PDA

View Full Version : The Pau Gasol Appreciation Thread

JasonJohnHorn
12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I feel bad for Pau... the guy has had an amazing career. He is a HOF player for sure. He took a weak Memphis team and lead them to the playoffs several times in a VERY deep West, and when he was finally paired with another All-Star he responded by helping his team reach the NBA finals for three straight years.

Since that time though, he has been the subject of numerous trades, and recents has been thrown under the bus and attacked in the media by teammates, coaches and ownership.

This is a travesty! For a player who has brought so much to his team. It would be like Larry Bird or Kevin McHale being told they are on the trade block because they don't fit into Chris Ford's offense.

Pau Gasol is perhaps the greatest international player to ever play the game, and is certainly one of the best players at his position of his generation and a versatile player, and what's more, he's never been a drama queen like some players these days (I won't go into names, but we all know who they are).

So this is just a thread meant to cheer up Pau and let him know that he is appreciated by basketball fans (I mean, I'm sure Pau reads PSD everyday, right?).

Pau... you are an amazing and unique talent and as basketball fans we have been lucky to get to watch you play. you've done a lot for your Spainish team, you brought Memphis their first playoff basketball expereine, you helped LAL win two championships and also helped Kobe win two finals MVP awards which he wouldn't have been able to win without you (not that he appreciates it much now).

And **** all those people who want to blame Pau for everything that's going wrong with the Lakers.

JNoel
12-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Good luck.

Gram
12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Good luck.

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I feel bad for Pau... the guy has had an amazing career. He is a HOF player for sure. He took a weak Memphis team and lead them to the playoffs several times in a VERY deep West, and when he was finally paired with another All-Star he responded by helping his team reach the NBA finals for three straight years.

Since that time though, he has been the subject of numerous trades, and recents has been thrown under the bus and attacked in the media by teammates, coaches and ownership.

This is a travesty! For a player who has brought so much to his team. It would be like Larry Bird or Kevin McHale being told they are on the trade block because they don't fit into Chris Ford's offense.

Pau Gasol is perhaps the greatest international player to ever play the game, and is certainly one of the best players at his position of his generation and a versatile player, and what's more, he's never been a drama queen like some players these days (I won't go into names, but we all know who they are).

So this is just a thread meant to cheer up Pau and let him know that he is appreciated by basketball fans (I mean, I'm sure Pau reads PSD everyday, right?).

Pau... you are an amazing and unique talent and as basketball fans we have been lucky to get to watch you play. you've done a lot for your Spainish team, you brought Memphis their first playoff basketball expereine, you helped LAL win two championships and also helped Kobe win two finals MVP awards which he wouldn't have been able to win without you (not that he appreciates it much now).

And **** all those people who want to blame Pau for everything that's going wrong with the Lakers.

Everything about this post is just flat out wrong. From the Larry Bird and Kevin Mchale comparisons to the speaking to Pau directly like he actually reads PSD. :facepalm:

sep11ie
12-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Good luck.

sep11ie
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM
When is JJH gonna be banned from starting threads?

Avenged
12-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Lmao

not even Crooner...

Chacarron
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM
not even Crooner...

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Good Luck.

Chavacano
12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
tl;dr but is this really necessary? :confused:

Andrew32
12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
From the Larry Bird and Kevin Mchale.

Pau is definitly comparable to Mchale.

Spurred1
12-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Didn't you already have a thread similar to this a week or so ago...where you said Gasol was as good as Duncan? And even Crooner disagreed with you?
I agree that Gasol gets a lot of undeserved blame, but creating multiple threads about him is going a bit far.
Love him silently.

Hellcrooner
12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Didn't you already have a thread similar to this a week or so ago...where you said Gasol was as good as Duncan? And even Crooner disagreed with you?
I agree that Gasol gets a lot of undeserved blame, but creating multiple threads about him is going a bit far.
Love him silently.

Duncan> Pau

But a comparison with Mchale is not out of the question.

Sadly tough as you can see, all the responses he is getting are mocking him.

kobe4thewinbang
12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Gasol was a great player. But he's too passive. If he's so good, he needs to go out there and score, dribble to his favorite spots and drive into the lane. Teach them all a lesson.

BHF
12-05-2012, 08:17 PM
love the way he and his brother flop

shep33
12-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Did Pau die?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-05-2012, 09:56 PM
I appreciate Pau for what he is and love the dude. He is actually one of the most intelligent guys you'll meet, he was on his way to going to medical school (his mom is a doctor) before he decided to take his talents to International Play and the NBA.

Viva Espana!

PLAYERS FAN
12-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Pau just need to be the second option again. I think being the third option is really distracting him.

DreamShaker
12-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Pau is definitly comparable to Mchale.

Maybe a poor man's McHale.

John Walls Era
12-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Rip?

MonroeFAN
12-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Pretty ridiculous to think that he's responsible for bringing the championship back to LA and now they're throwing him under the bus.

He definitely deserves better.