PDA

View Full Version : Chris Duhon takes over the starting PG job!

Mr. LA
12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Updating a previous item, Chris Duhon will start over Darius Morris on Tuesday against the Rockets.
Mike D'Antoni hinted that was the direction he was leaning in after the Lakers loss to the Magic.

Source: https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/276018605626376192

Morris has been struggling for awhile now ... I approve this move ... Duhon is a good fit with the starting unit and is actually a decent player. You guys like this move?

gr824
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Updating a previous item, Chris Duhon will start over Darius Morris on Tuesday against the Rockets.
Mike D'Antoni hinted that was the direction he was leaning in after the Lakers loss to the Magic.

Source: https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/276018605626376192

Morris has been struggling for awhile now ... I approve this move ... Duhon is a good fit with the starting unit and is actually a decent player. You guys like this move?

Yes ... With some reservations ...

Duhon will do fine with the starters. But I feel Morris needs most of his court time to be with the 'men' as well, not with the 'boys' off the bench, so it will be interesting to see how D'Antoni divides the minutes and who winds up playing with whom ...

shep33
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah I guess it's alright. He's better than Morris. But the problem is Morris's faults can be covered by the starters.

PJAF
12-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Duhon sucks. He couldn't even get minutes in Orlando. Mike D loves him. I guess until Nash comes back what other choice does he have?

shep33
12-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Duhon sucks. He couldn't even get minutes in Orlando. Mike D loves him. I guess until Nash comes back what other choice does he have?

Exactly. We don't have any other options right now

Chavacano
12-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Finally... Morris showed (a little bit of) promise but the TOs and rookie mistakes he was committing were proving too costly. Duhon, on the other hand, showed more consistency and committed less TOs and mistakes as expected of a veteran these past few games.

Props to Coach D'Antoni for making an adjustment. :clap: Hopefully it pans out.

Iron24th
12-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm fine with this move, Duhon isn't as bad as people say, he makes the entry pass well, defends a bit, and can make open 3s.

That's more than we can ask for a 4th string PG.

Mr_Jones
12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't understand why some people are saying, "Oh well, Morris just needs more time."

I get that he's young, but there is a BIG chance that maybe he's just not that good. He likely would not make another roster in the league. While Duhon isn't the best, he's definitely better than Morris. WU TANG

handle
12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't understand why some people are saying, "Oh well, Morris just needs more time."

I get that he's young, but there is a BIG chance that maybe he's just not that good. He likely would not make another roster in the league. While Duhon isn't the best, he's definitely better than Morris. WU TANG

Morris will be a career bench player.

mamba24
12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I have no idea why Morris is on this team over DJO/CDR/Goudelock/etc... I dont get why so many people are so high on him. He is awful. He and Ebanks are clearly the worst players on this team. Both gotta go.

championships
12-04-2012, 02:55 PM
This is a good move IMO. Duhon is a veteran and will slow down and play within the facets of the game.
Morris' problem is he is young, plays too fast trying too hard to show he can play.

Mr_Jones
12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Morris will be a career bench player.

At best

Mr_Jones
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
This is a good move IMO. Duhon is a veteran and will slow down and play within the facets of the game.
Morris' problem is he is young, plays too fast trying too hard to show he can play.

And that warrants more playing time? What if his "potential" is really not that high, and we're wasting our time trying to develop the wrong point guard?

Every one of the PG's that we've drafted in recent years past, have all been praised. "OH, YEAH, THIS GUY HAS GREAT POTENTIAL. FUTURE LAKER POINT GUARD. I'M A DUMBASS."

No. All those guys are either not in the league, or rotting on the bench. So.. No. Morris is just like them.

championships
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM

And that warrants more playing time? What if his "potential" is really not that high, and we're wasting our time trying to develop the wrong point guard?

Every one of the PG's that we've drafted in recent years past, have all been praised. "OH, YEAH, THIS GUY HAS GREAT POTENTIAL. FUTURE LAKER POINT GUARD. I'M A DUMBASS."

No. All those guys are either not in the league, or rotting on the bench. So.. No. Morris is just like them.Not sure why you quoted my post.
Everything you said has nothing to do with what I said in my post.

No where did I say Morris needs more playing time or he is the future point guard.

What I said was I like the move, moving Duhon to the starter because Morris has been playing out of control as of late.

Makakiluminati
12-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Duhon is a little better then Morris, but not by much.... Man I wish we retained Ramon Sessions, he would have been fantastic in this D'antoni offense.

LAKERMANIA
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Instant champions

Zefflin
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Good move Mike D, you see guys...this Mike actually changes things up! Like a good coach is paid to do.

Avenged
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Good move but not a game changer. No complaints though, at least he's trying.

Mr. LA
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
damn you Sessions ...

Sessions
Meeks
Douglas Roberts
Jamison
Hill

could have been an AMAZING bench

Chacarron
12-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Couldn't we sign a PG like Delonte to a 15-day contract until Nash comes back? I'll even take Earl Boykins.

evadatam5150
12-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes ... With some reservations ...

Duhon will do fine with the starters. But I feel Morris needs most of his court time to be with the 'men' as well, not with the 'boys' off the bench, so it will be interesting to see how D'Antoni divides the minutes and who winds up playing with whom ...

I'm still curious how Duhon made the team.. :D

and now he's starting...?? I guess when they keep saying, *it can't get much worse*, they really don't know the Lakers.. :)

evadatam5150
12-04-2012, 05:34 PM
damn you Sessions ...

Sessions
Meeks
Douglas Roberts
Jamison
Hill

could have been an AMAZING bench

Ramone is only the lesser of two evils.. Or the equal as neither option is really acceptable in a Lakers uniform..

Chacarron
12-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't understand why the Lakers didn't resign Sessions and amnesty Blake. Sessions is only making $1 million more than Blake. We could have still traded for Nash and made our bench better in the process.

Tytanium 24
12-04-2012, 05:55 PM

He's shooting 40% from 3.. He's better then Morris.

Tytanium 24
12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Ramone is only the lesser of two evils.. Or the equal as neither option is really acceptable in a Lakers uniform..

Did you see what Ramon is averaging in Charlotte?