PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry

Monta is beast
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Dec. 7 -- His name has been missing from the substantive conversations about the NBA's best point guards. Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry is a lights-out shooter. No one disputes that fact. He's one of the craftiest scorers in the league when healthy.

But a great point guard?

It's only now, with Curry focused on leading his surprising Warriors, that his name is being tossed around as one of the youngsters poised to break into the league's elite group of floor generals.

Curry has put together four straight 20-point, 10-assist performances for the 11-7 Warriors, who are battling for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Warriors have won six of their past eight games and eight of their past 11, giving the state of California a third team (along with the Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers) that could be in the West's playoff mix come April.

The rewards for Curry could come sooner, however, as he'll get strong consideration for a reserve spot on the Western Conference All-Star team if he keeps on playing like he has. He's already kicked the door down and joined the Kia Race to the MVP Ladder this week at our No. 10 spot.

"This is the player everyone was excited about when he was at Davidson," one Eastern Conference executive said. "You knew he had the potential to be a dynamic scorer and a great shooter. The question was always going to be about his ability to adjust to being a full-time point guard and whether that would take away from his scoring ability. When he and Monta [Ellis] were there together and he was always hurt, it didn't look like he was going to get there. But he's doing both right now and doing them well."

As he did in a win over the Pistons Wednesday. Curry scored 22 points, nailing four of his six shots from distance, while dishing out 10 assists to just one turnover to go along with four steals and three rebounds.

Warriors coach Mark Jackson, who is third all-time in assists in the NBA, is aware that Curry is in the midst of taking that next step in the evolutionary process any of the potentially great point guards must take.

"I'm sure he's had a great stretch of performances before, but what I love about the way he's playing right now is that he's in total control out there on the floor," Jackson said of Curry. "When things get crazy, there's no need for me to call a timeout, because I feel confident and comfortable with his ability to run this team. He's playing at a whole other level probably than he's ever played."

The "other" level is where the NBA's true stars reside every night.

Welcome to the party, Stephen Curry.

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

NoahH
12-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes! Finally some recognition for Steph!

LAKobeBryant
12-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Wait until he guards Crawford and he pulls his signature crossover.

JNoel
12-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Glass ankles is definitely a top-tier shooter and its good to see him get some all-star consideration.

Sly Guy
12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
I'll have to watch some kind of a live stream for a warriors game soon, haven't seen him since he was a rook.

LakersA's49ers
12-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Bet Minnesota is salty for taking JONNY MF FLYNN. Called that one from Day One

asandhu23
12-07-2012, 06:12 PM
I'll have to watch some kind of a live stream for a warriors game soon, haven't seen him since he was a rook.

Watch tonight's game.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Bet Minnesota is salty for taking JONNY MF FLYNN. Called that one from Day One

so did I.........ugh

Hawkeye15
12-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I love me some Curry. I thought he would struggle to move to PG coming out of college, but he is a lights out shooter, underrated passer, and controls tempo fairly well. I fear his ankles, but I really like him as a player.

Sly Guy
12-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Watch tonight's game.

good call, should be a good one....cheers.

Baller1
12-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Like it's been said a million times... No one denies his talent/skill, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Monta is beast
12-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Last five games he's averaging 21.4 points per game, 9.6 assist per game, and his defensive rating is now at 105, which would be considered elite. Not saying he's an elite defender, but he's clearly taking his game to the next level. This is the player everyone thought he would develop into when we drafted him.

Monta is beast
12-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Like it's been said a million times... No one denies his talent/skill, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy.

He hasn't missed a game yet this season, and you can tell he's not worried about it at all anymore. He has no fear when driving into the lane, he's not shying away from contact. I think the ankle problems might be behind him.

Baller1
12-07-2012, 06:57 PM
He hasn't missed a game yet this season, and you can tell he's not worried about it at all anymore. He has no fear when driving into the lane, he's not shying away from contact. I think the ankle problems might be behind him.

Hope so. I really like Curry and Lee... It'd be nice to see them in the playoffs this season.

ManRam
12-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't think many people question Steph's ability; when he's healthy he's been pretty solid. The problem is he can't stay healthy.

JasonJohnHorn
12-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, GSW is playing well and missing two key players in Rush and Bogut. I'm very surprised, but happy for GSW fans, they deserve something to cheer about.

Curry is a great talent.

That said, why does everybody say he has trouble staying healthy? He had one injury? It's not like Oden and Bynum who have injuries every other year. He played 80 games a rookie and 74 in his sophomore season, neither is a bad number, and it was just during the strike shortened season that he missed significant time. Why do people call him glass-ankles and say he's injury prone? CP3 has missed more time than him in the past?

Monta is beast
12-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Tonight Curry had 28 points, 5 assist, and 0 turnovers.

TeamSeattle
12-07-2012, 11:00 PM
This guy is almost a top 5 pg talent when he is healthy so no surprises he is lighting it up now. He's also no longer wearing low-top shoes anymore thank G-d.

Swashcuff
12-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Curry is playing really well lately and as a shooter it was only a matter of time until he got into a rhythm. We're yet to see him at his best however.

seikou8
12-07-2012, 11:09 PM
top 10 pg by seasons end could be top 5-6

lol, please
12-07-2012, 11:10 PM
:worthy:

Monta is beast
12-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Over the last six games:

22.5 Points Per Game - 8.8 Assist Per Game - 3.1 Rebounds Per Game - 2 Turnovers Per Game - 4.4-1 Assist to Turnover Ratio

goldenstater
12-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Curry and Lee both deserve to be all-stars this year no question. not sure we get two since we haven't had one since Spreewell but its nice to see these two play at this allstar levels. Lee has been flat out beastin too. Go Dubs!

NoahH
12-08-2012, 03:26 AM
over the last six games:

22.5 points per game - 8.8 assist per game - 3.1 rebounds per game - 2 turnovers per game - 4.4-1 assist to turnover ratio

mvp!

Sactown
12-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Hopefully he never covers Crawford or Iverson lol, They'd give him career ending injuries with those ankles...

Ebbs
12-08-2012, 05:15 AM
I think a lot of people thought he was the cream of the crop. I thought it was Lawson that year. Regardless I hope his ankles stay healthy and he continues this level of play.

b-ballistic
12-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Curry, Lee, and Thompson is like the new RUN TMC

How about RUN TLC? haha

lol, please
12-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Curry, Lee, and Thompson is like the new RUN TMC

How about RUN TLC? haha

:clap: