PDA

View Full Version : what should the lakers do with pau gasol?

eddyv7
12-06-2012, 12:34 PM
i'm curious to know what do you laker fans think the lakers should do with gasol.
option 1 would be to not trade him and let him work through his struggles?
option 2. wait till Nash comes back and see if he improves?
option 3. trade gasol either to the hornets, raptors or timber wolves?
option 4. amnestie pau gasol and let jamison start?

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Another Gasol thread? Really?

But to answer the question, I don't think they should trade him yet. If they trade him now, they won't get fair value for him and they'll regret the decision by the time the playoffs roll around. They need to get the whole team healthy, Gasol included. And with Nash and Gasol both at (or near) 100% and D'Antoni at the helm, they need to give this thing a shot. If it's still failing miserably by the trade deadline, then you deal Gasol for whatever expiring contracts, players and picks you can get.

ewing
12-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Depends on if he wants to be a Laker.

NYKnickFanatic
12-06-2012, 12:39 PM
:laugh2: Really?

eddyv7
12-06-2012, 12:42 PM
thanks for your opinion guys i just wanted to know what the majority think should get done . plus its my first thread

Hellcrooner
12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
buy him out so he can sign with the heat for the vets minimum.

NOT

mamba24
12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Post this to the Lakers forum and not the NBA forum. Doesnt belong here... BUT I think the Lakers need to give Nash a chance to run D'Antoni's offense with Pau. Nash made Hakim Warrick a borderline all-star. Let's see what he does with Pau before they think he needs to be traded. If he does get traded, I dont want want to see Bargnani coming to LA in the trade. He is so soft. He is a HORRIBLE defender

jon32
12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I was under the impression that you can't amnesty a player during the season...only in the offseason.
Id wait till Nash came back and see what would happen.......I think those two would work great together but you know thatd be taking the ball outta Kobes hands and when that happens the big boy pants come off and the little girls skirt will come on.

eddyv7
12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Post this to the Lakers forum and not the NBA forum. Doesnt belong here... BUT I think the Lakers need to give Nash a chance to run D'Antoni's offense with Pau. Nash made Hakim Warrick a borderline all-star. Let's see what he does with Pau before they think he needs to be traded. If he does get traded, I dont want want to see Bargnani coming to LA in the trade. He is so soft. He is a HORRIBLE defender

i dont know how to post it in the lakers forum. i agree with you to wait off till nash comes back. also bargiani is a horrible soft defender but at least kleiza and calderon are two solid role players that will boost are horrible bench and fit d antonis system

HaruSoul
12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Trade him for Amare :)

Avenged
12-06-2012, 12:49 PM
If you want Laker fans opinions on this, post it in the Lakers forum.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55