PDA

View Full Version : LeBron and Durant win NBA Players of the Month for November

Cano4prez
12-06-2012, 07:32 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21280940/lebron-james-and-kevin-durant-win-players-of-the-month-for-november

Well deserved by both

BALLER R
12-06-2012, 07:42 AM
as expected

Over Da Pence
12-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Yea..... Sure. Where is the four 20-10 games?

LongIslandIcedZ
12-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Would love to have seen Melo, but its always tough to argue against Lebron

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
But the Stats arent close at all. Maybe you should just be happy that the Knicks are finally relevant and take it one step at a time ehh? Lets not act like Melo is carrying them the way Bron carries the Heat.

u cant be serious he is way more important the knicks then coward is to the heat. Heat are easily a 2nd round team without him. Knicks without melo would not be .500. Amazing how people give players with loaded teams this much credit

ManRam
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm not going to quote this guy because he isn't worthy, but this isn't an MVP award of the month, it's for the "player of the month". James was better than Melo this month, period. More valuable? Who knows? But it doesn't matter.

And you are a walking contradiction...being a Melo fan and calling LeBron "Lecoward" (did your 3 year old niece come up with that), and the whole "loaded team" comment.

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Facts are facts guy took a shortcut and is being rewarded for it buy idiots.

Chronz
12-06-2012, 11:59 AM
u cant be serious he is way more important the knicks then coward is to the heat. Heat are easily a 2nd round team without him. Knicks without melo would not be .500. Amazing how people give players with loaded teams this much credit

Yes I am serious and I disagree with everything you have said. Lets just agree to disagree because I dont see the point in debating with someone who still degrades Bron in such a fashion as if it changes anything.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 11:59 AM

And Melo joined Amare in New York, but I don't see you criticizing him for it. Also, your grammar and spelling seem to get more and more atrocious with each post.

Chronz
12-06-2012, 12:00 PM

:cry:

I cry for America

LongIslandIcedZ
12-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I dont know whats worse, the kid who does nothing but troll, or the people who respond to the troll. Both are pretty bad, quite honestly.

Melo winning player of the month would have been great, but its tough to argue against Lebron when it comes to any award.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I dont know whats worse, the kid who does nothing but troll, or the people who respond to the troll. Both are pretty bad, quite honestly.

Melo winning player of the month would have been great, but its tough to argue against Lebron when it comes to any award.

Except I don't think he's trolling. I think he actually believes the nonsense he's writing.

ManRam
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM

:laugh:

The sad thing is, this guy isn't a troll.

Melo is no less a "coward" than LeBron is. At least LeBron honored the entirety of his contract.

And it doesn't matter. We're talking the BEST PLAYER OF THE MONTH...all that stuff is beyond irrelevant.

JordansBulls
12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
There were only two choices in the East for POM, Lebron or Melo.

BklynKnicks3
12-06-2012, 03:56 PM

The sad thing is, this guy isn't a troll.

Melo is no less a "coward" than LeBron is. At least LeBron honored the entirety of his contract.

And it doesn't matter. We're talking the BEST PLAYER OF THE MONTH...all that stuff is beyond irrelevant.

How is melo a coward and when did i say lebron is a coward for leaving he is a coward for joining wade

Sactown
12-06-2012, 03:58 PM
How is melo a coward and when did i say lebron is a coward for leaving he is a coward for joining wade

Lol at least Lebron joined worse players
Melo arguably joined a better player... seems more cowardly to me.

JordansBulls
12-06-2012, 04:07 PM

How did Lebron join worse players? Wade already won a title as the man and just led the playoffs in PER as well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM

This statement makes absolutely zero sense.

dhopisthename
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
How did Lebron join worse players? Wade already won a title as the man and just led the playoffs in PER as well.

wow if you think that is true

dhopisthename
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM

what? most consider him better then amare

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Lebron > Wade and Bosh. Amare > Melo.

I don't understand how this is confusing. I do think that the talent of Amare and Melo is debatable, especially because of the "Nash effect," but statistically Stoudemire was clearly the better player before Melo came to New York. And clearly Lebron was the better player than Wade before he came to Miami. These two points are not debatable.

JordansBulls
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM

I don't understand how this is confusing. I do think that the talent of Amare and Melo is debatable, especially because of the "Nash effect," but statistically Stoudemire was clearly the better player before Melo came to New York. And clearly Lebron was the better player than Wade before he came to Miami. These two points are not debatable.

He is better now, I was referring to after 2010.

PleaseBeNice
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM

Stop talking please. Ban yourself.

Sactown
12-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Lebron James was superior to Wade and Bosh when he joined in Miami, anyone who says Wade was a better player is kidding them selves...

Melo statistically over the past 2 seasons was arguably a worse player than Amare, and Amare was absolutely dominate in NY before Melo had joined...

So my conclusion is this, is it more cowardly to change teams to join superior players or inferior? I'm saying joining superior players seems more cowardly IF we're going to call anyone cowardly at all!

And JB, I don't care if Wade had won a title 3 years earlier or if his career playoff numbers were superior over their careers.. AT THE TIME LEBRON JAMES CHANGED TEAMS HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PLANET.. that IMO can not be argued.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Lebron James was superior to Wade and Bosh when he joined in Miami, anyone who says Wade was a better player is kidding them selves...

Melo statistically over the past 2 seasons was arguably a worse player than Amare, and Amare was absolutely dominate in NY before Melo had joined...

So my conclusion is this, is it more cowardly to change teams to join superior players or inferior? I'm saying joining superior players seems more cowardly IF we're going to call anyone cowardly at all!

And JB, I don't care if Wade had won a title 3 years earlier or if his career playoff numbers were superior over their careers.. AT THE TIME LEBRON JAMES CHANGED TEAMS HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PLANET.. that IMO can not be argued.

Oh, I see what you meant by that. Sorry, the way you said it, I misinterpreted. My bad.

Sactown

I don't understand how I confused them either? And I'm talking about Amare in his first year in NY, he posted great #'s a #1 option and was an early MVP candidate if you remember.. That's who Melo joined, Lebron joined Wade and Bosh as a MVP lol..

JNoel
Kind of OT, but does BkynKnicks3 ruin every thread? C'mon mods.

Sactown
12-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Oh, I see what you meant by that. Sorry, the way you said it, I misinterpreted. My bad.

Oh, I thought you were saying I was stupid for posting that haha, glad we're on the same page.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 04:19 PM
He is better now, I was referring to after 2010.

Wade was not better than Lebron in 2009-2010. But I would love for you to try and prove otherwise. Lebron had a higher PER and WS/48 while averaging more points, rebounds and assists per game. There is no statistical barometer that would indicate Wade as a better player. And before you say "Playoff numbers OMGZ!!!", Wade only played in five games, his team was eliminated and that is far too small a sample size to prove anything.

nickdymez
12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Wade was not better than Lebron in 2009-2010. But I would love for you to try and prove otherwise. Lebron had a higher PER and WS/48 while averaging more points, rebounds and assists per game. There is no statistical barometer that would indicate Wade as a better player. And before you say "Playoff numbers OMGZ!!!", Wade only played in five games, his team was eliminated and that is far too small a sample size to prove anything.

Throwing out Per and WS doesnt tell anyone who the better player is. It tells us who has the better stats. Wade was better than Lebron up until last year. Deal with it

Slug3
12-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Didnt Melo join Amare? I dont think you even read up or know anything you talk about.

nickdymez
12-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Didnt Melo join Amare? I dont think you even read up or know anything you talk about.

So your saying that Amare and wade are on the same level??? :confused:

mjm07
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Throwing out Per and WS doesnt tell anyone who the better player is. It tells us who has the better stats. Wade was better than Lebron up until last year. Deal with it

Good thing your opinion only matters to you the most...

;)

nickdymez
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Good thing your opinion only matters to you the most...

;)

Buuurrrrnnnn!!! lol... I got you

GiantsSwaGG
12-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Not trying to defend that clown but didn't Lebron join Wade and Bosh two all stars!

mngopher35
12-06-2012, 05:03 PM

Are you being serious? Now I see why you thought Lebron didn't have great playoff performances. You obviously hate him or don't watch him play...

JordansBulls
12-06-2012, 05:28 PM

In the regular season he wasn't I agree with, however in the playoffs Wade dominated the team that Lebron gave up against.

mightybosstone
12-06-2012, 06:03 PM
In the regular season he wasn't I agree with, however in the playoffs Wade dominated the team that Lebron gave up against.

But it's a five-game sample size. That's not fair. That's also the same team Lebron beat in previous years, and it's pretty clear that the guy's head wasn't in the playoffs. He was concerned with the media frenzy that was free agency, and I can't say I blame him. No athlete in the history of professional sports has ever had to deal with that much public scrutiny over a decision, and I think that eventually weighs on a person to where they can no longer handle it.

The thing about Lebron is that he was so good for the years prior to last season, but there was always this invisible ceiling he couldn't get past, similar to what Jordan dealt with against Detroit in his early years. Last postseason, he clearly got past that invisible ceiling and there's no telling how many accolades he'll earn now that he's gotten to that level.

nickdymez
12-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Are you being serious? Now I see why you thought Lebron didn't have great playoff performances. You obviously hate him or don't watch him play...

I dont hate Lebron, im just realistic about him unlike most of you

ManRam
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I dont hate Lebron, im just realistic about him unlike most of you

You got jokes man, jokes...

Baller1
12-06-2012, 07:32 PM

Oh dear lord..

envymamba24
12-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Wade hasn't been better than lebron since bron had that insane series against the pistons in the eastern conference finals. I hate lebron, I mean HATE. But he has been the best player in the league for a few years now

ManRam
12-06-2012, 08:38 PM

The thing with this is that you still have to provide some evidence as to how you are right. Because if you're going to COMPLETELY ignore stats, you have to provide something.

Sactown
12-06-2012, 09:52 PM
The thing with this is that you still have to provide some evidence as to how you are right. Because if you're going to COMPLETELY ignore stats, you have to provide something.

Because he prefers Wades highlights on ESPN more than Lebrons. That's his reasoning.

DumDum
12-07-2012, 02:19 AM
this got ugly really quick

amos1er
12-07-2012, 06:53 AM
David Stern is very happy with this. :clap:

Chavacano
12-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Well deserved. :clap:

Evolution23
12-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Melo is 3rd I guess.

koreancabbage
12-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Not trying to defend that clown but didn't Lebron join Wade and Bosh two all stars!

he got out of the first round didn't they? and two Finals appearances in two years. so its working out for them.

and Bosh joined them later after "the decision" if i'm not mistaken

ManRam
12-07-2012, 09:48 AM
David Stern is very happy with this. :clap:

Why do you say that? Wouldn't he want some new stars to get the love? The same two players being so clearly ahead of the rest of the league isn't the best thing for him.

But yeah. Another stupid post from you!