PDA

View Full Version : Nash was promised Pau would stay

LAKobeBryant
12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Source: Ignore any and all trade talk about Pau Gasol because the Lakers landed Steve Nash by promising him he would get to play with Gasol. Nash made it a prerequisite for passing on offers from Toronto and the Knicks that Pau would be around, the source said.

Such prerequisites from an incoming star aren't that unusual -- Chris Paul made similar personnel demands as part of his agreement to be dealt to the Clippers. (In Paul's case, he wanted assurance that LAC would do whatever was necessary to retain restricted FA DeAndre Jordan.)

Conceivably, once Nash gets back and actually plays with Gasol, the Lakers could continue to struggle and Nash re-thinks his position. But as of right now, one of the enticements that brought Nash to LA was the big Spaniard and the organization would have much bigger problems than they already have if they backtracked on their promise to keep Gasol in the fold.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2012/12/5/3732606/report-nash-has-been-promised-pau-will-stay

I don't Pau getting traded with all these rumours. If he does i see the team falling apart, with Dwight and Nash leaving.

Because Nash came here for Pau, and Dwight came here because the addition on Nash.

Gram
12-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Another Pau thread!

DumDum
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
So the lakers will move him anyway that's what they do sell their souls right

bholly
12-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Pretty sure this has been common knowledge for several days and has come up in every single Pau or Lakers thread since then.

Dade County
12-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Lakers seem to be burning to many bridges.

John Walls Era
12-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Business is business. Nash will get over it IF it happens (probably not). Unless its in his contract, he will have no choice but to live with it.

THE MTL
12-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I call BS on this. So its Pau Gasol who is a deal breaker in Nash going to LAL. I mean Kobe and Bynum (at the time) and now Dwight Howard arent enough to keep him around. Seriously ppl, I highly doubt this article is true.

And what if Lakers/Knicks agree on Gasol for Amare trade. I bet Nash will be jumping for joy then.

Cracka2HI!
12-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Let's see if we can make this one about basketball...would Howard work playing off the ball on the weak side in D'Antoni's offense with Nash running Pick n Roll with Gasol? It almost seems like his offense would only work with 1 big that can play pnr and post up, like Amare was able to.