PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Most Hated Players of All-Time

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 02:26 PM
So, we get a lot of favorite player threads or best player threads, but I thought it would be interesting for everyone to discuss the players they have loved to hate over the years and why. They can be guys you respect but can't stand your franchise to play against. Or it can be guys that you just can't stand because you think they're total jerks.

(And, yes, I'm expecting a lot of Kobe vs. Lebron hate to spawn from this, but I'd like everyone to think about the bigger picture here.)

Blue_Ninja
12-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Starting lineup of the Bad Boy Pistons in the early 90's

Money_23
12-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Michael Jordan. So many people hate him for destroying other franchises during the 90s. Also the hate from both Lebron and Kobe fans.

Kobe Bryant. So many people hate him for his lack of elite statistics compared to other greats when he is constantly praised and being compared to MJ. Rape case, Shaq feud. Also the hate from Lebron fans.

Lebron James. So many people hate him for leaving Cleveland and teaming up with Wade and Bosh as well as coming up short under pressure (pre-2012). Also the hate from Kobe fans.

Dwyane Wade. Flopping and his way of playing the game, mostly from post "The Decision". But especially for the 2006 finals.

Bruce Bowen (personally). Really good defender and well deserved, but a dirty player, if not the dirtiest ever.

My ranking:

1. Kobe
2. Bowen
3. Wade
4. Lebron
5. Vince Carter - underachiever and throwing games.

P.S. I added MJ in the explanation just for sh*ts and giggles. Since some people do hate him for his success. And this doesn't mean I personally hate them (besides Bruce Bowen).

Gram
12-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Kevin Garnett, Ron Artest, Brook Lopez, Kendrick Perkins, Dwight Howard.

Of all time: KG.

Deezy3
12-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Pau Gasol, apparently.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 02:33 PM
To start off, here's my top five:
1. Karl Malone
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Shaquille O'Neal
4. Tim Duncan
5. Dirk Nowitzki
Honorable Mentions: John Stockton, David Robinson, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, Derek Fisher, Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Jason Terry

So my list comes solely from guys who have been Rockets killers over the years. I respect the hell out of these guys, but I have loved to hate them so much that I have fantasized about causing them physical pain. (I'm not proud of it).

To start, the Jazz are the Rockets No. 1 enemy in the West. Stockton and Malone absolutely killed Houston in the 90s and D-Will and Boozer didn't do them any favors in the 2000s. But my hate for Malone goes beyond that. He always played well against the Rockets, but I hate that people speak about him as an All-Time great when he's one of the biggest playoff chokers in NBA history and his postseason numbers are so pitiful compared to his regular season stats. He's the one guy that I not only love to hate, but refuse to respect.

Kobe and Shaq are fairly obvious. Kobe has regularly killed the Rockets with big shots and he's dominated the West for the last decade. I also think he gets too much credit as an All-Time great when his numbers prove otherwise. And I have despised people that consider Shaq a better center than Dream when Hakeem was by far the more talented, skilled and dedicated player. But the Rockets demolition of Shaq in 94 and his personality have made me hate him less over the years.

Duncan and Dirk are two guys I have a ton of respect for, but never fail to hate. Being in Houston, it's impossible to go an NBA season without someone reminding you which Texas teams have won titles in the last decade. Those two guys have killed the Rockets since they showed up in Texas and every time I see Dallas or San Antonio on the schedule, I absolutely dread it.

Gram
12-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Come to think of it mbs, I didn't like Malone at all either.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 02:39 PM
1. Lecoward
2. Bosh
3. Duncan
4. Bowen
5. Wade

Wow. Have you been watching basketball for like five years or something? You really need to get over this Miami hatred. I do like the Bowen pick, though.

WAYNEBO
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Ron Artest, Garnett, Jason Terry.

Jint.
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Rik Smits
Rondo
Bosh
Smush Parker
Bynum

Gram
12-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Rik Smits was awesome lol.

310Casper
12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
The best get hated.

Jordan
Kobe
Lebron
et al...

See a pattern?

310Casper
12-06-2012, 02:46 PM
in the words of the infamous kat williams..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRbDSwZIME

"Jesus was perfect and he only had 12 friends and even one of them was a hater".

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
nothing to get over seeing coward with wade makes sick. You have all the tlaent in the world and join a champion who should be ur rival.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. But if you're serious, you REALLY need to look at the big picture. In the history of the NBA, there have been tons of instances of star players joining up with other star players. Lebron is not the first guy to do this and he won't be the last. Hell, Melo did the exact same thing in New York, but it's like you're completely ignoring that fact so that you can continue your hate of Lebron and the Heat.

Either get over it or you have to criticize EVERY player who does, including your own franchise. But this double standard is getting ridiculous.

Gram
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I dont hate Kobe and jordan are the 2 best ever coward couldnt get it done in cleveland so bailed and hopped on wades team.

Bro if he had signed with the Knicks you'd love him.

ZHawk1123
12-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Greg Ostertag
Joakim Noah
Derek Fisher
Reggie Miller
Doug Christie

310Casper
12-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I dont hate Kobe and jordan are the 2 best ever coward couldnt get it done in cleveland so bailed and hopped on wades team.

Lebron gave cleveland several years to get their act straight.

Kobe and Jordan would've done the same thing he did, its called hunger. You think Jordan would've spent his whole career with a squad that lebron had in cleveland?

please...

Faneik
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Lebron James.

I know that at some point in their careers, some players become obsessed with rings... He should have stayed with the Cavs, I'm pretty sure lots of good players wouldn't mind to go to Cleveland to play with him.

The Decision, the ridiculous dancing (Noah feud) are 2 things that in my eyes make him unlikable.

SACNYY
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Gary Payton
Magic
Doug Christie
Shaq
Hornacek

envymamba24
12-06-2012, 02:56 PM
stephen jackson, blake griffin's fans, matt barnes, gary payton

310Casper
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Manu, although a great player, has always been on my hate list for his extreme flopping. Although he's toned that down a bit the last couple of years.

Sactown
12-06-2012, 02:58 PM
I'd have to go with
Reggie Evans
Robert Horry
Rick Fox
Kareem
The Jet.. Not jason terry..

mightybosstone
Id never love him My hate for him has nothing to do with him not coming to ny or leaving the cavs, IF he joined another star thats a big man i wouldnt have a problem with it if he just joined bosh no problem. He joined wade he is a coward

But why do you refuse to acknowledge that other players do this? I've said this to you about half a dozen times now and you refuse to even respond to my posts. Are you just determined to be in blissful ignorance over this?

310Casper
Ron Artest is hated by everyone universally unless he's on your team.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Greg Ostertag
Joakim Noah
Derek Fisher
Reggie Miller
Doug Christie

Gary Payton
Magic
Doug Christie
Shaq
Hornacek
These are both great lists. I also really, really hated Hornacek and Ostertag in Utah, but I didn't want to bog my list down with Utah players. The Magic pick is an interesting one, but I suppose if I had been around in the 80s when the Showtime Lakers were dominant, I would have hated him too.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Ron Artest is hated by everyone universally unless he's on your team.

I'll buy this. I loved Artest when he was with Houston and hated him everywhere else he played. He's just so physical that you love that edge when he's on your side, but think he's dirty when he's playing against you.

Faneik
12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Lebron - decision
Dwight - stole nickname from shaq. acting like a child
Bynum - arrogance
Artest - on the floor antics
Kobe - fans

MonroeFAN
12-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Kenyon martin - the guy was a complete douche with NJ, and talked mad ish about Detroit

Tyler hansburough - i don't think an explanation is necessary here

Dywane wade - flopping

Peja - that ******** grin

Steve nash/most international players - footfairy

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm a little surprised by the lack of KG selections. I've had just about a million people tell me they hate his guts but haven't seen one person list him as one of their most hated. Personally, I don't have a problem with the guy, but he hasn't ever been a big rival of the Rockets. And I rooted for him and the Celtics both times in the Finals.

b_russ
12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Bryant
MJ
Fisher
Zach Randolph
Pau Gasol

Not disrespecting their own talent (except Fisher) but I can't stand these guys. I tried to limit the Laker selections and remember some of the old guys I hated better. Sorry, mightybosstone, I totally understand your hatred for the Jazz, and I likewise feel the same way about your Rockets, but I have to get a kick out of your picks.

310Casper
12-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Harden is quickly becoming a top 3 "I hate" players. Its like he almost plays to get the foul primarily, then worries about scoring as his 2nd priority. So annoying.

PLAY THE GAME. if you get fouled, you get fouled. but don't make "getting fouled" your #1 move on the court.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Not disrespecting their own talent (except Fisher) but I can't stand these guys. I tried to limit the Laker selections and remember some of the old guys I hated better. Sorry, mightybosstone, I totally understand your hatred for the Jazz, and I likewise feel the same way about your Rockets, but I have to get a kick out of your picks.

I can't help it. Imagine being a 10-12-year-old kid and the very first sporting event you ever cared about was the 94 NBA Finals and the very first professional athlete you idolized was Hakeem Olajuwon. Now pretend that your first two years as a fan, your favorite team won a championship, but every season since they've come up short and most of those seasons were the result of a particular player or franchise. That's my hatred of the Jazz. It's not always rational and it's not always fair, but I just can't help it.

teddygreen17
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Artest, Kobe, Isaiah Thomas, Garnett, Gary Payton

JLynn943
12-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Kobe - I'm a Kings fan. Enough said.
Paul Pierce - Hated him from his early days in Boston when Iverson was still on the 76ers. I've always hated his attitude and think that he got seriously bailed out by getting KG and Allen. Criminally overrated.
KG
Bruce Bowen - Dirtiest player I've ever seen.
Shaq

Honorable Mentions: Chauncey Billups, Reggie Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Robert Horry, Jordan, Paul Westphal (technically a player, even though I hate him for coaching), Dwight, Duncan (mainly for his bug-eyed complaining while yelling and pointing at the floor)

mjm07
12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
nothing to get over seeing coward with wade makes sick. You have all the talent in the world and join a champion who should be ur rival.

Yet Amar'e and Melo join forces and its ok. :rolleyes:

#homer
#balldontlie

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
But why do you refuse to acknowledge that other players do this? I've said this to you about half a dozen times now and you refuse to even respond to my posts. Are you just determined to be in blissful ignorance over this?

name one player that joined a rival in his prime that has already won without them?

ewing
12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Rik Smits
Rondo
Bosh
Smush Parker
Bynum

THE DUTCH BOY IN THE PAINT :confused:

mjm07
12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
KG
Paul Pierce*

/thread

*forgot about him.

ewing
12-06-2012, 03:41 PM
1 Lamibeer
2 Kobe
3 Isiah
4 Rodman
5 Rick Barry

mjm07
12-06-2012, 03:41 PM
name one player that joined a rival in his prime that has already won without them?

When were Wade and 'Bron rivals? A better example would be Melo vs LBJ.

Ebbs
12-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Artest
Dwight
Rondo
Tony Parker
Stephen Jackson

I really don't hate many player.

I stopped hating after my top 3

Sactown
12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
never said he should have stayed he is a coward for joining wade u want to team up with bosh somewhere nothing wrong with that

Interesting that you bash Lebron for joining Wade (Easily considered a worse player, posting worse numbers on a worse team)

When Melo joined forced with Amare (statistically a better player for the 2 seasons previous to Melo joining)

And you call Lebron a coward when he joined forces with a player who was nowhere near as dominant as he was, but you give Melo a pass for arguably joining a superior player at the time... I don't get it.. Seems more a cowardly thing to do when you join a better player, not a worse one.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 03:46 PM

Who cares about whether they joined a rival or not? Also, I would argue that the Heat weren't really that big of a rival to Cleveland after Shaq left. They were getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs every year while the Cavs were going to the ECF. If he had gone to Boston, THAT would have been a much bigger F-U to Cleveland.

But if you want names of superstars who jumped ship in their prime after not winning titles with their first franchises, there's a TON of them... Just in the 2000s, I can think of Shaq, Garnett, Allen, Melo, Dwight, Paul, Kidd and Iverson. I don't see you ripping on any of those players.

And as for the "going to a franchise to win titles" argument goes, why is that a bad thing? Isn't that what star athletes SHOULD do? He could have got more money to stay in Cleveland and not win titles, but he went to a place that gave him the best chance to win rings in the immediate future.

Max Power
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Isiah
John Starks
KG
Laimbeer
Danny Ainge

He115ing
12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Personal list from active players:

Griffin (flopper)
CP3 (see Griffin)
Garnett (crazy)
Westbrook (chucker)
Bosh (sissy, dinosaur)
Bargniani (# one pick my azz)
Varejao (annyoyin hair, flopper)
Perkins (angry all the time for no reason)
Kobe (snobby a-hole, great player though)

That's it for now folks!

hidalgo
12-06-2012, 03:49 PM
1.Kobe

He runs around like he's the greatest of all time, hiding behind 3 Shaq titles, as if people forgot he was 2nd fiddle in those days, & Shaq won the finals mvps easily each time. it couldn't even be debated in the slightest bit, that's how badly Shaq outplayed Bryant in the first 3 finals. dude pads his stats, & is just the biggest douche to ever play the game. nobody else is even worth posting, cause Kobe blows them away in douche bag terms

SACNYY
12-06-2012, 03:50 PM
The Magic pick is an interesting one, but I suppose if I had been around in the 80s when the Showtime Lakers were dominant, I would have hated him too.

I didn't watch him play but I just can't stand him.

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Who cares about whether they joined a rival or not? Also, I would argue that the Heat weren't really that big of a rival to Cleveland after Shaq left. They were getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs every year while the Cavs were going to the ECF. If he had gone to Boston, THAT would have been a much bigger F-U to Cleveland.

But if you want names of superstars who jumped ship in their prime after not winning titles with their first franchises, there's a TON of them... Just in the 2000s, I can think of Shaq, Garnett, Allen, Melo, Dwight, Paul, Kidd and Iverson. I don't see you ripping on any of those players.

And as for the "going to a franchise to win titles" argument goes, why is that a bad thing? Isn't that what star athletes SHOULD do? He could have got more money to stay in Cleveland and not win titles, but he went to a place that gave him the best chance to win rings in the immediate future.

none of them where in their prime and all of them where traded. None of them sniff lebrons talent

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Lol at people comparing amare to wade when amare is not better then bosh.

SACNYY
12-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Why must this turn into a Lebron debate? Another player I didn't like was Samaki Walker.

Testaverde16
12-06-2012, 04:01 PM
kobe... guy gets endless hate, he has his extremist fans, but the hate easily surpasses

I was on his basketballreference page the other day, you know how they have that Elo fan rating thing for all players on the top? Basically the fans vote to determine a list of who they thought was greatest.

Kobe was 272, 2 behind Stephen Jackson… Just went on now and he’s at 265, 2 behind Juwan Howard… I know that thing is stupid, but how does that happen? Honestly, it’s just people refusing to vote for him for no real reason. Even his biggest, most extreme haters have to put him in the top 50.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

Sactown
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Lol at people comparing amare to wade when amare is not better then bosh.

Amare pre Melo, 22.7 per .134 WS/48 and 22.6 Per .181 WS/48 with ORTg of 117, 109
The first season I mentioned was when Melo joined half way through and Amare's numbers dropped off.

Melo posted Pers 21.2 ans 21.7 with WS/48 of .127 and .138... Amare was easily posted better numbers, Hell Amare was an serious MVP candidate his first year in NY until Melo showed up and they went off course...

I wasn't comparing Amare and Bosh, but Amare and Melo lol.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 04:07 PM
none of them where in their prime and all of them where traded.
First off, this is completely wrong. Shaq was clearly still in his prime, as was/is Dwight, Paul and Melo. And guys like Allen, Garnett and Iverson were all at the tail end of their primes, but still statistically in their primes when they swapped franchises.

None of them sniff lebrons talent
Lol. This is a horrible argument, because NOBODY in the league has Lebron's talent with the exception of maybe Durant. You're criticizing the guy because he's too talented now? If he had been as bad as Melo, you'd be okay with it?

Max Power
12-06-2012, 04:07 PM
kobe... guy gets endless hate, he has his extremist fans, but the hate easily surpasses

I was on his basketballreference page the other day, you know how they have that Elo fan rating thing for all players on the top? Basically the fans vote to determine a list of who they thought was greatest.

Kobe was 272, 2 behind Stephen Jackson… Just went on now and he’s at 265, 2 behind Juwan Howard… I know that thing is stupid, but how does that happen? Honestly, it’s just people refusing to vote for him for no real reason. Even his biggest, most extreme haters have to put him in the top 50.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

Those ratings are a joke and they fluctuate big time. I don't know why a reputable site would even want to use them.

Kashmir13579
12-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't hate Lebron. He seems like a good guy. I probably would've hated Jordan. I do hate Kobe. I also hate KG.

Avenged
12-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Perkins, Terry, Raja Bell come to mind.

Stephen Jackson a notch below them.

C_Mund
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Karl Malone
Rick Barry
Bill Lambieer
Wilt Chaimberlan
Bruce Bowen

Honorable mentions: Pistol Pete, Vince, Rodman, McHale, Kermit Washington, Isiah Thomas, Rik Smits, Garnett.... I dunno. Too many to name

DreamShaker
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Lambier/Mahorn/Rodman
Gary Payton
Karl Malone
Kobe
Doug Christie

Noah, Boozer, Rondo, KG, and Gasol get a great deal of hate now.

Najera, Marbury, Pippen, and most of the 90s Sonics and Jazz personally annoyed me.

Iverson has always been extremely polarizing.

A bunch of my black friends said everyone HATED the Celtics in the 80s. Spike Lee kinda touched on that in Do the Right Thing.

TheLegend
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
some of you guys most hated sells the most jerseys and shoes so obviously they are not the most hated by the masses.

The real most hated players are guys like:

1. Bill Laimbeer
2. Dennis Rodman
3. Anthony Mason
4. Charles Oakley
5. Bruce Bowen

You can't be the most hated if you making millions on top of millions in outside endorsements.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 04:33 PM
1. Lecoward
2. Bosh
3. Duncan
4. Bowen
5. Wade

Didn't you claim you were over 30 years old at one point, and I told you I didn't believe you? Yeah, I still don't.

ewing
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Karl Malone
Rick Barry
Bill Lambieer
Wilt Chaimberlan
Bruce Bowen

Honorable mentions: Pistol Pete, Vince, Rodman, McHale, Kermit Washington, Isiah Thomas, Rik Smits, Garnett.... I dunno. Too many to name

I don't remember anyone hating the dunking dutchman. Whats the deal with Rik Smit hate?

NYJ - NYY
12-06-2012, 04:35 PM
perkins kg haslem rondo (but respect his skills) and the FLOPS (nets)

C_Mund
12-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't remember anyone hating the dunking dutchman. Whats the deal with Rik Smit hate?

For some reason I just remember thinking he was somewhat of a goon and and some of my friends agreeing with me. I've never really taken much of a poll. Maybe he doesn't deserve to be up there with the rest of those chuds but I just remember wanting him to fail miserably.

NickyNick
12-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Rondo!!! just classless!!! ughhh

DreamShaker
12-06-2012, 04:38 PM

My only guess is people hated the Pacers? But Miller was the guy most people disliked.

ewing
12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
For some reason I just remember thinking he was somewhat of a goon and and some of my friends agreeing with me. I've never really taken much of a poll. Maybe he doesn't deserve to be up there with the rest of those chuds but I just remember wanting him to fail miserably.

He wasn't a goon he had golden curls and a feathery touch

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 04:40 PM
For me, its a combo of things. In my teens and twenties, I loathed the Spurs, because they simply crushed my Wolves, many times in front of me, and the whole Duncan/KG thing was something I was onboard with. You know, KG is as good, just never had the help. I have cooled on that, but old habits die hard. Then the Lakers hatred took over in the early 2000's. And then there are the oldies...the ones who not only killed my NBA team, or played for one that did, but also killed my Hawkeyes (when they were good).

1. Sean Elliot (saw this ****er hit 7 bombs against Iowa in the east regionals, and he is a Spur).

2. Bill Laimbeer (he made love to Jordan every time they played. In a violent way).

3. Kobe Bryant (do I really need to state why? Arrogant, throws teammates under the bus, and just seems like a big, fat a-hole).

4. David Robinson (I saw his Steven Seagal his way to probably 5000 points against my Wolves in the early 90's).

5. Doug Christie (balls in his wife's purse, points to the sky everytime he does anything positive, and a dirty player that just annoyed the ever living **** out of me against the Wolves).

sep11ie
KG
Karl Malone
Kobe
LeBron
Shaq

DreamShaker
some of you guys most hated sells the most jerseys and shoes so obviously they are not the most hated by the masses.

The real most hated players are guys like:

1. Bill Laimbeer
2. Dennis Rodman
3. Anthony Mason
4. Charles Oakley
5. Bruce Bowen

You can't be the most hated if you making millions on top of millions in outside endorsements.

Good point. But also, the less hardcore fans pick superstars to hate more often. So they can be both loved and hated worldwide.

C_Mund
....I'm still learning about his persona, but for a while Bill Walton was hated. Not game-wise obviously, but just because he was such a hippy in the post-war era. I think a lot of people considered him a poof.

C_Mund
12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
He wasn't a goon he had golden curls and feathery touch

Haha, cool brother, I'll concede. I can't argue with that.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Perkins, Terry, Raja Bell come to mind.

Stephen Jackson a notch below them.

He is up there for me as well. Same with Jason Terry.

DreamShaker
12-06-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm surprised Marbury is not on here more. He alienated every team he played for and was a dbag. Every time he spoke I wanted to punch him.

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm surprised Marbury is not on here more. He alienated every team he played for and was a dbag. Every time he spoke I wanted to punch him.

Marbury is a good dude did alot of my community

sammyvine
12-06-2012, 04:54 PM
For me, its a combo of things. In my teens and twenties, I loathed the Spurs, because they simply crushed my Wolves, many times in front of me, and the whole Duncan/KG thing was something I was onboard with. You know, KG is as good, just never had the help. I have cooled on that, but old habits die hard. Then the Lakers hatred took over in the early 2000's. And then there are the oldies...the ones who not only killed my NBA team, or played for one that did, but also killed my Hawkeyes (when they were good).

1. Sean Elliot (saw this ****er hit 7 bombs against Iowa in the east regionals, and he is a Spur).

2. Bill Laimbeer (he made love to Jordan every time they played. In a violent way).

3. Kobe Bryant (do I really need to state why? Arrogant, throws teammates under the bus, and just seems like a big, fat a-hole).

4. David Robinson (I saw his Steven Seagal his way to probably 5000 points against my Wolves in the early 90's).

5. Doug Christie (balls in his wife's purse, points to the sky everytime he does anything positive, and a dirty player that just annoyed the ever living **** out of me against the Wolves).

You always mention that about Kobe and Co but most great players are arrogant

MJ was, Lebron is, Kareem was....

I don't see why you should hate a player for that.

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 04:54 PM
wow melo hasnt made any lists im shocked he doesn trub more peopel the wrong way more when drops 30 with a smile

C_Mund
12-06-2012, 04:57 PM

Good call. Makes me think of Steve Francis too. If Canadians' opinion counted for beans he'd be way up on this list

DreamShaker
12-06-2012, 05:02 PM

He might be. I don't know any of these guys personally, and only know a few personal stories about them. But he is widely hated for a number of reasons.

C_Mund
12-06-2012, 05:04 PM
wow melo hasnt made any lists im shocked he doesn trub more peopel the wrong way more when drops 30 with a smile

There's a difference between not being liked and being hated. Melo's never really done much that a handful of stars haven't in the past few years. At least when he made it clear he wasn't going to be back with Denver he kept playing and didn't ***** out. More than I can say for Bosh.

DreamShaker
12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Good call. Makes me think of Steve Francis too. If Canadians' opinion counted for beans he'd be way up on this list

I think the Houston area is biased towards Stevie, but I totally see why Canada, and others, hate him.

ewing
12-06-2012, 05:07 PM

He did a lot of your community. hahhahaha. your community must have a lot of dirty hos

SACNYY
12-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Blake Griffin (worst in the current NBA)
Isiah Ryder
Grant Hill
Mario Elie
Rubin Patterson

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 05:11 PM

I don't see why you should hate a player for that.

its in the package with Kobe. I don't care to elaborate further, but I can't stand nearly every part of his personality.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 05:12 PM

Because he isn't a thug (we saw the one time he tried to be tough..), and really doesn't scare anyone. He has never put a dagger through someone in a deep playoff run, and on top of that, seems like a decent guy, so why would anyone not like him per say?

ewing
12-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Blake Griffin (worst in the current NBA)
Isiah Ryder
Grant Hill
Mario Elie
Rubin Patterson

JR Rider was a highlight reel.

ewing
12-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf doesn't make anyone's list?

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 05:14 PM

never heard of him, but I hate Chris Jackson

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM

lol i remember when he wouldnt stand up for the anthem

hidalgo
12-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf doesn't make anyone's list?yea, he was anti-american. that was ridiculous when he always turned his back & covered his face for the national anthem.

Bishnoff
12-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Bowen
Sasha Vujacic
Noah
Delonte West
Aaron Brooks
KG

hidalgo
12-06-2012, 05:28 PM

I don't see why you should hate a player for that.the difference is personality. MJ is just naturally likable, & naturally cool. it just comes natural to him(he might have his a-hole moments but he's super likable & natually cool) Kobe is naturally a spoiled brat unlikable douche bag kinda personality. awkward vibes from him. i dunno he just makes my skin crawl, & alot of other people feel the same way

Money_23
12-06-2012, 05:30 PM
the difference is personality. MJ is just naturally likable, & naturally cool. it just comes natural to him(he might have his a-hole moments but he's super likable & natually cool) Kobe is naturally a spoiled brat unlikable douche bag kinda personality. awkward vibes from him. i dunno he just makes my skin crawl, & alot of other people feel the same way

that's the sign of a crush.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 05:30 PM
the difference is personality. MJ is just naturally likable, & naturally cool. it just comes natural to him(he might have his a-hole moments but he's super likable & natually cool) Kobe is naturally a spoiled brat unlikable douche bag kinda personality. awkward vibes from him. i dunno he just makes my skin crawl, & alot of other people feel the same way

exactly. I just get a bad vibe from him. Same from I. Thomas. They just seem like vindictive, spoiled litter a-holes who would run you over with a bus if you bothered them.

ewing
12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
never heard of him, but I hate Chris Jackson

I loved that kid as LSU. Remember when he dropped 50 on tennesse

Mitch Kramer
12-06-2012, 05:35 PM

Dude i love MJ, but super likable and naturally cool would not be way MJ's teammates describe him. The exact opposite, in fact. He was a psycho, ultra competitive a-hole, who would rip your throat out if you did something he didnt like. That edge that M Jeff had played a huge part in why he is the greatest ever. While i think Kobe has a similar edge, he'll never be considered on par or better than Mike.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Dude i love MJ, but super likable and naturally cool would not be way MJ's teammates describe him. The exact opposite, in fact. He was a psycho, ultra competitive a-hole, who would rip your throat out if you did something he didnt like. That edge that M Jeff had played a huge part in why he is the greatest ever. While i think Kobe has a similar edge, he'll never be considered on par or better than Mike.

no doubt some, if not all of it, has to do with the media, and the availability of information now. Jordan could do something, and it wasn't heard of until years later. We know when Kobe just took his last dump if we want.

tapajafri
12-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Michael Jordan. So many people hate him for destroying other franchises during the 90s. Also the hate from both Lebron and Kobe fans.

Kobe Bryant. So many people hate him for his lack of elite statistics compared to other greats when he is constantly praised and being compared to MJ. Rape case, Shaq feud. Also the hate from Lebron fans.

Lebron James. So many people hate him for leaving Cleveland and teaming up with Wade and Bosh as well as coming up short under pressure (pre-2012). Also the hate from Kobe fans.

Dwyane Wade. Flopping and his way of playing the game, mostly from post "The Decision". But especially for the 2006 finals.

Bruce Bowen (personally). Really good defender and well deserved, but a dirty player, if not the dirtiest ever.

My ranking:

1. Kobe
2. Bowen
3. Wade
4. Lebron
5. Vince Carter - underachiever and throwing games.

P.S. I added MJ in the explanation just for sh*ts and giggles. Since some people do hate him for his success. And this doesn't mean I personally hate them (besides Bruce Bowen).

that's basically 80% of the fans that hate him. And the real reason they hate him is because they can't accept the fact that he's better than bryant and will end up being better than bryant when both of their careers are over.

ewing
12-06-2012, 05:38 PM

All marketing man. I'm sure most people who got close enough to Micheal hated him. The dude made the NBA hire his buddy Amad and then would only do interviews with him. When Kobe was the next Jordan and not a rapist he was portrayed in a much more positive light

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 05:40 PM
1 lecoward
2 leclown
3 lefraud
4. lehairline
5. leidontwantitwithmelo lmao
I will no longer be responding to any more of your statements about Lebron. It's pretty clear to me (and everyone else) that you're either trolling or so incredibly biased that you refuse to be reasonable about him. Your posts are so bad that they're actually beginning to ruin every legitimately interesting thread in the general NBA forum and I would urge mods to delete your posts.

SACNYY
12-06-2012, 05:41 PM
1 lecoward
2 leclown
3 lefraud
4. lehairline
5. leidontwantitwithmelo lmao

leaintnojordan
leneverbkobe

Mitch Kramer
12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
no doubt some, if not all of it, has to do with the media, and the availability of information now. Jordan could do something, and it wasn't heard of until years later. We know when Kobe just took his last dump if we want.

Yea, very good point.

Captain Moroni
12-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Bill laimbeer.
Eddy curry
Dennis Rodman
Lebron James
Reggie miller

Teufelshunde4
12-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Id love for todays young fans to experience some Bill Laimbeer..
You talk about a dirty player...

Still crack up when i see video of 1990 East Finals where Chicago Stadium every fan was screaming "Laimbeer sucks" everytime he touched the ball.

SACNYY
12-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Still crack up when i see video of 1990 East Finals where Chicago Stadium every fan was screaming "Laimbeer sucks" everytime he touched the ball.

That was real basketball. Now players get barely touched and they cry foul. I'd like to see Lebron try and do his scream after he dunks in the 80's-90's.

sammyvine
12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
its in the package with Kobe. I don't care to elaborate further, but I can't stand nearly every part of his personality.
Eh...but its the same with guys like Jordan and Lebron. How are they any different from Bryant. Lebron is cocky and Jordan was as well.
Lebron called himself a King before he ever won a ring!

Fair enough about his personality but you really mean his public persona.

You can't say what he's like since you never met him. Who knows what he is like when the doors are shut?

Mitch Kramer
12-06-2012, 06:17 PM

:laugh: I HATED laimbeer when i was a kid. Just hated the guy. I was a little young to even appreciate why i hated him, but all i knew is that i hated him and his stupid ****ing mask.

Mitch Kramer
12-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Eh...but its the same with guys like Jordan and Lebron. How are they any different from Bryant. Lebron is cocky and Jordan was as well.

You can't say what he's like since you never met him. Who knows what he is like when the doors are shut?

Are you kidding me? Jordan and Lebron's personalities couldnt be more different. If a team beat Jordan, he would come back 10 times harder to destroy them. Lebron calls his buddies and creates party time down in Miami. Complete and utter polar opposites.

Funny thing is, Jordan and Kobe are much more alike than hildalgo would like to admit. Both are psycho-competitive, have that edge where they'll rip your throat out to win, and would never join up with other stars while admitting they cant beat them.

Mitch Kramer
12-06-2012, 06:21 PM
That was real basketball. Now players get barely touched and they cry foul. I'd like to see Lebron try and do his scream after he dunks in the 80's-90's.

This. Jordan would average 40 in todays game in his prime.

jericho
12-06-2012, 06:28 PM
i hate a few players mostly heat bulls pacers players + kobe but thats more rivalry thing

bowen he was just dirty as hell big shot rob for not doing anything the hole game and out of nowhere drains a dagger on most of my fav teams

now to the lebron part i dont hate him for leaving cleveland cuz the gm sucked and wasnt able to build a good team around him they were ok but not good i hate him for the way that he left that team idc how many times he appologizes for it

Steelers23_06
12-06-2012, 06:43 PM
This. Jordan would average 40 in todays game in his prime.

i take it you never heard of "jordan rules" superstars get calls...its the nba get over it

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 07:39 PM

Simply put, this is an opinion thread. Kobe didn't steal my dog, so I have no real reason to hate him. I just do. I don't like anything about him, outside his basketball ability. Nobody will change my mind on that, just like it will be LeBron that would change my mind on him. I don't see the same bad person in LeBron as I do in Kobe. My opinion, and you, and anyone else, can have theirs.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Are you kidding me? Jordan and Lebron's personalities couldnt be more different. If a team beat Jordan, he would come back 10 times harder to destroy them. Lebron calls his buddies and creates party time down in Miami. Complete and utter polar opposites.

Funny thing is, Jordan and Kobe are much more alike than hildalgo would like to admit. Both are psycho-competitive, have that edge where they'll rip your throat out to win, and would never join up with other stars while admitting they cant beat them.

I think this is hilarious. Jordan, by year 7, had Phil, Pippen, Grant, and role players out the ***. Why would he leave? He was then continually provided championship help the remainder of his Bulls career. LeBron, in year 7, was provided Varejao, Mo, and a bunch of over the hill, or crappy role players, along with Mike Brown. Why would he stay?

Getting sick of that crap. People act like loyalty means something in the NBA. Pretty damn easy to be loyal when you are given help as a young player to win a chip.

sammyvine
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Simply put, this is an opinion thread. Kobe didn't steal my dog, so I have no real reason to hate him. I just do. I don't like anything about him, outside his basketball ability. Nobody will change my mind on that, just like it will be LeBron that would change my mind on him. I don't see the same bad person in LeBron as I do in Kobe. My opinion, and you, and anyone else, can have theirs.

I never said you couldnt have an opinion. I just asked you to explain thats all:confused:

It also didn't make sense which is why i wanted to ask you to explain. You say you don't like his arrogant personality, but Lebron is exactly same (nothing wrong with being like that for example). Also i didnt say you should like him either...i mean who cares what internet posters think of athletes?

No need to get angry. jheez.

sammyvine
12-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I think this is hilarious. Jordan, by year 7, had Phil, Pippen, Grant, and role players out the ***. Why would he leave? He was then continually provided championship help the remainder of his Bulls career. LeBron, in year 7, was provided Varejao, Mo, and a bunch of over the hill, or crappy role players, along with Mike Brown. Why would he stay?

Getting sick of that crap. People act like loyalty means something in the NBA. Pretty damn easy to be loyal when you are given help as a young player to win a chip.

He could have left earlier i think is what he meant.

Also was Pippen even an all star before he went to the Bulls?

Also i have no problem with Lebron leaving the Cavs before you call me a Lebron hater.

jericho
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM

i hate lebron so i cant believe im doing this anyways i do agree with this fans want players to be loyal but then want to trade the players when they start doing bad where is the loyalty in that

franchises trade players all the time im gonna use my knicks as an example with patrick they had a player that was loyal to that team his whole career and then they traded him for vin baker

there is no loyalty in profesional sports only in rare circumstances with classy franchises like pacers and spurs and i hate them 2 lol

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM
I never said you couldnt have an opinion. I just asked you to explain thats all:confused:

It also didn't make sense which is why i wanted to ask you to explain. You say you don't like his arrogant personality, but Lebron is exactly same (nothing wrong with being like that for example). Also i didnt say you should like him either...i mean who cares what internet posters think of athletes?

No need to get angry. jheez.

Kobe throws his teammates under the bus. He acts like a complete jerk to his teammates, and acts like a complete baby when he starts losing, or for 2 seasons, doesn't have championship help. Boo hoo. His fans have escalated my annoyance with him.

Dude, I wasn't angry haha, sorry if I gave you that impression. Its just a game. LeBron actually seems like a good person. I cannot say the same for Kobe. Imagine being followed around by age 14, and told you are the Chosen One. You don't think you wouldn't have let some of it go to your head? I was indifferent to LeBron, until around 4 years ago, when media and fans just shat on him. The decision surprised me, and I know he was trying to do good with the Boys and Girls club, but it blew up in his face. Have you not noticed a monumental change since? He isn't dancing around. He isn't showboating. The man has been humbled, and acts like it. The same can't be said for Kobe. He is an unchangeable person, who honestly just appears to be a prick. I don't like the vibe he gives off, and never liked him since the moment he had the audacity to wave off Malone in the all star game as a young punk, trying to showboat.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 07:56 PM
i hate lebron so i cant believe im doing this anyways i do agree with this fans want players to be loyal but then want to trade the players when they start doing bad where is the loyalty in that

franchises trade players all the time im gonna use my knicks as an example with patrick they had a player that was loyal to that team his whole career and then they traded him for vin baker

there is no loyalty in profesional sports only in rare circumstances with classy franchises like pacers and spurs and i hate them 2 lol

Pacers?

Spurs.....duh. Why would Duncan, Manu, or Parker leave, when they have maybe the greatest coach of all time, but easily the best GM in the last 2 decades?

Again, loyalty is a misused word in sports.

amos1er
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Kobe is easily the most hated player of all time...or hated on should I say. Some of the crap I have read on here is just laughable.

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 07:59 PM
He could have left earlier i think is what he meant.

Also was Pippen even an all star before he went to the Bulls?

Also i have no problem with Lebron leaving the Cavs before you call me a Lebron hater.

nah, you weren't the one that wrote the post I replied to, all good.

Back then, free agents, stars, didn't move around like they do now anyways. The money wasn't insane yet. No, Pippen was not, but he exploded that year. Its not important what they were, its important on what they became. If in year 7, his last contractually obligated year with Cleveland, had the FO supplied him with a player who would be a legit all star with a dominant skill set, and what we know now as arguably a top 2-3 coach ever, and LeBron had role players everywhere, and won, do you think he might have stayed in Cleveland, knowing his front office was finally capable of getting it right?

Hawkeye15
12-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Kobe is easily the most hated player of all time...or hated on should I say. Some of the crap I have read on here is just laughable.

not.even.close.

LeBron is exponentially more hated. And there isn't even a comparison to it. Thats what happens when you win chips as a kid, you get a pass to be a douche forever.

sammyvine
12-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Kobe throws his teammates under the bus. He acts like a complete jerk to his teammates, and acts like a complete baby when he starts losing, or for 2 seasons, doesn't have championship help. Boo hoo. His fans have escalated my annoyance with him.

Dude, I wasn't angry haha, sorry if I gave you that impression. Its just a game. LeBron actually seems like a good person. I cannot say the same for Kobe. Imagine being followed around by age 14, and told you are the Chosen One. You don't think you wouldn't have let some of it go to your head? I was indifferent to LeBron, until around 4 years ago, when media and fans just shat on him. The decision surprised me, and I know he was trying to do good with the Boys and Girls club, but it blew up in his face. Have you not noticed a monumental change since? He isn't dancing around. He isn't showboating. The man has been humbled, and acts like it. The same can't be said for Kobe. He is an unchangeable person, who honestly just appears to be a prick. I don't like the vibe he gives off, and never liked him since the moment he had the audacity to wave off Malone in the all star game as a young punk, trying to showboat.

No problem. It's all good.

You stated your reasons. Personally, i don't mind Lebron. I will say he brought on a lot of the hate himself though even though it did go a bit far. If he left the Cavs the way Garnett left the Timblewolves, he would never have gotten those haters. I didn't like the way he went on TV to basically s**t on all those loyal fans that supported during the 7 years there. They treated him like a King in Cleveland (deservedly so considering how good he was/is). In one way it would have been so great to see him win a championship there, almost like when Jordan won for the Bulls (the bulls were a nothing franchise prior to him being drafted) but i guess it just wasn't to be.

I think a lot of the way Lebron acts stems from his childhood. Like you said he was told from a young age basically he could be better than Jordan and he didn't have the greatest up-bringing. If for example Lebron has Grant Hill's personality, he would be the most loved athlete of all time.

Also i think you are being too harsh on Kobe. He is not as bad as you make him sound. He is cocky, and he has done some questionable things but i guess that is why is the superstar he is today.

sammyvine
12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
not.even.close.

LeBron is exponentially more hated. And there isn't even a comparison to it. Thats what happens when you win chips as a kid, you get a pass to be a douche forever.

No he isn't.

He wasn't hated till the decision which was his own fault. Everybody loved him before that maybe excluding kobe fans and a few others.

sammyvine
12-06-2012, 08:05 PM
nah, you weren't the one that wrote the post I replied to, all good.

Back then, free agents, stars, didn't move around like they do now anyways. The money wasn't insane yet. No, Pippen was not, but he exploded that year. Its not important what they were, its important on what they became. If in year 7, his last contractually obligated year with Cleveland, had the FO supplied him with a player who would be a legit all star with a dominant skill set, and what we know now as arguably a top 2-3 coach ever, and LeBron had role players everywhere, and won, do you think he might have stayed in Cleveland, knowing his front office was finally capable of getting it right?

Jordan had the rub off factor with Pippen though, which is why Jordan was so great/

Pippen would have been a great player if he never played with Jordan but i am not sure if he would have been a top 50 of all time like he is today.

jericho
Pacers?

Spurs.....duh. Why would Duncan, Manu, or Parker leave, when they have maybe the greatest coach of all time, but easily the best GM in the last 2 decades?

Again, loyalty is a misused word in sports.

that i agree with you on :)

Hawkeye15
No he isn't.

He wasn't hated till the decision which was his own fault. Everybody loved him before that maybe excluding kobe fans and a few others.

disagree. And even if you are right, the hatred and criticism he got after leaving Cleveland I have never seen in pro sports.

Snakeyestx
12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Man.... some of you guys are way too modern (and I'm only in my 30's and I can roll off this list of villains!)...

1. Bill Laimbeer
2. Gary Payton
3. John Starks
4. Kyle Korver
5. Kermit Washington (the ultimate Villain!)

Seems like most replies are people who'd love the player on their roster, but hate their game when they're against your team.

noodle
12-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron
Kobe
Reggie
Jordan
Lebron
Wade
Shaquille
Pippen
And Brad Daugherty, just ****ing because!

ackar
12-06-2012, 08:22 PM
This thread is mainly i hate the top tier players currently and players that are all time greats. With some exceptions of course. Here is four you can hate for all eternity and still be righteous.

1. Bill Lambieer
2. Xavier McDaniels
3. Isaiah Thomas
4. Rick Mahorn

VinceCarter
12-06-2012, 11:02 PM
1. Blake Griffin - Flops A LOT and whines after calls against that aren't even that arguable
2. Kevin Garnett - Tapping Channing Frye in the nuts...plays dirty and talks even dirtier (tee hee)
3. Rajon Rondo - After that "fight" it showed how much of a punk he really is. And don't say he was standing up for KG...it wasn't even a hard foul.

Honorable Mention: Dwight Howard's way of thinking

JPS
12-06-2012, 11:23 PM
1 Larry Bird
2 Danny Ainge
3 Bill Lambier
4 Kevin McHale
5 Allen Iverson

Longhornfan1234
12-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Wade and MJ. it's not even close. I hate them so much.

Wade is one of the most dirtiest players of all-time and his game centered around a whistle.

MJ is the most cocky and arrogant of any player. He act childishly at times.. like at the 92 olympics when a company other than his blessed nike was the sponsor of the teams apparel, he and scottie had to find a way to cover up the other logo at the medal ceremony and draped a flag over themselves to keep from being seen by millions with something other than nike on receiving a medal.. He also punched out steve kerr at a bulls practice because he thought phil jackson was giving kerr's team all the calls..and he needs to be criticized for his sneaker line that markets to underpriviledged kids and young adults when the shoes cost over 150 dollars for a pair of shoes which is not ethical. Also... I hate how he cried about possibly Isiah being on the Olympic team.

LakersMaster24
12-06-2012, 11:47 PM
1. Blake Griffin (love his work off the court though.)
2. Russell Westbrook
3. James Harden
4. Paul Pierce
5. Dwyane Wade

ewing
12-07-2012, 12:15 AM
1 Larry Bird
2 Danny Ainge
3 Bill Lambier
4 Kevin McHale
5 Allen Iverson

Are you a Cletics or a Laker fan?

ewing
12-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Wade and MJ. it's not even close. I hate them so much.

Wade is one of the most dirtiest players of all-time and his game centered around a whistle.

MJ is the most cocky and arrogant of any player. He act childishly at times.. like at the 92 olympics when a company other than his blessed nike was the sponsor of the teams apparel, he and scottie had to find a way to cover up the other logo at the medal ceremony and draped a flag over themselves to keep from being seen by millions with something other than nike on receiving a medal.. He also punched out steve kerr at a bulls practice because he thought phil jackson was giving kerr's team all the calls..and he needs to be criticized for his sneaker line that markets to underpriviledged kids and young adults when the shoes cost over 150 dollars for a pair of shoes which is not ethical. Also... I hate how he cried about possibly Isiah being on the Olympic team.

When Wade blew up he was my least favorite superstar. I dont think he is dirty but his game definitively revolved around drawing fouls on out of control drives that weren't ever going to lead to made baskets for a time

madvillian9
12-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Isiah Thomas
Anthony Mason
John Starks
Brian Russel
Detlef Schrempf
Bill Laimbier
Mark Price
Gerald Wilkens
Shot on Ehlo
Vlade Divas
Kevin Duckworth
Danny Ainge
Jerome Kersey
Dan Majerle
Kevin Johnson
Frank Brickowski
Gary Payton
Derek Harper
Charles Smith
Dennis Scott
Rex Chapman
Dikembe Mutumbo
Christian Laettner
Greg Foster
Karl Malone
Gherorghe Muresan
Derrick McKey
Antonio Davis
Dale Davis
Rik Smits
Fred Hoiberg
Yinka Dare

mrblisterdundee
12-07-2012, 02:12 AM
1. Rick Fox
2. Robert Horry
3. Ron Artest
4. Dwight Howard
5. Stephon Marbury

DumDum
12-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Garnett, rondo ,kobe, perkins,

cg_la00
12-07-2012, 02:54 AM
1. latrell sprewell - his spinner shoes always broke on me :cry:
2. mark madsen - his dance moves are TOO good
3. kenneth faried - his nickname "manimal" sounds too much like the yogurt brand "danimal." danimals are good, manimal is not.
4. doug christie - allows his wife to beat up poor old rick fox :(
5. raja bell - a clothesline is for hanging clothes, not taking off kobes head :pity:

Mr_Jones
12-07-2012, 03:09 AM
in the words of the infamous kat williams..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRbDSwZIME

"Jesus was perfect and he only had 12 friends and even one of them was a hater".

His career is over.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ThunderousDemon
12-07-2012, 03:31 AM
His career is over.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL, the idiot sucker punched a Target employee. :laugh2:

Here's the video if anybody wants to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7DQ1cfBnpM

Mr_Jones
12-07-2012, 03:59 AM

He's been spiraling downward these past couple weeks. CRAZAYYY

amos1er
12-07-2012, 06:44 AM
not.even.close.

Lebron is loved by the masses. Thats why David Stern gave him all the calls in the playoffs last year. If Kobe ever got that kind of superstar treatment, he would have 10 rings by now.

Come on...people called Lebron the king for many years of him not winning ****. Kobe gets crapped on when he takes over 20 shots in a game. If Lebron takes over 20 shots he is called a genius, yet Kobe is called a ballhog for the same thing. If Lebron scored 81 on as many fg attempts as Kobe took during his 81 point game performance, Nike would build a statute for him on Mount Rushmore.

That is the straight truth bro...deal with it.

DitchDat
12-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Quentin Richardson
Bruce Bowen
Kris Humphries
Rondo
LeBron

Bruno
12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
1. Karl Malone
2. Kenyon Martin
3. Doug Christie
4. Raja Bell
5. DeMarcus Cousins

Sactown
12-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Lebron is loved by the masses. Thats why David Stern gave him all the calls in the playoffs last year. If Kobe ever got that kind of superstar treatment, he would have 10 rings by now.

Come on...people called Lebron the king for many years of him not winning ****. Kobe gets crapped on when he takes over 20 shots in a game. If Lebron takes over 20 shots he is called a genius, yet Kobe is called a ballhog for the same thing. If Lebron scored 81 on as many fg attempts as Kobe took during his 81 point game performance, Nike would build a statute for him on Mount Rushmore.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the Kings and Lakers in the WCF if you don't believe the Lakers don't get calls.

ewing
12-07-2012, 08:08 AM

What a puss

JPS
12-07-2012, 09:06 AM
1 Larry Bird
2 Danny Ainge
3 Bill Lambier
4 Kevin McHale
5 Allen Iverson

Are you a Cletics or a Laker fan?

Sixers

Holydiver
12-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Laimbeer tops the list for me

mightybosstone
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Your posts are like old people having sex. They're sloppy and nobody wants to see them.

Kashmir13579
12-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Didn't you claim you were over 30 years old at one point, and I told you I didn't believe you? Yeah, I still don't.

he has the miami heat big 3 in his top 5 most hated... :laugh2:

He's probably younger than i am.

milominderbinde
12-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Laimbeer was horrible. Also Ainge, Rodman, Bowen, and Mourning.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-07-2012, 11:49 AM

:clap:

When he was a sophomore, a local newspaper dubbed him King James

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/sportsman/12/02/lebron-james-2012-sportsman/index.html

His first time was as a high school junior in February 2002, when the magazine famously dubbed him "The Chosen One" and touted how he would have been an NBA lottery pick even then.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8705003/lebron-james-chosen-si-sportsman-year

lol exposed.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2012, 11:50 AM

its your truth, not the real one. I have never seen an athlete as scrutinized and hated by general fans. Never.

Dude, you are turning into the biggest Kobephile on this site. Easily. You even make up **** now to discredit LeBron.

HowFit
12-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Lebron - decision
Dwight - stole nickname from shaq. acting like a child
Bynum - arrogance
Artest - on the floor antics
Kobe - fans

This pretty much sums it up...

bagwell368
12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
There are guys you hate, but might love if they played for your team and then guys that you hate off the court. I'm going to list my all time hated the ****er forever list by position:

C: Laimbeer (loved when Parish smacked him and Laimbeer just stood there)
F: Karl Malone
F: Charles Oakley
G: Bowen (liked him when he was on Boston...)
G: Mark Jackson

Back-up team:

C: Mutombo
F: Rick Mahorn
F: Metta (Phil Jackson honorable mention)
G: Jerry Sloan
G: Reggie Miller

3RDASYSTEM
12-07-2012, 03:55 PM

Stop living in denial

it went in cycles....LA/SHAQ/KOBE got all the calls during that 4 out of 5Finals run....did you not see KOBE basically shatter BIBBY's face and it was a noncall in that KINGS series? in todays game it would have been damn near a 1game suspension and automatic eject

then did you not see PHILJAX last 3peat run with LA and they got pretty much all the calls, especially in playoffs or did they not?

now BRON gets the calls because its what the league does,im sure it worked that way since beginning of time,not because of playoffs last yr, and plus he was 'hated' by the masses since he made the move to MIA,he just received some respect/love back since he won it all, but preMIA he was more on positive side than negative

KOBE was called a ballhog for his wannabe JORDAN actions
even JORDAN was called at one point..a 'ballhog'...see the copycat from your boy at basically every angle?

just go look at the w-l record of KOBE without DIESEL and post it when he shoots like 25fga+ per game, i bet its nowhere near over 500., but i could be wrong,im going off of instinct and also that BRON/AI type stretch he had from 05-07 where he did nothing 'winning' wise but he did add 2scoring titles to go along with i want to say a 7th&8th seed and 1 nonplayoff season and that YOUTUBE parkinglot trade movie.....that 3yr stretch reminds me of his first 3yrs in the league and so on

LongWayFromHome
12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Larry Hughes.

If you don't hate him the most you never knew about him

noodle
12-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Tim hardaway and pj brown...couple of nineties dicks!

--23--
12-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Reggie Miller
John Salley
Lambier
Bowen

evadatam5150
12-07-2012, 08:37 PM
So, we get a lot of favorite player threads or best player threads, but I thought it would be interesting for everyone to discuss the players they have loved to hate over the years and why. They can be guys you respect but can't stand your franchise to play against. Or it can be guys that you just can't stand because you think they're total jerks.

(And, yes, I'm expecting a lot of Kobe vs. Lebron hate to spawn from this, but I'd like everyone to think about the bigger picture here.)

That's easy.. Anyone in a Celtic uniform.. :D

NJBASEBALL22
12-07-2012, 09:05 PM
1. Dwayne Wade (flopper/crybaby)
2. Gilbert Apenis
3. Karl Malone
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Memhet Okur/Andrea Barignani/Any soft center.