PDA

View Full Version : The Mavs

Il Mago50
12-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Hmm I was just looking at them and honestly if they get a healthy Dirk back, this could be a very good team.

They've got OJ Mayo finally breaking out, Darren Collison a good young PG, Elton Brand to defend the post, Kaman to bring post scoring and familiarity with Dirk, Marion when he's healthy, Carter finally looking dedicated and a legit sixth man, Carilse coaching...and Dirk. I wouldn't be shocked if these guys snuck into the West finals.

Raidaz4Life
12-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I think its a pretty poorly built team to be quite honest. Its like a team of journeymen of sorts. Kaman was a Clippers/Hornets reject, Brand was a 76ers reject, Collison was a Pacers reject, Mayo was a Grizzlies reject, Marion is a shell of his former self, etc.

Cal827
12-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I think its a pretty poorly built team to be quite honest. Its like a team of journeymen of sorts. Kaman was a Clippers/Hornets reject, Brand was a 76ers reject, Collison was a Pacers reject, Mayo was a Grizzlies reject, Marion is a shell of his former self, etc.

Got em a title a couple years back :D

Lakers + Giants
12-07-2012, 07:50 PM

Well wouldn't that make many of the NBA players rejects? Is kobe a pelican reject?

LAKobeBryant
12-07-2012, 07:54 PM
roster is worst than their championship roster = no

sep11ie
12-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Dallas Gramericks.

LongWayFromHome
12-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Hmm I was just looking at them and honestly if they get a healthy Dirk back, this could be a very good team.

They've got OJ Mayo finally breaking out, Darren Collison a good young PG, Elton Brand to defend the post, Kaman to bring post scoring and familiarity with Dirk, Marion when he's healthy, Carter finally looking dedicated and a legit sixth man, Carilse coaching...and Dirk. I wouldn't be shocked if these guys snuck into the West finals.

While I agree that IF (huge if) Dirk plays as well as he did in 2010-11 they COULD be a pretty good team (the dynamic will totally change so we really have no idea what they will look like). Your comments make it clear to me that you have not followed the team at all since the season began. Darren Collison has been good at times and TERRIBLE more often. Brand has had a couple of good games with a whole bunch of TERRIBLE ones. Kaman has been pretty solid and Mayo has been amazingly efficient.

Cracka2HI!
12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't think they can make the playoffs. They are so bad right now...it's due to injury but I heard Kaman and Marion are also hurt now. Who the hell is going to play for this team right now? Also Collison has been such a bust that Derek Fisher is starting. It isn't the late 90's that isn't a good thing.

Tanakid777
12-08-2012, 12:39 AM
I don't think they can make the playoffs. They are so bad right now...it's due to injury but I heard Kaman and Marion are also hurt now. Who the hell is going to play for this team right now? Also Collison has been such a bust that Derek Fisher is starting. It isn't the late 90's that isn't a good thing.

They're both day-to-day

Chronz
12-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Are you the same Mago thats on my XBL list?

Anyways, I really have to see how Dirk fares. People are quick to point out how bad they are now, but last time Dirk sat a bunch of games the team went 0-7 and won a chip when he came back.

Im not expecting that but I would really love to know how good Dirk still is before saying this team will fail to get out of R.1.

If he can get them to the Conference Finals then to me thats as great of an achievement as the year he got Dallas past San Antonio.

Ebbs
12-08-2012, 05:08 AM
If this team gets out of round 1 that's a huge victory. This team with it's best player back is completely different. Mayo is legitimate. Everyone else is inconsistent but the hunger is there for a lot of the guys similar to our championship squad.

Veterans at the end of their years who haven't won like Brand, Carter, Kaman want that ring and are gonna battle for it.