PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless was right.

sammyvine
12-05-2012, 07:59 AM
He is still a troll but he did say that the stage may be too big for Dwight

Howard may comeback and he is recovering from surgery, but i have been disappointed with him so far i admit.

HYFR
12-05-2012, 08:46 AM
We'll see man. He needs to step up but IMO he's a 2 option on a championship team until he starts making his free throws

SkipBaylessFan
12-05-2012, 09:14 AM
He's always right.

DumDum
12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
the end is near

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Can any one tell me what is similar about the two

Skip Bayless's analysis

Shooting darts in the dark

YEDN90
12-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Skip Bayless is the man, especially because so many people don't realize/care that he's being paid to be controversial.

Mitch Kramer
12-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Skip Bayless is the man, especially because so many people don't realize/care that he's being paid to be controversial.

Skip is an idiot. I know he's paid to be controversial, but can't he at least try to make it a little less obvious?

Kashmir13579
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Is Skip Bayless like, the only one who thought that, or something? I don't get why he's being mentioned at all.

Gram
12-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I hate Skip Bayless.

BklynKnicks3
12-05-2012, 11:07 AM
skip bayless is usually right with basketball football not so much. I like any1 who hates lebron =)

Gram
12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
skip bayless is usually right with basketball football not so much. I like any1 who hates lebron =)

BklynKnicks3 is usually wrong with basketball not sure about football though.

BklynKnicks3
12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
BklynKnicks3 is usually wrong with basketball not sure about football though.

last time i was wrong about basketball was dujaun wagner

Gram
12-05-2012, 11:11 AM

Last time you were wrong about basketball was the last time you said Melo is the second best player in the NBA, which was probably 20 minutes ago.

mightybosstone
12-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Skip Bayless is to sports as Bill O'Reilly is to news. They're both annoying, obnoxious, loud mouths who are clearly trying to be as controversial as possible for the sake of entertainment and ratings. And for every one thing they're right about, there's a dozen things they completely whiff on.

mightybosstone
12-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Oh c'mon man. Give yourself more credit. I've seen your posts and you're wrong about basketball WAY more often than that.

BklynKnicks3
12-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Last time you were wrong about basketball was the last time you said Melo is the second best player in the NBA, which was probably 20 minutes ago.

U dont have to agree but iam def not wrong. Its an opinion after all Espns expers have him 17th who is closer to being right? #takenotesyoungin

Gram
12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
U dont have to agree but iam def not wrong. Its an opinion after all Espns expers have him 17th who is closer to being right? #takenotesyoungin

Never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion, only your opinion is wrong. :laugh2:

ManRam
12-05-2012, 11:17 AM
He's recovering from a major surgery and is adjusting to a new situation.

We can use his poor FT shooting as "proof" that Bayless is right, but I don't think it's that cut and dry.

Also, even if Bayless is right, he only originally said this stuff to be controversial. Everyone gets lucky every once in a while...Bayless does so less frequently than most though.

mightybosstone
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM

You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion sucks. To say something like "Melo is the second best player in the league", you have to have legitimate evidence to back that up. What evidence to you have? Lebron, Durant, Paul, Kobe (and others) numbers are far superior. And it's not like Melo's numbers have been great in the past or that he has team accomplishments to hang his hat on.

Melo has played a bit better this year and New York as a team has played better. But if I'm making a list of the 10 best players in the NBA, I'm not sure he cracks my top 10.

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Skip is an idiot. I know he's paid to be controversial, but can't he at least try to make it a little less obvious?

In other words you want him to be boring. Got it! :facepalm:

BklynKnicks3
12-05-2012, 11:28 AM
You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion sucks. To say something like "Melo is the second best player in the league", you have to have legitimate evidence to back that up. What evidence to you have? Lebron, Durant, Paul, Kobe (and others) numbers are far superior. And it's not like Melo's numbers have been great in the past or that he has team accomplishments to hang his hat on.

Melo has played a bit better this year and New York as a team has played better. But if I'm making a list of the 10 best players in the NBA, I'm not sure he cracks my top 10.

top 10 lol cocaine is a helluvadrug. Kobe is jackin shots n his team is loseing i fu watch lakers games its easy to see that the other teams dont double kobe they let him go one on one and he gets his 30 and no1 else is involved. Lebron i admit is better as much as i hate him. Durant and Melo are neck and neck but Durant has alot more help so its tough to say if durant didnt have such a great team around him and the other teams focus was only on him how great would he be. Cp3 is great but give me a 6'8 bully who can beat u anywhere on the court over a little pg anytime look how deep clippers team is and the knicks record is better early. Melo should win his 2nd player of the month in a row. There should not even be a discussion about melo being ranked lower then 3 soon u will learn. #3tothedome

Faneik
12-05-2012, 11:29 AM

why use # and then write without spacing? I've never seen this before and I'm starting to see it here at PSD.

What does it mean?

BklynKnicks3
12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion, only your opinion is wrong. :laugh2:

my opnion is usually the fact before it happens. Look at Kevins love meaning less numbers get lower and lower as twolves start to win.

mightybosstone
12-05-2012, 11:31 AM
why use # and then write without spacing? I've never seen this before and I'm starting to see it here at PSD.

What does it mean?

It's a Twitter thing, man. If you want your tweets to get noticed, you add a "#" and type in something that will get it noticed within certain searches. For example, I cover high school sports and when I tweet from games, I tweet #txhsfb. It's very common among people who cover high school sports, so people are more likely to see my tweets.

Edit: But it's worth noting that it has caught on outside of Twitter to become sort of a societal thing. People will do it on Facebook or other social networking sites. I've seen people do it often to make a joke.

Faneik
12-05-2012, 11:35 AM
It's a Twitter thing, man. If you want your tweets to get noticed, you add a "#" and type in something that will get it noticed within certain searches. For example, I cover high school sports and when I tweet from games, I tweet #txhsfb. It's very common among people who cover high school sports, so people are more likely to see my tweets.

Edit: But it's worth noting that it has caught on outside of Twitter to become sort of a societal thing. People will do it on Facebook or other social networking sites. I've seen people do it often to make a joke.

so if you use #, what you write after it becomes like a tag?

Nycbball08
12-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Ok, now give him a cookie..

D-Leethal
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM

If your going by this season and how guys are playing right now and not their reps from the past, than your list would be bad, cause no way Melo is not top 10 right now.

mightybosstone
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
top 10 lol cocaine is a helluvadrug. Kobe is jackin shots n his team is loseing i fu watch lakers games its easy to see that the other teams dont double kobe they let him go one on one and he gets his 30 and no1 else is involved.
As much as I hate Kobe, you can't blame him for the team's failures or the coaches inability to plan for this roster. And his numbers this year are among the best in his entire career. He's without question a more efficient scorer this season than Melo.

Durant and Melo are neck and neck but Durant has alot more help so its tough to say if durant didnt have such a great team around him and the other teams focus was only on him how great would he be.
This is total crap. Durant's numbers are superior to Melo's in every feasible way. He's a better scorer, shooter, rebounder, distributor, shot blocker, defender and I bet he makes a better cup of tea, too. You're basing a player's skill or talent on how much talent is on his team. That's ********. If you do your job well and your coworkers also do their job well, does that mean you do your job less well? Of course not, and that's what argument you're trying to make.

Cp3 is great but give me a 6'8 bully who can beat u anywhere on the court over a little pg anytime look how deep clippers team is and the knicks record is better early.
Again, you're basing a player's skill on team success, which is totally ridiculous considering that Melo has never played in an NBA Finals game. Quit paying attention to the players around them and look solely at the players themselves. Melo scores and rebounds at a higher clip, but Paul's far more efficient and his distribution skills alone make him an absolutely better basketball player than Melo, whose AST/TO ratio is below 1.0. Pathetic.

Melo should win his 2nd player of the month in a row. There should not even be a discussion about melo being ranked lower then 3 soon u will learn. #3tothedome
I will learn nothing. Melo is not and probably has never been one of the five best players in the NBA. He is a high volume scorer with a wildly inconsistent outside shot who rarely passes and plays mediocre defense. His efficiency has improved this year thanks to his outside shot improving, but that will not last.

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
If your going by this season and how guys are playing right now and not their reps from the past, than your list would be bad, cause no way Melo is not top 10 right now.

The hatred for Melo on this site is unreal. I wouldnt even bother trying to find a legit reason why some of these people think Melo is outside the top 10 this season.

mightybosstone
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
so if you use #, what you write after it becomes like a tag?

Exactly. Although people nowadays have a tendency to misuse it because they see it so much that they think it makes sense to use it in all situations.

C_Mund
12-05-2012, 11:47 AM

That makes him what, the Kesha of sports analysis? Frankly I don't need staged controversy to enjoy my bball. I'd rather have somebody with something insightful to say than a character. It's like watching the Onion sports but with somebody that takes it really really serious.

...which is not to say that he's wrong about everything. I just think that most people on PSD could make generalizations and act like we invented the wheel each time. Plus we'd probably all be more easy to palate in the interim.

mightybosstone
12-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Based SOLELY on the start of this young season, I would put Melo in the top 10, somewhere in the 6-8 range probably behind Lebron, Durant, Paul, Kobe and Timmy. But teams haven't even played a quarter of the season yet, and if we're going based on the last 3-5 years, Melo doesn't sniff my top 10. ESPN's ranking of 17 was totally justified based on play from previous seasons.

Faneik
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Exactly. Although people nowadays have a tendency to misuse it because they see it so much that they think it makes sense to use it in all situations.

got it. thanks man.

homestarunner93
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Can any one tell me what is similar about the two

Skip Bayless's analysis

Shooting darts in the dark

Shooting darts in the dark is accurate every now and then.

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Shooting darts in the dark is accurate every now and then.

Exactly, it's all guessing and sometimes you get lucky but I'm not saying he's even correct on this topic just saying

John Walls Era
12-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Hes more right than people give him credit for. But he also makes 5 predictions a day so playing the percentages by volume game, he would hit one eventually. Only thing I'll give him credit for his the Tebow prediction and he started RGIII hype before anyone else.

sammyvine
12-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Hes more right than people give him credit for. But he also makes 5 predictions a day so playing the percentages by volume game, he would hit one eventually. Only thing I'll give him credit for his the Tebow prediction and he started RGIII hype before anyone else.

This is true

What do you think about his stances on Lebron and Westbrook>

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
People dont like Skip because he tells it like it is. Skip makes a lot sense. He's just very high level and doesnt take the time to get in depth or analyze his statements thouroghly..

Jarvo
12-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Skip does be right on with what he say's he just go overboard will Lebron.

John Walls Era
12-05-2012, 05:29 PM
This is true

Well he was the only person to get on Lebron before Lebron won. I dont agree with him, But he wasn't 100% wrong. He is also right on how Westbrook plays, BUT hes wrong that Thunder can't win with him.

WAYNEBO
12-05-2012, 07:06 PM
last time you were wrong about basketball was the last time you said melo is the second best player in the nba, which was probably 20 minutes ago.

lol!

BULLSFAN0810
12-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Skip imo has been right like 80% of the time. He called out alot of players and they hardly prove him wrong in what he said. He even champions Tebow and was right last year. He calls scores and can be very close. Dude knows sports, and he says it in your face. He seems to understand the mental aspect of the games that us number whores can't.

BULLSFAN0810
12-05-2012, 11:51 PM
This is true

As far as Westbrook, he passes more... The team is great. He shootsmore than KD, they suck:mad:

he called it on LBJ, dudewas mentally weak, and playing his buddy was a blessing, because IF YOU LET THE MAVS TALK ****, AND WIN....
That's mentally weak. Teams have an personality that they build around. The Mavs has always been Phoenix# 2. I can NEVER get past that.. Mavericks!

Lakers4life08
12-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Skip Bayless said, he would pick Austin Rivers with 2 pick....LMAO,......He is clown

rex.reyesiii
12-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Well he was the only person to get on Lebron before Lebron won. I dont agree with him, But he wasn't 100% wrong. He is also right on how Westbrook plays, BUT hes wrong that Thunder can't win with him.

Well he is at present right (and I agree with him) and you are wrong... for now. :D

R. Johnson#3
12-06-2012, 08:18 AM

That ****ing look on his face when he's "listening" to what somebody says. I just wanna smack that damn look right off his face. I know he's trolling but sometimes I get overwhelmed with fury and can't take it anymore.

Over Da Pence
12-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Skip Bayless is right many times. I don't agree with everything he says but when he is right, he is spot on. I would never doubt Skip Bayless. The guy is passionate and emphatic. He uses words with authority and I highly respect him.

Over Da Pence
12-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Also skip was right in the sense that bynum when healthy is better than howard. I agree. He has more length than howard and doesn't get pushed around. Sometimes I cannot even spot howard on the court because someone is taller than him and covering him.