PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody hate Kevin Durant?

poleandreel
12-05-2012, 04:19 AM
I mean, there really isn't any reason to hate the guy.

-He is humble/genuine
-Is a good leader
-Stays out of the spotlight
-Always gives his teammates credit
-Never gets in trouble
-Easy to coach/Hard Worker

And there aren't many thunder fans who are shoving him down your throat.

Most Thunder fans will agree that LBJ is the best and Durant is second, although this year is looking like it may be alot closer than people think.

Anyway, do you or know anyone who actually dislikes Durant?

HYFR
12-05-2012, 04:22 AM
He's simply perfect. No flaws

b@llhog24
12-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Maybe not him personally, but I hate that he never gets criticism.

poleandreel
12-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Maybe not him personally, but I hate that he never gets criticism.

As an OKC fan, I hate when Westbrook gets blamed for everything. So, I agree with you in principle. But really, that isn't something he can control. I'm sure he would take it and get better if it were directed at him. Although he was criticized for not playing big or having a post game or a go to move, both of which he fixed.

HYFR
12-05-2012, 04:28 AM
What can u criticize him for tho?

Baller1
12-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Melo fans and ManRam hate him.

heyman321
12-05-2012, 04:56 AM
You also forgot

-impeccable bone structure
-you could get lost in his eyes

Munkeysuit
12-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Not a huge fan of the dude, but I cannot see any reason to hate on him...the guy is like a choir boy superhero all rolled into one.

NYYCowboys
12-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Lebron was once like this too when he was on the Cavs. It just takes one 'decision' to change the public perception of a player.

kyubi256
Dude is incredible. One of my favorite players

kyubi256
Lebron was once like this too when he was on the Cavs. It just takes one 'decision' to change the public perception of a player.

Also the Thunder have a much better support cast than the Cavs ever had. With Lebron you just always heard the complaints for a second star. You don't hear that with Durant since they already have that second in Westbrook.

I guess that is the one thing you can fault him though, that he does not always step up for Westbrook when he is getting criticized

Ebbs
12-05-2012, 05:51 AM
I don't hate him at all. However media treats him like a puppy, it's ****ing annoying.

Also I do think this season he's made strides, he was to damn timid last post season.

stawka
12-05-2012, 06:38 AM
I dislike him because he is too much of a "goody goody", like that nerd in school that always kissed *** to look good in front of everyone. Just be yourself and do your thing!

He's a GREAT basketball player and appears to be a great guy (much like most NBA players), but he just pisses me off at times

joseph aka Jman
12-05-2012, 06:46 AM
I dislike him because he is too much of a "goody goody", like that nerd in school that always kissed *** to look good in front of everyone. Just be yourself and do your thing!

He's a GREAT basketball player and appears to be a great guy (much like most NBA players), but he just pisses me off at times

Just because thats his personality? but then you say be yourself, that is his self:confused:

Cano4prez
12-05-2012, 07:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kYQwkuY1gxk#t=69s

stawka
12-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Just because thats his personality? but then you say be yourself, that is his self:confused:

You're right, but I just think he overdoes it a little. OK you don't curse, you don't fight, you don't throw your teammates under the bus, bla bla bla whatever. He's just too good, that I actually think some of it is fake

maddBat
12-05-2012, 07:32 AM
its called class. n as much as i hate him after last night, there is no doubt he is the classiest(i dont know if this is a real word) star in the nba.

Quinnsanity
12-05-2012, 07:43 AM
David Stern

sammyvine
12-05-2012, 07:59 AM
how people can ''hate'' nba players they have never even met is beyond me.

sammyvine
12-05-2012, 08:00 AM
You're right, but I just think he overdoes it a little. OK you don't curse, you don't fight, you don't throw your teammates under the bus, bla bla bla whatever. He's just too good, that I actually think some of it is fake

how people can ''hate'' people they have never met is beyond me.

stawka
12-05-2012, 08:34 AM
The same way they hate/hated LeBron/Kobe/Shaq/KG/Barkley/Dwight

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 09:12 AM
How can you hate a guy that just goes out and plays the best basketball he can never makes excuses and shows great leadership and team support.

Just hard hating a guy that doesn't dance around(LeBron) or be arrogant(Kobe, LeBron) and wants to play for a small market team(not like LeBron, Kobe or Dwight).

DumDum
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I think he is still weak half of PSD can out bench him and the other half can back in him down in the paint

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I think he is still weak half of PSD can out bench him and the other half can back in him down in the paint

cocaine is a hellava drug

DumDum
12-05-2012, 09:33 AM
cocaine is a hellava drug

the guy couldn't bench in the nba draft combine his post D like the rest of his defense mediocre

I wouldn't know about drugs have you ask google

b@llhog24
12-05-2012, 09:45 AM
As an OKC fan, I hate when Westbrook gets blamed for everything. So, I agree with you in principle. But really, that isn't something he can control. I'm sure he would take it and get better if it were directed at him. Although he was criticized for not playing big or having a post game or a go to move, both of which he fixed.

Yea that's why I said not him personally. You're a superstar but yet you're immune to any form of criticism entirely? There are a ton of other superstars/all stars who are/were probably just as or almost as humble but get a **** load of crap thrown there way.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=731563

Lol ManRam does? That's awesome. :laugh2:

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 09:53 AM
the guy couldn't bench in the nba draft combine his post D like the rest of his defense mediocre

I wouldn't know about drugs have you ask google

hold on so you don't like him cause he couldn't bench in the NBA draft combine that was 5 years ago when he was 19? You also don't like him cause he doesn't have good post defense? I wasn't aware small forwards were backing down the 6'11 small forward...Didn't know the early 90's small forwards were making a come back....

bucketss
12-05-2012, 09:59 AM
melo homers and soon insecure kobe fans will start dumping on him when he starts winning championships/mvps.

yanksrock
12-05-2012, 10:17 AM
You also forgot

Exactly!!

Thought I was the only one on that one. :hi5::love::laugh:

DumDum
12-05-2012, 10:19 AM
hold on so you don't like him cause he couldn't bench in the NBA draft combine that was 5 years ago when he was 19? You also don't like him cause he doesn't have good post defense? I wasn't aware small forwards were backing down the 6'11 small forward...Didn't know the early 90's small forwards were making a come back....

:rolleyes: he hasn't gotten much strong even working out with d wade and lebron over the off season and yeah melo and lebron are working into the post more even G wallace is backing durant down. I know the thread says do you hate durant I don't I just don't like the skill set put with the body if he gets stronger maybe my opinions will change on kevin durant

yanksrock
12-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Seriously though he's hard not to like. The thunder as whole are very likable.

DumDum
12-05-2012, 10:24 AM

westbrook can be a ''chucker'' at times

BklynKnicks3
12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
I dont hate him but its pathetic how they give him every foul call. Yesterday i watched the game and it got close i told my friend watch this durant got the ball foul and it happend 3 out of 4 times

Swashcuff
12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Melo fans.

Personally I don't hate any athlete. People who do really don't have a life IMO.

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 10:29 AM
:rolleyes: he hasn't gotten much strong even working out with d wade and lebron over the off season and yeah melo and lebron are working into the post more even G wallace is backing durant down. I know the thread says do you hate durant I don't I just don't like the skill set put with the body if he gets stronger maybe my opinions will change on kevin durant

:rolleyes:

bruh hes 6'11" and runs, dribbles and comes off screens like a gaurd, he's defense is above average and if this was the early 90s you would have a point about needing to be stronger but lets face it his go go gadget arms is very effective in changing shots. Can you even name 5 SFs in the NBA that even have a decent post game?

meloman1592
12-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I dont hate him, there's nothing to hate. I hate the way people talk about him like they know him personally and he does no wrong. He's great not flawless

yanksrock
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
westbrook can be a ''chucker'' at times

True.

I'm talking about as a team!! I think most non-Thunder fans would want them to do well after their own team of course.

JordansBulls
12-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Hell no, he is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Melo fans.

Personally I don't hate any athlete. People who do really don't have a life IMO.

Are you saying fans of Melo dont have lives?

I agree, hate is far too harsh a word for a basketball player.

I will say this though, everyone loves him now, but it only takes one screwup and fans will be all over him.

rickshaw
12-05-2012, 10:44 AM

So you don't like him because he is a good person?

Swashcuff
12-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Are you saying fans of Melo dont have lives?

I agree, hate is far too harsh a word for a basketball player.

I will say this though, everyone loves him now, but it only takes one screwup and fans will be all over him.

Hell no! I was just speaking in general.

Kashmir13579
12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I follow him on Twitter.

Kashmir13579
12-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Westbrick though.... I subscribe to the Westbrick talk.

b@llhog24
12-05-2012, 10:48 AM

:facepalm: He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!

bucketss
12-05-2012, 10:52 AM

you're a jordan fan though?

corytwotimes
12-05-2012, 10:55 AM
its called class. n as much as i hate him after last night, there is no doubt he is the classiest(i dont know if this is a real word) star in the nba.

derrick rose is right there with him

raiderposting
12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I can see the same **** happening to durant one day. I see people turning on him the first bad thing he does.

thenaj17
12-05-2012, 10:59 AM

You're a fellow Laker and Redwings fan? Good choices!

Gram
12-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Not a huge fan but I don't dislike him at all.

JordansBulls
12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
:facepalm: He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!

Fisher wasn't an allstar nor do people make excuses for Durant's loss either.

JordansBulls
12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
you're a jordan fan though?

yes I know. He was humble which is why I like him. Same as Hakeem and Duncan.

DumDum
12-05-2012, 11:13 AM
:rolleyes:

bruh hes 6'11" and runs, dribbles and comes off screens like a gaurd, he's defense is above average and if this was the early 90s you would have a point about needing to be stronger but lets face it his go go gadget arms is very effective in changing shots. Can you even name 5 SFs in the NBA that even have a decent post game?

I already named three of them and durant isn't one of them

ManRam
12-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't hate him. But I don't love him. Far from one of my favorite players. Do I have rational reasons why? Probably not...but that's sports for ya.

He is a lot of fun to watch though.

BklynKnicks3
12-05-2012, 11:17 AM
I used to like okc alittle before they got kevin martin watching him shoot the basketball make me sick to my stomache

Gram
12-05-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't hate him. But I don't love him. Far from one of my favorite players. Do I have rational reasons why? Probably not...but that's sports for ya.

He is a lot of fun to watch though.

You love to watch me too, I know it's fun.

bucketss
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
yes I know. He was humble which is why I like him. Same as Hakeem and Duncan.

jordan is a cocky,conceited,arrogant,narcissistic,assclown.

bucketss
I used to like okc alittle before they got kevin martin watching him shoot the basketball make me sick to my stomache

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Avenged
Not a fan. Don't "hate" him though.

torocan
12-05-2012, 11:26 AM
The only significant criticism I ever see in regards to Durant is that people sometimes complain that he doesn't shoot Enough. Translation : Don't let Westbrook shoot SO much. :D

And I think him being 24 means people still give the weaker portions of his game a bit of a pass -- especially since he's consistently in the running for the scoring title.

Like many, I believe that Durant is still a work in progress... which is scary as heck.

I Rock Shaqs
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM

You dislike him because he's not an *******. Lol Dumbest thing I ever read.

Nycbball08
12-05-2012, 11:36 AM
KD's silky smooth...

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 11:42 AM
How can you hate a guy that just goes out and plays the best basketball he can never makes excuses and shows great leadership and team support.

Just hard hating a guy that doesn't dance around(LeBron) or be arrogant(Kobe, LeBron) and wants to play for a small market team(not like LeBron, Kobe or Dwight).

Kobe was drafted to the Lakers. Are you saying that he should demand a trade to Utah so he's not playing for a big market team?? :confused:

Swashcuff
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Kobe was drafted to the Lakers. Are you saying that he should demand a trade to Utah so he's not playing for a big market team?? :confused:

Wrong

justinnum1
12-05-2012, 11:47 AM

:laugh:

Learn some history about your favorite team

:facepalm:

Dade County
12-05-2012, 11:53 AM
If he doesn't re-up with OKC in that final year, people will find ways to hate him... When he becomes a free agent, and posters on here will say, why should he extend, he'll make more money if he waits until the end of the season to sign a bigger contract; people will rear their ugly head at him, saying stuff like if he dare leaves, blah, blah.

Then when that day comes, and he is wearing another team jersey ( HEAT, LAKERS or Knicks ), **** hits the fan.

I see this happening, if Durant doesn't win a title in OKC, before his contract is up.

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 11:55 AM

Yea, i dont get it. If your refering to him technically being drafted to the Hornets, I say to you "Stop the Trololololol"

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
If he doesn't re-up with OKC in that final year, people will find ways to hate him... When he becomes a free agent, and poster on here will see, why should he extend, he'll make more money if he waits until the end of the season to sign a bigger contract; people will rear their ugly head at him, saying stuff like if he dare leaves, blah, blah.

Then when that day comes, and he is wearing another team jersey ( HEAT, LAKERS or Knicks ), **** hits the fan.

I see this happening, if Durant doesn't win a title in OKC, before his contract is up.

Newsflash for Heat fans! your little team isnt relavant in the grand scheme. You had the best player in the league join the other top 3 player in the league and your little team won. You will be nothing WHEN Lebron leaves and no one will consider your little team to be a destination for free agents. Knicks, Lakers, Brooklyn, Boston, etc will always be number 1 spots!

Slimsim
12-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't like durant

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 12:19 PM

I refuse to explain to a "Laker fan" and "Kobe fan" this history of both Kobe and the Lakers.

Search google

Dade County
12-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Newsflash for Heat fans! your little team isnt relavant in the grand scheme. You had the best player in the league join the other top 3 player in the league and your little team won. You will be nothing WHEN Lebron leaves and no one will consider your little team to be a destination for free agents. Knicks, Lakers, Brooklyn, Boston, etc will always be number 1 spots!

okay, thank you for letting me know that :sleep:

You have no idea what Pat Riley has truly created... You will change your mind after a decade. What the HEAT franchise has done, will not stop, they will keep on getting the best players every 4 to 6 years.

Knicks, Lakers, Brooklyn, Boston,

2 of these teams are obsolete when it comes to Miami future, the powers to be have decided that already. You could actually say that the HEAT are the new ( blank ) :laugh2: You are not going to like this.

Captain Moroni
12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
We're all waiting for him to have an ESPN press conference to announce he is screwing the fans in okc. Then we will hate him.

meloman1592
12-05-2012, 12:39 PM

This basically

Duncan and Rose say hi

KnickaBocka.44
12-05-2012, 12:45 PM

You have no idea what Pat Riley has truly created... You will change your mind after a decade. What the HEAT franchise has done, will not stop, they will keep on getting the best players every 4 to 6 years.

2 of these teams are obsolete when it comes to Miami future, the powers to be have decided that already. You could actually say that the HEAT are the new ( blank ) :laugh2: You are not going to like this.

Your are easily the most delusional poster on this forum.

Jarvo
12-05-2012, 12:48 PM

He's too nice, I know he loves his teammates and all but when Westbrook starts to jack up shots and act as he's the star when he's cold he has to let him know to pass the ball to him or others. Other than that he's a good guy!

nickdymez
12-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I refuse to explain to a "Laker fan" and "Kobe fan" this history of both Kobe and the Lakers.

Search google

I dont know if I need to "search Google". Im just confused on what your trying to say. Actualy why are you even commenting to me? who was typing to you? :facepalm:

Dade County
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Your are easily the most delusional poster on this forum.

It's so easy for the blind to dismiss the ones that can actually see, and know what's really going on around them... Life, you have to love it :pity:

Snakeyestx
12-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I used to call him "Mr. Potato Head" just because of his cranial appearance, but to be honest, you can hate the player (ignorantly in most cases), but you have to respect the game.

The only thing I "hate" about him is he isn't on my team's roster... honestly, I've got no beef otherwise.

WAYNEBO
12-05-2012, 01:20 PM
KD is low profile... he picked up an extension with the Thunder with no fan-fare, and at a fair price. The kid loves bball, could care less about the lime light, and seems very grounded. He's not a thug wanna be with 26 cars and blinged out crap. What's not to like about Durant?

There was a reason Jordan risked tampering meetings w/ KD in college, because he wanted him on the Bobcats!!!!

WAYNEBO
12-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Not defending this poster, but only an ignorant fan would consider the Heat a splash in the NBA landscape. Pat Riley is a proven, winning mastermind. The Heat are in a no-income tax state. South Beach is a box-office draw. Sorry, but they are going to be a powerhouse from now on -- deal with it.

JiffyMix88
12-05-2012, 01:37 PM

I dont know if I need to "search Google". Im just confused on what your trying to say. Actualy why are you even commenting to me? who was typing to you? :facepalm:

ummmmm ok now its clear not only do you know nothing about your "favorite player" and how your "favorite team" got him but you also respond aimlessly with no knowledge of what your talking about whatsoever.

xxplayerxx23
12-05-2012, 01:40 PM

I am a melo fan and I love Durant

Blitzbolt
12-05-2012, 02:09 PM
I like KD and Lebron but I find Melo and D12 annoying.

Baller1
12-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I am a melo fan and I love Durant

I should've been more specific. Irrational Melo fans. ;)

Money_23
12-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Very soon Lebron fans will start to hate him.

LOOTERX9
12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Lebron and melo fans hate him alot.

heyman321
12-05-2012, 03:13 PM

god i hate when people nitpick about this. YES, EVERYONE KNOWS HE WAS OFFICIALLY DRAFTED BY THE HORNETS. But he traded like 2 minutes later, so he was ESSENTIALLY DRAFTED BY THE LAKERS.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Nah, he's cool.

Shkelqim
12-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I hated him for not asking for the ball a little more. Sometimes u have be a little more selfish to be a world champ. When ur good as KD is, the ball should be in your hands a lot more... especially if it's the finals. So i guess i hate his coaches and role players for not giving it to him more :)

ManningToTyree
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I love Durant and I'm a Melo fan...

Cubs420
12-05-2012, 03:29 PM
What about the gay *** movie Durant is in? Anyone seen the ad's for that movie yet? Horrible...

come on Kevin, you dont have to sell out like that just yet....Atleast Shaq's movies went through the theater.

Swashcuff
12-05-2012, 03:30 PM
What about the gay *** movie Durant is in? Anyone seen the ad's for that movie yet? Horrible...

come on Kevin, you dont have to sell out like that just yet....Atleast Shaq's movies went through the theater.

I downloaded it just haven't found the time to watch it just yet.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I mean, there really isn't any reason to hate the guy.

-He is humble/genuine
-Is a good leader
-Stays out of the spotlight
-Always gives his teammates credit
-Never gets in trouble
-Easy to coach/Hard Worker
And there aren't many thunder fans who are shoving him down your throat.

Most Thunder fans will agree that LBJ is the best and Durant is second, although this year is looking like it may be alot closer than people think.

Anyway, do you or know anyone who actually dislikes Durant?

People still hate Tim Duncan who has all of these qualities as well.....

Too answer the question I like KD unless he's getting his BS super star treament against San Antonio.

iam brett favre
12-05-2012, 03:36 PM
I love him.

JasonJohnHorn
12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I fawking hate him. He's so aroganet and selfish on the floor, and he throws his teammates under the buss and tells them to wear 'big boy pants', and... oh wait, that's Kobe.

No, durant is awesome. he reminds me a little of tim duncan in terms of personality and approach...

ManRam
12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I should've been more specific. Irrational Melo fans. ;)

And irrational ManRams.

Baller1
12-05-2012, 04:58 PM
And irrational ManRams.

Haha, yeah that too.

I know you've always been a big Russy fan and not too much of a KD fan, I was just messin' around though.

sammyvine
12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
jordan is a cocky,conceited,arrogant,narcissistic,assclown.

when you were that good and won that much, you have the right tbf

it will be impossible to have 6final mvps, be a sports icon, have the best selling sneaker and not be cocky.

smith&wesson
12-05-2012, 06:06 PM
love durant.

hate okc.

actually, i hated harden and perkins. now that ones gone im ok with okc again. once perkins is gone they will be one of my favourite teams :cheer:

topdog
12-05-2012, 06:10 PM
People still hate Tim Duncan who has all of these qualities as well.....

Too answer the question I like KD unless he's getting his BS super star treament against San Antonio.

Tim Duncan also looks like he's about to lose his eyes any time he has a foul called on him. I know every player reacts to some calls negatively, but Duncan would have you believe he never committed a foul in his life.

Sneaky
12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Nope, no hate for KD here.

sep11ie
12-05-2012, 06:24 PM
I heard his 3rd grade teacher Miss Lippy hated him.

Gideon
12-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I have known plenty of "celebrities" or in particular people in the music industry and am not a person who gets star struck, but I was at last night's Thunder vs Nets game and Durant gave me a Hi-Five and I thought it was pretty awesome since he's my favorite player. I can't imagine anyone not liking the guy.

ManRam
12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Haha, yeah that too.

I know you've always been a big Russy fan and not too much of a KD fan, I was just messin' around though.

I really just like playing Devil's Advocate. There needs to be someone to stand up for RWB (when he deserves being defended) and that's where I come in!

I really don't hate KD at all...he's a joy. I just like to argue sometimes :shrug:

Ill21
12-05-2012, 07:17 PM

I do not hate Durant and i am a big Melo supporter

stawka
12-05-2012, 07:45 PM
:facepalm: He lost with hca, while having 5 time champion derek fisher coming off the bench!

lllllllmmmmmmaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !

SA5195
12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
You also forgot

this