobes minute distribution was just absurd.

justinnum1
12-08-2012, 08:56 AM
#jimbusssysytem

JasonJohnHorn
12-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Any coach that comes in and bench a HOF/Championship player like Gasol then calls him out in the media without even having coached him for three games is a tool. That should have told Lakers management striaght away this was the wrong guy for the job.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-08-2012, 11:00 AM
i TOLD YALL WORST COACH EVER!

3RDASYSTEM
12-08-2012, 11:09 AM

MIKE D is who he is coachwise, same as players, no diff.

i could of swore people on here(mostly LAfiens) were begging for more time from the young and athletic ARIZA lookalike and how MWP was just back to his old INDIANA days because he was on a 5game terror of 16ppg, like damn a 10-12yr vet is being judged on past 5 games? and now he is struggling and why is EBANKS getting burn?

how about EBANKS is who he is, and have you seen ARTEST slowly decline or stay same these past few seasons? what more do you expect from a player? are you trying to make them more than what they are? its what it seems to me

gotta judge them on full strength with NASH/GASOL before putting out full verdict, especially on those 2 who could thrive running with lanes catching lob dunks(EBANKS) and ARTEST spotting up in his sweet spots for 3's....

effen5
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
:laugh:

Avenged
12-08-2012, 11:25 AM
MIKE D is who he is coachwise, same as players, no diff.

i could of swore people on here(mostly LAfiens) were begging for more time from the young and athletic ARIZA lookalike and how MWP was just back to his old INDIANA days because he was on a 5game terror of 16ppg, like damn a 10-12yr vet is being judged on past 5 games? and now he is struggling and why is EBANKS getting burn?

how about EBANKS is who he is, and have you seen ARTEST slowly decline or stay same these past few seasons? what more do you expect from a player? are you trying to make them more than what they are? its what it seems to me

gotta judge them on full strength with NASH/GASOL before putting out full verdict, especially on those 2 who could thrive running with lanes catching lob dunks(EBANKS) and ARTEST spotting up in his sweet spots for 3's....

Ebanks - yeah I don't know where you got that from.. Just don't let a few bad apples ruin your judgement. If anything, people wanted to give him time to see what he can do since he was never really given a fair shake. He got that time, and proved he's not all that good. So naturally.... time to move on from him. Nothing wrong with that.

Metta on the other hand has been playing well in terms of getting us points and defense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/artesro01/gamelog/2013/

^ not bad for a player who is on the decline. You can easily tell he worked out a lot in getting into shape - and his 3 point shot is much improved from last season (went from 29% to 37% - And has already converted on 45 3's when he just made 56 last season). So while Metta isn't anything like prime Ron, he has improved his efficiency.

I do agree on judging THE TEAM as a whole at full strength. Metta has been playing well (he's had a few bad games, it happens) and if having Nash out there makes him even better than great. :D Ebanks though, is a lost cause.. He just doesn't have "it".

YoungOne
12-08-2012, 11:38 AM
because this team is so great, only the coach is to blame!

Andrew32
12-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Shaq should coach the Lakers.

Pluvious
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM

You need better examples. The two you posted are wrong. Ebanks has been given a look in a couple games in order to rest Bryant/Artest some. The first game he did pretty well...the second game not so much. If he continues badly I'm sure he won't play.

The shot selection with Artest is because he is not getting many wide open looks. The ball is not moving well enough in the offense around the perimeter. He's been ok though except for a couple games. Not sure your point.

Pluvious
12-08-2012, 02:02 PM
nobody has worse rotations than mike brown.

what he did with the Lakers subs and Kobes minute distribution was just absurd.

D'Antonni has already made some nice adjustments and is still trying players. He originally played Kobe too many minutes but has since started playing him much less. He also has Duhon handling the ball more then before. He has been tinkering with Earl Clark, Ebanks, Hill, Meeks, etc at this point.

Everyone talks about his system yet what I am seeing is a lot of post ups for Dwight, some isos for Kobe, a bit of pick and roll, a bit more up tempo, etc. Things any coach would be doing.

Thank you so much other fans for your amazing insight. :eyebrow: As of know D'Antonni should be given a chance to fail. The losses I am seeing so far are for similar reasons the Lakers were losing under Brown. Chemistry and defense. But I have seen signs of improvement with both.

The Lakers have some fundamental issues with the team too. They are older and slower at the wing positions and pf spot. And they don't have a natural facilitator on offense. Dwight and Kobe both try but its a bit sketchy.

Work in progress. Real nice analysis people. :rolleyes: If any of you are the more experienced posters and are jumping on D'Antonni already because its the cool thing to do then you're just another follower like the rest.

Pluvious
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Any coach that comes in and bench a HOF/Championship player like Gasol then calls him out in the media without even having coached him for three games is a tool. That should have told Lakers management striaght away this was the wrong guy for the job.

He didn't call him out or bench him...stop slurping the media.

sep11ie
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I wish I could use you Lakers fan's tears as lube.

NYtilIdie
12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Y'all motherf***ers thought we were playing when we bashed D'Antoni last year :laugh2: lifes a b***h!

pedrofan45
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
While the record holds true it is nothing but a myth because in most of those 8 losses Kobe goes on a scoring spree because the game either has gotten out of hand or was about to but it's no indication that he actually shoots too much

Dude, stop defending him. The Lakers are 1-8 when Kobe scores 30 or more points. "Nothing but a myth" my *****. When Kobe's a facilitator the Lakers look ridiculous, and he's more efficient with points. Kobe actually believes he's a good as he always was. And Lakers fans can't help but try to defend their out of prime superstar. All's I'm saying is I love to hear, "The Lakers lose, and Kobe had 35 in the contest." Reminds me of the 2008 Finals :)

LADTXR
12-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Relax, right now they have duhon and Jamison starting. Hill is playing C when Howard is on the bench, they are just not a very good team right now with Nash/gasol out.

LADTXR
12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Dude, stop defending him. The Lakers are 1-8 when Kobe scores 30 or more points. "Nothing but a myth" my *****. When Kobe's a facilitator the Lakers look ridiculous, and he's more efficient with points. Kobe actually believes he's a good as he always was. And Lakers fans can't help but try to defend their out of prime superstar. All's I'm saying is I love to hear, "The Lakers lose, and Kobe had 35 in the contest." Reminds me of the 2008 Finals :)

The record with points scored is a flawed stat, field goal attempts would be a more true stat.

LADTXR
12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
And turnovers

AddiX
12-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Lakers are going to be exhausted by allstar break, they already look beat. Mike d has no clue when it comes to minutes, he really is a bad coach, without a young nash, not even NBA worthy IMO.

When he was in ny, there nothing worse than his post game interviews, that stupid chuckle and his complete denial that anything s wrong or his fault drove me nuts.

king4day
12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Closed since the OP meant to post in the Laker forum