PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction, Miami Won`t Make It To The Finals

RocketLoc80
12-07-2012, 12:32 AM
They have serious problems and the small ball thing isn`t working because they either have players who are on the decline( Wade,Haslem,Chalmers) who are defensive liabilities(Allen and Lewis) or who just aren`t good enough( Mike Miller,Norris Cole, Joel Anthony) so unless they swing a trade for a big man or a consistent decent PG they may not even get out of the east.

seikou8
12-07-2012, 12:33 AM
here we go

justinnum1
12-07-2012, 12:34 AM
hey now

Yanks All Day
12-07-2012, 12:36 AM
They were 12-5 through 17 games last year. 12-5 through 17 this year. Sure, they don't wanna lose these games, but they'll be fine. I'm sure they'd rather be playing their best ball in May and June than in November and December. Not an issue.

RocketLoc80
12-07-2012, 12:38 AM
They were 12-5 through 17 games last year. 12-5 through 17 this year. Sure, they don't wanna lose these games, but they'll be fine. I'm sure they'd rather be playing their best ball in May and June than in November and December. Not an issue.

BUt I don`t see them beating the Knicks without HCA or with this current roster

seikou8
12-07-2012, 12:40 AM

this

jmoney85
12-07-2012, 12:41 AM
The heat have it in them ... I seen it in the 2nd half of the nets heat game .... Their 2nd half defense was the best defensive performance ive seen in 2 years

justinnum1
12-07-2012, 12:42 AM
tore the cowards up #3tothedome

post that trophy brah

bucketss
12-07-2012, 12:42 AM
BUt I don`t see them beating the Knicks without HCA or with this current roster

just like you probably couldn't see them beat the bulls? .. o how about the celtics? lets give the defending champs some credit.

bucketss
12-07-2012, 12:44 AM

they played pretty well without that cancer no lie gotta give the knicks credit

#Threetothedome

Kenny
12-07-2012, 12:45 AM
I still think the Heat are the favorites to repeat this year. But the Knicks do things that give them serious problems. The biggest is they don't turn the ball over which Miami thrives on. They can knock down a ton of three's and when Shumpert comes back they have a couple wing defenders that are real good and can give Wade a tough time.

seikou8
12-07-2012, 12:45 AM
they played pretty well without that cancer no lie gotta give the knicks credit

#Threetothedome

:facepalm:

bucketss
12-07-2012, 12:48 AM
by cancer i meant melo not amare calm down.

Slug3
12-07-2012, 12:48 AM
:facepalm:

Maybe he meant amare?

RonE Coleman
12-07-2012, 12:49 AM
This thread is a little premature but if Miami does make it to the Finals I think the one team they would want to avoid is Memphis. They are HUGE compared to Miami

I think they would wipe the floor with them to be honest, not like it really matter right now or anything

ewing
12-07-2012, 12:57 AM
The issue i have with the small ball for the heat is not that it takes away shot blocking it is that it takes a way a beast of a pressure defender in LeBron. No one want to be straing down Bron tring to get to the paint. You cant get around him, you can over power him, you cant pass around him and if you actually beat him he cant recover and block it faster then anyone in the league

JNoel
12-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Lmmfao,

Then don't watch.

DumDum
12-07-2012, 01:00 AM
too early to tell

WAYNEBO
12-07-2012, 01:01 AM
If I were a Heat fan, I'd be very nervous with the up and down season from Wade and Bosh. Bron can't do it by himself.

ewing
12-07-2012, 01:03 AM
too early to tell

No doubt but i think having bron spend so much time protecting the basket is a bit of a waste. He also switched on screen role to easy tonight. Its nick picking b/c he played a perfect 1st half bit still

DumDum
12-07-2012, 01:09 AM
No doubt but i think having bron spend so much time protecting the basket is a bit of a waste. He also switched on screen role to easy tonight. Its nick picking b/c he played a perfect 1st half bit still

I know what you mean I want him out on the perimeter causing problems in the passing lanes but BOSH looking like a role player I didn't see much ''fire power'' from anyone besides bron. I still think they right the ship but I want them in with the first seed this year

Avenged
12-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Honestly they remind me of the championship Lakers of Kobe and Pau.

Play okay in the regular season but in the playoffs they always had that switch to just turn on whenever they wanted.

Complacency. Get use to it. Once the playoffs roll around, these guys will be firing on all cylinders, and their D will be top notch.

amos1er
12-07-2012, 01:15 AM
By the time the playoffs roll around, factoring in his present decline, Wade will be putting up 17, 3.5, 3.2 on a TS% of 50 with 3.9 turnovers per game. The Heat are going to need a Hurculean performance from Lebron if they are going to the finals. David Stern better prep his refs to do an even better job than last year if they are going to have a chance. And that is going to be hard to top.

SwatTeam
12-07-2012, 01:21 AM
BOLD prediction: One team will win the NBA Championship. That team will also have the finals MVP on its roster. Book it. Take it to the bank. Get it notarized. Bang supermodels. Go to sleep. Eat breakfast. Have one of the supermodels make you a sandwich. Take a nap. Do it over again.

ACanadian
12-07-2012, 01:29 AM
what do you guys want for christmas

SwatTeam
12-07-2012, 01:32 AM
what do you guys want for christmas

a pony . . . with naked supermodels on it - all wrapped neatly with a bow on top. Also, pants. I want some stretchy pants.

Heatcheck
12-07-2012, 01:32 AM
By the time the playoffs roll around, factoring in his present decline, Wade will be putting up 17, 3.5, 3.2 on a TS% of 50 with 3.9 turnovers per game. The Heat are going to need a Hurculean performance from Lebron if they are going to the finals. David Stern better prep his refs to do an even better job than last year if they are going to have a chance. And that is going to be hard to top.

really?
the man is avg 18 pts on 48%, don't go crazy

KnickaBocka.44
12-07-2012, 01:33 AM
BOLD prediction: One team will win the NBA Championship. That team will also have the finals MVP on its roster. Book it. Take it to the bank. Get it notarized. Bang supermodels. Go to sleep. Eat breakfast. Have one of the supermodels make you a sandwich. Take a nap. Do it over again.

I had that dream last night

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-07-2012, 01:34 AM
It's not so bold to predict this right now the way they are playing

Heatcheck
12-07-2012, 01:34 AM
and btw someone explain to me how they came up with the values for TS%. because its pretty much common knowledge that the 3pt is easier than the long 2 yet the group all 2pt fgs together in one grou, flawed stat if you ask me.

SwatTeam
12-07-2012, 01:36 AM
I had that dream last night

I have that dream every night. My walls have a glossy finish.

amos1er
really?
the man is avg 22 pts on 48%, don't go crazy

Huh???

More like 19.8, 3.9, and 4.8 on a fg% of 48.8. And after tonight's little boo boo, his numbers will take even more of a dive.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwyane_wade/

Nyc4You
post that trophy brah

:win: :win: :violin:

amos1er
12-07-2012, 01:38 AM
and btw someone explain to me how they came up with the values for TS%. because its pretty much common knowledge that the 3pt is easier than the long 2 yet the group all 2pt fgs together in one grou, flawed stat if you ask me.

lol...it's actually one of the most efficient stats when determining a players scoring efficiency. It's one of the few stats that most people agree on. One must also factor in shot attempts to points per game as well.

HeaTxRipZz
12-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Miami will be fine......Not sure why they should hit the panic button now. They still have an entire season to figure out where they need to be come playoff time. I think they are still a lock for ECF

Heatcheck
Huh???

More like 19.8, 3.9, and 4.8 on a fg% of 48.8. And after tonight's little boo boo, his numbers will take even more of a dive.

nope, doesn't count, I changed it before you posted.

KnickaBocka.44
I have that dream every night. My walls have a glossy finish.

your ***** walls might.

Heatcheck
12-07-2012, 01:40 AM
lol...it's actually one of the most efficient stats when determining a players scoring efficiency. It's one of the few stats that most people agree on. One must also factor in shot attempts to points per game as well.

you didn't really answer my question or explain WHY its one of the most efficient stats, but I hear you.

amos1er
12-07-2012, 01:41 AM
you didn't really answer my question or explain WHY its one of the most efficient stats, but I hear you.

It actually does count because I still managed to quote your old post before you changed and it's there for all to see.

ChickenSouvlaki
12-07-2012, 01:42 AM
They have serious problems and the small ball thing isn`t working because they either have players who are on the decline( Wade,Haslem,Chalmers) who are defensive liabilities(Allen and Lewis) or who just aren`t good enough( Mike Miller,Norris Cole, Joel Anthony) so unless they swing a trade for a big man or a consistent decent PG they may not even get out of the east.

Who's gonna stop them?

Heatcheck
12-07-2012, 01:43 AM
It actually does count because I still managed to quote your old post before you changed and it's there for all to see.

but you responded to the wrong post on that one so they cancel out

and btw, he's its still 20 ppg on damn near 50%, if he shot as many as kobe he'd have the same prduction

amos1er
12-07-2012, 01:44 AM

It factors in 3 point shooting and ft attempts as well as regular field goal attempts. If anything, normal fg% is flawed.

amos1er
12-07-2012, 01:45 AM
but you responded to the wrong post on that one so they cancel out

Originally Posted by Heatcheck
really?
the man is avg 22 pts on 48%, don't go crazy
Huh???

blastmasta26
12-07-2012, 01:47 AM
How is that flawed? If three pointers are easier than long 2s and worth more points, why go for the long 2s? The whole point of TS% is to gauge efficiency and shooting long 2s simply isn't as efficient.

meloman1592
12-07-2012, 01:48 AM
by cancer i meant melo not amare calm down.

lol that cancer wade is gonna be the demise of your team

Heatcheck
12-07-2012, 01:48 AM
It factors in 3 point shooting and ft attempts as well as regular field goal attempts. If anything, normal fg% is flawed.

your telling me stuff I know and stated in the post, my question is how do they come up with this arbitrary number (if im not mistaken its something like a 3pt is twice as hard as a 2pt) for 3pters, and then lump all 2pt fgs together in the same category.

Heatcheck
12-07-2012, 01:51 AM
lol that cancer wade is gonna be the demise of your team

you have experience watching wade be the demise of teams huh?

MackSnackWrap
12-07-2012, 01:53 AM

Tore yal up last playoffs #4BlowsToTheDome.. Expect the same this year.

rockbottom2010
12-07-2012, 01:56 AM
the season is too early....close thread

sep11ie
12-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Bro, your story is cool.

I hated the whole "super team" when it started, but get over it. I realized it's not the NBA of old. This is the trend. It's what superstars want to do. Time for you to get over it?

Hawkeye15
12-07-2012, 02:06 AM
I mean, can anyone see another east team knocking them off?

Its the freakin east

torocan
12-07-2012, 02:27 AM
How is that flawed? If three pointers are easier than long 2s and worth more points, why go for the long 2s? The whole point of TS% is to gauge efficiency and shooting long 2s simply isn't as efficient.

Yes and No.

The reason why the long 2 is generally considered the most inefficient shot in basketball is because the chance of making them is considerably lower vs the trade off of making a 3 point shot for MOST but NOT all people.

That said, IF your long 2 shooting percentage is HIGH enough, it DOES become an efficient shot IF that's the only shot that you can easily make.

There are a handful of players where the long 2 becomes efficient. Dirk Nowitzki has made a living off of them.

Everything is somewhat situational. For example, FT's are incredibly efficient... unless you're Dwight Howard and shooting sub 50%.

And TS% is generally agreed to be the MOST accurate stat in terms of determining scoring efficiency BECAUSE it factors in 2 point shots, 3 point shots, AND Free throws.

As for whether a player is shooting the MOST efficiently he can, there's no easy stat in terms of determining that UNLESS you break down positional data, and that requires significantly MORE than distance data.

IE, shot range is actually only partially helpful, as MOST shooters have favored spots on the floor, and even at similar distances will have uneven shooting percentages.

For one player, a specific spot at 18 feet will have a better chance of going down than that same player shooting 12 feet in a different spot, even though intuitively you would believe they would have a higher percentage of makes at 12 feet. Many players will even have dramatically different accuracy shooting from 12 feet at 2 different spots on the floor.

It's just the reality of how people actually shoot and score when the ball is in their hands.

Jarvo
12-07-2012, 03:27 AM
If it came down to it Heat will beat the Knicks in the playoffs, Stop making threads like this.

Baller1
12-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Yes they will be in the Finals, and they'll beat NY in 4-5 games.

bklynny67
12-07-2012, 04:35 AM
That's not a bold prediction. It's never considered a bold prediction just by saying a team won't make the finals. Saying that makes it sound like it was supposed to be so easy and it was obvious from the beginning that they would make it to the finals, which everyone knows it was never a given.

Stupid *** thread!

Knick4Knack
12-07-2012, 05:03 AM
Tough ECF war b/w NYK and Miami. These two teams have history and will bring the nasty!!!!

NYYCowboys
12-07-2012, 05:12 AM
I mean, can anyone see another east team knocking them off?

Its the freakin east

Umm yeah the team that's beat them twice this year by a combined 40 points without out Amare, Shumpert and Melo for one of those games. If the Knicks continue to do what they do best, which is shoot 3s, play defense, and limit turnovers then honestly I can see them beating any team in a best of 7 series, and I was one of the Knicks fans early on saying we'd be a 3-5 seed.

That being said there's a ton of games still to play and anything could happen. The Heat are the defending champs and are the team to beat until they are knocked off.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-07-2012, 06:01 AM

Sorry not this year, the Knicks are really good this year! It would go 7 games

amos1er
12-07-2012, 06:34 AM
your telling me stuff I know and stated in the post, my question is how do they come up with this arbitrary number (if im not mistaken its something like a 3pt is twice as hard as a 2pt) for 3pters, and then lump all 2pt fgs together in the same category.

Uhg...just wiki it bro. I've done all I could. :(

2-ONE-5
12-07-2012, 07:47 AM
LOL there is a big difference in beating Miami 1 game at a time in the (meaningless) reg season compared to a 7 games series.

RocketLoc80
12-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Question is can the Heat still grab HCA in the East? If not I think they might be screwed this year

Andrew32
12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Healthy Knicks will hopefully give them a battle but even I still consider the Heat the clear favorites to come out of the East.

I don't think Wade has declined that much and Ray was a great addition.

They still have kinks to work out also.

Losoway
12-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Heat nets or knicks...teams thats gonna make the finals. Either one just watch

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 08:25 AM
LOL there is a big difference in beating Miami 1 game at a time in the (meaningless) reg season compared to a 7 games series.

Sorry but this was far from a meaningless game. Heat got whooped by the worst team in the league the night before. They knew they got whooped by us in the beginning of the season by 20. No Amare, No Melo, No Shumpert.

A nationally televised game without the main scorers playing and you lose by 21?

You all need to stop drinking the koolaide that Miami will just wake up and be better come playoffs.

Lebron is being played out of position and its hurting the defense. He still gets his stats but the defense isnt as overwhelming as it was last year because they have no big guys protecting the paint.

Now the wingmen for Miami have to overcompensate and protect driving lanes leaving the perimeter wide open for threes. The knicks have hit a lot of threes against them but when your wide open those looks become a lot easier.

Until the Heat realize that talent alone doesnt win games they wont get passed the Knicks in the east.

JNoel
12-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Question is can the Heat still grab HCA in the East? If not I think they might be screwed this year

Have you not watched the Heat for the past 2 seasons? They were fine with the 2nd seed, and they would still be fine if they got the 8th seed imo.

Jahari Kavi
12-07-2012, 08:36 AM
there is a big difference in beating Miami 1 game at a time in the (meaningless) reg season compared to a 7 games series.

pretty much my sentiments...everyone not named Lebron was on cruise control last night.....we've all come to accept the fact that Wade will show up half the time, so this shouldn't be shocking.....they'll be fine in a 7 game series with the Knicks........

Marlin234
12-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Healthy Knicks will hopefully give them a battle but even I still consider the Heat the clear favorites to come out of the East.

I don't think Wade has declined that much and Ray was a great addition.

They still have kinks to work out also.

Howd that work out for OKC last year? Or the even grittier deffense the year prior to that of the Chicago Bulls?

koreancabbage
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
question is if the Knicks will win a playoff game this year, let alone have another Melo team not make it past the first round.

2-ONE-5
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Sorry but this was far from a meaningless game. Heat got whooped by the worst team in the league the night before. They knew they got whooped by us in the beginning of the season by 20. No Amare, No Melo, No Shumpert.

A nationally televised game without the main scorers playing and you lose by 21?

You all need to stop drinking the koolaide that Miami will just wake up and be better come playoffs.

Lebron is being played out of position and its hurting the defense. He still gets his stats but the defense isnt as overwhelming as it was last year because they have no big guys protecting the paint.

Now the wingmen for Miami have to overcompensate and protect driving lanes leaving the perimeter wide open for threes. The knicks have hit a lot of threes against them but when your wide open those looks become a lot easier.

Until the Heat realize that talent alone doesnt win games they wont get passed the Knicks in the east.

In both wins vs the Heat the Knicks have made over 30 three balls. that wont happen throughout a 7 games series...

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
question is if the Knicks will win a playoff game this year, let alone have another Melo team not make it past the first round.

Thats a silly question. The Knicks are the number 1 seed in the east after dismantling the Heat without their full squad twice while the Heat were all healthy and your questioning whether they are coming out of the first round lol...

Whats happening in LA must really be taking a toll on your mind lol

ManRam
12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
1. I don't think it's bold to say that any single team won't make the Finals. It's so hard to do, even for elite teams.

2. Their defense does look terrible right now, for sure. That's going to have to get better.

3. It's early December, I'm not looking too much into anything right now. A lot of season left.

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
In both wins vs the Heat the Knicks have made over 30 three balls. that wont happen throughout a 7 games series...

You must have not watched the game. How many of those threes were wide open looks? The only player shooting contested threes was Felton. Like i said in an earlier post the Heat were overplaying the passing lanes to compensate for no bigman in the paint and they were exposed on the perimeter. You give a proffessional basketball player a wide open look he will hit it at a higher clip then with a guy in his face.

Heat had no answer for the ball movement.

koreancabbage
12-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Thats a silly question. The Knicks are the number 1 seed in the east after dismantling the Heat without their full squad twice while the Heat were all healthy and your questioning whether they are coming out of the first round lol...

Whats happening in LA must really be taking a toll on your mind lol

how early is this season? how many threes did the Knicks make and hit at an inconceivable rate? Is this not the same Heat team that Knicks fans were clamouring about last year that could beat the Heat in the first round but ended up having to put ice on their butt holes after finally winning one game in like x amount of years.

yea- last time i checked Melo was still on this team.

SteBO
12-07-2012, 09:53 AM

How long have you watched the NBA? Serious question, because you have you wouldn't be making long winded statements like this. The repercussions of a regular season game is nothing like wins/losses in the playoffs. Nothing.

The Knicks deserve a ton of credit last night. I couldn't even argue anything. We got our ***es handed to us, and even LBJ and Spo admitted as much. But you're acting as if this will have big implications for what could happen in a 7-game series. I've seen this team play the elite defense in spurts this year, so they can do it whether you want to believe it or not. Consistency during the regular season has been the main issue, and the defense ties into that. Plus, we should've lost games against Denver, Houston, Cleveland, San Antonio's B-team, and Milwaukee so what's happening now shouldn't be a shocker to Heat fans really. Their BS'ing around and playing like garbage is simply catching up with them now. As a Heat fan, all I can do is hope that things turn around, but in the long haul this will all mean nothing IF they own it and correct it.

SteBO
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
You must have not watched the game. How many of those threes were wide open looks? The only player shooting contested threes was Felton. Like i said in an earlier post the Heat were overplaying the passing lanes to compensate for no bigman in the paint and they were exposed on the perimeter. You give a proffessional basketball player a wide open look he will hit it at a higher clip then with a guy in his face.

Heat had no answer for the ball movement.
Congratulations. You guys deserve it. But you need to understand that hitting three's at the rate the Knicks have isn't going to hold up over 7 games. It just doesn't happen that way. And there's a reason you guys had open looks: Miami didn't put forth the extra effort defensively to rotate to shooters, and it's happened in nearly every game this year. If the Knicks are going to rely on three's to advance from round-to-round, then they'd be playing with fire. If anything will keep them afloat, it's Carmelo and the defense. But NY is hitting them, so I'll give credit where it's due.

Knicks are without question contenders. I'm looking forward to a possible playoff series.

VillaMaravilla
12-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Tore yal up last playoffs #4BlowsToTheDome.. Expect the same this year.

Funny my dude lol keep telling yourself this maybe you'll actually believe it........#3tothedome

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:01 AM
How long have you watched the NBA? Serious question, because you have you wouldn't be making long winded statements like this. The repercussions of a regular season game is nothing like wins/losses in the playoffs. Nothing.

The Knicks deserve a ton of credit last night. I couldn't even argue anything. We got our ***es handed to us, and even LBJ and Spo admitted as much. But you're acting as if this will have big implications for what could happen in a 7-game series. I've seen this team play the elite defense in spurts this year, so they can do it whether you want to believe it or not. Consistency during the regular season has been the main issue, and the defense ties into that. Plus, we should've lost games against Denver, Houston, Cleveland, San Antonio's B-team, and Milwaukee so what's happening now shouldn't be a shocker to Heat fans really. Their BS'ing around and playing like garbage is simply catching up with them now. As a Heat fan, all I can do is hope that things turn around, but in the long haul this will all mean nothing IF they own it and correct it.

Your comparing two different teams. You take Joel Anthony out of the starting lineup and add two more perimeter players that play terrible defense in Allen and Lewis. Your surprised by the drop in defense?

I am the advocate for hating Joel Anthony. That dude got away with murder in the starting lineup for the Heat Last year. You have no more shot blocker in the paint. Wade Chalmers Lebron cant pick up at half court the way they were doing last year. Their is no interior defender. I know your a heat fan but you cant be this delusional to think that the defense is just bad by lack of effort?

It is a nationally televised game hyped up by the media. You dont think Bosh, Wade, and Lebron would be up for this game lol.....

You keep saying its a regular season game but throughout the season the Heat have shown an inability to guard the perimeter. They have shown an inability to guard the paint.

They have shown a great improvement in three pointers made. All their signings this season were for offense and not defense. You got what you paid for.

But hey stick to the line "this game means nothing" just like the game before the line was "We gave you the win because of Hurricane Sandy" lol...

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:06 AM
how early is this season? how many threes did the Knicks make and hit at an inconceivable rate? Is this not the same Heat team that Knicks fans were clamouring about last year that could beat the Heat in the first round but ended up having to put ice on their butt holes after finally winning one game in like x amount of years.

yea- last time i checked Melo was still on this team.

wide open threes arent hard to make. If anything we shot poorly behind the arc because we missed 7 or 8 that were completely wide open.

This is two different teams. For arugements sake we havent even seen a full knicks roster this whole season. 2 starters have been out since the beginning of the season and melo was out last night.

Being number 1 without 2 key rotational players all season is a lot different then being middle of the pack last season.

Additions: Felton: Starter Kidd: Starter Brewer: Starter Thomas, Camby, Rasheed, White, Copeland, Prigioni

Yeah same team as last year that got their *** kicked. Your right I am just talking crazy lol...:facepalm:

SteBO
12-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Your comparing two different teams. You take Joel Anthony out of the starting lineup and add two more perimeter players that play terrible defense in Allen and Lewis. Your surprised by the drop in defense?

I am the advocate for hating Joel Anthony. That dude got away with murder in the starting lineup for the Heat Last year. You have no more shot blocker in the paint. Wade Chalmers Lebron cant pick up at half court the way they were doing last year. Their is no interior defender. I know your a heat fan but you cant be this delusional to think that the defense is just bad by lack of effort?

It is a nationally televised game hyped up by the media. You dont think Bosh, Wade, and Lebron would be up for this game lol.....

You keep saying its a regular season game but throughout the season the Heat have shown an inability to guard the perimeter. They have shown an inability to guard the paint.

They have shown a great improvement in three pointers made. All their signings this season were for offense and not defense. You got what you paid for.

But hey stick to the line "this game means nothing" just like the game before the line was "We gave you the win because of Hurricane Sandy" lol...
I watch the Heat a helluva lot more than you do, so I'm very confortable saying that Miami is capable of playing much better defense than they've shown. You can stop playing the victim now, because I've given them plenty of credit already, just like I did in the previous game.

Miami's been an elite defensive team playing small for TWO years now, and they're struggling now. It's early, hence why this game means as close to nothing as it will ever mean. The postseason is where it truly matters, not now. Sorry you can't see that or too busy basking in Knicks glory to face that fact, which I can't really blame you for.

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Congratulations. You guys deserve it. But you need to understand that hitting three's at the rate the Knicks have isn't going to hold up over 7 games. It just doesn't happen that way. And there's a reason you guys had open looks: Miami didn't put forth the extra effort defensively to rotate to shooters, and it's happened in nearly every game this year. If the Knicks are going to rely on three's to advance from round-to-round, then they'd be playing with fire. If anything will keep them afloat, it's Carmelo and the defense. But NY is hitting them, so I'll give credit where it's due.

Knicks are without question contenders. I'm looking forward to a possible playoff series.

I dont see how it cant hold up if they are wide open. You give guys who can shoot the ball real well already an open look they are going to hit it.

You keep implying that the Knicks shot out of the ordinary well. They definitely shot better then usual but its twice against the same oponent. Sorry stebo its not pixy dust and luck of the draw. Its the lack of perimeter defense. That wont get any better until Spo stops trying to play positionless basketball and goes back to a traditional starting lineup.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 10:12 AM

lol

kdspurman
12-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Defending champs will always be the favorites, especially if they have improved their team (although the defense is not where it should be yet).

But the East will be much more competitive because of the NY teams, and it's not a case where it's a shoe-in to make the finals just because the competition is better. There's at least a little room to debate it.

But the old saying is to be the best you gotta beat the best. And someone still has to beat them 4 times out of 7.

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I watch the Heat a helluva lot more than you do, so I'm very confortable saying that Miami is capable of playing much better defense than they've shown. You can stop playing the victim now, because I've given them plenty of credit already, just like I did in the previous game.

Miami's been an elite defensive team playing small for TWO years now, and they're struggling now. It's early, hence why this game means as close to nothing as it will ever mean. The postseason is where it truly matters, not now. Sorry you can't see that or too busy basking in Knicks glory to face that fact, which I can't really blame you for.

Joel Anthony was a starter last year. I dont know how that is playing small. You can be comfortable saying whatever you like its your opinion. It doesnt mean its accurate.

Spurs B team took you to the wire. Wizards beat you. Knicks without any of their stars beat you. Cavs went to the wire. A lot of last minute heroics for an elite defensive team. Its alright to admit that the lineup isnt working. You need a big man sorely and I know Riley sees it.

The real question is who is he going to get to fix the problems. He might be able to make a package for gasol. Dantoni is dumb enough to take on a couple of those three point shooters for gasol. That would be a good trade for you guys.

SteBO
12-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I dont see how it cant hold up if they are wide open. You give guys who can shoot the ball real well already an open look they are going to hit it.

You keep implying that the Knicks shot out of the ordinary well. They definitely shot better then usual but its twice against the same oponent. Sorry stebo its not pixy dust and luck of the draw. Its the lack of perimeter defense. That wont get any better until Spo stops trying to play positionless basketball and goes back to a traditional starting lineup.
I see what you're saying, but Miami's a better perimeter defensive team than they've shown. At some point, hoisting 44 3's in a game is going to become a burden to the offense. But it doesn't mean anything now, because the Knicks are hitting them. Can't argue with the results.

Rockice_8
12-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Right now it's looking like a 4 team race in the East. MIA, NYK, BK, and BOS. I could any two of those 4 matching up in the ECF with a chance to go to the Finals. Even though BOS is playing crappy I still have to consider them a threat. Clearly the 3 best teams in the East though are MIA, NYK, and BK.

I really don't see any other team in the East having a chance. And just cause the Knicks beat the Heat twice doesn't mean anything other then they should be considered a real threat, not that they are better. The season is long and we'll see how each team is playing come playoff time.

SteBO
12-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Joel Anthony was a starter last year. I dont know how that is playing small. You can be comfortable saying whatever you like its your opinion. It doesnt mean its accurate.

Spurs B team took you to the wire. Wizards beat you. Knicks without any of their stars beat you. Cavs went to the wire. A lot of last minute heroics for an elite defensive team. Its alright to admit that the lineup isnt working. You need a big man sorely and I know Riley sees it.

The real question is who is he going to get to fix the problems. He might be able to make a package for gasol. Dantoni is dumb enough to take on a couple of those three point shooters for gasol. That would be a good trade for you guys.
Whatever bro. I know what I'm talking about. Miami will improve defensively. We'll see if NY will hit 18-19 three's a game in a seven game series against anybody, let alone Miami. Time will tell....that's why we play the games. PEACE.

koreancabbage
12-07-2012, 10:16 AM
wide open threes arent hard to make. If anything we shot poorly behind the arc because we missed 7 or 8 that were completely wide open.

This is two different teams. For arugements sake we havent even seen a full knicks roster this whole season. 2 starters have been out since the beginning of the season and melo was out last night.

Being number 1 without 2 key rotational players all season is a lot different then being middle of the pack last season.

Additions: Felton: Starter Kidd: Starter Brewer: Starter Thomas, Camby, Rasheed, White, Copeland, Prigioni

Yeah same team as last year that got their *** kicked. Your right I am just talking crazy lol...:facepalm:

they definitely had a better version of Amare and Chandler. but i digress, you are correct. theoretically speaking we haven't seen Amare yet on this team, so who knows how this team will run since there is only ball stopper in Melo right now.

regardless unless you guys can win a playoff series - Knicks still have to prove a lot.

justinnum1
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM

Yep. See you guys in June. :)

Spiderman 1nner
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm a Knicks fan but even I will say this thread is BS. The Heat are just pacing themselves like they did last year, prolly even more so since its a full season. Yes the Heat have their flaws, every team does, but just because the Knicks crushed em twice early in the season does not mean they're done... I will say tho I can't wait for this series come playoff time

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Wow maybe Gasol is out of the question lol. A lot of cheap contracts.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkzqe8s LOL seems ridiculous

More reasonable
Bye Bosh
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bvr6ten

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 10:25 AM
*yawn,
when the playoffs roll around and the heat demolish teams with their perimeter defense, i hope this thread doesn't disappear.

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:27 AM
*yawn,
when the playoffs roll around and the heat demolish teams with their perimeter defense, i hope this thread doesn't disappear.

When the heat continue to allow everyone to shoot on them all season and throughout the playoffs I hope this thread doesnt disappear.

Rockice_8
12-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Wow maybe Gasol is out of the question lol. A lot of cheap contracts.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkzqe8s LOL seems ridiculous

More reasonable
Bye Bosh
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bvr6ten

:eyebrow:

Why would MIA downgrade from Bosh to Gasol? Terrible trade idea. If Knicks fans want to crown themselves the team to beat go ahead but in reality you're not despite a few solid wins against the real team to beat.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
When the heat continue to allow everyone to shoot on them all season and throughout the playoffs I hope this thread doesnt disappear.

did u just start watching basketball this year?:confused:

heat had the same issues in year 1 and year 2 (of the big 3) buddy.

stop overexaggerating things.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
lol @ trade bosh for gasol.

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:32 AM

Why would MIA downgrade from Bosh to Gasol? Terrible trade idea. If Knicks fans want to crown themselves the team to beat go ahead but in reality you're not despite a few solid wins against the real team to beat.

Thats the only trade they can make to get a big man. They dont really have pieces to land anyone with a big contract. Is Biedrins on the market?

SINCESTARBURY25
12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow all these people saying we are only 3 point shooters obviously don't watch the other games. Our inside game is crazy good. Plus top notch defense. Stop hating. Because last time I checked "BALL DON'T LIE"

Im_in_Mia_bish

lol, but oh man the heat should do the trade i mean look at the countless positives :rolleyes:

a. gasol is older
b. bosh is a better shooter
c. more salary cap on the heat

makes total sense bro.

JordansBulls
It will certainly be a better series and more exciting one if Miami has to win the series vs NY without HCA.

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
did u just start watching basketball this year?:confused:

heat had the same issues in year 1 and year 2 (of the big 3) buddy.

stop overexaggerating things.

I been watching basketball for a long time. I dont think they should have won the title last year. Got some favorable swings in the playoffs. They already are mortal with their sub par pg play and center play. If Lebron goes down for any stretch of the season they are toast.

Its sad to say that Wade has regressed soo much that its like Lebron is playing with a glorified Cavs team right now. I really hope he gets better. He used to be one of my favorite players in the league.

latinofire21
12-07-2012, 10:37 AM
lol, but oh man the heat should do the trade i mean look at the countless positives :rolleyes:

a. gasol is older
b. bosh is a better shooter
c. more salary cap on the heat

makes total sense bro.

Heres more positives.

Gasol protects the paint
Gasol rebounds
Gasol wont dissapear in the game being the focal point down low for a perimeter offense like Bosh.

Lets be real the age thing doesnt really matter right now because the Heat as currently constructed are not a dynasty team. With the wade is falling off and Bosh showing up half the time you really think these three clowns will extend to play with each other longer lol.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 10:39 AM
I been watching basketball for a long time. I dont think they should have won the title last year. Got some favorable swings in the playoffs. They already are mortal with their sub par pg play and center play. If Lebron goes down for any stretch of the season they are toast.

Its sad to say that Wade has regressed soo much that its like Lebron is playing with a glorified Cavs team right now. I really hope he gets better. He used to be one of my favorite players in the league.

than stop saying things that new basketball fans say every year.
only new basketball fans would overexaggerate wins in a regular season.

look at 2010, when the bulls swept the heat and won game 1 in blow out fashion. what happened next?
wanna guess?

favorable swings or not, the miami heat were nba champions.

im not worried at all because i know spo just needs to figure out the right rotations for certain situations and the heat will be just fine.

way too early to even suggest trade talk lol

torocan
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM
I see what you're saying, but Miami's a better perimeter defensive team than they've shown. At some point, hoisting 44 3's in a game is going to become a burden to the offense. But it doesn't mean anything now, because the Knicks are hitting them. Can't argue with the results.

Miami is a better perimeter defense team than last night, but it doesn't matter if you have Enough quality 3 point shooters and Share the ball fast enough ala the Spurs.

Miami is one of the most athletic teams in the league (up there with OKC), but you can't out run a pass. And that's where the Spurs and Knicks carved you up. They didn't get open looks on the First pass, they got them on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th passes.

Dribble Penetration + kick out + 2nd/3rd pass = unguardable with pure defensive rotation

As for hoisting 3's, the 3 point shot is the 2nd most efficient shot in basketball (behind going at the rim). They catch up with you if you don't have ENOUGH 3 point shooters. Last year, the Knicks had Novak and Smith. However, since then they have LOADED up with 3 point shooters.

You now have MANY shooters who shoot 35-40%+. There are currently SEVEN Knicks shooting 40%+ from behind the arc, with the next 2 shooting around 33% (league average).

IF You have THAT many shooters, AND you share the ball with quick 2nd and 3rd passes, then you CAN rely on the 3 ball as long as you shoot ENOUGH of them.

The biggest risk to the 3 ball is that they are lower percentage makes than the 2 ball, even with a similar/higher expected return. In other words, they are streakier. However, if you increase the number of 3 point makes enough, those SMOOTH out over a game, Especially when spread out among Multiple shooters.

Here's another little known fact. There is a 10% difference in shooting accuracy between contested and uncontested jump shots. Just putting a hand in someone's face lowers their chance of making that shot by approximately 10%. So, if a team can produce WIDE OPEN LOOKS, it's as if they are shooting 10% better than if they are defended.

So, when you see that player with a 33% at the 3 point line? If they were uncontested on every shot, they would shoot more like 37%, or 40%.

So yes, between shooting Enough 3-balls, with Enough 3-ball shooters, shooting Enough Uncontested shots, a team CAN keep them up all season.

The main difference is, most teams do NOT have enough 3 point shooters to make it work.

The Knicks are exceptionally dangerous to the Heat right now for multiple reasons.

1) Size. Miami are small ball, and you can't beat size at the Rim. Chandler/Sheed alter every shot that goes near them.

2) Passing. Doesn't matter how athletic you are, you can't outrun the ball. What you saw last night (and in the Spurs game) was quick passing... 2nd, 3rd and 4th touches force the Heat to rotate faster than is humanly possible to cover. Do that fast enough, mixed in with dribble penetration and it can't be fully guarded by Any team in the league.

3) 3 point shooting. They are LOADED with 3 point shooters, which means you just can't body up Novak and JR Smith. Either you cover and get stretched out (opening dribble penetration), or you sag and dare to them to shoot (40%+ shooters). Both options lead to points on the board.

Miami is still an Elite team, but the Knicks were built specifically to take on the Heat this year. I don't know whether they'll come out on top, but they provide match up problems for the Heat as a whole.

Size, lots of 3 point shooters, improved depth at the PG position, and improved passing are a recipe for taking down Lebron and Co.

Rockice_8
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Thats the only trade they can make to get a big man. They dont really have pieces to land anyone with a big contract. Is Biedrins on the market?

Teams are always looking to dump players at the deadline. Even if they don't get anyone they're still going to be the team to beat. The Knicks depth becomes less and less of a strength come playoff time when rotations drop to 8 or 9. Right now they are using it well against the Heat who aren't as deep.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Heres more positives.

Gasol protects the paint
Gasol rebounds
Gasol wont dissapear in the game being the focal point down low for a perimeter offense like Bosh.

Lets be real the age thing doesnt really matter right now because the Heat as currently constructed are not a dynasty team. With the wade is falling off and Bosh showing up half the time you really think these three clowns will extend to play with each other longer lol.

time will tell.

Rockice_8
12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Heres more positives.

Gasol protects the paint
Gasol rebounds

Yet LA is probably going to dump him. Gasol has knee issues and is not a better rebounder then Bosh, they are about the same. Bosh has been great all year, he had a bad game yesterday.

You wanting Gasol over Bosh says all I need to know.

pacofunk64
12-07-2012, 10:58 AM
So Miami gets toasted at home to the Knicks...big ****ing whooop, lol. The Knicks look damn good but I'm not concerned with the Heat one bit. To be honest the Heat looking bored out there. All they want to do is play the playoff games then we'll see how good NY is.

1-800-STFU
12-07-2012, 11:05 AM
I hate this forum and everyone who is here

#stupidtwitterhashtags

Dade County
12-07-2012, 11:16 AM
They sure know how to create drama, year after year, this soap opera continues.

Knick fans should be happy, their team won the game... but I'm not fooled by these con- artist.

benzni
12-07-2012, 11:22 AM
nba forum

where stupidity happens

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 11:22 AM

#stupidtwitterhashtags

#hi

omdigga
12-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Not really worried about the Heat.. They look bored this regular season.. DWade doesnt look healthy..

They still are the team to beat in the EAST.

HowFit
12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Too early into the season to tell...

Hawkeye15
12-07-2012, 12:00 PM
So Miami gets toasted at home to the Knicks...big ****ing whooop, lol. The Knicks look damn good but I'm not concerned with the Heat one bit. To be honest the Heat looking bored out there. All they want to do is play the playoff games then we'll see how good NY is.

classic case of a team that is dying to prove themselves, versus a team that has already proven themselves quite honestly.

mightybosstone
12-07-2012, 12:05 PM
In 2010, if I recall correctly, the Chicago Bulls beat the heat 3-1 in the regular season series. In the playoffs, the Heat crushed them in five games. Regular season series means little in the playoffs when you're talking about elite teams.

emman03
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
bold prediction the one who created this thread is a basketball fan because he love balls

are you crazy??? we all know the heat is not a good season team we all know that since the big 3 era they got 8-9 start correct me if I'm wrong then teams like boston chicago and okc beat them in the season series but they beat those team last season to win the ring. heat is a post season team they are look so different in playoffs and for me that's the reason why they look scary you can beat the heat in the season but in a playoff series?? It's difficult to beat them...

quote me if you agree

ChickenSouvlaki
12-07-2012, 12:36 PM

#stupidtwitterhashtags

#yolo

Mayweather&NYK
12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Bold Prediction

its a 4 team race to the finals...

East
NYK and Miami

West
LAC and Memphis

OKC, LAL on the outside looking in.....

bucketss
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
^nets too

Mr Haha
12-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Does anybody have a hypothesis as to why the NBA forum operates at such a lower intellectual level than all the others on this site?

DoMeFavors
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
lol people say this every year and they know Miami is an entire different team come playoffs, they literally cant be stopped

SwatTeam
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I feel like this thread has the potential to get bumped after another Heat regular season game collapse or another Heat regular season game triumph. Bravo OP! Bravo!

Mr. Baller
12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
In 2010, if I recall correctly, the Chicago Bulls beat the heat 3-1 in the regular season series. In the playoffs, the Heat crushed them in five games. Regular season series means little in the playoffs when you're talking about elite teams.

this. And I think they swept us in 2010, 3-0.

DoMeFavors
12-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Lebron used to be on a team that was 1 seed every year and only cared about that, now he is on a team that knows it has to pace themselves for the playoffs.

godolphins
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
In 2010, both the Celtics and the Bulls went 3-1 against us in the regular season but in the playoffs we ended up beating them in five games. Last year, the Celtics won the regular season series 3-1 and we still managed to beat them in the playoffs. We'll see which Miami Heat team shows up in the playoffs.

RocketLoc80
12-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Listen if you are going to be the best you have to prove that night in and night out and the way the Heat are playing they don`t come across with a sense of urgency and I am afraid it`s gonna bite them in the ***** come play off time. The Bulls with Mike always brought it every 82 games in and they won it all. They never took nights off never and OKC are doing tyhat, The Knicks now are doing that and the Grizzles and the Spurs. Sooner or later you gonna have to send messages to your competition trying to taike what you have and the Heat are just hope to all the contenders in the league.All this pacing and perserving is BS how did that treat the Lakers in 2011? They got swept out

SwatTeam
12-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Listen if you are going to be the best you have to prove that night in and night out and the way the Heat are playing they don`t come across with a sense of urgency and I am afraid it`s gonna bite them in the ***** come play off time. The Bulls with Mike always brought it every 82 games in and they won it all. They never took nights off never and OKC are doing tyhat, The Knicks now are doing that and the Grizzles and the Spurs. Sooner or later you gonna have to send messages to your competition trying to taike what you have and the Heat are just hope to all the contenders in the league.All this pacing and perserving is BS how did that treat the Lakers in 2011? They got swept out

How did it treat those Lakers in the early 2000's with Shaq? Oh yeah they 3-peated. How about those Rockets? Oh yeah they still won after being the 6th seed the year after they won the ship. You make a good point but history has shown there is more than one way to skin a larry o'brien cat.

Phenomenonsense
12-07-2012, 01:48 PM
a pony . . . with naked supermodels on it - all wrapped neatly with a bow on top. Also, pants. I want some stretchy pants.

Agreed. Stretchy pants are the ****.

mightybosstone
12-07-2012, 01:52 PM

No they don't. They don't have to prove anything in the regular season, because the regular season means jack ****. All they have to do is get a top 2-3 seed and play their best basketball in the playoffs like they did the last two years. New York has beaten them twice, but I'm not even close to ready to calling them the better basketball team.

And if you think that winning in the regular season is that important, tell that to Greg Popovich who regularly rests his starters throughout the season because he knows it doesn't matter whatsoever.

StarvingKnick22
12-07-2012, 01:53 PM
So basically what you think is that the knicks are going to the finals?

naps
12-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Bold prediction: I think Obama will remain as the president next 4 years.

SwatTeam
12-07-2012, 01:57 PM
So basically what you think is that the knicks are going to the finals?

BOLD prediction: the Knicks will at LEAST double their total playoffs wins from a season ago. Book it. Take it to the bank. Fly to Vegas and bet the house on it. Your house. Your Mortgage. Slap a hoe. Go to Jail. Pay the bail. Go to court. Plead no-contest. Serve your community for 100 hours. Use the money you won in Vegas to pay bondsmen. Do it all over again next year.

lol, please
12-07-2012, 02:06 PM

Bolder prediction. Warriors will.

bucketss
12-07-2012, 02:06 PM
dont you guys get tired of doubting miami? if anyone is looking for a good laugh go check out the game 5 celtics vs heat thread i have never seen this site so happy bwhha.

torocan
12-07-2012, 02:17 PM
No they don't. They don't have to prove anything in the regular season, because the regular season means jack ****. All they have to do is get a top 2-3 seed and play their best basketball in the playoffs like they did the last two years. New York has beaten them twice, but I'm not even close to ready to calling them the better basketball team.

And if you think that winning in the regular season is that important, tell that to Greg Popovich who regularly rests his starters throughout the season because he knows it doesn't matter whatsoever.

Sorry, but I don't buy it in this case.

Spurs were coming off a 4 in 5, with a 5-0 record on the road, on a Back to Back, with a game upcoming against the Grizzlies (Conference Rivals). The Grizzlies games was FAR more important because Home Court Advantage was on the line.

Heat were coming off a LOSS to the Wizards, with a day's rest, playing at HOME, against a Conference Rival for Home Court Advantage, with a ONE day rest before playing the HORNETS.

There are only 4 games that the Heat and Knicks play against each other, and guess what, the Knicks now have TWO of them. That means the Heat can NOT get Home Court advantage unless they win BOTH remaining games AND end the season with a better record.

Do you think the Heat WANT to have a deciding game in a series at MSG?

Sorry, the Heat wanted this game. It was a nationally televised game, it was against a conference rival, and it was for Home Court Advantage in THEIR House. If they played their hearts out, they would STILL have a full day's rest to prepare for the Hornets (5-12).

The Heat wanted this game, plain and simple. They didn't bring it and they got run off the court.

Keep thinking regular games against Conference rivals don't matter.

Chronz
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Sorry, but I don't buy it in this case.

Spurs were coming off a 4 in 5, with a 5-0 record on the road, on a Back to Back, with a game upcoming against the Grizzlies (Conference Rivals). The Grizzlies games was FAR more important because Home Court Advantage was on the line.
You have no case then. Pop has rested his starters forever. We arent just talking about on certain nights, we are talking about an entire season of keeping a limit on how much his stars play.

They have regularly sacrificed wins for health, back in the day when the Suns were regularly playing their starting 5 heavy minutes, they wound up with a better record than the Spurs. But the Spurs had the superior SRS, they just didnt win as many games because they didn't prioritize the regular season over the long term picture.

Heat were coming off a LOSS to the Wizards, with a day's rest, playing at HOME, against a Conference Rival for Home Court Advantage, with a ONE day rest before playing the HORNETS.
So?

There are only 4 games that the Heat and Knicks play against each other, and guess what, the Knicks now have TWO of them. That means the Heat can NOT get Home Court advantage unless they win BOTH remaining games AND end the season with a better record.
LMFAO no all they have to do is end up with the better record. More importantly, why would they care? They already know its better to be the better team come playoff time than be the better team right now. HCA means little to a team like Miami. Health and optimizing efficiency at the right moment is all that matters to them. Granted there are some issues they need to work on but lets not get carried away here. Your putting an awful lot of importance on something too minor.

Do you think the Heat WANT to have a deciding game in a series at MSG?
I think the Heat want to sweep the Knicks, whats your point?

Sorry, the Heat wanted this game. It was a nationally televised game, it was against a conference rival, and it was for Home Court Advantage in THEIR House. If they played their hearts out, they would STILL have a full day's rest to prepare for the Hornets (5-12).

The Heat wanted this game, plain and simple. They didn't bring it and they got run off the court.

They will want the victories so much more when the playoffs arrive. Knicks want it more right now, congrats?

Keep thinking regular games against Conference rivals don't matter.

And why shouldnt he? Do you have any sort of quantifiable proof that it does?

torocan
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
LMFAO no all they have to do is end up with the better record.

Sorry, you're right. I meant to type if they are Tied they lose HCA.

As for the better record part, it does count for something. And listening to Lebron, he sure didn't sound like he was happy with how they played.

So you can sugarcoat it all you want, but the Heat wanted this one.

That doesn't mean the Heat aren't still the team to beat... they are the Champions. However, not a lot of teams repeat.

StarvingKnick22
12-07-2012, 02:44 PM
BOLD prediction: the Knicks will at LEAST double their total playoffs wins from a season ago. Book it. Take it to the bank. Fly to Vegas and bet the house on it. Your house. Your Mortgage. Slap a hoe. Go to Jail. Pay the bail. Go to court. Plead no-contest. Serve your community for 100 hours. Use the money you won in Vegas to pay bondsmen. Do it all over again next year.

lol Chicago still hating on NY

Heatcheck
12-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Its already at 20, 3.8, 4.2 on 50%fg and 56% TS and 2.4 TOpg.

Its called a bad stretch, they've all had them..

RLundi
12-11-2012, 10:19 PM
That is bold.

Wrong, but bold.

RocketLoc80
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
That is bold.

Wrong, but bold.

Can they beat NY in a series?

RLundi
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Can they beat NY in a series?

Count me as one who still isn't completely sold on the Knicks. I've seen it for years with the Magic: 3-point shooting is cute and all, but it doesn't work as well in the playoffs.

The Heat will beat the Knicks in the postseason once the games tighten up.

TylerSL
12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Heat will be #4 seed.....

RocketLoc80
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Heat will be #4 seed.....

Wow really?

Il Mago50
12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Boston will beat them come playoff time.

Evolution23
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I agree. My bold prediction is they won't even make the playoffs.

Fnom11
12-12-2012, 03:15 AM
How the hell did the mods let so much stupidity into one thread?

JJ_JKidd
12-12-2012, 04:20 AM

cool story bro! :facepalm:

ATX
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I agree. My bold prediction is they won't even make the playoffs.

Your poor trolling efforts are becoming a joke. At leat be clever or creative. Your efforts are just lame. :facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2012, 11:11 AM
They won't make it!